Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by caronl
    on

Hope you feel better soon Yowzer. Though not sure I would recommend snuff LOL. Glad you worked out the Edinburgh clue!
    Positives on a rather quiet day:
    1) lovely blue sky and a chance to do a little tidying up in the garden before the bulbs take over. Snowdrops almost there, closely to be followed by mini narcissi and floppy (:-( ) crocuses!
    2) Dog continues to recover.
    3) Made a breakthrough in family history research. I know it’s a bit nerdy, but I find it very satisfying to puzzle through a brick wall.
    4) Successfully resisted a bottle of Belgian beer last night. Had the opener in my hand and somehow veered towards tap water. Close call!

Have a good week one and all!

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hope you’re on the improve now Yowser and Caronl, congratulations on your break through. I don’t do family history myself but mum asked me to find out something about her family a while ago and I did find it oddly satisfying to hang down the information she was looking for.

I have some positives today, often it seems too trivial to post but I’m feeling very good today.

My son in law requested a sponge and cream layer cake for his birthday; I baked and decorated it and attended the party and cut it up, all without tasting a crumb.
    The eggplant in my vege patch have finally got a go on after the rain we had and with luck I’ll have some before the end of the season.
    My last post op appointment with my surgeon today, he was happy with progress and doesn’t want to see me again 😁
    As he has been a constant presence in my life for the past five years this is a big step!
    Back to work today and have seen many friends and had catch ups which had been lovely.

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

My positive today – just heard this positive message of hope on the radio – a haunting and beautiful piece of music and poetry that describes the fires so so clearly – fires that could be in California, Brazil, Greece etc – but the didgeridoo captures the Australian bush – and to find hope that builds when people come together:
    https://www.abc.net.au/classic/read-and-watch/music-reads/poem-of-hope-written-in-the-aftermath-of-australian-bushfires/11881628

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Great positive Mariet on you being able step away from your surgeon. Wonderful. And so well done on the cake front. ⭐️⭐️

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hello lovely positive people !
    I love popping in on this thread from time to time and reading your uplifting comments. I don’t get time to post daily but here are my latest positives …

Saturday was another lovely pampering day with argan oïl body scrub after a session in the hammam and salt sauna. Very relaxing and my skin smells delicious ! Aquagym was good too.

We walked up to our local village hall on Sunday morning which was exhilarating ( uphill) for our mayor’s New Year address. Traditional New year patisseries were on offer but easily passed over for the second year running.

I spent a lot of time helping a friend with visa applications for an upcoming trip and we got it sorted.
    My own passport renewal is being processed and should be returned in time for our trip to Valencia early February. If not I have plan B 😉
    After all the train disruption/cancellations we endured in France in October I have received compensatory vouchers and have spent them on a train journey to Lyon at Easter . It is worth making the effort to complain and register claims for compensation, however labourious and time-consuming it feels ! My stubborn side again 😉
    Family and cats are all well. So glad to see rain falling in Australia although the extremes of hail storms are worrying.
    I am feeling comfortable in my clothes at the moment and that really is new for me. Did I tell you I treated myself to ( smaller) bras and bloomers in the Uk …matching sets even , get me !!!!!!
    Spring is coming ! My favourite time of year.

It’s all good xx

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello just popping in to say ‘Hi’ to everyone. Excuse me for not responding to all the individual messages.
    Well I’ve had a really busy few days with dinner out Friday and lunch Saturday, friends here for dinner Saturday and then out for lunch Sunday phew…. anyway had a lovely time and a gain of only 400g! I was mindful though! So I guess that’s my first positive.
    Number 2. I have rediscovered ‘paper’ books after years of using my kindle. My OH, bless him, came home with a new book which he thought was the ‘Ketch’ diet, when we removed the label from the front it turned out to be the ‘Keto’ diet! What more can you say!
    3. I’ve made a decision to ‘cleanse’ my social media activity. So while I’ll still pop in here I’ve decided to give up the majority of my other threads.
    4. Have just received a present of ‘Mindfulness, a practical guide to Finding Peace in a Frantic World ‘. So looking forward to adding to my ‘mindfulness’ repertoire.
    5. Starting to sort out the house and begin packing for our trip early next week.
    So yes, lots of good things happening.
    Hope everyone is well and keeping positive.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thank you for all the lovely positives people.
    Merry, I haven’t listened to you link yet, but definitely will.
    So glad you’re signed off by your surgeon, Mariet and well done on not seeking a taste of cake at some stage – I’m sure I couldn’t manage that.
    What a lovely stack of positives Wendy. Your mentions before about pampering your body these days, has spurred me to start treating my body better, with daily brushing and lotion application.
    So glad you will be keeping us, V, we miss you when you’re not around. Hope you’re heading off to the sun again.
    My positives today are …..
    1 lovely day out with daughter and her friend, looking at wedding dresses. Daughter has chosen her gown and deposit has been paid. She looks absolutely wonderful in it.
    2 nice lunch out, admittedly rather too high on cals, but carbs under control, so considering that a win.
    3 looking forward to a quiet morning tomorrow and a long Skype chat with a friend in the afternoon.
    Hope to see lots more positives being posted soon.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Another day, another set of positives …..
    1 Back in full control of cals and carbs today and feeling good.
    2 Lovely long skype chat with friend this afternoon – a few laughs and giggles too.
    3 Another dry day today …. though it was foggy for half of it, we got to see a little sun this afternoon too.
    4 Log burner has been going all day, so living room has been snug and cosy.

What positives have come your way and do you have a few minutes to share them with us here? If so, please do!

• posted by Verano
    on

Sunny how wonderful to be involved with your daughters wedding plans. Nothing is more positive than a joyful occasion to look forward to.
    I do have a few positives ……
    1. Finding my social media ‘cleanse’ easier than I thought it would be and it gives me much more time for other things!
    2. Found some old photos of me ‘looking the best I can be’ and have put them in my journal as a constant reminder of where I’m headed!
    3. Feeling quite positive at the moment. I know that this way of eating has to fit into my lifestyle rather than the other way around. I have actually come to terms with the fact that when I’m away I need to enjoy but don’t need ‘gay abandon’! In truth, even when we are eating out, or are away, I am at a point where high carb foods hold no attraction. I might have a couple of crackers with cheese or an occasional chocolate mousse, but never a full on carby dessert. I doubt I will ever reach my ‘healthy’ BMI but as long as my T2 stays in remission I’ll be happy.
    So yes I have come to terms with life as it is and am no longer chasing unattainable goals.
    Hope everyone us well and keeping positive.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Aw SUNNYB how lovely that the dress has now been chosen! So exciting!💜💜💜💜
    What ideas have you got for yr Mother of the Bride outfit?
    VERANO Thats a really good place to be ..” have come to terms with life as it is and am no longer chasing unattainable goals.” …Im not quite there yet,but I know its where I need to get to,to make life more contented and peaceful. 🌷🌷🌷
    My pozzos today…
    * Its my second fast day of Alternate Fast Days. Have fasted on and off since 2013 so I know what to do to make it as easy as I can.i know I have to keep busy ..i often declutter on a fast day which makes me feel good inside and out.
    Also,keep it simple. This first week,dindins is a below 400 cals ready meal with some veg or salad and a ten calorie jelly.
    Healthier choices in the weeks to come.
    * Have hidden my body weighing scales. 🎉🎉🎉🎈🎈🎈
    Kristin Varaday recommends weighing daily while ADF ing,but you know what..I realised it makes me miserable,seeing how the numbers have climbed up over the last two and a half years.
    I actually already feel lighter and clothes already looser,so Im gonna stay with that good feeling!
    Some day in the future I will get that same good feeling from stepping on my scales again,but for now..ignorance is bliss!,
    Hehe!
    * out for lunch tomozzz..nonfast day yippee,tho wont be going mad. My beau and I have been going out with each other ten years today. He had grandkid duties today,but of course that suited me,as its my fast day. So we will celebrate tomorrow hurrah! 🍾🍾🍾
    Love to all xxx 😘

• posted by SunnyB
    on

So pleased this thread is still part of your social media, Verano. You are right, we all need to find away to blend this way of eating into our life style and your approach sounds similar to mine. Enjoy your travels.

Merry, finally got around to your link. It was very powerful … had a lump in my throat it was so poyniant and very moving.

My positives for today are ….
    1 Have almost finished compiling this month’s village news sheet.
    2 Slow cooked ox cheek casserole for dinner tonight.
    3 Daughter had a wobble about the wedding dress she’s chosen, but I think I’ve ‘talked her of the ledge’ …. fingers crossed.
    Keep posting those positives everyone.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, sorry I missed you post, I got interrupted while typing my post and somehow missed including a response. It sounds like you have got a good handle on your approach to this way of life. Have a wonderful day of celebration tomorrow and come and tell us about it when you have time.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

To bring this thread back up the listing, I’ll post some positives for today …..
    1 OH made it home early today and much less drained than he was yesterday.
    2 Lovely pan fried duck breast for dinner this evening.
    3 Another dry day today.
    Yowser, hope you had a lovely anniversary celebration day. Looking forward to hearing about it. Hope others will also be sharing a positive or two with us as well.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thank you SUNNY for yr positives and yes thank you,a fab day!
    Things to be grateful for today….! 💕
    * Lovely weather sunny and mild,perfect for going out for lunch.
    I had Breton chicken and salad and a few frites ..dessert was apple crumble ( only a v small portion,but definitely not worth the cals/ carbs)BUT the ice cream that came with it was stupendous! 😋
    Beau had a traditional French fishy stew – he loved every mouthful 🥰
    * Then,a coffee in our favourite cafe in the park,enjoying the very tame squirrels coming up to be fed by hand,and then feeding the ducks and Canada geese on the lake
    * Later, a glass of chianti and a catch up with DD
    Feeling very fortunate and blessed. 💖💖💖💖

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, your lunch out sounds wonderful …. and good weather too! Glad you had such a fab day with your beau and congratulations on your milestone anniversary.
    Positives from me for today are ….
    1 Little pampering with some waxing at the salon this morning.
    2 Made a delicious cod dish this evening …. yum!
    3 Saw this year’s first daffodil in bloom in a neighbour’s garden – they are such delightfully cheerful flowers.
    Not sure what the w/e will hold. The garden is desperate for a tidy up, but the weather is defying me, fingers crossed I’ll be able to get out there soon. Whatever you are doing the w/e, have a wonderful positive time and please drop by to tell us about one or two high points.

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi SunnyB, Verano, Yowzer, wendleg and all positive thinkers!
    1) Like Sunny, I am enjoying the lines of nodding daffodils on the way to my dog walk. A lovely sign of spring, despite 4 degrees this morning. BRrrrr.
    2) Enjoying the longer daylight hours, and the sun rising higher in the sky. The leafless trees look particularly elegant in the low diagonal light.
    3) Back for breakfast of warm raspberries, Greek yoghurt and a few almonds. A lovely start to the day, all in all!

Have a lovely weekend!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi my positive friends!
    CARONL Thanks so much for mentioning greek yog with rasps and almonds.. i have all three ingredients and look forward to my brekkky tomoz. Warm raspberries,who knew? That sounds fab,will give it a go.
    And thanks to SUNNY writing about the lovely dancing daffs..such cheering news!
    * First positive..been to a farmers market and a vegan fayre today. Lovely!…and the cakes didnt even appeal to me,which was v good news. Yeah they looked great but i didn’t want to eat them. Bought some gorgeous biccies for DD and hubby. Also, saw lots of gorgeous dogs today,including a wire haired fox terrier,my fave breed.
    * home now and listening to the Beatles and remembering the days of Beatlemania..heady times! Sitting upstairs on the bus,going home from school,and singing our Baby-its You and Anna and a million other favourites,and reading our Beatles magazines! 😄😄😄
    * Well done to DD ..been promoted in work! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
    Big hugs to everyone xx 🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi all!
    Yowzer you took me back to my youth ….. Beatlemania …… ahh those were the days! I remember them well. Glad you had a great 10th anniversary celebration with your ‘Beau’. We should all celebrate every occasion we can.
    Sunny, wedding dress ‘wobble’, well that sounds pretty normal! If you want a smile watch channel 38 in the afternoon, ‘Say yes to the dress’. A real eye opener!
    I am so grateful for this thread. If you’re feeling low it can’t last for long when you read all the uplifting positives here.
    So yes I do have a few positives to add ……
    1. Wasn’t feeling too well yesterday so had to cancel my hair appointment. I do have that great root colouring spray advertised on TV so good news is I saved myself a good few pounds and hopefully, my hair will be ok for the next few weeks.
    2. Clothes etc. organised so just need to pack. I bought some ‘packing cubes’ last year and they are fantastic. Far less creasing and you can fill each one with t-shirts or underwear etc. etc. and the clothes are more accessible especially when you are travelling to more than one place.
    3. Daffodils…. those close to me don’t really make a ‘host’ but there are a few clumps that are in full flower now! Yet to see a snowdrop.
    As Sunny says if you have a positive please stop by and post. Hope the weekend is ‘positive’ for everyone.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Caronl, that sounds like a wonderful morning.
    Yowser, I too smiled at the Beatles reference, thank you for a reminder of youth.
    V, so pleased to see you still with us. Thanks for the info on packing cubes. They’re something I’ve considered but never tried, but they sound like a good idea.
    For me the positives for today are ….
    1 OH didn’t take too much persuading to take some time out today, instead of odd jobbing all day.
    2 Brief visit from cousin and his wife at lunchtime. Don’t often see them, so nice to catch up.
    3 Made a start on sorting out gifts for upcoming birthdays …. Still have a couple to do, but at least I have some ideas!
    Enjoy the rest of the w/e everyone.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone !
    Yes, I love reading this thread too…simple pleasures !

My positives are pretty simple too . Pampering Saturday with hammam, salt sauna and aqua gym. Lots of lush salad and fermented coconut yoghurt ! I bought some macadamia nuts and pecans too..yum !

My niece had a beautiful little baby girl on Monday and I am so thrilled for her ( first child) and very envious of my sister 😉 Can’t wait for my boys to start a family !

I am having a lazy day and not feeling at all guilty about it. I decided not to bring school work home any more…and I am sticking to it !
    I renewed my Uk passport online and it was fortunately approved ( photo taken with smartphone and uploaded onto the site was tricky ) I am just waiting for it to arrive now so I can check us in for our flight to Valencia. That’s in two weeks time.

I had my hair cut and coloured yesterday but my next visit is 3rd March ( after my hernia op) so I might be needing some of that root colouring spray , V ! Sorry you were unwell yesterday . I like the sound of those packing cubes too ! Is that something TK Maxx sell ? I used their exfoliating argan oïl soap today and it smells fab.

Betty the kitten is still leaping and frolicking everywhere but hasn’t broken anything. We had a fright yesterday when she ran outside but we think she was shocked and scared to be in unfamiliar territory so she quickly ran back indoors .

Looking forward to the Spring too. I no longer drive home in the dark which is great for this stressy night time driver ! Dark mornings are different, much quieter on the roads 😉

Sunny, I saw some sad news coming out of Turkey about the earthquake. I hope the area you stay in was not affected ?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone. Have a lovely break, V !!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yes Wendy, indeed very sad news from Turkey. Thankfully it was many many miles from our little corner – I’d guesstimate more than a day’s drive. It was quite far over to the east, approaching the Syrian border. Largely the east of the country really struggles economically, so the fall out from this event will hit them hard.
    Thanks for enquiring.
    Congratulations to your niece and her new family. How lovely for you all to have a new little one in your midst.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

• posted by Verano
    on

Wendy your day will come! It is lovely though!
    So much sad news the world over, we have to be thankful for our lives and make the best of them.
    Anyway just a quick post. I bought my cubes from amazon. It’s best to get different size ‘cubes’ because you have a better chance of fitting them into an average case. I bought one pack of 4 the same size and another pack of about six or eight of assorted sizes. From my experience it’s best to pack each one of them fairly tightly then the clothes don’t move and get creased. Some people ‘roll’ the clothes. I do with non iron trousers etc but otherwise fold. Good luck and happy packing!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks for the cube info Verano. Will take a look at Amazon. Might be my third purchase with them today!
    1 got the village news sheet completed and printed.
    2 messaging with friends in India and USA and daughter in Kent, to make plans for visiting her next w/e.
    3 enjoyed a roasted spatchcocked chicken for dinner this evening.
    Has been a nicely chillied couple of days. Hope you have had a pleasant weekend too, full of positives great and small. Please tell us about them.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi everyone and Happy Australia Day weekend to my fellow Aussies! Our poor country has been through so much in recent years and yet we can still find something special to celebrate which is not only wonderful but GREAT release and distraction 🙂 Re the suitcase packing . . . !! My go to are the mesh laundry bags! Varying sizes for underwear, T’s and shirts, slacks, jeans etc.. A dear friend whom I went o-s with many years ago had only 5-6 from memory . . . each one held a complete days clothes . . . (ie. Undies and socks, shirt while doubling up on slacks or jeans.) All she needed separate were shoes, jacket and a hat (which folded up like an envelope and fitted in her pocket!!! Any wonder she was showered and dressed before me everyday?) Ive since adopted some of these ideas and remember our holiday time with fondness 🙂 Her nickname was Patricia, the one pack wonder. Now in fulltime care, Ive created a small photo album of our adventures over the years, and such provides conversation starters for staff and visitors . . . My positives . . .
    1. Rain has given my grass a welcome drink and Im amazed at how quickly the green returns.
    2. Came home to a tidy front yard after the lawnmowing man had visited 🙂
    3. Friend replaced my HWS – just hoping the excess water and electricity use caused by the blowout isnt too exhorbitant 🙁 (Some of the green green grass is due to the leaking HWS before I discovered it was 🙁 )
    4. Was happy to help out pet sitting for younger son and his family to enjoy a last minute opportunity to “get away” for a few days, before school goes back 🙂
    5. Enjoying helping a close friend sort several years of taxation papers which have overwhelmed them . . and reclaim some homely space . . . long story as to what why and how . . . but the assistance is feeding my “decorating” creative side, while seeing what can be done on a shoestring/charity store budget 🙂
    6. Grateful for uncovering past events which have caused me sub-conscious grief n so many arenas . . . and learning how to recognise triggers, and retrain my reactions 🙂

Happy days everyone! Quack! Quack!

• posted by caronl
    on

WoodDuckie You rock. Your friends must love you. You are always full of creative, supportive and practical ideas!
    1) My photobook for my mother is on its way. Hoping it will be the source of lots of happy memories and natters about childhood, holidays and so on.
    2) Up to date with the laundry. And still enjoying all my nice new tops. It is so nice to treat yourself now and again.
    3) Found some cups I was looking for on ebay – and on special offer. Feeling thrifty too!

Have a good Monday everyone.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Duckie, great to read such an upbeat post from you, after those tainted by your living under the peril of fire. Sounds like good things are happening for you at home.
    caronl, it is a wonderful feeling when the laundry is up to date isn’t it? It so rarely happens in my house though!
    After what has felt like a productive day, my positives are …..
    1 Packed clothes we are taking out to Turkey as donations to poor families. They are now in space saving vacuum bags, stacked with other items we will be taking with us this time.
    2 Delivered the village news letter to the distributor, which had an additional positive, as I walked there and back. Only about three quarters of a mile all told, but better than nothing!
    3 Did a bit more organising, ready for us moving our of our bedroom next week, so that it can be decorated.
    4 Good phone chat with my Mum and arrangements made to meet grandson for a coffee when he finishes work on Wednesday evening.
    All in all a good day. Hope yours has brought some positives your way too and that you will take a few minutes to tell us about them.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I’m sure I can’t be the only person for whom something positive has happened today, but it seems I might be the only one posting about it. Still, if I report in maybe someone else will share too, so here goes …..
    1 wonderful long Skype chat with a friend in the US this afternoon.
    2 have made a Yotam Ottolenghi stuffed aubergine dishes for dinner this evening, not tried it before but it smells wonderful.
    3 my Amaryllis is now approx 18inches tall …. can hardly wait for the bud to burst.
    What good things are going on in your little corner of the world?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiiiiii SUNNY! ** waving **
    Sorry,havent been online…playing catch up now
    I love the packing tips from VERANO and DUCKIE! Such good ideas…
    Aah DUCKIE lovely to hear about the rain and the special day celebrations 💜👍🏻💜👍🏻 Also how you have helped family and friends x
    WENDY Congrats on the new addition,a sweet little great-niece! Has yr passport arrived?
    Valencia sounds fantastic,even the name is gorgeous 💖 and I love hearing about the llittle kittykat!
    SUNNY Wow you are such a busy lady! Your life sounds so full and eventful x
    Well done on packing donations to take to Turkey,so kind. 💚💚
    CARONL Glad youre enjoying yr new togs! And ebay bargains! 👍🏻X
    My positives…
    * I’m not getting on my scales for a while,but I noticed this morning,my dressing gown belt seemed to be tied tighter! Almost felt like i had a tiny waist hehe tho i know i havent!
    * saw a new baby girl today,with her proud young mum and dad,next table to us in cafe.
    It made me happy to see her..her name is Violet and she was wearing a lovely little violet coloured cardigan.
    * My DD and hubby said,what wd we do without you..I go in while theyre in work,dont do much,just tidy round,feed the cat,put the lights on for them coming home…was so nice to feel useful and appreciated.
    XX

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi SunnyB and Yowser, I am late posting, but will still savour some positives:
    1) My 8 month old labrador is now allowed to go on the beach. Yeah!!! Vamos a la playa. It’s only a 10 minute drive, so new horizons are opening up.
    ‘2) My son’s exam went OK this morning. Still find it very difficult to stop hovering – he is only 20 after all…………..!
    3) Cooked a delicious pork chop in mustardy cream sauce tonight. Forgot how nice steamed cabbage was. All in all a tasty dinner.
    SunnyB, I would love to hear how the Ottolenghi aubergines work out. I have a couple of his books, but never get around to cooking from them!

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Hi all!
    My positives:
    *I’ve been lucky to watch some great tennis on TV as I was not working the past few days. I found inspiration in watching Roger Federer yesterday as he was losing his match and was injured – but instead of forfeiting the match he played on and somehow won in a very entertaining match. So – just keep going!!
    *I have made a batch of my “granola” type seed /nut mix, and am enjoying some sprinkled on greek yogurt.
    *Even though I have probably eaten more cals that necessary over the last week or so, I am happy to find that I am still in keto (according to my budget breath analyser). My cupboards are empty of carb temptations ( biscuits, chips, crisps, etc) – so my snacking is confined to dark 90% choc, nuts or cheese – so I think that has helped keep me in keto. Enjoyed small piece grilled lamb and veg last night, and will do the same tonight but with coleslaw.
    koko🌸🌸

• posted by JGwen
    on

I have some positives to report from yesterday.

I went to an all day event on agri-farming. This is where you incorporate trees into the program. I have come away with lots of ideas on managing the hedges so that they generate an income and extra food for the animals.

They asked people to let them know dietary preferences, so I did my keto preference test to see what happened. – They had to ask for information on what keto is ( doesn’t anyone in the catering industry know how to use google to find something out?) Anyway it was too much of an ask for them, they were offering bread, cheese and vegi stew to everyone else. So I said i would take my own lunch. I planned to make mini Spanish omelettes but didn’t have time to prepare, so called in to a corner shop to take something with me. I picked up a bagged salad and a chunk of wensleydate with cranberries. I have never really been one to nibble chunks of cheese before but suddenly find I have a taste for it.

We spent the afternoon on a walk around the farm looking at how the hedges were managed. – Lots of people used to striding out, the first hour was all up hill with just a couple of stops to look at points along the way and I not only kept up with everyone else but also joined in the conversations as we walked. I couldn’t have even managed the walk a couple of years ago.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thank you Yowser, caronl, merry and JGwen for posting here.
    Yowser, it’s so nice that your efforts have been acknowledged, a small thank you can go along way can’t it.
    caronl, I’m sure you furry friend will enjoy games on the beach. The stuffed aubergine was very tasty, but having calculated (belatedly) the cals and carbs, I think it’s perhaps a dish better kept for maintenance.
    Merry, would you be willing to share you seed ‘granola’ recipe perhaps?
    JGwen, it is surprising that not more caterers understand Keto isn’t it? Still, sounds like you made a good choice and really pleased that you got so much from your day.
    1 This morning blessed my corner of the world with clear bright blue skies – first I’ve seen in months I think.
    2 Went to collect grandson from work for a coffee this evening and it was still really light at 5pm. When I collected him after work one evening last month, it was completely dark at that time.
    3 Enjoyed spending sometime with said grandson and catching up on his news. We’ve agreed to get together for coffee again in a couple of weeks.
    Today has felt like a really positive day – hope that’s been the case for you too.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello all I just wanted to pop in with one positive that stands out above the rest on this day that has been really sunny. Also as Sunny has noted didn’t get dark until 5pm ……. so my positive …… saw my first crocus !

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Positives today…
    * Lovely sunny afternoon in the cafe in the park watching the world go by 🌷🌷🌷🌷
    *Don’t get much time with hardworking Dear Daughter,but we will enjoy a catch up over a cuppa
    this evening
    * This isnt really a positive,its a senior moment,but it made me chuckle, which is always a good thing…
    This morning,was having trouble getting my feet into my trousers,then struggling to pull them up..
    …eventually realised it was difficult because i had left my slippers on whilst donning said trousers,so had been dragging the slippers up inside my pants.
    Or at least one slipper,cdnt find the other one anywhere.
    Walked round my home,feeling v uncomfortable,trousers far too tight,and wondering where slipper number two could be. Suddenly realised slipper 2 was stuck behind the waistband of my trousers,hence them feeling so tight! 😄
    I reckon this is one of my funnier senior moments,up there with the time I meant to throw a cup of tea, which had gone cold,down the sink,but instead I opened the fridge door and flung the cold tea into the fridge! XX

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Oh Yowser, reading your senior moments made me feel better about not being able to find the washing up liquid yesterday and finding it on the other side of the kitchen, with no idea when or why I’d put it there. The slipper episode made me smile.
    Verano, thank you for popping in. How lovely to see a crocus. Mine aren’t out yet, but I do have several dwarf iris in bloom.
    My positives for today are …..
    1 A dress I ordered arrived today and although it’s snug, it should fit fine once I’m back to target weight …. fingers crossed. It should be excellent motivation for getting where I need to be.
    2 Actually used the rowing machine today! It has been set up in the spare room again for the last ten days, but this is the first time I’ve felt motivated enough to use it … full credit goes to the dress.
    3 OH arrived home in a buoyant mood, having had a good day working on what has been a frustrating job. He has one more day there on Monday and it will be ‘job done’.
    4 Off for a w/e visit to see our oldest daughter tomorrow – looking forward to spending sometime with her and her partner.
    What was you positive for today … anything you can tell us about?

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Hi all! Well done SunnyB on the rowing machine. And that dress needs to hang in plain view for your motivation boost each day 💃💃💃 Loved your slipper story Yowzer!! Excellent!
    Your farm walk sounds very informative JGwen – and such a boost that the walk was easily done! Hi Caroni and Duckie.
    SunnyB – I have posted the crunch “granola” mix in the Good Eats the Low Carb Way thread today. See link:
    https://thebloodsugardiet.com/forums/topic/good-eats-the-low-carb-way/page/6/#post-121420
    This thread has lots of very good recipes (thanks LuvtCook and many others)

My positives today:
    *I am not working today – so can stay home in the relatively cool house. Predicted to be 43c today!
    *Went to a gorgeous classical concert last night with one of my favourite aunts. Vivaldi, Puccini etc.
    *Made it to the end of January and maintaining pretty well. 👩‍🦱👩‍🦱 I’m finding that as long as I keep an eye on the carbs and aim for a few 800cal days a week I am going ok.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Have checked out the recipe thanks Merry and will be giving that a try next week. I’m thinking it could be a good thing for me to take on our road trip to Turkey, for helping me to keep low carb if I have breakfast.

Positives from me today …..
    1 good journey from Somerset to Kent, to see daughter for the w/e.
    2 the trousers I wanted to wear today fit perfectly, bonus as they had been too snug a couple of weeks ago.
    3 was really mild today and no rain, got away with wearing just a light weight jacket, instead of a winter coat.
    Not sure when I’ll get the chance to post again, as not sure of w/e plans yet. Please do post your positives though. Have a good w/e everyone.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone : Time to post a few positives. I do find my way here eventually !

I had to get up to go in to school for Open Day yesterday but it felt good knowing it was my last one…;-)
    Lots of cakes, crèpes and other cupcakes were on sale as a fund raising venture and they held no appeal for me whatsoever, and that is very liberating. I wish I could resist nuts and choc so easily !

I looked after a little boy this weekend who is struggling at school and managed to keep him motivated to help him with his homework!

I spoke to my 2 sons who are well and happy.

I am cheerfully researching where hubby and I can go for a short break in September …ooh that will feel nice !

My niece had a beautiful baby girl just 2 weeks ago and it is lovely to see her thriving.

My Uk passport arrived very quickly after an online renewal and smartphone photo !

I have researched how to get to our appartment in Valencia from the airport and various other maps and just have to sort packing. It’s an early flight so the roads will be quiet ! 😉

I am enjoying wearing my jeans 😉

Spring really is coming. It has been a mild weekend.We have two daffodils in flower !
    It’s all good 😉

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Some lovely positives there Wendy. Glad your boys are okay and your niece’s baby is thriving. Exciting organising trips away, I’m sure you’ll be enjoying you new post retirement freedom visiting new places.

My positives for the w/e are ….
    1 Lovely w/e visit with eldest daughter. Good to catch up in person and spend time together.
    2 Lunch out today, including oysters …. yum!
    3 Work on our bedroom starts this week.
    Hope you have had a positive w/e whatever you’ve been doing. If you have a moment, please post a positive or two.

• posted by LazyJane
    on

I’m new just joined the thread as need support!
    Sunday 2nd feb. 1. Did some good exercise 2. Had a lovely conversation with a 90+ year old lady 😃3. Enjoyed not feeling too tired!

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Hi Lazy Jane. Welcome. You’ll get lots of support here. Jump in and post on the One Week at Time thread and the monthly thread too Fab February.
    My positives:
    1. I was at work today and avoided the temptation of the chocolate box in the staff room, and munched on a couple of cukes instead.
    2. Made some cloud bread – had a piece at the end of my meal, spread with a little cream cheese mixed with lemon juice.
    3. Went to the physio today, so I am sure I will sleep well tonight with less aches 😀

• posted by SunnyB
    on

LazyJane, just wanted to extend a welcome to the thread and to thank you for posting here. There are quite a few people who use the positives posted on this thread, to give them a boost when things are feeling gloomy. I personally find that consciously looking for positives to post, gives me a sense of appreciation, which is uplifting in and of itself. Hope we will see you posting more positives soon.
    Merry, well done on avoiding those chocs and hope you slept well last night.
    Bit early here, for me to be reporting positives, so I’ll be back later. Have a day packed with positives everyone.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Here I am with some positives for today and they are ….
    1 Lunch out with younger daughter. Great to catch up with news and had a delish salad with roasted butternut, feta and dukkah.
    2 Made some walnut milk as an experiment. It’s pretty good.
    3 Didn’t sleep well last night, but grabbed a little nap this afternoon after daughter left, so right now feeling refreshed.
    If there has been something positive on you day, please take a moment or two to share it with us.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

* Same as you SUNNY,didnt sleep well last night.i’m glad you had a nap,its so nice to do isnt it.
    I’m looking forward to going to bed at nine tonight,very grateful for a comfy bed to climb into.
    * Caught up with a lady i havent seen for seven years! It felt really good to be back in touch.
    * i’m enjoying not using my weighing scales. Have decided to trust myself even more and not weigh food either..ive been a bit obsessive,so this feels freeing. Will see how it goes. Also giving up a lot of ipad time and spending that time being more active and more proactive! 🥰🥰🥰

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello. Have managed to get online so thought I would post. As usual it’s uplifting to read all your positives. As for me ……
    1. Blessed with warm sunshine.
    2. Had yogurt, berries and walnuts for breakfast for the first time in ages. I’d forgotten how ‘clean’ eating this breakfast makes me feel.
    3. Doing my best to stay away from carby foods although I have had the odd scoop of ice cream.
    Stay positive everyone.
    P.S. has anyone heard from sunshine-girl? If you are reading this s-g hope all is well with you.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Good to see you ducking in V, thanks for taking the time. Hope you are having a good trip.
    Yowser, hope you got a better night’s sleep last night.

Positives for today ….
    1 Work has commenced in our bedroom. Currently walls stripped, props in place holding up the ceiling and spare rooms stuffed full of the contents of our room. Plan is to have it close to completion by Monday next week …. fingers crossed.
    2 My ameryllis has two huge double blooms – so big and heavy are they, that it toppled itself out of it’s bowl this morning! Luckily the blooms are undamaged and I was able to plant it into a deeper more secure container with extra soil and supports.
    3 Discovered chaffles today, having purchased a waffle maker in Lidls this morning. Have a feeling the chaffle is going to feature quite often on my menus now and I’m already planning to take the waffle maker to Turkey with us, so I can make chaffles there too.
    Whatever you have been doing today, I hope you have been blessed with at least one positive.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi gang!
    * yes thanks SUNNY,i had a lovvvvvvvely sleep last night! Hope you too?
    * today,driving on the dual carriageway,saw a wonderful display of crocus all along the grass verge in the middle. Just gorgeous!
    * spent the whole day thinking it was the 5 th…just realised its the 4th! Yay! i have another day that i didnt think i had!
    VERANO,I am with you sister!doing my best to keep away from carbiness!
    SUNNY,hope the decorating goes well! Will be so lovely to have a fresh new look!👍🏻👍🏻 Roll on next Monday !
    LAZYJANE,welcome! 🌷🌷🌷
    MERRYMELBA,well done on swerving the chox! X
    WENDY,aw thats so nice,helping that young boy! 💙

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Glad you slept well Yowser, I did okay too thanks. Love the thought of crocus in the central reservation. The decorating is progressing, but it’s been noisy and the whole house seems to be covered in dust!

Positives for today are ….
    1 No rain for the second day running!
    2 OH successfully got the steel beam installed in the bedroom with no mishaps.
    3 Made a yummy batch of crackers.

Please let us know one of your positives if you have a few moments.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Seems to have been a long day, especially as OH has had windows open whilst working on the bedroom project, so it’s been as cold indoors as out. Anyway, regardless here are some positives from me ….
    1 Dry day today, so actually got a little done in the garden. Found 1st miniature daffodil in bloom too.
    2 Very satisfying string of messages with friend in India.
    3 Did a cull and tidy of the pantry area …. long overdue.
    Please let us know what your positives were today.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

* ( SUNNY i feel for you being cold indoors brrrrrr…be worth it tho when you have yr new bedroom!) v cold here but such a nice day as the sun shone all day long
    * saw snowdrops on the grass verges after seeing crocus yesterday! Springs definitely coming folks!woooooohooooo!
    * saw my friend for coffee,home again after visiting family in Oz for many weeks! Great to have her back again xx 😘

Please log in or register to post a reply.