Hello :-)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Haha Igor, I wish I had so little housework to do that I could oblige you! I’ve just sat down now for the first time since my morning coffee, as my heel has just started off, but downstairs is clean…

…ish ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hello Antigone, glad you’re feeling a lot less tender by now. I did mine once at the age of 15 on a fairground ride. Ye Gods it was painful for a long, long time after. I’ve put many things off the last few years, including leaving the house unless I really really have to (food shopping). Don’t visit friends or family or anything, they tend to come to me. That’s just the low level stuff, if I dug deep, who knows what I’d come to realise!

Welcome back Orinoco, hope you had a nice holiday and well done on the great weightloss too!

Well done Gavin ๐Ÿ™‚ You’ve done great!

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Lucky
    Hassle free, irritation free eggs today?

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Frog – they are forming part of a BSD friendly ‘fry up’ for tea. Will update later ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

Hey Lucky, your eggs should be a breeze ๐Ÿ˜‰ if you need any tips give me a shout ๐Ÿ™‚ and sounds like you’re cleaning a castle or two.

Hi Frog , high five ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Frog
    on

well I guess you can’t blame dropping them on the super-duper new gadget – only OH!

Hi Gavin
    Lucky needs a husband that doesn’t drop the eggs on the floor!
    Have you had a good day with the dogs?

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

They were awesome! A kitchen gadget that won’t sit in the cupboard gathering dust! I’ve cleaned the kitchen today and it has it’s own spot now on the worktop as it will be getting used that regularly to warrant it. I got rid of the bread bin to make room for it ๐Ÿ™‚ The bread bin which never ever had bread in it; nuts, sweets, chocolate, biscuits, but never bread.

I have done some heavy duty cleaning today Gavin, and only did downstairs, upstairs tomorrow. Yay. Can you sense the excitement in my voice? I’m ready for bed now to be honest.

Did them myself today Frog and brought them through to him ๐Ÿ˜‰ Lesson learned.

• posted by Janeycoughdrop
    on

If it makes you feel better Lucky, I kept light bulbs in my bread bin. Until I threw it out. I keep bread in the microwave. Obviously.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Happy Bank Hol,gang!xx
    Just got back from west kirby beach..glorious weather but too hot for me!
    V good at lunchtime…lovely menu in caff we went to and fab cakes but i just had roast ham and salad
    My Beau had falafel and hummus wraps and the most crispy fat golden chips! And i didnt even pinch one!
    The waitress commented on my restraint! I was rewarded later coz my trousers felt very loose when we walked round afterwards ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜› xx

• posted by Avila
    on

Inspired by Gavin’s epic hike I set out with Dog to find a distant location via footpaths through the woods. But disappointed to get home on only 16k steps, thought it would be the 20k. But still about 7 miles with ups and downs, was impressed that not feeling so tired as expected at the end. Carrying a whole stone less might just have something to do with that ๐Ÿ™‚

This is day 1 of week 5 and 7kg down. Plus blood pressure in lower end of normal range whilst taking meds alt days – showing ready to reduce dose. (and that was with a week of wobbles and sugar/carb binge).

The Dog does make 5k steps a day part of basic life before anything else, Since getting my steps counted I have been committed to 10k, and now considering an ongoing aim of 15k a day.

Now just need to conquer my attraction to red wine…

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

Hi Frog – was a good day, fab weather and my dogs enjoyed it too. Not much I can do about teaching egg catching skills ๐Ÿ™‚ Hope your day was good too.

Lucky, I have to agree with you, the egg boiler has and is a permanent fixture too. Out of every kitchen appliance it gets used the most.

Yowser49, sounds like you had a great day out.

Avila, 16,000 steps is awesome, so don’t fret.

• posted by Imogen
    on

Soooo glad that I’m not the only one cleaning the house today Lucky…though did get out for an afternoon coffee at a nearby cafe, sat outside as cracking view of the Cumbrian hills -watched while my friend ate her way through a huge slab of millionaires shortbread –
    I drank water and felt smug๐Ÿ˜„

• posted by Frog
    on

everyone with all their housework is making me feel incredibly lazy – faffed around, did a bit of research this morning, but not much, had lunch, went to the cinema – so only about 8k steps. Nordic Walking lesson number 2 tomorrow.

Avila – depends on your stride length, mine is 80cm, but I calculated one thousand steps to be half a mile.
    If yours is a similar length, that would make your walk 8 miles rather than 7 (unless some of the steps weren’t related to the dog walk
    1000 x 0.8 – 0.8km = 0.497097 miles

Brilliant film – Amodovar’s Julietta – so good I want to go and see it again!

Well done on avoiding the shortbread Imogen – and Yowzer on the ham salad

• posted by Imogen
    on

Thanks Frog๐Ÿ˜Š Have fun with the Nordic walking tomorrow!!

• posted by Imogen
    on

Night Yowser, sleep well x

• posted by Antigone
    on

Are you OK Lucky?

• posted by Imogen
    on

Hi Lucky, are you busy cleaning the upstairs today??
    I would be but can’t get into my son’s room (which really needs a good clean), as he won’t get out of bed – so frustrating!!! Yes, he is 19 and should be taking care of that himself but since he is in the grip of a major depression he rarely leaves his room etc…he had to abandon university plans and is now at home full time once again…on top of the ASD seems so unfair!!

OK, self pity fest over…gonna put an exercise session on you tube and work it out๐Ÿ™Œ

Hope you OK?? You’re awfully …well…quiet…..๐ŸŒป

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi All.I have not had anytime to post this last few days, Preparations for a new bathroom are all consuming.I made the classic mistake yesterday by going to the supermarket feeling hungry and in a rush, Bought some of my all time favorite Italian pastry things, a bit like a palmier.They were to be kept on hand for visitors but I visited the pantry and now they are all gone.That’s life. I managed to do some walking ,which is good as I haven’t been very motivated to walk. We are having our coldest winter in 30 years and sometimes the wind is freezing so I settle for a walk around the local shopping mall.Also, realized that I do better when I’ve had a good sleep.weight is creeping down very very slowly .I looked back through my records and realized that most of the time I’m eating 900 calories on most days .So I will have to try harder not to snack,cashews, cheese seem to be the problem , so I go tsome hummus and vegie sticks for tonight. I hope everyone is well . cheers

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Hiiiiii all, just a quickie off the tablet, PC not gone on and won’t be going on until I’ve accomplished something ๐Ÿ˜‰

Morning Antigone, feeling better today thanks. I sat down after tea with a good (ish) book and relaxed as I was in so much pain and so muzzy headed from the codeine I could barely think straight ๐Ÿ˜† . Woke up pain free (ish…) so will capitalise on that. How’s the butt? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Ah Imogen I’m sorry to hear that, I can empathise there. There’s nothing I can say there, is there? I hope things become better for your son, and of course you. I am more worried about my son now as he’s nearly 21 as I was 10 years ago. At least I could step in and fight his battles for him back then. He hasn’t even told his uni lecturers he has asd. I told the administrator when she phoned up and she said it was a shame because he’d have had much more help and much more time etc with exams. But what can you do when they’re ‘adults’? He wanted a clean slate but as I said, his roommates and classmates needn’t have had to know. I doubt the lecturers would have announced it to the class.

Hey butterlover ๐Ÿ˜Š Will come to most of us at some point in the future if not already, try not to worry. It’s stressful having work like that done. I had bathroom kitchen and whole house rewired six years ago, with four children. Still brings me out in a cold sweat thinking about it. I am so glad I don’t like cheese.

• posted by Imogen
    on

Thanks Lucky๐ŸŒป

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thinking of you both ANTIGONE and LUCKY..very difficult when our adult children are troubled or unwell.
    I take yr point Lucky..when they are kids, we can guide them thru problems.put them to bed at seven pm and know no harm will come. They are safe in their cosy beds. So hard when they grow up coz they are still our babies and we still want to protect them,but they have to go out into the world,and all we can do is know we have taught them well enough that they can make their own way.
    not so straightforward when they have physical,mental or emotional health issues. My DD has been ill from age 21.. I hate to see her have to battle on a daily basis,both practically and physically,
    Hard for me too to watch her peers get their degrees,pass their driving tests,have their careers and their first babies ( second babies too some of them)
    I dont begrudge them, i am pleased for them, but i want all the same things for my DD. If she feels any jealousy she doesnt show it and continues to be a good friend as much as she can.
    Thinking of all the parents dealing with similar dilemmas. Its hard to watch our offspring struggle. Xx
    http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/yowzer2008/02d2edf001c94cb7488bf3cc154e52a7_zpswbhmbxvl.jpg

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ps sorry IMOGEN I meant to put yr name on the above post not ANTIGONE x left it too late to edit x

• posted by Imogen
    on

Thanks Yowser, kind words. ๐Ÿ˜

I was simply a little overwhelmed today…it can be hard to accept that future life may not be as hoped for my son – am trying to be supportive and encouraging for him – feel I am failing๐Ÿ˜ž
    Though he has faced a lot of challenges throughout his life with the ASD – the problems he is living through now seem so harsh. As you say; it is hard to watch him struggle.

In truth, I am also trying to adjust to what that means to my life (for the time being). I guess I had hoped to be able to reclaim some time for me at this stage…Is that very, very selfish?

I know it will be OK, he will find a way through, as will I.

Thanks for your support guys..๐ŸŒป

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Imogen,
    So sorry to hear about your son, my sympathies are with you, not got a 19 year old son at home, I have a 46 year old who has managed after over 10 years to sell her flat in Sheffield, pack her job in as a mental health advisor at a job centre, trying to get them help and into work.
    She is now re-training as a horticulturist at Birmingham botanic gardens, she starts her second course next Thursday. That’s if she can make it there! She is under the doctor for anxiety and depression, she is seeing a counsellor, we are hoping she will come round to the possibility of her having as asbergers or on the autism spectrum, we have all noticed her problems although she (of course)!doesn’t.
    It must be harder work for someone who never leaves their room, how do you ever get in there to clean, change beds, does he come down for meals?
    The thing you must do is look after yourself too, you can’t help your family if you are ill, so please do look after yourself too won’t you, you are so good at supporting people on this forum too, I’ve seen all your positive posts! So I just want to thank you from me to you for your support of me and my journey.
    Christine.

• posted by Imogen
    on

Hi Christine,

Thank you so much…we all support each other here…it is what makes the BSD ers so special๐ŸŒป

Glad your daughter is getting the extra support she needs at the moment. I think that her previous job must have been incredibly stressful (even if rewarding). Has she moved closer to you now?
    How great that she now has another possibility, working/training at the Botanics sounds fantastic. Hope she feels able to get to her course. Acceptance of ASD?… may take a while…

How went it at the GP?

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Imogen,
    She is living with us, she rarely leaves her room, has a house bunny, in her room! I find it really hard work, she never does anything to help, as she is the one who needs help and support!
    Have reported back on the weigh and thread post about the doctors, it’s good news! Thanks again for being there.
    Christine.

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi everyone
    Glorious day today – 2nd nordic walking lesson, then I spent a few hours on Hampstead Heath – ambling more than walking, as it was really hot even in the shady parts. I found an amazing part of the heath that I never knew existed – ‘The hill gardens and pergola’, the pergola is a really long raised walkway, so lovely and breezy – then I walked back to Hampstead Village, had lunch and came home.
    It sort of felt like being on holiday!

• posted by neohdiver
    on

“I would be but canโ€™t get into my sonโ€™s room (which really needs a good clean), as he wonโ€™t get out of bed โ€“ so frustrating!!! Yes, he is 19 and should be taking care of that himself but since he is in the grip of a major depression he rarely leaves his room etcโ€ฆhe had to abandon university plans and is now at home full time once againโ€ฆon top of the ASD seems so unfair!!”

Imogen,

There is hope – but it may take a while. My daughter was diagnosed in her freshman year of college with a condition that, at the time, carried a “sentence” of 10 years to death or transplant. As you might imagine, it was accompanied by major depreession that had the same effect as yours has on your son – on top of fatigue being part and parcel of the underlying condition – so it is hard to tell what is causing what.

Now – 7 years later – my daughter holds down a full time job (that requires the night-owl to leave the house before 6 AM several days a week), carries her own health insurance, just bought her first car with the loan in her name, and signed up for classes at the local university to finish her degree. (I think she’s biting off more than she can chew as to the quantity of classes – but I’ve never been able to curb her optimism at the start of a school year. And she’s got a track record of a year of work that she’s stuck through, even though it is darn inconvenient and she hates her immediate supervisor). It’s been a long hard 7 years – pain at watching my valedictorian daughter who spent her first part of college at an elite private school sitting around on her bum, apparently unable to do anything while she (and I) adjusted to her new reality, but I see light at the end of the tunnel.

One of the most challenging pieces is sorting out “incapable of doing something” from being a lazy young adult and taking advantage of soft-hearted parents. Certainly everyone from the outside sees the latter in my daughter. They think (and have told her – and us – she just needs to “buck up.” Given my daughter’s accomplishments with the disease but pre-diagnosis, and the struggles I saw her go through then that I recognize as part of her diseases, I’m more inclined to to see the former. Don’t let others’ perception of your son or your parenting abilty drive a wedge between you and your son when he needs you most.

• posted by Avila
    on

Imogen – Depression sucks – my experience is from the inside, but I know it can be a hell of a ride for family/carers as well. You need to consider your own wellbeing too – what support do you have to help you stay strong enough for your son?

A book that was powerful to me was ‘I had a black dog’ cartoons that captured feelings I had but could not explain to myself let alone others. It has been narrated on Youtube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiCrniLQGYc and the black dog is somewhere in every page… At times at my lowest I felt like leaving it open in the kitchen to which ever page felt most relevant that day… but was in shared student accommodation and the others already thought I was mad.

The same author did a follow up with his wife about Living with a black dog – for partners/family etc that is available here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VRRx7Mtep8 both are available in the original bookform.

The most important thing I can offer is to remember your son’s experience of depression, and your experience of supporting him is all unique. Other’s advice may have useful bits, but it could have rubbish too, take what is useful but be ready to shake off the pat answers that are not helpful, and it is you and your son that get to decide which is which.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Imogen,
    Just a (late) post script to my post,
    She does get out into our garden (she has taken it over literally) and she is supposed to clean her own room, ( can’t remember when it was last done or her bed changed!) we do the cooking and her washing and that’s all.
    I get very irritated with her (habits) will only use certain bits of cutlery, plates and now she has decided she wants her ice cream, trifle etc in soup bowls! I really do despair! they take up so much room in the dishwasher, before she moved in we put the washer on every three days, now it’s lucky if it lasts two!
    Oh well rant over, I hope you are feeling better, good luck.
    Christine.

• posted by Avila
    on

Egg gadgets – Gavin and Lucky would you swap your egg cooking gadgets for this that popped up on my facebook ‘suggested posts’ – http://www.egg-master.com/

I like my eggs to still look like eggs, or scrambled eggs or an omlette – not a strange egg kebab which seems to be the only thing this produces – for a big gadget cost!

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Avila,
    How are you feeling now? I hope you are feeling better and looking after yourself?
    I have fought depression for most of my adult life, only now do I feel I’m nearly ok! I say nearly because I know the least thing can send me near the edge,
    I identify with what you are saying, everyone’s experience is different, I remember years ago when I had had a nervous breakdown, a friend called in and told me I wasn’t as bad as so and so, and I thought, how does she know? when you are ‘going’ through it, it is the worst it can ever be!
    Christine.

• posted by Frog
    on

Avila – so hard to decide which picture looks the least appetising! – and they were the best ones that they thought would sell it ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Avila
    on

Frog – my thoughts exactly re egg ‘master’ !!

Christi – My depression has been life long too but at times worse. Such as my complete breakdown 8 years ago (strange to think of it being so many years now). I have more understanding of myself and my illness after 9 months of psychodynamic therapy during that time, and then more recently recognising elements on the border of bipolar type 2 – and finally having psychiatrist recognise my life patterns (after previous ones dismissing anything before the point of the appointment). I have bursts of intense enthusiasm, in a driven rather than enjoying it way, but the lows are deeper and longer than the highs are up.

I came across a grid that showed how there are those with a mental health diagnosis but well managed and so on the positive side of the axis. Whereas others with no formal diagnosis can be more unwell at a particular time. (the grid was a challenge to the stigma of ‘diagnosis’ recognising that a managed condition can be in a relatively good place )

As for others trying to compare one with another – depressed people can (until really really collapsed) do a pretty good job of wearing the mask that covers up how awful we may really be feeling (such is the stigma of being depressed, still). So onlookers rarely get to know how it truly is.

• posted by Frog
    on

Did you enjoy Julietta Yowzer?

What is it with Oppo – third supermarket I’ve been to to specifically get it, shop has oppo, but only the dreaded mint chocolate!
    Do they only buy in one flavour, or does everyone else feel the same way I do about mint and chocolate?

Intent on buying Ice Cream at this stage, I tried two others that they did have – Frill intense Chocolate – amazing, just one more carb per 100g – and Almond Dream, which was good, but I found a bit too sweet – and while it has fewer carbs than regular ice cream, it does have 14 carbs per 100g.
    Two teaspoons of each to compare and contrast! now squidged into the freezer.

Typical values Per 100ml
    Frill โ€“ Intense chocolate
    Energy 70kcal
    Fat 1.8g
    Carbohydrate 8.5g
    Oppo Salted Caramel
    Calories 77
    Fat 3.9
    Carbs 7.4
    Almond Dream Salted Caramel
    Calories 101
    Fat 4.4
    Carbs 14.2

I got both of them in Waitrose – frill is described as a frozen smoothie – on special offer at ยฃ3.32, there was also a berry flavour – and “Green” that I would love to try – avocado, basil, spinach.
    Almond dream in also on special offer at ยฃ3.32 – other flavours include vanilla, praline crunch – and the dreaded mint and chocolate

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Avila,
    I learned a long time ago to put my ‘mask’ on as I walked out of the door, my poor children were the ones that suffered though, ( I have five children) the first three all girls were born very close together and were great friends together, my trouble started after we moved from Lancashire to the midlands while I was expecting our fourth child, after eight years! After he was born life became difficult for a number of reasons, too many to list here, after about 12 or 18 months I had my breakdown, that was when it all started, then when our youngest was born, they kept an eye on me, however the trouble really started when I was pregnant when no one was keeping an eye on me!
    It’s only now that I and my husband have retired that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, I see the triggers and can do something about it, all my friends know about my problem and those that matter support me, those that don’t, I accept don’t understand?
    I hope you will see the light at the end of the tunnel soon, you will be in my prayers.
    Christine.

• posted by Janeycoughdrop
    on

Ooh Frog, now I fancy ice cream! Where did you find the alternative ones? I saw a couple of different brands in Waitrose but they were much higher GI than the amazing Oppo…

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

Good night everyone.

And Avila – No to that egg thing ๐Ÿ™‚ The only gadget with street cred is the egg boiler !

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Night GAV and BSDers everywhere! X

• posted by Frog
    on

Janey – all in Waitrose
    I wasn’t looking, but don’t think I saw the green one – looks intriguing!

Gavin – not quite a gadget, but my silicone egg poachers are brill

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Imogen, you are not being selfish, I feel exactly the same way, and my feeling this way has hit a decade before you! And you have not failed, you’ve done the best you can with the circumstances you find yourself in. That’s all you can do, that’s all any of us can do. I ripped up the rule book with the first diagnosis and have just winged it since. All I ask is that they do the level best they can do. If they’re not, then I do put my foot down. Baby steps, start small. Start silly. Start ‘wouldn’t mean anything to anyone else but I’ve always wanted to/fancied’. Things have a funny way of snowballing once you start. If you ever want to email me you can find my address via my blog profile. Hugs.

I’m sorry for those of you who are struggling with depression or have someone close who is, it’s not something I feel qualified to speak on, so I can’t add to your discussion there. Sometimes it’s best to say nothing if you can’t. Especially with my tendency to come out with something stupid on (most) occasion.

Oh your walk sounded lovely Frog! Isn’t it nice when you find a little hidden treasure that you weren’t expecting – and almost on your back door too. This is why I have no desire (yet) to travel abroad, there’s so much of my own country I haven’t yet seen, let along England, and I’ve never been to Scotland or Ireland yet!
    Ice cream – I cannot for the life of me find the Vanilla Oppo, Frog. My Co-op stocks the Mint and Salted Caramel. All the H&B I have been in have stocked the Caramel. Now, I am not a mint ice cream lover. I ate too much of it in my younger days. Husband and children love it. So, he bought a tub of it, and was still eating my SC! So I thought ‘Right Mister!’ and took a scoop of his. And it’s actually rather nice as mint ice cream goes. The chocolate streaks through it as opposed to choc chips, I am not a lover of frozen choc chips. Chocolate should melt in the mouth, not break teeth. So it depends on whether you hate mint ice cream, or would just rather eat other flavours. Unfortunately it’s an expensive do to buy as it is if you enjoy it, so if you’re not going to like it, is it worth the risk? Probably not.
    The Frill sounds promising though?

Avila – no, absolutely not. I looked at the pictures and one of them, the one in like a baguette with leaves and tomatoes? It looked like… polystyrene? Like a pale yellow pool noodle? I wouldn’t eat that, no way, no how. At least the egg gadget keeps your eggs… well… egg like! They probably taste nice, but a lot of it for me where food is concerned is how it looks. So no. I’d pass on that gadget!

Like Autumn here today, it was still dark when I woke up before 6. Only just lightening up now. Raining. I put the ‘flames’ on on my fire and read some of my book with a coffee ๐Ÿ™‚ Felt cosy. Glad I’ve been so accomplished this week because I have a feeling my in laws will revise their plans due to the weather and descend on me today. Mark my words.

Had some success in the kitchen yesterday – finally made my spelt pizza base, which was unbelieveable light and airy for a doughy base. There was a slight disaster with the recipe and the dreaded ‘cups’ which now means that I have a freezer full of pizza base… and I and my kitchen were covered in dough… but it will all go, as the children love homemade pizza. At one point I could have cried, my husband walked in the kitchen, burst out laughing and then stopped and backed out as I glared at him. Ate three smallish slices, so finally my pizza craving has been sated. And I also made the Nigella Olive Oil cake as we’re due visitors. It’s lovely. Definitely one for when you’ve got friends over for a meal, and you want a ‘legal’ pudding. I subbed coconut sugar for caster. I would make muffins with it next time, for sure. Very rich and decadent.

Have a great day all, whatever you’re doing. My day is starting with a dental appointment for my son. It can only get better from that, right? ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by Antigone
    on

Morning All.
    I’ve been bad.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Antigone – welcome to the club of all of us who have fallen off the wagon. Been bad? Don’t think so. Been human? Quite possibly.
    Learned that stuff can get in the way of best intentions? Oh yes. Useful lesson? Absolutely no doubt.

Climb back on the wagon, look the back board is down, you can get back on now…..

๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Morning Antigone. Listen to Igor. I can add nothing more to that, not that would help or make matters any better anyway! ๐Ÿ™‚ I had cake AND pizza last night so… *whistles innocently*

Morning Igor ๐Ÿ™‚

Tonight’s tea will be… lamb and chickpea burger with salad and a little beany quinoa stuff I got from Iceland which is lovely. Penance for last night’s tea ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by Antigone
    on

Thank you Igorasusual ๐Ÿ™‚ You are a star *

I wasn’t soo bad and I logged it all!
    Scales have got stuck in this hot weather!
    On a positive note – I now fit comfortably into a pair of jeans from the ‘nearly’ drawer. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

I wasn’t soo bad (*compared to Lucky after seeing what she ate???? ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

See, Jeans of the Future! Doesn’t always show on the scales, but shows in the inches! Well done! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Morning all! ๐Ÿ™‚

Last night I had half of a little pot of Gu chocolate mini ganache, together with a mixture of strawberries, apricots and peaches, and thick double cream. In fact, I ate the chocolate ganache so slowly, I was able to top it up with cream a couple of times……

And this was the second evening I’d had this combo, as my daughter and her boyfriend are staying with us and we were in ‘guest’ mode. However, all logged and planned for, and although the carb content was a little more than I normally allow, it was so delicious and I enjoyed it so much that I am celebrating eating it, not saying it was bad.

Once in a while, and totally enjoyed – definitely fine.
    All the time, and hoovered up – not what I’m aiming for.

Have a great day everyone ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Igor…. I know what it is like to have people staying, just got rid of visitors had for last 3 weeks. Sometime we have to be naughty to be sociable. I bet there was a time when you would have eaten the full pot but you only ate half. Here’s the telling off, don’t do it again, at least for a few months.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

thank you, sunshine-girl.

I’m on maintenance now, and still just bumbling round trying to get a handle on it – checking on MFP what the carb content of things are, and checking up on calories (because though you get used to various combos, it’s interesting to see nutrients).

I need to eat about 1500 calories per day for maintenance, which is in fact quite a lot if you don’t eat refined carbs.
    But I feel so great on restricted carbs, I’m keeping those relatively low…..therefore a bit of fat from the cream of my lovely treaty desserts was quite ok. And still eating when hungry, which means that this morning though I’ve had three cups of coffee (standard for me) I’ve not had breakfast yet, so it’ll be lunch when I get to it.

I think my major lessons from the BSD are

– watch those refined carbs, they may be doing unexpected things to you and not just weight gain
    – eat mindfully, and really enjoy food as it’s lovely (sometimes surprisingly so)
    – try lots of different food and experiment in cooking as your tastebuds recover from the carb fog
    – and enjoy the results of the weight loss!

To everyone just starting, please don’t worry too much – it’s only 8 weeks, and will shrink up to nothing behind you.
    Let your body do the changing at its own pace. You can’t hurry it up, you will be different from other people.
    Watch the measurements as well as everything else.

To all the old-timers, keep on losing!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.