Yowser- I think about you a lot. You are and have always been such a positive influence on us all. I am sorry to read that you’ve been in hospital and I hope that you are making a good recovery. It’s lovely to see your post and I wish you well. Sending you a virtual hug.
We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.
-
-
Thank you Dawn, Sue and DCT for your inspiration. Monday is my four week cruise countdown. I am going to do the fast 800 keto for four weeks. No faffing. Things have been slipping in my routine – feeling sorry for myself, making excuses, you know how it goes! Well Monday is back to basics. One month – 28 days. I’ll weigh in on Monday and knuckle down. Was going to start today but Monday feels better psychologically for me. I can think and plan. Here we go again…. We’ve got this! Over 100 days til the 2027 thread-what can we achieve before moving on?
-
YOWZER it’s so lovely to hear from you. Have been wondering how you are. I’m so sorry you’ve been in hospital though, and now rehab, and really hope you continue to improve and feel better each day X
Good to read so many other posts too. Like you DAWN I’m having a quiet day and have been sorting out menus and shopping lists for next week. I’m going to start off with the 4:3 transition programme, 3 meals a day as I often go to the gym in the morning so need a bit of energy, otherwise would skip breakfast and just do 2 meals a day. So I’ll do a big shop tomorrow then should be good to go as from Monday 🤞
-
Sounds like a good plan DCT, being organised is definitely a huge part of whether or not I have a decent week! Dawn X
-
Hello everyone
Ive planned my two meals today using the fast 800 online programme. I am back doing 800 keto for the next four weeks. I’ve not weighed myself this morning as i don’t want to see what the scales say. I know I have put on a few pounds. I’ve decided to do the plan for four weeks and then weigh and hopefully see a nice surprise on 8th October when I will prepare for my two week cruise. Good luck to everyone who is back on the fast 800. We’ve got this. Today it’s cottage cheese and apple for lunch and evening is cauliflower bites and salad. Not made them before so something new to try. Trying to mix things up a bit every day. -
The cauliflower bites were awful! Won’t be making them again! Tomorrow is going to be mushroom stroganoff! Hope you’ve all had a good day. I listened to the meditation today which I enjoyed and walked for half an hour on my walking pad. Another day tomorrow! Keep going everyone!
-
CATHY I’m sorry the cauliflower bites didn’t work out! I remember a while ago creating something dreadful. I think it was some kind of fish cake. But tonight I struck lucky! I made low carb lasagne which was delicious. The recipe is based on beef mince but I don’t eat red meat so used chicken mince instead. I think it would also work well with soya or tofu mince. Anyway, the mince is mixed with onion, tomato and spinach, then topped with strips of courgette and ricotta cheese topping instead of lasagna and bechamel sauce. It tasted great and was very filling. Highly recommended!
Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow X
-
Dreams, I make something similar using lentils and I replace the pasta with aubergine which I have pre-cooked. The left over aubergine gets overcooked to make crisps.
-
SUNSHINE GIRL that sounds good and I’ll give it a try sometime soon.
I have to say I’m really enjoying being back on the online plan and having meal suggestions to follow. There’s always a little bit of surprise and anticipation when I see what’s coming up next – a bit like choosing something from a restaurant menu except you have to cook it yourself 😀
Today’s breakfast was baked berry oats which was delicious. Then for lunch it’s mixed bean miso chicken salad and for dinner steamed ginger fish. Tbh I feel like I’m eating a lot more than usual but it comes in at around 1000 calories and well balanced other macros too. Will keep you posted!
-
Hello everyone
I hope everyone is doing better than me! I can’t get into the swing of things! Really struggling this week! I started off really well and stuck to Monday and then since then I’ve been really not keeping on track! I’m on my own this week, probably feeling a bit sorry for myself, can’t motivate myself to do anything and feeling a bit meh! I’m not happy with myself at all. I wonder if it is because I’m going away soon and I know I’m going to be putting weight on? I wonder if I am just tired of food rules. I am feeling very tired and lethargic so maybe I’m fighting something off. It’s normal to have good and bad days I suppose. I need to get a grip! Hope you’re all having a good week. I’m not having a good week at all. I don’t know what’s wrong with me. -
CATHY sorry to hear you’re having a bad week. And it could be for any or all of the reasons you suggest. I’d say just do your best for the next couple of days and start afresh Monday. And maybe consider a different meal plan if you’re fed up with the one you’re on? Sometimes our bodies seem to need a change.
I’ve had a weird week too. I’m following the 4:3 transition plan and, apart from a couple of instances of drinking wine when I hadn’t intended to, have stuck to it. The recipes are really nice and I’m feeling good. But have put on a pound! Based on past experience- eg of 5:2 earlier this year – I’d anticipated losing 1lb per week. And this would take me nicely through to a 12lb loss by early December. But no …. The opposite has happened 🙀
Anyway, I’m actually feeling good. Enjoying the recipes and I’ve been doing lots of exercise this week. At times I think I’m looking a bit firmer and trimmer but currently have no measurements or clothes victories to back that up. So I plan to keep with the 4:3 for another week but if there’s still no weight coming off I’ll try the Very Fast Keto for a couple of weeks.
Hope everyone else is doing ok? And wishing you all a happy weekend X
-
Hi everyone,
Cathy it sounds as though your week is going a bit like mine🙁 For the last few days I haven’t stuck to the food plan and even ended up getting a takeaway last night! I’m not going to weigh myself tomorrow but, as DCT suggests, try to have a decent few days and hopefully that will get me back on track. DCT well done for getting lots of exercise in this week, that was my plan but I haven’t started it yet! Dawn X -
Hi everyone,
It has been a while since I posted, but I have been trying to pop in and read every now and then.
DCT – glad to see that you were able to get your lip fixed and hope it has healed well
Yowzer – good to hear from you but sorry you’ve been having a tough time.
Good to see everyone motivated and trying on the Fast 800. It looks like I will be joining you as I just discovered that I have a fatty liver, so need to do something about that. It was discovered on an ultrasound where we were looking for gallstones. A work colleague suggested that my stomach symptoms actually sounded similar to what she had when she had gallstones, so I kept track of what I was eating and sure enough, after a fatty meal, even healthy fats like salmon, I would get the pain. But I got the report back today and it turns out that I do not have gallstones, but rather a mass on my liver. Might be a complex cyst, might be a tumour. We don’t know yet. The radiologist has recommended an MRI. I see my gp on Thurs.
Luckily, even though my summer has been a mixed bag as far as staying on track with this WOE, I have been getting back on track this past week. I have even started doing some run/walking again. Meals have been good. Usually Greek yogurt with hemp and pumpkin seeds and raspberry chia jam for breakfasts and lupini beans with roasted broccoli or bean and greens salads, with the odd bit of fish. Handfuls of nuts and plums off my tree for snacks. I would love to get down to 800 cal again for a couple of weeks, but it will likely have to wait as I am finishing up some hard work on the farm still and I do not want to be low energy. So I’m doing the best I can for now. -
Hi all. I was part of this group a few years ago and did the Fast 800 with some success. I just started my first week (this time around!) of Fast 800 yesterday. I have a few things coming up that I’m wondering how to work my way around – mainly social lunches, and a birthday dinner for my father-in-law. What tips does anyone have for eating at events when you don’t know what the food will be?
arcticfox2 – I’m sorry to hear that you have some health issues, you sound like such a positive strong person in your post. Hang in there! -
SHOEGIRL welcome back! Good luck on your next round. You will probably recognise many of the names on here who are keeping going with varying degrees of success!
Your question raises a dilemma we all regularly face, and I’ll just give you my views – others may disagree and/or have much better ideas 😉. I think a lot of it depends on your willpower and personal discipline too. But I see it as two choices for days like these. Either stay on plan as best you can. Most eating environments have reasonably healthy choices available. So even if you can’t be 100% Fast 800, you can at least stick to proteins, veg, fruit etc as much as you can and stay reasonably on track. The other option is to press Pause and go completely off piste for the occasion, eating whatever you would like. Bottom line is it’s only one day, so it will set you back a bit but not have a major impact. However (this is where the discipline comes in!) . . . I find that if I do go off piste for a day it can then take me a while to get back on track again which then can start to have a major impact. So I think it all depends on how well you think you would be at getting straight back on Fast800 the day after!
ARCTICFOX lovely to hear from you and I hope your GP appointment goes well tomorrow and that your fatty liver is the least complicated it can be. I’m sure going back on Fast 800 will help and it sounds like you are getting back on track. Well done with the exercise too, and the farm. Busy times for you, but keep in touch so we know how you’re doing X
DAWN how is your week going? I hope that things are calming down for you and that you are managing to get back into meal planning and exercise etc. My meal planning has not been as meticulous as last week as it’s been one of those weeks with lots happening. But I’ve had a slight loss so far so hope to get close to my weekly target this week 🤞. Though having said that, I realise how fickle the scales are. I experimented the other morning moving them to different locations on the bathroom floor and got three different readings! So I’m keeping them firmly in the same place now and even if the numbers are inaccurate, as long as they are relevant to each other that’t the main thing!
Hope everyone else is having a good week? Do drop by to say hello! X
-
Hello everyone
Welcome back to the group shoegirl and good luck with your fast 800. When I did my 12 week fast 800 reset in February this year I made sure to stick 100% to the programme until I achieved my goal. Now I am at goal I allow myself to have days off for events such as birthdays, festivities, holidays and then get straight back on again. We have to live our lives and we have to navigate social events. I am able to do all or nothing. I also think with the fast 800 we can adapt it around social events by perhaps fasting around the event.
ArcticFox- lovely to hear from you but sorry to read about your worrying liver lesion. Hopefully the scan will clarify the issue and it won’t be anything serious. Keep us posted.
DCT- glad to see you are close to your weekly target this week and make sure your scales are in the optimum weighing position!
I had a fall this week- my ankle gave way and twisted as I was going out the back door with a cup of tea for my husband who was chain sawing some trees in our garden! I fell head first out of the back door and landed face down on the concrete patio! I’ve now got a sprained ankle and a beautiful black eye! I ache all over and have had to cancel choir and Oxfam this week whilst I recuperate. I am so so lucky not to have broken anything more than the mug! It’s two weeks to my cruise! I have osteoporosis so how I’ve not broken a bone is a miracle! I haven’t weighed this week but when I can stand on the scales I’ll see how I’m doing. To be honest, I’m just so glad I haven’t had to cancel my cruise.
Hope everyone is having a better week and let’s see how well we can do over the next three months before we come to the end of this thread. We’ve got this! -
CATHY I’m so sorry to read about your fall. How awful! But, like you, I’m so pleased that nothing was broken – it could have been so much worse 🙀. And I’m delighted that you don’t have to cancel your cruise. Hopefully you’ll be fully recovered by the time you go with no black eye in sight. Please take care of yourself over the next few days as a fall can leave you feeling very shaken and vulnerable. So give yourself plenty of tlc.
Hope everyone else is doing ok?
-
Good morning all,
Sorry I haven’t posted for some time, but I have been reading your posts via email.I had a cancer scare earlier in the year, which has now been resolved. 🥳
My weight has crept back up 9lb to 10st 2lb but my fasting BS has been pretty good! However, I have been tempted a few times by the chocolate bars husband keeps in the cupboard as well as crusty bread and toast! Once in a while wasn’t a problem, but it has become too often, hence the weight gain and rise in BS.
So it is back to it! I am determined not to let the slide go as far as the 15 1/2 Stone of 2024 and to keep the diabetes at bay! But it is hard! 🥴
I still record my food intake as well as the fasting BS readings and occasional 2hours after food readings. (Only once been in the diabetic range in 6 months)
I find that being in pain (arthritis) has an impact on my self control and readings!
So pleased this forum exists!
You are all brilliant! 👏 -
Hi everyone,
Pootle, good to see you again! Sorry to hear of your cancer scare but good that you’ve managed to keep out of diabetic range.
My visit with the gp was good. He thinks the lesion is too small to be causing symptoms and that the one ‘polyp’ that they found in my gallbladder may in fact be a gallstone that was sitting up against the wall when they did the scan. So he has referred me to a surgeon and for the MRI to confirm. I have already heard from the surgeon’s office and I have an appointment for the 3rd week of October. So I am feeling a bit better about most things. The only thing is that he scolded me about the fatty liver and told me that it was because of being overweight. I said I know, and I have been trying really, really hard to lose it, and he said, ‘well hopefully this gives you more motivation’. What?!? Anyway, I had a counselling appointment right after where we walked around the lake outside the gp’s office, and she was furious that he got after me about my weight and said that they just don’t know what they are talking about as doctors get so little training in nutrition, whereas I have a minor from uni in animal nutrition and have now completed the human nutrition course (with 95%!) and that she knows that I am active and eat well.
Anyway, because I have so many restrictions now with the food allergies, intolerances and the fact that I have to eat low carb and low fat right now, I have put AI to work at doing my meal plans and keeping me on track. My counsellor approves of this as she says that with ADHD, meal planning and cooking tend to take up a huge amount of our executive functioning and that is why it is so hard. So far it is working. I am telling it that I want to follow Zoe principles of eating at least 30 plants a week, and that I need to follow the latest research for dealing with a fatty liver and insulin resistance while maintaining energy and muscle mass. I check in at the end of the day with it and log what I’ve eaten, and it gives me a score and tells me what to tweak for tomorrow and then gives me the plan for the next day based on what I have in my fridge and store cupboard. So it is working at the moment. Zoe isn’t available in Canada yet and even if it comes here, I expect it will be quite expensive, so this is my next best thing, I think.
Keep on keeping on, everyone! -
Hi everyone,
I had a big fall off the wagon yesterday. I had been doing so well, so I am disappointed in myself. However, it was precipitated by the guy I have been seeing long distance telling me on Sunday night that he is moving even further away – all the way across the country – so instead of a 5.5-6 hour drive he will be a 6 hour flight away. And then he told me that because he is moving he just doesn’t see our relationship going anywhere. This after saying when we first met that he wanted to move away from where he was and didn’t mind where he ended up but that my area looked nice if only he could find work here. I knew things were going wrong when I found him a job opening in his field that pays better than what he earns now and even comes with a pension. He wouldn’t even look at it, never mind apply. And then after that he was starting to pull away and not even text me anymore, so I called him out about it on Sunday and that is what he told me. So I didn’t eat or drink much of anything on Monday or Tuesday morning and I had to take my car into town for noon on Tuesday to get the tires changed and I was at the pharmacy while I was waiting and saw bags of crisps on special at the checkout and grabbed 2 and ate them on the drive home. I don’t even think it was comfort eating so much as it was just the fact that I was completely starving, as I had worked really hard on the farm on Saturday and Sunday and I often need a day or two after to catch up on my calories, so not eating Monday really threw me off. It certainly wasn’t comforting. Anyway, I talked to a friend yesterday evening who has known about my relationship since the beginning and that helped, so I then forced myself to get back on the wagon last night with a broccoli and lupini bean tray bake.
So I am hoping that I can keep going and stay focused now. I am just so sad. To make it worse, his family owns a soup company and I have several tins of it in my store cupboard as they are a fairly healthy option for a quick meal or when the power goes out in winter, but his last name is plastered across the label so I will see it every time I go to use one. And he was so good about encouraging me on the healthy eating and exercise front.
So sorry for venting here. My mind is just in turmoil from this! -
ARCTICFOX I’m so sorry to hear about your big let down. I’d been wondering about how things were going there. What a disappointment. No particular words of wisdom to add, other that you deserve much better (in my opinion) – and am so glad you have friends around to help. And good luck with getting back on the wagon again. Hope it’s of some comfort to know that we’re all here for you X
POOTLE lovely to see you posting again and good luck with your meal planning. I’m so glad your cancer scare is behind you now.
All the best to everyone and do keep us all posted as to how you’re getting on. I’ll report back on Friday as to how my week has been.
-
Thanks for the support DCT. We had a good hash it out talk on Wed night. He still wants to be friends. I told him I would think about it.
So anyway, pulling back from the relationship is giving me more time to concentrate on myself. I have been walk/running and then went for an hour long walk yesterday. This resulted in my joints being rather sore, so I switched things up today and pulled my bike out of the garage. First time riding it in over 6 years! It felt a wee bit odd at first, but then just felt great. I rode along a new trail into town so I didn’t have to be on the road. I didn’t run into a bear, luckily, although there was lots of scat on the trail. It took just over 20 minutes to get into town and I thought when I got there that it will actually be quite easy to use it to do the shopping, so my weekly activity may be getting a boost that way. At least until the snow flies. But I have a friend that wants to go x-country skiing in winter, so that will be a substitute and gives me motivation to get fit.
I have been looking into extra supports for my fatty liver and came across hibiscus tea. I found some yesterday at the little tea shop in town, so I have added that into my daily regimen. I don’t know if it will help, but likely won’t do any harm.
Eating wise, I am back on track too. Lots of veggies as they are in good supply this time of year in my garden and at the farm markets. Pairing them with duck eggs, soy free tofu, Greek yogurt and fish as my protein sources. Adding in seeds and herbs and spices as well to bump my plant count up. The AI gave me a score of 82/100 today, so edging up slowly. -
Hi all,
DCT – thank you for your warm welcome back to this group and for the advice re-eating out/special events. I managed to choose some good options on the menu at the Thai restaurant and ignored (but LONGED for) the bread and rice!!
ClarinetCathy – thanks for your welcome too. I’m an “all or nothing” person too, so I’ll stick with the 800 until I reach my goal of losing 15com off my stomach.
ArcticFox – you are having a tough time at the moment. I’m so impressed that you’re also trying to stay committed to a healthy lifestyle. Well done!After my first 2 weeks on the Fast 800 I’ve lost almost 3kg and (most importantly) 5cm off my stomach. I’ve found it quite challenging – had awful “keto-flu” in the first week, but hope to keep going for the next 10cm!!