Over the 8-week line and after

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi all
    And me I’ve reported the spam too

• posted by Pam1954
    on

Hi Eureka

You’re certainly not alone! I still wonder how I am supposed to take both waist and hip measurements – they seem pretty much the same to me.
    Have you noticed that pictures of people who have lost lots of weight never seem to have turkey necks? Methinks a bit of airbrushing goes on.
    Seriously, I have read that the best way to keep skin supple when dieting, is weight training. Don’t know if it’s true, but I think I have to try, anyway, to make sure I don’t lose too much muscle – it isn’t just fat we lose.

Pame

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Pam1954

Come on , we all must be experts in weight training by now, we have carried enough for years! And I need a spray gun not an airbrush!

Going to try those exercise bands for some resistance work. They are portable & if that fails I’ll ‘flirt’ them at someone I’m not keen on
    Eureka

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Thanks thebloodsugar team.

Gooismeid, great results and you still enjoyed a celebration!!!

I blamed a glass of wine for putting my weight up by a pound yesterday but today I dropped one and a half pounds. As Lucia would say, it must have been wind lol ๐Ÿ™‚

Christine and catgirl, I’m sorry you two got hacked. There are some real lowlife out there.

Orchid I saw that age test thing as well. Fortunately for me it knocked my age back to 59 instead of 63 but that means there is room for improvement! I clicked on the tabs too!! It would be nice to knock 10 years off!! I know really they are just a bit off fun. All sorts of biological tests would have to be carried out to make them realistic. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Judith,
    Apparently I wasn’t hacked, they think it was an auto correct thing! And the other post they think someone else was using a computer where I live? Or something like that, anyway I know I didn’t write anything so not sure what’s happened, I did see all those phone numbers though so I’m not crazy, was beginning to,think I was seeing things all’s well that ends well, I think!
    Christine

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi eureka,
    Flirt? That auto correct thing is at it again! Hehehe
    Christine

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Christine, that’s really weird. ๐Ÿ™

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Christi1948

Yep. Rubber band Fired so as to inflict pain. Any spammers out there?
    Must be Leicester slang ( my mum loved a Gadder – catapult ). Keep it handy
    Eureka

• posted by Bill1954
    on

He he
    I’ve picked up on a few words that seem to come from that area
    We have friends in Wymeswold and they use expressions like mardy and such.
    Up here we used to bool doon the street and coin aroond the corner ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by stringbreaker
    on

Christi,
    I ride a bike, rather than being a proper “cyclist.” Definitely no lycra yet.
    I’ve recently returned to cycling after a 30 year break and am really enjoying it.
    I only go out at weekends, but try to do 10-20 mile rides Sat and Sun.
    Saturdays I go up the Mendips (the weight loss is helping there) and Sundays I just pootle around the Somerset Levels.
    My main bike is a folding Brompton, so on Saturdays I try to cycle to somewhere where there’s a bus – and after coffee and a cake (sorry, but there’s no point cycling without cake) I just fold up the bike, fish out my bus pass and hop on a bus home.
    Trying to sort out my 1981 Raleigh Record Ace (proper bike) but having to sort the gears out – we were much tougher 30 years ago and wound up enormous bottom gears – just can’t handle that any more.
    I don’t go abroad at the moment, but would love to see the TDF in the flesh – the French are so passionate about bikes.
    You don’t say that you ride – is that a “treat” to come?
    John

on

Threw out loads of clothes yesterday.
    Trouble is, when one’s wanting to lose more weight, there’s no point spending a lot on new, so I went to our nearest “Outlet Village” and stocked up.
    1 new whistle, a pair of bags and a 15 1/2 collar shirt all for ยฃ130
    Didn’t have much choice really – I go for a 1 mile walk round town before going to work, and my trousers were in severe danger of falling down this morning. I can’t wear a belt for fear of damaging clients’ pianos with the buckle.
    Onwards and downwards
    John

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Can’t believe what I have just seen in the advert break! A firm selling ready meal for the 5:2 diet! Disgusting ๐Ÿ™

• posted by Janet1973
    on

John when you say ‘threw out’ I hope you mean you gave to charity?

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hashimoto -yes they are disgusting – the packaging they come in tastes nicer!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

John, I. Nearly had a trouser incident myself a couple of weeks ago. Certainly makes you sort out your wardrobe ๐Ÿ™‚

on

Janet,

No, I’m afraid it was the recycling bin. I’ve had those suits and trousers quite some time, and have had to squeeze into them for a fair proportion of their lives. They were well and truly worn out. I drive a lot, and sitting in the car in too tight clothes takes a great toll on them.
    Can’t bear to chuck my brand new (but too large) cycling trews yet – just enjoying looking at them before heading for ebay.

On the subject of ready-cooked meals for “5:2”, “Fast Diet” and “BSD” I reckon they will be big business soon – these people are never slow to pick up on a rising trend.

John

• posted by Spirit
    on

They have been around a while John. Clever marketing. Jane something or other I think one is, they will deliver and you shove in the fridge or freezer. Not cheap I can tell you.

A big con I think.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Superdrug are doing their own version of 5:2 food. They are just awful. You’d lose weight cos they put you off eating at all in the the 2 days!

• posted by Eureka
    on

Bill1954

Ey up mi duck
    It wer code ere safto. Ow yer gowin on then, Serri? Internets bin prattin abaht! I gora bit Mardy wi it
    I need some snap ennyrode , ta-rar
    Eureka

• posted by hashimoto
    on

That actually sounds a bit yorkshire! ๐Ÿ™‚

on

Don’t you mean, “Yorksher” ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by Allychat
    on

Well I’m celebrating this weekend. I’m in my 9th week and am half way to my total goal. I’ve lost 10.1kg and 21cm off my waist. I’m down almost two sizes in my clothes. In a way I’m really only just in my 8th week as 3 weeks in I got gastro for a few days and could only stomach a little dry toast for 3 days and then eggs for the next two. (Believe it or not I gained weight over those few days!) The best thing is everyone now is really noticing and asking me about it. I’m taking the weekend off to celebrate my daughter’s 30th and my mother’s 80th but still planning to be sensible so I don’t undo all my good work. I’ll be straight back to it on Monday ready to tackle the next 10kg.

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi hashimoto
    Hi stringbreaker

Geeoer tha’s mithered. Any road up tha mun wait. Think on appen tha’s flummoxed
    Ahl Sithee
    Eureka

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

‘Me duck’ and ‘mardy’ are used a lot in Northamptonshire too. Every time I hear someone say ‘me duck’ , it reminds me of Mrs. Cross, who owned the newspaper shop in our village, she called everyone that and was a lovely lady. Another funny expression was ‘nadgers’, if someone had the nadgers it meant they were getting a bit anxious and stroppy.
    I was born in Long Buckby, which some of you may know as a stop on the railway line to Birmingham.

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi barby
    You definitely will be! Any problems just ask!
    Penny

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Great results Gooismeid!
    Penny

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Judith
    It was bound to happen… I wonder how they ll cash in on fasting?
    Penny

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Judith
    I think you mean ‘a wardrobe malfunction!!’
    Penny

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Eureka you’re brilliant at dialect speak!

Penny, I’m sure they will find some way of charging for fasting! I’m still wondering how much they charge for 5:2, they made a big thing out of the included 2 days of 600 calories.

Dear me, it was a wardrobe malfunction!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by NewLife
    on

Guys, I had the most amazing dream last night.

Previously, on my many diets, Iโ€™ve a had a recurring dream in which I binge eat chocolate and undo all my good work. Last night I dreamed I really really wanted to eat as much chocolate as possible and I was in a supermarket with my basket all ready to stock up. I looked at all the rows and rows of junk food and decided it really wasnโ€™t worth it and that I didnโ€™t want to regain weight and go through carb/sugar withdrawal all over again. I left the shop with my empty basket feeling SO happy.

OMG.
    :-)))

• posted by Darleen
    on

NewLife..
    OMG I love you dream ….

Penny….
    Sorry this is late .. But a HUGE THANK YOU for answering my question on protein .. Very appreciated ..

๐Ÿ’™D X

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi NewLife
    Yep we have the power to just walk away! Dreams often manifest things that are troubling us. You’ve sorted that one. Excellent
    Eureka

• posted by NewLife
    on

Thanks Darleen and Eureka, I’m so excited! If my subconscious thought processes are changing then I really AM making progress.

Plus, prompted by discussion here about the ‘window of opportunity’ for clothes I just had a bit of a sort out and I can fit into lots of things for the first time in ages. Fat clothes being culled ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

NewLife you really are getting a new life and a new you when even your subconscious is following the BSD. I think that’s pretty awesome ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Newlife that’s amazing!! You really are in full control!
    I’m glad you are making sure you do not miss ‘the window of opportunity’ with your clothes. I’m still miffed about missing mine:(

Newlife it is newlife:)

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi stringbreaker
    No John I don’t cycle, I have a very naughty sciatic nerve in my left side, it has caused me lots of problems in the past, I now take an anti depressant that actually kills the pain, however the damage has been done, I can’t even walk too far, before my back and leg start playing up, I think that’s why I admire the cyclists so much, when I went to a gym I just could not use the cycle machines!
    My husband loves to have a ride out some afternoons, when we aren’t looking after family! Also my brother in France goes out most days he rides up and down the canal du midi, or into the country often taking videos, then posting them on utube,
    Do try and go to France to see the TDF it is so interesting, we go when it’s near my brother and it makes it special for him because we love it and his wife doesn’t, so he gets to enjoy it more, this year we will go to Montpelier to see the finish and probably somewhere on the route, my brother loves to go out and reconnoiter the route and pick a good spot. We have also been to Paris to see the final three times, now that is special!
    It’s interesting that you go riding in the mendip hills and the Somerset levels, I bet the scenery is spectacular when it’s good weather. We live for n the midlands and have n ver been to either!

on

Hi All,

I’ve been having a few thoughts about Topics/Threads.
    I have had a couple of ideas which I’ll throw out for opinions. I’m perfectly happy to be told to “leave well alone”.
    I’ll tackle the first idea here, and do another post for the second one so as not to confuse.
    I won’t go ahead with either unless the general concensus is enthusiastic.

First thought:
    I have limited time for trawling the forums and am losing out on some of the interesting ones. I guess I’m not alone in this.
    Most of the threads tackle important issues. This one, for example, is for folk who have done their 8-week porage but in the majority of cases have some way to go. It focuses on what we are going to do to carry on and achieve our ultimate goals. Do we stay on the BSD regime, or up calories a bit or go onto 5:2 etc etc.

Now, we’re all human, and all sorts of other topics crop up which it’s fun to talk about – I’m probably more guilty than anyone of digressing. In a way, this slightly devalues the thread as a tool to achieve our next goals.

Nearly all the other threads which last any time seem to do the same and very often the same pleasant casual chit-chat crops up on a multitude of threads. (I’ve never been into “social media” but I guess it’s pretty much like our talks – great fun and addictive)

My thought was to start a thread called, “Just for a Chat” and see if we can funnel the less “technical” conversations onto that.

Please tell me to back off if you think that things are best left alone – I know I tend towards “organising” and it’s not always a good idea.

John

• posted by Grandma48
    on

I have to say that I’m in agreement John. I really would love to just log on for the info rather than the chit chat. I’m sure that every question I’ve asked so far had already been covered but I couldn’t find the answers! Luckily Bill, Hashimoto and CaptainLynne have always found my questions amongst everything else and answered me! I’m really interested in other people’s progress, how they’ve overcome difficulties and help and guidance that they offer.
    Janice

on

John’s idea No. 2

“Over the 8 weeks……” is a great and useful tool for progressing from the first 8 weeks and on to our final goals.

I know from bitter experience that my real danger time will come when I finally get down to 11 stone. I will feel really smug and self-satisfied and if past experience will allow myself just too many food-related treats as a reward. I have hopes that the BSD has been so brilliant that I will be able to adopt it as a way of life but I have over 30 years of failure behind me to give me nagging fears.

I wondered if it would be good to have a thread called something like “Final Goal Reached – What Now?”

I’m always more likely to be good when I have to report progress to someone else. I reckon that half the merit in “Weightwatchers” is that every week the whole group will see how you’ve done – the scales, by and large, don’t lie.

On this proposed thread, once we have achieved our (realistic) ultimate goals, we could perhaps all report in on or around the 1st of each month letting the group know how we’ve done.

If you think this is worth doing, I’ll set it up and just keep it ticking over until someone out there actually does reach their final target. Perhaps one of us is already there?

Again, tell me to butt out if this idea sucks – I REALLY don’t mind.

John

• posted by captainlynne
    on

John, both great ideas.

After a suggestion I started this thread as I am one of the early followers of BSD.

Tomorrow I’ll have completed 16 weeks and will create a new post accordingly.

Posting helps me keep my focus and, hopefully helps others, but I still have a long way to go before reaching my target. Others will reach their target before me, in fact I think some already have, so a thread of target reaches will be great.

• posted by Bruno
    on

Hi everyone,
    I’ve competed my 8 weeks and now at the end of my 9th week.
    I tend to weigh myself every Friday morning, occasionally I’ll weight myself mid week just to make sure I’m still on track. I did a mid week check on Wednesday and had lost nothing, but on this mornings weigh in I’d lost 3lb. In total I’ve lost 38lb since I started.
    To put it into perspective, I’ve a lot of weight to lose, I’m planning on losing another 35lbs at least and I’ll still be classed as overweight. Any more and I’ll look too thin.
    Keep up the good work everyone, great to see how everyone else is doing.

on

Bruno,
    Great result.
    Good luck with the next 35 lbs.
    Are you staying on 800kCals for a bit or easing up a bit ?
    John

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Yeh, lynne, i agree posting helps me to keep focus, especially when none of your family or chums are doing BSD. I do like the chit chat and digressions too though. We’re a pretty interesting bunch really with issues and life experiences in common.
    Nothing wrong with a new thread if that’s what you would like John. Someone else suggested updating our profiles regularly which is also a good idea.

When will I reach my goal? Shrugs shoulders. I really don’t know. At the start of my bsd my wildest dream was to lose 2 stones. I exceeded that some time ago. Now I aim to lose another 6 pounds. However the ultimate goal is to maintain that weight loss and increase my fitness, so I guess that takes me up to my very last breath! Perhaps i need to be posting and reading posts til the end ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Judith. I think I’ll be around on here for a long time yet. Even when I reach whatever weight I decide on, I need to maintain it. ‘Talking’ to everyone here is a great incentive to stick with it

• posted by hashimoto
    on

That’s good to know lynne! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Bruno
    on

Hi John,
    I’m going to stick to the 800 calories, I find it easy to follow and enjoy the food.

on

Bruno,
    It’s surprisingly easy, isn’t it?
    We stuck to the dinner recipes in the book but are now casting around for fresh ideas – we’ve got a couple so far from Anthony Worrel Thompson’s diabetic cook book. Not entirely compliant with BSD principles but easy to modify.
    John

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Bruno
    Well done. Join the clan
    Eureka

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Welcome to the veterans club bruno ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Judith
    I agree with you and Lynn, I need this forum to keep me motivated, I also need to natter to feel part of the forum, however I also agree with John? I don’t know how it would work, what John is suggesting though?
    We went for a muddy woodland walk today before lunch, then we had lunch and I did ketostix test, it was a lovely pale pink, so I just need to have more fat, and more exercise!
    Off to bed now night night
    Christine

Please log in or register to post a reply.