Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiiii folks,hows everyone? DUCKIE I find gel insoles really do help with PF.loved hearing about the lavender and the teddies,sooo nice to read! X
    SUNNY OH gosh,you have such patience working 2 hours on the chandelier! You really do deserve this new bedroom,you have put yr heart n soul into itX
    wow PATRICIA! Isnt that just the best feeling..yr jeans slipping down! Get shopping,girl!
    ELLIE are you ok after yr busy day?
    My possys..
    * Well it looks like me and VERANO could be neighbours! That wd be very nice!๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽ‰
    And what a coincidence ….Verano,if its the same park and the same daffs, i live about ten mins away too..tho I suppose it depends which direction…i am about ten mins away heading towards the cricket ground.
    * had my hair washed and blow dried,a lovely treat,and always have a laugh and a good chat with my h/ dresser
    * Bought trousers today. Size 16. I had got down to a 12…but heck,the day in July 2016 when i did my first low carb day ever,I could barely squeeze into a size 24,and nothing I owned fitted me!

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavant…โ€œMay all beings everywhere be happy and free.โ€(Sanskrit Mantra)

ยธยธ ๐Ÿ*โ€ข.ยธ๐ŸŒผยธยธ.โ€ข*ยจ๐Ÿฆ‹ยจ*โ€ข.ยธยธ๐Ÿ’žยธ.โ€ข*โ€ขยธ๐ŸŒฟ.โ€ข*ยจยจ*โ€ขยธ ๐Ÿ*โ€ข.ยธ๐ŸŒผยธยธยธ ๐Ÿ* ๐Ÿ*โ€ข.ยธ๐ŸŒผยธยธ.โ€ข*ยจ๐Ÿฆ‹ยจ*โ€ข.ยธยธ๐Ÿ’žยธ.โ€ข*โ€ขยธ๐ŸŒฟ.โ€ข*ยจยจ*โ€ขยธ ๐Ÿ*โ€ข.ยธ๐ŸŒผยธยธยธ ๐Ÿ*

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi all! Enjoyed reading latest posts . . . Yowser . . .? (just a thought . . .) – Perhaps you could make a time and particular easily recognisable spot down by that daffodil lake and meet for a chat . . .? That would bypass the formalities of exchanging emails. Found a bag of yarn in the charity shop I frequent. It had one 9″ square already done and another half done. Ive finished it stitched them together, added facial features (of sorts!!!) – which has turned into an odd “being” with crocheted feet, ears and hands! Just so much fun for some little one in crisis!!! Water restrictions lifted, I washed down the outdoor furniture yesterday . . . yuk brown stuff – mixture of soot, smoke and red dust. All looks SO much more inviting now. Downside? more mosquito bites . . . high on my thighs this time and SO ITCHY!!!!! . . . MILLIONS of the blessed things breeding profusely after the long dry spell. Confimed today Ill be going away with my eldest son again (for a work related journey. Gets me away, gives his company on this LONG(er) journey and as it is nearby to where my longtime friend is in fulltime care . . .? an opportunity to visit her – when such wouldnt normally be possible. OVercast again today . . . still . . . and so quiet one could be forgiven for wondering what is on its way!!! . . what is Mother Nature cooking up for us NOW!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ Glad I dont have solar power . . . even the garden lights arent getting enough sunlight to charge up. Happy days and great news on the 14 jeans . . . had the same problem earlier this week and while I still think I have a larger tummy than this time last year its obviously not!!! Love my long skirts in winter . . . so will worry about the jeans after that ๐Ÿ™‚ From Downunder . . .? Quack! Quack!

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning! A little early for positives but yes Yowzer looks like we are neighbours! I know the cricket ground although Iโ€™m 10 minutes in a different direction!
    Sunny your bedroom sounds lovely. Bet you canโ€™t wait to move back in.
    I made the chicken last night and it was very nice.
    https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/cardamom-butter-chicken
    I think the dry spices need a little longer than 2 minutes cooking out and the cardamom seeds should be removed from the pods and the pods discarded. The recipe isnโ€™t very clear on that point. Would I make it again? Yes if I had lots of time! if you have any good chicken recipes Iโ€™d be delighted to see them.
    Have a positive day…….

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Verano, I like the sound of the butter chicken dish. If you have homemade chicken stock, make it a wonderful warming chicken soup by adding Worcester sauce, dark soy sauce, garlic salt, cayenne pepper, Thai fish sauce to your taste and slices of ginger (you should probably fish those out as they would overtake all other flavours). Cook vegetables like carrot batons, mushrooms in it. Serve with fresh spinach leaves in the bowl. They wilt in the soup and give great texture, low carb substitute for noodles.

My sourdough bread is still in the course of refining. I watch Bake with Jack on YouTube for ideas on how to adapt recipes to my kitchen temperature, my oven and my ingredients. Oh and my timing, as sourdough can be temperamental over certain parts of the process. The beauty of it is that you always get an edible loaf but it’s an experiment.

The ingredients for my chia loaf are
    100g rye starter
    200g white bread flour
    9g salt
    200g wholemeal flour
    50g chia seeds

Total water 600ml (300ml to mix with chia, 300ml into flour and salt)
    Add water and chia seeds and allow to form a gel over an hour.
    Mix starter, flours, salt and add chia gel. Add water until the mixture becomes shaggy and sticky.
    Follow your usual sourdough procedure to form the dough.
    Place into 2lb loaf tin, 250C with steam for 20 minutes, release steam from oven and bake at 230C until a skewer comes out clean. Last time I turned off heat after 30 minutes, and I left the loaf in oven while it cooled down.
    The chia seeds absorb water and keep the loaf moist – great for toasting.

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

I’m new to this thread and i think its great.
    WoodDuckie – your posts make me smile, love the creative things you are up to. Completely heartwarming!!

Verano – I made a new chicken dish last night, kind of a chicken, broccoli and cauliflower bake. Browned chicken, peppers and onions and a touch of chorizo while i part boiled cauliflower and broccoli. I made a sauce from garlic and herb philly, bit of milk, bit of Parmesan and some cheddar. Combined it all and put in in a single portion baking dish and baked for 30 minutes. It was pretty good.

Like trying to think of positives….
    – sat on my young horse last 2 nights for the first time in weeks, he’s very nervous and im delighted he let me on without any worrying
    – husband is currently being supportive of the eating plans, he finds it hard as he likes to eat although he is slim.
    – feeling up beat at work and ticking things of my list.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

WelcomeWINDYJULZ, its good you have supportive hubby,makes life easier,and how lovely to have a horse!i only have my imaginary one that I falloff when I overeat then I clamber back on again!
    Positives today ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป
    * Whhhooooooo….. its windy.quite glad of my extra weight today as even chunks like me are nearly gettin blown over.
    VERANO,when weather better and if we not in lockdown,maybe we could meet in town for a coffee ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™ƒ

* Despite the cold n wind,its sunny and bright,and Im sitting out on my balcony for the first time this year. Very well wrapped up and can barely type with thick gloves on,and wont be out long, but its nice!

* Got a surprise in the post today. My nephew sends me a book every now and again,bless his heart!๐Ÿ’–

Happy Thursday everyone..two minutes ago,it was Sunday..where does the time go? Xxx

• posted by Verano
    on

Good evening!
    My goodness I think this thread is coming into its own at the moment …. we all certainly need to find the positives.
    Sunny not sure about your trip in a few weeks especially as you were planning on driving through Italy. We have a cruise booked for mid June but 50% of the ports of call are in Italy! We can cancel but will just hold on and see what happens.
    Welcome WindyJulz and thank you for your chicken dish. I love chicken and cauliflower and broccoli …. but …. not a fan of garlic cheese! Iโ€™m sure I can adapt the recipe though.
    Patricia I do make a chicken soup similar to yours but with maybe not quite as many ingredients. I had forgotten about it so thanks for the reminder.
    WoodDuckie, good to see you back on form again. Letโ€™s hope the mossies stop biting soon! They love me too! There only has to be one in a crowded room and it will seek me out ! I use Tiger Balm, itโ€™s brilliant.
    Yowzer, when we are โ€˜freeโ€™ again, coffee sounds good!
    Thanks everyone for your positives as usual they make me smile. I canโ€™t add any just at the moment but will as soon as I can.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

So delighted to see so many posts appearing on this thread.
    Like you, Verano, we are just keeping an eye on things. We are lucky, in that we can take a fairly last minute decision on our trip to Turkey. Hope things will settle in time for your cruise.
    Duckie, glad things are looking up now that the wild fires have abated …. mossies notwithstanding of course.
    Yowser, how lovely to get something exciting in the post, instead of bills and circulars.
    Loving the exchange of recipes. I do an oven fried lemon chicken with chicken thighs (skin on).
    Dust them with a low carb flour (I usually use chickpea) which is seasoned with s&p and at least a two of sweet paprika. Put oil and butter in a pan and allow to melt tog in the oven, then place the chicken skinside down in the pan and cook for 30mins.
    While this is happening, mix tog zest and lemon juice with crushed garlic and soya sauce. Turn the chicken over and pour over the sauce, continue to cook until skin is crisper – approx 20mins.
    My positives for today are…..
    1 Some sunshine today again. (Best to ignore the showers of torrential rain!)
    2 Planning a cosy dinner for two tomorrow evening.
    3 Lovely long message thread with friend in India. WhatsApp is wonderful!!
    Whatever your positive was today, no matter how small, please tell us about it.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

So delighted to see so many posts appearing on this thread.
    Like you, Verano, we are just keeping an eye on things. We are lucky, in that we can take a fairly last minute decision on our trip to Turkey. Hope things will settle in time for your cruise.
    Duckie, glad things are looking up now that the wild fires have abated …. mossies notwithstanding of course.
    Yowser, how lovely to get something exciting in the post, instead of bills and circulars.
    Loving the exchange of recipes. I do an oven fried lemon chicken with chicken thighs (skin on).
    Dust them with a low carb flour (I usually use chickpea) which is seasoned with s&p and at least a two of sweet paprika. Put oil and butter in a pan and allow to melt tog in the oven, then place the chicken skinside down in the pan and cook for 30mins.
    While this is happening, mix tog zest and lemon juice with crushed garlic and soya sauce. Turn the chicken over and pour over the sauce, continue to cook until skin is crisper – approx 20mins.
    My positives for today are…..
    1 Some sunshine today again. (Best to ignore the showers of torrential rain!)
    2 Planning a cosy dinner for two tomorrow evening.
    3 Lovely long message thread with friend in India. WhatsApp is wonderful!!
    Whatever your positive was today, no matter how small, please tell us about it.

• posted by EllieAllegra
    on

Hi all, hope everyone is doing well ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve had another busy day today but have a few positives to share:
    1. I had a lovely chat with a friend of mine – she was asking how I was doing with the current coronavirus state of things as she knows I’m in a high risk group. Was very thoughtful and lovely to speak over the phone instead of online ๐Ÿ™‚
    2. Had a good chat with some workmates who had been struggling and managed to cheer them up! ๐Ÿ™‚
    3. Had a nice evening relaxing tonight after a long day. Chilling with hubby watching some TV ๐Ÿ™‚
    Almost the weekend too! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Guys,

So far only one group have had to cancel their booking for their holiday let. – It was a family group with people travelling from around the world, including a couple of families from Italy. At present all the other bookings seem to be going ahead (crossed fingers)

I have been busy working with other large holiday let owners today putting together a social media thread to help school and other groups who have had to cancel travel plans for international trips find last minute bookings.

At the same time, small positives, I noticed a split in my wellies before walking in deep mud. – So still have clean socks. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

My positives are
    1. Using the Drink Free Days app has kept me from finishing the bottle of win for two weeks. My personal pledge is to have at least three drink free days every week.
    2. Chatting on WhatsApp and watching my niece’s toddler play on the slides in a video today.
    3. Aubergine Thai red curry. ๐Ÿ˜€
    For everyone who loves reading about food this is for you!
    Sliced aubergine, mushrooms, cooked carrots (anything that can be reheated over 10 minutes in the curry sauce will be tasty.)
    Curry base:
    1. ginger chopped fine, garlic, onion, chillies, mushrooms, olive oil.
    2. Add vegetables and or meat and coat with garlic ginger flavoured oil. Cook until browned careful as the garlic may burn.
    3. Add red curry paste, lemongrass, soy sauce.
    4. Add chicken stock and coconut milk. Thai fish sauce is great too. Fresh coriander is a traditional addition but many don’t care for it.
    5. Cook for at least 10 minutes and serve with salad or spinach leaves.
    Enjoy!

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

JGwen, you are so quick off the mark! I think holidays in our own country will be very popular this year. I planned two holidays abroad and expect to cancel them due to the difficulty and unknown situations that international travel present.

• posted by Verano
    on

Saw this today and thought โ€˜what a great piece great of adviceโ€™ ……
    Donโ€™t stress about the future. All you can control is the here and now. Make the most of it …….
    Take care and keep safe….

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hello everyone xxx
    Wise words VERANO,specially in this bewildering time we seem to have suddenly found ourselves in! X๐Ÿ’–
    Positives for today…
    * Spending time with my grand-cat,nearest thing I have to a grandchild,while my DD and SIL are away for his 40 th bday and for a friendsโ€™ wedding. Feel so sorry for friends as they have had to cancel their honeymoon trip.
    Im having a lovely time with my plushy furry squeezy purring four footed baby tiger ๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…
    He has brought me a big piece of rubber as a gift ( I think he thinks he is hunting snakes,he always brings in long pieces of rubber or plastic)
    * V grateful that I havent been presented with any poor little mice (so far anyhoo )
    * There was a doggy meet up day held at the park today..so many lovely happy pooches with their proud guardians.๐Ÿถ
    ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒŸ

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Great quote V, we really do need to remain in the moment, as we can’t influence the unpredictable situation regarding the virus sweeping the world.

Positives from me for today are ….
    1 Very pleasant evening with OH last night. Cosy candlelight dinner, a very good bottle of wine and a great conversation.
    2 An amazingly long lay-in this morning. Got up around 5.30 to go to the bathroom and must have fallen deeply asleep once back in bed, ‘cos I didn’t wake up again until 09.40!
    3 Made some yummy cauliflower and stilton soup to use up the scrappy bits of cauli leftover from my current obsession with roasted cauli.

Hope you are all enjoying some positives this weekend and will find time to tell us about a few of them soon.

• posted by caronl
    on

1) Lovely walk in the woods this morning. Almost more woodpeckers than fellow dog-walkers, but could enjoy the spring wild flowers and blackbird song.
    2) Grateful to various airlines that I can change flights to UK and holiday in Spain without extra charge.
    3) As choir and concerts are cancelled, museums and galleries shut etc etc, realise even more how much I enjoy my way of life usually! Thank goodness the woods and beaches are staying “open”. I am now trying to plan the extra time at home for a huge declutter. Just need to get the OH on board…..

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Good to see you here Caronl. You are right, think we are going to have to look to the outdoors and individual pursuits, to help us through these uncertain times.

Didn’t get here yesterday, but I definitely have some positives to report today ….
    1 A whole day of warm spring-like sunshine and clear blue skies.
    2 A good gardening session, which permitted sighting of a few honey bees and a peacock butterfly.
    3 Lovely lunch out with OH, daughter and her fiance, to celebrate her birthday.
    It’s been a very pleasant and uplifting day, despite the crazy uncertainty that is encompassing the globe right now. Please tell us about your positives today.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks! Keep calm and keep smiling x
    * Its festive here,as despite the gloomy news,itsSILs 40th bday,so this is a quicky before going over with prezzys ( they only live across the road) ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽˆ๐Ÿ’–๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽˆ๐Ÿ’–
    * Still out n about tho being careful,avoiding crowds etc. Making the most of it before i get locked down,being 70 and with poor immune system
    * Half looking forward to a lockdown,tho not taking the reasons behind it lightly,as opportunity to have a deep deep declutter,including the โ€˜ glory holeโ€™- a cupboard that really needs pruning!
    Strange times we live in,have you ever known such a tIme before,when absolutely everything is beyond our control.
    All we can do is be good to each other and look out for one another and stay positive xx ๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi everyone, yes strange times indeed. As part of the โ€˜baby boomerโ€™ generation it seems odd to suddenly have my โ€˜wings clippedโ€™ but there are still positives in life …..
    1. Delighted that I stopped smoking over 20 years ago. I was out today, just in the car, and was stunned at the number of people who came out of the supermarket and โ€˜lit upโ€™. Oh dear! that wonโ€™t be helpful.
    2. As you say Yowzer now is the time for that โ€˜declutterโ€™ and we have so many drawers, cupboards etc. that all need a good clear out. Lived here for 9 years and never decluttered …. now is the time!
    3. Thank goodness for jigsaws!
    4. Just glad we have a roof over our heads and the bonus of a garden ….. may come in very handy over the next couple of months!
    Have to have just one more ……
    The world may seem to be on the brink but saw several magnolias just about to bloom ….. there is always something positive find in life, if you look far enough.
    Take care and stay safe.

• posted by EllieAllegra
    on

Hi everyone – I think at times like this trying to find positives becomes even more important, so here are a few from today:
    1. The sunshine was beautiful today and most welcome after the damp and gloomy weather of late.
    2. Whilst working from home today, I have watched my two cats happily stretching out in every patch of sunshine streaming on to the carpets….moving into different rooms as the sun changed.
    3. We cooked a lovely dinner this evening and I actually had time to sit down and appreciate it as normally I’d then be going back out to work.
    Lovely to read all your positives ๐Ÿ˜Š Sending happy, healthy vibes to you all x ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒป

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hi everyone,
    Just popping in to record some positives from my day:
    1. Got out for a short but lovely head clearing walk in the sun with a work colleague at lunch.
    2. Work was very quiet today, so I got quite a bit of important stuff cleared off my plate. Was able to keep a lot of social distance as well given that there were not many people there and they were doing the same. I did manage to shoot the breeze with a few colleagues at the end of the day from a safe distance. A lot of people are already choosing to work from home (including one who I had a skype meeting with this afternoon who is working from the shed in his back garden! And yes, it is actually a shed, not a fancy back garden office. It does have heat and electricity and wifi, but that is all you can say about it!)
    3. It seems likely that we could have border closures and supply chain issues down the line, so given that it has suddenly warmed up, I planted some veggie seeds this evening. It felt like a very positive thing to do, both from a practical standpoint and from an enjoyment perspective. I will have around 200 lettuce plants if they all germinate, so thinking of potting them up and sharing with my neighbours.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Guys, looks like my expectations that I was going to be working flat out doing a very deep clean between bookings for holiday guests was short lived. Government advice in the UK has changed and I have to close the business.
    So positives.
    1.I have the time to get on with renovating my house, and work around the farm.
    2. I have the space to spread out maps and get on with my hobby of historical research into rights of way which exist in law but are missing from county council records.
    3, Can continue to hang around on the forum.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Nice to read lovely cheery positives in this uncertain time!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป And Happy Saint Patricks Day folks!
    * Been to the beach today…lovely to walk on the sand. A cafe where we can never usually find a table was empty today. Which isnt a positive coz of the reason behind that,but we had fantastic homemade carrot and ginger soup. It felt so nourishing. No idea carbs but at least didn’t eat the bread.
    * Got a โ€œ letterโ€ from the dog I sponsor at Dogs Trust,lovely to read he is a happy chappy. Has been homed five times but returned each time because he cant share food,games,anything. But is looked after beautifully and happily by his carers at the Trust,who understand and help him ๐Ÿ’œ
    * Appreciated going to my hairdressers today! If I have to go into lockdown,not sure when Iโ€™ll see her again.
    And I appreciate this cheery little ten second vid,guaranteed to bring a smile…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu3HN-MmJc4

Are we allowed to be political..this is what is needed in uk…

#BorisResign France: Macron just announced on TV the country is at war. Army will be deployed to help; 300 BILLION euros available to ensure no company goes bankrupt; All rent, electricity, gas, water bills are suspended for whole population. That’s more like leadership Boris!

• posted by Verano
    on

Not wanting to be political but huge great measures have just been announced …. need to check online.
    So, in keeping with the philosophy of this thread, my positives, even though they are scraped from the bottom of the barrel, are …….
    1. Made yet more soup, chicken, today!
    2. Realise our portions are too big so consciously cutting back to make shopping less necessary.
    3. Got two online delivery slots, one next Sunday and one a week later! Feel like we wonโ€™t starve ….. not that we would have anyway.
    For me itโ€™s fresh vegetables that are the real issue …… maybe we should grow our own, although arcticfoxโ€™s 200 lettuces donโ€™t really appeal!
    Stay safe and healthy!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

ARCTICFOX,Congrats on all the lettuce to share x ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
    VERANO HI,yes the 630 news tonight made things look more promising! X๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท
    And well done on getting those delivery slots! I agree re fresh veg..I love my greens and really want to continue eating them.
    Ps I am guilty of making portions FAR too large ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™ƒ

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Delighted to see so many people finding positives, even when all seems to be madness around us. Disappointingly, it was announced today that Turkey have closed borders to UK visitors until 17 April earliest. This means our trip is now on hold until further notice. My first positive dovetails in with that news though….
    1 We have been notified that our Italy/Greek ferry ticket can be converted to an open ticket to use before end of December 2020, for an admin fee of ยฃ30. Really pleased about this, as we had booked on an ‘early bird’ deal and stood to possibly lose our money.
    2 Rediscovering meditation after a discussion with a friend. If you’re interested, try typing Mooji into YouTube search bar. I’m really enjoying his guide meditations.
    3 One of my longest standing friends had her bunion surgery go ahead today, after fears the current situation might cause a cancellation.
    4 Going to steal a fourth…. spoke to my folks today and they are doing well. A younger neighbour has offered help if they need to isolate, which is very comforting.
    Keep seeking out those positives ….. It’s especially important when things are looking rather gloomy and it’s surprising what little rays of light can pierce through that gloom.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Lots of Lovely news SUNNYB! ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ
    And thats a great recommendation re meditating…I love to meditate,have had some very inspiring experiences over the years. At a time like this as well,it can be very calming,uplifting,help keep blood pressure down
    Iโ€™m so glad too that yr parents are covered,a great relief for you that they have a neighbour who can keep an eye out for them. More than ever these days,we need to help out where we can,look after each other,love one another.
    Crisis does bring out the best in us,apart from the panic buyers of course,who are operating from fear and panic. I hope theyre now beginning to understand the message that theres still plenty for everyone, long as we dont stockpile.xx

• posted by EllieAllegra
    on

Hi everyone – so great to be seeing some positives on here! A few from today:
    1. I had a good chat with my elderly parents who are actually doing very well and staying calm and positive. I felt a little bit more settled knowing they are ok.
    2. Hubby is now working from home like I am and it’s been lovely….for now! ๐Ÿ˜‰
    3. I had some fresh air in our garden and have been more mobile than I was a week ago ๐Ÿ˜Š
    These are uncertain times and although the media are quick to report on how unkind or unhelpful humanity can be, there are so many heart-warming stories out there of people coming together and looking after eachother and that has been a big source of positivity! โค

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Lovely positives from everyone… a few from me…..
    1. The sun is shining and the ground is drying up which means life with horses is about to get easier.
    2. Although negative that so many things, events and such, are cancelled it will give the gift of time, and i have a young horse who this will really help!
    3. There are a lot of good people out there, although we seem to see the worst in people in times of crisis we also see the best – i have some really good people in my life and its great to see them being supportive to each other and to the wider community as well .

Roll on a very different spring time, tense but fascinating times.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Time to post a few positives for today.
    1 Today has been another rain free day, although it’s been grey and a little chilly, but grateful it’s remained dry.
    2 Seems the ‘don’t stock pile’ message isn’t getting through to everyone, but happy to say I was able to get all the grocery items I needed today.
    3 Got mother’s day card and gift posted off.

Has been quite an ordinary day, but a good one nonetheless. Hope you have had a good day and will come and tell us about the high points.

• posted by caronl
    on

Well done SunnyB for carrying on this thread. I think it is probably the most important one at the moment.
    1) Another lovely walk today – this time along the dunes. I really appreciated all the new blossom coming through. Good to think that the world continues with its usual rhythms despite Corona.
    2) Appreciating what IT can do for us – just completed two supermarket orders for my elderly parents in the UK after numerous attempts to log in. A weight off my mind.
    3) Cleaned the fridge. I’m trying each day to tick off a household job that I hate!

Keep well everyone. x

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone

You are so right caronl, this thread is a lifeline right now. Today was frustrating but …………..

1) Tomorrow I am having a break so I can shut off the computer as far as work is concerned and just get out in the garden because it is due to be sunny !

2) I don’t have to wear my hernia belt any more, freedom ! I can wear my jeans again without the strange bulk around my middle !

3) I have a lovely hubby and we manage not to get on each other’s nerves at this unsettled time ๐Ÿ™‚

4) Hubby prepared an aubergine parmegiano which will be ready for my feeding day tomorrow. I am looking forward to that !

5) We can’t get Betty sterilized as she is not an emergency so she is very happy about that ๐Ÿ˜‰ We can’t let her out though.

6) Our house is going to be spick and span with all this time to declutter and spring clean ! I’m with you caronl !

7) I feel sure that this experience is going to cause a major rethink of what is important in life so we refocus on the essential, not the trivial and ultimately respect and care more for each other.

8) We are going to be saving money as no breaks planned ….

9) My family are all well. My boys are fine

10) I don’t have to get up at 5.30 !! 8 to 8.30 is my norm and that works as I don’t need to read for long before I fall asleep and I go through the night without waking.

11) I am not buying earrings so again I am saving money !

12) Even if we can’t meet up with people right now, true friends will always be there

13) SunnyB has recommended some meditation videos and that is so thoughtful, thank you. I can’t do yoga right now so that will be a lovely alternative.

14) I can see people cooking more , buying natural ingredients rather than relying on instant meals which cost more and do not feed many, interacting with each other, cooking with children

15) We are helping to save the planet, no flights, fewer cars on the road.

16) I am drinking loads with the aid of an app called” Drink Water Reminder’

That’ s not a bad list is it ?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท thanks so much for all the wonderful uplifting positives here,ladies! ๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท
    Too tired to write anything much tonight but leaving a good quote from Dr Seuss..
    โ€œAlways remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think and twice as beautiful as youโ€™ve ever imagined.โ€๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ xxxxx

• posted by Verano
    on

Beautiful Yowzer!
    Amazing how we can find the positive when all around seems to be disintegrating.
    Looks like lots of us are cancelling trips but there will be another time …… thereโ€™s always a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow…….
    Wendy I love your fortitude, 16 positives….. wonderful! Do you feel like you are in early retirement?
    Well, yesterday I had a temperature, might have been from the thought of an overflowing ironing basket that needed tackling! In truth I get temperatures like others get headaches so …
    1. Feeling much brighter today, temperature near normal, but decided to have a quiet day anyway.
    2. Just so thankful I donโ€™t have young children!
    3. My OH seems to have finally got the message that he needs to be practising โ€˜social distancingโ€™. I just wonder how many people think these new โ€˜rulesโ€™ donโ€™t apply to them!
    We certainly are in strange times but we just have to try and stay healthy and maybe start planning for the โ€˜futureโ€™!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

It’s so heart warming to see so many positives … not least from you Wendy, that was a hugely impressive list!

Mine for today are …..
    1 Finally got an issue with something bought on eBay resolved …. phew!
    2 Lovely long Skype session with a friend.
    3 Spare bedroom is now all ready for grand daughter’s occupation from Sunday.

If you have had any positives today, we’d love to read about them ….. please.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I guess as the current situation really bites, people are less focused on the positives, but even when they are not easily noticeable, they are still there.
    So here are a few from me –
    1 Have realised that as we can’t go to Turkey as planned, I will get to find out what colour blossoms my smallest lilac tree produces. This is the 3rd year it will bloom, but the 1st time I will actually see it.
    2 The forsythia is in bloom and the agapanthus is beginning to put up green shoots.
    3 Currently trying to do at least one meditation a day and finding it wonderfully calming. I’m sure I’m sleeping better.
    4 Received a video clip from a friend that made me really laugh.
    5 Relieved to find out both my friends in India and their families, are okay despite the disruptions there caused by THE virus.

Going to close with this quote from Mooji …
    “Once you begin to recognise the divine gifts in life, you come to see that there are so many. Your life is abundant.”

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hurrah,first day of spring!
    Happy spring equinox everyone ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒท
    SUNNY Enjoy GDs visit! How old is she,and how long staying?
    VERANO,Howdy neighbour,how do you feel today? I know what you mean about yr hubby..my Beau is the same..i think today its just starting to dawn on him that he isnt invincible and he cannot put his head in the sand and pretend nothing is going on..!
    WENDY your contribution was just brrrrillliant! ๐Ÿ™‚ thank you X
    CARONLwell done on getting on with boring tasks! ๐ŸŒŸ keep up the good work X ( and youre welcome to come and do my boring tasks too..๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„ )I intend like you to get thru one a day….making a list and working thru it.
    WINDY..I love that you say,the gift of time..yes it’s a time to take stock isntit,our chance to pause and think of ourselves and others,feel grateful that even this awful event has some positive aspects to it,
    My positives,
    * Had a conversation with DD.me on the path,her looking out of her bedroom window…she is self isolating as has a bad chest and sore throat. Hopefully thats all it is. We both enjoyed our new way of communicating!
    * My Mums Days presents were on her doorstep for me to take home..saving them til sunday but looks an interesting bag of goodies!
    * Lots people still behaving badly,stripping the shelves ..but lots of good too..many people are supporting one another,cheering each other up. Evidence of this when i went to the chemist for my daughter,lucky to have one at the end of the road.
    Eight days a week ( Beatles) was playing in the shop,and everyone in the queue,carefully keeping our distance from one another,was humming and singing along.
    Have a good weekend dudes! X ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ps SUNNY i love the Mooji quote! So true,so many gifts.
    I have a little heart shaped stone and I hold it every day and give thanks for all that Im thankful for.
    I think you or Wendy said you do that each day,while lighting some incense?
    Gratitude and Meditation needed more than ever now xxx
    And unicorns..I love them..
    ๐Ÿฆ„ ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Unicorns. The forum has truly changed.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi SIXTURKEYS
    Ive been visiting here since July 2016,and I think it truly gets better all the time! ๐Ÿ˜„
    So many lovely people,great support,and plenty of inspiration on this thread – and on others too. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning! It really is for me.
    Thursday turned into a high fever day but Friday was โ€˜coolโ€™ and with the arrival of an ongoing skin problem I can almost certainly rule out C19….. whoopee!
    Itโ€™s so good to see so many positives.
    My daughter came up with an interesting theory yesterday, and probably a positive ….. we have all got too far away from โ€˜real lifeโ€™. I guess this will force us all to have to rethink, change are strategies, waste less, cook more from scratch, whatever that โ€˜scratchโ€™ happens to be. Appreciate holidays, flights, restaurants, theatres etc.etc., more when they restart, and they will.
    She thinks people will change but Iโ€™m not so sure. If we get back to โ€˜normalโ€™ I think people will return to their previous ways as well.
    Now that I have put that on paper Iโ€™m not sure it is a positive!
    Sunny Iโ€™m with you and the blossoms. We are usually away at this time of the year and nearly always miss the blossom. So thatโ€™s a definite positive.
    Yowzer, thank goodness theyโ€™ve seen the light!
    So how are you going to occupy all this spare time?
    I like the idea of making a list and doing one job each day, so my job for today is to sort out my towel cupboard. Isnโ€™t it funny how we keep using the same towels which always go back on the top of the pile to be used first again!
    Hope everyone is well and managing to stay positive.
    P.S. if I saw a unicorn now Iโ€™d know that we are definitely all in some manic dream ….. if only!

• posted by caronl
    on

1) International travel is more or less banned – so I can’t be tempted by Yowzer’s kind offer to come and do her housework! Today it is the laundry and ……the pan cupboard. Haven”t cleaned that out in I don’t know how long. Oeps.
    2) Another beautiful walk on the dunes this morning. The new green leaves are almost luminescent and shimmer against the bright blue sky.
    3) Unlike yesterday, I did not have a collision with a rampant Berner Senner and Labrador! Maybe my knees will recover.
    4) I have decided to go mad and sing along to Youtube at the time that my choir normally rehearses. Nothing like a bit of Puccini to lift the spirits.

Best wishes to all for a good, healthy weekend.

• posted by Bryla
    on

Definitely more important to embrace the positives than ever at the moment. So mine for today are:
    1. Had a lovely long, peaceful walk with my dearest dog in sunshine this morning. So grateful for her love and company.
    2. Another vote for blossom! My crab apple is budding and I can’t wait to see and smell the beautiful blossom in the next week.
    3. My loved ones are all okay and doing everything they can to keep themselves safe.
    4. I am grateful more than ever for my wonderful neighbours.
    5. I have avoided all news and social media so far today and am definitely benefiting!

Best wishes to everyone x

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

VERANO I totally agree with yr DD! And i agree with you too,sadly many people will revert back to their old habits,but hopefully many others wonโ€™t,and in the meantime the earth is already starting to heal from all the pollution etc we have caused by our extravagant ways.
    And Im so glad you havent got C19 X and i love that much easier shorthand,easier to say or write
    BRYLA the love and loyalty of a dog is just priceless isnt it!๐Ÿ’œ
    CARONL Keep singing,music spreads good vibes and thats just what we need.
    To all doing a chore a day..good luck – and dont forget to take breaks! Today Im steaming my kitchen and lounge floors..and wiping down cupboard doors etc. Feels good.
    My thoughts today…
    * just stopped for a welcome cuppa. Grateful for plenty of water,electricity,kettle that works,teabags in the cupboard,milk in the fridge. ( biccies wd be good but we cant have everything!)
    * Theres a holiday feel in the air…feels like Boxing Day,you know how people wrap up and go out in groups,glad to blow the cobwebs away Have seen several parties strolling down to the river. Dont forget yr social distancing,folks!
    * Really enjoying getting and delivering more emails,texts and phone calls. Everyone seems to be feeling the need to connect with each other/ check in on one another x
    ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’– Spring is here and it will soon be Easter ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–
    ๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ‡

• posted by SunnyB
    on

V, it would be lovely to think this experience will permanently change behaviour and attitudes for the better, but have to say I’m sceptical that will be the ultimate outcome though. So pleased you are C19 free.

Caronl, a good sing along is just what’s needed …. chuck in some dance moves too! I’m thinking something ballettic as It’s Puccini ๐Ÿ˜Š

Bryla, I can understand the desire to avoid the media at the moment. I’m currently running a strict policy of maximum of one hour first thing, then nothing more all day.

Like you Yowser, I’m enjoying the more frequent communications too.

My positives are ….
    1 It’s gone 6pm and still light outside and It’s been dry and sunny today too.
    2 Made some Thai chicken soup today to use up some stuff rather than throw it away.
    3 Looking forward to a steak with stilton butter this evening.
    4 Had a productive morning, vaccing, mopping, cleaning bathroom and cloakrooms.
    5 Realised thus morning, that the disruption of our vacation, also means we will see our house martins return this spring. The last few years, we have only seen them once the babes were fully fledged.
    It’s been a good day and I’m looking forward to a chill out evening. Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone !

Time for wendleg’s positives !
    1) The sun is shining and the washing is out !
    2) I have managed to get work online for kids and they have enough for a few days. The online platform is functioning correctly !
    3) Hubby and I are in good health and very grateful to have each other and the cats
    4) We are enjoying each other’s company and foraging together !
    5) Yes, foraging for nettles and herbs ( chives) , and I have experimented with nettle soup and nettle crisps, both of which were delicious !
    6) Hubby still has kale and chard in the garden and their fresh vibrancy is really uplifting
    7) He plans to sow more seeds
    8) I have TOTAL respect for the food I eat .I take nothing for granted, am grateful to have enough nutritious food
    9) I feel truly grateful to be out here in the countryside and able to breathe fresh air and get out for walks, albeit with constraints
    10) I am fully aware of the need not to be wasteful and being very careful to use up left overs which maybe I wouldn’t always have done.
    11) My family in the UK and Greece are well . We even managed a 4 way Whatsapp video call yesterday and it was great to be able to share and see each other, and laugh together. My nephew was able to get on a flight from Edinburgh to Athens this morning so no member of our family is left stranded abroad.
    12) We had planned a trip to Lyon early April which won’t happen now but we can get the train tickets reimbursed.
    13) My Drink Water Reminder app is definitely proving very useful to make sure I drink water regularly.
    14) I have enough green tea and coffee in the cupboard as they are important to me too
    15) Staying home means I don’t need to bother putting on make up and it must be good for my skin ! I don’t use loads of foundation anyway but zero now and just concentrating on good skin care and moisturiser.
    16) Still doing manageable fasts and feeling energised
    17) I still have a few weeks left before I resemble a scarecrow in the morning !
    18) So I have time to get hold of some hair colour !
    19) I am going to check Pinterest for ideas of head bands, scarves etc as I need to rethink how to keep my mop in check . I will need to be creative and I am always grateful for the inventiveness of people who have amazing ideas I can steal.
    20) My boys are well although facing growing restrictions in Oz but I am can speak to them regularly
    21) My niece is celebrating her first Motherโ€™s Day today .Her baby is 7 weeks old and thriving
    22) To complete my list โ€ฆI do believe that this experience is causing a profound rethink of our behaviour and making us focus on what is essential. It almosts feels like we are being called to account to bring an end to years of abuse whether in terms of our disregard for the planet and its wonderful resources or the terrible way people think it is ok to be unkind .
    Yes, there are people behaving selfishly right now but I believe that will settle once the initial fear of going hungry subsides and people will feel more able to be generous.

I love this thread and it really is uplifting to read the positivity . Sending lots of love to everyone xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

WENDYthankyou for all those lovely pozโ€™s!enjoyed reading them.
    Wish yr niece a v happy Mums Day for us! What a special day the first one is!
    Just a quicky from me for now, a film is starting so am putting trotters up and watching,but i hope you can see this link,its so uplifting,the kids especially are wonderful. They deserve better than this,and in the long run I hope they get it…WENDY i completely agree with No 22 and dearly hope for a marvellous outcome xx
    https://playingforchange.com/videos/dont-worry-be-happy/?utm_source=FB_O&utm_mediumTraffic_Engagement&utm_campaignWeb_Visit&utm_termFB_Follow&utm_contentDont_Worry_Be_Happy_Video_Website

• posted by Bryla
    on

Another glorious day! More lovely walks – my 10k steps buzzer had gone off by 11am.
    Lovely phone chat with a friend in Geneva. We are good at keeping in touch, but so much better to hear her voice.
    A snooze in the sun in the garden (wrapped up warm)-sheer indulgence, but such a simple pleasure.
    I had a lovely message from a former colleague who had realised that I would be unable to run my business for the time being and was offering their moral support. I was deeply touched that they thought of me when everyone has so much on their minds

One of my neighbours is going to stay with their daughter to sit things out. I am pleased they will be tucked away safely. I will be looking after their home and will be able to make use of their greenhouse. Have decided to find my green fingers. I think I will start with lettuce, since I understand that should be an ‘easy’ introduction. Watch this space!

Lots of love to everyone.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Wendy, you really are finding those positives every where!
    Loved the link, Yowser, thanks fir sharing and hope you enjoyed the film.
    Snoozing in the garden, Bryla, sounds blissful. Good luck with the lettuce.
    My positives today are …..
    1 Helped OH install the first of the two new build in cupboards in our bedroom. Very impressed how little swearing went on!
    2 Son and grand daughter arrived safely and she is well and truly in residence now.
    3 GD is very excited about doing her school work while she’s here, which is good news.
    4 Phone chat with both Mum and daughter, exchanging Mothers Day wishes and checking up on each other, given the current situation.
    5 A very sunny day and the third without any rain. OH was able to give the grass for the first time this year!
    6 Two rose buds on one of my climbers are bursting already.
    7 Cooked a lovely saffron chicken Korma for lunch.
    8 Received a video from a my friend in India, of the beautiful blossoms on the flame of the forest tree in his garden – stunning.
    Okay, well I did my best Wendy, but this is the best I can do today!
    May everyone’s weekend finish peacefully and we hope you’ll be posting positives here soon.

Please log in or register to post a reply.