Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Afternoon all well done Skipping! The point is that you ran, not that you walked hun! You go girl wish I could run but I hate it and my knees are no good.

So my three are

1. I have fasted for nearly 36hrs! Looking forward to brunch though🤣

2. I am sorting my whole kitchen today so it can once again become my zen area! Sorry I live my kitchen🤣❤️

3. I am going to start swimming next week and I can’t wait!

Hope everyone’s weekend is going well! Hugs Birdy 💞🦜

• posted by caronl
    on

1) The garden is getting a good drink!
    2) Washing done and tumble-dryer on. Feels like progress. And did some really horrible cleaning. I will spare the details. So not bad for a rather grey mizzly day.
    3) About to go for a nice walk along the street markets for King’s Day here in NL.

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

My positives
    1. Did my ankle exercises and walked around the house feeling confident.
    2. Tina Turner, cycling to Proud Mary fast!
    3. BMI is in the normal range.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

My positive is that this morning I was able to squash my tummy blubber into one mid- line 24 pack.I’m hoping that means fat is breaking up a bit and that the visceral stuff which I am sure was there is going.

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Sixturkies, someone posted their mum’s advice: roll the blubber around, squeeze it and it will help it break up. Well that’s what I’m doing right now! 😌

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

What do others make of that tip? I was wondering if a loofah or one of those exfoliating mitts might have any effect at all, just getting the circulation going? Or I think it was Verano’s wonder neck cream from M&S? Wider application? It wasn’t a pretty sight before and possibly worse now. The good news is that the siren call of wine o’clock is put back in its box by a quick flash in the mirror. I have been drinking lots of water and peeing for Britain, so hopefully the water retention from my couple of bad weeks is being dealt with.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Good evening lovely people I have had a busy day today with my sons rugby tournament! Hope you have all had a great weekend😀

My three for today are….

1 my sons team won every single game they played today! Including the final! I am made up for them all and so proud of my boy as he doesn’t usually play with the A team! He scored 4 try’s in one of the matches too bless him❤️(Sorry very proud mum)

2 It is nearly 6pm and I haven’t eaten today so I am going to really enjoy my supper tonight🤣

3 I weighed myself today and I have discarded 3.17/ 1/2 a stone which has put a massive smile upon my face😁 Fasting is my friend.

Here is to you guys and a great week ahead. Love Birdy 💞🦜

• posted by wendleg
    on

Massive positive today folks ….I.met up with Kazz UK for lunch in a pub near Stratford upon Avon !! It was an absolute delight . Kazz is warm..funny..kind ..and I feel privileged that a chance encounter on a BSD forum should develop into a friendship in this way. Feeling happy 🤗🤗. !!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Also….my stock of bloomers has been replenished ! I have spent some time in TKMaxx….love that place 🥰….I always find something !
    Tomorrow we travel to Worcester . More family to visit xx
    Hope everyone is well xx

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Talk us through the bloomers Wendleg! Did you get some matching bra and knicker sets? And your other new purchases. You do seem to be criss-crossing England!

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

That’s lovely Wendleg. Glad you’re enjoying your time in UK, meeting up with Kazz, catching up with family and of course making the most of our shops and buying lots lol.
    Think I’ll be rolling and squeezing my blubber while watching line of duty tonight…….I’ll try anything lol. Thanks for the tip Patricia.
    My positives today
    1. Comfortably moved my belt another hole today 😀
    2. Painted my outside garden chairs……..which kept me away from food for a few hours
    3. Had a lightbulb moment…….read in a post somewhere on here this morning that just giving up snacking can count as a mini fast. Been thinking of that all day. I’m constantly trying to find BSD friendly snacks but instead should be giving it up. Maybe if I try and think of it as fasting then it might work……..

• posted by wendleg
    on

Turkeys …bloomers are comfy M and S ….full briefs I am afraid …no thongs…they are SO WRONG !! I also found some no VPL jobbies in TKMaxx ! A bright yellow marco polo cotton jumper was mine for £10. Kazz could not miss me today 🤣🤣 ..especially with my yellow Spanish dancer earrings ! A vibrant Boden raincoat was delivered to my brother’s via Ebay. Love their raincoats ..and mine was getting a bit old and baggy .A bright orange Jaeger T shirt also found its way into my TKMaxx basket alongside a cheery light summer dress for hot days in France ! I am.so enjoying shopping for clothes and not feeling grumpy 🤣. I haven’t bought any bras ..I think I need a fitting for my (still) ample bosoms . I don’t burst out of my bras as I used to though.
    Finding clothes very reasonably priced …
    Cauli and broccoli rice and halloumi (and chips !!) are easily available food stuffs .Very new to me . Can’t imagine the French stocking them ??
    Managing to dodge the carbs but loving Godiva 90% choc ! Coffee shops are a guilty pleasure as the French disapprove of anything but espresso café 🙄 I have mine with a bit of cream …
    Yes ..leaving Stratford for Worcester tomorrow then Birmingham…then back to my brother’s. It’s a hectic schedule . I will be checking in as often as I can xx
    Find the idea of flabber pummelling hilarious 🤣
    You have had a great day Birdy and well done on your discard. All the very best Patricia..Scottishgal and Skipping. I haven’t really caught up properly yet but I love reading your joyous posts xx

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Wendleg I am an M&S full brief girl too, though I used to like the shorts type back in the day. I will see where a few more weeks (or months) of BSD and blubber wrangling gets me! I am with you on thongs; have never understood the attraction…Your new purchases sound real colour pops! I must head to my nearest TK Maxx too to see what they have in.

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Scottishgal, good idea on the snacking. I need support too. It’s easier to get into the fast than to eat sensibly.
    So no snack = fast for 3 or 4 hours.
    I can see that. I know intellectually that insulin won’t rise if I don’t snack.

My macros look good, I know that I am losing the fat, just need fewer small meals (aka snacks)

Blubber pinching is fun, and we know if it’s full of water then it’s ready to go whoooosh.

Wendleg, great to hear from you, even if you are on the move. Have a lovely break.

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

Might be a bit of a stupid question Patricia but I’m just curious to know exactly how do you know if you’re losing fat? I’m just happy for the scales to move downwards. Someone did explain the other day that when I gained 4lb so quickly it was probably just water (due to carb increase) rather than fat. I liked that thought. But not sure how it works the opposite way.
    From tomorrow I’m fasting between meals……psychologically I think that thought process will work better for me.
    I’m loving all the great ideas on here. Definitely keeps me motivated.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Scottishgal. I do not think it is a stupid question to ask how you know if you are burning fat.

I often see people on the forum giving advice that that loosing weight means you can assume you are loosing fat when calculating the level of carbs you can eat. – If that were true then WW and SW and all the other diet roundabouts would work. – Instead all of us on this forum now know that counting calories without counting carbs means your body can’t access its fat stores. So your body has to turn to breaking down other elements of the body to make up the calorie deficit, such as muscles and blood vessels etc.

To know if you are loosing fat you need to know if you are burning fat as your fuel source. – Thats why I like having the cheap breathalyser to hand, so I can monitor if the by products of burning fat are in my breath.

Will get off my soap box now. 🙂

• posted by JGwen
    on

I have some positives to post. I have been engaging my powerful woman persona in the last week.
    I had booked a reputable local digger driver to put in extra drainage on the drive, make the old well safe at the side of my house and scrape the car park area for the holiday let back down to the slate surface. He turned up on time with a digger and driver and I thought that the person he had turned up with worked for him. It turned out that it was a contact that he had passed the work on to who turned up with a mate to drive the dumper truck. – Imagine Laurel and Hardy let loose with a digger.
    The positives. – I have discovered the benefits of going for a weight training session when stressed. – A hard work out changed my evening from an other sleepless night to sleeping like a log.
    They tried the intimidate, there there dear, you don’t know what you are talking about routine. – It failed. – As did the there are two of us so we should earn more than the quote routine.
    Nice amount of rain today to help lay the dust after all the work, and I have already reseeded areas of grass damaged.

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

JGwen, you painted a picture that has made me giggle. I’m sure that they were muttering on their way home about bossy women.

Long live us bossy women!

• posted by Verano
    on

Just thought I’d check in and say ‘hello’. At the moment we are bobbing about in the Atlantic on our way back to Miami and then home.
    My positives are too many to list, but suffice it to say I shall be having my last few ‘indulgences’ over the next day or so before recommitting 100% to BSD!!!
    Hope everyone is keeping positive and I look forward to catching up soon.

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

Thanks JGwen for your explanation. That makes complete sense. I’ve been wondering about buying the cheap breathalyser but to be honest the main figure which I’m trying the hardest to control is my BG level. I guess I’m just going along with the thought that if that’s ok then so is everything else. Granted the weight loss is going very slow but perhaps it’s because I don’t have that much more to lose and have become quite lackadaisical (not sure of the spelling lol). Maybe I should treat myself to the breathalyser but a bit concerned I’ll get too caught up with even more numbers to control. On the other hand it might give me renewed motivation and a new goal to achieve! Can you post a link please for the breathalyser? Thanks.
    PS…..loved the empowered woman story!
    Glad you’re enjoying your holiday Verano.

My positives today are
    1. That’s Monday over with!
    2. I managed to cut down on my snacking today and actually left a small bar of aldis 85% chocolate in my drawer at work as I didn’t feel I wanted it. Holding on to the thought that it’s there for an emergency only and going to see how long I can leave it there!
    3. Looking forward to bank holiday weekend and promising not to over indulge like I did at the last one.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

I’m not really feeling positive but gonna give this a try…
    1. Albert brought in half a rat this morning and some of it’s organs. My positive take? I didn’t have to clean up a whole rat. He’s probably saving the torso for Mother’s Day. A gift is a gift.
    2. A can rolled out of the cupboard and landed on my forehead. My positive take? I didn’t die. I have a lump but no bruise therefore my modelling career still has a chance.
    3. I have scallops for dinner with my favorite broccoli/cauliflower garlic mash. Also I just found a recipe for cauliflower rice mushroom risotto so that will be tomorrow.

• posted by Skipping through the tulips
    on

Kanfin, I love your positive spins on life.
    jgwen I have a very clear image in my head and congratulations on your fortitude.
    Lackadaisical, such a great word. I’m going to try and use it today.
    Here are mine.
    1. The sun is shining and the blooming mistral has gone( I hope).
    2. The exchange students are lovely and load the dishwasher.
    3. Tomorrow is a holiday so planning a fun outing hopeful with a glimpse of the sea.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

My positives for today are…..

1 the sun is shining and my sun trap garden is a dream to relax in with my dogs💞💞💞

2 I have finally sorted my kitchen out and it is once again my zen place🤣

3 I had a little session of trying on clothes yesterday and found I am well on my way to fitting in my dresses and my summer wardrobe that was way too small last year!

Keep smiling guys and I hope all of your days are going well. Birdy💞🦜

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Hi all especially Kanfin

1. Chestnut mushroom risotto with cauliflower, suggested by Kanfin, really delicious and only 10g carb

2. Walking in the woods, saw the bluebells.

3. Trying on my holiday clothes, looking forward to walking in Sardinia.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Yum, Patricia! Would you mind posting the recipe? xx

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Hi Kafin, the recipe is here
    https://blog.paleohacks.com/mushroom-risotto/

I followed it but added finely diced celery to the initial soffrito (fried onion, chestnut mushroom). I ate it with wilted baby spinach leaves.

Quantity for 1
    100g cauliflower florets
    0.5 medium onion
    Half celery stalk
    50g chestnut mushrooms
    0.5 cup beef stock
    Tbs coconut oil
    Carb 11g
    Calories 180

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Thanks, Patricia – mine has cream and butter in it so this is a good alternative.
    It’s very late here but here’s my three before I go to bed:
    1. I was up to date with all my Spanish homework but now I’m not because we had class today and have more. However since we’re working on past tenses, because I WAS up to date, I’m taking that as a win.
    2. I don’t have to buy cat toys for Albert, he can use his own clumps of shedded fur to bat around because his mother is too lazy to vacuum them up.
    3. Found a eye brightener makeup pen in my drawer that I forgot I had and have never used because I’m a bit crap at application. Thought it would help with the bags under my eyes from not sleeping. It did! I now look like a very bright eyed, bushy tailed hooker.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Scottishgal,
    Sorry for the delay in replying, its been a bit busy work wise recently.
    This video shows the model of breathalyser I use, and describes a way of using it. Personally what I do is take a deep breath when I press the start button, and then start counting down when the count down gets to 30, so that I can blow the last of my breath into the breathalyser.
    It only takes a short period after doing the test for the unit to clear, I don’t need to do repeat tests or pull batteries out that he mentions doing in the video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktZ6WtM3QNo

You can buy via amazon or ebay. There are quite a few companies who sell them. Just put in Greenwon AT6000 breathalyser in the search and it will come up.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good morning! Kafin – I laughed out loud at your eye concealer comment which brought on a coughing attack – I’m recovering from tonsillitis and a bad cold! However, my positive spin is that I’m relieved that I didn’t pass on my “brewing” germs to Wendy and her hubby when we met on Sunday for lunch, particularly because lots of hugs and kisses were exchanged! Can I just say, it was like meeting up with a sister that I’ve not seen in ages! Wonderful, funny, lively, bouncy, vivacious Wendy and her hubby were just SPLENDID company and it was such a pleasure to meet them both. Hopefully next time they will come and break up their journey and stay with me as they zig zag around the UK meeting up with various family members!
    Another positive, I’m going on a jewelry making course on Saturday. Gemstones and beads and enamel and silver…. ooooh! It’s a full day and it incorporates lunch. I shall take my own though.
    Another positive and this is a big one for me…. first time since I started this journey I’ve stayed completely away from my nemesis, crusty bread, during a period of annual leave!
    Good to see you Verano, bobbing around and JGwen – Laurel and Hardy was a great description! 🙂
    Am enjoying everyone’s posts… 🙂
    Kazzeexx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Oh Kazz, I wish I could attend the jewelry class with you! It’s always something I have wanted to do. Think how much $$$ I would save? I’ve gone quite beserk with my purchases this Spring…

Kafin, your post made me laugh, too! I’m compulsive about a lot of things, but housekeeping isn’t one of them 🙂 One
    Christmas holiday I was really horrified. All of our furniture is covered in cream colored fabric. We had 3 cream colored
    Siamese at the time, and apparently they had been using the livingroom exclusively for their spontaneous naps. The
    majority of our guests had on either dark or black clothing, and they all left our house with a coating of white cat
    hair on their backs! I was cringing when I sent them on their way at the end of the evening!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Oh Alli, am cackling like a demented witch at that ‘vision’ – your visitors leaving with furry backs! Have they visited since?! 🤣🤣. No? … Oh…! X

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

Thanks JGwen, that was a really informative post. Think I might treat myself to one and it might help spur me on again……nothing like a new toy to play with 😉
    Kafin, your comment on the eye pen was brilliant! You never fail to cheer me up.
    My positives today
    1. OH is away on a golfing trip so been enjoying having the night to myself and doing things I can never usually get around to.
    2. Did some clearing out again and getting rid of some more fat clothes.
    3. Caved in this afternoon when a colleague was going to Greggs and asked him to buy me a yum yum – he came back with 2 and I ate both of them – the only positive I can take from this is that I really enjoyed them 😚

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Sorry about the coughing fit, Kazz! How lovely to meet up with Wendy and looking forward to hearing about the jewellery course! Allie, my mum has that problem with her grey cat, Gus – I’ve seen her run after a friend with one of those lint brushes and try and remove the fur surreptitiously! I’m glad I could make you laugh, Scottishgal. If you ever feel like taking a look, I used to write a blog called SpecialK in LA, which was basically about nothing but my train of thought at the time and to amuse my friends. Warning, it’s very Albert centric! http://akaspecialk.blogspot.com/
    Middle of the day for me, so I’ll post my positives later. But for now, I’m going to have another cup of tea while I sit here and try and do some work with the laptop and Albert on my lap. That’s a positive for me despite the logistics because it makes him so happy 🙂

• posted by alliecat
    on

I’m very cat centric too, Kafin, and I don’t think I’ve ever met one that I didn’t like! I’ll look in on adventures with
    Albert! Cats are geniuses at getting their needs met, and one of ours used to take up nightly residence on
    my husband’s lap. He’s a professor, so he always has a book and a highlighter in his hands, all held up in the
    air to accomodate our son. When O/H would pause in patting the little boy, he would sit right up and tap his paw
    on his face, so that the stroking would continue! I could do “cat stories” forever. Don’t get me started 🙂 🙂 🙂
    Have a good night in L.A.!

Allie

• posted by Mariet
    on

I was thinking the thread had gone quiet since Sunny went off to Turkey, now I find I’ve somehow dropped off the notification email.

I’ll go back and read a bit later but for now, my positives:
    1. My DIL trusted me to mind the baby, the very first time she has left her. We had a lovely day together and she was happy and all smiles when her parents came home.
    2. My autumn garden is bursting with flowers, roses and cosmos all over the house.
    3. Just over 2 weeks to my Mediterranean holiday!

Mariet

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Hi Allie, Kafin, Scottishgal, and all the BSD angels, hope this is a great morning for you too.

1. Fasting today, I’m full of energy and purpose (maybe a little too much so) so the kitchen is sparkling and dishwasher has been scrubbed within an inch of it’s life.

2. Sunny Kent, it’s a breezy and lovely morning.

3. My JOTF fit me – the size 14 jeans are on me now and I’m sitting without any pain 😀

• posted by wendleg
    on

What the heck is a yum yum Scottishgal ??
    I am happily settled on the train to Birmingham..returning to the West Midlands on my carb dodging UK trip 🤣. I can honestly say the buns and pies hold no attraction for me but I love having a bit of cream in my coffee. That’s yum Scottishgal 😊
    Yes it was an absolute joy to meet Kazz and just to reassure anyone who is hesitant about venturing “off forum” …engaging with forum members whether by email.. Skype etc is an added bonus and has totally enhanced the whole experience for me. There was no awkwardness about meeting Kazz..I felt like I had known her for ever as fellow Midlanders . Would love to see her and of course dear Allie in our quiet little part of France.
    I am sporadically checking in and reading all of the posts . Wishing everyone a great Bank Holiday weekend.
    Special thoughts to Amz whom I hope to find on the weekly thread after her wine incident. Lots of love to Kirsten your honour. I surreptitiously followed the blog link and you look so lovely and happy on your photo there ! Amz ..Kafin and anyone else struggling right now. Remember you are beautiful xx

• posted by caronl
    on

Mariet what a lovely sparkling day with your granddaughter! Patricia your Jeans of the Future are now of the Present. Congratulations!

1) Enjoying the quietness of our guest-dog after a good walk in a country park.
    2) Appreciating some lovely music (Schein) ready for a rehearsal tonight.
    3) Knowing that there will be more positives to come today!

Happy Thursday. x

• posted by Esnecca
    on

1) My OH’s birthday house party went off without a hitch. We had 6 guests for 3 days, all of whom eat things I don’t, and they were all happily fed, washed and entertained the whole time.
    2) The vintage Brooks Brothers trench coat I bought him months ago fits him like a bespoke suit. It is unbelievably perfect in fit, condition and features. I literally got weak in the knees when I saw it because I have been suffering massive anxiety in silence since I took the plunge and bought it based solely on measurements knowing that he wouldn’t be able to try it on until well after the return window closed. The weather has even cooperated, from my perspective, because it’s been so cold and rainy that he has worn the coat every day complete with the wool lining.
    3) Without missing a beat, the house party guests were replaced by a family event yesterday in which we divvied up some wonderful old photos and I saw cousins I haven’t seen in years.
    And one extra but in no way superfluous positive thought:
    4) Every bathroom in my house is clean, all sheets and table linens laundered and put away, all china back in the cabinets, kitchen counters uncluttered and gleaming and I am now blissfully alone without a damn thing to do but put my feet up and watch reruns of Murder, She Wrote. Ahhh…

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Gosh, Esnecca, washing your house guests takes hospitality to a whole new level. I just put out clean towels…

• posted by Esnecca
    on

😆

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Allie, I used to travel thousands of miles back to NZ only to be told by my father “don’t sit there, the cat’s there”….
    Nice job on the jeans, Patricia! Thank you, Wendy – now when you refer to me as “your honor”, you will be able to picture me! Although I look about as dignified and honorable as a marshmallow but I’m ok with that!
    Off to Spanish shortly so doing my three now:
    1. All my work is finished for today after a week of early morning conference calls and I only have Friday to go
    2. I booked in for a yoga pop-up on Saturday. I love yoga and my yoga studio but I haven’t gone in a long while so I’m nervous but I know I enjoy these popups and my instructor knows what I’m going through so he is very gentle with me.
    3. I bought corn plasters – feel like this has put me in a new age bracket – and am fascinated by what will happen. However, after half an hour, I checked and nothing has happened. So this is a positive in anticipation of something big happening. How long should this take because I’m starting to get bored waiting for corn action.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi!
    Sorry I’ve not been able to catch up on all the posts but good to see this thread is so active.
    So to my positives…..
    1. Home again safely after a wonderful holiday. I enjoyed with great abandon, although even I couldn’t stoop as low as danish for breakfast! Nonetheless the news on the weight gain side, although not really positive, is less than I thought it might be, so maybe it’s positive after all!
    2. Unpacked, washed and back to normal laundry wise. Just the ironing now which I’ve actually grown to enjoy!
    3. My garden is looking so ‘green’. I’m always struck by how ‘Green’ England is when I’ve been away. My apple tree is in full leaf as are my various Acers. There is nothing quite like an ‘English ‘ garden, even with its many ‘foreign’ specimens.
    Hope everyone is feeling positive. Have a good weekend …… we have a long one away to celebrate with family …. soooooo a new chapter of My BSD journey will start towards the end of next week. In the meantime we all just have to keep on keeping on ………….

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

Well done on fitting into your size 14 jeans Patricia 😁
    Glad you enjoyed your holiday Verano and welcome back.
    My positives today
    1. Bank holiday weekend and no work until Tuesday. Yippee
    2. I only drink tea when I’m at work and have been taking it the last few days without sweetener as I ran out and kept forgetting to take some in. I remembered this morning, made tea with sweetener…….and didn’t like it!.
    3. Someone on here said something to me today that made me think long and hard and re-evaluate exactly where I am on this BSD plan and where I want to be. I’m normally easily pleased and was really happy to get to size 14 and bring my bg levels down. Been in sort of limbo and half heartedly sticking to bsd while gaining and losing the same 4lbs since the initial 8 weeks ended. I’m now thinking why shouldn’t I aim for more? There’s no reason why I can’t aim for a size 12. I suppose initially I assumed it wasn’t achievable…..but I won’t know if I don’t try.

Have a great weekend everyone 😀

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Esnecca, the blessed peace after the guests have gone! Glad you had a wonderful time, and that your OH loves the coat. I can see you are enjoying seeing him in the coat.

Wendleg, laughing at you wearing all your new clothes on the flight

Scottishgal, you go girl!

Kafin, you sound like you are in a good place. I enjoyed the specialk blog, you have a great sense of fun.

Verano, your garden sounds like a lovely place to sit.

Allie, are you feeling better?

My positives are:

1. I have a great physio who has helped me get out of the surgical boot, and be steady on my feet.

2. I made aubergine curry and know now how to make a sweet mess. Without sugar. Anyone who likes Chinese curry should ask me for the secret.

3. The fast was a good time to think, I want to do that once a week.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Thanks, Patricia – it’s quite old now but I enjoyed it when I was writing. I’m slowly turning it into a book (very, very slowly) – figured I already had the content done and I’ve always wanted to write a book.
    I agree with your number 3, Scottishgal – maybe your revelation will inspire me.
    1. House is clean for the weekend
    2. Bought Albert a new bed that he is loving sleeping next to.
    3. I have finished doing a redline of a contract for work that I have been putting off for a while. I feel a lot of relief. And now back to the Spanish homework

Have a good weekend everyone xx

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

I love reading all the good stories on this thread!
    My 3 for today:
    1. I am just at the end of week 7 of Fast 800 and feeling great. Hooray!
    2. There may just be some rain today – which we so desperately need
    3. I can feel the tenderness in my legs after doing some extra leg pushes at the gym (very light ones mind!) – so that is good as it tells me I am pushing my muscles.

Patricia1066 – please please tell me more about your aubergine/eggplant curry and the secret recipe! I would really like to try something like this as I like eggplant.

My made-up meal this week was based on one in the recipe section of this site – using red peppers/capsicum.
    I halved the capsicum and took out seeds. Into the bottom of each half I put in 2 frozen spinach blocks – slightly defrosted so I could spread it out a little. Also threw in some finely chopped celery. Topped that with tablespoon of sour cream (didn’t have sour cream so used greek yogurt with a squeeze of lemon in it) and then topped that a small can of tuna (they are 95g tins here) divided over the 2 halves. Then into oven about 200C for 20/25 mins or so – keep a watch in it. Then out of the oven and spread another tablespoon of the sour cream over each half and added 50g of small prawns over each half, a sprinkle of salt, pepper and paprika, and lastly about 20g of shredded tasty cheese over the top of each. Back into the oven for 10-15 mins. My tracker had this at 313 calories and 7.4g carbs so good for a meal – serve with a little extra veg. I kept one for lunch the next day and that tasted even nicer as the flavours had melded.

Happy Weekend! Merry

• posted by JackieM
    on

Good morning all! I used the forums SO MUCH during my initial weight loss two years ago. I’m back because I’ve let a few pounds creep back on so am re-visiting the way I eat.

NB: I think I put weight on (about 10llbs, just enough to take me to very top of a healthy weight) because I was getting too relaxed about portion control and snacking when not actually hungry. Plus too much cream in coffee! I’ve never gone back to a high carb way of life.

My positives are

1) For me the low carb diet has transformed me. Not just the 3 stone I lost, but the lack of irrational ‘red rage’ anger and the amount of energy I have now, plus now I do not stress about food. It’s absolutely a way of life. I recently said sorry to my daughter for how mean I was when she was having trouble at school and she said she forgave me because ‘it was when you were having problems with your blood sugar’. I’m such a nicer person now.

2) this time round I’m finding intermittent fasting the way forward. I find it very little problem to go 18-20 hrs without eating, before this was a stretch. I’m keeping my ‘window’ small.

3) I didn’t do formal exercise for a year as I was busy (we got a new dog, so I was active but not at gym). Even after a year I am amazed at how little flexibility and form I have lost. And I’m 49 nearly 50! So it is worth starting again if you st out of routine!

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Hi Merry, the aubergine curry was the result of a mixup. Instead of using chicken stock I used the Knorr beef stock pot. I won’t be repeating this myself, but it does have the sweet spicy flavour of a Chinese curry, and with baked sweet potato wedges would be a good combination.
    The recipe has aubergine, small onion Portobello mushrooms, chopped celery, grated ginger, a chilli pepper diced, red curry paste to your taste and stock pot gel.
    I fry the onion and mushrooms in coconut oil adding ginger and curry paste. Add chopped aubergine. I leave the skin on unless it’s old and leathery. Add chilli .
    Once the aubergine is infused with flavour, add stock and hot water, sufficient to keep the curry moist but not runny.
    When I noticed my mistake I added quite a lot of soy sauce, this salts it and complements the sweet beefiness.
    Based on the portion 100g aubergine, 1 tbs coconut oil calories 188, carb 9.4g

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Good morning everyone I hope you have all had a good week? I have been a bit mentally exhausted but that is nights shift for you. I have been keeping up with posts and I am so so pleased that there has been lots of positives being posted! Well done guys and for those who are a little down and worried don’t worry we are all here for you and we are cheering you on ❤️ . So my positives are…

1 Nights are finished for another week and I survived🤣

2. I made a lovely Aubergine curry last night and I am looking forward to the week ahead on this WOE.

3 I am another pound down! So that is 13.15kg/29lbs discarded in just over 4 weeks!😊😊 very happy so far! I also need to wear a belt with all my jeans as they keep falling down!🤣

Have a fab weekend guys, I am of to watch the Army Navy and a lot of drunk men make fools of themselves🤣🤣🤣🤣. Birdy💞🦜

Please log in or register to post a reply.