Over the 8-week line and after

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi eureka,
    Thank you, I just knew it was no good, it’s a good job I didn’t eat it, I don’t really like it either, I just felt awful as they had done it specially for me, see my post to gonnabedazzling
    .Im not up to date with the posts at the moment, are you doing ok?
    Christine

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Christine
    You just do what you need to. You know everyone is here for you. ( gonnabedazzling, In like Flynn eh!)
    Your relatives are trying Christine! Cook them one of your meals when you feel like it & surprise them. Yum yum!

• posted by GonnaBeDazzling
    on

Hello Christine

In the long run the odd wobble isn’t going to matter. It’s very awkward when people are sure they are doing what’s best for you – even if they aren’t! And keeping harmony in the family is important too.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi gang,
    Just a quick question, after 9 weeks or so, my energy is zapped today.
    Has this happened to anyone else?
    I feel like a rag doll.

Thanks
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Nettle
    on

Hi Lucia

I am on Week 10 as of today, I am still feeling good MOST days. I did have a bit of a dip in energy last week and started to think CALORIE DEFICIT…but it passed and I am like Tigger again. I took hubby out on a walk today, he’s the fit thin one, however I felt his pace was a tad slow and we didn’t go far enough! That is so different to 10 weeks ago it is mind bending. 🙂

Hang in there. The feeling will pass. I often reflect back on Day Three when I felt rotten, really rotten and warned my diet buddy who was going to give it a go NOT TO…now I feel bad because she has yet to start while I am out buying littler clothes. I have lost 9kg so far and “kilometres” from the waist.

Cheers Nettle

• posted by Funkydoofamily
    on

Hi everyone, I did Fast800 for 10 weeks and started 5:2 this week. I’ve noticed an acceleration of weight loss this week – I’ve lost 20lbs in 10 weeks but added another 3lb to that total already this week and another inch off the waist.
    I am really struggling to get up to ‘normal’ calories on ‘feast days’ – so used to 800 and just don’t want to eat so much anymore. I’ve had a couple of nice bits of chocolate and some popcorn and a bit more adventurous with fruit and some sweet potato but anything with too much sugar is just making me shake and feel bunged up!

So I’m pleased that weight loss is continuing and I’m enjoying calorie counting less but I’m finding the transition harder than I imagined. Any tips?

• posted by Alanhypno
    on

Strangely sad part of this eating plan ( I still don’t like word diet as that’s seen as temporary )
    I really really wish I had found it ten years ago !
    I’ve lost two stone not hungry do not crave food etc
    If I had found this instead of all other in line clubs and meeting groups I would be lot healthier today,although feeling great now !
    I cannot thank Michael enough for pointing me to the right road in life
    Alan 2 stone less BS reducing grateful

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Agreed Alan

I wish I’d found this 40 years ago instead of spending considerable amounts of money and wasting many hours of my time on various slimming clubs, both physical and online.

I’m just so glad that I found it when I did, that I started it, and am keeping going on it. And that I’m meeting so many kind, supportive folk on here😃

• posted by Bill1954
    on

I’m pleased I found it and delighted with the results, but that’s tempered with a bit of anger.
    The knowledge that low carb eating causes weight loss has been around for a long time.
    If those diabetes dieticians had recommended it instead of the low fat nonsense they’ve been pushing for eternity, the blood sugar results would have been overwhelming.

on

Hello Funkydoofamily

Well done for your weight loss!

I can quite understand you not wanting to eat a lot more and making yourself feel uncomfortably full. An easy way to increase your calories without the bulk is to up the amount of fats – perfectly acceptable on this eating plan!

So what about a little more olive oil when cooking or in salads, a knob of butter on your vegetables, and snacking on some nuts – small but with concentrated calories. Slightly bigger portions of protein should help too.

• posted by Alanhypno
    on

Let this be a lesson to myself
    After celebrating my two stone loss in 6 weeks with a McDonald’s,chocolate ,full English n toast,etc my BS are up to 9.2 after reducing to 7 ish
    Alan fool that I am 😰

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

No worries, Alan – another very helpful lesson learned!

If we ever had any doubts, your calorific excursion has rid us of them!

Back on the wagon!

You know and we all know you can.

• posted by Frog
    on

Oh well, hopefully its a temporary blip, Alan!
    I’ve got some “Of The Earth Superfoods” Hot Chocolate – made with mostly water and a dash of milk from my daily allowance.
    It’s 18 Calories, 2.28 Carb and 1.96 sugar – I don’t have it every day, but I had it one evening before bed when I was a bit hungry.
    Apparently it has “Peruvian cacao, raw lucuma fruit powder and banana for creaminess, coconut blossom nectar for sweetness and Baobab fruit for extra fibre”.
    Ordinary cocoa powder mixed with half a teaspoon of stevia and a dash of milk is great too – no sugar, about .76g of carbs
    (I haven’t counted the milk in the figures above, I just assume I use 200ml a day, and add that in to my log, and only have a splash in cocoa or hot chocolate)

No suggestions on the toast! – although if your version of a ‘Full English’ includes baked beans, I buy low sugar baked beans and add those to a can of haricot beans (or Flagolet/white kidney,…I thin I even tried chick peas once) it brings the carbs and sugar down dramatically. I don’t eat beans that much generally, but like them with egg if I haven’t got toast and they’re a good source of fibre.
    I had baked beans with a hotel breakfast pre BSD a few weeks ago, and found them so unbearably sweet I couldn’t eat them.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi alanhypno,
    I don’t like the word ‘diet’ either as I don’t think of it as a diet, however we all know on the bsd forum what we mean don’t we, it’s just when you feel the need to explain to people not on the diet to try and explain its not a diet in the same sense of other diets,
    I wish I had found it years ago too, I regularly fail though, then get angry with myself and jump back on and get going again.
    If there is one ray of light at the end of one of our failures it is that we know when we get back to it we will lose the weight again, so keep on keeping on,
    The lovely thing is on this forum you are with like minded friendly people, it makes it easy to admit when we fail.
    Christine.

• posted by Kathy54
    on

Today I have reached the 8 weeks of this new way of life. -22 lbs, BS down in the 5’s & 6’s. BP gone from 140/75 to 115/65. Am now off BP tablets and stopped Metformin 4 weeks ago with no effects.
    Liver has shrunk so that it can no longer be felt.
    I plan to continue.

on

Congratulations Kathy54!

What a lot of positives from from your first 8 weeks. I bet you’re really chuffed with yourself!

• posted by Alanhypno
    on

Kathy54 brill results 🏆🏆🏆
    I’m jealous in week 7 but my BS was at 7.2 today before dinner ,must been that reckless weekend !
    But results like you are getting are an inspiration for us all
    Alan plodding on

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Great stuff Kathy54 and a big shout out to our latest veteran 🙂
    Good to see that, like many others now, you have decided to stay in this lifestyle until you get where you want to be.
    The really good thing is, we are in control of our own bodies now instead of the other way around, no more weeks of miserable low fat eating followed by the free fall when you finish the plan and are left to fend for yourself with no support. We have back up plans, follow up plans, and all the support we could ever need and that is one of the major reasons why we are doing so well.

• posted by Willf
    on

Hello all and congratulations to all of us! I finished my 8 weeks some 3 weeks ago. I’m a fat insider so my weight loss was good for me but my waist measurement reduced by 3 1/2″! Amazing!! I had some glitches along the way of spikes in my BS and it’s still a little higher than I’d like but that’s probably because I had a week in Sicily (beautiful!) and yes, I treated myself ! I deserved it!! – food and wine!
    Since finishing my 8 weeks, I’ve weaned myself off carbs – but will still treat myself every now and again- I’ve kept off the weight, my BMI is fantastic, I feel wonderful and a number of people have remarked on it. I do Hiit training 4 times a week (half hour each time) and walk the dog for an hour most days. I’ve reduced my meds to 1 metformin twice a day instead of 4! And I took my hba1c blood test today – praying for a great result so I can poke that negative doctor in the eye! Like all of you I intend to stick to the Mediterranean diet but not be so rigid on the calories.
    And….. what’s been all over the press this week? Yes, this way is the best way – no low fat/high carbs but 800 calories, no carbs, proteins and fats! Go Dr M and all of us. Keep you posted on my blood results.
    Sorry this is soooo long – wanted to tell you all !
    Good luck to all of you, and if you’re flagging, think of the end goal – it can be done…

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Fantastic Willf – hugely inspirational post, thank you!

Really really well done, you must be absolutely thrilled with yourself. So glad everyone is noticing!

🙂

• posted by Nysilver
    on

Hello – staggered over the 8 week line on Monday morning. 21lbs lost and much lower blood sugar readings. Had my 6 month endocrinologist appointment today. BP down, pulse rate down and now waiting for my blood work results later this week. Feeling very hopeful, but some communal finger crossing would be much appreciated!!

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Nysilver,

Well done – great results.

• posted by Willf
    on

Got everything crossed for you Nysilver but I know you’ll get the results you’ve worked so hard for!
    Kathy54 – that’s fantastic! My goal eventually I hope, although my BS is still higher than yours. I’ve been type 2 since 2008 ( it’s in my family) but even if I can reduce to 1 metformin a day, the BSD will have been so worth it!
    We’re all BSD veterans now, we’ve all achieved so much and we’re all going to stay well and (hopefully) diabetes free – or at least well controlled!

• posted by Nysilver
    on

Would also like to thank Switzerland for pointing me in the direction of the Dalai Lama’s Cat! Definitely helped in the Mindfulness aspect!

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Nysilver,

You’re purrrrfectly welcome. (ouch)

• posted by nonnie
    on

Hello Everyone,

I’m a long-time lurker. I really appreciate reading your personal stories and helpful advice. Today I finished the 8 weeks with a 17.6 pound loss – this is while being a total couch potato. I’m trying to add some exercise now. I’ve decided to try the BSD 5:2 for awhile, slowly adding calories to the 5 non-fasting days. I’d like to be able to eat more fats.

My first goal is to get back to 178 (2 more pounds). This was my lowest weight since my 20’s (now 64), which I reached in 2011. I then gained back 110 pounds. So, this is my 4th time losing 100 pounds or more, and I don’t expect rapid weight loss at this stage of the game. I had started bingeing and gaining the week before I found out about BSD – it saved me going through that cycle again, hopefully forever.

I am amazed at how do-able the BSD 800 has been. I was sure I’d give up after a couple of days but somehow just kept going.

• posted by glevesque
    on

Nysilver – Congratulations! Great job…Inspired by your achievements.

• posted by glevesque
    on

Kathy 54 Congratulations!!! Amazing, inspiring, excellent…Soooo happy for you!

• posted by Alanhypno
    on

Anyone get any aches and strange pains on this diet
    Alanjypno

• posted by Alanhypno
    on

8 weeks done but carrying on
    My measurement loss has been
    Chest 2 inches off
    Shoulders 2 inches off.
    Thigh 3 inches off
    Waist 4 inches off I measured this at fattest part
    Weight 2 stone lost
    Blood pressure from 138/82 now 122/80
    BS today before dinner 6.2 but still on tablets,except sitagliptin 100 mg which I stopped weeks ago
    Alanhypno ,doesn’t seem loads inches but clothes all baggy
    I intent to reduce metformin one at a time now gradually
    Cheers folks

• posted by thepolly
    on

56 days today.

about a stone and seven and half pounds down

blood sugar seems to be on a downward trend

not needing to get up for the toilet in the night as much

mostly doing more exercise including more walking with friends

a bit better mentally but I think that’s due to making myself go out and meet friends for my walking

clothes a bit looser and others have commented on my weight loss

That’s about it for now

Polly

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Wow congrats Polly! You are noticing several improvements!!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Wow Alan that’s terrific! Big applause for you!!! Are you a hypnotherapist?
    I still two weeks to go to join this group legitimately but wanted to get inspired by everyone!
    Hope it’s okay I came in a little early!
    💜

• posted by Just do it
    on

Hi BSDers, just wanted to make a quick appearance in the 8 week club as realised I’m actually nearly on 12 weeks! It has flown by and I’ve no intention of stopping now, this is a way of life for me and I absolutely love it. I’m an incredibly slow loser compared to most of you, this led to me falling off the wagon in pure frustration a couple times but I’ve just picked myself up, got stuck back in and within a day I’m buzzing along happily again. I’m within sight of my first stone loss now, only a couple pounds to go, so pleased. I adore the way I feel on bsd, I wake early with masses of energy, happy & positive, feeling lighter. a while ago had a blip and after just a couple days eating choc and carbs I felt sleepy, lethargic, had to drag myself kicking and screaming for my daily swim but when I’m bsding I practically bounce off the walls, charge up and down the pool and want to get stuck into life! No going back for me, bsd for life – in both senses! Good luck with your journeys everyone.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hi All!!
    Today is day 1 of week 9!!!! I am officially able to join this thread and feel so thankful you all have been here along the way!
    Excited to be in this new group officially with you all!
    Here’s my specs for the weeks if it helps anyone:
    🌷Weekly weigh ins🌷
    Week 1 – 9 lb lost
    -4.5 inches
    Week 2 – 3 lb lost (12)
    -5.25 inches
    Week 3 – 5 lb lost (17)
    -4.75 inches
    Week 4 – .5 lb lost (17.5)
    – 1.25 inches
    Week 5 – nothing lost
    Week 6 – 6.6 lbs lost (-24.3)
    -1.75 inches
    Week 7 -1.4 lbs lost (25.1)
    -2.25 inches
    Week 8 – 4.6 lbs lost (29.5)
    -1.25 inches
    💜🌷

Please log in or register to post a reply.