Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Snap on the snowdrops Yowser, I saw a drift of them in the roadside verge today.
    Some quick positives……
    1 bright blue skies and sunshine this morning
    2 bought a blue hyasinth bulb in bud, can’t wait for it to flower and fill the room with perfume
    3 repaired my fav slippers, which will now hopefully get me through the rest of winter.

Have a weekend filled with positives and when there’s time, please let us know what they were.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Just posting a few positives before our trip to Valencia tomorrow . That is a big positive, breaking up for half term and although I have the prospect of an operation when I get back I accept I need to get this last procedure done and I will have time to recuperate. Spring will definitely have sprung by the time I go back to work which means lighter mornings

I have packed jeans and some brightly coloured tops and jumpers and comfy shoes so we can walk everywhere. The weather forecast for Valencia looks very pleasant .

All my marking is done and I will have time to do reports when I get back . I hate it when work builds up so it’s nice to feel ‘ in control’

The house is looking tidy. It’s nice coming back to a tidy house πŸ˜‰

A lovely friend is looking after our cats. Betty is growing …much less kitten-like now but still very sweet, and very naughty !

I managed to get the forms done in time to get onto the electoral register here. Our cards will arrive early March ready for the local Γ©lections . Our first time as official French citizens !

My Kindle is well stocked . As long as I have something to read I am happy !

Oh..and I made myself a brunch of coffee and chaffles today , a treat for the weekend. They are very filling and satisfying.

Wishing you all a very happy Week and I will check back in on this lovely thread as soon as I can xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

My pozzys…
    * enjoyed v much reading WENDYs post above..thanks WENDY 🌷🌷🌷X
    * shopping in town,we always see lots hen parties at weekends..not as many stags..but today we saw a stag dressed as a bride…looked so funny in a very old fashioned satiny wedding gown,and his hairy legs and big boots showing below!πŸ˜„
    The whole party looked like they were enjoying themselves…made me smile and think,how lovely to be young…loads of energy..it was 3 pm …no doubt they’ll still be celebrating into the small hours…
    * very impressed by SUNNY repairing her slippers!
    Sunny,i can barely sew a button on,without it falling off again,so you have my full admiration! πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» X

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, that piece about the guy on full bridal garb made me chuckle! Believe me I’m not great with needle and thread, but think the repair will hold up for a reasonable period.

Positives from today ……
    1 went to DIY store and chose paint for woodwork in bedroom.
    2 picked a little nosegay of fragrant blooms from the garden … violets, primrose and pansy …. which is now in a little vase next to me in the living room, wafting perfume my way.
    3 looking forward to seeing daughter for lunch tomorrow.

Have a lovely evening everyone. To close, here’s a quite from my The Ways of Wisdom book ….
    “Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can.”
    Ralph Waldo Emerson – (1803-1882)

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

*SUNNY thats such a great quote! Love it x
    * and love the sound of yr violets,pansies and primrose!
    *Its these little things…sweet flowers, a quote you can relate to,a thread like this, where likeminded folk understand what we are all doing on this forum…..they help to keep a smile on our faces and joy in our hearts! πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thank you Yowser πŸ€—πŸŒΊ

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

My Positives today;
    * Saw a wonderful new physiotherapist who I think will be able to do great things for my achy neck
    * Went to a glorious 🎻🎻 Beethoven concert this evening – lifted my spirits and was inspiring
    * One the way home – driving over the high city bridge – saw the splendid full moon rising over the cityscape. Joyous.
    Have a positive week everyone 🎈🎈🎈

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

MERRYMELBA,I love yr positives! Fabulous! 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
    My reasons to give thanks today…
    * got a bottle of bourbon today..not for myself I hasten to add..as a bday gift for a bourbon lover,and his favourite brand too! Β£32 reduced to Β£20…BARGGGGGGAIN! X
    * thought it might snow but it didnt! Yay!
    Brrrrr…! I like the snow and making a snowman,but detest when snow turns to ice
    * popped into DDs while they were in work and was greeted by lovely friendly cat,running downstairs and rolling on the carpet to have his tum tickled. Its just cupboard love in his case,most of the time anyway,but it made me smile to see him,and get a cuddle from him 🐯😻🐯😻 xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Merry, nature puts on some wonderful displays that are often quite humbling. Hope things work our with the new physio.
    Yowser, cupboard love or not I’d take it! I do miss having a cat, but we travel too much at the moment to have one of our own.

My positives for today are …..
    1 had a great lunch with daughter and her friend, lots of laughs and BSD friendly food.
    2 video chat with granddaughter, catching up on her news and we’ve agreed plans to do it again next week.
    3 some plug plants I ordered last week have arrived today ….. just need a break in the weather to get them planted in.
    Whatever you have been doing today, hope you were blessed with at least one positive.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Checking in again with some positives. Today has been a bit of a struggle, as I’ve had a headache almost all day …. pleased to say it’s beginning to ease now. Still possible to identify some positives though …..
    1 Took time to appreciate the orchids I have in bloom at the moment ….. 9 in total. I know so many of my positives are related to flowers, but for me they inspire positivity and I love always having flowers in the house … hence my 30 orchids! As well as my orchids to make me smile, OH brought me home a lovely bouquet of sunshine yellow roses today.
    2 Got three batches of laundry done today.
    3 Only 8 wks to our next trip to Turkey!

What positives met you today?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hope ebody has had a great day/ having a great day

* Had.a fab afternoon out today..we had lunch** then saw a movie ( David Copperfield, v v good) then coffee watching the world go by…
    *home now,tired but happy and contented,and knowing i have an easy day tomorrow
    * looking forward to taking a friend out thursday for a birthday lunch
    **PS have to confess,it was a carby ish lunch! πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„ makeup for it tomoz X **
    Hope yr headache has vanished now SUNNYand that you now feel tiptop xxxx

• posted by Gill33UK
    on

Feeling very positive, made it to my new stone zone on this morning weigh in, jeans are definitely baggier, another 7lbs should see me going down a size, hope its in time for my holidays at the end of the month!
    I bought a Waffle maker yesterday so I could try ‘Chaffles’ I made garlic ‘Bread’ just 1 egg, 1/2 a cup of mozzarella, clove of garlic and mixed herbs, fed us both with chilli con carne and was lush. I left out the almond flour and baking powder that were in the recipe as it said you didn’t have to use them and I don’t have any in the cupboard.
    My husband has arranged for my son and daughter in-law to come over on Saturday and the men are doing the cooking for a change, quite a rare event in my house and nice and thoughtful of my other half, will let you know how it goes!
    Starting W5D1 just as positive as W1D1 and 15lbs lighter πŸ™‚

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey Yowser, managed to shake off my headache eventually thanks. How you have a lovely lunch with your friend tomorrow.
    Gill, congratulations on your scales victory, great achievement and you stand a good chance of getting rid of those 7lb for your holiday, just keep on keeping on.
    My positives today …..
    1 quiet and uneventful day.
    2 OH got home a little earlier than usual
    3 got a table booked to go to one of our favourite restaurants, to celebrate Valentine’s day on Friday.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks SUNNY and also Im pleased you shook off yr headache. How lovely to have V Day plans! πŸ’–
    * I too had quiet uneventful – and lazy! – day! Really enjoyed it πŸ¦₯πŸ¦₯πŸ¦₯ Now waiting to watch an episode of a drama Im following on telly,feet up on couch. Living the dream! πŸ˜„
    * Loved listening to Radio 4 today,while having a cuppa,and ive got to confess,a piece of shortbread πŸ˜‹
    A mistake,but it was verrrrry nice! And only one piece,not the whole packet,like in the bad old days
    * some ebay bargains I bid for and won arrived today! Whoooohoo! I love a bargain πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
    Leaving hugs for everyone (((((((((πŸ’“)))))))))

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, just dropping in to say that I love how positive and upbeat you posts are …. really uplifting … thank you😊🌻
    I’ll be back later with some positives from today.
    Have a great day one and all.

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi SunnyB, Yowzer, merrymelba, Gil and all positive thinkers!
    I’ve been a bit quiet lately – I was giving out advice that I wasn’t following myself, and that didn’t sit well. But it shouldn’t stop the positive thinking so here goes…
    1) Completed rainy dog walk. One happy tired dog, and I feel quite smug that the rain didn’t put me off!
    2) Going to UK on Sunday (Storm Dennis permitting), and looking forward to giving my memories photo book to Mum.
    3) Planned and booked our May holiday in Central Spain. We have picked apartments-based accommodation in Madrid and Salamanca, so I should feel in control of eating.

Have a lovely day wherever you are.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Caronl, it’s always good to see you posting. You scenario of “talking the talk, but not walking the walk”, is one that I’m not unfamiliar with, but please don’t let that stop you being part of the forum community. You’re absolutely right about not letting any of that ‘stuff’ block positive thinking. How lovely to have a holiday to look forward to, it always lifts my spirits when I know I have a trip booked and locked in.

My positives for today ….
    1 Spent a good chunk of the day helping my friend in India, with text for the website for his new business.
    2 Trying a new recipe for dinner tonight, so quite excited to see how that turns out.
    3 The second stem of blooms on my Amaryllis burst open overnight.

If you have a moment, please come and tell us what was positive about your day.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

CARONL,I hear you sister! This year,ive been talking the talk but not really walking the walk..fallen off my horse several times already….still trying to get into the right frame of mind..the one that meant i lost 100 lb in a year! I will find it again by hook or by crook and lose the well over two stone i put back on over two and a half years ..gahhhhhhh! Silly me πŸ™„πŸ™„

Oh i do hope you make it to the UK CARONL…Got fingers,eyes and legs crossed for you..and believe me,having lymphedema in my legs,its not easy to cross them but I’m doing it!πŸ˜„
    you and yr mum really need to get together with that memories book X
    SUNNY thank you for yr kind words! Im usually cheerful- except when im trying to get my compression stockings on in the morning..then the air’s blue! Thank you for helping yr friend in India and i hope dindins is a success πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
    My days-delights…
    * A friend sent me a photo of the most beautiful vivid rainbow she saw,while out for a bday lunch with her Mum and Dad today
    * After having lunch with an old friend today,she had to go to work. I felt so grateful for now being a free ranging retiree,able to go home and get into bed for a nap. I felt exhausted! We had chatted ten to the dozen catching up all our news.
    * i wish we could post photos here..im sure in the past we could,and videostoo..anyway today I saw a wonderful picture painted onto a wall..showing planes dropping hearts and the words β€œpositive vibes only. The Peace Movement”.
    Reminded me of the old sixties saying,Make love not war xx πŸ’–πŸ’™πŸ’“πŸ’œπŸ’“πŸ’œ XX

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Yowzer. Your post made me smile. Catching up with friends is a real joy isn’t it? And retirement is fantastically time-rich. I am sure you will knock those 2 stone for six! Discarding 100lbs in a year shows what you can do. Wow.
    I suppose my other positive of the week is that I have agreed with a friend here to get right back on the wagon after my UK visit. We shall do it together. And I have no intention of making life more difficult by going mad in the run-up! Watch this space……
    Sending positive vibes!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Didn’t get around to posting positives yesterday, so thought I’d best be sure to do so today …..
    1 Scales are being kind and I’m actually FEELING and looking slimmer too, which meant that I could wear my jumpsuit to dinner last evening.
    2 Lovely evening out with OH yesterday and managed to keep reasonable control on the carbs too.
    3 It’s looking like I might actually be able to start painting our bedroom next week, as OH thinks he’ll have the structural and prep work finished by end of tomorrow.
    4 Daughter’s sexist boss was sacked yesterday!
    5 Really appreciating being cosy, dry and safe indoors, during this stormy weather we’re being treated to in the SW UK this w/e.

Wherever you are and whatever you’re doing, I hope you’re bestowed with lots of positives.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi gang! Thanks for the kind words and the positive vibes CARONLπŸ’œ and yes,very good idea not to go too mad while in UK. Have a few holibobs treats and occasional goodies with yr Mum when you fancy them,knowing if youre sensible any small gain can easily be kicked to the kerb afterwards x
    Positives and blessings!…
    * i was lucky today in the supermarket..picked up large plastic bottle of bleach,which had a small hole in it,unbeknownst to me,and started leaking out. Fortunately didnt go on my clothes. A girl at the checkout said same thing happened to her and the supermarket paid for a new jacket and trousers,. Thinking about it,I wish it had leaked on me after all…wdnt mind a new outfit for the spring! πŸ˜„
    * looking forward to tomorrow,Beau’s70 th birthday. A meal out (weather permitting) ..nice food and a few drinks..yummers!
    Well, it wd be churlish to carb count on such a special day wdnt it! I just hope Dennis the Menace doesnt put paid to it!
    Keep cosy and dry SUNNY and everyone involved xxx
    *so pleased the sexist pig was sacked SUNNY..that kind of behaviour needs stamping out..women have had to put up with it for far too long.
    And wow,didnt realise yr OH is doing all that work on your bedroom himself SUNNY!he must be a talented guy. πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiii folks 😍
    * i’m feeling tippetty top because its Beau’s bday! He β€˜s a real oldtimer now – drumroll…..seventy! 🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈
    I keep joking that he will receive a parcel of regulation old guys clothing today..πŸ˜„…..flat cap,beige jacket,woolly pullover,elasticated waist slacks,check carpet slippers.
    Only joking,coz I am even older,I’m already seventy years and three months old,so he’s practically a toy boy hehe!
    * Last night,the bonus ball number in the Lottery was 18.. my number!!! πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆ
    ( alas neither my age nor my waist size ) which meant I have won Β£50 in the sweep where i live. I also have same number in the sweep where i used to live…so,a grand total of Β£100.
    My number hasnt come up for about three years,so I am both shocked and pleased.
    * Storm Dennis seems to have passed us by,which Im relieved about,as we’re booked to dine at a restaurant by the river tonight for Birthday Boy’s meal,and I wasn’t looking forward to Billy Wind howling while we ate. XXX

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, your positivity fairly fizzed in that post! Hope your Beau has had a wonderful day and you both have a lovely evening. What great news re: your little windfall …. enjoy. Yes, I’m very lucky that OH can turn his hand to almost anything. Steady progress made today, so I think I’ll be painting whilst he’s out starting
    a job for someone else tomorrow .

My positives today are ……
    1 lots of messaging between myself and several friends.
    2 storm Denis wasn’t as bad in our corner of the country as we’d feared it maybe.
    3 my blue hyasinth has started to bloom. Have so many beautiful flowers in the house at the moment, it’s quite joyful. πŸŽ‰πŸ˜Š

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello all. Just managed to log in so thought I would pop by to say β€˜Hi’.
    Good to hear all the positives from our small band of stalwarts!
    Quick few positives as we start to think about our return to the UK. Had a virus earlier this week, not the β€˜nasty’ one, but the positive is that’s it’s over, gone, in the past!
    2. Had some lovely warm sunshine.
    3. For the first time in over three years I’ve let the BSD principles slip quite dramatically but the positive is that I’m really looking forward to starting afresh. I have been reading Prof. Taylor’s book and it has given me a totally new perspective on reversing Type 2. When I get home I’ll share more on the β€˜Take a look’ thread and start a new topic aimed at those with Type 2 specifically.
    In the meantime lovely to read your posts and get up to date. Look forward to being back on board properly very soon. Stay positive!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

V, lovely to see you posting here. Hope you’ve had a wonderful trip, we’re looking forward to having you back with us.

Positives from me today ……
    1 Lovely sunny morning, such a pleasant change to the constant grey and rain.
    2 Making good progress with the village news sheet for next month.
    3 Made plans to meet grandson for coffee later this week.

Hope your day has blessed you with some positives too …. could we share them please?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Surely I’m not the only one with a few positives to report …. sincerely hope not! Mine for today are…..
    1 Sorted out a birthday present for my Mum, which will now be delivered direct to her in time for her special day next week.
    2 Spent some time editing photos today, one of those things I keep meaning to do, but don’t get around to.
    3 Got two lots of laundry done, so it’s almost up to date for a change.
    Please let us know what positives have appeared in yoir day.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Sunny no you’re not alone! It’s really great that you keep this thread going because without you I’m sure it would just disappear into the β€˜ether’ like lots of threads and posters.
    Anyway to my positives …….
    1. Home safe and sound but very very tired just at the moment. I’m hoping one good nights sleep in my own bed will have me back to top form tomorrow.
    2. Lovely trip with lots of exciting food even though carbs featured too highly at times.
    3. Nice to come home to lots of daffodils in flower ….. there’s nothing quite like an English spring although I know were not quite there yet.
    As an aside Sunny, I was reading about keeping orchids and I know you are very successful. The writer suggested that tap water was poison for orchids and they should only be watered with room temperature rain water. Also only to water when the roots are no longer green but have turned grey. Not sure about any of this but maybe you could share your secrets with us.
    Hope everyone is feeling β€˜positive’ it only takes one bright spot to make a great day.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Good to have you home, Verano. Pleased you had a wonderful trip. Nice
    not to be the only one posting positives, so will look forward to more positives from you now that you’re back. The reason I keep this thread current, is because it does me good to seek out those positives each day.
    Re: orchids, I have been successfully keeping phalaenopsis (moth orchid) for around 20yrs and have some that are probably almost as old as that. I always water with tap water and water when the growing medium is almost dried out, regardless of root colour. This may not be the purists’ modus operandi, but it works for me. Phalaenopsis are surprisingly easy to keep … hence my success … but I have struggled and had limited success with dendrobium, cymbidium and meltonia.

My positives from today are …..
    1 delish fish dish for dinner
    2 nice long chatty email from friend in Turkey
    3 bracelet I ordered for granddaughter’s birthday has arrived phew! … birthday is on Monday.
    If something positive came your way today, please take a few minutes to share it with us.

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Hi SunnyB, Yowzer Verano
    I’ll add my positives before I get distracted.

1 Family time was lovely, I had a lovely time in Ireland
    2 In the photos I have a waist!
    3 When I fly I don’t mind taking the middle seat ; )

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Juts calling by to say hi!πŸ’–
    PATRICIA I love yr positives!πŸ‘πŸ»
    VERANO Welcome back xx sleep well tonight,nothing like your own bed is there!
    SUNNY thats so interesting about your orchids! I wish we could do photos here so we could see.

Not too well at the moment,be back soon with some positives,but am counting my blessings today
    * Lucky enough as a retiree to be able to rest and not have to worry about getting to work when Im having a bad day healthwise
    * Just had lovely hot shower and climbed into freshly made bed ( changed by DD) wearing a long soft old lady type nightie…feels so cosy! Think its called winceyette,not a word you often hear these days! πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
    * All is quiet and peaceful,except for the weather blowing outside. Nothing nicer than snuggling down and drifting off to sleep hearing the rain on the window and the wind whistling outdoors 😴😴😴😴 xxxx

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hi all, I don’t think I’ve ever posted on this thread before, but saw SunnyB’s call earlier today. I do have some positives to report today:
    1. I really do feel like I’m starting to finally get the hang of fasting now. Managed a 24 hour one today with ease (weight was also within a hair’s breadth of being able to report a 5kg discard since January 11th as well!).
    2. Picked up a print that I had framed from the framing place today and I’m really pleased with how it looks and excited to finally get it up on the wall as it has been sitting in a drawer waiting for me to get around to framing it for several years.
    3. Got some good news about hiring an additional staff member at work today. We are only a 3 person team, so a 4th person will increase our capacity by a third!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thank you lovely people, for not leaving me posting on my own here.
    Patricia, family time is precious, glad you had a good time in Ireland and that you can see yoir waist now.
    Yowser, there is something comforting about being cosy on bed, when the weather is storming outside.
    And arcticfox, so good to see you joining on here. I’m sure you’ll enjoy having that print on the wall at last.
    My positives today are ….
    1 Chatty get together with grandson after he finished work this evening.
    2 Although the day got off to a rainy start, we had blue skies and sunshine late afternoon.
    3 The perfume from my hyasinth is wonderful.
    Has been a good day. Hope that has been the case for you too.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good evening!
    Well a good nights sleep, which always helps, so feeling back to β€˜normal’ ……
    1. Scales showed just a really silly gain of just 1.6lbs! Hardly a gain at all given the carbs I’ve eaten and also the temptations of a 17 day cruise!
    2. Friday is a β€˜beautifying’ day, hair and nails, can’t wait. Then out for dinner tomorrow night so a good day all around.
    3. Totally unpacked….. what more can I say! Just laundry to sort out now.
    Hope everyone is feeling positive.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

That was a great result on the scales, V, you must be chuffed. And after today’s pamper, you must feel like a new woman.

Positives for today in my little corner of the world …..
    1 Copy complete, so just waiting for OH to proof read the village news sheet and then I can print it.
    2 Laundry up to date for a change.
    3 Good phone chat with Mum this afternoon.
    What was you positive today?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi positive peeps!🌷🌷🌷
    Well done SUNNY,that feeling of accomplishment when jobs are completed is fab! And VERANO, im glad you managed to enjoy yr hol with v little damage done to the scales x enjoy pamper and dindins!
    * I too had nice sense of satisfaction….sorted out all my cosmetics,toiletries and smellies. Threw out old make up. Tidied everything neatly.Made a pile to go to cat and dog rescue charity shop 🐯 🐈 feel very organised!
    * button on a pair of trousers Ive struggled with for ages fastened smoothly on my waist today! Yahoooo! πŸ’œ
    * Bought treats and toys for doggy I am sponsoring at the Dogs Trust 🐢 πŸ•
    Have a groovy weekend everyone xx πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone !
    I didn’t feel very positive this morning as I woke up feeling very stiff and moving was painful. I felt a bit discouraged until I realised that the pain had been well managed overnight while I was in the hospital and I hadn’t taken any meds for some time.Hubby got my prescription and I have been taking the drugs so feeling much more comfortable.

The abdominal corset I have to wear is snug but not uncomfortable. Maybe I will look smooth and streamlined in a dress too πŸ™‚

So being positive: that should be my last procedure and I can look forward to retirement being in much better health than even a year ago. I have just 4 months to do ….and then no more early early mornings πŸ˜‰

I have the prospect of 2 weeks rest and I do not feel guilty as I am prioritizing my health right now.

Got back from Spain to see that clumps of daffodils had flowered, also our almond tree is in blossom .

Hello V ! Glad you are getting back to normal, and it’s good to see you ! I hope you enjoyed your cruise.

I understand the satisfaction of tidying and sorting, Yowzer but for me that will have to wait for a while πŸ˜‰ Well done , result on the trousers ! Your positives are great and totally unselfish !

Hi Patricia ! Glad you had a lovely family time in Ireland . I know what you mean by feeling boosted by seeing your waist πŸ˜‰ I will have less of a bump on my abdomen too after the op but it has just been put back in place, not removed so the scales won’ t show any drop πŸ˜‰ It’s still a positive getting it sorted though before I had any complications ….eek .

Betty and George (our cats !) seem to be getting on better right now, snuggled up and snoozing on me when I have a rest …very comforting ! Betty hasn’t damaged anything !
    It’s all good !

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Wendleg, well done for finding the positives! Do take care of yourself – particularly pain management. The Dutch can be very stoic about such things – I know paracetamol didn’t do the trick after my hernia op….!

Positives:
    1) Got to and from the UK safely despite some very windy take-offs and landings. My parents *loved* the photobook I had done of early family years. All went well.
    2) Dog may (touch wood) finally be turning the corner after 10 days of illness. A labrador without appetite is a sad thing. πŸ™
    3) Enjoying the arrival of spring in the garden. Amelanchier about to blossom. And some crocuses are still upright. Yeah!

Have a lovely weekend one and all.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Thanks caronl !
    I felt better this morning after dutifully topping up the pain relief ! The French tend to go overboard a bit on the meds. I was prescribed Tramadol which I have no intention of taking so will carry on with the paracetemol and my golden lattes ! I am a bit wary of ibuprofen also. I am a bit less sore and I slept well so that helped for sure.

I even managed a bit of kitchen tidying. Nothing too strenuous

It’s a lovely bright day here and the prospect of sitting out in the garden is very inviting ! Hubby has been getting some pots ready.

Spoke to my boys this morning they are both well and happy . A new job prospect for the eldest is progressing well and that is really encouraging for him. Another lovely thing is that the two brothers are meeting up very soon to spend a week together.

So there are lots of things to be thankful for. I can enjoy my Sunday too knowing that work will have to wait for a while xx
    Wishing you all a great weekend xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks! 😘!
    WENDY rest up and get better xx enjoy Betty and Georges pet therapy! Pets help with healing…sit back and twiddle your toes happily,knowing work can wait!🌷🌷🌷x
    CARONL so glad your folks like the memory book! πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» Sad to hear yr labrador hasnt got an appetite,πŸ™πŸ™
    Hope he picks up soon x
    VERANO,enjoy yr meal out,looking glam after yr grooming session 🌟🌟🌟x
    My pozz’s of the day…
    * Had a nice afternoon up and down our favourite shopping street…and got home just before the weather turned really nasty
    * Got two good books in the Oxfam shop..1.99 each and both good as new. Barrrrrgain! πŸ₯° looking forward to a good read tonight,with trotters up,and a cuppa next to me.
    * Had to smile..cutting thru the cinder path on the way home from the train station,a nice young couple stood back to let us pass and said,Get home before it gets dark!
    Of course,we must look like ( but dont feel like!) two old codgers to them!
    My Beau,in particular,thinks he is Peter Pan! πŸ˜„ and I only feel about 19 on the inside,tho Im realistic enough to know my outside doesnt match! πŸ˜„ xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, well done on buttoning those trouser and enjoy your reading this evening.
    Wendy, really happy you are doing do well post op and hope you’ll soon be fully recovered. Enjoy this extra school-free time as far as you are able.
    Caronl, hope your furry friend will be feeling better soon with appetite restored.
    Positives from me today …..
    1 Printing of the news sheet done – our of the way for another month.
    2 Designed a flyer for a friend’s business, one more to do tomorrow.
    3 Planning candlelight dinner with OH this evening. Prep’s all done so won’t have to spend ages in the kitchen.
    Have a w/e full of positives everyone.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Gosh!I get logged out of here so fast!
    Doesit happen to everyone? Maybe it sthing to do with my ipad πŸ€”
    SUNNY Candlelit dinner!?
    Oh, I just had to come back to say,how wonderful,what a lovely lovely idea! Enjoy every moment of it.πŸ’˜
    I do love candlelight,it does wonders for my 70 yr old complexion! X 🌟🌟🌟🌟

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks Yowser 😊 – soft focus does me a great favour too! πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by wendleg
    on

Oh Yowser you do make me smile ! You are a proper ray of sunshine πŸ˜‰

• posted by Verano
    on

Ahh β€˜soft focus’ helps us all!!
    Wendy good to hear your surgery is done and dusted but don’t wait for the pain before you take medication because it will come! Sometimes we just have to have a few doses of β€˜pills’ to get back to normal. Just 4 months …. wow …. bet you’re counting down by the hour, of even minute to your retirement !
    Sunny I’m there with you candlelight is so forgiving. Enjoy your evening.
    Yowzer you are a breath of fresh air and always make me smile!
    Caron good to see you and yes β€˜spring’ what a wonderful time of the year wherever we are.
    So to my positives for today ……..
    1. So good to have no β€˜roots’ and decent nails again! Although OH thinks my hair is too dark! Anyway that’s his problem.
    2.Have been sleeping like I’ve never slept before! Woke this morning at 10.30am, never heard of, but hey feeling good now. Probably won’t sleep tonight!
    3. Have started my new Prof. Taylor regime, although I’m not using shakes, just very low calorie β€˜real food’ , with the aim of losing his magic figure of 15kg. We will see!!!
    Have a great Sunday!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hope everyone has had a good weekend. Mine was busy, including a small birthday celebration for our eldest grand daughter yesterday.

Positives from today are ….
    1 Got up to another grey rainy day, feeling gloomy. Told a friend I was feeling low and they told me to go for a walk in the rain and sing something silly. What I actually did, was put on a fav track (well 2 actually), crank the volume up, danced like a crazy woman and sang at the top of my voice. Did the trick …. felt so much more positive and upbeat afterwards!
    2 Roasted cauliflower with shawamar spices for dinner this evening and it was delicious.
    3 The scales were kind this week, so I’m in danger of getting to target very soon.

Please come and tell us about your positives … it only takes a minute or too, to help to cheer others on a dull day.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi SUNNY! Aw thats lovely news about you singing and dancing!it cheered me up just thinking about it. A good way to beat the wintry gloom! Oh and great news about the scales being kind πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» Youre such an inspiration 🌟🌟🌟
    * had a coffee in a new place today..everyone there was playing chess,scrabble,cards. Great music on and the coffee was fab. Beat my friend in a game of scrabble and made friends with an adorable little doggy,who arrived in his own little doggy pram! 🐢🐢🐢
    * ooh pancake tuesday tomorrow! Im excited! Deffo having a couple..after all,the Pancake Police come round to check…its illegal not to have at least twoπŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹
    * Reading a really great book,its both funny and a gripping mystery..i love getting absorbed in a story,and know already I’ll miss these characters when I finish the book. The main character reminds me of myself..always thinking she has lost things then they turn up somewhere unexpected…life is full of senior moments like that for me.πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks Yowser … the dancing wasn’t a pretty sight and the singing a bit iffy, but it certainly helped. The coffee place sounds interesting and who can resist a cute doggie! Think I might go chaffles rather than pancake tomorrow … although OH will want the proper thing, so I might give in to one.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi, dancing and singing all sounds great!!! Sunny I keep meaning to ask how you got on with the neck cream?
    Yowzer your book sounds great, and oh! those senior moments, they get to us all!
    I’ve been deliberating about joining in the new weekly thread but on balance have decided against. I’m feeling that the the enthusiasm of the new members, although brilliant, is having a negative effect on me. Keeping my Type2 in remission is still my main objective, I have a test due next month, so I’m doing my best to stay low carb. But I still like to read some of the threads and report my positives…….
    1. The first of the daffodils that my OH planted under a tree in front of our house is finally in blossom. Should be sign that spring had arrived but just had a hail storm!
    2. Learning to live without red meat. I don’t eat much red meat but OH has decided we can live on fish and vegetarian! Well we’ll see how long that lasts. Not even sure it’s a positive!
    3. Have lost my holiday gain of 1.6lb plus a little more so definitely going in a positive direction.
    Hope you’re weather isn’t too horrendous. Just over 4 weeks until the clocks go forward ….. something positive to cling onto on these dark wet nights.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

VERANO You have cheered me immensely!the clocks go forward in 4 weeks! Hurrah!
    ** thunderous applause!**
    And more applause for losing yr holibob gain and more!β˜ΊοΈπŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½
    *just home from seeing Emma at the cinema. Loved it and it brought back memories of reading it at school. I need to check with old school mates..did we do it for O or A level. It was very chilly in the cinema tho..but Beau acted like we had been trapped on a mountainside in a blizzard! He really cant take the cold,but then he has far less blubber on him to keep him warm than I do
    * home now,and thawed out.i wish everybody,and all the animals,had shelter on these dark wet cold nights πŸ™
    V grateful to come in,put heating on,put telly on,get into pjs and dressing gown and….yay!itspancake time πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰
    * also feeling grateful for still having schoolmates from fifty two years ago in my life…we can get together and compare memories of those faraway days as well as chat about whats happening here and now in our lives. Its interesting to see the ways our lives have been different from each other over the years,lots of different paths been trod
    * an extra one today ….bday of the lovely Georgetastic Harrison,wd have been 77 today. RIP dear George,taken too soon πŸ’œπŸ’–πŸ’™

• posted by SunnyB
    on

So pleased you’re sticking with us, Verano. Well done on getting the holiday gain kicked in to touch so quickly. Funnily enough, I have been trying to remember to tell you, I think the throat cream is making a positive difference thanks. It’s definitely going to become a cosmetic bag staple for me now. In fact, I’m looking at adding their eye cream as well.

Yowser, cosying up in PJs in the warm sounds wonderful. Today, we have had a little sun, heavy rain, including some with ice in it and some wet snow too. Made pancakes with chickpea flour and OH declared them as a huge success.

My positives are …..
    1 So enjoyed my crazy dancing and singing yesterday, I gave a repeat performance today!
    2 Defrosted the kitchen freezer and pleased to say there wasn’t much that needed chucking. Just got the utility room freezer to do tomorrow.
    3 Lovely long message ‘chat’ with a friend this evening.
    What was yoir positive today?

Please log in or register to post a reply.