What's your next mini goal?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi

I’ve been here for 6 weeks and have just dropped down into the next group of 10lbs … I weigh in pounds.

My loss so far is just 11.6lbs but that makes me just 2.4lbs from my first stone …. so that’s my next mini goal. Hope to do that in the next week to 10 days

Then just another 1.8lbs to get me down into the next stone!!! Can’t believe I can do that because it’s so long since I was last there, but I know I can do it with this way of eating , and altogether it’s only 4.2lbs!!!!

May take a few weeks but hey it’s a goal that’s really achievable.

So now embarking on my 2.4lbs.

What’s your next mini goal

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I set a goal of losing 3kg and did that in the first 4 weeks so added another kilo before the end of 8 weeks and did that in a week. That put me under 12 stone so I never want to see that number on the scales again. Set a goal of reducing HBA1c from 8.2 to 6.7 and did that too. So good to reach these mini goals. I have a couple more mini goals in sight, to get HBA1c to 6 in next 10 weeks (test date) and to get into a pair of white size 12 jeans so need to hit another 3kg goal.

• posted by Langerhans
    on

My mini goal involves my work trousers! I bought some with a zip fly and button at the end of last summer. They’re Craghoppers – size UK18 – so some give in them but not my usual baggy elasticated ones. I think I wore them for a month, and then I put on even more weight and back to the baggies. So, my aim is to wear the Craghoppers to work without showing more muffin top and soggy bottom than GBBO!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Hi Verano, my next mini goal is to lose 1lb. I have been on a plateau for 2 weeks – not sure why – so a 1lb loss would be wonderful. Yesterday I visited London and walked to the British Museum from Kings Cross instead of getting a taxi. After walking around the Sunken Cities exhibition I had water instead of lunch as I really wasn’t hungry – then walked back to Kings Cross to catch my train. I just had a ham salad in the evening (I was jolly hungry by then) and was quite hopeful when I got on the scales this morning that I might have lost another 1lb – but no, the scales still have not moved at all. It is really strange because I have lost inches over the two weeks – but it is just not showing on the scales.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

My next mini target is quite a big one – now just two pounds more to lose for BMI less than 30, so no longer obese. Two pounds after that is 5 and a half stone lighter than I was at the start of last year. Five pounds after that and my weight starts with 12 stone for the first time in about 20 years. Just three stone and a few pounds left to lose then and it is suddenly looking not just possible but probable that I will get to my ultimate target.

• posted by Verano
    on

Great goals!

Mixnmatch … WOW! you are doing really well and as you say your goals look ‘probable’. Positive thinking is definitely the way to get things happening.

KrysiaD … I’ve read several times on here that if you plateau you should maybe increase your fat intake. Not sure why but it seems to be one way of moving the scales down again. But as you say you are losing inches so maybe you should think positively about that rather than dwell on a ‘number’!

sunshine-girl …. I like your type of goals! Being a slower loser myself it’s good to see somebody else setting reasonable goals. Well done with your HBA1c. I don’t test my blood sugars at home but it was 6.8 on medication when I was last tested by the doctor in April. I’m really hoping that it’s dropped at my next test in October. One of my questions was whether weight loss had to be fast to alter HBA1c but your experience suggests maybe not. I hope that works in my case.

Langerhans …. just keep looking at those trousers and they will motivate you if things get hard!

No loss for me this morning so will try harder today!

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

Verano and all

My mini-goal is really mini. I need to lose .1 of a kg before Monday morning (Australian time ) to crack 6.4 and a stone in the old money. That is 8 weeks, very slow but I am a dreadful dieter and apart from 2.5 stone after baby I have never lost that much, maybe 3 or 4 kilos at at time over several months. I am not one of those who have lost and gained, just gained. Can’t even blame the daughter as I did lose 40 odd years ago

Next goal is 7.9 kg which is 10%, off and then 70 kg 11 stone, THEN 68.3 which would mean I am overweight not obese. – only 151cm, 4.11 and a half. My BS is ok, but my BP is high and I want to get off meds if possible.

Monday will be week 9, day 1.

best wishes to all

on

Mixnmatch you are a marvel, that 2 pounds will be gone in a flash!
    Langherhans. I do not know how many weeks you have been going, but I had several plateaus and a bounce – kept coming back and reading inspirational posts, and kept going. As I said above I am very slow

• posted by FabEllie
    on

My next goal is to lose another 4lbs as this will reach 2 milestones for me. First of all the number of stones I weigh will drop down into the next number and it will also mean I will have lost 10% of my starting weight. I’m hoping I can achieve this in the next 2 weeks, so fingers crossed.

on

Verano, I now believe the carbs are the devil for increasing blood sugar. Eating this plan is what has reduced my HBA1c. The test result I had was official not a home test.

Anyway I now have a new mini goal. When I have lost another 7lbs (might be 5 now) I am going to throw out my big knickers and wear my lacy ones. I deserve it.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi sunshine-girl

LOL! Great mini goal and yes you do deserve it!

I think I agree with you. When I look back I realise I used to get an afternoon ‘dip’ when I was really sleepy after lunch. Haven’t had that since I’ve been on this plan.

I think ‘official’ results are the best guide. I’m not certain that about home testing think it could be counter productive. I have thought about it but decided it isn’t for me.

Good luck with your next goal FabEllie sure you’ll make it.

Ruthdownunder … Was that 0.1 of a kilo? Sure you’ll make that by Monday even at Australian time! We all lose at different paces the important thing is the losing!

on

Happy dance! I have done it with a day to spare. Now for the 10% goal.

Sunshine-girl lacy knickers – way to go. i found this beautiful French lace bra in my drawer which I had not thrown out – almost sad that (hopefully) it will fairly soon be too big.

Keep it up, or should I say ‘down’ , girls and boys
    R(::

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi All, I’m celebrating today my goal was to be below 85 kgs and I finally did it 84.7 today .The last month has been miserable as I gained and lost the same 1kg several times.Thanks to all the positive support from these forums. I have been more determined. I increased my tracking using S health app on my phone Also more water and steps.My next goal is to get my fasting BGL down to under 5.I did get it down the first 4 weeks but as I took a holiday ,Its back up above 6 .Also want to loose another 5kg by October and another 5 kg by christmas.When I do it I will be lowest in 20 years and hopefully the healthiest.I’m determined not to be a fat diabetic old lady.cheers all

• posted by Lainey
    on

1kg to lose and it will take me under the 100kg mark. Then it’s goodbye 100’s forever.

• posted by Verano
    on

GREAT!

Our first poster to reach a mini goal ….. well done ruthdownunder. I know it was only a small goal but it was a goal. Best of luck with the next one.

Butterlover … great to get to your goal. If I had a £ for every pound I’ve lost, regained and lost again I’d be very wealthy!!!! I think that there are many people here who have, at one time or another, been in that same place. Here’s to the next 5.

Hi Lainey …. good luck. Hope it’s down into the 90’s soon.

on

Verano, it was cheating, such a small amount, but I had a big hiccup as I was nearly there 10 days ago and went UP. So I am pleased

Butterlover, great work. Lainey you will be there soon

on

ruthdownunder, get that bra on and wear it before it gets too big. When I buy new clothes I put them away for a special occasion, even if it is just a tee shirt or underwear. I never feel I am good enough for new stuff but I am trying to get out of that mindset and wear stuff as soon as I buy it. Funny things aren’t we.

on

Someone in another thread reached 65 kg and I said that was my final weight goal (plus other health goals) and I suddenly realised that I only have 10 kg to go. At one time 10 kg would be a mountain to climb but on BSD I am confident I will be there soon. Not giving myself a date yet. Finish the 8 weeks in the very next goal, then reassess.

• posted by Izzy
    on

I love reading this, I am the same. So many failed diets behind me and BSD has really given me confidence that I CAN do this.

I like mini goals too and I like playing with numbers. My last mini goal I just met (10 st 12) which was 2 stone lost on BSD. My next mini goal is 10st 10, because being able to say ‘ten ten’ sounds cool and also that will be 30lb’s off on BSD. I’m a slower loser but I will get there. My goal after that will be 10st 7 🙂

I hadn’t though beyond that until now, but my *next* one after that will be 10st 5, which will be 20% of my bodyweight gone since starting BSD.

I like lots of mini targets, it gives me manageable achievements and lots of little celebrations 🙂

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Although still on my plateau I have reached one of my other mini goals. I bought a lovely long and close fitting size 12 micro fleece 3 weeks ago – even though it was much too tight. Today I wore it and it was not tight at all – it fitted beautifully. I was so pleased as it looked really good and it was so comfortable for my walk (although I did get quite hot).

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi VERANO and fellow mini goalers..i am on day40 and have lost twenty six and a bit lbs. wd love to reach 30 lb down by day 56 x

• posted by Verano
    on

Yowzer …. That really looks sooooo achievable. You’ve done so well so far just keep going.

Sunshine-girl …. No longer a mountain just a molehill!!! You will do it!

Hi Izzy and welcome to the ‘mini goalers’. Well done on your great loss so far and 2lb at a time is really achievable . You know that because you have done so well so far.

KrysiaD …. the scales don’t always tell the truth. At the end of the day if your clothes are more comfortable and you look and feel better, great, that’s what it’s all about.

Last night I had a ‘treat’. Mmmmm ….. thought I was having an Indian meal in my plan. One poppadum, chicken tikka and chickpeas with spinach, not oily. Maybe I ate more than I should have although it was counted on my plan. Today up 1lb!!! Oh dear! but at least I can tell you and get back on track today and I have been really strict today . Tomorrow’s weigh in will tell!!!

• posted by Avila
    on

From 99kg + my first goal was 95kg as that was for me the border between obese and overweight on BMI . and approaching the start of week 4 I have reached that. Next landmark is 90kg as that would be about 14 st. Not seen for years. If I can avoid work cake and biscuits….

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi All

Not sure if this cheating but I’ve downgraded one of my goals. At the start of the plan I wanted to lose 15% of my body weight but have adjusted that down to 10%. I still want to lose 15% plus, but thought if I broke it down into smaller chunks it might spur me on more or am I just fooling myself????

Anyway have lost half of the pound I put on after my Indian Meal ‘TREAT’ on Saturday night ….. no treat at all! will be more careful in the future.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

That sounds sensible. 15% is a lot – 10% is also ambitious but should be achievable.

Go for the lower target and if you smash it then no reason not to up the ante! 😉

• posted by Verano
    on

I seem to have a new issue …..salt!

I had some wafer thin tongue at lunch time and it tasted really salty. Tonight I’ve just had half a cracker and it tastes really salty!!! I’m bemused.

I was very ill several years ago after contracting septicaemia and I remember after a few months I became completely intolerant to salt.

Had anybody else experienced this on this plan?

I may need to see my GP

Any thoughts really welcomed

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Couldit just be yr taste buds getting more cleansed VERANO? So youre more taste sensitive?
    Do you feel ok..if you feel at all unwell,see yr gp xx

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Yowzer

Feel fine just frightening that I could be ill again but must admit feel better than I have in a long time! Must be as you say taste buds changed. Just after being really ill I guess you get a bit obsessive!

Thanks

on

Verano, 10% is a great goal, more than halves your diabetes risk.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi

Was just feeling really sorry for myself yesterday so had a less than perfect one!

I know 10% is great, when I get there, just downgrading didn’t seem so good and the idea of that led to a miserable day.

Anyway, today is another day! I’ve read through the posts for inspiration and am now going to have my favourite lunch for breakfast …. 2 fried eggs with asparagus!

Have a good day!

on

My mini goal is to get through this week without doing any damage but not expecting weight loss. Family are here for their final week and we have just one restaurant meal booked so I might be able to keep control of what I eat. It is the drink that will be calling but when they were here 3 weeks ago I drank very little and let them get on with it. Just finished week 8, met all the goals I set for that time and will think about new ones when they have gone home and I can sit down and think straight. In the meantime I will just enjoy having my family with me.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi sunshine-girl

Well done on achieving your 8 week goals that’s great!!! Enjoy your week with the family and don’t stress about the minutiae !

I am just about to start week 8 and was wondering if we should start a new 2nd 8 or something thread. I started on July starters but that has gone rather quiet now. Don’t know how many of the original July starters are still about and how many have reached/exceeded their goals.

Are you planning on doing another 800 for 8 weeks or moving over to 5:2 or Med plan?

Anyway, well done again on reaching your goals.

• posted by Verano
    on

PS hope you make your goal this week!

on

Verano, I will be doing another 8 weeks on BSD but starting next Monday after the family have left. At least I will be on a Monday, Tuesday has seemed a bit weird. I will be with you if you start a second 8 week thread. Already had 3 wines. oooooops. But also been in the pool 3 times today, total 55 minutes.

• posted by Verano
    on

ENJOY!!!!

I finish my 8 on 31st but no problem in starting on the 29th. I’m away on September 4th for 3 weeks and would be happier to start another round before I go.

Strangely enoughTuesday has been my weigh in day for years and years and years!!! Maybe if would do me good to have a different one!

on

Verano, I could start back on Tues as we have no shops here on a Sunday so will have to do my stock up on Monday, start Tuesday. I think that is why it was Tuesday for me,

• posted by Verano
    on

OK. Let’s do it!!! Tuesday the 30th it is.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Good luck VERANO and SUNSHINE on yr second round!
    My second round is due a week later so i’ll be looking to see how youre getting on! X

• posted by Nursebean
    on

I’m nearly on my second round! This is Week 8 for me. However, I’m off to Canada in 3 weeks’ time so there’s no point in me starting anything at the moment. Four weeks with my sister and family (my scrumptious nephews) is something I’ve bean aiming for these past 3 years – I can’t wait!!
    I look forward to hearing how you get on VERANO and SUNSHINE – and you YOWZER when you start again – you’ve had such incredible results – I’m so excited for you!
    BEAN XX

• posted by Verano
    on

Come and join us when you’re ready Yowzer. The more the merrier.

Hi Bean join us anyway. I’m away for three weeks from early September but I’m so determined not to lapse I thought a new pledge might just be the way to go!

OK. Into my last week of the first 8 and only lost 1lb in week 7. I don’t think I will make both of the goals I was hoping for but I may just make my first stone with one last concerted effort. I really need to evaluate this first round before starting the second. I know I need to be more vigilant.

I had a really bad day on Monday for many reasons but yesterday was great. I had eggs for breakfast and just soup for lunch. I think having a good shot of protein early in the day kept me feeling fuller.

Hope you are all nearing your goals.

on

Verano, do you want to start it off, we have a few people on around the same time as us, just finished or finishing the first 8 weeks. So we need something to show we are continuing with the BSD and setting new mini goals.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi I have done … 2nd 8 week ….. on Welcome too BSD. Can’t remember the exact title! But I’ve said starting Tuesday …. All welcome.

• posted by Verano
    on

Well….. AT LAST!!! Scales have moved down and now only need to lose 0.6lb to get to my first mini goal of my first stone and I still have 3 days left of my first 8 weeks.

I am sure I can do that.

My second mini goal is now 2.1lb to get down into the next stone. Not sure that’s possible in 3days but I will certainly be able to do it before I go away on September 4th …. what a great incentive that will be for me to stick with BSD while I’m away!

Hope you’re all doing well.

• posted by Frog
    on

Verano
    You’re there!!! 0.6lb is a single pee – round it down
    Congratulations

I haven’t used the Fatsecret site in years, but get the odd “25kilos to go” emails
    6 years ago the last time it appears – just logged in and now 8 kilos to go on the target I set myself then (that was an awful lot of diets & lapses ago!)

• posted by Verano
    on

Thanks Frog.

Hey that’s great just 8 to go, if it’s to the same goal!

I think I have travelled that same road but at least we have now found the right way to eat. I can really say that I only get an odd craving and even then I could probably get past it with a little more willpower. I’m very rarely hungry and I don’t think of this as a ‘diet’ like all the others I’ve tried. Diets really don’t work.

• posted by Frog
    on

naah, much more ambitious – 28k to go now, I want to be 60 kilos rather than 80kilos

I think it was the name of Fatsecret that put me off the site!
    I should probably have just turned off the notifications, but I didn’t reset the target there!

Agree with you on the “diet” front – now I’m past the initial 8 weeks, I definitely still have the odd indulgence, so am losing slower than I might be, but not feeling “deprived” – but still averaging a kilo a week.
    You know those Balsen chocolate biscuits? the more chocolate than biscuit ones? Half price in Waitrose this week.
    I bought a packet, had two, admittedly not the most nutritious use of calories in the world, but counted within 800 calories and I think it was about 56g of carb that day.
    BUT the rest of the packet IS STILL in the fridge – pre BSD would absolutely have eaten the entire packet.
    (plus never got them when full price, and most often BOGOF than half price – and yes, eating two packets not entirely unknown!!!!)

• posted by Verano
    on

Yes know what you mean about the name! I came across it by accident. I tried MFP and couldn’t get the weights of food to change so gave up. Fatsecret was the next app I came across and it seemed really flexible so I stuck with it.

I think you’re really brave upping your goal. I’m frightened to even think about my ultimate goal so really am just taking ‘baby’ steps. At least I’m tackling the problem at last! I would just love to stop taking Metformin. It’s the only medication I do take so it would be lovely to be ‘FREE’.

I do know Balsen, yummy, but my real weakness is McVities Dark Chocolate Digestives so I just don’t keep them in! When I have a ‘just have to have something’ moment I now have a Nairns Stem Ginger oat biscuit or two, and that does the trick. I have noticed that since I’ve stopped eating sweet stuff that the ginger tastes really strong so I enjoy the couple I have much more than I used to.

Well done for keeping the rest of the packet in the fridge! Just shows how far you’ve come along the ‘healthy eating’ road. I know some people just can’t have any temptation because it leads to a slippery slope, but for me I feel that life’s too short for complete deprivation! At the end of the day this is an eating plan for the rest of our lives so for me I have to be realistic and incorporate the odd higher carb food otherwise I think I would just flip and go back to my old ways.

• posted by Frog
    on

I’ve not looked back to see how long I ever used fatsecret for – I can’t even remember dieting in 2010 when the recorded weight goes back to. I started off using a spreadsheet, MFP seemed easier at first, but given the amount of double checking because some of the database entries are pants – I’m not sure it is.
    I’m half contemplating moving to a paid MFP membership. exporting the lot, and then resigning and going back to using a spreadsheet.
    It wasn’t really a conscious decision to move targets – the 80 kilos was so long ago I’d forgotten it (and probably not weighed anything near that for 30 years!) 60 kilos is a weight that would give me a healthy BMI – but because I know that in the past I’ve got to being a size 12 and weighed lots more than that, I’m not sticking to it hard and fast. If I get to size 12 and stayed at it for a long period though, I think that things that don’t directly impact dress size, like my ginormous never-been-able-to-wear-proper-boots calves would start to get more in proportion though.
    I was delighted last night though that all of the size 14 trousers I bought yesterday all fit around the leg.
    They are still too small, but I have a few newly fitting size 16s lurking, and I found a just about to close BHS where I bought 7 T Shirts and 3 pairs of trousers for under £20 – YES, I know I posted about that last night, but I am still incredulous.

It is the most depressing thing in the world to try on a pair of trousers and find that you can’t even pull them up to the knee because your legs are too fat.
    OK – there are worse things, and if I was a Syrian refugee or living in the the aftermath of an Earthquake, I’d probably think that was a great thing to have to worry about, but there have been occasions when it’s been the most distressing thing in my world!

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Hi Frog
    I absolutely agree that it is pretty depressing going into the changing rooms excited with a garment… discovering that it is far too small…….and then wondering why on earth you thought it would fit ok.
    I used to be rather pleased if I fitted into something that was a Size 16 rather than a size 18 or 20……and that is probably for the
    last 26 years……a guess!
    It is truly liberating to pick up a normal-size garment and assume you will at least be able to get into it when you get to the changing rooms!!!!
    It has taken me roughly 6 months to lose 3 stones in weight.

on

I don’t know what fatsecret or MFP are but I use Sparkpeople.com for all my food and exercise analysis. Plus lots of good articles and communities to click into.

Please log in or register to post a reply.