My eight weeks….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Oh, to the person that recommended Fage yoghurt.

You trying to kill me?

I found the first spoonful difficult to swallow…..

NOBODY told me that you take the clear top off, the sealed foil off, then there is a PAPER layer, which is the same colour as the yogurt, sitting on the surface of the yoghurt.

Maybe tomorrow, I won’t find it as chewy 🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓

Yes, I am so stupid I can’t even eat a yoghurt under supervision.

The second spoonful was really great, I am putting it on my regular grocery list.

Have a great evening.

Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Lol lucia that had me in a fit of giggles. Mea culpa. It was I. I did the same myself the first time!

Glad you find it scrummy after the paper came off. I think I have changed my addiction for chocolate to fage yoghurt. I love the stufff 🙂

• posted by Patsy
    on

I’ve never heard of fage yoghurt. Is that just a brand name, or is it a different type? If I do try it, I’ll remember the paper layer.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

I was wondering they, Patsy?

Judith, what stores sell it?

• posted by hashimoto
    on

I buy it from sainsburys but I dare say other stores sell it. It is a really thick creamy greek yoghurt 🙂

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Lucia,
    Here in Aus I wake up to these posts! Start my day with a big grin on my face that lasts a long while 🙂
    I wouldn’t have thought there would be a paper layer under the foil either. I wondering if it’s to stop you licking the yoghurt off the foil and cutting your tongue on the edge? But none of you would do a silly thing like that would you? No, nor me either.
    Great news on your new blouse size. You are getting great success and well deserved. How quickly you’ve turned your life and eating around, no wonder you’re noticing birds, flowers and firemen. Well done.

• posted by Reideen
    on

BSD going fine so far a bit of a headache yesterday but drank loads of water and had a walk so it went. Feelling great this morning so looking forward to the day ahead. Hope you all have a wonderful Easter👒👒👗👗

• posted by Catgirl
    on

Really well done Reideen, like you feeling great this morning, the sun is shining, the birds are singing, and feeling wide awake which is a new feeling, happy Easter to all as well🐣

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi everyone,
    As it is a bank holiday, I am off work. Instead of waking up at 5:30am I woke up at…. 5:30am. So I read the blogs on the website.
    The sun is streaming through the windows, it truly is a spring Easter morning…… Boy can I see the dust on the telly , hang on…….. That’s better…… Oh the mirror over the fire…… Oh, the clock,,…….. Oh the coffee table………
    Sorry, got carried away by the dust.
    Yes, this diet, Ha!! That’s no diet, it’s great. It is wonderful. I am now addicted to Fage yoghurt, full fat. It’s so thick you could grout the bathroom tiles with it 😄😄😄😄😄
    I bought it in morrisons.

I have a question for you all.
    I went into Holland and Barrett and saw miso soup paste in a glass jar.
    Do I use it like an oxo cube?
    Eg a teaspoon full in boiling water, with say a little ham And pak choi? (hark me, I sound so with it, don’t I?)
    I want something simple for clear, tasty soup.
    Is it really salty like oxo cubes?
    I used to enjoy an oxo in a mug of hot water a long time ago, but it’s lost it’s beefiness and is very salty now.

See, I need you all to help me.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Spirit
    on

Morning Lucia and happy Easter!

Never made miso soup so can’t help with that. Well done though on this ‘diet’ you are doing really well.

And sod the dust/housework, today it’s sunny and made to enjoy the good outdoors. Tomorrow it will rain!

• posted by Lucia
    on

Oh as well….

I was fascinated going into Holland and Barrett.
    I nipped in when no one was on the door, keeping me out. The shop assistant yelled from the till, right across the empty shop to me, “are you all right there?” Now this expression confuses me every time I hear it.
    I don’t like someone yelling at me, and yes do I look ‘not okay’? I would prefer, “may I help you?”
    Now you have all started me off….
    I hate going into restaurants or cafes with my hubby. “can I help you guys?”
    I always say ” no, I am a girl, I am wearing a skirt”.

Anyway, getting back to hand b…..
    The different types of vitamins and other tablets
    The different types of nuts and seeds
    The cereals, oats etc
    Fruits like prunes etc
    The huge tubs of diet whey ( you will have to explain that one to me)
    Crackers oat biscuits.
    Then there was bread without gluton, without flour, without yeast, without salt, without water, so surely it’s not bread then? This was far to technical for me yet.

It’s a great shop, but I will have to read up and ask you all for explanations before I buy from there.

So my first one is miso soup … See previous blog.

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi spirit,
    Hey, did you have to tell me rain tomorrow?
    Yes I will be out there soon.
    Will have a wander in the fresh air. I have been doing it a lot recently.

Yes, I do feel different. I am trying not to weigh every day and live by my weight number, I am trying to enjoy the right foods, enjoy moving about and enjoy just ‘being’.

Okay, sod the dusting, I am just getting my shoes on, speak later.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Lucia, I’m pleased to report that the sun is shining through my windows too. So far the third lot of washing has gone into the machine, the rest is happily, slowly flapping on the line.
    Re miso, you can buy a box of little sachets in supermarkets, possibly cheaper then good old H and B!! It also has the advantage of knowing exactly how many calories you are having! All you do is tip the sachet in a mug and pour on boiling water. Simples! I can’t stand oxo cubes so all I can say is to me it tastes a million times better!!! I really don’t like salty food so I think you will be fine with the miso. The ones in sachets have tiny bits of Japanese style veg in it. The brand I get is called Clear Spring if that helps. I sometimes add bean sprouts to mine or little cubes of soya. Lucia, the dust!! How does it happen? I’m off to clean windows in a minute.

Oh and waking up at work times during holiday? I’ve been retired for over a year and I still do it!!! But I love not missing mornings like this – or as John Wayne once said ‘you’re burning daylight’ _ I wouldn’t want to do that lol

So Lucia, have a lovely weekend x

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Well, it might rain tomorrow so I am making full use of the doors and windows being flung wide open, a bit of housework followed by a bit of work in the garden. Loving it!! 🙂

• posted by Catgirl
    on

Hi Lucia, sorry that I can’t help with the miso in a jar but I bought 2 boxes of miso soup sachets in tesco, one yellow one red, not sure there is too much difference in the taste. We have tried both with baby sweet corn and pakchoi, I didn’t find it too salty but hubby found it a bit strange, at only 70 calories including the veg it was fine to stave off any hunger or as a quick fix if time is limited. Like you used to love oxo in a cup and calories but have you tried bovril in a jar?

Love your diversion tactic of a dust hunt instead of Easter egg hunt, will be following your lead as the sun streaming through the window is putting me to shame! Might then have a walk along the beach and blow my inner cobwebs away.🌪

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Reindeen, have a lovely weekend and take a paracetamol as well as plenty of water so you can enjoy todays good weather 🙂

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Lucia,
    Yes you use the miso paste just as you thought. Try a teaspoon in a cup of boiling water and add more if you want it stronger. Some have bonito ( dried fish) added, others don’t. It usually comes in three strengths and various colours depending on the regional recipe.
    You can drink it straight or do as Hashimoto suggests. I add finely sliced carrot, mushroom, snow peas, bean sprouts and fried tofu to mine. Very low cal, low carb meal.

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi Lucia, I use Miso as stock for home made soups, Most supermarkets keep it now. I get it on two forms, both in sachets. One is powder and you add water for a quick drink. The other is a paste – about 15g per sachet and I add that to soup instead of stock – so in a similar way to using an Oxo cube. When I use it in soup I do not add salt whilst cooking as the miso has slat already in it and I find 1 sachet to 1-1.5 L of water works for taste. I adjust seasoning at the end if needed.
    Both types have a full analysis of the contents in carbs/protein/fats and cal, so easy to see what you are consuming. I will have a look at H&B when I am in town tomorrow as I like the idea of a jar (recyclable) as opposed to the plastic sachets!

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi cat girl, the beach?
    You lucky devil.
    Can I collect everyone on this website and join you for a walk and a paddle please?
    I am in a built up area.
    Just having a coffee and enjoying the blue sky above.
    Isn’t life great?
    Come on team, give me a whhaaaaaa. Whhhooooooooo please.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by captainlynne
    on

I’m with you Lucia.

A BSD day out at the beach😃 Yes please.

I am in a country village and the sea is a two-bus ride, a couple of hours away😱

• posted by Lucia
    on

Captain Lynn,
    Will be there in ten mins, put your coat and lipstick on, we are on our way, just have to pick up cherri Ann first…….
    Now is it turn left at the English Channel for Australia or right………
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Oh and
    5357 steps to the coffee shop before going anywhere else for a ramble or stroll.
    Love Lucia xxxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi lucia, I’ve just done 3000 mowing the lawn with my dad’s old 1940s mower. No grass box so I think I may do another 3000 just sweeping up the clippings. My arms certainly had a good work out as that mower is so hard to push, especially through longish wettish grass! Thank goodness the lawn is only small and the rest of the garden is given over to fruit and veg !

The beach, now there is a thought….. my sister owns an old foghorn station right on the cliffs….. might be time to pay another visit! 🙂

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

If you’re coming to pick me up Lucia I better get the kettle on 🙂

• posted by captainlynne
    on

I’ll bring my bucket and spade 😃

• posted by Catgirl
    on

Everyone is welcome any time, we are within 1/2 mile of the nearest beach and less than 10 minutes drive from award winning conservation beaches with loads of wildlife. Not too far from the Farne islands and Holy island. Feel spoilt but very lucky, buckets and spades optional but I used to do a good line in homemade ice cream! That’s one for my target weight!

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi cat girl,
    So that’s 87 chocolate ices 49 zooms, 126 ninety nines including flake. Oh and a yoghurt for me please!
    We are all on the front lawn….. 😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎🤗

Then we are on to cherri Anne’s, may I say … Oh I must, I must , Sorry in advance …. A few shrimps on the barbi!!!!
    I just had to.

Hashimoto, just got back from the coffee shop, I am on 13,303.
    Just had turkey slices and salad, pickles, celery, plumb tomatoes, spring onion, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

It’s still lovely here.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Lucia, well done! Did you always walk a lot or is this a new way of life? 13,303 is really good and still lots of the day left! It’s still lovely here too! So I have stripped the beds and put everything in the wash – now drying. I’m about to dig up a rhubarb clump and replant it. Oh I am really enjoying today. I had cream of broccoli soup and tried to eat an apple, couldn’t finish it I’m so stuffed! 🙂

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Catgirl, I am envious, it sounds like you live in a really idyllic place 🙂

• posted by Lucia
    on

Except for all those people on your lawn queueing up for your home made ice cream.

Live Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Hashimoto,
    Nope, I was a couch potato.
    Now I am a plodder.
    I know around here, there are seats in the bus shelters, park benches, park walls etc to sit on.
    So I waddled out, got out of breath, sat down, caught my breath, waddled on etc.
    Went further each day, in a loop. Then a bigger loop.
    Now able to do 6000 in the one go.
    So including a sit down in the coffee shop 11,000 in the one go, with one sit down.

So if I can do it any one can.
    Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Wow lucia, respect! You are making massive changes x

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Well done Lucia.

I need to get more walking done (preferably without carrying heavy shopping bags😳). But I like to walk for a reason, not just to walk. Have bought local map and need to sort out some walks.

• posted by Lucia
    on

So another question for you all……

what do we think of plain shop bought popcorn as a quick snack?
    Not the toffee or pink stuff, just the white one.
    Any comments ?
    I was told by a neighbour that she had just bought some to fill her up, with less calories?

I don’t know, so I have opened it up to my band of experts.

Thanks

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Popcorn is pure carbohydrate. 16 grams in half a cup so I wont be having any, sorry.

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi Lucia – some info for you so you can decide 🙂

Tyrrells Poshcorn lightly salted – I found it at the gym last year and the headline on it 80cals. Oh good I thought and ate the bag in one sitting.
    Actually the bag contains 70g and the recommended portion is 17g! The calories per 17g portion at 83 cals, so per bag that is 341 cals. Carbs per 17g is 8.3g.
    Not so low calories!
    Ingredients – Popped Corn, Sunflower Oil, Sea Salt.

Breakdown per 100g;
    Protein 8.3g
    Fat 25.5g
    Carbs 50.2g.

Data taken from Waitrose website – no idea what the other 15g are!
    These are ‘moreish’ so I personally won’t have them in the house just now just looking at the carbs – 50% carbs.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi gang,
    You know the pair of jeans that are at the back of the wardrobe because I haven’t been able to fit into them for over a year? They used to only go past my knees and I couldn’t get my bum into them?
    Well, I am wearing them they are buttoned and zipped up and I am sitting in them.
    🙃🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🙂🙂🙃🙃🙃🙂🙃🙃🙃
    I love Michael Mosley.

Love Lucia.
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Thanks for the info about the popcorn.
    I will stay away from them.

So it’s just the diet whey I don’t understand.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Catgirl
    on

That is fantastic news, I bet you are so chuffed with yourself! It is brilliant when you have such positive results especially sitting down! Way to go girl👖

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Fantastic lucia, i bet you still can’t quite believe it! You have managed that in such a short time!

Have you signed our petition?

• posted by misssay
    on

Lucia, that is great!

• posted by MaryR
    on

Oh I have missed all the fun you girls have been having today- Well done to everyone for the steps, and all the activity, and sticking with it– no positively enjoying it today! Going back lots of posts, the Fage yoghurt is the Greek Total yoghurt, and by Greek I mean really Greek, not Greek style! Nothing to beat it- I ran out for two days this week and had withdrawal symptoms, 🙁 .
    Today is the last day of my 8 weeks- 20 lbs and 5 in gone, and have celebrated with a meal out with my son, who is back from 3 months away- chose well, no carbs, left the bread, oatcakes, no chips- one G&T and a glass of wine- next thing is to decide the strategy for getting off the remaining 10lbs 🙂

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Hashimoto,
    What petition?
    Please can you give me more details?
    Love Lucia xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi cat girl,
    I just tried the jeans to see if I could pull them up a little further, but it was better than that , I fastened them and sat in them.
    Before I banished them to the back of the wardrobe, I could only stand upon them and not breathe, then I couldn’t get the past my thighs.
    I must be losing inches and not pounds.

What you doing today? If it rains I am going puddle splashing, you got any wellies? You coming out to play?

I am feeling not only healthier, lighter but younger too.

Great isn’t it.

Had pizza last night without the pizza. I know you all know what I mean.
    Want to go crazy on the veg today. Salad is all hone, and maybe I will have some chicken.

Love Lucia xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Oh, and….
    I still don’t understand diet whey……
    Love Lucia xxxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Lucia, a group of us started this petition. It is for the ‘NHS to encourage diabetics to follow a low carbohydrate diet’
    If we get 10000 signatures the government has to respond.
    If we gat 100000 signatures it has to be heard in the House.

I don’t think we will get 100000 BUT we can all post the petition to our facebook and twitter accounts! We can really get the word out there.
    I also know that MPs do tend to look at the government petition site and sometimes take up the baton so worth doing on all these counts.
    With the publicity about sugar going on at the moment and the NHS rolling out a programme to ‘help’ 100000 pre-diabetics the timing of our petition is good.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/125704

Lucia what was your final step count yesterday? xxx

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Lucia,
    Diet whey is a protein supplement, usually used by body builders and people who use the gym a lot to build muscle. Whey is quite high in carbs because it is milk based, the diet one is lower but still has a fair few. It is usually a powder added to smoothies.
    If you wanted a protein supplement to add to smoothies, a legume based one will be lower carb. I am vegetarian, but definitely no gym bunny lol, so I add the legume type one to my morning smoothie.
    Hope this has helped. Happy Easter

• posted by Catgirl
    on

Hi Lucia, I too have a pair of trousers hanging up that I have never worn, bought them in the sale a few years ago 2 sizes too small! Still look longingly at them as they are a summer item, black background covered in multicoloured flowers, no shrinking violet for me! For once I have hope that this summer is the one, will keep you posted but still a long way off.

Out to do small amount of food shopping them off for a walk to feed the swans at a local lake, they are so tame we hand feed them although have had the odd peck from the more pushy males, lol.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Catgirl I bet you will get into those lovely sounding trousers in the summer.

I was reading this morning that ducks lOVE kale!! I wonder if swans are the same? Who came up with the idea of trying to feed ducks healthy kale? I take my hat off to them!

Enjoy your walk!!

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Hashimoto,
    16,827 steps. Not bad for a coach potato.
    Signing the petition and have emailed everyone in my added. Book both home and work. Every little helps.
    Love Lucia.xxx

Please log in or register to post a reply.