Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi ….. ok I feel guilty for not posting on my favourite thread ….so here I am.
    Guess I’ve not been feeling too positive lately but I need to look for some good things to post ……
    1. Teeth cleaned and polished today so not really wanting to eat and lose that lovely feeling.
    2. Restocked my creams, lotions and potions a few day’s ago. So now just need to use them on a regular basis for them to work! Must say the neck cream I bought last year seems to be working.
    3. Have decided not to even look at any clothes until I lose at least one stone. Don’t need to depress myself anymore!
    4. Back to my meditation and that does help. Just wonder if two sessions would be even more useful!
    Sorry not to address everyone in person but my good wishes for a positive day, week and month are with you all.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Please don’t feel guilty about not posting here recently, V, I understand completely suffering from the gloom this time of year brings and how difficult it can be to recognise the positives in that situation. Pleased to say that I don’t find it as depressing as I used to, but that might be because I am lucky enough to know I have a trip abroad to look forward to in the spring every year.
    I’m sure two meditation sessions would help, if you have the time. Could you remind me which throat cream you are having success with, as that is definitely something I could do with adding to my regime.
    Keep looking for the positives V, I’m sure you’ll be able to find at least one a day to help lift your spirits. Meanwhile, I’ll keep posting mine to hopefully offer a boost to others.

• posted by Verano
    on

Ahh Sunny you always find a way to make me smile!
    The throat creams are sold by M&S, amongst others, and start with a ‘p’, just four letters. I use the neck cream and the concentrate and am just trying a new serum. Wow if they don’t help I have no chance! Must admit I have found they have helped me over the last year. I think the secret is to use a really small amount. You can always use more but no point in wasting it.
    Trips away ….. well I really can not complain ….. just three weeks to our next one! I know how much you look forward to your spring break …. is that three months away! Anyway we really are fortunate to be able to get away from the UK weather for a while in the winter/spring.
    Ok ….. have had the first really good BSD day food wise in a while so feeling ‘positive’. Tomorrow is another day but will be just as good.
    Have a good evening everyone.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks for the info V, have just placed an order. Fingers crossed it works for me too! Wherever you are off to next, have a wonderful time, you’re a lucky bunny to be off again so soon …. I have to wait until beginning of April to be away again. Glad you had a good BSD day today. Mine has gone pretty well too and I’m sure we can both do it again tomorrow.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi ALL! Dont know where to start but the overcast conditions are so so welcome to calm the nerves . . take a deep breath and assess – actually sleep soundly and while exhausted from weeks of living on the edge and watching/hearing the unfolding drama without any way of stopping it . . . is testament to our “bowing to Mother Nature” when she says “Im doing this . . . and you cant and wont stop me.” We are helpless against such a force . . . and circumstances – so frustrated . . . jittery and feeling useless – no matter what we do it doesnt seem enough – collectively or individually. SO thank you Mother N for the coolness and respite of past couple of days. Someone was saying they wanted some blue sunny skies . . . we would LOVE (at least some of) your rain, grey bleakness . . . please. 🙂 My positives are –
    1. Younger son is 47 today – Cant believe those years have just gone in a blink . . please everyone enjoy your days with whoever is in your life . . . they are like a tear off calendar pad . . . and disappear while we arent looking. He is a man – has been for years but will always be my little boy 🙂
    2. It was SUCH a joy to go to the supermarket for fresh veges etc on a cool day with no smoke . . . – I added two house visits to friends for coffee and a laugh after what we have all been though.
    3. Like SunnyB – fresh sheets, smooth ironed luxurious pillow cases (sourced from a charity shop) – bright yellow Chrysanthemums in three vases throughout the house remind me to always (do my best to) look on the bright side of life – and . . .
    4. After a shock revelation from a “relative by marriage” – declaring our “friendship” no longer suits her – Ive reassessed what I believed (and what seemed to have been) satisfactory and functioning – in varying forms for over 50 years!!! Such severance really hasnt altered things much since being dissolved! In fact some frustrations and stress over concern for the person are no longer there . . . Ive offered a silent thanks for the release . . . There are silver linings – sometimes not always initially seen . . . we must look – underling the words of my song for today . . .”Look for the silver linings . . .” Im not up to pom pom practice today – but thats OK too! A quiet peaceful sloth day also never hurt anyone . . . Usually indicates we need a rest – before the next challenge comes along – Wise to take it if you can 🙂 Quack!! Quack!!

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi Again! . . Son is 48 today not 47 as previously written and I couldnt edit it. Pedantic Virgo has to have facts right and “ducks in a row” before I can rest – 🙂 Coffee and brunch time . . . left over king prawns with pakchoy, spanish onion, broccolini, baby peas, homegrown cherry tomatoes – (stunted growth due to the drought but OH SO flavoursome!!!) – in ginger coconut cream 🙂 YUMMO!!! Happy dayzzzzzzzzzzz!! Im SO blessed!! Quack! Quack!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Duckie – really glad that things are good with you, despite the recent worrying times. You are right about the silver lining you have found, now that you no longer have contact with someone you have formerly thought very much part of you life. Sometimes it takes the breakdown of a relationship, for one to realise what a burden it’s negativity has been.

Okay, let’s see what positives I can identify today …..
    1 there was actually sunshine and blue skies for awhile this morning. This has been a rare occurrence here over the last few months.
    2 treated myself to a bunch of beautiful orange tinged yellow roses today, now they are making a very cheerful show in our living room.
    3 OH sanded and re-oiled our old pine dining table and it looks wonderful. So lucky he is someone who is willing and able to tackle such tasks.
    Have you found anything positive in your day today? Would you share it with us please?

• posted by Verano
    on

Duckie ….. a Virgo like my OH, well actually he’s on the cusp and is more a Libra. Surprising revelations but as you say ‘silver lining’. Life throws up all sorts of oddities.
    Following Sunny’s lead …. here I go ….
    1. Today for the first time in an age I made a pan of soup, lentil, which I won’t eat, but my neighbour, who recently lost his wife will enjoy, as will my OH.
    2. Last night I meditated and then used one of the music sessions to go to sleep. Wow! Best nights sleep I’ve had in an age …. guess what I’m doing this evening!
    That’s it for me for today. Hope you have all had a positive one.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi V ! Ooh a good night’s sleep…wonderful. I always try my yoga breathing when I am struggling to get to sleep and it does help.

You are so right Sunny. Negativity is just a burden and we don’t need that. Duckie, If that person did not feel a need to be in contact with you anymore then that’s her loss….let her go. You don’t need her . We can’t be responsible for the behaviours of others, ….just our reactions to them.

So glad it’s a bit cooler there Duckie ..just wish it would rain for you.

Positives for me …today was another national strike day about proposed pension/retirement reforms and I decided not to go into school as with very few pupils I would have had a long, wasted day with a drive back in the dark. So I had a lie in and then time to tidy up, do some cooking, cuddle the cats ,find out how to renew my passport, chat to friends…a lovely day.

Hubby had a check up with his cardiologist and his results are all good.The sleep apnea machine is doing its job and most importantly he is 7 kilos lighter than this time last year. So he is responding to my’ gentle nagging’ and even though he still enjoys Ryvita and bread he has cut down his beer consumption here ( not so when he was in the Uk !!) He is ace at cooking cauli rice. My sister in law mixes riced broccoli with her cauliflower and that is good too.
    Just one month to go before our week in Valencia..then my last hernia op. It does feel positive to know that ( hopefully) I won’t have any major things to deal with healthwise as retirement approaches.
    Lots of love to everyone xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Lovely to read everybody’s positivesM! X 💕💕💕💕💕
    * I heard today of sbody local winning three million on the Lottery! Part of a syndicate,they all got 3 million each!
    *Had a coffee in my favourite shop and felt no desire for a sugary accompaniment!
    *Grateful to have a comfy warm home,food in the cupboards,money in my purse 😊😊😊 x

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser your third positive really made me smile. We too easily take for granted these important plus points and I appreciate being reminded how blessed I am …. thank you.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Awww SUNNYB thank you!
    Today…
    *I adopted a dog from the Dogs Trust! A dog who will never be rehomed 🙁🙁🙁
    He is a husky and I only pay £8 per month towards his upkeep. I can visit him any time and take him treats! I am sooo excited! But at same time, sad that not only are there dogs needing new homes,but some who are so damaged by previous treatment from callous humans,,they can never be rehomed..they are’ forever’ dogs in the rescue centre 😥😥😥 well looked after but not part of a family
    * On a happier note! Still about rescue dogs..we were in the park today,and stopped to speak to a young couple,who had a lovely dog with them,a 2 yr old chow collie cross. To our surprise,they had just picked him up from a rescue centre and were taking him to his new forever home. One of the happier stories as they all seemed to have already bonded well together..
    * in Aldi,bumped into an old work colleague I hadnt seen for a long long time …Both of us look a lot trimmer than we did when we worked together ten years ago…nine stone lighter between the two of us….So,yay,go us! 😊😊 it was great to catch upon all our news and have a big hug! X

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Ahhh! Love the doggies stories. And how wonderful that you and your old colleague have achieved so much weigh discard between you … woo-hoo! Thank you for posting positives, Yowser.

I too can identify some positives so here are a few from me ….
    1 It was sunny here ALL day today, which made such a difference to my mood. Also gave me a chance to properly check on what is happening in the garden and was surprised what I found in bloom, including a camelia and dwarf iris. Bit concerning, as really neither of these should be in flower at this time of year, but I will appreciate them whilst I can.
    2 Spring cleaned a draw that I haven’t been through for years. Consolidated some things, threw out some stuff and found new homes for some as well. Small thing I guess, but it felt like a job well done.
    3 Have two friends (one in France and one in India) both of whom have been struggling and I have been trying to offer support from a distance. Had good news from both of them today, so fingers crossed they are both about to turn a corner and 2020 will turn out to be a great year for each of them.
    Looking forward to the w/e and wishing you all a wonderful positive BSD w/e too.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

This thread often goes quiet at the weekend – hopefully that’s because everyone is busy having a very positive time!
    Anyway, today has been a good one …. nothing special, but good nonetheless. Here are a few positives ….
    1 Made a start of sorting things out in our bedroom, to make packing it up ready for decorating easier.
    2 Bought some paint tester pots, to help with making a colour selection to go with the new wallpaper.
    3 Just made arrangements to go with daughter to look at wedding dresses a week on Monday ….. Ooooo it’s so exciting!

If anyone has a couple of minutes and a positive or two, please share them with us here. Have a great w/e everyone.

• posted by Verano
    on

So exciting Sunny ….. wedding dress hunting! Lovely! It makes me smile.
    Wendy ….. still sleeping! What more can I say!
    Sorry if I don’t respond individually to all the posts but just cooking at the moment. Guests last night, tonight and tomorrow for lunch. I’m exhausted just thinking about it all! But there are positives……
    1. I’m cooking ….. they eat what I cook!! So BSD friendly.
    2. Saw the article in the Mail today from Roy Taylor promoting his new book. It has been quite a revelation in as much as you don’t need to be ‘skinny’ to reverse your diabetes, just lose 15% of your body weight. I think that happened to me. Just need to get back down to the 15% now which is a far smaller goal.
    3. Following on from number 2 , delighted that all the recipes are full of spices and do contain the odd carb here and there, like a smallish sweet potato and carrots.
    Feeling much more energised by this new book, yes feeling very positive.
    Hope everyone has a positive weekend.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone ! Yes V, I had a lovely lie in and stayed in my onesie until it was time to go out to my Saturday aquagym class !
    It was lovely driving under a bright blue sky and sunshine depsite only 8 ° The light really does lift the spirits as you said , Sunny.

Major positive was that I had time to enjoy the hammam and salt sauna before the class .I took in my new hemp exfoliating glove and Argan salt scrub found in TK Maxx ! It feels such a luxury pampering myself these days. I came out with lovely soft skin ! I have some lovely body butters too . I smell delicious 😉
    The class was not easy after the holiday break but the music was good and I came out feeling energized.

I like quiet weekends when I can recharge . It’s all good.
    Enjoy the weekend everyone ! xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

Sunny ……………a wedding to plan for ! That is so lovely ! I have boys so I doubt I will get involved in that exciting shopping experience. I will be beside myself when I have grandchildren. So pleased for your daughter .

V, that is interesting that Roy Taylor has a new book. That will give me somehting new to read.

xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh SUNNYB! What a lovely time ahead for you..transforming yr bedroom and helping DD choose her wedding dress! X
    (Ps also pleased to hear the friends youve been supporting far afield are doing well 👍🏻👍🏻)
    VERANO, I m in awe of all the catering youre doing this weekend! And at same time youre keeping a handle on the carbs..
    Well done!! X
    WENDY,yr day sounds so lovely! It was enjoyable to read about it,and you deserve it
    * Ive had a peaceful day reading a book of short stories i got for Crimbo
    *I fell off my horse yesterday,ate some chocs,but not the whole box! Gave the rest away. Theyre just not worth the cals n carbs. Back on my horse,clippety clop!
    *Im not a fan of the dark winter nights,but noticed this evening that dusk fell a tiny bit later…after the WinterSolstice,they say the days lengthen by ‘ a cock stride’ every day!

Be happy in the moment; that’s enough. Each moment is all we need, not more.” ( Mother Teresa)
    .¸¸🐝*•.¸🌼¸¸.•*¨🦋¨*•.¸¸💞¸.•*•¸🌿.•*¨¨*•💞 🐝*•.¸🌼¸¸.•*¨🦋¨*•

• posted by JGwen
    on

I had a fantastic day on Friday, the weather was almost like a spring day, with the sun shining and it feeling mild so I set out to finish off the annual survey of the external fencing looking for problems that need to be fixed including marking any posts that are rotting.
    All of my positives come down to the same theme that Wendleg mentioned the other day, how much easier life is with a smaller belly.

I got stuck in a boggy area which is deep enough for the mud to suck my boot off, so ended up having to step out of my boot, pull it out of the mud and pull it on again while balancing on one leg.

It was delightful “playing” in the streams, rolling stone back into their usual position and by boundary fences, and just walking along the stream under the old oaks, it took me back to childhood memories of holidays in Derbyshire with my dad.

There was just enough of the offcut of a roll of wire to enable me to make a patch for a rotten post, left as supplies in a difficult to reach point (that involves a section of bank so steep the only way to get up it is on my hands and knees ) so I didn’t have to trudge back and forth through the bog, stream and clamber back up the bank carrying extra supplies. –

• posted by SunnyB
    on

You’re right Yowser, the days are beginning to lengthen noticeably …. yiippee!!
    Wendy, I’m not sure yet how much wedding planning I will actually be involved with, but will of course be happy to be even a small part of it if required. Glad you have had a lovely restful and pampering w/e, recharging your batteries ready for another working week.
    V, hope you are getting a little downtime this evening, following all your entertaining and catering this w/e. I’m sure all the food was delicious and your guest delighted by it.
    JGwen, your full on Friday made me feel tired just reading about it! Sounds like you very happy to be able to get out there and sort out some of the outside tasks though, after all the rain.
    Trying to think what positives I can identify from today and this is what I’ve come up with ….
    1 OH has made a cutlery box from a wooden case we were gifted some wine in, to house our ‘best’ cutlery and it’s really lovely. Not only that, but it fits in the dining room cupboard as if it were made to live there.
    2 Another day of largely sunny weather …. not sure I can cope with this change!
    3 Made a really tasty saffron chicken korma for dinner this evening ….. it was delicious. Will definitely be using the recipe again.
    Hope you have had a really positive w/e and that the coming week will also be a good one for everyone. Remember, we love to share in positives here, so if you have a minute, please post about the pluses you have found in your day.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Just wanted to pop in and wish Sunny a VERY VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY for tomorrow !!! 😉 🙂
    This is a lovely time for you Sunny ! Enjoy every minute ! We do love your positivity . It really is uplifting !

JGwen I am in awe of your energy and resilience. It sounds idyllic where you live but you are incredible in the way you manage it all single handedly ! I wish you respectful, grateful guests for your holiday let this year.

Positives..
    I have enjoyed my restful weekend. I am not a great socialite and enjoy a peaceful life. I perk up a bit in the Spring 😉
    My eldest son is waiting to hear about a new job and it sounds very encouraging. I hope to say more after Tuesday !
    Another working Week begins tomorrow but we are looking forward to our Week in Valencia.
    Very much looking forward to being able to go away in September 😉
    I am loving my softly pampered skin !!
    Betty the kitten hasn’t destroyed anything this weekend ! I found a vintage pitcher which has been put out of reach on a very high shelf !
    Have a great Week everyone ! xxx

• posted by Verano
    on

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNNY!!!!
    Have a lovely day.
    ENJOY!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thank you for the birthday wishes, it’s very kind of you Wendy and Verano.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

JGWEN smaller belly! Thats fab! Makes a big difference.
    am very admiring of you mending fences!
    Thats my first positive on a very early Monday morning!……
    * I really enjoyed reading about Jgwens work fixing fences
    * And loved reading about WENDY’s kitty Betty! And SUNNY’s new cutlery drawer
    *Just finished sorting out plans for a friends 70th.birthday in Feb! Looking forward to it all!🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Happy birthday Sunny. JGwen, you have the farmer’s temperament, along with the stamina! Wendy, thanks for looking out for us.

My positives are
    1 My waist shrank by 2cm since my heating broke down 9 days ago. Just in case those two are related 😂😂😂

2 My new boiler will be installed on Friday, I’m so happy to say.

3 My first anniversary in low carb is coming up, and it’s also my six months check up with GP. I’m feeling good about this.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

PATRICIA congrats on upcoming anniversary and on waist whittling..hope youre managing to keep warm enough til Friday?
    My positives..
    * i was looking back on old posts and found this from LUCIA ( where are you now Lucia! i miss your positive messages)
    ( Quote)
    “Start shopping for the right food
    Throw out the carbs
    Buy a cheap skipping rope from Poundland.
    And promise yourself the best life ever.
    Plan big, start small.
    Just go for it
    Love Lucia”

* I found a contact email address for technical probs..not sure if its still active but I will give it a go and see and report back

* got a nice top in charity shop today- i do love a bargain!and when it gets too big,and it will,i will donate it back again
    XX

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi Yowzer 🙂 Ive been doing the charity shop swap for around 12 months now. LOVE having new items to “show off” – and sending back! Give give!! Win win!!! Especially when I can have “new” stuff which is smaller sizes! I must say it is getting more and more difficult to get my desired styles 🙁 Wide open necks seem to have been the fashion for years now . . . and I do prefer either collared tops or something that doesnt go past halfway on my collarbones . . , as with sloping shoulders its difficult to keep them in place comfortably. While my 7 decades + body is no doubt slower to “visibly” rejuvenate than someone half my age, a huge plus I have noticed is my skin is doing its best to take up! With a trache scar – (borne with pride as it gave me back my life!!!) – as a yardstick . . . not that long ago the above skin sagged over the scar . . . now its smoothed out and the scar almost invisible again! Maybe its the evening primrose oil, hair and skin caps and/or VitD caps . . . I dont know ! BUT that little telltale SHOWS me it is happening 🙂
    I dont go ANYWHERE near scales – either for body weight or food . . . but am more and more delighted and intrigued as I discover what needs to be discarded as no longer suiting “my style and/or shape . . .” – as opposed to my size . . .!!! Its like a whole mental transformation as well . . .
    18months into this wonderful way of life come June – doing my best to hang around <20 gms of carb a day – I KNOW Im still carb sensitive but KNOWING how to deal with it is a winner!!! Around 15kgs discarded, and (last time they checked) – BGL’s halved – Im more than delighted, satifsfied grateful to all who have had a role to play on this adventure 🙂 And while the transformation has slowed it is still very much a work in progress . . . and Im up for the wonderful personal surprises every day brings. 🙂 Quack! Quack!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh DUCKIE! Thats fantastic to read…I love love love yr positivity!
    Its fab that yr skin at 70+ is smoother..when i was 100pounds down,i can only describe the effect on my skin as ..pleated…from face to feet! Hehe! 😄😄😄😄
    Having put some weight back on,some of the pleats have gone. I might try yr ev primrose idea,see if i can keep a bit more plumped up as i again shed 3 stone,or rather,discard.
    I notice lots people here using that word now..i like that, it gives a sense of you’ve dumped it,and it has GONE!forever.
    Just hope nobody slides on it and breaks a leg 😄😄
    Charity shops..theyre lifesavers ..who wants to spend a lot of money on clothes they’ll grow out of..i get some cheapo bargains on ebay too,and they get passed on to my favourite animal charity shop too…
    Hmmm,you are daring! not weighing food or yrself! Its good to be free of that tyranny and it really is the way to go.
    I dont have enough confidence not to weigh foods. I could sling my body weight scales,but theyre good ones,and only
    £2 from a charity shop..
    I must admit, i was happier tho when i didnt have them,and just got weighed about once a fortnight at a friends house. Ive hidden them in a cupboard sometimes but its so tempting to get them out again.X
    Sweet dreams if anybody’s still here,night night 🌙😴😴😴

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Hi Yowzer, I was weighing myself three times a day when I was in the first flush 😂 of weight DISCARD. It’s emotional enough to change eating habits and I needed to record everything. And totally overdid the weighing.

I’m on the scales once per week now, any changes, any blips, are a bit more significant than if I compare in a shorter time frame. I don’t even notice the scales now unless it’s my Sunday morning.

For me that’s a positive, I’m learning to trust myself, and if I am gaining I can adjust quickly without drama.

Duckie, you are an inspiration. You koko in adversity. I’m keeping you and your family in my thoughts, stay safe.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Really like that requote Yowser, it reminds us all this need not be daunting, it’s possible to keep things simple and still achieve great things. I too am a big fan of charity shops, which is why I’m now in a situation where I need a serious cull of my wardrobe!
    Duckie, really good to see you are still hanging in there and finding positives even when life is trying to knock you.
    Patricia, finding what works for us is key to this journey. For some weighing daily is a motivator, regardless of what the reading is and others find it more helpful to leave bigger gaps between weigh in’s. Still others, seem to be able to achieve without the motivator of seeing results on the scales. There is no right or wrong, whatever works for you is what’s right for you.

Getting in early with my positives, as I didn’t post any yesterday …..
    1 Lovely day out with OH yesterday. Fab lunch with a great bottle of Sangiovese wine.
    2 OH bought me a lovely pair of drop garnet earrings while we were out.
    3 Evening spent planning our next trip to Turkey – we’ll be back there by 12th April.

hope to be reading lots of positives from others later on today

• posted by caronl
    on

I do love this thread. Well done SunnyB and others for keeping it going! If WoodDuckie can find positives amidst all the smoke and sadness, we all can. xx

I’m just back from a visit to parents in the UK and resolved to get to my target of a healthy weight by end Jan. I did not make the start I wanted this month. But that is water under the bridge. Onwards and downwards.
    1) I bought three lovely new tops in the UK. Two make me feel a million dollars and one makes me feel 10 years younger. From a really unexpected high street shop which I thought sold only dowdy clothes and cheap shortbread. Who knew?!
    2) Enjoying being home again after another UK trip. Feeling appreciated by family and dog!
    3) Appreciating all the good news stories on here – it is always lovely to share newcomers’ excitement at the changes BSD brings.

Have a lovely week.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

DUCKIE and PATRICIA..My scales are now in a deep dark cupboard..gonna try gojng by how lighter i feel,how looser clothes are..hoping to feel as light as this soon…🧚🧚🧚🧚🧚 hehe!
    Pozzys for today..
    * i checked out the techies and yes they are still here..and so nice and helpful too 👍🏻
    email : tech@thebloodsugardiet.com if you have any queries
    * had my weekly luxury today..wash n blow dry..me and my hdresser know all the ins and outs of each other’s lives!
    I treat myself to a cappucino while having hair done ..no choc on it tho..
    Funny aside…a friends mum,well known for getting her words wrong,asked in coffeeshop for a Cinzano..it turned out she meant a cappucino.. another time she asked for a chipolata ( she meant a latte!)
    * another bargain in the post today from ebay…just what i wanted and i only ordered it yesterday and it came first thing this morning..thats good service!
    Ilove reading everyones positives! SUNNY ..so happy to read about yr special day and yr Turkey plans!
    CARONL ..You are so right,water under the bridge,onwards and downwards! Intrigued which shop you meant by cheap shortbread..yr buys sound sensational..isnt it satisfying when we find things that are just right? And home sweet home,you cant beat it
    I do love these little glimpses into each other’s days 💕

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello. Lovely to read all your positives and sorry not to reply individually.
    Two weeks into 2020 and I have to report a weight gain of 4lbs! Just too much socialising and lots more to come, which is lovely but seems to be taking it’s toll. Anyway, need to look to the positives……
    1. Lots of catching up with friends was really enjoyable.
    2. Ironed half of my laundry today …. just the other half left to go now. Looks like that could be tomorrow’s treat!
    3. Entertaining yet again tonight but just one friend so nothing too strenuous. Nice to have company though.
    Hope everyone is managing to find some positives.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

VERANO I bet you will soon kick those 4 lbs to the kerb! Its lovely that you have shown so much hospitality over the last few days.
    And done all that ironing! 👍🏻👍🏻 That will deffo use up some calories!
    * Today I bought some tiger nuts! Havent had these since i was a kid…we used tobuy them on the way to school. They have a lovely sweet milky flavour and a small handful is a quite satisfying snack
    They’re rich in fibre ,vits n minerals, contribute to a good digestion and may protect against diabetes and heart disease. Cant be bad.. About 100 cals/ 9g carb/7g fat per 1 oz ( 28 grams)
    * my Beau won a fiver on the Euromillions lottery ..Yay!…😄😄😄
    * do you ever have one of those days when,despite all evidence to the contrary,you feel as light as a feather?i feel like that today! So,as long as I dont look in any mirrors,I can kid myself for a while that Im a teeny tiny fairy. Its a nice feeling,somehow makes my posture better too. XX

• posted by Mariet
    on

Yowser, I’ve never heard of tiger nuts. Are they an English thing?
    Happy Birthday Sunny, I hope you had a lovely day.
    Some happy positives today:
    1. It’s raining! Really raining, not just brief showers. I can’t remember the last rain like this but it’s many months.
    2. My daughter’s 30th Birthday dinner last night and I didn’t stray from the path- maybe overall a little too much but all good food.
    3. Today I get to look after my little granddaughter all morning, first time since my hand operation last month. She is nearly a year old and is stumbling around furniture, so cute! Her parents are besotted. Unfortunately she has also just learned to hit (hard!) when she’s upset which they’re not so excited about. It must be innate, she’s never seen or felt anyone hitting.
    4. I’ve completed 2 weeks with a slow but steady discard.
    I hope everyone has a good day today with positives abounding.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi MARIET what a pretty name!
    Tiger nuts,…all i know is they originate from ancient egypt and Spanish people call them chufa..
    And that they are in fact a tuber not a nut!
    I havent seen them since i was a child in the 50s/60s,but apparently theyre making a comeback because of their healthy properties.
    How lovely to have a grandchild! Im still waiting. I have to make do with DDs cat as my grandson for now! I really love him but a baby wd be even more fab!
    Well done on yr 2 weeks,slow and steady wins the race! 👍🏻
    Ps My Beau had hand surgery (Dupuytrens Contracture) a while ago..Its really awkward getting things done after hand surgery isnt it..he cdnt look after the grandkids for a good while. Ok now,and I guess you are too,seeing as youre looking after the little one 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 X

• posted by Mariet
    on

My op was for Dupuytrens contracture s well! My left hand last August and right hand in December. The disease is extensive in both hands and my surgeon has warned it’s likely to recur sooner rather than later which is a bit of a downer but making the best of improved function while I can. The five weeks off work for recovery has been a nice consolation 😊

I’ll have a look out for tiger nuts, they sound very good.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

I ‘ m so sorry MARIET!
    My beau has it both hands too
    Had surgery on one hand about five years ago,hasnt had recurrence,but other hand is getting worse
    I believe some people have had an injection which works immediately,and that theres a youtube video showing how quickly it works.x

• posted by Mariet
    on

Yes, I had the injections and they bought me an extra three years, worth doing. I’m glad your beau has had a good result (love that term!), I have a friend who has had 5 ops and if it records has to consider amputation 🙁

• posted by SunnyB
    on

How lovely to see so many positives bring posted!
    Mine for today are …….
    1 exchanging messages with Turkish and Indian friends today.
    2 lovely meal with eldest son and is partner this evening.
    3 could comfortably wear my smaller jeans today.
    4 my amerylis – first I’ve ever planted – seems to be gtowing bigger almost before my eyes!

None of this amounts to anything much, but it’s the little things that make the world go round.

• posted by Verano
    on

Just one positive for me ….. saw the first daffodils in bloom in a local wood! They are a very early variety but hey if looks like spring is on the way!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I adore daffodils V, they are one of my very favourite flowers. Have some pushing through the soil, but none in bloom yet. Do have a couple of dwarf iris open though. Knowing spring is on the way is undoubtedly a positive.

Mine for today are ……
    1 Spring travel plans almost complete, just waiting on one more confirmation.
    2 Scales were kind again this morning, not quite lost the total of the blip upwards from Monday’s indulgence but getting close.
    3 Reorganised the orchids on my kitchen windowsill, all looking much tidier.

What little positive has dropped into your life today? Please share it with us.

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi all. Good to see Theo posting and take in that she has maintained for 3 years – what a good example for us!
    Mariet, to balance your friend’s awful tale, my father has had Dupuytrens Contracture for over 20 years, but has not needed an operation. It stabilised and caused no further problem (touch wood).
    Other positives,
    1) a beautiful almost spring day today – spent on a day trip to Amsterdam. Nice to get out and about.
    2) Enjoyed some lovely art at the Rijksmuseum – particularly portraits by Velazquez. So feeling cultured!
    3) Dog’s kennel cough is finally improving. It has been quite wrenching to hear him over the last few days. So hoping for a quieter happier weekend.

And Yowser, the shortbread was a clue….. Festival would be another!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

MARIET..I so hope yr friend will be ok,that sounds so drastic doesnt it X
    SUNNY,you are SO right,the little things in life add up to a lot! 🥰🥰🥰
    VERANO so pleased about the daffs! I love the plucky little flowers,the daffs and snowdrops that pop up to tell us spring is on its way!x
    CARONL lovely to hear about yr day and Im glad yr dog is getting better.its such a worry when our fourlegged friends arent well 🐾🐾
    Oh I am still in the dark tho,even with yr extra clue..i will have to keep mulling it over!
    * i got ‘ Wheat Belly ‘ from the library today…been meaning to read it for ages. Ditto The Every Other Day Diet ( about alternate day fasting) by Krista Varady
    * I bought two Easter eggs today to put away for DD and her hubby. I bought them coz they were so nicely packaged and made by – am i allowed to say- Frys,,have never seen a Frys egg before..( other brands available hehe!) one is Turkish Delight,the other is Frys Chocolate Cream. Im totally confident I won’t be tempted by them. Chocco I do like,but they are low on my cravings list.i had some gorgeous chocs sent to me from New Zealand and kept them for many weeks before opening them at christmas
    * not feeling very well,,so to bed very early,and v grateful to snuggle down and be able to rest peacefully,radio 4 on quietly
    Goodnight everyone / or good day xx 😴😴😴

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Certainly getting ahead of the game there Yowser, buying in Easter eggs already! Hope you woke this morning feeling better.
    KatrenaJ, sometimes it’s finding positives in the simple things, that makes us really appreciative.

Positives from me today include …..
    1 Bought myself a little hellebore plant with a beautiful double flower in shell pink, with dark speckles in the centre.
    2 Little sunshine this morning, so good to see a bit of blue sky, even if only for a little while.
    3 Got a couple of loads of laundry done while the sun was shining and generating power with our solar panels.

Hope you have had something positive happen today and that you’ll have a really positive w/e. Remember, we love to hear about the positives you find, so please come and tell us about any that come your way.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi SUNNY yes Im like an elderly Girl Guide..Be prepared hehe!!!
    * CARONL i woke up this morning and suddenly realised where you meant HAHA! Im counting that as my first positive of the day!
    * SUNNY thanks for asking,not v well today again,but v grateful for DD and Beau making sure I was ok. Another lazy day in bed,cantcomplain,just a relapse of a longstanding health prob i enjoyed reading yr positives SUNNY,they were very cheering x
    *KATRENA thank you for transporting me to a lovely place with yr link! X even the name Sunshine Skyway Bridge is uplifting
    Love to allXx

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Good morning from Downunder 🙂
    Think I must have covered a thousands miles to somewhere and back while sleeping . . . have woken a little less bouncy than usual . . . could be not needing to be on red-alert 24/7 over the past few days – a deep sound unbroken rest – so glad of it . . . . My mixed bag of positives are . . .
    1. Over the past few days the skies have delivered 20ml of good steady and intermittent . . . . R-A-I-N!!!!! OMG!! Everything is free from soot, dust, smoke residue . . . and midsummer its cool – with overcast skies allowing the precious moisture to be absorbed – before sending some more over the next few days 🙂 What a joy . . .
    2a. 2b. and 2c. The quick-death of my HWS – (such event occurred 10 days ago) – (*) saw a seamless replacement – for which (*) I had the money available to pay!!! – and being an outside job. . . (*) such was completed 2 days before the rain arrived!
    3a. 3b. A dear friend rang me from her hospital bed . . . she has been stricken with meningitis. Visiting with me just three days before, she was told to contact all those she had been in contact with . . . and I had to do the some with those Id been with. How can this be a positive . . .? Well it was (*)diagnosed as viral not bacterial and if one has to be stricken, Im told this is the better one 🙁 (*) Doc didnt believe I needed to have any jabs.
    4a. 4b. and 4c. Doc checkup was met with (*) an excellent BP reading – still no meds – been 18 months now!!!!! Regular blood results due back Monday – and if all in order as she seems to think they will be . . . (*) no need for the (scheduled) February Endo follow up visit!!!!! – (*) Measuring my girth, Im obviously maintaining or slightly bettering, to her smiling satisfaction, which drew a comment of “I was doing well . . .” and compliment/admission – (well kinda for a prof to say . . .) – “this took a lot of willpower”. I smiled and muttered quietly – “well no . . . not really . . .” (Those who have followed and walked with me on my way back will know Im just plain bloody stubborn! And SO DONT LIKE being told . . . “no”!!!) Im not advocating anyone go against doctors orders . . . but when your gut is telling you something . . . at least investigate what it is saying 🙂 Back then, mine was telling me find out “WHY” I had an elevated HbA1c . . . my now halved and “within acceptable” range – is the result of that quest! Happy weekend all!!!! With a damp indoors day ahead, Im off to cull some big clothes 🙂 before a LONG chat with a good friend 🙂 Quack! Quack!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hope you are feeling better now Yowser and if not, be kind to yourself and rest.
    Duckie,so pleased you are seeing some rain at last and that it helps to sort out the problems there. Sorry your friend is so poorly, fingers crossed that they recover well. Hope you enjoyed your wardrobe cull. It’s something I need to do, but not so much because there’s lots that’s too big, more because I’ve accumulated so much stuff from charity shops since discarding weight, it needs to be rationise and some of it returned for reselling.

Some positives from here …..
    1 The sun has shown up for the last two days, so hoping this might be the beginning of a trend.
    2 OH is making a start on prepping the bedroom for decorating …. exciting!
    3 Planning to make a saffron korma for dinner tonight – delicious.

Hope everyone is having a lovely day full of positives and that some of you will drop by to share one or two.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Cant write much but just wanted to say
    ….congrats on doing so well ARCTICFOX,that’s superb results!. It encourages us all to KOKO..
    So thrilled for you that youre bashing yr goals!
    SUNNY Thanks for asking about me,I’m taking life quietly for now. The saffron korma sounds delish.
    My pozz for today
    * Tomorrow going to start Alternate Day Fasting,but on Feast Day,will stay low carb 😋😋
    Pleased DUCKIE about that lovely refreshing rain,and the good bp results 👍🏻
    More when I feel up to snuff,best wishes to everyone,Onwards and downwards X

Please log in or register to post a reply.