Over the 16-week line

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Today I’ve been on the BSD for 16 weeks.

Starting on 19th December I weighed 16 stone and my waist was 49″. Fasting BG 10.9 and BMI 40.9
    On 23/12/15 my measurements were 50/46/54.5

After 8 weeks (13/2/16) weight 14 stone 1 pound, measurements 46/41/51. Fasting BG 5.3 and BMI 36

Today, after 16 weeks, weight 12 stone 11 pounds, measurements 43/38/48. Fasting BG 4.4 and BMI 32.7.

Today’s weight means I have lost 20% of my starting weight.

At 5’2″ I’ve still lots more weight to lose (2 to 2.5 stone) do am staying on the 800 calories for a while yet.

• posted by tree-peony
    on

Well done to you! I’m on a very similar trajectory to yourself, except I started at 120kg thanks to Gliclizide! I’m at 9 weeks now and intending to keep going for as long as it takes πŸ™‚ I’m still taking 80mg of Glic a day and 100mg of Sitagliptin (I got lactic acidocis from Metformin) but my levels at the moment are fab and I’ve come down from 240mg Glic and Lyxumia injectibles, so I’m thrilled too! I’ve low carbed since being diagnosed 4 years ago, but the restricted calorie thing seems to really work!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi tree-peony

I’ve managed to avoid diabetes meds but just prior to starting this they were hinting at Metformin. I politely told them I was trying thisπŸ˜ƒ

Well done on reducing your meds. Hopefully you’ll be able to cut down further or even come off them!

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Lynne, those results are absolutely gobsmackingly amazing!! I knew you had done really well, but when it’s set out like that with your measurements and weight loss, BMI etc, it’s just fantastic.
    Your weight loss is almost the equivalent of my youngest child! Did you ever imagine you were carrying a six year old around all day everyday?
    You are a great example of what the BSD and some good old fashioned determination can do to transform your health. Well done you πŸ™‚

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks Cherrianne. Strangely enough it was a six year old that gave me a bad back😳

Was bent over hugging the twins when G lifted her feet off the floor and my back went. A few months later, before it was ok, I fell and apparently damaged a muscle running across my back from hip to hip😱 Unfortunately it’s never been really right since do I do have to be careful.

All because of a six year old!

But a good point that you make. I’d never thought about permanently carrying a small child around with me😱

• posted by karra
    on

Wow Lynne that’s really fabulous news for you. I’m so pleased for you, you’ve worked so hard and you’ve accomplished a lot in 16 weeks. The really good thing is that it came off slower which means you have a better chance of keeping it off by continuing to do what you’re doing.

Well done to you

hugs
    Karra

• posted by orchid
    on

that is absolutely fantastic Lynne – a real inspiration!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks karra and orchid.

The weight dropped quickly in the first 8 weeks – 27 pounds – then 18 pounds in the second 8 weeks. Much better than any other ‘diet’ I’ve been on πŸ˜ƒ When you’ve a lot to lose those 1-2 pounds a week the slimming clubs advise just drag on! I needed the quick start this gave meπŸ˜ƒ

• posted by NewLife
    on

Awesome Lynne πŸ™‚

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi captainlynne

Chin up, chest out, shoulders back, stomach IN Atten-shun! Saluting General Lynne
    Eureka

• posted by Justabloke
    on

πŸ˜€

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Eureka, your post made me smile – thank you. I get called lots of things, so general is great πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by tree-peony
    on

thanks Lynne πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Eureka, I smiled at your post too!

Lynne is absolutely amazing and a real poster girl for the BSD!! πŸ™‚

• posted by Desperate dieter
    on

Wow! Well done Lynne
    Your progress is amazing.I finished 8 weeks today and am 2 stone down , but have another few stone to lose yet. I’m so pleased for you and hope I can be just as determined. You are an inspiration, thank you . Much joy

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Welcome to the veterans club desperate dieter! πŸ™‚

• posted by neohdiver
    on

Fantastic job, Lynne!

• posted by Desperate dieter
    on

Hi Hasimoto
    It’s a great feeling isn’t it? Reading the forum 8 weeks ago , I was a little sceptical that I’d be able to finish 8 weeks…now I’m looking forward to continuing for another 8. Your posts are always really encouraging, you always manage to say just the right thing and are so helpful to everyone . Please keep up the good work.
    Much joy

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Thankyou so much desperate dieter πŸ™‚

• posted by Leeanne
    on

Those results are excellent! Bet you feel like a new woman. Hoping I do as well as you’ve done. Huge congratulations captainlynne!!!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Judith and Eureka – now have picture in head of that poster – not a pretty sight😱

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks everyoneπŸ˜ƒ

Leanne – yes, I’m feeling much better in lots of ways. Perhaps not new, but definitely newerπŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Beverley
    on

I am totally inspired by your experience with this diet CaptainLynne! Thank you for sharing – it really makes a huge difference to my motivation to see your results so far.

I’m 5’5” and weighed 110kg 10 days ago (already down to 103.7kg) and am hoping to reach 70kg by the end of the year. My target by 16 weeks is 90kg – after that I’m happy to lose it a little more slowly!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Got to agree Lynne, you are without doubt the BSD pin up girl but not just that.
    You have given us all a target to aim for along with the inspiration to take matters ino our own hands and get there ourselves.
    We may not all do it at the same speed. but you are living proof that the lifestyle works and so many newbies are going to read this and think “If she can do that, I can do”
    I know if I get to your point, I’ll be delighted.
    Anecdote time, Is dieting the only thing where a loss is classed as a gain ? πŸ˜‰

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks Bill

Being the shy, retiring person I am, I did hesitate about posting my progress. If they help people I am glad that I do post.

There are so many people on here (including you) who are keeping me going and helping me keep my focus now I’m in it for the long haul. I’m around the halfway point to where I want/need to be weight wise (unless I suddenly grow several inches taller LOL)

But perhaps my most important goal was getting the fasting bloods down, and they seem to have stabilised between 4 and 4.9. I am thrilled that you are now off the Metformin *does happy dance*

• posted by Spirit
    on

hi Lynne,

Love your shiny-new thread. xx

Huge congratulations on your continued success too x

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Spirit

I polished it specially for you, glad you like it πŸ˜ƒ Thanks for your kind comment!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Another pound rides off into the distance πŸ˜ƒ Another 4 pounds to reach 50 pounds loss!!! Fasting bloods still between 4 and 4.9πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Amazing results Lynne!! πŸ™‚

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Wow Lynne,
    50lbs! You need to have a party when you lose the next 4lbs. A golden scales party. Like a weight loss version of a golden wedding anniversary πŸ™‚

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks Cherrianne. I’ll send out party invites! Watch this spaceπŸ˜ƒ

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Another 2 pounds gone. Only another 2 before its party timeπŸ˜ƒ

Time to get the posh frocks out in readiness ladies. Gents, you need to dress smartly too! No mankinis BillπŸ˜ƒ

• posted by hashimoto
    on

A St George’s Day celebration for you Lynne!

I’ll have to get my posh frock out really soon Lynne! Fantastic result! πŸ™‚

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Well done Lynne, you’re our BSD superstar!!
    Happy St George’s Day to everyone. I always tease my Dad on this day because when I was about 10 or 11, I asked him where St George killed the dragon. He told me it was in our village, and so I wrote about it in a story for school. Poor Dad was mortified that he’d answered me so flippantly lol πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Oh that’s really funny Cherrianne. Not as bad as the time my dad referred to one of the teachers as ‘Old Frosty’ ( she was) and my brother told her!! Or my friend always referring to the chemistry teacher as Mad Boolu and his dad actually called him ‘Mr Boolu’ at a parent’s evening. He genuinely thought that was the guy’s name.

It isn’t possible to be a parent and not have an embarrassing incident lol

And happy St George’s day to all! πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Lynne, that must have been so awkward for you!!!

• posted by Izzy
    on

amazing story of BSD and love the funnies as well lol

I guess you’ve answered a question I’ve been pondering that we don’t have to change to the 5:2 after 8 weeks? we can keep going on 800? It was a question I was going to ask further in assuming I can get to week 8!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Izzy, lynne has been doing this for nearly 17 weeks and I can vouch for the fact that she looks well! πŸ™‚ I’ve been going for 16 weeks by Tuesday – but have been slowly increasing my calories – but not starchy food!! – for a while. I’m 8stone 12 now and I’m quite happy with that!
    WEll, that was a much better result than I could ever have anticipated at the beginning! πŸ™‚

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Izzy. As Hashimoto says, I’ve just finished 18 weeks on 800 and feel great. I’ve still nearly 3 stone to lose and want to stay on this until I reach that goal.

I originally asked the team about this and their response was that it was ok to stay on 800 for a few extra weeks, then move to 5:2. But as you will see from the posts, lots of folk are now staying on 800 longer term with no ill effects.

I do see my diabetes nurse monthly for her to monitor my progress. Last month they expressed doubt about whether or not this was sustainable – so the stubborn part of me is determined to show them that it is.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Izzy look at Barby’s poat about free kindle books – there is a spiraliser recipe book for free on Kindle.

Sorry Lynne I am getting g confused over weeks – it means I reached 16 weeks Tuesday gone!!! πŸ™‚

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Working on my action plan for next week – in a hotel Monday to Thursday. I’ve stayed there before do have a reasonable idea what the meals are like. Unless, of course, they’ve changed things from last year!

Breakfast: buffet style. Will walk past fruit juice, cereal etc and head straight for the cooked breakfast. Avoid toast that sits on the table.

Lunch: buffet style. (I normally don’t eat lunch now, but most evenings next week the evening meal is quite late, so will probably eat at lunchtime too). Cooked meats and various salads, just watching portion sizes and being careful with the salads. No bread roll! Avoid the hot option – too many carbs usually. Definitely no dessert.

Dinner: this has to picked at breakfast (at arrival on first day) and is 3 courses, served set the table. Because it will be later than I normally eat, I won’t want much – especially after eating at lunchtime. Usually a choice of about 3 starters – soup plus possibly pΓ’tΓ©, melon or something similar. Will make best choice possible – or just not have starter. Main course – again a choice of 3 or 4 dishes- usually fish, poultry and meat alternatives. Have decided I’ll see what the choices are and if I’m not too happy with them I’ll ask if I can have a salad. Again, I’ll decline the desserts. Last year I had the cheeseboard one evening – if was huge, with lots of crackers and fruit!!!!!

Oh, and no shortbread biscuits at coffee breaks.

That’s my thinking. I don’t think low-carb will be an issue – it’s going to be keeping an eye on portion sizes. And not eating too much late in the day😳

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Looks like you have it well sorted, Lynne! It’s amazing how we can eat out without fear once we have a handle on this diet πŸ™‚

• posted by Izzy
    on

that’s great you guys are giving me all sorts of hope that I can do what I need to do πŸ™‚

My ultimate goal is around 50 lb’s away and I know I can’t do that in 8 weeks.

I’m liking your action plan. I’m sat here with my diary looking through the recipe thread just now trying to plan. I have two kids plus a very hungry hubby to feed too, so I’m trying to choose plenty of things that they can have too just adding rice/pasta/potato to their portions and not mine.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Izzy,
    I often cook bigger meals and freeze some of the extra portions. Then when my family want something that doesn’t suit adapting to my needs, I can just grab something for me from the freezer.
    It saves heaps of hassle. πŸ™‚

• posted by Izzy
    on

I’m always freezing leftovers but my hubby steals them to eat at work lol. I’ll need to reserve a shelf in the freezer just for me maybe πŸ™‚

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Just heard the food at the hotel I’m staying at from tomorrow isn’t as good as in previous years. That might make life easier 😳

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Lynne it comes to something when you’re glad the hotel food won’t be very good lol πŸ™‚

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Judith, as long as the cooked breakfast is ok I’ll be happyπŸ˜ƒ Might come home looking like a rabbit if I have nothing else to eat but salad😱 Can’t remember what the Internet access is like, but will try and check in each day. Leaving about 12 tomorrow, back late Thursday afternoon. Food in fridge and freezer so I don’t have to worry about it when I get back.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Weight this morning 12 st 7 lb, fasting blood sugar 4.6. Breakfast eaten, case packed, ravelling later, two sessions this afternoon, then evening meal at 7pm.

Be interesting to see weight and blood sugar results on Friday!

Will check in when I can. Might even tell you what culinary delights have been on offer 😳 Have a good week everyone.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Lynne I hope you have a good week and that the food is not too horrendous! πŸ™‚
    Bon voyage πŸ™‚

Just looked out the window. . . .it’s SNOWING!!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.