What's your next mini goal?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Typical isn’t it, I mention being on a roll and close to my next mini goal a week ago, and here I am a week later at the same weight. I think I have a few things I need to tweak in my diet to make the weight loss a bit smoother, although generally I have just decided to go with it, it’ll happen in it’s own good time as long as I keep plugging away and doing the right things.

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

sunshinegirl – you will get there. I have still not reached my next mini-goal of 10% off.

Mixnmatch – do not beat yourself up – 30% off is WONDERFUL!

I definitely need to reboot ! Starting today.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Thanks Ruth, mixmatch, I am in exactly the same boat, still 75kg but the only thing wrong with the diet is ME. I am sure there has been a few too many little treats like a glass of wine and a few nuts (not together), so I counted my nut snack yesterday, logged all my food, even that mouthful of chicken I sneaked out of the fridge, and came up with 790 calories and 41 carbs which I am happy with. My weight was down this morning but only to keep me at 75kg. So my resolve is to log everything and not have anything that is not on the 800 plan. I did it for 8 weeks with no problems even with visitors I stuck to it, so one week should be easy.

Just looked at my diabetic log (for the doctor) and I was 75.3kg on my last visit so at 75kg today I am already .3 down which gives me a boost.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi

Looks like a few of us are finding the last couple of weeks a bit tough.

My goal in weeks 9-12 was to lose 1lb a week so 4 in total. Well so far I’m into the 3rd week and am @ 1.8 but that’s a GAIN!!! I’m on holiday so am really pleased with that ! I guess a loss was completely unattainable!

I saw somewhere that October is going to be ‘Sober October’ so that might help some of us to get back on track!

We could also do our own ‘challenge’ …. maybe the last two weeks in September ….. could be …. ‘Slowly into Autumn’ … ‘Last lap before the Autumn’ or any other name you might come up with ….. know these aren’t great!

Do you think a short 2week challenge might help you sunshine-girl ? I think it may just help me!

• posted by Verano
    on

Or maybe I’ve got it back to front maybe better to just say want to lose ‘x’ by ‘y” ??? Am I just clutching at straws!!!!’

on

Yes Verano, we do seem to be a bit stuck, but I have a challenge, I am seeing my doctor AGAIN on Friday and want to be down1kg by then, already 0.3 so not too much to ask. I am not ill, I want to join a Zumba class and you are not allow without a medical certificate. Bit silly really but it has to be done.

I am on track for 800 cals today as I got to 740 and allowed a square of chocolate which takes me to 800 and I have saved some of my dinner for my snack tonight so it has already been counted. You are not clutching at straws, maybe just over thinking it. You are on holiday, don’t worry. Maybe a small gain will give your body the boost it needs to start shifting again.

on

Verano I am with sunshine-girl. Enjoy your holiday.

I finally got around to reading the faq on the keto site and it talks about many and long plateaus . Very interesting

sunshine-girl good luck with the Zumba certificate

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I was getting a little fed up with this latest 0.3 lb standing between me and my next official mini goal of getting into the next stone bracket, and having noticed yesterday that my size 16 jeans now need a belt to hold them up, decided to raid the BOTF (box of the future, where all the clothes I have bought deliberately small as targets live) in my wardrobe and I am proud to announce that I am now in my size 14 JOTF. Size 14 jeans! Okay, they have some stretch, but I didn’t have to wriggle much to get in them and they are perfectly wearable. Much happier now. Roll on size 12!

• posted by Snoop
    on

Congratulations, Mixnmatch. And thanks, as I’ve been thinking about asking what on earth JOTF means, but now I understand. I don’t have any JOTF, but I do have TOTDF (trousers of the distant future) and SOTF (skirts…). With any luck, I might get into some of the skirts by Christmas, but the trousers will probably not be before April time. All good though. Still a target. Currently only 0.9 kg off my mini target for the end of the month, so that’s looking like a goer. And then it’s properly downwards this year, as I’ll have lost all the weight I put on earlier this year (a shocking amount and I know why – lack of self-control).

Good luck everyone.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Wahey! Finally made it over the line for the next mini-goal weight wise. In the 12 stone bracket this morning for the first time for over two decades. After what happened last time I won’t mention that my next mini goal is six stone lost in two pounds time…

Oops.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Well done Mixnmatch, brilliant news about your jeans, you musty be thrilled! I still have 2.5lb to go to get to my mini goal. This will not now happen until November, as we are off to Turkey tomorrow, so I will be content if I can manage to maintain at current weight for the five weeks we are away – wish me luck!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Have a great holiday, I must admit to putting on a few pounds when I was in France, but they are long since gone now. So pleased to be back in size 14, probably over two decades since I was last this shape.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

FROG can you see my sleeping pusscat? I cant see my pics any more,but Captainlynne and Jan have said they can see them x

on

I think somewhere back a couple of weeks ago I gave a goal of saying goodbye to the number 75 (kgs). Today I am 74.7. Yipee, lets hope that is no more 75, you are wiped out of my life.

Verano, are you back from your holiday yet, no hiding.

• posted by Flash21
    on

Hello everyone,

Hope you don’t mind me joining your thread but I’ve found reading all your mini goals and successes to be very encouraging! Sunshine-girl, well done for getting below your 75 target! And Mixnmatch those size 14 jeans must feel amazing! I shall have to sit down and think about some sensible mini-goals for myself 🙂

on

Flash21, who said they have to be sensible. One I have yet to reach is when I am 11 st 7lbs I will throw out 3 pairs of dingy baggy knickers. Whatever makes you realise you are achieving something.

• posted by Flash21
    on

Sunshine-girl, that’s very true! I hadn’t even thought about it in that way. I have a whole host of dingy baggy things that I would love to ditch. I think currently they might be my comfort/hiding myself items but if I can lose some weight/inches they may well be discarded!

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Age 52, started BSD in early August at 23st 7lb (at 6’2″) and on the pre-diabetic/diabetic border.

In a rash moment in the local rugby club I volunteered to take part in the annual SuperVets (over 50) vs Vets (over 40) match next April. I haven’t played for fifteen years or so and at 23.5 stone, it wouldn’t be possible.

The BSD period has included a two week trip to Canada where the odd beer, burger and poutine did slip through the net, so current average is just over 1000 calories a day, but trending downwards.

Despite these lapses, currently at 21st 3, so my next goal is to get to 21st by my first session with the diabetic clinic nurse on 5 October, which will mean I’m over 10 percent lighter and then 20st for Christmas when we will start “training”.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi Flash, welcome to the home of the mini-reasons-to-celebrate and feel proud of yourself thread. As others have said, the goals can be any shape or size. My first ‘bigger’ mini-goal was a dress I had bought in the January sales, size 18 when at the time I was trying very hard not to buy anything bigger than size 22. I wanted to wear it for my birthday in June and found when I tried it on a week before that I had almost missed the ‘window of opportunity’ and it was slightly big. I managed to wear it twice before it now looks like a tent on me, and will have to go.

Jules that sounds like a positively huge mini goal, best of luck in the weight loss and the training.

• posted by Lucyjane
    on

Frog that is exciting moving down sizes. I am delighted this morning because I hit my first mini goal of a 100 kilos a day early with a big whoosh to 100.1. Next goal is 99 by Monday week. It’s funny I was about to give up because I have a wedding this weekend and have missed wine but I am now determined to get through to the end of October and be under 95kilos and hit my goal of under 90 by xmas. Don’t let me disappear from these forums! I love reading everyones success but also struggles. I think I am going to be here for a while until I get to 84 kilos which for me is a size 12 – 14cm – I am a 175cm tall.
    Ad the best part is I feel the food is manageable.

• posted by Kookaburra
    on

Yay Lucyjane on the whoosh 🎉so glad you’re keeping going 😊!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Another post plateau weight whoosh here. Drum roll… SIX STONE loss as of this morning. Four stone since January this year, the other two I lost last year, long before I discovered how easy this diet was once you have kicked the carb habit. Now in the non-stretch size 14 trousers too. 😀

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Congratulations xx

• posted by Flash21
    on

Hey Mixnmatch,

Wow SIX STONE!! Amazing!! That is so impressive 🙂 Six stone is also my goal so I will take inspiration from you!

I hope you weren’t too disappointed about only being able to wear your dress a couple of times! Perhaps you’ll have to start selling off all these hardly worn clothes to make way for your new wardrobe! I too have some lovely things I’d like to fit into but can’t quite just yet, so they will form part of my mini-goals. Another one is to treat myself to a new hair cut and colour once I’ve lost a stone. Only 1lb down so far, so that will probably be a long way off but onwards and downwards as they say!

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

I have my first mini goal set and probably the last! I’ve sat at 4lbs above my ideal weight for the last little while and in 4.5 weeks I to to Scotland – I want to lose it in that time! 1lb a week should be a dream, I currently do med-style as opposed to 5:2 and am going to have a lot of soup to reduce the calories as this seems to help the loss. My friend won’t know me! Wish me luck…

on

Mixnmatch that is absolutely fantastic!

I have reached my mini goal at last! 10% weight lost I have lost 8.1kg and it has taken me nearly 13 weeks, starting weight 79.3kg but I cannot measure 7.93 so I was setting it at 8kg. So made it as last

So next goal is 11 stone, 70 kg and then after that 68.3 which will mean I am overweight! Woo hoo! I have to remind you that I am very short – my bmi was nearly 35 3 months ago
    Lucyjane congratulations and Yowzer also and good luck to all

• posted by shalimar
    on

Congrats ruthdownunder and everyone!!!

Have fallen off the wagon for a couple of days but i was under 230 pounds a few days back AND i have had all 3 of my last Blood Sugar readings under 8 and as low as 4.5.

More on track today …under 900 calories but over 100 carbs … but those almost all high fibre beans. Will do better tomorrow on food and exercise.

• posted by Lucyjane
    on

I was thrilled this morning to be back in double digits 99.7 a week early so now my goal for Monday week is 98. Goal for end of October under 95, and by xmas 90 and under so i will no longer have an obese bmi. I have a wedding this weekend- any strategies to manage the wine and the buffet breakfast at hotel the next day?!?!

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi Lucyjane

Well done on your loss and your targets!

Re the wedding:
    I find having a target number of glasses of wine works and also drink at least one glass of fizzy water per glass of wine. Drinking the water gives you something to do with your hands whilst talking to people!

Depending on what’s served at the wedding breakfast – try and go for protein and non-starchy veg. And perhaps half the dessert (or a small portion of fruit) if you can’t swerve it totally.

But the water is the best aid!

Enjoy and good luck! 🙂

• posted by Lucyjane
    on

Thanks Igorasugar Yes I think water and target drinks will be my strategy. I am a little concerned how it will effect me after being on such a low cal. diet so will need to be a bit careful..

Well done on your weightloss!

• posted by Avila
    on

I have been hanging off the wagon for a while but remotivated earlier this week and have seen the 8 in the first time – 89.9 kg give or take a 100g that is 10 kgs lost since I started 1 Aug (and with 3 rubbish weeks) and 10% body weight!!!

I know I was close to it when stress derailed me, but it is really good to have an early win when getting back onto the wagon seriously to spur me on.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

AVILA so pleased to hear this 👍🏻
    10% off is so good for yr good health! Reduces risk of all the horrid stuff like heart attacks,strokes and so on.
    Well done for clambering onto the wagon! Sometimes i feel like i’ m just clinging on by my fingernails! X

• posted by Timmy
    on

I think I can just about see the wagon on the horizon. I’m still eating impeccably but those damn tasty beers and wine keep on popping up. That said, I’m still at 88.5kg, with a BMI of 23.7 and haven’t put on any weight, and if anything, I still think my waist is shrinking.

The suit that I’ve had in my wardrobe for 6 years but never managed to fit into is now feeling a bit loose, most of my Tshirts and trousers are too baggy for me now, so I think I’m going to have to buy a complete new wardrobe, and I’m staring down the barrel of having to buy 32″ waist jeans which I haven’t done since I was a scrawny teenager! And it’s no mean feat getting ones that fit properly when you’re as tall as I am.

Anyway, my next mini goal is to lose the last belly flab and moob flab and reach my target weight of 85kg. Then it’s just a case of carrying on with my exercising.

on

I have had to go and see my doctor for something unrelated to diabetes, but to do with getting fit. I want to join a Zumba class and here in France you have to produce a certificate saying you are not going to drop dead. Something to do with insurance.

Anyway, I only saw him on about 10th August so just over a month ago and I had a mini goal to have lost a kilo since my last visit. Low and behold, on his scales I have lost 2 kgs so he is well pleased. So am I. I didn’t get a chance to talk about the diet as I will discuss that when I see him specifically for the diabetes so I don’t know yet if he has done any research but I did mention c’est a cause du regime je suis – it is because of the diet I am following. He gave me a big thumbs up.

• posted by Marsie
    on

I’ve seen a couple of mentions of wagons, falling etc. My last contribution to any forums was early August when I discussed my 3.9kg loss at 8wks(64.1kg), with slowness attributed to my stunning ability to self sabotage. In past ‘diet lives’ I would have been enormously pleased w .5kg/wk. 5 weeks later, having not only felt dissatisfied, I’ve fallen hard off my little red wagon and taken all the wheels with me, then painstakingly put back a couple of the wheels, I find myself at 64.9kg.
    So, mini goals for me in my restart :=
    a) STOP with the sweet things for goodness sake!! Going to suffer the “carb flu” all over again…..
    b) 5 x 1kg, no set time limit

Best wishes to all on the thread

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Tried on the size 12 jeans today and managed to get them done up. Couldn’t really move in them though. Did I really use to wear jeans that tight? Not counting this as achieving size 12 yet, but obviously now well on the way 😊

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi just checking in on my last mini goal ….. to lose one pound a week for the last 4 weeks.

Didn’t make it put on 2.6lbs.

Ok have been away for the best part of the time so being realistic I’ve probably done quite well not to put on more!

So next set of mini goals are ….
    1. To lose the 2.6lbs
    2. Lose 3.5lbs to drop into next stone.

Bit of deja vu going on here !!!!!!

Hope you are all reaching your goals

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Verano, you have done amazingly well as you have been away for that time. Before BSD I was on holiday and there was a wonderful local bakery nearby. I managed to put on a stunningly huge 10lb in that week.

Well done Mixnmatch – isn’t it a wonderful feeling to be well on the way to size 12 jeans – they will be looser in no time.

Marie – congratulations for getting back ‘on the wagon’. I have been a slow loser also – mostly because I wasn’t weighing food and was underestimating hugely what I was eating. At the moment I have defeated the ‘carb monster’ but I know it is still lurking out there. So good luck with your goals and your fight with the ‘carb monster’.

My mini goal is to lose 2 1/2lbs which will take me to 10 stone 3 1/2lbs which will be a two stone loss since 1st May. I am determined to get rid of all my visceral fat – every last ounce.

• posted by Verano
    on

Thanks Krysia

I guess it’s a case of glass half empty! Normally I put on at least 5lbs on holiday so that’s glass half full!

Need to be more positive!

Good luck with your goal.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Hi all,
    Verano, holidays are testing, no doubt about it. Maybe not even while away but arriving home and assessing damage. Best thought……don’t dwell on it, don’t spoil the good your holiday has done you in other ways. Just do what you know you can do i.e. return fully to the BSD WOL (Way Of Life. I’ve changd it from Way Of Eating as I didn’t like to see the acronym WOE)😉
    Mixnmatch, goodonyou, getting there🤗
    KrysiaD, thank you. Good luck to you too with your own goals and the warding off of that old carb monster☺
    Have had a reasonable BSD day so far. Sitting in Coffee shop having a green tea, without, unusually for me, a huge wedge of cake. Yay! Had literally one mouthful of fruitcake to please my 94yo mother while visiting her in the nursing home this arvo. Not too much damage I think. Small piece of steak w steamed mixed vegs tonight.
    Cheers…

on

Verano, I have only had the weekend off and gained 2 lbs. Sadly I have gone over the dreaded 75 again so my mini goal is to get under and back to 74.5

Another mini goal has been reached, I have managed to get my wedding ring back on and it is lose enough to turn.

You win some you lose some, lets hope the lose is pounds.

• posted by Snoop
    on

Well, I had set myself the target of 83.5 kg by the end of the month, but that is looking unlikely now. Spent a few days with my parents and instead of losing weight, as I would have done, I put weight on. Am now 84.5 kg (have lost 900 g of the 1.2 kg I put on while away). But if I miss the target, it won’t be by much. Am getting married on 5 October (hence visit to my parents, who won’t be able to come as my dad is too ill), so should easily hit my mini goal by then.

My next mini target after that will be to get into 70s by the end of October. For sure it’ll be the top 70s, but if I do it it will be a big achievement for me. I haven’t weighed under 80 kg for at least 18 years.

Good luck to everyone else. Congratulations on your wedding ring, sunshine-girl. I’m about to have one for the first time (it’s my grandmother’s)!

• posted by Flash21
    on

Hello everyone,

I too have gained over the weekend, which is annoying but not surprising. I’ve reset some mini goals and by the end of December I want to be at least one dress size smaller and to have weaned myself off diet fizzy drinks. Or indeed any fizzy drink. It’s definitely comforting and motivating to read everyone else’s goals as it makes feel like I can achieve mine if I really put my mind to it. Good luck to you all! 🙂

• posted by Marsie
    on

Hello everyone,

On Sept 23rd I set a couple of mini goals. Part b) said 5 x 1kg, no time limit. This morning I weighed in at 64kg i.e. a kilo down. So, I can reset part b) to read: 4 x 1kg no time limit.

I’ve not set a time limit because I tend to fight against that, leading to self sabotage, which over the years has been a constant companion.

Happy to be back on the wagon.😊

Hope everyone is having a good day…….

on

Hit another mini goal, but one I already reached then slid back on. Gone under the 75 kilo mark and now at 74,9. Wedding ring still on and looking forward to throwing the knickers away – I keep hanging on to them, must love them.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi sunshine-girl well done on reaching your mini goal and keeping the ring on! What do you need to lose to dump the knickers???

Marsie well done on resetting your goal too.

Well I’ve reached my first mini goal of losing the 2.6lb holiday gain plus I’m 0.2lb closer to my next goal. Just 0.7lb to get back into the next stone …. again!!!!

Doing a 7 day reboot so hope to reach this goal sometime quite soon ….. fingers crossed!

on

Hi Verano and others, to reach my knicker chucking goal I said I would have to be 11 st 7lbs, today I am 11 st 11lbs, so 4lbs. Hope to be that by the end of my 7 day reboot plus a few more days. Defo before I go away mid October.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi sunshine-girl 4lbs isn’t really too much!!
    Sure you’ll be able to do that before mid October!

• posted by Verano
    on

Reached my second mini goal so am now down into the next stone!!

So next mini goal to lose 3.3lbs to get into single figure lbs. I would like to do this by mid October but don’t want to set a time limit as I don’t need the added pressure!

Hope you are reaching your goals.

Please log in or register to post a reply.