What's your next mini goal?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Norfolkgal
    on

Well done KrysiaD. I have been stuck on 10st 3lbs for about 5 days now, but have not been keeping very strictly to 800 cals or less than 50g carbs due to my daughter visiting from Australia. She is happy to eat low carb, mostly, but we have had the odd glass of wine and meal out. We did find a very nice low carb dessert from Lidl of all places yesterday – it was lemon and raspberry with mascapone cheese and cream, so I had a piece of that last night. Anyway she is off visiting friends this weekend so I am aiming to be strict for a few days and hopefully I can lose a pound or two, my mini goal is to be under 10 stone. Not been there for many years!

This is the start of week 6 for me, I started at 11st 2lbs, but losses after week 1 have only been 1 or 2 lbs per week. I am happy with that since I probably don’t need to go any further than about 9st 7lb.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Hi Norfolkgal
    I have been a slow loser – 1 stone took me 4 months to lose, but I wasn’t weighing food or even being that careful in counting carbs and calories. On 3rd September I became very strict and lost about 6lbs in the first week and I think that will happen to you also and you will be under 10 stone very quickly.
    Since 3rd September I have lost 1 stone 4lbs but this week I had a virus and was a couch potato which I think affected the weight loss.

You have actually done really well – especially as you have had your daughter visiting from Australia.

I am so enjoying being under 10 stone. I never believed I would get there when I first started.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi Krysia, The Smart BMI was a measure on a website I found while looking for different definitions of obesity so that i could have each one i could find as a mini-goal, (I like to celebrate on this journey i am on so i track a lot of different things) where someone had looked at why the BMI we all know about was so wrong for some people, did some sort of statistical wizardry to work out a new way of looking at ideal weight that actually took into account our age and gender, and works for all ages including youngsters where the traditional BMI just says don’t use it.

They have a comparison on their website of the BMI versus their algorithm in a visual form against age, which was very persuasive that this was a better way of looking at weight particularly when older. Although I am now (JUST) in their healthy weight bracket, I am still continuing the diet as I still want to reach my ultimate target of getting back to the weight I was when I married, and back into my wedding dress, for my 25th wedding anniversary next year. I still have almost a stone and a half to go for that, and after that will start considering what weight I wish to actually stabilise at. It may be a little lighter, or heavier than that. You are right, it will be fun finding out what that ideal weight is ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi Norfolkgal, that dessert does sound rather nice, it sounds quite similar to a gelato recipe card I picked up in Waitrose earlier this year that used lemon curd (I plan on making my own to keep the sugar down) mascarpone and cream with layers of raspberries swirled in. I think that might be my birthday treat next year.

• posted by shalimar
    on

I am going to post a 1 day mini-goal for myself.
    I am going to keep under 800 calories and 50 carbs today, for a change. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Norfolkgal
    on

Thanks Krysia. I am rather pleased with myself, that I am only 1 pound short of 1 stone lost in less than 6 weeks. In the past I have struggled to lose more than a few pounds and have found it has quickly gone back on – that is not going to happen this time! I can see that this will be a way of life, not a diet.

• posted by Cecily
    on

I’ve been stuck this week.
    Next week will be better.

• posted by Norfolkgal
    on

Ok, not quite as strict as I had intended – had to finish off the dessert! About 950 calls and 45 carbs for the day. We are off out later but I will stick to soda water, I’m driving anyway.

• posted by Natalie
    on

I just did all my maths and I’ll need to lose 30% of my starting weight of 83.8kg to get down to the top of normal BMI! I’m only 154cm – just over 5ft. Definitely need to break this down into mini goals! I’m only at the end of week one and 2kg down so a long way to go. First goal is 5% which will get me under 80kg. Second goal is important to me and I would like to achieve it by Christmas: 10% which is 8.4kg from starting weight. I think I have time to achieve that (and if not by Christmas, I’ll still get there). The reason it’s important is that it will get me under 76kg and I remember very clearly that 76 is where I really started to hate my body. Before that I was overweight but curvy, with a waist. After that I was an apple with a big stomach instead. I hate not having a nice shape much more than I hate the actual size. I’m getting rid of this hanging “apron”! I’m not even thinking about more work needed after that, yet.

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Hi Natalie

It sounds like you have a plan, a clear goal and motivation, which is a great starting position. Like you I am aiming to lose 30% of my starting weight, but starting from nearly 150kg. I’m 10 weeks in today and have lost just over 13%, despite a couple of ‘lapses ‘ on holiday, so the journey is underway. Over the last week my weight has fluctuated around the same level but I’ve lost an inch and a half off my waist so I’m guessing it’s just my body adjusting to the new reality.

Keeping my eye on the long-term prize is helping me, the short term goals are just milestones on the road.

• posted by Bentley
    on

Reading all of this thread is really inspirational, people are so positive. My next mini goal is to get down to 68 kilos in 2 weeks and to plan all my meals for next week, I feel positive and diet going well even though am in early stages, only less than a week! But have planned all the meals for next week, so that way there will be no temptation and straying!

• posted by hectorshousemate
    on

I am a week in too I think planning is the key I had a busy day yesterday and nearly gave in to a supermarket snack as had not allowed enough time to eat, will carry something with me next time and the water really helps.Good luck

• posted by Cecily
    on

Day 21.
    I’m starving. I’m so sick of all the exceptionally healthy things I’ve been eating, especially soup, and I’m about ready to stab my family members who all have crisps, biscuits, 2 homemade cakes and other nice things.
    I’m in a FOUL mood.
    I want cheese. Mountains of cheese. And wine and crisps and carbohydrates
    Not a good day

• posted by Natalie
    on

Cecily you can have a little bit of cheese. But I know that isn’t enough when you want to eat and eat. Just keep hanging on if you can. You’ll be glad later.

• posted by Avila
    on

I started at 99kg and my next mini goal is 86kg (13+1/2 st ) this morning I weighed in at 86.5kg – yeah!!

13 and half stone is what I was 8 years ago when took the photo that has been my ‘aim encouragement’ – so after that goal I am in brand new territory !

I lost 2 st and since then been more relaxed, living on the principles but not counting the 800, so next stages have obviously been slower, but still creeping away. Ultimate aim is 79kg as that is the BMI = 25 line for me. Though read lots of things lately about the flaws in the BMI as a measure.

• posted by Timmy
    on

My next mini goal is also my final goal. I’m currently around 13st 10lbs and want to get to 13st flat. I’ve got 44 days to achieve this, but would like to get there way before that (which should be doable on this way of eating). Not that I care about BMI, but this will put me right in the middle at 22. I started this at 15st 10, with a BMI of 26.7, so I’m very pleased with the progress.

Just need to shift that last bit so the last of my moobs dissappear and I have a flat stomach.

I’ve got into “comfortable” mode, so I need to give myself a kick up the jacksy to get going again.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Perhaps a strict 5:2 would do it Timmy. I have 3lb to lose but having been messing around for a few weeks and staying static. I need to be strict!

• posted by Norfolkgal
    on

Drum roll……..2lbs down this morning, so now a total loss of 1st 1lb, I am very pleased. Next mini goal is to be under 10st, only need to lose another lb. I calculate my BMI to be 22 which is a bit above the mid point of healthy so I would like to get to about 9st 7lb eventually. I have not been counting calories very strictly this week, but have kept to around 50g carbs or less. (Did have a rather tasty Thai green curry last night with a small spoonful of brown rice and a couple of poppadoms, naughty but nice)!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Woohooo NORFOLK GIRL well done and just a pound off another stone down? Thats fab! Ithis WOE works doesnt it! X

• posted by Avila
    on

Hi, just reporting that I made it to the 13 and half stone – weighed in after parkrun at 85.7kg :-):-)

Next mini goal is 84kg which will be 15% bodyweight lost (and when I can say I have lost the same weight as the big sacks of dog food I bulk buy).

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

In the 11 somethings finally after a near week long plateau. 2 pounds only to go now to 7 stone off. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by Verano
    on

Well done!!!!
    Really great result.

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Just coming to the end of week 11 and hit a triple whammy of mini-goals

* 19st13lb – weight starts with a “1” for the first time since 1421 – huzzah!
    * Lost 50lb – half way to target weight – just another 50 to go, gulp.
    * Lost 15%+ of starting body weight

My target weight (16st7lb) will give me a BMI of about 29. I’ve spoken to my doctor and DN and they see this as OK as I have a large frame with a wrist measurement of over 9″.

Other non scale achievements – I seem to have stopped snoring so Mme Maigret is happy.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Great results, well done!

Mr Mix has also started snoring less, after just over a stone and a half lost. He isn’t on the full diet, but has started eating less, though not drinking less yet.

My weight currently starts with 11 for the first time in about 24 years ๐Ÿ˜€ I hope to join the 100 lb club before Christmas, but need to check how much more I have to go exactly.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Well done JulesMaigret – what a tremendous achievement and Mixnmatch good luck with your continued weight loss on the way to joining the 100lb club.

I have also stopped snoring which husband is very happy about. I always thought it was a sinus problem but it must have been my weight all along.

• posted by Tabletalk
    on

Shalimar I was so happy to see your goal of just being on the diet today. I’m joining you. That’s my mini goal for the rest of this week. One day totally on plan today, and hopefully followed by a faithful week after that. Have had some success in getting the kids out with me all together for exercise yesterday and that seems to be key in me keeping my head in the game.

How are you doing?

• posted by shalimar
    on

Have my meals planned. Eggs with Ham and green onion. Big pot of soup.

Hope shoulder and headache is gone and i can get some chores/exercise in today!! Both feel better right this minute … hope it lasts and gets better.

wishing everyone else a great BSD day!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Wahey, that made me feel better, I can even ignore this cold now. Seven stone loss this morning, 7 stone, I can hardly believe it. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€ Honestly, I can barely remember now exactly what it was like to be carrying another 7 stone around. I think but will have to check later on the spreadsheet that that is my weight now under 75Kg as well. Next goal is a real biggie as well. 2 pounds until I reach 100 pounds loss since Feb 2015. Next week maybe ??

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Congratulations Mixmatch, fantastic achievement, well done! xx

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

Hey mixnmatch

Many congratulations it is seriously impressive to lose that amount. I’ve got a lot to lose too so watch your progress and am inspired! My next goal is the 5stone mark 6pounds to go have had a bit of a constipation plateau but was introduced to the wonder of chia seeds! Has your weight loss been steady over the last few stone? Has the pace slowed down? I find that since I’ve been following the diet since the end of May I’m in the zone with it and don’t struggle too much just would like to wave a wand and get past the obese level and into overweight!

Well done you I am so impressed๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi Angiebabe, I have everything tracked on a spreadsheet at work, so will try to rough out a time line. It has certainly been faster since I discovered this WOE as this loss makes the most in one month I have ever lost on any diet since I started tracking them. This is just over a stone so far in October, and the month isn’t even finished yet! Chia seeds are wonderful, aren’t they? Yesterday was a double dose with my plum and chia ‘jam’ stirred into my porridge and my homemade protein shake later with badminton.

• posted by Peapod
    on

My first mini goal is to lose 4 lbs this week to get me into the next stone, this is only my second day on the plan. Is 4 lbs off in 1 week achievable ?
    In the long term I hope to wear my wedding ring again and like Sunshine-girl to start wearing clothes instead of putting them away feeling that I don’t deserve them.
    Feeling inspired by reading all your postings on the forum and hope that I will soon be joining you all in posting positive results.

• posted by Happyhols
    on

Good morning Krysia….I was interested to read your post..I have the exact same starting weight and want to be also below 10 stone….I am on day 10 and only lost 2lb…a bit dissappointing for me…I am very watchful of the calories and perhaps more than 50gms of carbs,but I was told it was low calorie not especially low carbs…..I am not diabetic so carbs arnt the important part at the mo….Could you advise me of some of you menu and tips that might help me lose a bit quicker……how long has it taken for your weight todrop…

• posted by Timmy
    on

Hi Happyhols. This definitely IS a low carb diet, especially when it comes to refined/easily digestible carbs. I’m not diabetic either, and I’m not doing the 800, but I have found the restricting the carbs to below 50g per day is the answer.

My suggestions would be really focus on the carbs. Make sure you’re having enough protein and fat, and make sure you’re drinking loads

• posted by Sumo
    on

Timmy

I agree, that is primarily what I am doing, keeping my Cals way less than previously and keeping a close eye on the carbs, it seems to be working I did start on 800/50 but probably not far of that on a daily basis probably closer to 1000/70 I am not diabetic either.

Next gaol anther stone off by Christmas, mini gaol, every 1/4 stone

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Having been away for 2 weeks touring England and Scotland and eating ‘OUT’ on 17 occasions plus eating at other people’s houses for another 12 meals I have gained 5 lbs. So my first mini goal is to get to a more mini me and lose the 5lbs, hoping to do it in 2 weeks as I have already lost 2lbs since Tuesday. I will just have to be super good over the weekend.

‘OUT’ meaning restaurants, cafes and motorway services.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Hi Mixnmatch and huge congratulations on your weight loss. Could you please tell me how much Chia seeds you count as a portion and are they low in calories and carbs?
    Many thanks B

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Busybee
    The chia seeds I am using are from the Chia co.
    It says the serving size is 15g, Carbs 0.7g (these are net carbs I am in the UK). Fibre a massive 5.6g. Calories 67 – so a little high.

I have been having two servings a day and I do feel better for having that much fibre

• posted by Avila
    on

my next mini goal is to return to my last mini goal after a blow out at start of week (the Christmas gingerbreads had arrived in Lidl!).

The challenge is that eating out tonight – a local fundraising dinner that I have been involved in organising, a taste of Ethopian cuisine via a refugee support group. Also stressed about the practical things. I have fasted all day so hope that helps – a lentil starter and chicken main course.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Thank you Krysia, I will give it a try.
    X B

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Hi Happyhols
    I started on 1st May 2016 at 12stone 3 3/4lbs. I stopped eating all starchy carbs and sugar on that day. My weight loss though was very slow. By 3rd September I was a stone down at 11stone 3 1/2lbs.

I was guessing – not weighing food and was vastly underestimating what I was eating – especially the carbs. When I started weighing and getting more accurate figures I dropped down to 10 stone 3 3/4lbs by 3rd October – so I lost a stone in just one month.

You might find that actually the carbs are as important as the calories. Many people find that they lose weight fast on 800 calories and 50g of carbs but they don’t if the carbs go over 50g.

There are some people who have to drop carbs lower – and I am one of them. I would definitely start off at 50g and only go lower if you stop losing weight. I had to drop to 30g, but that is actually quite low and it is very difficult to eat even berries at that low a level.

I followed all the guidelines in the book to the letter – but didn’t follow the menu plan (although we are using some of the recipes in the new recipe book).

I ate BSD friendly foods and husband just added potatoes to his food – but not every day. A lot of the time he would have what | was eating. He loves spiralised courgette and he has stir fried cabbage, courgette or stir fried mixed veg instead of pasta, rice or potatoes a lot of the time.

So I eat eggs for breakfast (often with avocado), kippers, smoked mackeral – again with avocado. I also have kefir or yoghurt at breakfast.

We have chicken, lamb, pork, beef, rainbow trout, see bass and salmon with non starchy veg prepared in a variety of ways for dinner. I especially like my veg stir fried in a wok or chicken in a curry sauce on a bed of stir fried white cabbage..

I have tinned salmon and a little bit of cream cheese with a salad for lunch, or smoked mackeral, hummus or longleys farm full fat cottage cheese with the salad. I have kefir also with my lunch.

My treat is a square (or two of 85 or 90% dark chocolate. I also have a tablespoon of double cream a day and have a teaspoon at a time in coffee.

Not surprisingly weight loss has really slowed down in October and am down to 9stone 11 3/4lbs which is very close to my ideal weight.

I do hope this is helpful.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Krysia

I’m interested in your stir fried cabbage. Do you use a white cabbage? Do you slice it by hand?

Would really like to make that. Last night we had stir fried vegetables with a little chicken. Even my OH is learning to live without rice or noodles!!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Hi Verano
    yes – I do like white cabbage, the sort of pointy white cabbages. Sometimes they are called sweetheart cabbages but I did buy them from somewhere that called them pointy cabbages.

I hack off bits with a knife. Husband is better cutting it neatly with a knife.
    Tonight I have stir fried some cabbage, mushrooms and spinach and dug out some chicken left over from a roast chicken that has been in the freezer quite a long time. Stir fried it all with a little coconut oil some salt and a dash of soy sauce. Husband is having a chicken pie (as a special non BSD treat from our local butcher) but I know I will enjoy mine much more.

• posted by Verano
    on

LOL!!! Amazing how we convince ourselves !!

I’m going to try the stir fry with cabbage. I’m boring and just use peppers, shallot, ginger(plenty) , garlic, bean sprouts , mange tout of similar. Plus any bits left in the fridge like the odd mushroom of whatever. Do you us carrot as well? Gave you ever tried to spiral use a carrot??

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

I have probably brainwashed myself into thinking that I prefer my stir fry to the butcher’s finest chicken pie – but actually it didn’t look that appetising. He also made chips in the actifry and is now searching for some biscuits that he thinks we still have at the back of one of our cupboards. That is scary. I have had a tiny fraction of the carbs he has had. I feel full but not bloated and not hungry or craving carbs at all. I feel it is safer for me to keep my carb monster safety locked away – maybe for ever.

I do use carrots also but haven’t tried spiralising them though. I also use anything I find in the fridge and all the things you use in your stir fry. Tonight I was going to have tinned salmon and a salad until I found that the bag of salad was actually spinach as we had already eaten the salad. I do love spinach in a stir fry so it was a quick search on the freezer for some chicken to put in it.

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

Mixnmatch and Krysia, both inspiring me, as you all do. Avila, relax and enjoy the dinner – have you ever seen a fat Ethiopian? (::

Thanks to all for the good ideas. I had to eat carby things away last weekend, or starve, so I just ate enough. Did not really enjoy it, except for the black rice sushi. (Sausage rolls, mini quiches, cake – things I have not eaten for months.

We call those pointy ones sugarloaf cabbages and they are delicious. I stir/pan fry in a tiny bit of bacon and a little butter – less now. A squeeze of fresh orange is also lovely if the carbs are OK. And lots of pepper ground on to it. I just slice mine with a knife, but clever folk would probably use a fancy slicer.

My mini goal is still eluding me 70kg. Must try harder

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi Angiebabe, I have done the table, and will publish the dates on my diary thread on the Fast 800 forum, but essentially my weight loss is speeding up at the moment ๐Ÿ˜ I started off relatively unfocused compared to my current diet, on basic 5:2 in February last year, and it took me six months to lose my first two stone. After that my focus went completely, although I carried on losing slowly at first I stopped tracking my weight and at some point started gaining weight again and by this January was back to two stone down from my original weight. I rebooted with a new diet (or pair of diets, using a combination of Sirt diet principles and 17 day diet structure.) It was when the 17 day diet reached the ‘now start reintroducing the carbs’ stage and the weight loss stalled again, that I went back to 5:2. My colleague then lent me a copy of the BSD book in April, I started cutting out the white stuff, switched to 4:3 with 800 calorie fast days, and 1600 calorie off days, for September I switched to 2:5 with only the weekends on 1600 calories and a much greater focus on the net carbs, then had a quite painless transition to Fast 800 on 3rd October. Almost all of my recent successes are on this almost miracle WOE. This last stone has taken less than a month to get rid of, but the one before was only just over a month, despite not being on the Fast 800 diet fully.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Ruthdownunder – I hadn’t thought of adding bacon – will try it later today as it sounds delicious. Good luck on reaching your mini goal.

Mixnmatch – well done on your weight loss. You are right that this is almost a miracle WOE.

• posted by Verano
    on

Thanks for the cabbage ideas. I usually steam mine but yours sounds much nicer! Will give it a go.

• posted by Peapod
    on

Delighted to find after 2 days I have reached my first mini goal of losing 4 lbs to get into the next stone. On the downside I have woken up with the most dreadful headache and felt drowsy. Has anyone else experienced this ?

Please log in or register to post a reply.