What's your next mini goal?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sumo
    on

Peapod

Yes first few days too few weeks, part is sugar withdrawal, and may be part Fluids and salt.
    Make sure you drink lots and may be adding a bit more salt, not a doc but worked for me.
    Remember part of an hangover (headache) is lack of fluids

• posted by Cleverblonde73
    on

Peapod I experienced this too, its down to the reduction in carbs and sugar in your diet. It gets better quickly so don’t worry. I followed most peoples advice on these forums and made sure I drank lots of water. Others suggest upping salt intake a little, although as i don’t like adding salt anyway I havent tried this.
    Well done on losing 4lbs I have lost 4 1/2 lbs at the end of my first week.

• posted by Peapod
    on

Thanks Sumo and Cleverblonde. Will take your advice about salt and water and see how things go .

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

More than half way to my mini goal, was to lose 5 lbs in 2 weeks, I have lost 3.5 in one week so well on track. After that I want to look at my percentage total loss and maybe getting my BMI out of obese range as I am 32.6. Keeping on…..

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

My latest mini-goal of the 100 pounds loss (and 45 kg loss) finally achieved this morning. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€ it took it’s time, as I was only 0.6 pounds away on Monday. I will indulge in a small glass of wine tonight to celebrate, then back to being strict.

• posted by Peapod
    on

Wow Mixnmatch, that is fantastic. You must be thrilled. Enjoy the wine, you deserve it !

(It is posts like this which inspire me, I have a long way to go but it’s great to see what others have done )

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I see no one has posted here for a while so I will give it a kick start. Today I got rid of my 5lbs gained on holiday so well back on track. I have reached a mini goal of losing 10% of my body weight. I am only 1.5 lbs to throwing away those pesky knickers (the ones I keep threatening to throw away because they are big and dingey but too mean to). So that is still my next mini goal.

I dare only dream, but I want my BMI to be 30 or under, to take me out of the ‘obese’ range, I am currently 32.2 so that is still quite a few pounds to go. I will just have to keep on keeping on….

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Sunshine-girl – brilliant you are back on track. Great that you have reached your 10% weight loss mini goal. Just a thought – is it at 10% or 15% of body weight lost that the pancreas starts working properly? I can’t remember where I read that in MMs book.

Re: your pesky knickers. I have 4 pairs of pesky work trousers. They are too big and baggy and are also past their best. I just remembered today that they shrink a bit if I tumble dry them – so that’s what I did today as I am hoping I can keep them going until the January sales when I will replace them.

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Sunshine Girl – that prompted me to check my BMI – now 31.7, needs to be under 29 for me to be “overweight”
    That’s 79 kilos another 5 to go. By Christmas, Definitely!
    It was 41.6 at my heaviest, 3 years ago and 38.5 when I started BSD

I have a drawerful (or two) of knickers that are definitely too big, but not thrown away yet.
    Having bought smaller bras last week (36 – used to be 42!!), I discovered one (v nice, good brand) in the drawer that now fits perfectly – allegedly a size 40, but measures exactly the same as the 36 ones, no wonder it was too tight before.
    I don’t really care about the label, it fits beautifully – but I must go though all the drawers so that I don’t slim through other gems and bypass them!

• posted by Frog
    on

Krysia
    I bought some trousers very cheaply in the summer when BHS was closing – a ‘transitional’ size 14 – wore them yesterday for the first time!
    Narrow legs, and they don’t catch and ride up on my calves
    A bit nylony/polyestery, but they’ll do until I’m in a size 12!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Frog – I think I will have to look for some cheap interim trousers. They will look a lot better than slightly faded baggy trousers.

• posted by Sumo
    on

I have good work trouser which are getting looser, I am relying on a good leather belt to hold them up for a while longer, I am sure if I have a rake through I can find some smaller ones, but that is standard for menโ€™s trousers to have belt holes not always the case on ladies.
    In fact I have brought a smaller belt, which a few weeks ago my wife said there is no need to get that belt it is too small, I am now down to the 4th hole out of 5 before I have to get the drill out and make some more? Happy days
    My BMI has gone down from 52 to 46 a fare way to go but heading in the right direction. It would appear that every ยฝ stone is on BMI point, thatโ€™s a bit scary anther 8 stone to be in the normal band?

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Sumo
    well done on getting down to 46 – that’s great movement in the right direction
    is that just with BSD, or were you losing before you found this?

Most charts seem to use increments of 5lb rather than 7lb
    30 is actually the marker for being overweight, rather than obese
    Over 30 is obese, 25 to 29.9 is overweight, with 18.5 to 24.9 “normal”
    Sorry if that’s disappointing – but lots of us here have not being obese in BMI terms as a goal, or get excited when we get to the giddy heights of being merely “overweight”
    Keep going, you will get there!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Great to see the mini-goals everyone is aiming for. My next goal is 6lb by Christmas. Not aiming too high, as I am getting towards the end of my weight loss and I know its going to be slower now, so I’m not aiming too high.

Good luck everyone – looking forward to reading of lots of success all round.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi SunnyB

Welcome back! Hope you enjoyed your trip.

My next mini goal is a repeat performance! Still trying to lose 2.2lbs to get me to 10% loss. My last month has been ‘lose a bit gain a bit’ and get nowhere very quickly, or slowly, as I’ve really not moved much in the last month! At least my gain has been minimal which I count as a real success. Normally, in the past, if I’ve strayed from the ‘diet’ I just regain the weight. Not so this time!

I don’t have any ‘knickers’ to throw out at the moment but have disposed of those trousers that ‘ I will fit into when I lose a few pounds’! Lost a few pounds and now they look awful! They’ve gone to the charity shop together with some other stuff that’s now ‘too big’ All good !!!!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

My next mini goal is 2.8 pounds off at 7 1/2 stone loss. May just about get that one nailed by the end of next week if I don’t hit another plateau, as I have been losing at about that rate for the past couple of weeks. It would be very convenient if I could hit it before that weekend as I am having a planned weekend off the diet in a hotel, with a dinner and dance. I will be controlling what I eat and drink, but not counting calories. I will also hopefully get several chances to hit the swimming pool and the gym. Last time I tried my new size 12 little black dress on it still showed some bumps where they shouldn’t be, but I will be taking an alternative dress as well, just in case I chicken out of wearing the very tight one.

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

Mixnmatch you are such an inspiration. I hope MM puts you in his next book, along with CaptainLynne and many others from these groups.

My BMI is now 31, and my 2 goals are still the same, under 11 stone, (70kg) and 68.3 which will mean I am overweight! As I said somewhere I have lost many kilos over the last few weeks – unfortunately the same ones.

I have several belts for my long shorts – staple Gold Coast wear – so have not thrown any out yet, but I have had to ditch a few cotton knickers which were in danger of ending at my feet

• posted by Happyhols
    on

Hi ruthdownunder..I am near enough the same size as you, my height is 5’…..I find it a real struggle shifting any weight…do you think I am destined to be this ” normal” size….I hope not…I used to be 8st 4lbs…why oh why will the BSD not kick in??? ……more water and onky fresh air for me from now on……

on

Happyhols – I used to be 8 stone 4 as well. 40 years ago. It would be nice but I will settle for a bmi of 24.9 which is about 8 stone 13 I think. I lost a stone in the first 8 weeks and then have really struggled to get going down again. Obviously still eating too many calories, although not many bad carbs, so have not regained – just drifted down about 2.3 kgs ( up and down, up and down……) Not giving up though

• posted by CGeorge
    on

My mini goals include working properly without getting fat or increasing the sugar levels.

• posted by Sumo
    on

Frog I lost 1 BMI point when preparing for BSD and the other 5 BNO point since BSD

Goal this W/E is to be very aware of Carb intake

• posted by Frog
    on

that’s excellent – sounds as if you’re making really fast progress!

• posted by Frog
    on

Not next mini goal – but I just measured myself – I intended to do it monthly, but didn’t – although I was fitting into smaller clothes, the measurements move down quite slowly, so it wasn’t very motivational. Looking back at earlier measurements, I realised that I’m just a week away from six months BSD.
    The numbers below are what I’ve lost in inches – I am most pleased with 8.5 inches from my waist and TWO from each calf – one calf is still an inch larger than the other – but the boots are getting nearer!

bust 5.50
    under bust 5.00
    waist 8.50
    hips 5.50
    upper leg 4.00
    right calf 2.00
    left calf 2.00

Being size 14 was a mini target (12 is final goal) – but my hips are below that already.
    I am wearing size 14 trousers now – some styles/brands fit, others don’t, although my waist still measures more than the inches brands state as a size 14.
    I found some knee length slipper socks in the cupboard that have never fitted – I used to roll them down around my ankles – fit now, over jeans.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Well done Frog, congratulations on your nearly six month measurements, they would make a very sizable loss indeed if you add them all up. ๐Ÿ˜Š I never measured anything except my waist which wasn’t until I started the BSD approach so nowhere near my biggest. I am measuring my progress almost purely by weight and clothes size, and having long ago fitted into all my old clothes (except the wedding dress/going away outfit combo, that were at my previous lightest weight) I am scouring charity shops and sales for an inexpensive wardrobe top up. Today’s haul included a brand new, labels still on, Planet suit, size 10 jacket and size 12 trousers, at ยฃ15.99 which fits perfectly, maybe even a little loose for the trousers, but very comfortable, and a pair of size 10 M&S per una stretch jeans that fit! The other pair of size 10 jeans I tried (stretch but skinny fit) wouldn’t go over my calves, so I may never get into them as my calves feel like mostly muscle to me, now.

• posted by Frog
    on

thanks Mixnmatch

Sounds as if you’ve had a good afternoon – size 10 jeans – wow, I would say get out the champagne, but maybe stick to balloons and party poppers.(although champagne is quite low carb!)
    If you like Planet and Windsmoor, they are all part of the Jacques Vert group, along with other labels like Dash and Kaliko. They have a separate website called Just Last Season where they sell off all the clothes – I often pick up Windsmoor trousers for ยฃ10-ยฃ15 instead of about ยฃ100, and incredibly cheap jackets – and since I tend to go for classic styles anyway, the fact that they are ‘last season’ really doesn’t matter.

Other than when I’ve needed to dress more smartly, I’ve hardly worn anything except the amazing (size 14) jeggings that I got in Sainsburys sale a couple of weeks ago. It was quite a wrench to take them off & add them in with the laundry!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I agree about liking classic stuff, this is my first foray into Planet, but I did like the styling, very flattering and comfortable. My main problem at the moment is a lack of presentable work trousers, I have two pairs that will fit now, and a pair of black jeans that will do if I wear long tops and no-one looks too closely. The suit may get pressed into action pretty soon ๐Ÿ˜Š I am due another donation round of my remaining large sized trousers, which no longer look remotely businesslike.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€ Not one but two, or maybe even three mini-goals hit today. Less than 35% body fat with a reading of 34.7% this morning, and also the 7 1/2 stone loss goal well and truly hit at 11 stone 3.4 pounds. The speculative goal is 40% off my total body weight, which I will have to check when I get to work. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€ I had lost 20% before starting BSD but that took 15 months, if I have hit the 40% then that is 20% in less than six months. If not I still have 7 days to do it in less than the six months.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Awesome MixnMatch!

• posted by Marsie
    on

Good evening all,
    Have looked back through and it seems I haven’t contributed to the forums since 15th October. I have regularly read and leaned heavily on all the posters on this stream and a couple of others to keep me reasonably holding the line. Since my last post my mother had a debilitating stroke, then died a week later, Nov 2nd, which, while deeply saddening, I’ve recognised as the kindest outcome for her. She has had a miserable couple of years.
    I tell you this, not for sympathy, but to explain that even given my habitual emotional eating, I managed to make it down to another 2 of my mini-goals i.e. 63kg, then 62kg. That was before the funeral last Friday afternoon, which I had a large hand in organising i.e. keeping busy.
    Since then, I’ve fallen into a carb fest, only managing to hold at 62.5kg today by cutting back on the “good” BSD foods. Like many people, I suspect, I manage to hold things together until the emergency &/or reason passes, i.e. get the funeral properly organised and experienced, then fall into an emotional hole. Now, tonight, I’m feeling chocolate sick, sugar sick, and I’m going to have to go through the “carb flu” all over again! Own worst enemy.
    Sorry to have vented like this, hope I haven’t upset anybody, thank you for reading it if you manage to get all the way through. I am now ready to declare that tomorrow is the day I get back to planning, tracking, and eating/drinking as per the BSD. I may not be perfect, but give it a go, I will. I must remember Yoda, paraphrased, “there is no try, there is do”.
    I thank you all, I love you all for your support of others throughout your own challenges and successes. I hope I can now revert to mainly being a supporter instead of totally a leaner.
    Marilyn xx

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Marsie….so sorry for your loss but having nursed my mother for two years at home with me with vascular dementia and a brain tumour I totally agree with you on its the kindest outcome. I am sure you will, like me and others miss your mum. Who she was and not who she became.
    It took me two years to get over looking after her myself and everything it brought with it. Thinking about myself was and is a hard thing to do.
    I really do believe you will get back on track and get to where you want to be with your weight.
    Onwards and downwards.

• posted by Peapod
    on

Brilliant results MixnMatch ! You have done so well. Reading posts like yours inspire those of us at the start of our journey. At week 3 I am 10 lbs down so my next mini goal is to reach the stone mark, hope I can do it within the next 2 weeks.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Thanks Peapod and Natalie, the 40% was hit as well so will have a small glass of red tonight to celebrate on top of the 800 for today. I also looked up today where the really big mini-goal of no longer being BMI overweight and I am only 3 pounds away. Could be possible in the next week, if no more pesky plateaus hit. 3 1/2 pounds to being under 11 stone for the first time in 24 years, and just 6.4 pounds to my target weight (for now) of the same weight I was when we got married.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi Marsie, sorry to hear of your loss, I am glad to see you are looking after yourself, and just remember to be kind to yourself if you find anything derails you. Good luck getting back on the path. I like the Yoga quote.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Thank you Fairyface and Mixnmatch, your words are much appreciated.
    Mixnmatch, so well done on your BSD journey, hitting all those mini goals, how good is that๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒ 

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

A non scale victory, squeezed myself into my size 12 fitted designer black dress and opaque black tights and went to dinner in a large hotel ballroom with friends and strangers alike. I was a different person to 12 months ago at the same occasion, wearing filmy size 22 tents with stretchy size 22 trousers and flat shoes. I wore make-up ๐Ÿ˜ฎ not much, but more than I usually do, and three inch heeled boots. I felt absolutely amazing!!!! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜ This is truly an amazing WOE. Over indulged on the day, but a lot less than I have in the past food wise at least. Will see what the damage is weight wise tomorrow, but may have a few mini-goals to re-win. ๐Ÿ˜•

• posted by Natalie
    on

That is a wonderful NSV Mixnmatch!

on

Mixnmatch, you would have been a star. Fantastic.

I have hit a mini goal – at last – under 11stone for the first time since 1990. 69.8kg – but still…..

Marsie be kind to your self. I have lost a mother and a daughter in the past few years and I know a little of what you are going through.

Frog, if – no, when I have lost 8.5 inches from my waist you will hear me from down here.

Sorry I have not been cheering you all on – been somewhat sick, but hope to be on the mend now.

Greenjan are you ok?

• posted by Sumo
    on

Had a 2 week wobble finished the 8 weeks and intended to continue, but have been a bit lax, had a good wow moment over the weekend and saw a programme โ€œthis time next yearโ€ which have re-focused me.
    My wow was I came across 5 pairs of trousers, mix of Jeans, Cargo and work all did not fit me a year ago, now they do with some wiggle room that gave me a big wow moment and made me re think why I had started this, now back on the waggon.
    Mini goal keep being a loser
    Pre-Christmas biggish gaol, a stone by then even better would be just over a stone to give me 21st something?

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Hi Sumo,

The “new” wardrobe situation is great. I’m working from home today and am wearing a pair of jeans that I found in a box in the wardrobe that I haven’t opened for at least ten years. I have to admit that I may have to buy a couple of suits for work as the current ones don’t really fit….

I’m hedging my bets and have gone for a combination of either 3 pounds off by Christmas (to make 60lbs off in total) or 7lbs to make the weight start with an ’18’. It all depends on how much of an impact a week working in Minnesota will have on the weight!

Good luck on the ’21’ target.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Thanks Ruthdownunder, appreciate your thoughts. Hope you’re feeling better now and great news re your mini goal.

Mixnmatch, from a size 22 then to a size 12 now is truly awe-inspiring. Well done you!!

And Sumo, JulesMaigret, what terrific wardrobe-busting news for you both. Doesn’t it feel so good to see the tangible rsults for effort?

I’ve decided to carry on with my mini goals as stated earlier i.e
    1kg at a time for 5kg.
    Be happy with under 900cal/60carbs per day.

• posted by Gsrai
    on

I want to lose another 11lb’s to get down to 11 stone but I think I might have made a big mistake by re-introducing carbs (albeit in a small way) back into my diet and now I just can’t seem to ween myself off.

Breakfast and lunch are fine but when I get back from work I just seem to want to eat and eat…

Kickstart as of now – I’d like to have lost this weight by end of Jan ๐Ÿ™‚

Good luck everyone!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Repeated my 16th November treble today, after a brief blip, caused by water retention and a day off at the weekend. Now hoping this continues to drop over the next couple of days so I can finally tick off that BMI sub 25 target. Good luck with all your mini-goals, both scale and NSV, everyone.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Good luck Gsrai. I know full well what a siren call those sugary carbs have. I haven’t managed, as some have on these threads, to rule them out of my life altogether. Giving myself a “treat” after staying on plan invariably leads to over-indulgence. I’m better at it than I was, will get better still.

Good luck with the BMI Mixnmatch. Will look forward to reading that you’ve given yourself that tick.

Keep on keeping on, everyone xx

• posted by Peapod
    on

Well done everybody ! You all seem to be reaching your goals and more. My next mini goal is to lose 2 lbs to make a whole stone loss. Hope to do it by next week.
    My medium term goal is to be able to wear a dress and my long term goal is to lose a total of 80- 100 lbs.

• posted by Gsrai
    on

Thanks Marsie, today seems to be going well so hopefully I won’t give in to the cravings tonight ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Sumo
    on

3 mini triumphs for me yesterday
    At work we had a long service award at lunch time, mine was bottom of the pile at 5yrs 3 received their 40yrs service award, the thing was a large buffet lunch was put out, I chose the chicken fillet strips and a sausage role, lots of courageous looking sandwiches and really fancy cakes , but I chose not to have them, when in the past I would have had a plate full, the cakes looked soooooo nice? lots of very fine small fiddly fancies.

Second mini-gaol, was my wife asked me to get her some biscuits, there was a broken one, this would have gone straight in my mouth in the past, my dog was well pleased with my change in eating habits, she did not complain as she made the biscuit vanish.

Third mini-gaol, my wife left a piece of toast and without thinking it went into my mouth, brain kicked in, I took it out and put it in the bin.

My mind set must be finally changing after my little wobble this morning 22st 11lb, chuffed as hell, I remember being about 20st in 2002 to go to Florida but other than that I cannot remember being this light?

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Great results, Sumo! It really does seem like the mindset suddenly changes and it is no longer an option to carry on as we would have in the past. You’ll be back to your Florida weight soon I am sure.

• posted by Sumo
    on

Thank MM

That is one of my aims, before I can see knee surgeon, but not back to Florida, America seems less attractive at the moment. No long have an in date passport, UK has much to offer?

• posted by Verano
    on

Well done Sumo!!

I started this thread way back when I was just only doing my first 8 weeks. I was needing some encouragement and decided the way for me was mini goals… that was three months ago and I’m pleased that people are still finding it a useful thread.

I’ve not posted here for ages because for the last month or so I’ve been playing around with the same few pounds … take them off put them on!! You know the scenario!

Anyway, the important thing is I’m still here, into my fifth month, and I have actually got my head back into gear. When I started this thread I was looking to drop down into the next stone, which I did, and now I’m looking to drop down again. So not a great loss but still losing.

So back to mini goals my next one is really small just 1.4lbs to get me down into the next stone. I WILL do that in the next week!

Keep on keeping on….as sunshine-girl says!

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

Hey Sumo

Many congrats. If I can put in my two pennies worth – I think the changes you are talking about are almost more significant long term than losing the pounds. Because these are the things that will help you lose weight and keep it off in the future.

I too am losing weight for a knee replacement- not initially- but now coincidentally and out of necessity and have surgery booked for January. Weighing less has definitely made a difference to me though there is research that the outcomes for BMIs over 40 and under 30 are comparable. I’m told it’s down to the quality of the surgeon and committing to pre hab and rehab. But of course the NHS does seem to use BMI as a filter system to reduce numbers.

I started at 280 and six months on am nearly 200 so it can be done! Good luck to you and listen to the BSDers here cheering you on!

Ps sounds like the dog is on your side

Please log in or register to post a reply.