Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi caronl ! Good to see you posting .I’m glad you are feeling positive and back on plan after recent struggles and carby temptations !

I am looking forward to a sunny weekend here. Like you I love this time of year. One Week to go before the school holidays.

My niece has booked a wedding meal at a vegetarian restaurant in Brighton and it looks really interesting ! There are several vegetarians and végans in our family.Not sure how they will respond to my low carb /fasting WOE.
    .I might have to keep quiet !
    Have a great weekend doggysitting.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Thank you Caroni 💞🦜

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Thank you for the birthday wishes!

• posted by Birdy76
    on

I am fasting and it has been 19hrs and feeling good!❤️💞🦜

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

1. My 40 hour fast is finished and I’m eating spinach, bacon and mushroom omelette.
    2. The measurement show 1 cm off waist, hips and chest.
    3. It’s been remarkably easy to fast, no hunger, no headache.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Well done Patricia that is amazing!

My 3 are

1 I have not gained weight. My macros are on point too.😄

2 I have just got back from watching my sons team play rugby away to Hove and they won👊🏻😉. My boy scoring 4 of the 8 try’s! Awesome match the team played so well together.

3 I am off to Kent and my mum is cooking the roast chicken from the book and I can’t wait.

Happy Sunday everyone 💞🦜

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

Well done Patricia! That’s brilliant! I struggled to manage half of that so I can appreciate what a great accomplishment you’ve made

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Scottishgal, it’s doing it when it’s hard that deserves kudos. So kudos to you, you proved able to reach 20 hour mark, so you are deep in ketosis.
    Has this helped your comfort level in following low carb?

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

Thanks Patricia. And yes it has definitely helped! Although being back at work tomorrow will be the test! I’m only working 2 days this week so hopefully it will be better than last week and easier.
    I’m going to add my own positives here…..been meaning to do it for ages.
    1. Made a start on my wardrobe tonight.
    2. Surprised at how invigorating it was and how much energy I had……could have kept going but had to stop in time to watch line of duty tonight 😉
    3. The Easter eggs are still hidden and untouched!

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Good afternoon everyone, Scottishgal you go girl.

1. I got two new bras, so comfort at last!🤣🤣 big sigh 🤣

2. I Also got myself some comfy trousers for work, all lovely and elastic so when my body decides to swell at night they won’t cut in.

3. I have not got on the scales and I am not bothering until next Sunday at weigh in. I feel good about my decision, after all the advice you awesome people have given me. I also took the new devil bathroom scales to my mum’s as she needed a set. She can have the evil “you are actually 3lbs heavier than you thought” 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Hope you are all having a fab day, I am about to leave Kent to go back home😢 💞🦜

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Hi birdy76, no scales for me either as I can only stand when wearing a space boot. Comfy bra = happiness.

Scottishgal, we are all going to have the best summer with space for new smaller dresses and trousers.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Oh my God, Paris and France, I just heard. I cannot express my sorrow — beautiful Notre Dame, such a loss.
    I am crying for you.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

My three for today:
    1. I had my interview to be a child advocate in the foster system here in Los Angeles – clicked with the interviewer and he ok’d me on the spot! Just waiting on the face to face background check and then training begins. Feel free to address me as “Your Honor” from now on as I’m just six weeks away from being an officer of the court 😉
    2. Just about finished Day 2 of my restart and feeling good so far physically. I struggle
    In the evenings with wanting to stuff myself so going to have a lot of evening showers!
    3. Caught up with an old friend today and got the third bunch of birthday flowers. My apartment smells divine.

Hope everyone else had a good day
    Kirsten xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

A huge congratulations, your Honor! Things seem to be very “on track” for you. I love flowers!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Thank you, Allie! I like how you pay attention, I said the same to my family and they said…no.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Oh we have a name for Kafin..Good morning , Kirsten Your Honour ! I am pleased that the procedure is going to plan. All the best for your training. Tune in to us if you need support in the evenings
    It was good to hear something positive this morning. We are all so sad here .I watched the news from Paris in disbelief last night but it is heartwarming to witness how people come together in traumatic times. I will try to hang on to that positive feeling.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Wow Kristen your honor that is amazing news, congratulations!

Mine so far today are

1 I woke up this morning with no GERD pain in my left side, (sorry next bit a little gross) and a normal bowel movement,

2. No bloating, in fact I feel slimmer than I have in years!

3 I feel full of energy and ready for anything.

Thank you guys and what a difference a few days make. So so happy. Birdy💞🐥

• posted by JGwen
    on

Well Kafin, we have always been honoured to have you as one of the team, – so glad to hear that your application has been successful and you are going to able to help children in this way.

Like others I am sad to hear the news from Paris, but I am glad to see from the news today that most of the stone structure is still in place. I remember looking at Notre Dame from the outside on visits to Paris but never saw the interior.

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

My positives are:
    1. It’s a bright and lovely morning, perfect for enjoying my reorganised wardrobe!
    2. My reaction to a delayed hospital appointment was calm. The hospital rep had no information to offer, but checked for me that my x-ray will be on the system later this week.
    3. My size 18 linen trousers are hanging off me now! My size 18 jeans have shrunk so much they still fit.

Birdy76, glad you are doing well.
    Your honor, delighted you got the job, you can follow your passion.
    Notre dame Cathedral will be rebuilt, the damage has been horrifying to watch.

• posted by caronl
    on

1) Lovely day here too. Apple tree about to erupt in blossom.
    2) I see we are getting close to 100,000 posts on the website. Should we celebrate? Perhaps a time-limited celebration thread where we invite members past and present to post their top positives of this way of eating?!
    3) Had a glorious day in Amsterdam yesterday – seeing Rembrandts and Hockneys and sunbathing in the museum gardens.
    Happy Tuesday!

• posted by Jennie10
    on

caronl – I think that’s a great suggestion

• posted by alliecat
    on

Great thought, Caron!!! I’ll be keeping an eye out for it 🙂 I will be able to go on and on for days!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Great to see so many positives being posted. I have been frustrated by a broadband issue, which thankfully is now fixed, so I’m once again able to see what’s happening on the forum.
    Positives from me right now are ….
    1) Sitting in sunshine on our balcony typing this.
    2) Visited my hairdresser today for much needed cut and more importantly, intensive conditioning treatment. Hair looks and feels great!
    3) Looking forward to cooking some lovely fresh aubergine for dinner tonight.
    More in a day or two … Keep those positives coming!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Thank you, everyone.
    Love, Your Honor.

1. Day 3 of my restart completed successfully
    2. I love butter. I never knew about butter, it had always been a no-no. But now it’s a yes-yes and it’s delicious
    3. I have all day tomorrow to study for my Spanish mid-term – I need all year but after tomorrow, I’ll know more than I currently know now.

• posted by avisamuelgrey
    on

1. The sun is out in Glasgow.
    2. I have a protein bar for the late afternoon munchies (instead of eating nearly a whole bag of almonds like yesterday 🙁 )
    3. THE SUN IS OUT IN GLASGOW!

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning or maybe afternoon not quite sure where I am at the moment!!!
    Lovely to read all your positives.
    A quick catch up from me…..
    1. A long day travelling yesterday but safely in Miami now. I ‘waved hi’ to you Allie and all my other friends on the East Coast as we flew over a good part of the US yesterday.
    2. Manhatten skyline is wonderful especially as the sun is setting.
    3. Sun is shining and looking forward to a few weeks of being looked after!
    Sorry I’ve not posted lately but I love reading all your positives. Happy hols sunshine-girl and Sunny and happy Holiday to everyone.

• posted by alliecat
    on

!After this winter, you deserve a holiday, V.! I’m glad you are on your way. Caribbean, here she comes! 🙂 🙂 :).
    Have a great trip

• posted by JGwen
    on

1. I had time to call in at the free books “shop” in town and pick up 3 sci fi books as my treat for myself for Easter. I am planning to find some time over the bank holiday weekend in a quiet spot in one of the fields curled up with a book in the sunshine.

2. I was a bit taken aback today, the university lecturer running this weight lifting research project believes in calories in / calories out. – It sort of set him back on his heels when I started quoting different research papers about carb restriction, BMR, and ketosis. :-} I successfully completed 3 stages of the Bruce protocol as my warm down. – Our initial assessment involved the Bruce protocol and I only managed the first two stages, so I have set myself a challenge to improve on that.

3. I have been cracking up with laughter tonight at Equestrian Pilates. – Its the first time ever I have done an exercise class involving balancing using one of the inflatable exercise balls. The tutor had us in some strange positions to work on the core muscle groups, just getting into the right position to try the exercise was a challenge. Not helped because I had made the decision based on the exercises last week to wear loose trousers and they were too loose and slipping down at times.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Time for new trousers, JGwen! What’s the Bruce protocol?

1. I got a lot of studying done today so feeling confident about pospreposicionales, pretérito and objecto directo/indirecto. Still have time tomorrow to tackle the hard stuff that I’m ignoring before mid term in the evening
    2. I reinvented an old classic from Uni days tonight – smoked trout fillets with a puréed cauliflower/broccoli top. Al la fish pie!
    3. According to the Ketosis dipstick, I’m in low Ketosis which is great after only 3 days. I k ow they’re not super accurate but I’m a big baby about pricking my finger…

• posted by wendleg
    on

Oh Kirsten your honour, that brings back memories ! I began Spanish at secondary school and because I am very old the method we used was “An essential course in modern Spanish” by H Ramsden. I think we worked through the book from cover to cover.I could hardly speak a word of Spanish but my grammar was perfect 😉 I do love the language though. I vow to learn Italian when I retire !
    Do you know ‘ Quizlet’ ? It’s a very useful tool for learning vocabulary etc. Here’s an example :
    https://quizlet.com/HolaProfThomas/intermediate-spanish-grammar-gramatica-para-espanol-intermedio-fy13g4/sets
    You can do a search for a particular topic or grammar point and you can work with cards and other activities. I am on there if you do a search for wendleg but my stuff is for French learners of English 😉
    Have a great day !

• posted by wendleg
    on

Quizlet can be used for free by the way.Ignore any paying programmes

• posted by Kafin13
    on

I really love my new title, Wendy! (I think that’s your name??). I’ve used quizlet a bit and spanishdictionary.com has good explanations and tests. My teacher for Spanish 1 was awesome but the teacher for Spanish 2 doesn’t practice speaking much with us or explaining so I usually come home and figure out myself. It is a beautiful language and I feel like it’s respectful to learn it when I live in a place where it’s spoken so widely. Latinos here are very tolerant of my practice attempts! Plus it’s good to have something to occupy myself instead of eating! I’m off to bed but hope all of those that are starting their day have a lovely one xx

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Kafin, as part of the battery of tests on this research program into the benefits of weight training for women in their 50’s we had to wear heart monitor and a mask to monitor our breath patterns while using a treadmill in a standardised protocol for evaluating fitness called the Bruce protocol.

You start off on a treadmill with a gradient of 10% at a speed of 2.74km. After 3 minutes this goes to gradient of 12% speed 4km, after 3 minutes this goes to gradient of 14% speed 5.4km, after 3 minutes this goes to gradient of 16% speed 6.76km etc etc.

When I did my assessment before starting weight training I only managed to do the first two stages before the assessor stopped the test. I am determined to do better, so have been using my warm down on the treadmill after each weight training session to practice. Walking briskly up hill is actually a more practical exercise than one of the weight training tasks. The leg presses and arm pulls are using muscles I use regularly, but I can’t think of a situation in daily life where lifting weights already at shoulder height so they are in front of my face is something I would want to do.

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

Enjoy your holiday Verano.
    And well done Kafin. Sounds like you’re doing great so far. Keep it up.
    My positives for today
    1. The sun is shining in Glasgow again and it’s forecast to get even warmer tomorrow 😀
    2. I’m going away today for a 2 night break with OH and I’m so looking forward to it.
    3. And I’ve finally lost another pound! Over the last few weeks I keeping gaining a few pounds and then losing them again but finally lost an extra one, taking me to my lowest weight in years! 😁

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi all, Wendleg, I could have done with quizlet a few weeks ago. Our house sitters are due to arrive any minute and they are from Argentina and dont seem to speak much English. Been doing Duolingo but can only manage – yo come manzana – I eat apples. Have a great holiday Verano, see you when you get back.
    Positives:
    Will be seeing my family in 2 days
    Meeting new people later today
    and
    going on our annual cruise in one week
    Yeah

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Morning everyone and I hope the sun is shinning on you all! I am just awake from my nightshift and I am loving it that it is actually a little too warm to walk my fur babies at the moment😄. This is to do with the weather finally being how it should be, not the fact that I don’t want to walk my dogs because I do and will but around 5pm so they don’t get overheated 🥵.

Essie I made the dogs join me upstairs on their own beds as I was determined to get some sleep without my blonde himbo barking and waking me up🤣🤣.

So my three today are

1. I have finished 50% of my nights🤣😋😝

2. The sun is shining and my garden is back to being a blooming sun trap!

3. My O/H is buying me a piece of really strong cheddar for Easter and not an egg. This will be for little treats over the next month, rather than gobbling a chocolate egg in a matter of minutes🤣🤣.

Hope you are all well! For those of you going on holiday have an amazing time. 💞🦜

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Hi everyone, my positives are:
    1. The fracture clinic saw me today and said that I don’t need to return. My recovery will be complete in 3 months, but all is going as it should.
    2. I’m walking around without the boot! With the consultant’s permission.
    3. We are going to Wales in 2 weeks time to see our family, it’ll be great.

I can’t swim or run for at least 6 weeks from injury 😫, but at least I’m not ignorant of the risk.
    I was looking forward to swimming in Sardinia, but it’s easy to see why it’s a bad idea. The undertow when getting out is hard work on the joints and ankles.

Birdy76, can you avoid nights altogether in future?

• posted by Kafin13
    on

JGwen – I do remember reading you were starting this trial and it’s so fascinating sounding, thanks for the explanation. I would love to do something like this and sounds like you’re making great strides (forgive the pun) on the treadmill stages. Will keep looking out for progress updates from you.
    Thanks, Scottishgal – enjoy your break and Patricia, glad to hear the boot is gone!

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Patricia maybe when I am old enough to retire🤣🤣🤣. Until then nights gives me the ability to keep both my boys happy 😆. My son has me here to see him off to school everyday and my O/H has me home all weekend🙄men🤣💞🦜

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Bizarrely, I seem to have had a bit of a whoosh by going off plan on two or three occasions in the last couple of weeks. One slice of crusty bread with cheese, two crackers with cheese, one dish with lots of caramelised onions and no holding back on wine on some days. But down on scales and my “apron” is definitely “neater”. JGwen, I am sure you will have looked into Minnesota experiment, which is obviously very far from this WoE, but I think that also noted a “re-feeding” element? Obviously not long term! Kafin, I did see you sailed through the child advocacy interview – that is brilliant. Otherwise, I repeat I made a mistake, which came across badly. Birdy, I do see you are most definitely not a “bot”, it was a collision of circumstances. For a non-judgemental forum, I hope I will not be Stalinistically air-brushed out…Happy Easter weekend to all.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Six turkeys I am glad you are posting and I was worried I had done something wrong. We are human, forget it I have. Your advice and guidance were invaluable to me thank you. Well done on not putting weight on and actually losing it. Hope you will be back to posting more often as we love it.💞🦜

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

You had done absolutely nothing wrong Birdy apart from being too quick off the “is there a bot here” mark, which just betrayed my lack of all this Ipad modern tech stuff…and it was just a bad day….I am very pleased to have discarded in 3 months what you have in 3 weeks(!!), and to see a couple more “surprise” pounds down. Good mature cheddar in lieu of choc egg is a great choice!

• posted by alliecat
    on

No Stalinist tactics here, sixturkeys. A simple, heartfelt apology more than suffices 🙂 I hear that the FACEBOOK group
    can be fairly aggressive, but we don’t swim in those waters here. Those that came before us set the tone, and it
    is our pleasure and responsibility to carry the ball into each new year in the same vein. Hooray for us!

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Indeed . Moving on, what are you planting on the balcony? My dicentra spectabilis alba (white Bleeding Hearts), good in shade, are magnificent, and all through or despite benign neglect.

• posted by alliecat
    on

A white blooming dicentra must be breathtakingly beautiful, sixturkeys. They have such a short season, which makes
    this plant even more spectacular. In the U.S., our growing season starts at least a month later than yours. With
    only 2 hours of direct sun, I’m fully embracing shade loving perennials, and have print outs of all manner of
    different leaf shapes and a wide range of coloration from aubergine to chartreuse to work with. I’m an interior
    designer ( retired), and as such, we never really retire, but our impulses just refocus in the garden, and often
    extend to what we arrange on our dinner plates. I’m off on a search for new planters this year, and I’m planning
    on a small section of the balcony for shade tolerant herbs, like mint and chives. What do you like to grow?

• posted by Birdy76
    on

I can’t grow, my green thumb is black as I kill everything😢. Missed you today Allie hope you have had a good one. Off to work and fasting tonight and until Saturday afternoon. Well fingers crossed 🤣🤣. Have great evening everyone💞🦜

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Oops forgot to say Essie I put a bit of fresh lime on my 100% chocolate with the salt. Yum I liked it. 💞🦜

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Allie, I have a tiny London courtyard garden to the back, and two small beds in the tiny “front”. The back is anchored by some old repeat flowering English roses, a (pink) honeysuckle, and two clematis. In one shady bit (otherwise it is a suntrap) I have two heucheras (marmalade or something like that, lovely zingy foliage), some white “pinks” (Dianthus) and ornamental sage plus some bits and bobs. Sadly, lavender just does not take!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hi SixTurkeys! Good to hear from you. I have a longing for your little bit of garden (although I’m somewhat of a hospice caregiver for plants) as I live in an apartment. We have a rooftop but the landlords won’t let us put anything up there. So, I’m building shelves for one wall that will be a mini veggie and plant garden. Luckily we get plenty of sunshine here and I’m planning on having herbs, some kind of dwarf citrus, strawberries, mini tomatoes (I know they’re not called that but my brain is fried!), bell peppers, jalapenos and then some nice smelling ones like hoyas and jasmine. And on that note
    1. Finally bought the timber for my shelves, just need to sand, seal and then put up (I say that casually but will involve tears and blood)
    2. My mid-term is done! And I don’t want to think about it…
    3. I submitted my expenses from my conference which I hate doing but it’s done!
    Night all

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Wow Kafin that sounds great! I really need to get some sleepers and build up my raised herb garden. Maybe this weekend I can talk my O/H into doing it for me. My three are

1. The sun has got his hat on hip hip hip hooray, the sun has got his hat on and is coming out to play!🤣 nuf said🤣

2. I have finished work for a week and restarted my fast😄

3. I couldn’t resist jumping on the scales this morning to and I am 16-4😱😄. Nearly at the 2 stone mark! Yay

Hope you all have a fab Easter whatever you are doing, you all deserve a good break and I adore 🥰 you all.

Birdy💞🦜

Please log in or register to post a reply.