New life choice for determined alcoholic

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Good Luck FFBB.

Please forgive me girls…..but can I gloat for just one post. I went to the pub on my way back from my lovely daughter and her ******* husband and I had a …..LEMONADE…..then I went home. I am feeling very righteous. Okay, gloat over.

About to have, Steak, onion and Mushrooms, with Broccoli, sprouts, courgettes and cabbage, in a cheese sauce. All cooked by Jovis…who says you can’t have it all.

By for now.
    Saintly Nonna Mary
    xxxx

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

removed post

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

How the hell do you remove a post?

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Apparently you delete everything and just put removed post lol

• posted by Leeleecheechee
    on

Mary, I think you need to lend me Jovis. That dinner sounds lush and just what I fancy!!!

So, had my ultrasound today and though she’s not the reporter, the technician saw my NHS badge so was fairly forthcoming with what she saw… which was absolutely nothing!

A little bit of gravel in the gallbladder but it’s not inflamed, so nowt to worry about. Even my liver doesn’t look pickled (which is surprising!) However, it does mean still no answer on my electrolyte issue. Arrgghh!!

L xx

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Oh Lee, I wish you had an answer. But no news is good news. I had my gallbladder removed when I was 30. It was the first of many scars that criss-cross my stomach. So even though I was only 10 stone, I couldn’t wear a bikini. I think it was the beginning of my self esteem issues, though people who meet me don’t know I have any!
    If I could make money out of lending Jovis out, I probably wouldn’t lol…it has taken me years to train him lol. Dinner was indeed lush, and my calories today come in at 796. So result all round.

Love
    Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by OiMadam
    on

Hello all. Wonderful to catch up on all of your successes and stickability moments when facing, and overcoming, temptation. What a strong bunch of deserving individuals you all are. In fact, there is so much positivity on this thread and you are such a supportive bunch, that when I am faced with temptation (still have desperate carb cravings over last few days despite successful first two weeks) I think of all of you spurring each other on and jump on your positivity wave. So thank you all for that (big virtual hugs and smiles all round).
    On reflection, my feelings of hunger were down to not drinking enough water so I have upped my intake again (even though it means multiple trips to the loo!)
    Have a good week everyone; to those who show themselves and those who visit unspoken.
    M xxx

• posted by Elly
    on

Hi, I just read through these wonderful, inspirational posts and they have really motivated me. I am female, age 55, weigh 90kg. Until 12 years ago I was fit and healthy – gym junkie, runner, no junk food. Then I discovered alcohol! It started off a drink here and there then a bottle and for the past few years it’s two bottles most nights. I’ve gained 24kg, stopped exercising and am on medication for high blood pressure and elevated cholesterol. I”m determined to commit to the BSD for 8 weeks. I want my life back!

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Welcome Elly,
    You have come to the right place. Our wonderful founder Liz will give you a vritual kick up bum if you need it and everyone offers support. We are all fighting the same battles…weight, booze, chocolate…you name it.
    Making the decision is the best thing you can do. Just lean on us if you need support.

Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by fattyfattyboomboooms
    on

Day 26 in the BSD house.

Another day done and dusted. Still not had a reduction in appetite, but it is back to coming and going in waves.

Weigh-in day tomorrow……eek!

FFBB X

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Oh FFBB, so sorry you are still hungry….I am sure you are drinking plenty of water etc…how about eating raw carrot? It worked for me years ago….by the time you have eaten it you have forgotten to be hungry! Good luck tomorrow!

Nonna Mary
    xxxx

on

Welcome Elly.
    We are all quite, quite mad but we are getting it done, step by step!

Midweek weigh in shows a 2lb gain for me 😱
    I know these last 7lbs will be hard and I have been a bit too “relaxed” with my food and not strictly keeping to plan, so time to re-engage. I know what needs to be done!

Great week at work though. I have felt better. My electrolytes have been stable and my back pain has been manageable. So I feel I have regained ground! My lead consultant has a wee bit of a crush on me ( so my team tell me 🀣) so I used that to my advantage to get more staff. When I started the unit 10 years ago there was just me and one other and now we are 20!! I’m very proud of that. No harm in utilising being flavour of the month 😈

Your naughtily

Lee xx

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Well done on the job Lee, you are obviously a force to be reckoned with. Glad the electrolytes are stable and your back is manageable….these are all positives!
    Keep on taking care.

Nonna Mary
    xxxx

• posted by Canadaliz
    on

Hi Ely! Welcome! We’re mostly all complete nutters but we support a no holds barred here. You can bare your soul, you can have a laugh–we’re here to listen, support and comfort when you need. Where in the world are you? I’m in Canada, and we’ve UK, Australia even bloody Tasmania represented here!!!!
    St. Mary–holy shit girl! Lemonade!! Well done you!!
    Lee,, well, it’s a step forward anyway. I know it’s frustrating but you’ll get sorted out.
    I realize I have a reputation for being motivational and having solid commitment to the diet protocol but today Kev and I were able to get Mum out to a local restaurant for lunch and I fell face first off the diet. The waitress came and I had every intention of ordering the large Chef’s salad with vinaigrette on the side but somehow my mouth said I’ll have the steak and ale pie and chips. fuck. But hey, Mum and Kev had a glass of red wine each and I just sat with my sparkling water giving them stink eye. But by Christ that pie was good. πŸ™‚
    Dinner tonight will be a few shrimp on a bed of greens. I’m afraid to weigh in tomorrow but hey, nobody’s perfect.
    Much love, Lardass Liz

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Hey Lardass Liz,

Steak and Ale Pie is amazing. It is well worth falling off the diet for, and if you enjoyed it, so much the better.
    Take care.

Nonna Mary
    xxxx

on

Liz, if a steak and ale pie is your only vice, then you deserve it. This is a way of life and so we have to live too!

Good that mum was well enough for lunch. It must’ve been a relief for you and rightly celebrated… 😘

• posted by EC
    on

Also a welcome from me Elly…my story is a little similar…slim and fit until early 40s (even after 5 kids!) …I don’t drink that much, but when I do, my resolve not to overeat disappears…..yesterday I had a meeting with a 70 something yo priest (I’m working on a community project with him…not going back to my childhood Catholicism!)…..and he commented on my weight loss and how well I was looking!!….complements gratefully received from all!!

Liz…I love that you always mention Tasmania as distinct from the rest of Australia…it is quite a big little Island and we all do feel different way down here…maybe we should just defect!!

Speaking of origins…have come across this great Canadian (from Alberta,) singer/songwriter in my programming work
    Now while I’m aware that most of us are blessed with wonderful and supportive OHs…but for those days we feel like snarling at them, or for those of you who struggle with support….here’s a gem for you all!
    xxxx
    Erin
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1evEG_L9-zo

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Erin, I love this song. We should make it our anthem! Fellas Get out the Way! I played it to my lovely Jovis (who is the biggest feminist I have ever met), who thought it was hilarious but so true. Jovis always says if women had been educated and given equal rights, Cancer would be cured and the world would be at peace, with just a few skirmishes every 28 days lol.

Hope the renos are going well.

Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by EC
    on

haha Mary…. love Jovis’ 28 days!….I’d suggest letting post menopausal women run the world…then no issue!! (and the younger ones can work 3 weeks out of 4!) yes, my Michael is also thankfully a staunch feminist (good thing with 5 sons!!)

yes, Scott’s a great songwriter and I look forward to having him at our festival next year…on a more serious, but beautiful vein, check out his “Pass it Along” song (link at end of this post)

Renos are going as they do….we have a very creative and inventive plumber who will do our underfloor heating next week who (as he does) has currently gone underground….not called “the reluctant plumber” for no reason….holding out hope that he’ll return to the fold in good time!!
    slept in this am as no plasterers at 7.30!!
    Feel for you doing bathroom renos….flannel or bucket washes are no substitute for a decent shower unless you’re camping!

Grateful I pre-prepared for the week as meals have been relatively seamless (though a little over soup x 5 ways!!)

Crazy work week with endless meetings and a last minute funding application that the website said was due tonight….found out just before 4pm that I have another 10 days!!!!…good news, but could have done without the stress!!

IT’S THE WEEKEND!!!!!

here’s the next …Careful…I could bore the socks off you all with great music!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R0W_QbGHr8

on

Day 27 in the BSD house.

Hunger wasn’t too bad today, I did get peckish but I necked 500 ml of water and waited it out.

I have just rediscovered my liking for pickled onions and pickled beetroot, which might help with snack attacks.

Kept to WOE, didn’t give in to temptation.

HAVEN’T LOST ANY WEIGHT THIS WEEK………BUT I HAVEN’T GAINED EITHER.

FFBB X

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Hey FFBB, staying the same is the norm for me. I love pickles especially beetroot, but you know what happens when you eat too much lol
    Keep the faith.

Nonna Mary xxx

on

I am keeping the faith Mary. Morrison’s do the nicest pickled silver skin onions, Lidl sell the worst.

It was Liz’s mention of sauerkraut that made me think and they are better than pickled onion monster munch and there is no way I can, or would want to, binge on either of my pickled products.

FFBB X

on

Morning all.

Ummmm forget battling with the carb, booze or sugar demons. I think I may have to do battle with my bank manager…

I took your advice and decided to purchase some new work clothes. I’ve found that expensive tailoring is what I need to suit my shape. So I ordered 4 dresses with a view to keeping 1 or max 2. But they all looked amazing and to be able to fit into a size 14 in Boden and Hobbs overwhelmed me and I appear to have cut off the tags on each and every one….πŸ˜±πŸ‘—πŸ‘—πŸ‘—πŸ‘ 

L xx

• posted by Theodora
    on

Haha LLCC – been there, done that😜 That secret label cutting goblin frequently visits this house too since I lost weight. It is SUCH a good feeling when all these lovely clothes look good on our svelte new figures. Used to hate shopping for new clothes, now I have bought far more than I could ever need, but have justified buying them (to myself, not my bank manager😜) by working out how much I have saved on alcohol in the past 6 months😊

Enjoy looking and feeling good in your new size 14s.

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Oh Lee, how lovely! I can’t wait to wear lovely clothes again. I usually slob around in T shirts and leggings. As Theodora says, you have saved on the booze so why not indulge in a different way? Just enjoy.

Love,

Nonna Mary xxx

on

Day 28 in the BSD.

Not much to report, I am still on track for a daily average of under 900 calories, which is absolutely fine by me. I know it is supposed to be 800 calories daily average but I doubt it will make much difference in the big scheme of things. I am consciously eating and drinking so I am more aware….basically, no distractions whilst eating.

Got woken up by heavy rain at 6 am so I feel tired and angst-y but I will have a hot shower and read in bed to relax.

FFBB X

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

FFBB, the rain was vile in my area too, actually kept me awake despite Sinus headache. Well done on keeping within your chosen limits. I think this way of life, gets easier the longer you do it. Having said that, I also believe that every so often we deserve to have something we really like. Like Liz’s Steak and Ale pie. I am going over 1000 calories today and I know it. In the week, I struggled one day to get as much as 500…like you I think it evens out in the big scheme.

Hope you feel better soon (tired and angsty) I hate feeling like that.

Lots of love,
    Nonna Mary
    xxx

on

Day 29 in the BSD house.

I was so tempted to buy alcohol after work…but I didn’t.

I feel better than I did yesterday, the book and shower relaxed me last night.

Gonna follow suit tonight as well because work was really annoying and I am a bit wound up.

Still struggling with my appetite and wish I could experience the energy highs that others on this WOE experience but at least my overall mood is level (no emotional highs or lows……normally).

FFBB X

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

It looks like we are the only two on here at the moment FFBB. Well done for resisting temptation. I know what you mean, I don’t have loads of energy etc. Perhaps it will come later.

Sending you hugs

Nonna Mary
    xxxx

on

Hello all!

So, after my small gain I’m refocusing. Have spent much of today planning my menus for the week but with the best will in the world I appear to be hitting 850 cals. Hopefully that will be enough! Typically I shall be “starting” again on Monday morning but have been sticking to principles over this weekend.

Back has seemed better this weekend. Weirdly I wore high heels all day at work on Friday and it seemed to help. Sadly it meant I was fit enough to hoover and clean the bathroom and toilet today. Such a rock and roll weekend!!

Now, had the new hovis low carb bread yesterday in a cheese toasty and it was bliss! It comes in at 85 cals per slice and 9g of carbs. It’s quite a small loaf which helps and I think I will have it weekly. I’ve missed my poached egg on toast, which I will be having tonight with a smile on my face!

Well done FFBB for resisting the post work tipple. That’s always been a trigger for me when I’ve had a stressful day. It still whistles sometimes but so far I have been able to power through…

Hunger pangs got the better of me last night though and I had a granola bar. I really appreciated it and have no regrets but hoping work will help me power through the hunger. It took me 3 weeks last time to get rid of them, so I’m not looking forward to August!

Have a good week all xx

on

I do hope so Mary, everyone else seems to thrive on this diet. All I can say is I cope with it and I can manage it.

Thank Lee, I too am on about 850 cals per day. Hope you enjoy the poached egg.

FFBB X

on

Ended up with a protein bar and a coffee.

My dad (recently diagnosed with heart failure) wanted a chat. He then gave me my mothers engagement and wedding rings (she died when I was 15)

Didn’t feel like cooking 🍳 after that. Lazy I know but still only puts me at 852 for the day.

Strange day xx

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Aww Lee,
    How lovely of your dad. 852 is good I think. Glad your back is a little better, perhaps wearing the heels made you more aware of your posture? I wore 1 and half in heels the other day and crippled myself. Definitely need to lose weight before I try that again!
    Keep on keeping on.

Love
    Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by Kitty Malne
    on

Hi everyone, I’ve been reading through this thread and to be honest most of the alcohol related ones could have been written by meπŸ™
    I’m 52, 5′ nothing, and drink everyday. I’m going through the menopause and I’m suffering with hot flushes, lethargy etc.
    My dad is T2 and has had a leg amputation . He has dialysis 3 times a week and it’s sadly looking very likely he will lose his other leg shortly.
    So early it’s a no brainer…quit the booze and carbs and shift the belly!!! BUT I’ve tried and failed so many times, this really has to be my last shot. Any advice for me?

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Hiya Kitty,
    You have to be honest with yourself. Our Liz would say, what has alcohol ever done for you? All it has done for me is make me fat, I don’t really get hangovers, but I feel crappy, get depressed, need more food, eat while drinking etc. So I know it has done me no favours. If you are able to restrict your intake, then do that. Or just take one day at a time. I told myself I could have a drink on Saturday…I never thought I would make it from Tuesday! I got to Saturday and thought, I will have one on Tuesday, still didn’t. I am not going to say I feel totally changed and wonderful…but I do feel better and really really proud of myself.
    If you feel like a drink, paint your nails, or have a shower, or if you like it, knit or sew. I sew and it relaxes me. Although if you heard my language when I go wrong you wouldn’t think it.
    I am sorry you are going through the menopause, it’s shitty. You could try HRT? I am sorry your dad has problems too, be careful not to use that as an excuse.
    This is not your last shot either. You are only 52…that is really young! Give it a go and we will support you. If you fall down, we will pick you up again. You are not on your own. We have all been there.
    We all drink tea (virtually of course) with our Liz in Toronto, and we give the best hugs too!
    Lecture over,
    Take care,

Nonna Mary xxx

• posted by Kitty Malne
    on

Thanks Nonna Mary,
    Getting the support from people who know what it’s like will help so much.
    I’ve drank far too much for far too long, and I love tea so maybe this time …. fingers crossed xxx

on

Hi Kitty

Another brace post inspired by our guru Liz I’m sure….

We all have addictions of some kind on here. For a while before I started this, I wanted a drink every day but never at weekends or on holiday, so it would seem that work was my trigger. Giving it up was the best thing I ever did. I genuinely haven’t missed it, nowhere near as much as bread anyhow!

You have a very good reason to cut down. It may even make those menopause symptoms easier to bear. When I stopped, I slept so much better and that made my very stressful job much easier to cope with. It’s been a win win for me. My dad is poorly too but I used it as motivation to get as healthy as I could in order to be of some use to him.

You will find everyone on here totally non judgmental and sooo supportive. We will hold your hand as ours have been held.

Give it a go, you may just find a new you at the end of the path….

L xxx

• posted by Kitty Malne
    on

Hi L and Nonna Mary
    thank you so much, my motivation is growing stronger by the minute ! How long have you both been following BSD? How much have you lost? Have you both quit the booze or cut down drastically?
    Kitty 🐱

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Kitty, I used to drink one to two bottles of wine a night….now nothing. I read the inspirational posts by Liz and knew I could do it. I have to say I am still amazed. I know I cannot say no to more than one, so it is better for me to abstain completely.
    This Tuesday will be the beginning of my 5th week. I was 18st 4 pounds when I started and lost 6 pounds in the first week. Then stalled. I have a few health conditions that hinder my progress but I am confident I will have lost some this week.
    I have to try not to measure my success by others. Some people will lose loads and others very little. I walk my own path and when I am down, my fellow BSDers lift me.
    You can do this. Good luck.

Nonna Mary
    xxx

on

Hi kitty 🐱

I started on 22nd May at 167 pounds (11stone 9) and ended the first 8 weeks at 145lbs (10 stone 3) I’m now in a normal weight range for my height and that’s a game changer for me. And my wardrobe πŸ‘—πŸ‘ 

I drank once during that time during a trip back to Galway to see family at the start of this month and found that I really didn’t enjoy it or the way it upset my stomach the next day. I won’t say that I will never drink again but if I do it’s likely to be on an Ireland trip. We are quite a drinking family….

I feel so much better living this way, I can’t ever imagine going back to the way I was.

L xxx

• posted by Kitty Malne
    on

Nonna Mary, wise words indeed xxx I’m all geared up to start tomorrow, thanks xxx

• posted by Kitty Malne
    on

L, it sounds like you’ve got it Sussed xxx you’ve done really well
    I’m really looking forward to starting this.
    kitty xxx

• posted by EC
    on

happy Monday everyone!…and welcome Kitty! as Lee and Mary say…this is a great, supportive group and keeping us accountable

Well a pretty dismal weekend to report on BSD…..Saturday night I bought corn chips for the boys…and ate a whole bowlful!!
    then yesterday couldn’t resist the sourdough baguettes….would have still been OK if I didn’t then resort to the wine last night as well

confessional over and back on track today though a little hungrier post poor weekend choices

RE weight, I’ve been treading water (I think, as the scales are now buried somewhere in the loungeroom along with the whole contents of our kitchen and dining room) due to slip ups, but don’t think I’ve regained any of the original 5kg loss, so lucky considering!

Went for a good 1.5 hour walk this am (Liz, if you’re still up for reading this, I always think of you striding out with your walking poles!)
    Walk was an attempt to regain a little sanity as the renos are driving me more than a little batty (I keep reminding myself that it’s a first world problem!)

wishing you all a great week and for those of you that can access the scales :)…good losses!

• posted by Kitty Malne
    on

Good morning!
    I’m just getting up and have decided to go for a walk round the village. I think it’s maybe a couple of miles so that’s a good start! I will plan my meals later on and go shopping . Have a good day everyone
    Love Kitty 🐱

• posted by crabbycams
    on

Hi Kitty. FFBB, Leelee and all the jolly warriors in this forum.

My addition is to carbs, specifically bread. For various reasons life has got quite frantic and I was down to the final couple of slices of my home made sourdough bread. I was unable to make a new loaf (one of those various reasons) and once the slices were gone I became very anxious that I had no bread! I’m proud of myself for not buying bread since I learned to make my own last October, but it wasn’t that that made me anxious. It was being without my carb comfort food; my go to thing.

Who’d a thunk that bread would have such an effect! Thinking about it I wondered if it was also linked with it being the ‘staff of life’.

Whatever, at least I can limit how much I have I a day. And will now start trying to go one day a week without, increase to two etc.

On other matters, my shoulders have lost weight! My man size polo shirts now look too big on my shoulders.

Forgot to weigh myself this morning, will do so tomorrow.

Onwards and downwards my fellow travellers.

• posted by Kitty Malne
    on

Hi everyone,
    Just got back from my walk, it took an hour and I look like I’ve just completed a marathon!
    I used to walk a lot but this is the 1 st time I’ve walked being this over weight( approx 4 stone overweight)
    Oh my goodness I’m in pain!,
    My addictions are definitely alcohol and carbs. So with BSD it’s going to be like going cold turkey 😎Also in an attempt to reduce hot flushes I’m cutting out caffeine…. I’m either brave or stupid!!
    Onwards and upwards… I hope you’ all have a good day 🐱

• posted by Madmare
    on

Hi lovely ladies
    Welcome Kitty
    This is a great group and glad you have joined us
    I an in Tuscany and its absolute heaven.
    Had a bad few weeks mum in and out of hospital after falling over cutting her head etc etc.
    Until the very last minute i was not sure that i was going to get here.
    The diet went out of the window. The bad news is that the goal of a nine pound weight loss for my holiday didn’t happen. The good news is that Mum is on the mend and I have not put any weight on!
    Being in the land of pasta, bruschetta and prosecco is going to be a challenge. Pasta and bruschetta I can manage but the prosecco will be or more accurately is more challenging.
    The good thing is I share a bottle with our friends and then play cards with the godchildren. They are ensuring I work off excess calories in the pool.
    Let you know how I got on!

Hope the week goes well for you

Ciao babies.
    Blissfully yours
    Mad mare

on

Hi Kitty, and welcome.

As Mary has said try not to compare your weight loss to everybody else (easier said than done). I started at 259 lbs on 24th June and have lost 13 lbs so far. I have said in other posts how much I was drinking and I knew I was on a very slippery slope and alongside the alcohol I would have a 150 g bag of crisps with a 200 g pot of soured cream and chive dip on the side! (an extra 2500 – 3000 calories approx!). With regards to the booze, I have fallen off the wagon and then got back on but whilst off the wagon I did not have any crisps!.

The main advice I can give you is do not use a blip as a “fuck it” moment. When I fell off the wagon I was conscious of it, I enjoyed every bloody second and when the pizzas arrived I left. Sometimes life gets in our way. Do as Mary did with regards to giving yourself permission to drink another day (i.e “Tomorrow I can have a drink” then repeat) Have you read the book? I have taken to reading it once a week. Try not to give up too much. I would concentrate on the booze first and getting to grips with the 800 calories daily average (I am happy if my daily average is less than 1000 calories) Drink plenty of water and I mean PLENTY. Have you joined a website for tracking your calories/macros? Have you bought a food scale? (salter digital scales are essential for me) I am not menopausal but my PMT has improved vastly on this WOE (way of eating) and my sleep is better than it has been in years. When I wake in the night I fall straight back to sleep.

Use this website and this thread to report/record/moan/ask questions/offer advice. Mary and I seem to be the only daily posters on this thread. I use it hold myself accountable.

********************************************************************************************************************************

@madmare Hope you are enjoying your holiday.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

@crabbycams I never buy or eat bread I haven’t made myself but I no longer make it myself as one slice of toast with butter and my mum’s homemade jam leads to another and another.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

@ec As I live alone I have only myself to shop for…….I used to do it mindlessly on auto pilot and come home with crisps and dip, now I do what Dr. Mosley says in his book and really look at the ingredients and nutritional value. If I lived with other people I would have to have the junk food locked away and not have the key. How long have the renos been going on for?

FFBB X

on

Day 30 in the BSD house.

Just come back from having a late lunch out, did the best I could food wise but did have a couple glasses chardonnay. I don’t think I had more than a bottle but I wasn’t pouring. Each time I went to the loo my glass was topped up but in between glasses I did have a large glass of water.

If you drink slowly the tipsiness doesn’t turn into drunk without you knowing it.

I made sure I savoured every bite and every mouthful….though I think I ate too much as I have a tummy ache!

I will wait to see if this effects my weight loss this week, I had alcohol on Friday the 14th and didn’t lose any weight in the next 7 days.

FFBB X

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

FFBB, I am glad you enjoyed your late lunch, it is difficult to deny yourself all the time.

I am having a bad day….not because I want to drink, or eat, but because I tried a dress on in Marks and Spencers and I looked absolutely HUGE! I know and have known for a long time that I am fat, but honestly it came as such a shock! I have been bigger, (at one time at least 20 stone). I really didn’t recognise myself. Ridiculous I know!
    If it wasn’t for the weigh in tomorrow morning, I think I would probably derail myself and go out! It is my wedding anniversary on Saturday and I think we will be going to our favourite Italian restaurant, which means fattening food and Prosecco (although I might not have the wine). Anyway…moan over. I hope you do lose weight, we all work so hard at it, we deserve to.
    Love,
    Nonna Mary
    xxxx

Please log in or register to post a reply.