Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

1. sixturkeys is back! Great to see you, my sextuple poultry friend. I saw three wild turkeys on the side of the highway the other day and I thought of you. 😀
    2. All my daffodils and crocuses are up and running and the massive rhododendrons in the front yard are simply heaving with buds. They’ll burst into bloom soon and it’s going to be a glorious year for them.
    3. My bff has decided to cut carbs to shed some pounds that have lingered since she had her baby 3 years ago and it’s been so much fun helping her with meal ideas and sharing some of my favorite products. She’s making lupin flour pancakes tomorrow!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Wishing EVERYONE a happy Passover/Easter! I see no rain in the forecast and mild temps for my UK friends..
    Take a lovely walk in the garden, and leave the Easter eggs for others 🙂 🙂 🙂

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Birdy, you and me have to sort out that black thumb we inflict on our gardens! I look out on the place where a honeysuckle was trained up the wall; DH cut it down as he disapproves of climbers. Or maybe just ivy?

The bushes are in bloom, and the weeds comply with the best that Wild Britain could ask for.

Sunny here in SE England, and we are going to have no chocolate eggs in our house. But we never did, so that’s not a problem.

Happy Easter, Passover, enjoy the weekend.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Esnecca, Allie had also mentioned seeing wild turkeys some time back, it’s so odd to think of them running free (though I don’t know how they survive the savage winters you have where you both are). And Allie, “mild temps” in the UK are forecast to be more than that – Easter Sunday (at least in South East) is supposed to be hottest on record! I am not good in the heat, so will aim to be up and doing early, before I collapse in a heap behind closed blinds. But no Easter Eggs! I am planning lamb cutlets with griddled aubergines (marinated with some fresh chilli) with a fresh coriander, mint and ginger sauce, with watermelon and feta salad (I know the watermelon is not strictly good… ) for lunch, it will be nice to have the children round. Have a lovely weekend all.

• posted by wendleg
    on

I am on holiday folks !!!!!!!! I had my roots done today and hair tamed. Having my hair done always makes me feel good 😉
    I can lie in tomorrow ( bliss) , go to aqua gym and start to pack for the Uk trip on Tuesday !
    No Easter eggs here , for sure.
    Turkeys you would struggle with the summer températures here …we can have up to 40 ° !!

• posted by Esnecca
    on

My parents live on many acres of wooded wetland and they have a large flock of turkeys sharing the property with them. I believe there were more than 2 dozen at one point. They can often be seen in my parents’ yard feasting on the crab apples from their tree during the long cold months.

Your Easter feast sounds delicious. Enjoy it and the time spent with your family!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Your herb and ginger sauce sounds fabulous, sixturkeys, and lamb always reminds me of Spring. Enjoy!

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Patricia I really need to turn my black thumb green🤣🤣. It really has been a very sunny warm day in th SE of England! Lovely💞🦜

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Positives today are:
    1. I went for a walk for 20 minutes and didn’t need to rest until I got to the shopping centre.
    2. My next project is to grow some herbs from seeds, well maybe from fully grown plants in the garden centre 😁
    3. Since the broth fast, I have not had any hunger pangs for breakfast. I can wait until 10am for my eggs. That’s 16 hours fasting, which I am pleased with.

Safe travels, Wendy. Brighton should be fun in the sunshine.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Well done Patricia ! That’s really good going !
    A 16h fast is fantastic xx
    Love the herbs. My lovely hubby keeps me well stocked with parsley, thyme , rosemary and sage and I bring dried oregano back from our travels to Italy !

So sorry ! I only just saw your post about a bus from Olbia to Alghero on the Holidays thread ! Thank you SO MUCH !!
    Your trip is getting closer !

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Wendy, that direct bus route makes the most of your holiday time between the two places Olbia and Alghero, so I was very pleased to find it for you.

I can’t wait to go to Alghero, especially as my sister is coming too.
    My plan is to eat antipasti, especially grilled vegetables, then a secondi like tuna or prawns.
    The local wine Cannonau is very dry red which suits tuna and beef.
    I can’t remember if you told me, have you been to Sardinia before?

• posted by wendleg
    on

No Patricia .This will be our first trip to Sardinia. xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

What a shame that you and Wendy won’t be in Sardinia at the same time, Patricia! Grilled vegetables, a few olives, and
    tuna sounds like a feast fit for kings! When is your trip?

• posted by Squidge
    on

The weather has been fabulous. It makes me feel better – and it’s much easier to eat healthily in the warm wethar, I find and going for a walk is a lot more pleasant.

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Allie, Wendy, I was thinking the same – we will be there in mid May.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I’ve been dipping on from time to time and it’s been wonderful reading all the positive posts. Seems UK is basking in sunshine and enjoying unusually good temps. Here in Turkey, we have had the sun and blue skies, but a very cold wind from the north. Promised better to come over the coming week though
    My current positives are …
    1) spending time with OH
    2) lovely fresh foods from the three times weekly markets
    3) acquired a beautiful little orchid and a basil plant, both of which add life to the apartment.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Lovely to hear from you SunnyB ! Your Turkish sojourn sounds idyllic !
    I am on holiday until the 6th May and will be in the Uk from Wednesday , looking forward to catching up with my family ( 2 days in Brighton !)
    Spoke to my boys today and they are well and happy in Oz
    Got a lot of tidying up done today ready for the trip ( I like returning to a tidy house !)
    I sold 4 tunics on eBay which are now too big for me 😉
    It’s all good xxx

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Hope you have all had a lovely Easter Sunday. Fortunately my children were late for lunch as it took much longer to prep than I had thought! Washing, drying, and taking leaves off 250g coriander and 150 g mint is not a five minute job, nor is griddling sliced aubergines for 4 when you only have one skillet…..I found the recipe in a magazine last week, it is apparently inspired by a Californian chef I had never heard of, Wolfgang Puck. As well as the herbs and fresh ginger in the sauce, there is oil (sunflower…), rice vinegar, bit of sesame oil and 2 tspns sweet chilli dip. Wrangling all those leaves in liquidiser and then passing and pressing gloop through fine sieve was quite intensive! Very tasty , though the comment was it did look like bright green pond algae…..I have lots left and my son took some back home with him…I am planning to have with some cut price hake I got the other day, which is in freezer. And Birdy I also had some wine…..Tomorrow is another day and the coming week is another week.

• posted by Squidge
    on

Sixturkeys, next time don’t bother drying the mint and coriander and stripping the leaves from the stem – just remove any really tough stalks, rinse if needed and throw the whole lot in the blender. Personally I wouldn’t sieve it either – fibre is good!

I’ve just been for a jog. That’s not really my positive news, although I am pleased I was fit enough to do it. The best bit was no swaying! Last time I jogged my stomach kind of swayed as I moved. I think I’ve made that sound even worse than it really was – I wasn’t knocking over small children as I passed or anything like that! Anyway, no sway today! My stomach although still living up to my name, is now too small for that.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

I have a just one positive today and that is I am back on plan after silliness. The damage could have been worse but it wasn’t. 💞🦜

• posted by Squidge
    on

Back on plan is good, Birdy!

Don’t feel bad about any ‘silliness’, instead try to learn from it so you don’t make exactly the same mistake again.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Thanks squidge💞🦜

• posted by Skipping through the tulips
    on

Well no 1 is easy
    1. kids and OH back to school and work. I definitely feel more in control when I’m cooking for everyone less.
    2. Just bought 2 organic free range chickens that were half price and going to cook something delicious for dinner and have something to freeze.
    3. Because the chickens were cheep😄 bought a pair of white flared jeans so this is going to be my next goal.
    Come on you lot! I need to hear your positives

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

My positives are:
    1. Thanks to the forum chat I decided to get gp advice and referral to physio – things are going well but ankle fracture rehab isn’t suitable for a personal trainer.
    2. I have on a pair of jeans and tight jean jacket last worn 4 years ago.
    3. I am walking around in my shoes, no limp.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Motivational jeans? I like it! There was much discussion of this concept a few years ago on the
    threads…and an acronym emerged: JOTF..(jeans of the future) 🙂

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Afternoon I have my three,

1 I am back the plan with a bang!

2. We have newbies and everyone has made them welcome, love you guys.

3. I got my K-stix and I am happy to report I am in moderate fat burning! I am chuffed as I thought the alcohol would have messed my right up🤣😝. It will be a lot better in a couple of days I am sure. Breathalyser is on its way too so hopefully get a better reading on there.

Have a great day guys. Birdy💞🦜

on

Love the idea of JOTF. Hopefully the near future. I wasn’t too unrealistic but the ever present muffin is somewhat accentuated by the tight waist. It’s probably a bit unrealistic to expect it a 6 pack but a bit less jelly would be nice.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone ..just a quickie. Am in Blighty …Evesham right now having a drink en route to my family . Finding the traffic very stressful after quiet country roads in France.
    Anyway a big positive for me was that my seatbelt on Easyjet was not on the last inch round my jelly belly !! Had lots of room left in fact .Victory !!! Another hour or so on the road. Glad to see the forums are thriving !
    Hi Birdy …you are doing a grand job on the weekly thread. ! Brighton tomorrow. I will check in when I can xx

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Glad I can do it justice Wendleg😀. Hope the rest of your travel isn’t as stressful 💞🦜

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Quack! Quack! Its been two weeks already and I’m BACK! – seems to have flown by yet an age since homestyle realities, and catching up with friends here . . .!!! And what a WONDERFUL round trip cruising Sydney/Sydney via both islands of New Zealand is now firmly in my memory bank 🙂 Went with intentions of maintaining BSD principles wherever possible though without missing out on ALL the gorgeous food offerings . . . and while there were a few “fun treats” I permitted – did it with ease! Three meals a day?????? UNHEARD of for almost 10 months but enjoyed immensely! Two days home and back to one or two snacksize “meals” a day . . . According to clothes – inches have been left behind – could have been all the walking around the ship and on tour days ashore . . . !!! but who cares? They are gone!!! So, many items are being laundered and passed on 🙂 Have brought home dreadful sinus issues from insensitive passengers not observing basic hygiene but then . . . . home remedies seem to be slowly reversing that malady – and just maybe the lack of sleep by burning the candle at both ends to take FULL advantage of ALL entertainment available and friendships made could have had something to do with it! Anyways a straight 18 hours sleep on return tells the story better than words . . . Shiniest highlight of many many many was a hour ride at ALL speeds on 3-seater, V8Thundertrike around Paihia and Waitangi area, Bay of Islands. Straightened hair and facial skin stretched and flattened like G’Force pictures not a good look BUT!!! What a ride! Go Granny!!! Quack! Quack!

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Duckie!! A bout of insomnia means I am up at nearly 2 a.m but can be first in line to say Welcome Back!! You have been missed. Your trip sounds amazing, Duckie on a Thundertrike! And more inches discarded! We want to hear more about your adventures! xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Welcome HOME, Duckie! You have been missed 🙂

on

Hello Duckie, your trip sounds amazing.

1. Its just stopped raining. when i woke up this morning I thought it was going to rain all day.

2. I’ve discovered that when your linseeds are not a year out of date and rancid they are actually quite nice.

3. I’m going to come back to number three since struggling a bit this morning

• posted by wendleg
    on

Welcome back Duckie ! Good to see you back. I am checking in from the UK. Not as exotic as your trip 😊 but meeting up with my family is magic.
    Looking forward to reading your posts …and you have yet to meet Birdy 🥰🥰xx

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Wendleg glad you are getting there and the sun is trying to get out in this part of the country now after the rain!

My positives today

1 my friend came to lunch and said she can notice I have lost weight🥰, I haven’t seen her since week one.

2. Same friend brought lunch but it was two different types of muffins! One sweet one savoury, but I got her to have my lunch instead which was chicken, avocado and mayo lettuce wraps and she loved them.

3; I didn’t touch the devil carbs my friend brought with her🤣🤣🤣. In fact she took them home with her unopened 🥰

Have a great folks and welcome back Duckie! Birdy💞🦜

• posted by caronl
    on

Birdy76 I am seriously impressed by your approach to lunch with your friend. Congratulations! My positives today:
    1) Did not lose the dog this morning despite her turning into the Hound of the Baskervilles at the end of the flexilead.
    2) Enjoying the last of this Easter sunshine in the garden, and counting new tulips every day.
    3) Looking forward to seeing friends tonight at choir.
    Happy Wednesday everyone.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Thank you Caroni I am pretty chuffed with myself, oops hang on my halo just slipped🤣. She is lovely and only a size 10! 💞🦜

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Just dropped by for a quick catch up. Finally we have perfect weather here in our little corner of Turkey and the real sun worshipping can begin

Aside from that, positives are ….
    1) fabulous salads
    2) time with OH
    3) taking time to simply ‘be’ – no ‘doing’ required.

Hope everyone is having a really positive day and will be posting the highlights later.

on

Turkey sounds like bliss.
    Getting in early with my positives today since I’ve not felt like posting herethis week much.

1 the rain has stopped and there is beautiful blue sky.
    2. Dropped off the kids at school and done a fast 1/2 hour walk, whilst thinking about my positives
    3. Feeling happy to be alive. Lost 10kg in total so my full 40 packs of butter.
    I love this thread and it makes my day to read others’ posts no matter how mundane.

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Positives are
    1. I cleaned and organised the kitchen yesterday.
    2. I used public transport into central London yesterday, and all went well.
    3. The concert and meeting my “culture buddy” was great.

My nephew is gas, he and I both love baroque music so we are “culture buddies”

I am finding the restriction of injury quite annoying. But when I am going offplan, my friends here get on my case and I find a distraction from food. My kitchen is looking better.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hello everyone. Just leaving Brighton after a wonderful catch up with my family . The weather stayed fine for the celebration in Lewes and a delicious vegan meal in Brighton !! A walk along the sea front with my niece was the perfect end to our stay . Still doing OMAD here and not tempted by carby UK foods..honest !! We have another week back in the Midlands. Meeting up with Kazzee on Sunday !!! That’s another massive positive .Can’t wait. BsD is turning out to be so much more than the forum !! Love to everyone xx

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Wendleg you go girl!❤️❤️❤️ I am bowing down to you right now!😝🥰

The sun is shining and I am pleased to be on here as nights are such a downer!

1 the sun is shining and I know my walk with the dogs is going to be relaxing and pleasant

2 night shift is finished for another week!

3. Even though I have just come off of nights I am bursting with energy and ready to tackle my kitchen, throw crap out and make it my BSD zen kitchen!😝

Hope you all have an amazing weekend guys! like Wendleg this BSD really is turning out to being so much more! Love it! Birdy 💞🦜

• posted by wendleg
    on

I have a shopping trip in Asda to look forward to when my train gets in Birdy … I am honestly yearning for some cool fresh crispy salad. My sister in law is asking for low carb meals so we can chat recipes ! Have to beat a path through the aisles of breakfast cereals ..biscuits..cakes and other cr*p !! The special offers on processed carbage are shocking.
    Off to Stratford upon Avon tomorrow…and a cheeky shop. It’s weird leaving the size 20s and 22s on the rails now 😊. Turkeys …will be replenishing my stock of bloomers in M and S tomorrow !! 😂

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Wendleg, enjoy the knicker shopping! Go mad! I also googled the Lewes Registry office, as you don’t normally associate them with gardens – it looks stunning! I fessed up on the 100k Celebrations thread (hopefully not spoiling the mood..), and Caronl sent a very kind answer – but if you can keep telepathic beady eyes on me, that would also help! KOKO, or, as I need to approach it, GBOKO (get back on to keeping on…). Duckie, how are you? And Kafin and Shellbob?

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Replying to turkeys and hi to all Forum Friends 🙂 Almost a week gone since disembarking and Im finding it difficult to get back into step with life in general. Am still a little tired from the sinus bug which found me three day from home . . . and has since hung about all week . . . and from the previous full-on two weeks – ALL the activities, side tours expended LOADS of energy 🙂 Foodwise is OK . . . not see it – not want – or need it seems to be the case 🙂 – (maybe taste buds have been effected) . . . as opposed to having a menu of fancy names, or a buffet with way too many – (YES!!! BSD friendly!!!) – choices which was the “normal” format – and thoroughly exploited AND enjoyed on the floating palace for two weeks! Have now unpacked totally, laid out gifts to be divided and sorted as appropriate for recipients 🙂 . . . laundered suitcase contents, and returned only some things to the wardrobe . . . the new, slimmer, moved off the plateau me saw more culling definitely necessary as I searched for something inter-seasonal to wear to meet a friend for lunch yesterday. Sitting at randomly placed outdoor furniture, on the lawns outback of an off the beaten track local county pub, in the deliciously warm autumn sun with a scrumptious Ploughmans to share, was a divine was to catchup on girl stuff 🙂 Tomorrow is back to Nanna’s helping out as school term begins Tuesday. The memories of a WONDERFUL time are already beginning to soften as they slip further behind . . . and a new day/week/chapter begins.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Hello Duckie. Good to hear from you tho I am sorry you are still getting over the sinus bug. Your two week adventure sounds very full-on so no wonder that you feel a tad exhausted! It also sounds as if you need to replenish your autumn/winter collection to fit the “new you”! It is a horrible windy gloomy damp day in London, what a difference a week makes, it was so hot and sunny over the Easter weekend. Hope everyone has a good weekend, wherever you may be!

on

1. Went for a run, which was hard so I walked the last half. Practicing a little mindfulness and listening to the birds.
    2.sheets blowing on the washing line.

3. Off for a lovely lunch, which if the online menu is true isn’t going to derail me

Please log in or register to post a reply.