New life choice for determined alcoholic

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Leeleecheechee
    on

Ha ha! It would appear that my 3lb gain is actually an 800gram gain and hopefully not even that. I was (to use polite phraseology) a little bit backed up due to painkiller use with my back. It appears to be resolving now and this morning I was 142.8lbs. Very happy now.

Madmare full kudos on doing so well in Tuscany. I would find the food very hard to resist.

FFBB, well done on your meal out. I find being out of routine really tough to manage.

Crabbycams I’m with you on the bread 🍞. I miss thick white toast with real butter like nothing else. And what I wouldn’t give for some sourdough….

EC, chin up on the renos. Just concentrate on how fab it will all be when done. I’d love to do some bits to my place but not really in a position to do it just yet.

Nonna. Big hugs, just for being you.

Finally well done kitty 🐱 on day 1. Hope you haven’t found it too hard. The walk was a great start. Having just re-engaged myself I’m struggling with hunger today but will just have to power through.

I may have bought a pair of bright purple jeggings today on my way home but will plead the 5th if challenged!!

L 😘

on

Nonna Mary don’t you dare beat yourself up.
    You may not be seeing results on the scales. YET but you will. You are also so much healthier on the inside and mentally so strong.

If I were you, I would truly celebrate your anniversary. Don’t spend the evening feeling deprived or resenting what you can’t eat. Have what you want and celebrate your life with the lovely Jovis.

Lots of love xxx

• posted by fattyfattyboomboooms
    on

Oh Mary *big hug*

Mirrors are a bitch. The full length one I have at home is really flattering but the one in the shop where I volunteer is horrible.

I try to dwell on the positives in my reflection. I have a great smile and a very expressive face (you can always tell what my opinion is which is why I can never play cards for money as my face gives it away…it is also why I am a shit liar!), I can raise one eyebrow independently of the other which is something my mum wishes she could do. I have less back fat than I had before, I only have a double chin instead of a quadruple one.

Personality wise I am quick witted and sarcastic (in a witty way…not cruel {though I can be cutting if pushed, I’m not a frigging saint!}) We have regular customers (weird for a charity shop) and they know I will tell them if something does or doesn’t suit them. I am good with new customers and always try to have a laugh with them where possible.

I am trying to say that we are amazing. We have to be our own fans no matter what. Your body has given you children and as an off-shoot grand children (and a prick for a son in law but you can’t have everything!) Your hubby obviously adores you and he risks having sex with you even though you are so hot you LITERALLY blew his mind!

Think on that.

FFBB X (Carol)

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Thank you Lee….Jovis and I were just talking about it and decided if we want to we will, but no pressure. I don’t go through half of what other people do so I am truly grateful for my life.

Til next time. Much love.

Nonna Mary xxxx

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Oh FFBB, You do make me laugh. I usually only look at my face when making up, or my top or my bottom, not the whole together. It just shocked me lol… You would have thought I would be used to it by now. But, It has strengthened my resolve to carry one, no matter what. Your kind words and those of Lee and the others help me enormously which I why I love being on this forum.

We are great and I am a Tiger, hear me ROAR!

Jovis, says he is going to have to come on here and thank you all as he loves the support I get.

Much Love,

Nonna Mary xxx

on

Yay!
    Bring on Jovis!!!
    L xx

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Hello All,

I am about to go to bed. Tomorrow is my weigh in day, so wish me luck. Hoping to have doubled my last losses so I will lose the great sum of 2 pounds. Anyway, I hope wherever you are or whoever you are, you and your loved ones are healthy and content.

See you tomorrow.

Love
    Nonna Mary
    xxxx

• posted by Kitty Malne
    on

Well end of day 1😎
    Thanks for all your encouragement, not too bad a day. Have planned out meals (finally!) and will go shopping tomorrow. Drank more water than usual but I will drink even more tomorrow. I will go for another walk or maybe brave the swimming pool tomorrow.
    Good luck to everyone’s who’s weighing in tomorrow, feeling very positive thanks to you lovely ones xxx
    Good night
    Kitty 🐱

• posted by Hello 66
    on

Hi to you all ,
    Have read through all the posts I have missed , and see the support from you all just keeps coming which is fantastic .
    I’ve had some great days since joining you all on July 10 th , & on those days I’ve managed quite well , and even lost a little weight , but 3 days of the 10 I’ve succumbed & had wine and champagne I’m afraid to admit , but convinced myself each of those occasions that I had a good excuse .
    We all make excuses for ourselves at times I know , but the days I fell off the wagon were the evening before , & the day of our Son’s Birthday , plus the day after !
    I know I know that’s 3 out of ten days it doesn’t sound good , but he died in a car accident just before his 20 th Birthday , so this time of year I find particularly tough , especially Celebrating his Birthdays without him !
    As I’d been tempted to drink wine the evening before his Birthday I did decide to go and have a look around for a special vessel to drink from on his Birthday , so I did actually find a silver goblet on his birthday , and had it in my bag ready as we had a Special Birthday meal at our daughters place to honour his Birthday , she had sparkling mineral water on offer for me , but when the Champagne came out , and the cork was popped I put my hand up for one very quickly as it didn’t seem right toasting his Birthday with mineral water 🍾
    But I didn’t use my Silver goblet , and won’t ever fill it with Satan’s p… Mary πŸ‘πŸ»
    I’ve imagined that the goblet has been filled with Champagne many hundreds of times , but no more !
    Anyway came home on a high after an evening of love , fun and laughter but of cause came down with a thud the next day , and couldn’t wait for 5 o’clock …..
    Anyway I’m Not giving up , I’m going to visit here more often for inspiration , I love some of your wise words to Kitty , a warm welcome from me as well Kitty , please don’t be put off by my admission , I just felt being honest might help ME .
    You have got off to a positive start , so sorry to hear how Type 2 complications have caused your Dad so much angst , do hope his other leg can be saved .
    Anyway despite my falling off the wagon I’m not giving up , & I am drinking sparkling soda and tonic water from my lovely silver goblet , I toast my dearly loved son each time , and have a smile as I think of him , & I float a strawberry in it sometimes .
    I also bought a couple of lovely long stemmed crystal glasses which I have been putting on the table with a slice of cucumber or lemon as a ‘ table wine ‘ . ( I bought 2 as I don’t want to drink alone ! Lol )
    The 2 special crystal glasses will not be having any Satan’s p… poured into them either .
    I haven’t found the perfect special coffee mug yet , or special perfect tea cup , they weren’t as important as the alcohol free vessels 😊
    Lee I was quite moved by you saying your Dad has given you your Mother’s Engagement and Wedding rings , moistened my eyes , hugs to you ,mod hope your Dad is ok . 😘😘
    Your weight loss and FFBB ‘s are fantastic , gives me hope this really does work if you adhere to it ,
    In the 10 days since I started I have lost 1.5 pounds so better than nothing I guess , so will keep,plugging on , and remember your advice to Kitty when I have a blip !
    Like that one of yours too Mary , to give yourself permission to drink another day , that’s a good one , just have to talk to the spoilt inner brat who,wants everything NOW !!!
    Mary I was sorry to hear you had a bad day with that rotten mirror , needed smashing I’d say , and as FFBB says go out and fully enjoy your Wedding Anniversay , not a day for denial in any way , so go for it , and enjoy every minute of it , and take a leaf from FFBB , & dwell on the positives you see in yourself , the mirror image is only a very small part of the wonderful person your Jovis fell in love with and Married a big hug coming your way 😘
    Yes I can hear you ROAR !🐯
    Hope everyone is having a good positive day , will be back soon ,
    Love to all ,
    H66

Don’t know what happened there , lost my long post , never mind just wanted to call in , say Hello, and admit that I succumbed to the lure of alcohol 3 days out of the 10 , day before , I know I know , doesn’t sound good !!
    I know we all give ourselves excuses at times , but our Son died in a tragic car accident just before his 20 th Birthdsy , so I find this time of year particularly hard , and it’s always tough Celebrating his Birthday without him .
    On his Birthday I bought a Silver Goblet , & intended to drink Tonic Water from it , as we all Celebrated his Birthday at our daughters place , but when the Bottle of Champagne came out , I put it back in my bag , and had the Champagne !
    No Satan’s p… will ever be poured into this glass , and I’ve enjoyed to panic water plus a strawberry a couple of times since .
    I also bought 2 lovely big crystal glasses , I have named them the alcohol free glasses , I bought 2, as I don’t like drinking alone !
    They have been used with a slice of cucumber and lemon , in soda , and tonic water , so I’ll keep moving forward , and will visit here more often for the inspiration and support you all give so freely .
    I have lost 1.5 kgs in the 10 days , so I feel positive about that .
    Lee I was touched by your Dad giving you your Mum’s engagement and wedding rings , do hope he is ok , hugs coming your way .
    Mary , FFBB is so right in what she says , look at your reflection in the mirror , and see the things you like about you , and also see what others see , that reflect what a lovely caring person you are , and go out and enjoy your Wedding Anniversary , not a day to think about denial in any way .
    Kitty do hope you do well on the BSD , your Dad is certainly suffering from the comlications of this awful disease Type 2 Diabetes , I’m trying to avoid it as a pre Type 2 diabetic , and it’s shocking complications , I do so hope that his other leg can be saved !
    Big hugs to everyone ,
    H66

Weight yesterday after 2 weeks 1.5 pounds lighter

• posted by Hello 66
    on

Ps : don’t know what happened there , my former post appeared at the top of my 2 nd attempt , now there’s 2 to read , sorry about that !
    And should read complications ….
    By the way it was tonic water , and it was our Son’s Birthday , perhaps I should edit before I send ….
    😊H66

• posted by Kitty Malne
    on

Good morning my lovely friends,
    Nice to meet you H66, you don’t need to worry about drinking on your sons birthday…who wouldn’t? Lovely idea to have special drinking glasses ❀️
    Well I’m awake so… breakfast,walk,shower,tidy, loads of washing and hopefully ready to take nana (95) to hospital at 12:30!
    I’m also cutting out caffeine whilst following BSD and I really missed my lattes yesterday…however if that helps with ny hot flushes, I’ll do it!
    Have a great day everyone
    Love Kitty 🐱

• posted by EC
    on

I’m so humbled by the generosity of life’s tales in this group….Lee what a beautiful gesture from your dad, and H66, thankyou for sharing your story of your son….I hope whatever gives you solace is yours….It makes me want to gather all my kids up and wrap them in cotton wool but that would be counter to living well too!

We’re alright this mob and here for one another

This journey (as as been expressed previously) is not just about physical health.

All good here on most fronts….renos have stalled for a few days (respite!) and work beckons loudly as deadlines approach
    Two good BSD days, though am wearying of soup (and I love soup!!).

Dinner out tonight, but Japanese, so should be plenty of healthy choices
    border collie also beckons, so a quick walk before we head out

love and strength to you all

• posted by Kitty Malne
    on

Hello nice to meet you EC
    At the risk of sounding thick…but what are “renos” please?
    Kitty 🐱

• posted by EC
    on

haha, sorry Kitty….Australians are notorious for abbreviating everthying…names especially!!

renovations!! our state Govt has released a loan scheme (interest free) for energy efficient projects, so we are insulating and putting in hydronic, underfloor heating (we live in the coldest state in the country!)…but arguably the most beautiful!!

• posted by Madmare
    on

HI Mary
    I had a similar mirror horror experience yesterday.
    Our bedroom in the lovely villa has internal shutters on the windows. I had the windows open whilst applying makeup and caught sight of my rear view in the glass.
    I HAVE NO WAIST AT ALL!!
    I have enormous shoulders anyway but I AM SO BROAD!!
    If as Liz,s lovely Polish lady would say I am a leek I am in the monster league that those Northern lads who grow leeks compeiviely would be delighted to possess!!
    This has not sent me into a drinking spiral just th cold determination that something HAS TO BE DONE!!
    It’s not going to be easy, there are no scales either for portion control or weighing me, but just need to be sensible
    Remove carbs as far as possible and limit drinking

Love to you alll

Madmare

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Morning,

I will update on weight in a bit. First let me say….BLOODY WELL DONE ! You are amazing ladies and I am proud to ‘chat’ with you on here. We are all together in this journey and I am pleased or offer my hand and shoulder when you need them.

Kitty, I do hope you manage to get your swim in today and give your Nana a huge love from me. I never knew my grandparents and my daughters only had my mother (Jovis is an orphan). I do have an Aunt who is 94, who I love dearly and is like a mother to me. We need to venerate our elders more! They are full of wisdom and love. (well some of them are)

Hello 66….I was so sad to hear of your loss. It take incredible courage to recover slightly from that. I would have been so drunk I wouldn’t have remembered what day it was. You were incredibly restrained. Now, you must abstain in his memory also. What a lovely idea to have new glasses. I hadn’t thought of that. I might pinch that idea.

EC…it must be very difficult re bsd whilst the renos are going on. Be kind to yourself and if you have to chose between drink and food, choose food lol. Give your sons cuddles from me.

Madmare…I hope you are enjoying your holiday no matter what vegetable you think you are. I know I am a potato! Knobbly and versatile. I miss my mash!

Take care everyone.

Love Nonna Mary
    xxxx

• posted by EC
    on

obviously, I’m over work for today (it is almost 6pm EST) as here I am posting x 3 today!!

Re the mirror experiences, I would previously always “check” myself in the mirror before work front view only….never side (protruding) view and rushed past any view of the naked me

So….I am making a daily habit of checking the (diminishing…albeit slowly) side view and also most days a naked view to remind me that I NEED to stick to this!!!!!

thank you all you fabulous women for being here!

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Allo, Allo,

Leesten verry caerfullii I vill zey zis unly wuns. (Probably only uk dwellers will get that joke, its from a tv programme). Tooday I av vayed myzelf and I arm pleezed to zay I av lozt 4 pownds! Oui, zat is wot I zed, 4 pownds! I av alzo lozt ze eench ov zee ipps and zee wayst…zankfuly ze boobies av remayned ze zame!.

Regardez, zis vay ov loife duz werk.

I arm verry pleezed wiv zis rezult. I arm, cock ov ze oop!

Regardez, I arm steel dans le wagon. Samedi, mon ami Shovis (Je t’adore) av bin marry- ed pour le 39 ans (years). Ooh la la! Zuch a loong tiem. E iz moor ansom eech dae! Ve vill bee diening, a la restaurante, annd perapps mey av ze leetle shampan az eet iz zuch a speshal dey. Owever, I vill sho riztraint.

I lurve vous all. Garder la foi,

Regardz La Nonna Marie,
    xxxx

• posted by Kitty Malne
    on

Well doon Nonna Mary, I ope I can get can zee right accent to say appy anniversary and ave a great meal
    . 4 lb …yay we’ll done you xxx just got back from my walk and it was definitely a little easier today.
    Catch you all later
    Kitty 🐱

• posted by Hello 66
    on

Hello Kitty , thank you for your kind words , I think it was Mary who had the great idea of getting a special cup or glass , maybe it was Liz , but I thought it was a great idea , as I bought the silver goblet on my darling Son’ s Birthday , I’m going to use it every day , and know he would be cheering me on 😘

• posted by Hello 66
    on

EC thank you for your kind words also about the loss of my Son , and yes I understand how you want to gather your kids , and wrap them in cotton wool , I did that for a long time with my other kids , as I faced unbearable grief as a Mother , they were going through their own grief following the loss of their dearly loved brother , I managed to allow them to spread their wings , and become balanced adults , I now have little Grandchildren that I want to protect and wrap in cotton wool EC , so I’m still a work in progress 😘

• posted by Hello 66
    on

Hello Mary ,
    Thank you also for your kind words about my loss of our beloved son , and yes I was fairly restrained on his Birthday , but believe me there have been many many times when I have no memory of the night before , and have had many days when I haven’t known what day it is !
    I’m going to use the new glasses to honour his memory , & know he would be proud of me wanting to get as healthy as possible xoxo
    husband said he’d like a glass of wine with his dinner , so I poured it for him , and poured me a glass of water in my expensive new crystal glass , and wondered how I would survive watching him drink it !!
    I sat his in front of him in a small ‘ old ‘ wine glass , and suggested his wine looked like cat p… , and mine looked as crystal clear as my glass ! Added that my head will be the same in the morning ….
    He was very impressed , he sipped his one small glass , & said he was very proud of me ❀️❀️
    I didn’t waver so I’m pleased with myself πŸ‘πŸ»
    By the way I thought the new glass / cup idea or mug idea was yours , must have been Liz’s ?
    Anyway think it will be helpful , may have to remind myself that wine looks like cat’s p… , and as for champagne , may try and keep that for Celebrating special Birthdays .

😘 from me

and I didn’t waver , I enjoyed my

• posted by Hello 66
    on

PS : Missed congratulating you Mary , wow that’s a fantastic loss of weight , and yes I think you deserve a glass of Champers on your Wedding Anniversary πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜˜

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Hello 66, I am so effing PROUD of you. You are sodding amazing and strong and wonderful.

Love Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by crabbycams
    on

So proud of you 66. I cannot imagine your grief at each anniversary. My biggest loss was that of my father and each year I remember him. Next anniversary I will take a leaf from your book and celebrate his life by adhering to my diet and health plans.

Proud of all the others on this post as well: EC with the renos, FFBB, Mary and everyone. My challenges are nothing by comparison. However, despite a nasty mole removal last week that has become a bit infected, the stitches were out today and good news from the pathology with all the nasty bits gone. And I’ve stayed on track in spite of it and lost about a kilo this week.

I finally think that this way of eating (don’t like WOE as it looks sad) is taking hold and starting to become a habit, apart from the odd handful of chocolate batons.

You are all an total inspiration. Love you all. Haven’t heard from Liz lately, hope you, Kev and your mum are all OK.

on

Well done Mary, so chuffed for you. 4 lbs lost is epic and proves to us all we have to work this plan and it will work for us.

FFBB X

• posted by Hello 66
    on

Hello Nonna Mary , I am so pleased you are so effing PROUD of me , it’s put a smile on my face , & along with it that describing me as strong has given me a bit of extra strength , which I will save , & use when I feel a moment of weakness coming on 😘
    Hello to you too CC ( I don’t like to call you crabbycams ) , I’m pleased I’ve made you proud as well , and here’s to you succeeding by adhering to your diet and health plans to Celebrate your Father’s life , he too would be so proud of you I’m sure 😘
    So glad the pathology from your mole removal brought good news , what a relief for you , can imagine you’ve had a nervous wait for that result , good for you staying on track , and losing a kilo,πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»I do hope the infection clears quickly 😊
    As you said there’s a reason to be proud of everyone here , as each one of us has our own challenges
    So my love to all ,
    H 66 😘

• posted by Madmare
    on

Well done Mary, losing 4lbs is just brilliant. Shows what can be done when you put your mind t it!!

on

Day 31 in the BSD house.

Nowt much to report. Felt like crap this morning and I have been hungry all day again…..totally my own fault.

Revised plan…. no more alcohol until I can fasten AND sit down in the size 16 jeans. If this means no socialising then so be it. Luckily the short cut (which is a foot bridge) into the village by the pub on the river is being removed and replaced so I will be walking the long way to and from home and not seeing temptation.

Still I am taking it one day at a time.

FFBB X

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Oh FFBB, I wish I could help. It will work honest….I know its not easy…i found the first 3 days the hardest. Psychologists say it takes 3 times to reset a habit….now I keep thinking, why would I want to ruin all that hard work. You will get there. I love your determination.

Love Nonna Mary
    xxx

on

Thanks Mary. I will get there, I just have to stick with the programme.

on

OMG Mary. I’m so feckin proud of you! πŸŽ‰
    It’s just what you deserve after mirror gate. Told ya it would happen….
    Of course I’m going to give credit to Jovis and his amazing sounding steak and veg xxx

on

Couldn’t keep up with all the posts today. So lovely to see so many of you around.

However, couldn’t have the day draw to a close without H66 getting an extra big hug. Every mothers worst nightmare. ❀️❀️❀️

L 😘

• posted by Kitty Malne
    on

Well said Lee, good night everyone x
    Kitty 🐱

• posted by Kitty Malne
    on

Forgot to say… didn’t get swimming but did go for 2nd walk this evening πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

First a huge THANK YOU, for all your support, it really, really helps.

Kitty, well done on the walking. You are great. Just a little caveat, make sure that a)… its something you like doing and… b) it is sustainable when the weather changes.

It is persisting down here at the moment and I am about to do my wii fit. I am lucky that my dogs hate walking in the rain, so they are just going to watch me and sleep (what a life), I always feel sorry for people and dogs who walk in the rain, the dogs don’t look happy and the owners are soaking wet. Not much fun for either.

That’s all for now. Will check in later and see how everyone is doing.

Much love
    Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by Hello 66
    on

Thanks Lee ❀️❀️❀️❀️

• posted by Hello 66
    on

Hello to everyone , not much to report today really , I had a good hour walk , have felt quite hungry , but have managed to keep busy & stay in control !
    Walking is my only exercise now , which I do enjoy when it’s not raining and windy , I’m with you and your dogs Mary , but do walking dvd’s indoors when bad weather persists .
    I used to go to a stretch and strength exercise group, but slowly and surely I made excuses , &’ quietly dropped out .
    I’ve been keeping a food & drink diary since I joined you all , which I haven’t found too successful in the past , think it was easier to bury my head in the sand & not face the reality of seeing my over indulgences staring back at me off the pages !

Good advice you gave Kitty & FFBB Mary , I do hope you feel better today FFBB , give yourself a pat on the back for having got through 31 days so far , that in itself is an achievement as far as I’m concerned .
    As you said one day at a time .

Will love and leave you all for now , love to all ,
    H66 xxx

on

Day 32 in the BSD house.

Focusing on the non scale victories today.

Had my hair cut and noticed that I fitted in the chair more comfortably than last time (I am a stone lighter since my last haircut) and I have also noticed that as I am losing weight I am holding myself differently, more upright and my gait has changed, I appear to be swinging my hips more when I walk.

Still keeping on keeping on. One day at a time. Hunger pangs are still an issue but they are coming in waves again and they are manageable.

I have started reminding myself that in other parts of the world, and indeed this country, there are people who can go days, if not weeks without eating anything and as it stands I am getting the nutrition I require and eating well so I shouldn’t really bitch about the BSD and being a bit peckish.

It’s all about perspective so I am going to focus on spinning things positively.
    I realised whilst walking home in a torrential downpour I have still had in the back of my head “I can’t have X, Y or Z” which gives me an air/feeling of suffering food deprivation when what I should be thinking is “I CAN have eggs, cheese, butter, salad, vegetables and fish/lean meat. I can get used to 85% dark chocolate, rather than Cadbury’s Wispa or Lindt balls”.

Of course this may change, I am nothing if not fickle, but I am going to try.

FFBB X

on

See FFBB, there are victories everywhere. Hope hair looks gorgeous!

I’ve struggled a bit today. Everyone at work said I looked really tired and unwell, so I expect my electrolyte levels have dropped again. I also fear I have a cold brewing and boy do I want to feed that cold! Just had some dried apricots as an emergency measure but I want to eat! I’m also on call for the next three nights and can feel it in my waters that the phone will go! Still, that’s what coffee is for I guess 🀣

At 850 for the day but way over carb levels. Eeek!

Off to bed now before the inevitable pre dawn call in. Thanks to FFBB, I suspect I shall dream of wispa bars….

L 😘

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

FFBB…well done for looking at the good things in life. We are so busy we forget the little things.

LeeLee…so sorry you are not well. I hope you recover soon.

Love to all,
    Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by Kitty Malne
    on

Good morning😎😎😎
    So ….didn’t check in yesterday but had good day😊
    Yes Nonna Mary you’re spot on with the advice about needing to enjoy the exercise you choose. My favourites are walking,cycling and swimming. If its dry early evening I may go for a bike ride.
    So the weekend approaches…I’ve stuck to my plan all week and have no intention of sabotaging myself.
    I usually join hubby at the pub on a Friday but this week I’m not going. Instead I’ll be at home preparing a lovely dinner. I’ve invited a friend round to eat and a few cheeky beers…so for once in my life I’ll be on the waterπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Wish me luck!!! I’m planning to do a big meal prep on saturday, and on Sunday ,weather permitting, a walk with hubby or a bike ride with my neighbour.
    How’s everyone else going to spend their weekends?
    Love Kitty 🐱

on

Sorry for the Wispa dreams LeeLee. Hope your cold buggers off. The hair does look good, I have a textured crop so it is short yet feminine.

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

FFBB…you sound gor-jus!

Kitty, well done on your plans. It will work.

Love
    Nonna Mary
    xxx

on

Day 33 in the BSD house.

Ate a Wispa bar, enjoyed it and don’t regret it.

Still on track for a daily average of less than 1000 calories…so πŸ‘

Weigh day for me tomorrow, hopefully I will have shifted a couple lbs.

FFBB X

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Hey FFBB, glad you enjoyed your Wispa. At least it’s not as damaging as a bottle (or two) of wine would be. I am sure you will be surprised tomorrow.

Love Nonna Mary
    xxx

on

Hi all!

Hope you are well. You are all doing so amazingly well. I’m not ill but thanks for all your good wishes! The cold still brewing but that’s inevitable working in a hospital…

My stomach has been gurgling like it’s hungry for days! My friend calls it chatty 🀣 I liken it to the Venus fly trap in little shop of horrors. It’s saying feed me! So I was interviewing this morning and I had tried to mitigate by having breakfast (I normally fast til lunch as that works best for me) of course I ask a question and while waiting for the candidate to answer my stomach starts “chatting” away 😱 Poor interviewee!

FFBB, glad you enjoyed the wispa. It’s important to make conscious decisions and own them. I too am making one tonight. I’m having a ham and cheese toastie (low carb bread) and I’m not going to regret a single mouthful…😊

Mid week weigh in today and I’ve lost 1lb. So that’s 7lbs left to my goal and 6 weeks to do it (before Galway) I know it’s going to be slow at this stage. I will have to work for every gram now….

L 😘

• posted by Canadaliz
    on

Hey Gang,
    My feet haven’t touched the ground for the past week and I’ve missed you all and think of you often. This year has been total shit since January and I am one of those people that, when stressed, it goes right to my guts. Stress was more manageable when I could drink but now I am committed to staying dry it isn’t easy and the panic attacks are in full swing. Now, I’ve convinced myself I have cancer of the everything as I am pooping bloody mucus stuff, okay, not pooping it as such but when I wipe, and have a permanently upset stomach. Has anyone else had that? I Barf 3/7 mornings just from stress and I just think my guts are roughed up from all the stress. The doctor has booked me for a colonoscopy on the 23rd August. She wanted me in this week but I just have too much on my plate. My sons are flying in with their girlfriends on Monday, the house is still a disaster with all of the furniture that came up from our home in Florida, we are hosting a party for 40 at our island cottage so all of the food has to be prepared for that, the painters are in tomorrow and the list goes on and on.
    On a brighter note, I have now completed my 8 weeks and lost a total of 22.8lbs. I have read through loads of other posters and am going to continue for another 8 weeks but allow myself 1000/day and see how my blood sugar/weight goes. I just want to feel well and I sure don’t right now. No energy and lots of anxiety. Truthfully I don’t know how I have stayed off the booze. In two weeks life should settle down, I’ll get the medical tests done and see what’s going on and hopefully it is just stress.
    will keep you posted on progress.
    Much love, Lizzy Stress Guts

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Dear Lizzie,

You are really going through it at the moment and more POWER to you for not going to easy way and drinking. Just to let you know, I had a colonoscopy last year for exactly the same thing. Slimy wipes and constant shits….I was diagnosed with…diverticular pockets (diverticulitis is when its inflamed), Microscopic Colitis, and …you guessed it…irritable bowel syndrome…the treatment was a course of steroids for 3 months. The steroids cleared my Psoriasis (90% on my face), so I felt better about myself….stomach problems eased. Doctors hailed this as a result….as soon as steroids stopped…Psoriasis back (worse than ever) and constant shits and occcasional slimy wipes. I hope this makes you feel a little less worried. I know people with Bowel Cancer and they were unaware until they had tests, so it is unlikely you have that. I have to say you sound stressed to HELL. I don’t know if I could cope. The only advice I can give is delegate as much as you can. You don’t have to be the one to do everything.

Bloody well done on your loss. Also that you feel you can do another 8 weeks. If you read the other threads there are people who are finding it tough to do a week and you have done EIGHT! You are hard on yourself.

Enjoy the party and relax the calorie counting for a few days. We love you and support everything you do. Take care.

Lots of love
    Nonna Mary,

ps. Jovis sends you a big hug…and his hugs are bloody good!

• posted by Canadaliz
    on

Hey Nona Mary, Thanks you for your love. I’m sitting here right now with indigestion so bad it feels like a heart attack. Just gobbled 2 pepto bismol tablets and took Zantac this afternoon. I just can’t get my guts to settle. so frustrating. One more question–was your bum stuff ever bright red and bloody? Just one wipe. It’s not like I’m bleeding to death. Just scared.
    Could you maybe go on a really low dose of Prednisone like maybe 2.5/day to control your psoriasis? My girlfriend is on that and it works a treat. She was a mess with her psoriasis. The trick was to find the lowest possible dose that would work. She had it between her legs which made it painful to walk when having a flare up. She is fab now!
    As for me–I am hard on myself. I set expectations and if I don’t meet them I am crushed. Kev says “so what if the house isn’t perfect” but somehow I can’t change my thoughts. Wish the panic attacks would fuck off. They make life hard.
    Love, Liz

Please log in or register to post a reply.