My eight weeks….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

wonderful isn’t it Lucia? Your mention of May provoked the memory of The May Magnificat. Are you a Hopkins fan too? πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

I feel for you scotgran, that was some walk – but now you know where to go berrying in Autumn lol πŸ™‚

• posted by Spirit
    on

Morning all,

Lucia – wobbling will actually help reduce your fat, that’s the principle the vibration plates work on – and it’s fun.

Hashimoto, the pussy willow is small and furry. I’ve put it in a vase on my hearth.

Lucia, today I start week 7. It’s been slow for me. Week 1 was the most I’ve lost in one go – 8lb. then plauteau-ing for a couple of weeks, then drastic reduction of cals to get it moving again. Speaking of getting going – that;s been an issue for me until that is I remembered how good Potters cleansing herb tea is for clearing out the ol pipes!

I didn’t have loads to lose, I did the Dr Mosely 5.2 (original) diet back in 2013 and lost 3 stones. Rather alarmingly a bit of that had crept back on in the last 18 months. I thought I’d been eating healthily – loads, and I mean loads of fruit, pasta, brown bread etc. who knew eh!

I had a breast reduction in august so all my size 12 tops fitted properly again. I’d just wanted the bottom to match. My daughter is getting married in Florida on 10 May and I fly over on 6th. I bought my dress in the size12 – at the end of week 1. I left it hanging in the wardrobe without trying on until last week. It now fits. today is the start of week 7 and I’m keeping going because I want to lose another 7lb or so.

I usually get away from this computer at lunchtimes (work from home) so tend to wander down the road to see the horses. It’s a steep hill on the way back up and that really works the leg muscles. However, I have found that the vibration plate has firmed up in places where the walking hasn’t affected!

• posted by Lucia
    on

Monday morning, have to leave earlier for the bus as there are no school kids this week.
    Apple with yoghurt for breakfast.
    Ham salad lunch. With an apple.
    May be Working until 7 or 8 tonight.
    Chicken with stir fry with bean sprouts when I get home.
    Sorted.
    The weather is changing from our sunshine to dull or rain for Easter. No worries, doing my disco dancing inside whenever I can this week.

Good news. I always have to wear my blouse outside my skirt, then force the zip up. Guess who’s blouse is tucked into her skirt today…. πŸ˜„
    Have a happy one
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Morning spirit, I think it was lucia who wasn’t sure what pussy willow was! I’m intrigued by your mention of a vibration plate – what is it? If it firms up places not reached by walking I’m interested!

Are the horses yours or is reaching them a good walking goal?

Good news about your dress, you must be thrilled! πŸ™‚

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Hashimoto,
    Yes, I love his clean description and his you can feel what he is saying.

I am having fun with haku’s at the moment. I love the idea that Japanese samurai could write such beautiful words before battle.
    Love Lucia xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi spirit, I hope you have a great time at the wedding. You had a wonderful deadline to lose your diet and get fit.
    Week seven , I think I will be on that week as you leave for Florida.
    I lost a lot in my prep week, then stalled, now I am ignoring the scales for a few days and focusing on my eating.
    Love the idea for me to get a wobble plate. But it could cause major earthquake tremors. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
    I am now adding more to my exercises, yesterday evening I tried a bit of yoga. Just lying down on the floor on towels and tried leg lifts, bum lifts, knee bends etc. I am getting there.
    At least I am not on the settee, glued to the to.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Good news about the blouse lucia πŸ™‚

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Ooh Lucia
    are your clothes starting to get too loose ?
    You are well on your way now and I expect great things from you.
    If determination can guarantee success, you’re going to be a star.
    Have a great new week

• posted by Reideen
    on

Hi, I’m just starting the eight week blood sugar diet this morning, I weigh 14st 6lbs have high blood sugar also, I want to get healthy please. I just crave sugar, chocolate is my downfall and could eat any amount of it.Any advice or help would be appreciated

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi lucia, i love haikus too, they and kennings are a great basis for children learning to write poetry.

Are you familiar with chidiok tichborn’s elegy? He wrote it in prison waiting to die the death if a traitor (the babington plot), he was only about 23 and each time I read it I am astounded that he could write something so clear and moving in the worst of circumstances.

Well today my son gets the keys to his allotment – I’m going along in more of an advisory position!

Have a great day πŸ™‚

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Het Reideen
    get stuck in, you may get a couple of initial side effects but you will be amazed at how fast you stop even thinking about sugary and carb laden food. You will be impressed at the fast weight loss and how quick your sugar levels reduce.
    There are loads of great tips and recipes on the forum and we are all here to help you along the way.
    Best of luck, keep us in touch with your progress.

• posted by Scotgran
    on

Lucia,
    Bugs… There’s a thought. Wonder what the cal/carb content is? I survived the walk on Saturday with only sore calf muscles . Went for brunch with friends on Sunday, chose scrambled eggs with smoked salmon. Proud that I did not eat ANY toast even though it was made on the premises and looked delicious.

• posted by Spirit
    on

sorry Hashimoto, note to self to see who had written what – oops!

I don’t know who the horses belong to, they look a bit raggedy standing on the hillside (overlooking the M1 in the distance. If I walk to the end of my road and turn left down the hill, they are there. I often take them some carrots or something.

The vibration plate is pretty much like standing -or sitting on the washing machine when it is spinning. How it works is that when the plates are vibrating, your muscles are trying to compensate to keep you still, this in effect is the workout for them and therefore tightens them up. You can stand on it and it works the whole body, sit on it to do your bum and upper body and sometimes I stand in front of it and put my arms on it and go up on to my toes – that works arms and upper body.

Scotgran, love smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, yum.

welcome too to reideen.

Be careful with those exercises Lucia til you get more used to them. don’t want to go pulling a muscle.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi spirit,
    Love the idea you think I have a muscle somewhere. Yes, I am taking it easy, hence the floor work. I am not ready to downward dog it yet. Or planks etc.

Do you think you get a good work out from your vibration plate? Me just wobbling doesn’t sound as if it could do me much good? Sorry to ask, but I haven’t seen one.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi reedeen.
    Have a look at my postings. You will see I was heavier than you when I started. Also you will see that I would eat Chinese takeaways and family bags of chocolate for just one meal. Millions of calories.
    I am now a little way into the diet, and I no longer will murder for chocolate.
    I also loved buttered toast, a whole loaf between me and hubby. On Friday I tried a half slice and it just didn’t give me the buzz I used to get, so I passed it on.
    My taste buds are changing, I am trying different things. I had feta last week, I haven’t had that in many years.

I used my first week to gradually change to the diet. I thought it would be too hard going from one to the other. Again, look back at my blogs here.

But, don’t ask me about bathroom scales nor yoghurt as I hadn’t realised either of these were giving me a hard time.

I now enjoy a small tub of yoghurt and ignore the scales until my weekly weigh in.

There is a section called what did you eat today, that’s a big help for ideas.
    I haven’t tried the recipes yet, I will do them when I get bored of what I am eating.

In getting out and about, I am enjoying the fresh air, probably too much. As I wax lyrical about it all.

You have done the biggest step, joining and deciding to change your diet. Congratulations. That is the big-y. Now just enjoy each day, and if you make a ‘mistake’ just acknowledge it and go passed it. I put weight on and I could have hit the chocolate big style, but I sulked for ten mins and then got my head together.

Hope you post and share.

Love
    Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Reideen
    on

Lucia, thank you so much, for the first time in my life I think this is doable, the support is wonderful, I hope my computer skills are up to scratch and that I can follow all the chats and support,

• posted by Spirit
    on

Hello Lucia,

I do my swimming 3 times a week and my daily walk. I’m not sure if the vibration plate on it’s own would work as quickly anyway. But yes, it’s easy to just stand/sit there and let it work my muscles.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Welcome Reideen. You’ll see from the posts on here that many of us find this not only doable, but effective. You’ll get lots of support on here, and there’s usually someone around if you have a question or problem.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

LMAO I remember a few years ago, all the sunbed shops around here had these vibration plates and my girls were trying them out.
    I, of course got talked into coming along and trying it.
    They switched it on, and immediately it started buzzing, I started sliding and fell off the edge.
    End of experiment.

• posted by Catgirl
    on

Hi Reideen, this is the start of my 2nd week of the diet and I have been dancing in the street today, at my weigh in this morning I have lost 10 lbs in my 1st week and lost 2 inches off each of my waist and hips! I just can’t believe how easy it has been, just keep at it, use the recipes (did the skinny kedgeree last night) and get all the support you need from the forums. If I can do it with a starting weight of 16st 7lb anyone can! I am now down into the next stone bracket which is a massive psychological boost. I’m even looking forward to the week ahead, good luck

• posted by Catgirl
    on

Hi Lucia, I was the dancing queen dancing in the street and doing boogie wonderland after today’s weigh in, that’s my dancing day done for now! Thanks for your encouragement and great news about your blouse. Bet you can’t wait for the wedding in Florida, my favourite place ever!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

wonderful news Catgirl, I’ll do a dance with you πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

OMG BIll, I had not better try then as I think the same would happen to me:(

• posted by Spirit
    on

Bill, I think you might be thinking of those toning tables that you lie on? They seemed to appear from nowhere a few years ago and have disappeared just as quickly!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Spirit they might look a bit raggedy because they haven’t had their winter coats clipped yet – or they might just be raggedy lol. I don’t think I’ll bother with a vibrating plate after hearing Bill’s experience! πŸ™‚

• posted by Lucia
    on

Cat girl, or should I call you skinny?
    WOW, what a result. Go girl!!!! πŸ™ƒπŸ˜œπŸ˜†πŸ™ƒπŸ˜˜πŸ˜πŸ˜˜πŸ™πŸ˜πŸ˜—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜•πŸ™„β˜ΊοΈπŸ˜†πŸ˜…πŸ˜‡πŸ˜πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ž
    Delighted you had a dance too.

I think we should all cross the word diet out, because it isn’t.
    It’s the real thing, the real way to live.
    Isn’t that the truth?

I don’t know how I flipped the switch but I am delighted being off the junk, I feel GREAT in myself.
    I feel a doing coming on….. La la la la… La la…. La, al la la……..

And I haven’t paid for meetings, nor any weird food either. Just normal ordinary healthy, ftasty food.
    Yyyippppppppeeeeeeee!!!!!
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi spirit,
    I wonder if I got the kitchen stool, climbed on the washing machine, bent my knees on spin…….
    πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
    Keep happy
    Love Lucia xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Reedeen,
    Just give it a go, 8 weeks. Not long.
    Give yourself the gift of this. You are special, you are worth it, just come for the walk with all of us, we can natter, growl, cry, laugh but most of all , get healthy.
    What are you going to eat tomorrow?
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx.

• posted by Catgirl
    on

Dear Lucia, thank you so much, I can’t believe how easy it has been and I agree this is a new way of healthy eating rather than a diet. I have a long long way to go but feel so positive, I am sure there will be a wobble along the way and not just of the fat kind! My main issue is when I fall off the diet wagon and never seen to get back on board but it feels so different this time.

As you said to Reideen, we are worth it and it’s time to put yourself first and believe in you, we can all do it, go girls and boysπŸ‘

• posted by Bill1954
    on

It wasn’t a toning table.
    It had a flat plate that you stand on and a framework around it for you to hold on to with a control panel in front.
    Switched it on and it vibrated so hard my feet just sort of slid backwards and off the edge.

• posted by Reideen
    on

I have my grocery shopping done with all healthy food that’s on BSD so I’m all set for tomorrow, I have a weeks menu all set so I’m ready for the big step, I have even cleaned out kitchen of all time he unhealthy stuff. Onwards and upwards. Chat tomorrowπŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Wow, reideen you are very well prepared for your first 8 weeks. I am really looking forward to your posts! πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Lucia if you did all that I think you would slide right off just like Bill πŸ™‚

• posted by Reideen
    on

Day 1 over and it was ok, thank you for all your advice. Feeling good and looking forward to day 2 πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

• posted by Sharon
    on

Hi Raideen

Welcome to the group. Look forward to hearing how your first week goes and good luck.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi reindeen , have you seen how many people are welcoming you and encouraging you.
    Isn’t it wonderful?

I have had another wonderful day. My mental attitude has changed so much. I feel as if I have moved out from under a big rain cloud.

I don’t want to run to the junk food any more.

I have experienced the feeling of being hungry. Previously I was grazing so much , I never stopped, to allow myself to feel this. I am staying to the 800 calories, before my evening meal I felt hungry, I was made up πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
    I know it sounds crazy, and I could have just grabbed a few nuts or salad etc. But I wanted experience it.

Boy am I changing. I think for the good.

Love Lucia xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi everybody,
    I had a thicker blouse on today, that too can tuck into my skirt. It’s that incredible?
    I am tickled pink.
    What signs other than the scales have you seen?

Also I can touch my toes, knees slightly bent, but I can get down there. Previously I had to sit down. Something else that is great

Keep going, keep losing. Now if I could just work out how to get down from the washing machine.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Bill1954
    on

ROFLMAO
    Lucia you’re doing great and you have a brilliant sense of humour.
    Keep it up hun amd keep posting, I love your attitude to this whole thing.

• posted by Scotgran
    on

Hi Lucia,
    Well I’m not sure I can touch my toes but I can see them now at least! The changes I have noticed are quite odd, like I notice (and hubby noticed) my shoulders are thinner. Also I mentioned feeling the outline of a hip bone. Someone else mentioned boots and I too noticed my knee high boots were slacker around the calves. So not sure if it’s anyone’s desirable body image but thin shoulders and calves are a start. The wobbly tummy remains but I think there’s less of it, in fact it measures 4inches less than when I started .

• posted by Spirit
    on

I’m glad your thicker blouse tucks in too Lucia, it gives you a spur on doesn’t it! I used to find that bending my leg up to cut my toenails was a bit tricky, some of that was because the tummy was in the way – also the boobs. The boobs were easily sorted, well Β£6k later! I hope you had fun on your washing machine!

I’m feeling a bit spaced out this morning. I had my follow up minor surgery at 7.15 last night. I guess a benefit for my surgeon is that she was able to use my flatter tum to put her instruments on LOL. I had smoked haddock with a poached egg for breakfast but am not especially hungry today and had to make myself have it.

Cant use my vibration plate for a bit nor swim for 2 weeks til the new wounds heal. so, i’ll have to stick to walking for a while.

• posted by Catgirl
    on

Dear Lucia, great news about the blouse, I also have issues with painting toenails etc but I am determined it won’t be for much longer. Have you considered installing a lap dancing pole strategically positioned near the washer to use like a firemans pole to gracefully get down from the washer? Heard they are also a good form of exercise. πŸ‘―

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Or perhaps a trapeze instead of the fireman’s pole? And perhaps a trampoline if you have space. Then you could swing from the top of the washer over to the trampoline and exercise there πŸ˜‚

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi spirit,
    Just keep to the eating programme the two weeks will soon fly by.
    I am hoping that the Easter bunny hops past my door this year.
    I don’t need the temptation. I am doing small tests that I can control, but a stack of Easter eggs may be too great

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Cat girl,
    I dare not put a lap dancing pole in the house, it may be too much for oh.
    Firemen, in uniform. Mmmmmmmmm,m
    Sorry went off on a tangent………
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Captain Lynne,
    Are you trying to kill me?
    I was happy to be able to touch my toes, but between you and cat girl, well really πŸ˜…
    Having a bit of time off, found the energy to sort the bedroom.
    Clean out the spare bedroom wardrobe.
    Bleach the kitchen, sort cupboards , etc
    Move the furniture around in the lounge
    Tomorrow I hope to do the dining room.
    Then I went for a walk, did shopping and then guess what?
    I got three blouses from Bon marche in size 16. Sweet sixteen . Not 20 , not 18. Yipppeeeeee

Hope you are all doing well.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Lucia wow sweet 16 size blouse! How could that naughty easter bunny tempt you now? No no no to going back to size 18 blouse!!!! πŸ™‚

• posted by Lucia
    on

All I can say is 13 st 11 lb
    I am delighted.
    Ate well,I am suprised that I am losing weight.
    I am not even trying hard.
    😏😏😏.
    How are you all doing.?
    And we are going into chocolate egg season…..

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Way to go Lucia
    That’s just it though, you don’t have to try hard, in fact half of the time you don’t even think about it.
    Chocolate schmocolate
    We don’t need that stuff any more do we ?

• posted by Catgirl
    on

Dear Lucia, absolutely delighted for you and congratulations on your success, getting into the next stone bracket is such a psychological milestone you should be so proud of yourself, and getting into smaller blouses – the incredible shrinking woman! πŸ‘™Bikini season next!

Please log in or register to post a reply.