Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Verano
    on

Too early for positives but just wanted to say Sunny I use the eye tight uplift serum and am impressed. I have also tried some of the eye creams but not so sure about them. Glad the neck cream is working!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks V, will give that option a go then.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Looks like I’m first in with some positives today …..
    1 The friend I’ve been helping with his website, has had the first enquiry about his new business. Fingers crossed this will morph into an actual order.
    2 As we have been threatened with snow tomorrow, just in case I did a big grocery shop today, so I can hibernate if the forecast is correct.
    3 Has been a bright (if cold) day. Took some photos of various flowers in the garden.

Hoping to read about your positives, so please post if you have a moment.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks..here are my positives for today
    * Fasting today,havent broken it yet,but will do soon. Havent been hungry after my tumful of pancake last night. πŸ˜‹
    Dunny htings,pancakes, Love them on their special day,but never think about them from one Shrove Tuesday to the next!
    * Feeling v much in low carbing mood! Maybe its coz i was brought up Catholic,Lent begins today,so this time of year its in my genes to give stuff up! Even though ive not been a practising Catholic for many years.
    Now have spiritual rather than religious beliefs.
    Or it could be just reading Wheat Belly and thinking how bad carby wheat is for us. Anyway,whatever it is,I feel in the zone!!! Yayyyyyy,go me! πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„ good to feel RIGHT back on my horse,clip clop,instead of being on and off …
    * DDs next door neighbours are getting a rescue dog this weekend,7 months old,bless him
    Cant wait to meet him,v excited! X
    Love to all πŸ’œπŸ’–πŸ’™

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello. Just want to β€˜check in’ , say β€˜hi’ and scrape the bottom of the barrel for some positives!
    1. Last night I made a chicken casserole with whole pieces of chicken and a mix of leeks, carrots, a parsnip and mushrooms with a bottle of larger and some chicken stock. I added some cannellini beans which I wouldn’t normally do because of the carbs. It was delicious and very filling.. I wouldn’t usually make such a carb heavy dish but there weren’t any processed carbs and it was delicious and filling. The positive is that I think I can/should add a few more higher carb fresh foods to my diet.
    2. Almost got to the bottom of my washing basket ….. maybe tomorrow!
    3…… don’t have a number three today …… hope you have!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Positives are positives and you don’t need 3, V.

Mine for today are ….
    1 None of the promised snow …. yippee!
    2 Had to pop out and noticed some lambs in a nearby field.
    3 The saffron chicken Korma I made this evening was delicious!

If you have any Positives, even just one, please take a moment to share it with us.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hello dear friends
    My little charge is having a break from homework and shower watching Tom and Jerry on TV before he goes to bed so I have a few minutes to post.We are looking after a friend’s little boy for a few days. He is no trouble but needs a lot of help with schoolwork . I have to be very creative keeping him interested !
    So no tantrums….major positive !

I haven’t taken any painkillers today and feel ok. This is Day 8 after my op. The soreness is easing but I can’t imagine myself standing up for long periods and walking about in a classroom just yet.

Hubby is being very patient and considerate while I am not very mobile. I feel lucky to be supported ( it wasn’t so in a previous life !!)

I am managing to get my reports done while I am on sick leave. I will write my last ones at the end of May and then I will never have to write reports again, yeah !!

My two boys are meeting up this weekend. I love that they get on so well . Only 2 years age difference which probably helps.

Weather here is grey and wet but we haven’t seen any snow at all this winter and we are unlikely to now which is a positive for me as I would be very apprehensive driving in it .

I have arranged the appointments for hubby to have a cataract operation ( he can ask our friend about his experience) Hubby always plays down his health issues but I know when to act ! He still gets twinges following his broken ribs but is much better.

Lovely to read all the positives and glad to add a few of my own.

Off to take Freddie to bed now ! xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks!
    My positives…
    * Sunny today,all day…cold yes,but so bright. We enjoyed feeding the ducks and making friends with two dogs,Rupert and Ruby. Then jumped back in the car to get warm and watch people walking round the lake.
    * An audiobook I ordered from the library turned up today! β€œ The Suspicions of Mr Whicher”. Looking forward to putting my earphones on and listening to it when I go to bed
    * Enjoyed a cuppa and catch up with DD at teatime
    Glad you swerved the snow SUNNY and how lovely to see some lambs!
    I dont want to wish my life away but I’m happy that Jan and Feb have passed quickly even tho the weather has been so wet,windy and cold. Roll on Springtime! 🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ps Lovely to read yr positives WENDY! I’m happy to hear you’re getting good support while you’re recovering.
    And that must be fun having a little boy to stay a few days,an excuse to be a big kid and play some games !
    As long as you dont tire yrself out x
    Tell yr hubby,I have had cataract op on both eyes, with several months in between,and all went smoothly. The op itself is swift. The first eye,I no sooner lay down than I was being told I could get up again. The guy who did it looked just like John Denver,which was a bit bizarre!
    Second time took ever so slightly longer coz surgeon noticed sthing else needed fixing,which he was able to rectify while he had the opportunity.
    The aftercare was v simple to follow.
    The improvements in vision was and still is amazing ten years on,specially for my distance vision.
    I used to put my arm out to stop lorries,thinking buses were coming towards me,much to the merriment of other people at the bus stop. πŸ˜„
    Now I can see buses far on the horizon and can read the bus number and destination from quite a way away.
    Only yesterday an old gentleman commented (at the bus stop)’ youve got good eyesight! β€˜ whenI told him our bus was on its way.
    My shortsightedness hasnt worsened at all in the intervening ten years..back then I wore glasses for reading,but only the cheapo ones from Poundland and such places,only need to buy 2.5. size. And that is the same today.
    I’m a real Shirley Sharp Eyes!πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—
    I β€˜m sure yr hubby will have equally positive experiences and enjoy the benefits of cataract surgery. When does he have it done,and is it just one or both eyes?

VERANO,that casserole sounds gorgeous,perfect comfort food for the bad weather! X πŸ˜‹

• posted by wendleg
    on

That’s really useful info Yowzer , thank you. Hubby has never worn glasses but the cataracts are causing seriously deteriorating eyesight . I am particularly concerned about night driving. Both eyes have to be done, and the first appointment is end April, the second one mid May. He is not anxious but is the sort of bloke who has man flu rather than a cold , bless him πŸ˜‰

I am hoping he will be fully reoverd for a trip to the Uk in June.

I suppose one advantage of working is appreciating the weekend ? I wonder how it will feel when I am permanently on holiday !!
    I am looking forward to walking a bit this weekend , even if it is only around our lovely markets. Freddie will enjoy getting out too and having a break from school and homework for a couple of days. There is so much pressure on kids these days ( and that’s a teacher talking !) My boys are very different . They found their field in carpentry and sports marketing but I honestly never put pressure on them . I wanted happy kids not stressy ones.

Wishng you all a lovely weekend xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

WENDY,One thing Iforgot to say,I found the whole procedure before,during and post op completely painless.
    Also I was given a choice of anaesthesia..injection or drops.I opted for drops so spent about half an hour or so before the op having drops put in my eye at regular intervals. Then i walked to theatre,and a few mins later,walked back. Revelation when soon afterwards,the nurse took pad off my eye! Colours immediately looked brighter,everything looked sharper,
    I also forgot to say that the John Denver lookylikey was also American,just to add to the confusion!

My things for today…as always, just grateful to be warm and dry at home in this bad weather, and extremely grateful we have had no snow,no floods here.
    Thought i might just say three favourite things i like a lot as havent many positives to add bc having a lazy day,going nowhere,just twiddling my toes,feet up,reading,looking online ( which are positives in themselves really,they certainly make an enjoyable change)
    1) Bunting! its so jolly and colourful!
    A new sandwich shop near where I live has strung bunting from the shop front to the big trees outside and back again,and it looks so cheerful and pretty.
    I won’t be going in to buy a sandwich tho!
    2) Glitter! I do love plenty of glitter and sparkle
    3) Notebooks..I always have a nice notebook on the go and a pen to go with it.
    Notebook has to have lined pages,as I cant write in a straight line! πŸ˜„πŸ˜„ πŸ’–πŸ’™πŸ’œ
    🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thank you Wendy and Yowser, for posting some positives today. Have a nice outing with your young charge Wendy and I like your idea of identifying general positives Yowser. We shouldn’t forget those little pluses in life.

Positives from my corner of the world are ….
    1 The buds on the lilacs are really greening now and the bigger daffs are beginning to bloom.
    2 Enjoyed a little exercise session today … just s little Pilates mixed in with some other toning, but it felt good to be doing something physical.
    3 To follow Yowser’s example, a general one if mine is taking a little time each day, to light an incense stick and think about those close to my heart.

Have a good w/e everyone and if you have a moment, please come and tell us about your positives.

• posted by Kimeliz
    on

I just love reading this thread, it’s so inspiring so I am jumping in!
    1. The grandsons stayed overnight last night as they do most Fridays. This wonderful occasion was only bettered by the youngest and myself jumping into the ocean this morning and enjoying the waves.
    2. Planning koftas for lunch today. Can’t wait! OMAD today as working from 2pm to 9pm.
    3. We had a great walk and visit to the farmers market this morning, gorgeous fresh produce is now stashed for the week. I’m on a mission to get the weekly supermarket shop down to monthly. I really dislike the stranglehold the big chains have on suppliers and I now feel ready to do my bit!
    4. If the council comes through for us this week, the building of the Forever, forever (long story!) home is imminent. So excited!

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi! It’s the 29rh of February and we won’t enjoy this day again until 2024! So best thing is to take one day at a time and just keep looking for our positives!
    I think I must be really low at the moment because finding three positives today is a real struggle. But anyway I’ll do my best …..
    1. Mmmm! …… difficult ……guess the best I can say is I’m still here posting! Is that positive?
    2. Have lost my way the last few days or so but I know the reason so that’s the positive. I’ve just been eating out of boredom. Is that emotional eating???
    3. No rain today!!!
    Hope the weekend is good and positive for everyone.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Kimeliz, good to have you joining in here. Time with grandchildren is so previous, enjoy every moment.
    V, having you here posting, is most definitely a positive. I guess bordom eating is emotional eating, do you have a way of distracting yourself? May be it’s time to take up a new hobby.

My positives for today are ….
    1 Received three beautiful bracelets through the post, from a lovely friend who crafted them herself.
    2 The scales are still being unusually kind.
    3 Painting in the bedroom is progressing well.

If you have had a positive in your day, please let us know about it. Have a pleasant weekend.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Just popping by v quickly,dinner on table,to say hello xx
    * wow feb29,what a special day.wsh was my bday as i wd only be 17! πŸ˜„
    * Fed squirrels,ducks,birds today and luckily just made it back to the car before the rain and hail began
    * hot dinner waiting for me..yummers..mealtimes are my favourite times! πŸ™‚πŸ™ƒ
    Well 29 feb wont be back for 4 years,so enjoy whats left of it folks!
    Have a happy Sunday, and Love to allπŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’–

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks,hope youre all enjoying first day of March x
    * today i heard about some low carb sausages from Sainsburys..not sure I can say the brand? But they are just one carb per 100g..no idea if nice or not
    * Nice catch up via email w 3 old pals
    * two meals out this week,one lunch,one dinner,BUT have planned ahead and they will both be low carb meals!πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½
    Take care evbody and have a groovy week! 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, Tesco Finest Cumberland sausages are just 1.7g carbs per 100g and they are very tasty. Sure you will enjoy your meals out and that you’ll choose from the menu wisely.

Positives from me today are …..
    1 Really is looking like we’ll be able to move back in to our bedroom at the w/e!!
    2 Found four little bud vases in charity store today, which will go beautifully with the new decor in the bedroom.
    3 It’s 17.28 here and there is still blue sky to be seen.

Looking forward to reading about your positives soon.

• posted by EllieAllegra
    on

Big positive ‘hello!’ to everyone πŸ™‚ This is a great thread and I’m sure will help me stay on track. Here a 3 of my positives:
    1. Today was my first day on fast800 – I feel really good about it and am glad to be making a start.
    2. I’ve read lots of lovely posts on here today – lots of very motivational posts that are very inspiring πŸ™‚
    3. I managed to do 20mins walking today despite being in a lot of pain – I really want to build up my activity levels and was pleased I did some today. I’m excited to see where I’ll be a month from now πŸ™‚
    Sending gratitude to everyone for sharing their journeys πŸ™‚

• posted by Kimeliz
    on

Hi everyone, my positives from the past couple of days are

1. The plans for our upcoming trip to Europe are coming together and it looks like our friends are all going to be in the right place at the right time as we travel so we’ll get to see them all. We shall play dodge the Coronavirus too methinks!
    2. Saw the absolutely fabulous Les Mis recording of the live show at the local cinema on Sunday afternoon. It was mind blowingly good. Alfie Boe was simply the best JeanValjean!
    3. The weather today seems perfect for getting in my steps
    4. We had a family curry lunch yesterday and I easily navigated around the rice and naan bread. Go me!

Kim

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Ellie, glad you are finding our positives useful and thanks for contributing yours. Glad you have made a strong start to your BSD journey.

Kimeliz, we’re planning to be driving across France and Italy in a few weeks, hoping that the coronavirus isn’t going to mess that up. Got my fingers crossed for both of us.

Will be back with positives later.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello again.
    Hope everyone is doing well with a positive frame of mind ……
    1. Came across a great website today developgoodhabits.com Please try and get over the odd adverts because there is so much great stuff. My favourite is β€˜daily goals’ ….. it all makes so much sense.
    2. Made a lovely chicken casserole tonight but left out the carby beans this time! Sent some into an elderly lone neighbour so that’s my good deed for today.
    3. I remember the time when we used to try and do at least one good deed a day. Those days seem far off but we can still try to do at least β€˜one good deed a day β€˜ especially for ourselves. Mine today was to have just two meals today ….. is this the title for a new thread !!!
    Have a good evening.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Okay well as the day is winding down, it must be time to seek out those positives ….
    1 Got around to painting an old African ‘tourist’ mask, as a feature for the newly decorated bedroom.
    2 In a search through cupboards for something else, I found some brand new voile curtaining I had forgotten about, which means we won’t need to buy new ones for the bedroom after all.
    3 Included a little exercise session in my day, which actually didn’t feel like a chore.
    Going to be greedy and note an extra one today ….
    4 Lovely long Skype chat this afternoon with a BSD friend.
    So all in all, for me it’s been a day of positives … how has your’s been?

• posted by EllieAllegra
    on

Hi all, so day 2 is done! Here are some positives from me today:
    1. I made a lovely low carb salad for lunch and savoured every bite. I actually made time to sit down and eat lunch – very different for me.
    2. I had a few cravings earlier this evening but did some walking instead πŸ™‚
    3. I’ve got a busy weekend lined up, including a conference on Saturday but I feel confident that I can make some good choices πŸ™‚
    I know it’s early days, but I’m still feeling very positive that I’m doing something good for my body πŸ™‚

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

ELLIE Congrats on doing so well on your first two days!πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
    Yes its early days,but they can be very productive. You may find you lose quite a lot of weight in your first few weeks,wh is v encouraging,plus you may very quickly start to feel much better in yrself..lighter,healthier,more energy.
    SUNNY So happy you found those curtains! Isnt it a lovely feeling when something like that happens? You find just the thing you need,or a fiver in yr pocket that you didnt know was there!
    Wish we could post photos so we could see yr african mask!its all coming together isnt it πŸ’œ thanks for heads up re tesco snosages.
    VERANO,Thks for the link!it sounds v good,will have a look tomorrow.also,the good deed a day is a great idea..for others AND Ike you said,for ourselves
    KIMELIZ yr upcoming trip sounds exciting!🌟🌟
    My pos’s today…
    * Been to manchester to buy chinese herbs from a professor of ch medicine..hoping they’ll help reduce swellings in my lymphodema legs. No luck as yet after three months but will persevere longer,keeping fingers crossed. They taste vile by the way!
    * Navigated the train trip successfully. I dont know about you,but i find it tricky and scary stepping off trains coz of the gap between train and platform. The guard cheerfully reminded us at each stop to β€˜ mind the gap’
    Never bothered me when i was younger but now Im glad to have Beaus help off the train – and on too
    He tried t help a young woman on crutches but she got on and off niftily despite her crutches. Respect!
    * Was buying chocs from posho choco shop for SIL 40 th and was offered a free sample of a chocolate bunny,which i gracefully turned down. Had a cuppa on train and the trolley lady said wd you like shortbread or biscuit and i was able to say no thank you tho i could really imagine cronching a nice biccy.
    So temptation safely avoided twice today!πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½
    Night night peeps ..sweet dreams. I have read evbodys posts but too tired to respond to all,but well done everyone on finding some positives from yr days xxxxx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, way to go resisting choccie samples. Not sure I could have done so.

Positives for today are ….
    1 Will be sleeping in our own room tonight. The project is not yet completely finished, but is in a state where we can return to our own bed again.
    2 Purchased some finishing touch items for the bedroom …. new rubbish bin, some small ribbon weave baskets and window blind.
    3 Set up a crowd funding page for my friend in India, who is struggling to get out from under debt his former business partner left him with.

What are your positives from today?

• posted by EllieAllegra
    on

Thanks Yowzer and everyone else πŸ™‚ Day 3 has been going well – here are my 3 positives today:
    – I managed to get a load of work tasks cleared which have been hanging about for ages!
    – Some new nail polishes arrived today…all fairy/mermaid/springtime colours so I’m excited to have some ‘me time’ tomorrow!
    – I really enjoyed dinner – beef in a lovely stock with a wide variety of veg….very low carb and within my calories πŸ™‚
    Not done so well on the water drinking front today, but will focus on this more tomorrow.
    Sleep tight all πŸ™‚ xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Good to have you posting here Ellie. Did you have fun with those new nail colours?

Have to say today has been pretty unremarkable, so I’m having to give serious thought to what I can post as positives. There must be some, so here goes ….
    1 A little pampering with some waxing at the salon this afternoon.
    2 Saw a few slivers of blue sky today.
    3 Grandson thinks he did well in his exam today …. fingers crossed.
    Actually, that was easier to find some posirives than I thought it would be. Why not give it a go?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks!
    my positives…
    *Tired but happy after lovely day with sister,daughter,greatniece
    * Saw a gorgeous purple orchid
    * Somebody asked me where I worked today….gratifying to a 70 yr old retiree that someone should see me NOT as a pensioner! Maybe he had poor eyesight! πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
    SUNNY hope you enjoyed yr first night back in yr bedroom last night! x
    ELLIE you reminded me that I too need to pay attention to drinking enough water x

• posted by EllieAllegra
    on

Hi all, so day 4 has seen me have my first food that I’d not made myself…a Turkish takeaway (meat and salads)…but it was very positive as I made healthy choices, had a controlled portion and was completely satisfied! πŸ™‚ Other positives today…
    1. SunnyB – love my new nail polishes and am now sporting gel nails that are irredecent blue green/purple that remind me of dragonflies πŸ™‚
    2. I did indeed manage to have more water today….I just have to try and keep it up!
    3. I had a night off so enjoyed a relaxing evening with hubby and some easygoing TV!
    Hope everyone is doing well πŸ™‚

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

ELLIE I love the sound of yr dragonfly colours nailpolishes!
    My early positives..
    * Its World Lymphedema Day. Hoping there will be some mention on tv,radio and social media for this poorly understood illness. My Gp confesses to knowing little about it,and its quite hard for us sufferers to get adequate treatment,as there arent many specialists out there. This doesnt sound like a positive,but the positive is,we have now had World L Day for the last five years,so things are looking up a bit!
    * Again on the lymph theme, there are no lymphy specialists or even lymph nurses in any of the hospitals near me,so I am seen by a lymph nurse at a cancer hospice. Its a beautiful place and a lovely place to visit,always feeling very aware how fortunate I am that I have an appointment that isnt cancer related.
    * Ok enough about Lympho! Its a sunny day today,and I can have a relaxing day,before getting ready and going out tonight for dinner,carefully planned to be low carb,as was lunch out yesterday.
    Happy Friday everyone! Nearly the weekend…. woooohooooo! 🌟🌟🌟🌟

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi. Wonderful to read all your positives as usual ….. family, flowers, nail polish plus plus and plus! This thread always β€˜lifts’ me and makes me look for my β€˜positives’ , so here I go ………
    1. Was going to have a soup-athon today but have yet to start !!! I have all the ingredients but just need to make a start … I promise I will first thing tomorrow… that’s the positive, especially as my freezer will end up being full of soup ….. great if we are in a β€˜siege’ situation!!
    2. Heating went off last night and ended up with no water for 12 hours but the positive is that we now have hot water and heating again!
    3. Just blessed that we have no floods and can live without fear of flooding.
    4. Bought some new orchids last week and they are beautiful and healthy and I will do my very, very best to keep them that way …… might just need some help Sunny!
    Hope everyone can still find β€˜positives’ in this uncertain time.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Ellie, those nail colours sound wonderful. Well done on increasing your water intake.
    Verano, lovely to see you posting. Glad you got your heating back on and happy to help re: orchids.

My positives for today are ….
    1 Saw some sunshine this morning … didn’t last of course, but at least there was blue sky for a little while.
    2 Been working on the voiles for the bedroom, roll hemming the sides do quite time consuming and still some to be done.
    3 Mirror back on the bedroom wall, windows cleaned, draws turned out, stuff sorted, culled and repacked. Progress continues!

Have a wonderful weekend packed full of positives. Looking forward to reading about some of them soon!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNNY yr bedroom is getting better and betterer! πŸ˜„
    VERANO Did you make the soup? So glad yr hot water and heating back! Nightmare this time of year!
    Today…
    * In the park,saw a field of waving daffs by our park lake..as Wordsworth wrote :-
    β€œ When all at once I saw a crowd,
    A host, of golden daffodils;
    Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
    Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.”
    * Also,watched two dogs diving in and out the lake. It was a joyous sight,,they were having such fun!
    * Did a big shop in Aldi ( other shops available) Grateful for the money in my purse and the goods on the shelves.Grateful too for my packhorse Beau carrying it all for me x

• posted by Verano
    on

Good evening all!
    Sunny sounds like your bedroom is almost complete!
    Yes Yowzer I made two soups today ….. my first positive…..
    1. Made broccoli & Stilton, which I hate, and cauliflower and red pepper which I love!
    2. Tomorrow I’ll carry on with pea soup and Thai squash soup, which I’ve never made before but sounds lovely.
    3. Not cooking tonight …. great! Feel like I need a night off.
    Yowzer are you on the North West? If you don’t mind me asking, but I have a feeling we aren’t that far from each other!
    Have a positive weekend everyone

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, I love daffs and thanks for the quote.
    Verano, I love broccoli and stilton soup.
    Positives from me ….
    1 Lovely evening out with friends last night – delicious food too.
    2 Bedroom curtains are up. Frustratingly can’t lay my hands on the sari length I want to use as a swag top. The hunt will continue tomorrow.
    3 Chandelier ordered for the bedroom.
    Happy Women’s Day everyone.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone !
    Time for a Positive catch up !
    I am back at work tomorrow after my 2 weeks sick leave. That in itself may not sound positive but I tell myself I am in good health, much more mobile than even a few years ago . I have a job, my family are well and happy. I have a lot to be grateful for . This should hopefully be the last procedure I will need. I am lucky not to have any ongoing health issues so that is a major positive.

It will be good to be moving more although I can’t go back to my normal activities for a few weeks yet.

I had a recent hair cut and a bit of a change which is always uplifting as I got my lovely hairdresser to give me a shorter style. I have very thick hair which can look a bit scary first thing in the morning and this makes it slightly more manageable !

My car started this morning after being idle for a few weeks !!

I had an estimation of my pension recently and it will mean financial adjustments but I am sure there will be fewer expenses when I stop work so it will be ok. I am sure our breaks outside school holidays will cost less !!

I have been listening to the speakers on the Kick Sugar Summit this week .It fortunately coincided with being at home with the time to listen. I have heard a great deal of talk about addiction to sugar and grains which is causing me to want to read more. I never stop learning.

I spoke to my boys in Australia this morning and they are both well and enjoying their life, work and pleasure combined !

I will have to have an early night tonight in preparation for my early morning routine but I am looking forward to sleeping in freshly laundered sheets. I have a passion for French linen sheets and collect them shamelessly !!!

Hubby made a delicious fish curry with cauliflower rice tonight.

I just looked at our weather forecast and temperatures are due to rise as the week progresses , with less rain. Can’t wait for bright Spring days but they are not far away .
    It’s all good !
    Lots of love to you all xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Like you, I’m eager for the spring to finally kick in, Wendy. The rain continues for us though, although we did see a little sun this morning, albeit briefly.
    There are some positives to report, despite the miserable weather……
    1 The break in the weather this morning, was enough for me to be able to plant up two rose bushes (task has been pending for a good few weeks!) and prune the other rose bushes.
    2 Finally managed to track down the sari length and roll hem the ends. It is now dressing the window in our bedroom. Really pleased with the effect.
    3 Enjoyed coffee with grandson this evening. Had a good catch up, it’s nice to get a little time together every now and then.
    4 It’s felt like a really productive and positive day, despite the inevitable rain!
    If you have a noticed any positives today, please take a moment to share them with us.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks! πŸ’œVERANO,YES! Im in the NorthWest!how did you know!
    WENDY Hope work went well..youve got me thinking now about french linen,is it soft and smooth?where do you buy it!
    Wd like a really nice new set
    I cant bear bedding that goes bobbly! Grrr..one of my pet hates!
    SUNNY! Sopleased you found a suitable sari..you sound so creative. Is IZZIE still on here somewhere? She was v creative too
    My positives…
    * Went to see a film this avvo..Parasite..first half v good,second half too violent for me,but a great film nevertheless.
    I love being in the cinema,if I watch tv at home,Im always thinking,hmmm those dishes need doing/ I should tidy my bedroom etc..in the cinema I forget it all and totally relax!
    * We had a cappuccino afterwards,and had a good old chat and a laugh. My friends mum often gets her words mixed up,once asked for a cinzano ( cappuccino) and a chipolata ( a latte) πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
    * Look after da pennies and da Β£s take care of themselves! got a nice big seedy loaf reduced to 39p…not for low carb me I hasten to add,will go in DDs freezer for their useπŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

• posted by EllieAllegra
    on

Some great posts on here! So after a couple of days of working away I have been back on fast800 today – here are my positives:
    1. Getting back into the fast800 today was much easier than I thought, despite me having a difficult day pain wise.
    2. My mobility has been bad today but my lovely hubby sorted out shopping and a low carb dinner tonight πŸ™‚
    3. I think I’ve probably lost a little bit of weight – will probably weigh in at the end of this week but my jeans feel looser πŸ™‚
    Looking forward to a positive week – good health to you all! πŸ™‚

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Well the thing was, Yowser, I knew the sari length was in the house somewhere, just couldn’t remember exactly where, as I bought it in Little India, Singapore about 10yrs ago!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNNYB thats just like the voile isnt it,away somewhere then pops up when needed!πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
    ELLIE isnt that the loveliest of feelings,when things get looser.i always think,so much nicer than a chocolate,or slice of toast etc and lasts longer! I hope yr aches and pains are less tomorrow x
    Night night everyone,sleep sweet 😴😴😴😴

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yes Yowser, in this house things seem to manage to dematerialise and reappear when needed!
    Positives for today from my little corner of the world …..
    1 Went through all my shoes and boots, threw out a couple of pairs and put a few pairs aside to go to a charity shop. Currently my shoe cupboard is nice and neat …. sure I’ll be buying more though, so it’s unlikely to stay that way!
    2 Made saffron Korma with turkey this evening and it was yummy.
    3 Day was much drier than expected, which was a nice surprise.
    What was your positive today?

• posted by Verano
    on

Good evening!
    Well my soup making is still continuing. I made a Thai butternut squash soup yesterday and WOW! I’ve never made it before but it’s fabulous, slightly carby but lush! There’s a link to the recipe on the soup thread.
    So that was my first positive for today.
    2. Today I made pea soup, so if all else fails we have enough soup in the freezer to keep us going for weeks!
    3. Sort of self isolating at the moment because my immune system is shot and must admit starting to get a bit bored! Anyway a pile if ironing to be done tomorrow so I need to find a good box set or film on catch up on.
    Yowzer I β€˜guessed’ you were in the North West … lots of talk of the Beatles, a lake with a host of golden daffodils, although I’m sure there are many lakes with daffodils around and about. Just struck a chord with me!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks!
    * Dry and not too cold today! And sunshiney..yayyyyy! Enjoyed being out and about,called in to say hello to several of our local independent shopkeepers.
    * Havent yet had dindins, so am looking forward to eating pretty darn soon!πŸ˜‹ always happy when food is forthcoming hehe! Only a light meal because….
    * ….Going to bed soon after eating. No sleep last night,so am hoping tonight I will just drift into a deep and dreamless sleep,far far away in the Land of Nod!
    VERANO,yes indeed,am from the Land of the Beatles! Are you anywhere near?
    I wanted to pm you but the lovely JJ in Tech dept said not poss xx
    Hope you feel ok soon ( re self isolation,yes try n get cosy with a film..talking pictures channel 81 freeview show some watchable oldies. And bbc 1 have been doing a new Moving On series,a new story every afternoon,about 2pm.. Not sure if its still on this week,it could be,but if not you could watch last weeks five stories on iplayer xx)
    🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼

• posted by EllieAllegra
    on

Hi everyone, so here are some positives from today….it’s been a long day!
    1. Was able to walk outside for a bit and although I’m struggling with some pain I enjoyed seeing all the lovely hyacinths out that we planted last year πŸ™‚
    2. I threw together a slow cooker curry for dinner with some cauliflower rice – low carb and tasty….and only one big pot to wash up πŸ˜‰
    3. I’m looking forward to a very busy day tomorrow – I’ve not been able to do much since Sunday so will hopefully be able to crack on tomorrow (I like to keep busy!).
    Hope everyone is doing well…I’m excited to see how different I’ll feel a few weeks from now! πŸ™‚

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi SunnyB! Sounds like Kindred Spirits right now! My wardrobe is getting a cull. Everytime I put something on which isnt “the new me”, uncomfortable BEFORE i step put the door . . . a little shabby-looking – (even if a fav) – not able to be worn with several other items, it is being carefully folded and farewelled . . . The ruthlessness is SO hard. Ive lived a life of frugality – and passing things on is he reverse making things work and being prepared . . . Given I did this exercise several months ago and havent missed ANYTHING – (nor could tell you WHAT was previously donated!!!) – Im not so fearful of the pain this time around!!! Given throughout summer when drying clothes was so difficult due to the heat, fires and smoke and staying elsewhere when threat was eminent . . . I mostly wore a long(er) cotton jersey knit T’short nightie type of garment. I KNOW I can do without so many things stuffed on the wardrobe!!! Ive bought some gel innersoles to maybe rescue some special shoes – plantar fasciitis – which can be so meddling – means shoe stalking is tedious and when you get SOMETHING comfortable . . .? you preserve it at all costs!!! Ive been asked to give my baby jackets and beanies a break as the hospital they are donated to is now well stocked thank you – πŸ™‚ . . . the question was asked, and request was made – “do you knit bears” – “would you mind – as we are desperate in the emergency dept for distressed children to have “someone” to hug while they are waiting/treated”. A few weeks on – (these can be fiddly and a little tedious to make but when done!??? and a character has been created . . .? SO REWARDING!!! As they also attend traffic accidents, and other emergencies, Rural Fire Service guys have two – their name was RuFuS, then for the hospital delivery next week, I have Pockets, Daisy, Penny Pigtails, Ozzie and another “friend” in progress. Until they have faces and are dressed . . . they are nameless. The finishing touches designate their “name” to match the personalty! Cooler weather is welcome . . . lavender is growing out of season and needing flowers cut, bunched with purple and mauve ribbons enhancing the colour, before being then suspended upside-down from the sunroom curtains to hang and dry – this time may take a little longer than usual . . . (I usually cut in October and they are ready to gift or exchange those in the house by Easter – roundabout figures of time) – the heat of summer works its magic. No such natural heat and drying process in winter πŸ™‚ Maintaining BSL’s – not concerned about weight – dont own scales – and as for shape . . . well Im letting nature just take it/him or her course. If it aint broke dont try to fix or change it is good advice. KOKO:) Quack Quack all from Duckie!!!

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

It’s sunny here on this thread!
    My positives are:
    1. I’m perfecting my wholemeal chia sourdough loaf with lots of fermented goodness and omega 3. Tastes great even when it doesn’t rise but today’s bread has the sourdough “ears” so I am anticipating good things.
    2. I notice that in my favorite restaurant the waiter cheerfully is wiping down surfaces with strong bleach while I wash my hands before eating and on returning home.
    3. My size 14 jeans are slipping down my hips when fully fastened. I need to go shopping!

• posted by Verano
    on

Good to β€˜see’ you WoodDuckie!
    Yowzer I guess we are pretty close to each other. I’m about 10 minutes drive from the lake and the daffs!!! At one time there was a BSD email address but I don’t have it. Think it might have been BSDangels…..??? Help someone?
    Anyway I do have some positives today. Patricia1066 glad you are finding this thread β€˜sunny’ we try so hard to stay upbeat no matter what…
    1. Making cardamom butter chicken tonight. It has been so much work I just hope it’s been worth while! Will report tomorrow!
    2. All this cupboard clearing makes me think I need to get on with a spring clear out. I didn’t get around to the ironing today but maybe I should have a β€˜throw out β€˜ first, might just cut down on the ironing.
    3. Grass cut today so the garden is starting to get itself ready for spring…. I love the spring …. just 18 days till the clocks spring forward. WOW the winter is almost over.
    Stay positive…….

• posted by SunnyB
    on

V, cardamom is one of my very favourite flavours, hope your chicken turned out well and if So, please share the recipe.
    Likewise to you too Patricia, chia sour dough sounds very tempting!
    Duckie, good to see you eith us again and we’ll done on all that knitting.
    Allie, glad you were able to get out for a while today and enjoy some spring flowers.
    Yowser, seeing the sun even briefly, makes such a difference doesn’t it.
    My day has provided plenty of positives …
    1 This morning was just like a real spring day and I was able to open up the top of the stable door to the kitchen for the first time this year.
    2 the fine weather meant I was able to get out in the garden to fed and spray my roses bushes, as they are starting to grow quite vigorously now, one of the climbers even has a couple of buds already.
    3 The chandelier for our bedroom arrived today and I spent about 2hrs putting the droplets together. Really pleased with it, it’s going to be very sparkly and beautiful!
    4 Cleaned the washing machine and got two batches of laundry done as well.

Hope your day has brought positives a plenty… do tell!

Please log in or register to post a reply.