Over the 16-week line

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Thanks Bill, Switzerland, Imogen, Barby and Ay Caramba πŸ™‚

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Wow Judith,
    Many congratulations to you and thank you for all your assistance and postings! You are a shining star and are living proof it works!
    I am 61 and hopeful because of you and your inspiring outcome and all your posts.
    Thank you – thank you – thank you!!!
    πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’š

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Oh HappyLife, thank you so much!!!

I honestly didn’t expect it to work for me because no other diet did!! My ‘I hope to lose 2 stones on this diet’ was, I thought at the time, just wishful thinking. It never occurred to me that I could actually lose 3 stones!! Not in my wildest dreams!! Now I’m wearing clothes I haven’t worn for 20 years – yes, I know, Bill, I’m a tightwad!!!!

πŸ™‚

• posted by Pam1954
    on

Wonderful achievement, Hashimoto. You, Bill1954, Captain Lynne and the other regulars are a real inspiration. I pop into the forums whenever I feel I’m under-achieving in weight loss terms and I’m always inspired to persevere.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

That’s great Judith. πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Bought a new nightdress today – desperately needed to protect my modesty on holiday! Remember, I’m staying with friends in their flat. My current nightdress is getting rather low at the neckline and getting close to revealing parts of me that I don’t want my friend’s husband to see😱

So, finally tracked down one that I am happy withπŸ˜ƒ Size 16/18 – well, didn’t want it too tight😳 But what size is the one it will be replacing? Errr … 24/26!!!!!!!!!

Something else for the charity shop!

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi hashimoto
    You worked, πŸ˜‡ πŸ… BSD worked. 🎯 βœ… Enough said! πŸ––πŸ»πŸ’ 🌈

• posted by Natalie
    on

Congrats hashimoto! I slip up so often, but I never give up for long because of all the inspiring people posting here.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Thanks for the congratulations lynne, eureka, Natalie and pam.

Lynne that is quite a size difference in your nightie!!!!!

:. )

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Judith,
    Belated congratulations on your 16 weeks of success! You’ve made a world of difference to your own health and provided plenty of inspiration and encouragement to others.
    Well done πŸ™‚
    Now hurry up and get on that plane lol!!!

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi Judith,
    well done – you have been an inspiration to us all! – and a great source of recipes πŸ™‚ !
    I hope you eventually got your insurance sorted and are now ready for your holiday. Have a great time!
    Ruth

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Judith,
    Just a quick note for you, thank you for all your support over the length of my diet, I hope your shoulder is better, that you got your holiday insurance sorted, and that you have a great time, when do you Go? I am still ‘dealing’ with the overwhelming emotions I am feeling. I don’t know when or how long you will be away, however I hope to be back on the forum properly by the time you get back, plus well done on your achievements, all the best to you for now.
    Christine

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Christine, I finally got my insurance sorted!!! My shoulder is better than it was as I have had some treatment for it.
    I’m sorry you are having it so hard at the moment, it is difficult to deal with grief especially for the unexpected loss of a young person.
    Judith x

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Thanks, Cherrianne!!! : )

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Thanks, Ruth : )

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Judith
    can you hear that tune from Armageddon playing?
    I’m leaving on a jet plane………..
    Have a brilliant time πŸ™‚

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi everyone

Just finished week 21, and the result this week is …….

another 3 pounds gone!πŸ˜ƒ

That’s a total of 49 pounds so far😱

Only two pounds to go until I drop into next stone, and five pounds to go before I become overweight instead of obese!

Fasting bs this morning was 4.0.

Safe journey Judith. Speak soon πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Lynne you just keep going from strength to strength
    Anyone following your posts can’t fail to be inspired by them, I always have been.
    You’re going to be right where you want to be in the not too distant future.
    Well done πŸ™‚

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Lynne I am so happy for you!! It must feel amazing to be near reaching so many goals you have worked to achieve and you are still losing so much in one week!
    Thank you for giving me hope as I look forward down my own road with this journey.
    You are an inspiration truly!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks Bill πŸ˜ƒ You too are an inspiration to many on here. Hope you reach your target for your holidays.

Hi HappyLife. Thanks for your kind words.

I sometimes feel awkward about posting my progress as I’ve been around so long, but comments like yours and Bill’s reassure me and keep me posting.

Thanks everyoneπŸ’πŸŒ»πŸŒΉπŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Well done Lynne πŸ™‚
    Keep posting your progress cos everyone loves to read those great results. I’m sure that anyone who is feeling daunted by needing to shed a lot of weight will be inspired by your success.
    Personally, I thinks it’s wonderful that you are still on the BSD for this length of time and getting weight loss and improvements to your health.
    So, looking forward to you being overweight lol!!

• posted by Imogen
    on

Hi captainlynne,

Just nipped over from the first eight weeks gang to let you know just how inspirational you (and the other long term BSDers) are!

I am in this for the long haul as I have a lot of excess weight to shed and reading posts from the ‘ veterans ‘ really helps and encourages… so keep on posting… we need you guys!!!

Thank you,🌻

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks Cherrianne. Feels really strange to be 21 weeks into this. Don’t think I’ve ever stuck with any slimming club for this long. And don’t think I ever lost this amount of weight with any slimming club. All that time and money over the years😱

Can’t believe I’m actually looking forward to being overweight LOL

I think the rapid results at the start really helped. When you have 6+ stone (84+ pounds) to lose, the slimming club mantra of 1 or 2 pounds a week makes the goal seem impossible to reach, especially with gains and the weeks you stay the same. You’re advised to stay to class, where they push their produce. With one club it’s easy to incorporate ‘bad’ food, while another does not help with portion control.

With the BSD I’ve seen rapid progress and I’ve not been tempted to have any of the carbs I used to live onπŸ˜ƒ I’ll soon be starting my fourth notebook to keep me records of what I eat, weigh, measure – and test results. The first three are spiral bound with perforated pages. Started using them in case I didn’t stick with this – I could tear the used pages out and use the rest for something else. Well. It looks like I’m with this for life, so I treated myself – to a Moleskin notebook. No way to tear pages out!

I’ll be in Italy for when I complete week 24, so next thread will be either week 23 or week 25. Now, do I start the new notebook and take it with me, or start it when I come back? Thinking at the minute is to start it the Saturday before I go away – won’t want to spoil it!

Hi Imogen. Welcome and thanks. You’ll be here yourself soon, helping those following behind us. It’s not easy to see the end in sight when we have lots to lose. I still almost pinch myself when I look at my results and see how far I’ve come and how far I need to go to reach my goal. Until you officially move in here, you’re always welcome to visit πŸ˜ƒπŸŒ»

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi general lynne
    I salute you! Your fortitude & consistency ( body & mind) on the BSD is brill. Every loss you post inspires others. Take the Mole on hol πŸ–‹πŸ“”

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks Eureka πŸ˜ƒ

Might even take TWO Moles on holiday! One for the BSD and one for the trip – no idea what (if anything) my friends have planned, or where we might be going😳 Love a mystery tripπŸ˜ƒ

After posting last night I copied some results, calorie & carb values etc into the BSD Mole, just need to enter dates and week numbers , then it’ll be ready to goπŸ˜ƒ

Curious to see how they react to courgetti!

• posted by Frog
    on

Congratulations Lynne – that’s really inspirational
    I’ve just read the book, and now this thread through from the beginning (your starting stats are extraordinarily similar to mine, which hooked me in), and I was just getting to the “so how is it going now?” question when I reached your 21 week post.

The thought that if I started tomorrow, by October I could be 20 kilos lighter is astonishing!

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi general Lynne
    Good thinking. Bring back some BSD food ideas we can adapt or pinch!
    Courgetti :
    Whisk olive oil with lemon juice & pour over hot drained courgetti. Add black or green olives, ground black pepper & grated Parmesan. Deliziosa. πŸ‹ πŸ§€

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks Frog. Welcome to the familyπŸ˜ƒ

Jump right in tomorrow, and let us know your progress. Remember: low carb, 800 calories, full fat products, and drink lots of water.

I’m one of those who strictly restricts carbs because I was diagnosed type 2 diabetic nearly 7 years ago. Now my test results are in normal range so will be looking for that diagnosis to be changed.

Any questions, just ask.

Hi Eureka πŸ‘‹

The spiraliser idea might help their relative who is gluten intolerant – must be a nightmare in Italy.

Because of Maddie’s health issues, she has to be careful not to gain weight, and she has to watch what she eats because she’s on warfarin.

Their breakfast is usually bread with jam, or cake 😱 And coffee πŸ˜ƒ
    Lunch might start with a small amount of pasta, followed by sliced cooked meat – mortadella, Parma ham, prosciutto or similar – with green salad dressed with oil and vinegar, then possibly cheese or fruit.
    Dinner might be similar to lunch. Very occasionally they get a takeaway pizza.

If we eat out, obviously lots of pasta dishes (last visit, before BSD I had black pasta – made with squid ink), but fresh fish and meat dishes too. Had some great fish at a restaurant on the island in the middle of Lake Isola

Just need to avoid dolce e gelato😱

And stop Antonio offering me local delicacies – usually carbs! He even emails me cake recipes😱 I always look at Maddie when he offers me something – ever since I accepted an olive, ate it, then realised it was stuffed with chilli. Nearly burned my mouth out! Not forgetting the time we brewed a catering size pot of tea and people complained about it. When we emptied the pot to start again, a tea bag was different to the others – he thought it would be funny to put in some Lapsang Souchong. Yuck!

I’ll try to be very observant and note down any/all recipes we can useπŸ˜ƒ

Looking forward to some good Parmesan and Gorgonzola (M&S out of stock of Gorgonzola dolce for ages and not keen on the picante version). All the food is so fresh – much nicerπŸ˜ƒ

Yesterday I invested in not one, but two 600ml leakproof water bottles. I’ll see which I prefer and take one, if not both, with me. Empty until through security, then fill up. Although I prefer sparkling water, it’s sometimes easier just to go with the still😳 Although might experiment to see if fizzy water works in them! Experimenting with fruit tea bags. Current favourite is cherry and cinnamonπŸ˜ƒ Maddie has some like camomile, so might take some of mine over.

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi general Lynne
    Make a note in the mole – Inspiralized.com with Ali Maffucci. Gives you lots of recipes on the web (Italian ones too). πŸ˜‹ I’m sure Maddie ( & all the BSD’s) would like them. I’ve got her book it’s very good. There’s also 5:2 & Fast diet recipes on the web. Maddie could start her own Mole. πŸ“” πŸ“
    I’m going to pinch your water bottle idea for my hols too. My flights are 7 1/2 & 9 1/2 hrs long!
    Twinings teas are good. I like strawberry & raspberry. β˜•οΈ I don’t like ordinary tea & coffee. 😝
    The cinnamon tea is good. I also sprinkle cinnamon on my yoghurt. It’s supposed to be good for diabetics & it tastes nice too
    Antonio, walk away from the kitchen! No, grazie!
    Ciao

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Eureka

I’ll check that out, thanks.

Great idea to start a BSD Mole with recipes and hintsπŸ˜ƒ . Grazie mille.

I drink lots of coffee and decaf (black), but I’m getting better at drinking more water. Trying to match coffe/decaf with water, and carrying a water bottle when I’m out.

I bought my water bottles off Amazon, and have tested them to make sure they are leakproof – I’ve tried so many that aren’t😱 Oh, and also tested with fizzy waterπŸ˜ƒ

The two that arrived today from Amazon do NOT leakπŸ˜ƒ. They are the Aladdin Aveo 0.6 litre water bottle and the Contigo Rush Autoseal 500ml water bottle. Both a little larger than the 500ml water bottles from the shops.

Ciao e buona notteπŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Trees
    on

Happy Sunday to everyone sorry that I haven’t posted for a while but I never seam to get five mins to post !!

I have a father in hospital with a fractured pelvis with dementia and have been told that he is unsafe to go home and have to find a care home – a mother at home with Parkinson’s — a husband with kidney cancer with secondaries and now has to walk with two crutches as he had a tumour in his femur which broke one morning getting out of bed– and we are moving house after 25 years and are living with most of our things packed in boxes !!!!

Any way back to the BSD WOW !!! I’m so glad I stumbled soon this book. The old me with what you have just read above would have sent me to the carbs big time — but no I have stuck to the plan for 17 weeks now and I’m not using food for emotional or energy boosting needs. I defiantly see food and need food in a different way now.

I have lost 4 stone in total with another 2 1/2 stone I think to go — and as Lynn said I’m very pleased to be in the ‘over weight ‘ BMI section!!! I wasn’t on any medication for my T2 but my fasting bloods are now normally in the 4s so I have stopped testing. My blood pressure is more often in the normal range than not.

Friends and family all see a difference in me but I have very few clothes that fit as I don’t want to wear my big baggy clothes!! As I use to use — now I like ones that fit!!

I haven’t been to see my GP yet but have seen my homeopathic doctor and he is more than happy to continue with the BSD and says that I’m getting all the right nutrition I need and is happy for me to continue.

Can I say a big thank you to Dr Moseley and his team for writing this book and for giving me the information that I could understand and which above all made sense –giving me my health back.

I will try and post when I can — well done every one and for all your hints and tips and heres to week 24.

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Trees
    What can I say? Your plate is overflowing! I sincerely wish you and all your family the best.
    You have found the strength to help yourself in the most adverse conditions and dramatically succeed. Very well done indeed. Please treat yourself to a new fitted outfit & enjoy wearing it.

Keep us posted when you can. Do see your GP now. Register with a new one ASAP if your moving away from the present one. You need all the help you can get with your family & help must be available for you all at this time. You are juggling the impossible & can’t do this without help. The NHS is ment for times like these, get that help. Insist on it! Don’t undo all the hard work you’ve put in.
    Take care all of you. Best wishes
    Eureka

• posted by Frog
    on

thanks Lynne
    I was diagnosed as diabetic about 18 months ago – but despite harassing my Father about sensible eating before he died, I’ve been really lazy about applying the same knowledge to myself.
    I did start a low sugar diet in January, but looking back at the spreadsheet I only kept to it really well for about six weeks – although the plus is that I’ve “only” put 1kg of the 4.5kg that I lost, so it wasn’t a total failure!

I was looking at spiralisers on Amazon today – I’ve had a couple of packs of pre-spiralised courgette from tesco, but TBH I’ve probably left them in the fridge too long & they’ve been a wee bit on the slimy side!
    I can’t bear fruit tea, but have bought a no-sugar pink grapefruit and lemon squash which is really nice. Thankfully I can’t bear sugar in tea or coffee, so i’m not too worried about cutting out tea – that really would be a step too far!

Just finishing off a rather nice bottle of port though! (BEFORE I START BSD!!! – I know, I know!)

DO have a brilliant holiday

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Long time BSD friends please keep posting – it means so much to me and others as we see our future in you.
    πŸ’œ

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Trees

You’ve certainly got a lot to cope with. Like you I’ve found that I can cope much better with what life throws at me now I am in control of what I eat. I’ll be starting the new group at week 23 (I’m away at my week 24) so come and join us there in a fortnight.

Frog, the spiraliser many of us use (recommended by Hashimoto) is the Cuisique bought from Amazon. I originally bought a different one but through it away, then a hand held, pencil sharpener type which works ok. Then Hashimoto recommended the Cuisique. I checked it out, then bought it and am really happy with it. Funny how we can try to get others to do things, but resist doing them ourselves😳

I go away at the end of the month, and trying to make sure I have everything ready. Will be staying at a hotel near Heathrow the night before I fly so I can be more rested, rather than travel overnight to the airport and arrive already tired. Need to check what food available at hotel in case I need to take something with me. Breakfast included in room rate, but it’s an early start so might miss that and eat at airport (must check that out). Water bottles bought – take empty through security then fill. Arrive in Italy mid-morning. πŸ˜ƒ

HappyLife – I’ll post as long as folk want to read them and/or find the posts helpful. πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Yesterday when I weighed I hit 12 stone – 56 pounds and 25% of my starting body weight gone.

Today – drum roll please – another pound gone, meaning my weight now starts with an 11. Ok, 11 stone 13 pounds, but still starting with 11πŸ˜ƒ . I can’t remember the last time I saw that. Another 3 pounds and I’m officially overweight πŸ˜ƒ

Was asked yesterday if I was still ‘on that diet’. Errr … yes! Still about 28 pounds to lose. And this is my new way of life. After 21 weeks it most certainly has become a habitπŸ˜ƒ

For those starting out, or in the early weeks, stick with it. It gets easier and it works πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Lynne – into the 11’s – that’s brilliant, congratulations
    I convert weight in and out of KG & imperial – it gives you more milestones, you can be pleased at being in the next stone down, and the next 10kg down too!
    I already ordered a spiralizer last night – one of the small pencil sharpener style ones. Space is at a real premium in my kitchen, and that’s before the advice in the book on putting everything away, so I’ll see how it goes with that one!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks Frog. If you decide to get a different spiraliser in the future, the one I mentioned is quite small and the blades can be stored inside. Quite compact

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi general lynne
    Ta dah! Stupendo! πŸ’

• posted by HappyLife
    on

I can’t wait to get a spiralizer when I get back from my trip – sounds like lots of fun and it will make meals interesting too!! Thanks for all the tips!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

I was out yesterday with a group of ladies. Hot drinks and water were provided (at a price) but packed lunches were the order of the day.

My group managed to get a table together, so there we were sitting round this large round table. I’d had my normal cooked breakfast and had something quick to prepare for my evening meal because I had to go out again, and I’d taken sparkling water with me. So I wasn’t hungry and just sat with my bottled water.

The laduse got there packed lunches out. Carbs everywhere. The lady on my right asked what I was having, then asked about the ‘diet’. The lady on my left offered me a small home-made cake – with the words “you wouldn’t believe I’m diabetic”. The lady opposite was glaring – she likes folk to think she’s on a diet, but they’re all telling her she eats the wrong stuff.

I told one of my colleagues she was looking good (she’s going to Slimming World) and the reply came back “So are you. Just be careful”. I smiled sweetly and told her I have another 28 pounds or thereabouts to loseπŸ˜ƒ

But it was a good day, despite a power cut!

• posted by Frog
    on

well done on resisting the temptation Lynne – or have you got to the stage where the cake wasn’t tempting?

Day 2 – not hungry so far, and 1.5kg gone overnight – probably most to do with going out for a ‘final’ afternoon tea the day before I started than not eating yesterday!
    Day 1 was about 600 calories and 35g of carb, and today 800 cal & 48g of carb – and a stonking 8 portions of fruit & veg.
    Yesterday I made a huge pot of ratatouille – about 4 portions, so I’m beginning to get a bit bored with it. I must start working my way through the freezer so that I have space to cook in batches and freeze some. Big bowl of rhubarb compote in the oven, which will be good with yoghurt and porridge.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Frog

The more I say “no thank you” the easier it gets😳

I don’t even remember what the cake was! But I saw lots of barm cakes (or whatever you call them in your part of the country) with usually ham filling. Lots of corned beef pie. Lots of crisps, cakes, biscuits etc. . And at least one flask of milky coffee!

Oh, and the sweets that were passed along the row during the meeting😱

But I can honestly say I didn’t want any of those nasty carbsπŸ˜ƒ

This is my new lifestyleπŸ˜ƒ

Well done on your first dayπŸ˜ƒ Can I suggest you’re careful with fruit? Berries are ok but other fruits are not good on the BSD. Some fruits really spike blood sugars too. It took me a while to get my head round that when I was first diagnosed – because I was at a slimming club and we were told to eat lots of fruit. I can’t eat porridge 😳 – spikes my sugar, but some diabetics (including my son) can eat it! Enjoy the ratatouille πŸ˜ƒ. I need to work through my freezer too – lots of fish, some eat and veg in it.

Need to make sure I’ve good in the fridge and/or freezer ready for when I come back off holiday. Will be tired after flying Italy to London, cross London and train home so will want something quick and easy.

• posted by Tallyhoo
    on

May I please join you??

I’ve now been on the BSD for 16 weeks this week………..

I’ve lost 3 stone 2 lbs aka 44 lbs……….I’ve gone from buying size 20 plus clothes to my latest purchase of size 12 jeans from Next after a good friend took a horrible pic of my bending down in my old jeans ‘they’re way too baggy get some new ones’ she cried. I’ve halved my metformin (thanks Bill) and it hasn’t made any difference to my blood sugars which have gone down from 10.6 to a regular 5.7 ish on fasting.

I’ve been staying in hotels every other week since I began this diet and have been extra vigilant and have never put on weight as a result. I now walk and walk and walk and have totally changed my way of thinking about food. I automatically scan menus to see what I can have as opposed to ‘I’ll have what I want and then go back to the diet’ – can’t do that anymore because I’m not on a diet – it’s just the way I eat. Totally amazed by the quantities of food people eat around me and the type of food – amazed because that was me until 16 weeks ago and I could no more do that now – I’d throw up at the thought – fantastic change of attitude!!! I now never order a main meal but always order a starter as a main and have a coffee as a dessert – used to have 3 courses – always. But – I do drink wine when I feel like it and have tea and coffee with milk…..

I’m away on holiday in 17th June and when I started this back on 25th January I stated my goal was to be 11 st 7 lbs – I’m now 11 st 10 lbs so only 3 lbs to go……………..at that point I will revise my goal weight as I really could lose another stone after that.

Have had my blood tests done at the doctor’s and get the results next week – we’ll see how positive or not they are.

Heard Dr M on the Chris Evans show yesterday morning – hope the message will get across to more people now – he is my saviour and I don’t say that lightly – have been trying to lose weight for the best part of 30 years and never EVER have been able to achieve results and positive attitude like this – feel truly blessed to have found this way of eating and so happy!!!

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Hi Tallyhoo
    Woo hoo. πŸ™‚ Congratulations.
    Fantastic post.
    Can’t officially join this 16 week place till next Monday but there are many people who will soon be taking these steps to change.
    Power to the ‘ vets ‘. Hope more people can find this ‘happy’ place.

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Tallyhoo
    A brilliant story & achievement so far! You will do the rest. Good bloods & I hope you can get rid of the metformin in the future. Keep on keeping on. πŸ‘πŸ»

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Tallyhoo

Welcome to the club πŸ˜ƒ Those are great results. You’ll reach that target by your holiday πŸ˜ƒ Hope you get rid of the Metformin soon!

Hi ay caramba. Looking forward to you officially joining us on MondayπŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Lynne
    I just googled images of barm cakes to see what they were – and found a hysterical picture of a barm cake, with a pie inside, and a huge helping of chips. Yuk! – all it needed was a healthy dollop of ketchup on top!
    From the images they’d be white rolls or baps here!
    I love porridge – I don’t eat it all that often, although I will now maybe. A nutritionist that I saw a few years ago recommended soaking the oats in water overnight – makes them very sweet without adding anything.
    I don’t have anything to measure my blood sugar daily or to specifically test a particular food – I might invest in one, otherwise its just occasional blood tests through my GP. The spiralizer got very close yesterday, but just one of those frustrating slips saying that they will attempt redelivery.

Not overdoing the fruit – aside from a portion of rhubarb, the veg count was mostly down to the ratatouille – I count the portions of veg that go into a recipe, and divide the total by the number of portions.
    I discovered the joy of Hummus and Taramasalata on a giant cabbage leaf yesterday (previously that would have been with tons of bread!) – really nice and crunchy!

Well done Tallyhoo – size 12 from 20, that’s brilliant, it must have been a great feeling buying the jeans – i bet you felt they should have been gift wrapped with a giant bow!
    When I was setting myself targets (size 12 is MY Target!) I realised that I have/had size 18 hips and (not breathing in) a size 24 waist – no wonder finding trousers that fitted was a challenge!
    I’m weighing myself daily -6lb in 3 days- but have decided to measure fortnightly will be more helpful (but I might be tempted at the end of week 1)

• posted by Tallyhoo
    on

Hi Frog,

Ah shucks – thanks for kind words – I’m still over the moon! You are doing so well – the encouragement that you get from your own success is just so powerful I think which is what is so motivating – that and this forum!

I actually weigh myself every day without fail – unless I’m away from home – the reason being I have noticed massive fluctuations and I know that if I had one of these on my 1 day a week weigh in and I had another whole week or 2 to wait till the next I would be discouraged. As it is I see the fluctuations daily and recognise that weird and ‘unfair’ and annoying things happen – for instance I am trying to walk further and quicker each day but when I have time to do a massive walk (happy dog!) like yesterday when it was a fast paced 2 hour walk – on the flat admittedly – today I put on 1 lb and I knew I would – I haven’t really but that’s the weird fluctuation I’m talking about – I only know this now because I do weigh every day – it’ll come off because I haven’t eaten anything I shouldn’t – it’s just annoying! People say it’s muscle which weighs heavier than fat – maybe, I dunno but it’s annoying!

Keep up the great work…………..

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Tallyhoo
    yes, I’m weighing daily, its just taking waist/thigh measurements that I think will be more meaningful to do less frequently – and I do have to wrestle my cat chasing the tape measure, so not as simple as standing on the scales!

Please log in or register to post a reply.