Over the 8-week line and after

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Jane
    Welcome to the veterans club!
    Fantastic results!
    Penny

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Christine
    It’s great isn’t it! I have a waist!! Wow!
    And it isn’t even hard to do the diet, that’s the crazy thing.
    Penny

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Eureka
    What a great story, well put.
    Congrats on joining the veterans!
    Penny

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi jimbob
    Glad to hear you’re on the mend. I’m sure that great weight loss must help.
    If it happens again I’m going to demand an MRI scan on day one. – suggest you do the same!
    I’m a slow loser but gradually the scales are going down. Eventually I’ll get there! Another stone to go!
    Keep up the good work
    Penny

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi pmshrink

Thanks Penny. You are going to have to change that name soon to pmshrunk! Slow & steady wins the race

We all seem to be similar height & age. I’m 5′ 3″ & 65 July. I’ve bagged lots of clothes for the charity shops. New life as Bill says
    Went to M&S today, grumbled a lot as no 16 short jeans! Grabbed a pair of per una skinnys hoping for a miracle, well he was listening size14. Get in ๐Ÿ˜„
    Got a ways to go yet but at this rate will be in nappies
    Eureka

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi eureka
    Good to hear you got your size16! That is just a dream for me at the moment, it will come though. I ditched my last pair of black trousers last night and a lovely jumper, my daughter told me they hung on me, it was quite funny to be told that.
    I am a pear shape and even though I have lost one and a half stone I still have a pile of trousers I can’t get over my hips, very frustrating, I know I will still lose and eventually get into them, so I’ll keep on keeping on. Good luck to you and your journey too.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Lowest ever fasting blood this morning – 4.0. (Sorry Bill!). It’s been jumping around for a while but always under 5. Seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Lynne am I going to have to call you Ralgex ?
    Rubbing it in indeed
    Great result though, Judith and yourself seem to have this cracked, well done.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Way heh, Lynne!! Fabulous result!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Pam1954
    on

Passed the 8 weeks’ milestone today.

Results: 14 lb lost. Not a lot, compared with some of you brilliant achievers, but I’m still happy with it. We had 2 big social events in the middle which put me off course, so for 2 weeks I didn’t lose any weight.

BMI has fallen from 33.7 to 31, so still obese, but heading in the right direction. Can’t take my waist measurement very well – my belly doesn’t keep in one place when I try! My blood sugar has dropped but I’m still in the pre-diabetic range, which is disappointing, and my blood pressure is still on the high side of normal, even though I haven’t dropped the medication. Maybe it takes a lot longer to improve your insides than it does to lose the weight. Still, I feel energised and happy with myself, even if I still hate my large belly!

Hubby has stuck pretty well to the diet. He had to fast for 24 hours one day last week for a medical test, after which the nurse made him drink something sugary because his blood sugar was below 5 – he can’t remember the last time it was below 5. But it is usually around 10 or 11, so I suppose he still has a lot of glucose stored in his body, because he isn’t putting it in now. Has anybody else had stubborn blood sugar readings?

All the best.

Pam1954

• posted by Spirit
    on

Hi Pam,

welcome to the club! Any loss is good so don’t worry about that.

Are you going to be staying on the 800 a bit longer or doing 5.2?

• posted by stringbreaker
    on

I fell out with my scales this last 10 days. They seemed to be stuck.
    SO – as I was actually feeling thinner, I decided to take a leaf out of the ladies’ book and try a few clothes to see if I could cheeer myself up that way.
    RESULT!
    3 pairs of trousers now in the bin.
    The only grief was that I bought some very expensive (but reduced) “Rapha” cycling trousers at the end of last year – they were hopelessy too tight, but they were a real “bargain” and I thought it would be a good spur to the habitual New Year diet. (I hadn’t heard of the BSD at that stage)
    So – I dug them out last night to see how far I had to go before they would fit. Horror – they’re already a bit too big – I’ll never really get to wear them.
    Ah well…….
    But then to help me get over that, the scales did the decent thing this morning and dropped 2lbs – 1 stone to go
    Funny old World

• posted by hashimoto
    on

John the very same thing has happened to me with a few lovely unworn clothes – missed the window of opportunity!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Welcome to the veterans club Pam1954!

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Christi1948

Thanks, not size 16 but 14! So dug out more trousers & YES it’s true all 14 & no rolling on the floor to zip up.
    I still have a Good way to go & a belly to work on. The belly has shrunk , the keg is crumpled! Are you listening Bill?

You will get there too. This is a lifetimes mess we are clearing up together Got to do it for the kith (friends & aquaintances) & kin (relations). If my sons & grandchildren see this huge change in me & my husband, then we could stop them getting type 2 diabetes. Because both my parents were type 2 , I was 60% more likely to get it & did. Got to cut down the odds. Can’t let the CARBS win

Dreams come true Christi. Don’t wait go shop x
    Eureka

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi captainlynne

Ohh if only….
    Might have to try Bill’s late night yoghurt. Been trying to keep the long fast though.
    Great stuff
    Eureka

on

Eureka,
    Never knew what “Kith” meant – thanks

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Eureka
    Wow size 14 I’m well jealous! I have a way to go, my next goal is to get into all the size18 that I have, I am pear shaped and can’t get them over my hips yet, I blame my five baby belly!
    I hope you are going to treat yourself now you are size 14, how much more do you want to lose?

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Pam1954

Well done. Going down & not stopping. It will come
    We are jelly belly babies together! I’m going to see what I can do about mine. Couldn’t think about that until now. I’ll pass on any tips. Meantime get some new tops to distract the eye
    What do I do about the turkey neck? Go all katharine Hepburn & knot a scarf! Saga of the 4 lost chins
    Eureka

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi stringbreaker

Magic shorts – flog em on eBay !
    Eureka

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi janemi
    Well done loved your post, it’s great when things work out, keep it up and keep in touch
    Christine

on

Eureka,
    Thanks – I’ll have to get someone to show me how.

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Christi

Well that belly was full of love so you love it too.

I’ve 16lb , no,lost another today so 15 lb to go! Want to get down as far as possible by June to fly thin! Long flights & no wriggle room. I’ll treat myself on holiday, It’s a bucket list one I never thought I’d get. Canada I’m coming to get you!
    Eureka

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi eureka
    My daughter who has three children says that about her baby belly, it’s in our genes, all the females in our family have the same belly even Angela, who is single and has never had children, ( I say that because Lucy who has three girls was never married to her partner) Really the youth of today!
    I do love the kids it’s just when I was so overweight it just hung there almost shouting at me that was a fat slob! I had very low self esteem as you might have guessed. I am getting better as I get slimmer, thankfully. Thank you for those lovely words though made me feel better about myself.
    Christine

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Today is 7 years since my beautiful brave mum passed away from lung cancer so to share in her memory can you please repost this short message. Love you and miss you every day Mum xxxx
    Can I ask a favor…. Just a few of you will do it, and I know who you possibly are. If you know someone who fought a battle against cancer and passed away, or someone who is still struggling or know someone who is a survivor…
    Add this to your status for 1 hour as a sign of respect and remembrance.
    โ™ฅ

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi john
    You are a cyclist, do you watch the Tour de France? I love it, we went to Paris years ago, and we just happened upon it, you can’t really miss it can you in the centre of Paris? Anyway being the numptis that we were back then we asked someone what was going on and we were hooked!
    We watch it every year, and now my brother lives in France we go over if it’s anywhere near him and have a few days going to watch it wherever we can, we also went up to Sheffield to see it there, our son lives there, my husband watches all the cycling now. He also goes out when he can on his bike, how often do you get out and how far do you cycle?

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi all I didn’t post the one about a mother with cancer, or asking other people to post, don’t know what happened there?

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Christine, that is really strange! It sounds like the sort of post you sometimes see on FB. If that happened to your mum I’m sorry.

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi eureka
    Good joke!- it refers to work not weight tho. I’d never even noticed that possibility.
    I am still the slowest loser ever even tho I watch my carbs like a hawk๐Ÿ˜ž
    And I had a teeny weeny piece of cake ( first time off piste) -at a 21 st birthday party. It has taken 5 days to get back into fat burning. ( even with cycling uphill) And no weight loss in that time. Moan moan.
    Still- mustn’t grumble !๐Ÿ˜† I m half way.
    Penny

• posted by Catgirl
    on

Dear Christian 1954,

I share this with tears in my eyes, my dad who has just turned 80 has early onset prostate cancer, fortunately at the watch and wait stage but he also has Alzheimer’s, I have 3 neighbours who are fighting breast cancer and are hopefully winning, life is such a struggle but I hope you. Only gave happy memories, Sharon.
    ๐Ÿ’•

• posted by Natalie
    on

So, Christi1948 didn’t write the cancer one, Catgirl did you write the Alzheimer’s one (calling Christi Christian and the wrong year) or not? As it happens my mother did die of breast cancer last year but I’m a bit weirded out by people posting using other people’s logins about such an emotional subject. And “add it to your status” doesn’t seem to apply in a forum.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

It does look like someone has managed to hack a couple of accounts. This is worrying as the posts up to now are mainly harmless but could escalate.
    I’ll advise the team.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Thanks Bill, that is a concern isn’t it? It might put newbies off if they see weird stuff like that on a thread.
    We are so fortunate that up to now there haven’t been too many problems. Those hackers are so sick and twisted, playing with people’s emotions like that.
    Sorry it affected you Natalie, bad enough that you lost your Mum, without unexpectedly coming across garbage like that.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Cherrianne
    we are going to have to be interactive on these problems. As the forum grows the team will have more work to do so we can all help by reporting dodgy posts.
    One of the forums is full of spam again today. I’ve made a couple of suggestions to the team but it is something for us all to keep an eye on.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Bill and Cherrianne

I reported all those weird posts at weekend – the ones with lists of phone numbers.

The team emailed back thanking me for reporting them and saying they had tightened up the spam filters. Not seen today’s spam, but it sounds like they’ve found a way round the filters ๐Ÿ˜ณ

*Off to put reporting finger in action!*

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi lynne, great minds, I. Reported them too ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Oh yes
    they need to start banning by IP and put a doc in place on the site that will make any links no follow. That will make it a waste of time posting them.

• posted by barby
    on

Hello everyone, just starting here, but wanted to say well done on your fantastic results, truly quite inspirational for me.Great to hear all your stories, and am hoping I’ll be logging some losses in 8 weeks.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Welcome to the forums, barby. You can see from the posts on these forums that this diet really does work!
    If you need any advice just shout there will be someone awake and ready to answer somewhere in the world!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Good job we have you, Bill ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by gooismeid
    on

The 8 week result.
    Dropped: 12 pounds, from a borderline size 16 to a 12/14, the late night chocolate cravings, from borderline obese to mid-range overweight.
    Gained: extra energy, a yogurt maker, a taste for running, and a slimline husband who fits into trousers 2 sizes smaller than before the diet. Not bad, considering we also had a sort-of week off over Easter which resulted in no weight loss. In fact, we’re so pleased about this new way of eating we’re continuing with the Fast 800 for another few weeks until we’re both out of the overweight BMI range. When we went out last night to celebrate our niece’s birthday, we both had a lovely steak salad, sparkling water, and the tiniest sliver of chocolate cake, and felt totally stuffed. I can’t imagine ever sitting down to a 3 course meal plus breadbasket again, and to be honest I don’t think I’ll miss it. I am, however, glad that the BSD Med-style diet does advocate the odd glass of red wine!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

You have to be happy with those results gooismeid.
    Nice to see you are joining the group of us who are continuing on the fast 800.
    Your tale will help instill confidence into new starters
    Congratulations to both of you. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by NewLife
    on

Well done gooismeid ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m with you on the wine, I also allow myself the odd G+T.

• posted by bloodsugardiet (BSD Admin)
    on

Hi! Please don’t worry, the site hasn’t been hacked. We won’t comment on individual cases for privacy reasons but I will almost always give the same information regarding passwords and keeping them safe, regardless of the root cause of the concern.

So here goes ๐Ÿ˜Š

You should have unique, strong and long passwords for each site you use. These can be difficult to remember, so there are password managers available which remember them for you and plug into your browser to help you fill out login forms. I use 1Password, https://agilebits.com/, and LastPass, https://lastpass.com/, is also popular. The reason for this is if one site you are on gets hacked, then hackers can’t use that information to hack you on another site.

I also recommend looking at Troy Hunt’s site, have i been pwned? https://haveibeenpwned.com/, to see if your email has been involved in any of the big data breaches. Troy Hunt teaches courses on web security and has provided that site as a free service.

We aren’t affiliated with any of those, it’s just that when the topic comes up, it seems responsible to mention it.

• posted by orchid
    on

Short update from me on how things are going. Been an odd couple of days, hypoglycemic after jog, little weight loss since the end of the 8 weeks, (now in week 10), then a rush. 84 kg this morning. So now a total weight loss 13.8kg (30.4lbs). Just checked BMI and now 10kg off of next target which is ‘normal’ BMI. and 11 kg off my final target. Feeling a bit happier than yesterday when I spent the whole day running to the loo!
    Off to find some ketostix to check my state of ketosis as I suspect that was the cause of yesterdays loo visits.

Spotted this whilst browsing this morning – thought it might amuse (and interest) some others.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/zg3hk7h?intc_type=singletheme&intc_location=avs&intc_campaign=bbcone_howtostayyoung&intc_linkname=guide_realagetest_contentcard2
    There is a programme on tonight on how to slow aging – both body and it supports. I answered it as a mixture of what I am currently doing, and what I was doing and my lifestyle answers added 7 years to my lifestyle age! You can then adjust the answers to see which you need focus on to bring your age down to your real age (and lower). I need to get a dog :-), walk dog twice a day, keep up the weight loss and so to see the doctors occasionally – that took me to 4 years younger than my real age!

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Judith
    Didn’t finish my post. I have has a couple of rogue posts, I think both supposed to be from catgirl, I know she hasn’t sent them, I believe the tech team has been informed?

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Natalie
    I have reported the rogue posts, and I think others have too!

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi bill1954
    I have just been catching up on the forum, I have also reported these rogue posts, I am glad you reported the phone number one, I though I was going crazy when I saw them then logged out and back in and they were gone!
    I hope they sort it thanks
    Christine

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Christi1948

Sorry You & catgirl seemed to have been got at! Emailed the tech team this am ( like I know what I’m doing!) so do hope they can sort it all & tighten up security. We don’t want to lose you or anyone to that kind of feeble mind!

Yep it’s me x
    Eureka

• posted by Pam1954
    on

Hi Spirit

Thanks for the praise! Sometimes I do feel I should have done better, but it’s always better to look forward than look back. Like you, I did the 5:2 fast for a while but lost impetus last year.
    I have decided to add fast days, along with the 800 calorie days. I had one last week and I am fasting today. Hopefully that will kick-start the weight loss again.

Pam

Please log in or register to post a reply.