My eight weeks….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi cherri Anne
    Thank you so much for the diet whey info.
    I read the container but didn’t understand it.
    Carbs, no whey, ( joke there).
    Still learning.

Ready for another question.
    Mehta are the best crackers that I can have please?

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Lucia, 16,827 steps is amazing. Hard to believe you were a couch potato so recently!! Total respect!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Great idea to email everyone as well!
    Every little does help – so many people haven’t heard of this diet yet.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi cat girl,
    You best get saving as soon you will need a blouse or top to go with those jazzy trousers. Ready for the summer.

You will soon be stepping out in them.

It’s started to teem here at 1pm, just been for salad, eggs, mushrooms and chicken for us.
    Also loaf , beer and a small bag of chocolate buttons for Him.

Now settling down to have a duvet hour, watching the rain build my puddles big enough for me to attack.

NCIS is on, I love Gibbs, swoon, swoon.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi,
    I am sorry, I am not perfect, I have just done something really, really really bad……

I am feeling hungry, I don’t want to snack, must went to the oven and talked to the chicken to hurry up and be done.
    I nearly pressed my nose up against the door to see if is golden brown yet.

Yup, talking to chicken pieces, omg they will be bringing a straight jacket for me soon….. Ssshhhhhh, don’t tell anyone.

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Sorry,
    Thinking about food now,,,,,,,,
    I admire everyone who is a vegetarian.
    I was brought up on a farm so learnt from a very early age where my food comes from.
    I am thinking of reducing my meat amounts.
    Maybe because I have been talking to the chicken in the oven.
    I have had a go at stir fry tofu and found it okay.

I am hungry, sorry.

Just heard the ping.
    Love Lucia xxxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

If you didn’t succumb then you are perfect in my book x

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi Lucia – enjoy the chicken, but sit down, look at it, smell it, then eat very, very slowly enjoying to the full each mouthful. The temptation when you feel like that is to start eating ‘bits’ as it comes out the over, and never get away from standing at the oven door. One you finish the lot in a few minutes flat – guess what – you are still hungry and you can hardly remember what you ate!
    Hope tastes good

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi,

Lifted the tray out of the oven. Instead of eating it too hot, pulled my wellies on and emptied the puddles.
    Tried to catch the rain on my tongue.
    It is quite amusing to look up and into the bewildered eyes of my next door neighbour.
    I am a large mature woman, who does strange things in the rain. One way to bring the rates down!!!
    I have come in and am having a pint if water before my meal.

Love Lucia xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Hashimoto,
    A million thanks for your compliment but…..
    I am not perfect. I am human.
    I try and show on this website the good and especially the bad. Let me explain … if I said yes, 800 calories, no carbs exercise, blah. Blah. Blah, then what am I doing here.

But I have faults, I have been a coach potato, fat etc.
    I know the path I am on is not smooth concrete, it is made of cobble stones, I will stumble, or caught my toe, or wobble, but it is my path, I am waddling along, and I will get there, can’t give you a date and time, but know that I have come too far and gained too much to go back.

Yes, I am hungry, ready for my meal, yes I wanted a snack, We all do sometimes, so I work on one cobble at a time, one wobble at a time. Will eat in ten mins, and will enjoy it.

I hope others who hit this same cobble, will find an answer to get past it.

Please note, I do not say I have hit a wall, only caught my toe on a cobble. It’s easier to visualise and get past it.

If I had eaten a snack, I would have acknowledged it, and tried to find a way to fix it for next time.

This time, In having a drink, it eased my need to eat.

Come join me on the journey.

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Happy Easter everyone.
    Today I am going to avoid chocolate.
    Have been invited to two Easter egg hunts with the little ones.
    Wish me luck.

And, someone robbed an hour from my sleep last night. I have to go around altering all the clocks and watches. I am bound to miss one.

Happy happy, keep losing, keep going.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi lucia, you have shared being a couch potato before this diet and have very rapidly built up to 6000 steps and managed 16,827 steps in a single day. That is inspirational for others starting out on building up their steps.

You show it can be done by anyone with some motivation and determination.
    Your 16,827 steps was quickly followed by resisting temptation and sharing how.

Nobody is perfect – but you had a perfect moment or two in regards to that chicken!!!

The sun is shining and the woods and hills are beckoning me, are you coming lucia? We can admire the buds breaking, collect wild garlic and search among the leaf litter for shy wood anemones. The dog violets and celandines are already lighting the way in glorious colours ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Not perfect Lucia, nobody is, but you have become a shining light on the forums because of your attitude, perseverance, and brilliant sense of humour. I always look forward to your posts.
    Above all else, given how nervous you were at first you are having great success and there will be loads of people following your journey so your experiences, good and bad, are all going to help others.
    Long may it continue.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Judith and Lucia, how I’d love to come for a spring walk in the woods with you. I haven’t seen wild violets or wood anemones, cuckoo pint or lady smock for years. I even get nostalgic watching TV shows where they drive along a country road lined with cow parsley or rosebay willow herb.
    Today I took my children and dog to the beach to run off some of their chocolate induced hyperactivity. We stayed on to watch the sunset and saw the Mother and baby dolphin that my Mum and brother were swimming with last week. It was magical, watching the sun set and the dolphins play. We live in a world full of glorious things that we only see when we take the time to go out and find them. So glad you’re finding them Lucia, and thanks to both of you for sharing the joy around.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi my fellow Easter bunnies,

I wa embarrassed to think others felt me to be perfect when I am not.
    But
    If you will all allow me to, let me take all your compliments , in good grace, let them be my smile just for today.
    May I take all your compliments and keep them in my heart, so when not if I stumble on my path, I can use them as encouragement to get up of my fat bum, dust myself off and waddle on.

May I give each and everyone of you the biggest mental hug I can send down these wires through the ether and down your wires and through your computer/phone/tablet/I pad screens to you.

Thank you for walking with me this far.

Shall we all do something a little crazy, shall we walk a bit further?

Let’s,,,,,,,,,,,
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi cherrie Anne,

I wish we are all with you for an hours stroll, along your beach, and to see the beauty to have seen. A family of dolphins , what fun.
    Right now the rain is lashing against my lounge Windows, it is so windy too.
    Am I allowed a little jealousy? No, I would only be sunning myself on a lounger. This cold weather makes me move more.

I have been out and cleaned the garage out. Found all sorts of things out there. So in the gap in the rain , I have planted bulbs I found.

Just building up to sort out the dining room cupboards.

Bit by bit.
    Inch by inch.

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Hashimoto,
    A walk in the woods and to enjoy with you the beauty of nature you have seen. The snapping of the twigs under for, the rustle of the leaves, the smell of Spring in the air. Sigh……..
    Okay, I shall and you shall share my puddles, that are happily filling up again.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Bill 1954.

Thank you for your honesty.

If the weather stays like this, want a snowball fight later?

Now on to more important business,

Ryvita. Unsure of the carbs in them, I feel they should be okay to eat with a bit of salt and tuna on top. I fancy something with a bit of crunch. (I have run out of celery)
    Can anyone help me please (again , I know I ask so much of you all)

I wonder if there is an emoji for eater chicks, hang on, I will take a look
    ๐Ÿค๐Ÿค๐Ÿค๐Ÿค๐Ÿค๐Ÿค๐Ÿค๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿค๐Ÿค๐Ÿค๐Ÿค๐Ÿค๐Ÿค๐Ÿค๐Ÿค๐Ÿค๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿค๐Ÿค
    Yup, I found some.

Keep going, keep losing, keep moving one step at a time. Wait for me though, I am only a little bit behind you.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Oh and.
    I tried my jeans on again this morning in case it was a fluke that i could get into them yesterday.
    Yup, they still go on and fastened up. Phew. ( if they hadn’t I would have told you it might be wind โ˜บ๏ธโ˜บ๏ธโ˜บ๏ธโ˜บ๏ธ)

Now I am aiming for the next size trousers down.
    I fancy those trousers that fly at half mast… Pedal pushers or Capri pants. I may go from my usual black/dark burgundy to something crazy like…… Navy… No, no, wait…. How about khaki. Sorry but that is as loud as I can go at this stage.
    Size 12 could be, no, I dare not say it out loud….. Okay, I will whisper only to you, sssshhhhhhh. Stone… Have I gone too far? Yup, I have gone giddy.

Food.
    Didn’t want breakfast, I had at lunchtime, three ton of mushrooms with a knob of butter, dry fried egg, grilled bacon.

Evening meal, I am thinking cauliflower cheese, ….. Yes, I know I need to watch my calories…. Don’t fuss, I have my scales in the kitchen, using them all the time.

Funny you should ask about the bathroom scales, they are sulking upstairs. They know they did me a great wrong, frightening me, the way they did. I growl at them each time I go past them.
    I am only pleasant to them when I weigh myself, see, I am a fine weather friend.
    After admitting that, I bet they get their own back, I will have put on six or seven stones. You watch, they are slow but sure on cold revenge.

Just realised, I am taking about an appliance as if it were alive.
    Move along, nothing to see here, the crazy woman is going out puddle bashing now.
    Xxxxx
    Love Lucia

• posted by Lucia
    on

Oh
    And if you find my missing hour, please send it back to me , I miss it already.
    Xxx
    Love lucia

• posted by Lucia
    on

Danger alert, danger alert ( yes I know I sound like Robbie the robot from the 1960’s)

Chocolate in the house’,!!!!!!!!!!!!

Panic, panic,
    Breathe……in….. Out …. In….. Out.
    I can do this…….
    Hi, my name is Lucia and I am a chocolate addict.

I will stay out of the kitchen……
    Right, pull yourself together girl! Get a grip…..

In….. Out….. In….out……

Right, keep busy, where are those cupboards I need to clean out….

In….. Out…… In… Out………
    La la la la……. I can’t hear it call my name. La la….la…la…..

Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

In “………out……… In…….. Out……
    La. La. La. La. La.

I can’t hear you”……..

Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Someone’s nearly ate it all. Glad it wasn’t me.
    I think I handled that quite well, maturely, quiet, responsible, calm. I don’t think any of you noticed.

And I didn’t panic.

Phew.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Lucia…well done! I succumbed to 2 of those mini mini eggs (the size of your little finger nail) which are to decorate the cake my 13 year old has just made. Thought about having more and picked up my phone and have just read your posts. If you can do it, I can do this too and I have moved away from the smells of the stuff which will not help me to fit those smaller trousers. We are off to my mum’s house for a meal at 5-ish to accommodate men folk’s shifts. And I am taking a low carb egg and poached leek salad with caper vinaigrette while they all eat roast lamb and potatoes etc. It helps that my husband and friend are also doing this now. So I will have company… and the salad (pilfered the idea from the Sainsburys mag this month๐Ÿ˜Š) does look very good…

Thanks for giving me strength and encouragement to avoid the chocolate. (As well as a belly laugh or 10. Just love your posts๐Ÿ˜‚)

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Cherrianne I can feel the hot sun on my back and the cooling sea round my ankles when I read your post. Oh, how I would love to see that dolphin mother and child!!! and swim in the sea. Last time I actually swam in the sea was in the cold North Atlantic on the Ardnamurchan Peninsula (highlands of Scotland) with my friend. It was sort of warmish on the beach but the water!!! OMG I can’t describe how cold it was. We both came out absolutely lobster red! I swear it was 10 times colder than the plunge pools at saunas.
    I’m planning on some new cosies so I can swim in Perth.
    The cuckoo pint started emerging a couple of weeks ago, along with the garlic. I picked a bunch of wild garlic leaves, as I always do at this time of year…….they are glorious added to a risotto at the end of cooking. What? Risotto? I can’t eat that anymore. It’s amazing how we still have to remind ourselves when old habits spring to mind. I made some garlic butter instead and froze portions to remind me of my spring ramblings. Lovely on veg!!!

Lucia, parts of the woods have larch growing and the smell of the needles as you tread on them is divine. Like the air is scented with pine.

๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

You did it Lucia, hurray!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ x

• posted by Reideen
    on

Happy Easter to all, hope you had a lovely day. I must confess I fell of the wagon today and had a big dinner and lots of chocolate ๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’but starting back now again and have started to read all the very inspirational reads again on this forum, hopefully I can get my motivation back and stay on the bed. thank you for all your support.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi reindeen, happy easter to you too.

You WILL get your mojo back. In fact after a heavy meal today you will be glad to get back on the BSD wagon ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi gang,

Right, now where were we?
    Ah yes, now about us all being professional regarding our BS800 diet. Let us draw a line under the Easter egg incident.
    Now what were we saying, ah yes. Now tomorrow, I need to regroup. Yoghurt and fruit for breakfast.
    Tuna salad lunch,
    A big dollop of green leaf veg. ( dollop is a technical term) with maybe fish.

There I am back in the pattern,
    To all those who ate chocolate, I know, just regroup. I put my head in the dining room cupboards and stayed there until IT had gone. You must go out and buy cupboards to prevent another situation.
    To all those who didn’t eat chocolate… Smarty pants!
    Love Lucia xxxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi reindeen,
    Don’t worry, it is only for one hour you went….. Squiffy.
    The other 23 hours you were perfect.
    Regroup and set your menu for tomorrow.

Come for a walk with us all in Hashimoto’s woods. Smell the wild garlic?
    See it’s all behind you.
    Post a blog tomorrow to me and tell me you have done well with the day. Maybe do an extra 500 steps.

At least you didn’t have a screaming fit like I did earlier.

Keep going
    Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

You know I told you all I used to eat Chinese take away until it came out of my ears?

Well, guess what……
    In the recipes section, there is a fried rice dish.
    Will read it tomorrow and go food shopping. Mmmmmmmmmmm drooling already.

Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Reideen
    on

Hashminto and Lucia, thank you I am grateful for your advice and yes Lucia I have gone and walked for 40 min, hopefully by the end of eight weeks my dog and I will be the fittest on my block,. I am planning out my weekly menu so there will be no straying of it again. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by hashimoto
    on

I noticed that recipe for fried rice too. What a good idea!

I had friends round for dinner last night and made a few different curry dishes. My fridge and freezer are groaning with all the soups and stews I made during the last few days. Now I have LOTS of dahl as well. As soon as I have cleared some space I am making that fried rice.

Did you get a phenomenal hail storm? My lawn was white for ages xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi boog 23

Are you still there? My Wellington boots are full of water, walking to you. How are you getting on?
    You and I blogg d at the beginning of my journey.
    I hope you are still on the path and all is well.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Hashimoto
    It has been sunny, then as black as night and very heavy rain with wind lashing it against the Windows. No hail yet, but me and Bill 1954 are having a snow ball fight later, do you want to bring your toboggan over?

Mother Nature doesn’t know what to do today.
    It may calm down tomorrow.

I am going to walk up and down my stairs a few times, just to get the blubber moving again.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Great minds lucia I walk up and down stairs a lot in bad weather. Ive been known to drive to a supermarket to get lots of walking done indoors. Then just buy 1 item!
    Boog 23 posted in the american thread.

I love sledging – i think i’ll be still doing it at 90 lol. So yes I’ll come with you. No icy snowballs down the neck though! X

• posted by jpscloud
    on

We had hail! What a day.

My exercise during term time is to go up and down the staff staircase (three storeys) a few times at break and lunchtime – I noticed myself getting fitter really quickly – my (very unfit) starting point was basically total collapse at the top but after a week I noticed I could get to the top without having to stop, then the following week I could do two sets without having to stop, then three… now I can get to the top without being much out of breath too. Stairs are great!

I have a treadmill at home and got on it today for the first time in a while. In nice weather I’ll do some walking outside again too.

• posted by Patsy
    on

My husband jokingly said he was helping me by eating all the biscuits we had in the house. Actually that is a big help – especially as he’s said we’re not buying anything else I shouldn’t be eating until my 8 weeks is up (7 to go!) We do have rice and pasta which he has along with whatever I’m eating, but I can easily resist that.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi jps, killing those stairs!! Fantastic! You must be so proud! And welcome to the hail club!

Patsy so good of hubby to remove temptation lol ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi All,
    Patsy you have a very noble husband there! Pretty soon you will be able to have biscuits in the house without being tempted. It is one of my major achievements from doing the BSD, that I don’t eat biscuits anymore! This is coming from a person who’s family nickname was ‘the secret bikky nicker’ for my ability to get the lid off the biscuit tin without anyone hearing lol. No biscuit was safe, they’d be quivering in the tin!
    Judith it wasn’t warm enough for a swim yesterday by any means! Only about 17C, the sand was cold under our feet but the water was warm by comparison. Interesting lesson there for the kids in the differences in temperature loss/ gain between land mass & water. Any opportunity to learn outside of school lol!
    Lucia, you definitely do it with style, well done on resisting that chocolate. Your house must be shiny now with all that dusting and cupboard tidying! Nothing like tidy cupboards to make you feel virtuous is there? Don’t stay that way in my house for long though. I think my family are on a mission to keep me feeling virtuous, can’t think of any other reason why things would get messed up so frequently.
    Any way lunchtime over so off out to pull up some of those green things that since the autumn rain have been growing like…, well what are those things called that grow in other peoples gardens but not ever in one like mine? Hmmm, not much. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by Spirit
    on

Hi all,

Lucia your posts do make me chuckle! You’ll need new stair carpet by the time you finish going up and down stairs!

The weather on the whole hasn’t been brilliant this Easter has it. I did manage to nip out yesterday for a long walk by the river. It just feels nice to be in the fresh air, listening to the birds and the sound of the babbling water. I’m not allowed to go swimming for a couple of weeks following my surgery last Tuesday.. I’m lost without my thrice weekly swim. What am I going to do to fill the gap?

It’s my start of the 8 weeks today, so far 19lb gone. it sounds a lot, but I’d like it to have been more. some days/weeks I’ve stalled despite sticking rigidly to the plan.

But, at least all my ‘old’ size 12 things fit me now – and the mother of the bride dress of course. It’s going to be a pleasure again going out clothes shopping. Let’s see what this last week brings eh – although I shall be continuing with this right until the plane takes off for Florida.

• posted by Catgirl
    on

Congratulations Spirit on you success so far and to anyone who has had a wobble this Easter, tomorrow is a new day and a new start. I put my son and daughter in laws Easter eggs in the car ready to deliver and wasn’t tempted as so far haven’t felt the need to pick or snack. ( son is 29 and his wife 27 but they are still my ‘babies’).

Week 2 is over and I have lost 12lbs and hubby 9lbs. It’s been a slow week after week 1’s excellent results but I have also lost 3 1/2″ from my waist and the same from hips which is amazing.

Desperately want to hit the stone mark this coming week so need to up the exercise, find some puddles to plodge in, country lanes to yomp through, shopping centres to drool over smaller size clothes, plan menus, stay focused, take inspiration from the blogs and look forward. Of course that is after finding a nice country pub for lunch today with suitable food choices!

• posted by Patsy
    on

Hurrah it’s spring. That should make it easier to get outside for some exercise and make salads and light, healthy meals more tempting than big plates of stodge. We can absolutely, definitely do this.

• posted by Catgirl
    on

Dear Lucia, the gauntlet has well and truly been thrown down! Those flowery trousers I told you about that I bought in the sale a few years ago that were 2 sizes too small, well I tried them on today, got them past my knees, then just past my hips, tried to feed the dough belly into the zip part, my belly could make a good bakers dozen that Paul Hollywood would be proud of! Then I said to my husband that I was going to get into the trousers in time for our summer hols, he told me in a joking way to f*** off! He wasn’t mean, just didn’t believe me, so in 18 1/2 weeks I WILL be wearing those trousers! So for anyone who will be at Newcastle airport on 4th August, I will be the mad, slimmer, growing old disgracefully woman in the flowery Capri pants doing high fives to myself and feeling awfully smug.

Anyone else up for a challenge?

• posted by Patsy
    on

You show him, Catgirl!

I have a very nice summer dress which doesn’t do up … yet.

• posted by orchid
    on

I’m in ๐Ÿ™‚
    I have just got into trousers I bought in the sale 2 years ago. There were a size too small when I bought them – they were for the following year! I then put on weight and they were 1.5 -2 sizes too small , so hung in the cupboard for 2 years. Got into them 10 days ago :-). True to from, I bought a pair of dungerees and a bib skirt (very retro 1970’s and probably a bit mutton) in the sales that I can just squeeze into them, but not button them up.
    I want to get into them by the summer as well……

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi gang,,
    You lot are having a right old natter without me, good. I have read them and now up to date.

So, I have stripped the bed, opened all the windows, then closed them over quickly as it was raining heavy again.
    Wash done, been out into the garden, did damage to those naughty puddles. Feed all the plants so the rain dissolves and feeds the roots. Done the laundry.
    Been for a walk. Went to a garden centre for coffee and a nice rose bush, fragrant and frilly pink, so that will go in later.
    Bought four A4 size boxes to sort the paperwork out and put them in the cupboard, filled them, then offered them into the cupboard, they are 1/4 of an inch too long. So they don’t fit. They are now at a sloping angle in the cupboard because I don’t take any argument from plastic boxes. !!!,!,
    About to do some mending in a few minutes.
    Having a mug of boiling water.
    And keeping it real with my BS800.

Had an apple, yoghurt and two prunes for breakfast. The bathroom department needs assistance, if you know what I mean.

So nothing much so far.

Love Lucia xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Challenge eh?

My challenge is to fit into a size 12 by 1st of DEcember, 2016.
    Let’s make it worth my while.

I will give a donation to a charity connected to obesity or diabetes if I fail. The price of a posh frock that I would have bought and worn in a size 12 at Christmas do’s etc.

How is that!!!!

If I get into a 12 before that, i still have to fit into it on this date. so I can’t hit my target and then put it all back on.

Love
    Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

I am not even in the mood for chocolate or sweets or crisps etc right now.
    Previously that would be all I am thinking about. I was a serious sugar addict.
    I know it is easy to go back to it hence my own personal long term challenge.
    I have lost weight before, but out it back on and then some.

I don’t want to do it, but I wonder if I ate chocolate would it
    A taste funny
    B make me feel poorly?

I am not going there.

By the way, did you all see my two important tips for this diet?
    A. The red peanuts in shells? I still can’t get into the damn things, so not chance of me eating tons of those and putting weight on.
    B. Everyone should buy a sideboard or cupboard to put their heads into when there is chocolate in the house.

See I am totally professional.

Keep going, keep losing
    Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi cat girl,

I read about your hubby and the fitting into said item of clothing.
    I have one word for you….

Spanxs.
    No, not spanking your hubby. ( I wonder how many calories that would burn…)
    But the underwear that squeezes everything in. I know it is cheating but I would just do it and wear them in front of him with th expression of
    Na, na-na nar na.
    ( that tune that means I told you so)

Love luciaxxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Brace yourselves, I have had two thoughts.

Whilst wandering around the forums, I notice the tradition of going out for meals, I go out for coffee, etc etc.

Why do I go out for coffee ( I mean my hubby drinks coffee so I go with him and suffer tea, yuk. I prefer boiling water )
    Why am I paying ยฃ10 for hot drinks and a cake, when I can have all the stuff at home for cheaper.
    My mum and dad generation would have thought I was mad to get dressed up and go out for a coffee. They would have had the drink at home, saved money and not have temptation.
    So why do I do it?

I am going to try from now on, to go to the shops etc, without paying for hot drinks outside.

Why do we have to have a huge dinner for Easter? A huge meal for birthdays etc.
    Why can’t we have a normal size meal and use the extra cash for an extra gift or something?

Why can’t we go roller blading, ice skating, dancing, walking, swimming, instead as a family unit?

Just read what I have written. You will all think I am mad, but what I mean is, to honour the special occasion we seem to have the tradition of needing a huge dollop of extra calories or the occasion will be a flop.

That’s it. I am going to do something different, something energetic, for bank holidays, Easter, birthdays etc.

Ha. That’s thought number one.

Now if only I could remember what thought number two was….

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

Please log in or register to post a reply.