My eight weeks….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Pea pod.
    Walking on your own?
    Great, but don’t forget, you have all of us walking beside you, keeping you company, sharing your journey.

Soon, it will be my favourite sport…… puddle bashing.
    I go out in my wellies, my path is very strange. If I drew it, it would look like scribble.
    I look for the puddles, I put my ankles together, bend at the knees, swing my arms, JUMP….. SPLOOOOSH straight into the middle of it.
    I don’t care.
    I look crazy,
    It’s fun
    It’s young to do
    It’s exercise
    And
    It’s F U N.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Well I think I look pretty cute with my red nose.👺Sorry but this is the only emoji with a red nose on my keyboard. 😀
    My cold is doing well.
    I haven’t stuffed my face because I gave a cold, I used to but have a different view on things.

It’s been cold recently here, trying to hold out until the end of November before putting the heating on.

My ties have been cold waiting at the bus stops so I have taken up the Lucia method of tap dancing, just to keep the toes warm.

So if you see a crazy big bird doing shuffle shuffle hop skip at a bus stop, just say…. hi crazy Lucia!

Keep warm, keep moving, keep going, keep smiling.

If you feel lazy, don’t forget it takes lesss muscles to make a smile, so let’s get lazy together.
    😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Sandie
    on

Lucia thank you for the smile.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi,
    My name is Lucia and I am a cauli-holic.

I enjoyed cauli so much last night I had more than usual.
    It was yummy.
    Fresh tasted better than frozen.

I am in therapy now.

Oh, with a little sprinkle of cheese on the top, and a sliced tomato…..

sTOP!

Calm yourself.

Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

It’s really cold today, the wind is from the north.
    Felt a bit wobbly on the bike.
    Just had chicken and veg. Couldn’t get excited over it.
    Oh well, it must be the final throws of my cold.

Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi team,

Who are you. I. Hear you ask.
    I first came on this site in 1996 I think. I was over 200 lbs. depressed, so depressed. So unhealthy. Coach potato was putting it politely. I journeyed through all sorts of problems, questions, foods, cravings, arguments with myself, moods,or should I say MOODS! And I got down to a precious goal.
    Since then, I have been heavier, come back, lighter. Left.
    Come back, got lighter , left.

The good thing About this website, is, I CAN come back, as many times as it takes.
    I am welcomed and loved.
    I am not judged, I feel part of the family here.

So here is the bad stuff, 200.2 pounds.
    See that .2 of a pound, well that’s what I want to obliterate, I want to squash it, it pulverise it with a baseball bat. I sooooo want it gone,.
    The 200 you ask, … I say like after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves.

I am going to try and do the fasting, the 800 cals some days. I am going to keep it light and fluffy so it doesn’t depress me.

Do you remember captain Lynne on here a few years ago., well she went cold turkey, I am aiming for that, but if I don’t hit 100% I will gladly accept 72%. ( yes I am a little weird with my brain, you don’t get a normal 70%).

So I have weighed myself, I have joined the best life changing club in the world – her is my membership renewal post.
    I don’t say sliming club , this is sooooo much more.

I am going to drink when I am hungry, give it a while , then see if I am really hungry. This is my first rule to work with.

I am going to go for a walk, I am not putting a target on it, just a doing target. So I can get it done.
    Light a fluffy pressure only today.

When I used to blog or post here. I didn’t think anyone would want to read my drivel. So I wrote the blog as a letter to myself. When I looked back I couldn’t believe how many friends I had along the way. I never felt lonely here.

So team, please all shoo away that .2 of a pound with me.
    I will let you know when he has gone.

I hear there is a new lucia signing as lucie or luciaslife here, I will look her up and see if she has any tips I can use. So hellloooo Lucie

Best wishes to you all and so long .2 of a pound.

Love
    Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Verano
    on

Lucia why don’t you come and join us on the weekly thread ‘one week at a time…. and the monthly thread Seriously September of something like that! Maybe gig just get more response and help than by only reviving this thread ….. best of luck on your new journey

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Lucia
    I got a mail to say you’d posted on this thread…..

I remember you very well from way back when, and you were always my total inspiration and I still quote your inspirational posts.

I remember you saying that as the first thing you could put a chair on the landing, walk up stairs, have a rest and then walk down again.

You were never defeated and I think this 0.2 of a pound must be shaking in its shoes as it prepares to fly away

I hope you have some clothes that you know how you fit in. Because no matter about the weight,

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO LOOK AT HOW YOUR CLOTHES FEEL.

Onwards and upwards with love from Igor, still a total fanatic about the BSD

And Hello Verano! 🙂

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello Igor! Hope life is treating you well!

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi Verano

Yes, I am well, thank you – I still read stuff by MM (who is very visible in the press in the UK) and am prone to tell anyone who asks about the BSD, which makes me think often about the people who were around on this Forum when I was doing my 8 weeks.
    It was very inspirational.

I still follow many of the principles, very aware of sugar and refined carbs, drinking plenty of liquids, and have also found it helpful to skip breakfast (I do have two cappuccinos though) and not eat till after 12. That works for me, though may not of course for all.

And still fitting into the clothes I bought in triumph at the end

Hope you are well too, and enjoying life!

And to Lucia, just remember you’ve been an inspiration, though you might never have realised it 🙂

• posted by Verano
    on

Glad all is well with you Igor. You sound as though you are still doing well eating low carb.
    I still follow low carb with mainly two meals a day although my weight still fluctuates! My blood glucose remains ‘normal ‘ and for me that was the most important. I often wonder what happened to CaptainLynne. She did come back for a very brief visit a good while back. She was one of the inspirational members for me.
    Take care.

• posted by Sandie
    on

Hello Lucia, friend,
    I have just found you on a message.
    I too need to get back to low carbs. Gosh it worked so well for me. Why didn’t I stick with it?
    Getting back on track.
    Wishing you well.

regards Sandie

• posted by Sandie
    on

I am now 176 lb and it ought to be around 147 lb.
    it will go one pound at a time.
    X Sandie

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi gang,

So here we go.

I have been walking more, ( as previously I seemed to sit more and more)

I went to bodnant gardens in north wales uk.
    Instead of it talking an hour, it took three. A huge traffic jam.

Eventually we got there. The car park it on the side of a mountain, higher than Everest. Did I need crampons and a rope just descend the car park and get to the ticket office.
    ( because I am unfit, I tend to exaggerate)

We descended and Made it to the building I thought was a ticket office. Nope. I had to walk further down, then under the road then there was a ticket office.
    Wheres the cafe? Where is the sit down and rest, where is the hot drink , oh and maybe a snack or three as I would need to eat to get from base camp. Who knows when I might eat next.

All the damn benches were full,to overflowing with pensioners, with their handbags slung over one shoulder, the boiled sweets were out and they were gossiping about someone they all knew.

I waddled on.. No I don’t mean I walked, i waddled on.
    Down stairs to a lawn, oh nice flowers. No coffee shop….
    Down through to the terraces, no ice cream kiosk……
    Down to a fancy shaped ornamental pond. No seats, no cafe, no nothing.
    It was a beautiful sunny day, blue sky and the sun was warm.
    I waddled on downwards.
    A long pond like a canal, and an Italian shaped building at the end. No available benches, more blooody pensioners.
    Down through the woods, down, down down.then like Gandalf’s appearance in the east on the third day…… a coffee shop. Empty seats, phew.

I got the drinks in, and a sausage roll. One. Not three.
    My beloved shared it with me.

I looked around, then up and up and up. Did I really climb down that way? Impressed.
    Then oh god! OH GOD,!
    What rolls down has to waddle back up.

We walked along the river, then slowly my assent to Everest started.
    When i was knackered, sweating , and gasping for air.. I said, just a mo, I need to take a photo. I pretended to look for the right angle, the right leaf, the right anything, until my heart stayed beating WITHIN my rib cage.

Then off I went. I watched the path to make sure it didn’t wander downwards and only upwards.
    Eventually I got there, to the lawn at the beginning. Still no empty seats… I can’t sit on the floor as it would take a crane to get me back up.
    We found a seat in the sunshine.
    I pretended to sun myself, i was actually trying to stop the panting, .. have you ever tried to breathe through your ears? I did.
    Once everything had recovered, I then had to go through the exit, under the road, and up to the car park.
    3/4 of the way up, I pretended I needed to look for acorns. They do look so cute still in their little bonnets. Oh here is a green one, oh and a brown one. Nice.
    Just check my heart and breathing …
    off we go again.
    I slumped into the car seat and strapped myself in, I ain’t doing no more climbing today!
    Homeward bound.

So, it’s my long way of saying, I have shifted my fat behind off the settee and moved a bit.

Today I am focusing on having a no day
    No pastry, no spuds, no pasta, no rice.

I am fixing me one bit at a time.

Love lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Verano
    on

Well done you! Great start and fixing one bit at a time sounds like a really good plan. Have a good journey.

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Great story Lucia, thanks so much for sharing ! I did have to laugh 😆.
    One day at a time is the way to go….🌺

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi team,
    So today, I was ready to sit and watch telly or sew in the living room.
    It looked a beautiful sunny day outside, I may go outside later, I will just watch ….. and then watch….. and then.
    Somehow, I stood up, got my handbag and off I went to drop hubbys prescription off and to buy some milk.

I didn’t plan it, it was as if an invisible hand lifted me up and helped me move.
    Now don’t start saying ghosts or ufo,s etc. It was just me somehow, with my weird brain that’s not wired like anyone’s else’s.
    It was great to get out In The sunshine and some fresh air,, it was so warm. Autumn sunshine, it was great.

So if you can build up your energy, resolve, your idea, your notion to move, that would be great. You can always make excuses not to move, not to walk, not to do things.

Once I got outside, I enjoyed the sunshine. The birds screaming their heads off, the leaves just starting to change colour etc etc.

So try and give yourself a tiny push, you never know, you might enjoy it.

Love lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Sandie
    on

Dear Lucia
    I too enjoyed yesterday’s sunshine. At lunchtime I took the dog out for a long walk and planned to have some meat and vegetables on my return. Got home and OH had eaten my share of the meat! Grrrrl.
    So I settle for the veg.
    This morning stood on the scales and I am plus a pound. Now how is that fair?
    Today is sunshiney again.
    Lucia may you shine with the sun.
    X Sandie

Please log in or register to post a reply.