What's your next mini goal?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Congrats to everyone who has reached a min-goal recently and had to set themselves a new one! My mini-goal is sort of on hold at the moment, as I’m on hols and just concentrating on not completely pigging out. Have just over four weeks, until I will be looking at doing a reboot myself, to hopefully achieve my own mini-goal of sneaking under that next stone mark.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi SunnyB

I managed to put on just 2.6lbs (usually would have been at least 5lbs) in just over 3 weeks by just not eating the really carby stuff … bread, potatoes, rice, biscuits etc. Didn’t find it too difficult to do without those foods. Did have a few oat cakes with cheese and plenty red wine to wash it down!!! White wine with the fish and chocolate after my evening meal …. but only 70%!!!!

Anyway, I enjoyed my holiday but didn’t go too mad and certainly did say ‘to hell with it I’ll eat just anything’!!! I don’t think I did too much damage and doing a strict reboot as soon as I got back has sorted the gain out.

Relax, enjoy yourself and get back into the swing when you get back.

• posted by Verano
    on

Next mini goal reached!!!!

Now in single pounds so next goal 2.5lbs to get me closer to the next stone down !
    Again no time limit for this but hopefully by mid October.

Hope everyone is doing well towards your goals.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I guess I have hit another mini goal in that I have lost 14.5 lbs, just over a stone. However, 3 lbs of that was before BSD so a bit of a cheat but I am still well chuffed.

Next mini goal is, again, chuck out the knickers at my next 2.5 lbs. Will have lost 10% weight at the next 3lb loss – wow that’s a surprise. That will do for now.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Woohoo, body fat reading this morning dipped (just) under the 40 barrier, meaning another obese label cleared. Just the waist height ratio to go now.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Well done everyone for reaching your mini goals.

My new mini goal is to lose 2lb which will get me to 9 stone 13 1/2lb.

My friend is over this morning and I have been trying on clothes -trying to decide what to get rid of. We ended up laughing hysterically when I tried on my lovely leather coat. It looked so huge everywhere – massive shoulders – sleeves almost to finger-tips. My friend said I said I looked like a scare crow. I can’t bring myself to take it to the charity shop. Maybe I will keep it as a reminder of how much I’ve lost.

on

Just reached another mini goal. I am now exactly 2 stone from my ultimate weight goal. Goals yet to reach, 2lbs to throwing out knickers, 2lbs to losing 10% of body weight and 0.1 of a kg to get under 74.

Keep on keeping on.

• posted by Frog
    on

congratulations Sunshine Girl
    onwards and downwards!

• posted by Antigone
    on

Congrats on losing 2 stones Sunshine – a fine achievement indeed! But that must be more than 10% of your start weight surely? You’ll soon be under that 74 mark too Yay!

on

Antigone, no, not lost 2 stone, but now 2 stone from my ideal weight. I have lost 15 lbs. 2 stone, I wish. πŸ™‚

• posted by Fit_My_Jeans_Again
    on

I started the BSD for the third time on Monday. I’m so close to getting below 80kg, was 80.1kg this morning, so my mini mini-goal is to be 79.9kg or under by the end of the weekend. And then think of a new mini-goal, as healthy BMI is still 10kg away….

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi

Reached my mini goal and am now closer to the next stone down a week sooner than I’d hoped!

Ok … so next goal … 5lbs by October 31st the day of my next diabetic review. So that’s three weeks on Monday and I’m sure it’s doable it’s just a matter of staying on track!!

Fit … doesn’t matter how small the goal might be its a goal and all goals reached are milestones in the journey! Good luck.

Glad you’re all reaching your goals. Hang onto that coat Krysia it will always remind you how far you have come!

When are you away sunshine-girl? It must be soon now? Did you make the 0.1 ?

• posted by Fit_My_Jeans_Again
    on

Congratulations Verano! You can definitely lose the next 5lbs by the end of October.

I weighed myself this morning and I’ve cracked the 80kg mark at last! My BMI (for what they’re worth) is now 28.2. So my new mini goal is to get into the 27s. Which is when I’m under 79kg, so it’s another very mini goal.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Well done Verano, that reboot is really doing it’s stuff! πŸ˜€ no change for me today, but my BMI is just higher than yours Fit_My_Jeans_Again, at 28.4 so I have a similar next mini-goal, in fact I have a few that may hopefully come up next week. 40 kg lost in a couple of pounds, then under 175 lbs, and after that 6 1/2 stone lost isn’t far away. Bought a few more bargain size 10/12 clothes yesterday for the box of the future in my wardrobe, so I can keep testing my new shape. Will probably try again at the 6 1/2 stone mark.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Mixnmatch

Yes the reboot went really well and now pick your carbs is keeping me on track. I’m finding that one week at a time is the way to go for me!

Well done on your weight loss … it’s amazing!!! I saw your post about the bin bags of clothes, dying to have a ‘try on’ but a bit frightened in case it derails me at the moment! Going to hang on for a while because, although I’m losing, I’ve still got loads to lose!

Good luck with your couple of pounds …. great achievement !

on

Verano, I will reach the 0.1 by Tuesday and be under 74kg, if I don’t slip over the weekend. We go back to uk on Thursday night arriving Birmingham on Friday to see my daughter’s new house, minus one husband. We are going to the Rocky Horror Picture Show on Friday night, I am wearing white lace pants (not my dingey ones) and matching bra with black stocking and suspenders and a white underskirt (remember them). I have bought a lab coat which I am wearing over the top so I won’t be too undressed. Should have said, I am going as Janet, with I heart Brad on the front of my coat and BUT I LOVE FRANK N FURTER MORE on the back.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi sunshine-girl

Oh yes LOL I remember this’d white underskirts!!!! Actually the rest of the outfit sounds interesting too!!!’ I’m sure you’ll have a great time!!

Will be really good to get below the 74 even by a smidgen. You’ll definitely do it before your trip.

Is the ‘minus one’ your daughters?

on

Oh god yes, my daughter has left her husband, not me leaving mine, though come to think of it…….

• posted by Cecily
    on

Reading the mini goals is really inspiring – you are all doing so well!
    I’m on day 12, lost 5kg and 2inches. My next mini goal is to lose another 2kg which gets me down to a round number. I hope by October 20th to have done it.
    I’m struggling a little with some foods I desperately miss (Camembert on oatcakes with a big glass of red wine) but I’m trying to be positive – there’s been real progress in such a short time.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Now officially resplending again in Size 12 Jeans this time! Fitting me nicely as well. πŸ˜€ plus found a size 10 top in the charity shop that also fits perfectly. Onwards and downwards!

• posted by Verano
    on

Snap sunshine-girl !!!!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Woohoo, as at this morning, I am under 80 kg, under 175 lb and have lost 40 kg in total since I started last Feb. Onwards and downwards πŸ˜€

Cecily, at least your craving item is acceptable on Med style, when no longer calorie restricted, in fact it sounds so nice I will give it a try sometime. I love all three but have never combined them like that.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Oops, forgot one. I am now missing over a third of the person I used to be. Over 33.33 recurring percent down in body weight from the starting point. Well I say missing but that’s not true really 😁

• posted by Verano
    on

Mixnmatch … Fantastic!!!!

What more can you say!

• posted by Cecily
    on

πŸΎπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰
    Well done!

on

Fantastic Mixnmatch, I have 2lbs to lose to get to 10% loss.

• posted by Snoop
    on

Wow, Mixnmatch! What an achievement. Congratulations.

• posted by Bluemoon
    on

Just starting out on bsd so my mini goal is to get to day 5! People have said to first 3-4 days are the hardest so I will be chuffed to get there 😊

• posted by shalimar
    on

My mini goal is to reboot my 800 calories BSD plan on Tuesday. I want to also reboot my exercise plan by going to Yoga Aquabics Class on Tuesday.

The reason for Tuesday is that this is Thanksgiving Weekend in Canada. I missed family diner because i’m still coughing and sneezing and using up boxes and boxes of kleenex …. need another kleenex sale soon.

So …. today is the first day i had non healthy food … kettle corn … and nachos.

I did go to grocery store and bought chicken and cauliflower so i can get back on plan on Tuesday.

Christel/aka shalimar

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SHALIMAR X get well soon x its soooo miserable having a cold….and Happy Thanksgiving! Sorry you had to miss family dinner.
    Good luck with yr reboot x
    SUNSHINEGIRL welcome back to the uk! Yr outfit sounds such fun! Have a fab time and well done,you WILL get under 74 kgxx
    BLUEMOON wishing you all the luck in the world x!
    Hi VERANO well done on getting back onto yr minigoals after yr hols x
    FITMYJEANS!hope you find youve achieved yr mini goal tomozz ! and talking of jeans..well done on thaoe size 12 s again MIX!
    KRYSIA its a shame about yr leather coat,but you can no longer wear it for the best of reasons! πŸ‘πŸ»
    CECILY congrats on yr loss and best of luck with yr next mini goal! X

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

Jan and all hugs from down under. Yowzer one of the first things in MM’s book is watch your BP if you are on meds. If you do not have a machine then get to the chemist or GP nurse. One of my friends ended up in hospital because he took a double dose by accident. Once you are on them they seem to hate to take you off. Get checked down

Lucky write lots!

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

now i meant not down!

• posted by shalimar
    on

You know …. i could finish my “box o wine” and then i won’t be tempted again. Cause i am waaay better at drinking it if it is cold in the fridge …. than buying it. I can resist buying any more!!

Hmmmmmmm ….. after all the Blue Jays baseball team won their series …. and today is Thanksgiving Day in Canada ….. and i definitely give thanks … Blue Jays one step away from the World Series ….

I wonder how much wine is left in that box????????????????????????????????

πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

okay …. i’ve had 2 cups of wine already!!

• posted by shalimar
    on

One mini goal reached … i poured the last of the wine down the sink. No longer penny wise and pound foolish. I’d rather be healthy!

• posted by Verano
    on

Well done Shalimar … now you just have to resist buying more!!!!

• posted by shalimar
    on

I only bought it … the wine that is … because i got pissy over something. I need to address the mental/spiritual side of things … mindfulness.
    I tend to NOT handle my negative emotions well. I don’t even handle postive emotions well.

I’m sure we are all familiar with solving non-food issues with food … and WINE.

I really have to address that … it’s weird because i always thought of myself as rather cold and unemotional … WELL have i got some lessons to learn …. and i am sure the universe is just waiting to give me some lessons.

It’s very freeing admitting stuff like that to myself and you all.

HUGS πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• posted by Cecily
    on

Way to go Blue Jays!!
    I grew up in Dundas before moving to the UK in my late teens, so the Jays are my team too.

Well done Shalimar on your resolve with the wine box!

I saved 250 calories for my Book Group evening last night – that glass of wine was the nicest I’ve had. Amazing how you appreciate things once you can’t have them often

• posted by shalimar
    on

Cecily πŸ™‚ HUGS

Glad you saved and enJOYed!! πŸ™‚

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Six and a half stone lost β˜ΊπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜€ (since Feb 2015).

That is all…

• posted by Snoop
    on

Mixnmatch, I’m way behind you (only 5 kg in total), but I have reached my first mini goal: 83.5 kg, the lowest I’ve weighed all year.

Next target is to reach the 70s by the middle of November. I seem to lose more slowly than everyone in my ‘intake’, but this should be doable.

Anyway, congratulations and good luck to everyone.

• posted by Cecily
    on

The reason I first looked into a diet a few weeks ago was discovering I had dangerously high blood pressure.
    After 2 weeks it’s dropped massively, well into prehypertensive and nearly to normal.
    I’m over the moon.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Inspiring mixnmatch, just inspiring. And Cecily, what wonderfully positive results for you in a short time. πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸŽ‰

on

Just reached another mini goal to slide under 74 (as in 74 kg weight) and now at 73.9 kg. Going on holiday for 2 weeks now so my goal is to keep low carbing and not gain too much weight back.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Sigh….my self-sabotage gene got mixed up with my emotional eating gene today after a sad/bad afternoon with my 94yo mother (extremely reduced short term memory, confusion, terrible anxiety i.e. dementia) at her nursing home. And so I think my next short-term goal will be a little further away after an ugly icecream binge. Think I didn’t even enjoy it, just kept shoveling it in (I had held things so well in control while enjoying the beautiful food at a weekend wedding.) Did only have small bowl of steamed vegetables for dinner tonight, keeping OH company at the table, but………well, tomorrow is another day. Next mini-goal here I come.

• posted by Cecily
    on

Marsie, it happens to all of us sometimes.
    Sorry you had a tough time
    Onwards and downwards

• posted by Marsie
    on

Thanks for your support, Cecily. But…I’m feeling a little sheepish now. After my big whinge last night I weighed this morning and found I’d lost .4kg, now 63.3kg.
    How does this happen? By rights I should have either stayed the same or more properly (??grammar) put a little on. I’m not so much complaining as puzzled. And really, it doesn’t help my poor scrambled brain to be given positive reinforcement for poor eating choices.
    Much more focused today. Cals under 800, carbs mid 50s. Be interesting to weigh in the morning and see if yesterday belatedly catches up with me.
    πŸ˜‰πŸ˜

• posted by Marsie
    on

Thanks for your support, Cecily. But…I’m feeling a little sheepish now. After my big whinge last night I weighed this morning and found I’d lost .4kg, now 63.3kg.
    How does this happen? By rights I should have either stayed the same or more properly (??grammar) put a little on. I’m not so much complaining as puzzled. And really, it doesn’t help my poor scrambled brain to be given positive reinforcement for poor eating choices.
    Much more focused today. Cals under 800, carbs mid 50s. Be interesting to weigh in the morning and see if yesterday belatedly catches up with me.
    πŸ˜‰πŸ˜

• posted by Marsie
    on

Well, after my focused day yesterday, weight this morning was same as day before i.e. 63.3kg……??. At least this is .3kg from my next mini goal, if I can just keep this in mind lol

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Smart BMI now in healthy weight range at 39/70.

Still working on the other BMI, but sure it will happen before the end of my 8 weeks.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Well done everyone on your journeys towards your mini goals.

Mixnmatch – I am intrigued – what is a smart BMI and what is the other BMI?

On 7th October my mini goal was to lose 2lb to get me to 9 stone 13 1/2 lbs. This is the lowest I have been since my early 20s (I am 68 now).

I got stuck on 10 stone for 5 days – even though I was being really good with my carbs and calories. This morning I am 9 stone 13lbs exactly. So have lost 2 1/2lbs which is just a little over my goal.

I think I will stick to losing another 2lb as my next mini goal – partly because I am losing so slowly now and also because I have absolutely no idea what my ideal weight will be. Still it will be fun trying to work out what it is.

Please log in or register to post a reply.