My eight weeks….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lucia
    on

So my little fluffy friends,

Lost one and a half pounds this week.
    So after several weeks, nay, months, I am still losing.
    GOT UP AT 6am
    Cycled,
    Went the gym cross country machine, rowing machine etc
    Weights
    Swam
    Showered
    Cycled back
    And started my day then
    I get it out if the way.
    I tend to ease up on the bs rules on a Saturday,
    Sunday through Friday inclusive I am all over it.

I enjoy having a variety, I may eat a piece if toast,
    Or pasta
    Or rice
    But only one item a week.

Salad for breakfast? Me? Who would gave thought it.

Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

So what if someone said to you let’s climb a mountain?
    Yes, panic.
    I felt panic.
    I was seeing the wall and not individual brick.

So let’s break it down, what do I need to do to climb a mountain?
    I need to put one foot in front of the other.
    Is that all?
    Yes.
    Wall… what if I get tired?
    Sit your bum down.
    Wall…. what if I run out of energy.
    Sit your bum down, catch your breath then come on back down.

What will I get, if I reach the top of the mountain?
    Great view
    Fresh clean air.
    And I would be able to say….. I DID IT.

But I am old, fat, unfit, etc etc
    But
    You will never guess who did it?

Me πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€β›°β›°β›°β›°β›°β›°β›°β›°πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

There you go.
    Just pick up a brick and move it out if your way.
    Don’t look at the wall, only the small brick that’s a weight we can actually manage to move by ourself.
    Xxxxx

Come walk with me up a mountain? Come on , hold my hand, let’s do it together.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Poppetini
    on

Lucia – your mountain post is so lovely. Yesterday and today I have sat a little … and whilst trying to be kind to myself, I’m wondering (as I’m only 2 weeks in) whether I am ‘properly’ committed to this. I am. And your post has reminded me, that it is ok to sit a while, take my breath … so long as I then continue my journey. Which I shall. Thank you for the inspiring words.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Thank you Lucia.

Always an inspiration πŸ™‚

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Nettle
    Enjoy your time here in Sydney, you’ll love it!
    My Dad said to me today that I am now too skinny! I’ve learnt to ignore those comments regardless who they come from and I just don’t respond. My husband, Mum and rest of the family continue to tell me how proud they are of me!
    I bought a pair of size 10 jeans and a size 8 cardi this week and I still don’t quite believe it! At 60kg, I now weigh less than what I was at both my wedding and before having 2 kids.
    I don’t have a full length mirror at home, so when I go into a change room, I get a shock at how I look and how much weight I’ve lost (100g shy of 30kg now).
    I’m continuing to avoid all refined sugars, simple carbs (and polyunsaturated oils, but that’s another story!) and will continue that for the rest of my life.
    For all those thinking of starting, just do it, you won’t regret it!
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Linda a
    For years everyone has bullied me with love.
    Oh just have a sandwich
    Oh just have that last cake
    You haven’t eaten for five whole minutes, let me make you something.
    I have drawn the line.
    —————-

I know my own body
    Better than anyone else.
    I still don’t feel as if I am there yet, so I am carrying on a little longer.
    I am reviewing my weight at Christmas.
    I will know if there is a bit more blubber to lose or if I am too skinny.
    You will know in your heart if you should stick or twist.
    I need to twist more ( is that poker ?)
    There are charts out there with height and healthy weight ranges. Use them.
    Get into the healthy BMW range.

Keep yourself healthy and active for YOU.

Sorry to pass these comments but if I hadn’t of listened to the above people, I would be in a size 12 UK now.

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by shalimar
    on

Ah Lucia …. lovely words

Won’t it be nice to review how lovely our bodies are by Christmas!!
    Won’t it be nice to have our bodies move the way we want them too
    Won’t it be nice to feel healthy
    Won’t it be nice to feel energetic
    Won’t it be nice to say “No thank you, I don’t want any more right now”.

Won’t it be nice to hear someone say …. Are your sure you haven’t lost too much weight??
    Won’t it be nice to reply How nice of you to notice … but i haven’t quite reached my ultimate goal yet?

HUGS πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi pop pet ini,

Many thanks.

I think I am wired wrong.
    Everyone can Zumba, I can’t.

I have to split my body into two, through the bully button.

I learn the steps for my legs.
    I learn the movements for my arms.
    I then put the two together.

I have a wii thingy.
    When I switch it on, I have a dining room chair near me, so if I need to sit down, I do.

I LOVE the pause button, it’s my favourite, it means, hang on a minute until I catch my breath or untangle my legs, the off I go again,.
    NO ONE Has told me, and I don’t think they would dare… to tell me it has to be done in one portion.

While you are sitting on the settee or chair, are you waving your arms,
    Wriggling your toes
    Pulling in your tummy,
    Squeezing your bum cheeks together
    These all all movements in muscles we don’t often use, but we are still sitting down.
    But
    Listen to your body.
    It will tell you if it needs a time out, or to be left alone.

If I can do it, you can. I am a big old bird, you are probably a little fluffy chick,
    Keep positive,
    Keep it fun,
    Keep just wriggling around

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi shal I mar.

I don’t say
    Won’t
    I say
    It will be…….
    I know as a fact that I will be lighter this Christmas than last
    Fact I am fitter this Christmas than last.

So
    Please
    Give me a line that starts with
    I will be……….

Beacause where this is a WILL there is a WAY. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
    Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by LindaA
    on

Thank you Lucia, you are so rightπŸ˜€πŸ‘
    I now feel that I am at my ideal weight and I’m not intentionally trying to lose more, I’m just playing around with carbs and calories to find to ideal level do that I can maintain.
    I still read your posts every day as that is a huge motivator for me not to go back to the way I was before, so thank you again.
    Keep going, you won’t know yourself by Christmas.
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by shalimar
    on

Your wish is my command LUCIA darling

I will be 199 pounds by December 10
    or
    I will be less than 199 pounds by December 10

I will be full of energy
    I will be full of love
    I will be healthy
    I will be fit
    I will love Lucia and everyone here Γ§ause i already do!!

HUGS πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• posted by Sandie
    on

Evening Lucia,
    You are so right regarding feeding other people. There are feeders. Sorry but in the past I have been guilty of that. I didn’t it mostly when beening “good” on a low fat diet. I feed up my OH and kids. Back in the kitchen after my “Oh but aren’t I good” lowfat meal I would be eating more cheese, more biscuits and another slice of cake.

Now I wouldn’t dare cheat on myself. My OH is learning when enough is enough and I am no longer a pusher of food.

In my head I am trying to plan Christmas food. Now that is another time when I have been a pusher of food. We shall definitely start with prawns and salad with a dressing rather than a bought in cocktail sauce and its hidden staches and sugars. There will be some made vegetable soup for those that want it. We shall have a turkey dinner but without umpteen different servings of potatoes. What about pudding? Usually my sil will make us one. This year it is down to me. I will search out a sensible recipe and not make too big a Christmas pudding. With 14 sitting down to dinner we won’t then be eating a great deal of pudding. I will serve cream not starchy custard.

The plan is coming together.

Onwards and downwards.
    Sandie

• posted by Poppetini
    on

Lucia – thank you so much for the ‘poem’ about Zumba-ing. I have saved it on my phone, and it really cheered me up.

Movement can be anything – from those marching by their beds trying to improve their day to day movement with ME and the like, to squeezing those bum cheeks as you say.

I’m more a fan of dancing round the kitchen when no-one’s home – as then my lack of graceful co-ordination goes unnoticed … except by the dog, who leaps around with me, with gentle nips here and there …

And, of course, my new found jogging … yesterday it changed from a painful and improbably ‘stumbling’ feeling to an actual I can lift my legs more easily ‘jogging’ feeling. So very exciting.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Spooked everyone out today.
    Actually smiled at the scales.
    A little bit lighter again today….

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Maybe we should have … hug an appliance day sometime.
    Long time since I hugged the scales
    πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
    Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by josie53
    on

well done Lucia

• posted by Kiwicarol80
    on

Hi All
    I’ve been following the thread for a while now and thought it about time I put my two cents worth in.
    I want to thank everyone for your inspiration, laughs, wry observations and particularly Lucia for being so Lucia!
    My journey so far? Just completed 9 weeks and have reduced by 11 kilos or 24lbs so I’m happy with my progress. I’ve decided to continue until Xmas or until I hit 80 kg whichever comes first. I’ve got 20 kg to go till I hit that 80 when I will re-evaluate then.
    Like others I’ve discovered I can live without a slice of toast in the morning. In fact I’m contemplating giving my bread maker away as I’m likely to remain on this Mediterranean diet for the rest of my life. πŸ˜€ Best thing since sliced bread huh ?!
    Thanks again everyone
    Cheers
    Carol

• posted by Lucia
    on

So I have lost half a pound.
    Am I upset?

Nope.
    That’s a block of marg or butter.
    Not a bad weight to lose.

And it’s a loss not a gain.

And I am eating healthy.

What I have noticed, is…. I am walking less to the recycle bin, with Wrappers. Less cardboard, less sellophane, less polystyrene. Just fresh foods.
    It’s wonderful.

Have you noticed any changes like this?

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

Hey Lucia

Love the post

I’m quite proud and slightly smug πŸ™ƒgoing round the supermarket with my basket full of veg fish etc and of course Fage and blueberries! A bit sabotaged by my hubs packs of biscuits… hmm now maybe I should make him carry his own basket of sin?! Ha ha

He is eating a lot of my meals but occasionally has to get himself a takeaway curry to cope,

I was having mid diet blues today but then pictured the blocks of butter I’d lost this week and felt better so thank you.

• posted by Snoop
    on

Lucia, how are you doing? Have I missed a post saying you’re going to be exercising round the world? Or that you’ve been employed by the bus company to cheer everyone up?

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Calling Lucia! Everything ok? Missing you on here!
    Julia

• posted by Sandie
    on

Lucia knock knock you home?
    I think that I need your planning for Christmas tips. I want another stone gone and I am stuck with regards to weight loss.
    regards Sandie

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi team,
    Well I have been busy, out enjoying life, daylight and fresh air before the winter sets in.
    Lost a pound this week so still in happy bunny mode.

Building up for Monday night, when I am at my busiest, I am glad I am lighter for me getting in my broom stick and zooming around the night skies. πŸ˜„πŸ˜€πŸ˜†πŸ˜…πŸ˜πŸ˜¬πŸ˜…πŸ˜†

Been fighting with the insurance company and the builders they send.
    They have treated me like a thick female.
    They said they were going to put a lick of paint over something that needs taking down and rebuilding.
    I casually mentioned the ombudsman…… got things sorted in the end.
    But you don’t need the stress and the fight.

You don’t seem to get a good service , of people being proud to do a good job.
    Now it’s all…
    Do I have to stop texting or chatting to serve you?

Growl.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Oh,

And I had a small bread roll.
    It nearly killed me.
    I got terrible windy pops from it. I don’t like the word burp.
    Now I see why I don’t eat it any more.

Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

LUCIA i think the thought of windypops,indigestion,heartburn,bloating or IBS is what prevents me from going back to bread! Thank you for sharing,helps me stay on track.
    Must admit tho,at the market today,one stall looked very tempting piled high with crusty bread,massive scones and huge slices of apple pieπŸ˜‹
    Ps yes i agree,it DOES seem difficult to get good service nowadays x

• posted by Snoop
    on

Good to have you back.
    Watch out for shooting stars on your big night. Don’t want you getting knocked off your broomstick.
    And as for bread, I find stuff from shops is nigh-on indigestible. And I’ve stopped making bread, so no temptation at the moment…

• posted by Natalie
    on

Bread still looks very appealing to me! I bought a loaf yesterday for the family, from a baker not the supermarket but just ordinary white bread, and it called to me all afternoon until I shoved it into the freezer.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Lucia,
    Great to hear that you’ll be whizzing around faster on your broomstick. You never know, we may pass each other. I’m on a traditional broom – no Nimbus 2000 for me!
    You mentioned how the bread roll affected you – I’ve had similar symptoms – it’s a great lesson in sticking to the BSD. Interestingly, I’m fine if I eat small amounts of rolled oats, chick peas, lentils and occasionally rye bread.
    My gut definitely is happier on a low carb Mediterranean diet.
    It’s great to see you posting again. Best wishes.

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

Wow, I am going to be looking high up for a little Lucia flying by. I ate party food last weekend and could hardly wait to get back to eating properly. A whole day without a vegetable!

White bread does not tempt me – I find it always smells better than it tastes, but I would like some thick grainy toast and butter – may be next year on Sundays.

My little street is full of children and very decorated – dogs did not know what to make of the spider in the gateway next door with 6 foot legs! or the full size wolf in another doorway

Best wishes and hugs

• posted by Lucia
    on

Yup,
    Another pound lost.

But
    I have a cold. Surprisingly enough, I am not death warmed up , I am more like… oh I have a cold, okay, next….

I seem to be able to handle my cold better.

Hating the dark nights, hubby has put some jazzy lights on my bike, so determined to get out and about and exercise outside for longer.

Don’t forget, it will soon be puddle bashing season again.

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Peapod
    on

Reading all these posts is spurring me on. I am on day 4 , feeling very hungry but determined to lose weight and lower blood sugar. Like others here , I am ashamed to admit how heavy I am and was shocked when I saw last week’s holiday photos. ( Who added all that fat to my arms and chin ? Sure I didn’t see that in the mirror ! ) I have a lot to lose but having read all these supportive and humorous posts I know that with perseverance I can do it. Hoping the hunger will go and that I will have the kind of success you are all enjoying.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi pea pod,

Don’t worry about your weight, you are lighter than me.
    My weight is not in kilos or stones, mine is measured in tonnes πŸ˜€ Hence I am one big bird πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒ
    Regarding being hungry, I don’t want you to feel miserable and then give up.
    How about you cut yourself a little slack.
    How about one week if cutting out all the carbs
    The next week, do 800 calories every other day and no carbs
    Then see about doing it all in the third week.

I couldn’t do everything the first day. Look back at me in March, I did it gradually. I cut my food intake to three meals a day. Then I counted calories. Then I did the carbs.

Don’t forget , if you do a day if say… 1200 calories, do you think I will shout at you?
    Or do you think I would give you a big hug at calorie counting, carb counting, looking after yourself, getting better, getting happier , moving more?
    In fact, for starting on the path already, let me give you a πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’
    And any other little emoji that will give you a lift.

I look forward to your posts here.
    Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Pea pod.

What exercise have you started to do?

I was sssooooooou fit, I found it hard just to get off the couch into a standing position.

ONe little trick was, when watching the telly, you know the commercial breaks? I move, first, I used to just walk on the spot, then do lunges up and down the lounge. I looked like monty pythons flying circus. Then I did beginners yoga, or balancing on one leg, or trying to touch my toes. If I got knackered, I just flopped back onto the settee.
    But as it was during the commercials I had a set time. Then a time to recover, then do a little more.

Have a look at how I walked up and down my stairs, with a chair at each end. Rested then off I went.
    Read how I went for walks, sitting on walls, bus shelter seats, anything to catch my breath , change colour from purple to pink then off I would go again. etc.

So pea pod, don’t forget, a pea is a seeed, from which beautiful things will develop and grow from. I love your choice of name.

Love Lucia

Xxxx

• posted by Snoop
    on

Lucia, have you ever thought about being a motivational speaker? You really are a tremendous source of inspiration!

• posted by Determinedthistime
    on

Lucia – you are brilliant, so motivational xx

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Indeed, where would we be without Lucia. Today is my birthday. Doing a bsd friendly cake (no icing and just eggs, ground almonds, clementines and yes some sugar but less than recipe calls for). Almost a year in for me now and although occasionally I have gained a little weight I am able to lose it again and it’s Lucia’s thread which helps hugely in keeping me motivated. Yes I know about the health arguments and of course that’s why I am doing this. But Lucia doesn’t half help when I need a kind shove. And we all have days like that… her humanity is inspirational. I sure hope you got that job you went for some time back…. their loss if you didn’t!
    Julia

• posted by Peapod
    on

Thanks so much for the positive advice and good wishes Lucia. I agree with the others that you should be a motivational speaker !
    Weighed in this morning, have lost 6 lbs in 4 days, that has never happened before. Deviated a little today as I had my first meal out, omelette with salad and a cup of tea, I really wanted the savoury tart, frites and red wine . Going to work out the calories now.
    As for exercise, I do very little, I feel embarrassed walking along the street let alone going to a class or gym. Had a nice walk today with my other half despite aching hips so plan to increase the walking and dust off the exercise bike.
    Will be reading everyone’s postings to keep me spurred on.
    Have you all have a great week !

• posted by Sandie
    on

Lucia I am pleased to hear that your broom is working. Fly high.

• posted by josie53
    on

what about eating a teaspoon of peanut butter if you get hungry, it is very filling, if of course you don’t like peanut butter have some full fat yogurt

• posted by Peapod
    on

I didn’t realise I could have peanut butter, that would certainly help. Thanks Josie53.

• posted by josie53
    on

Peapod my diabetic nurse recommended that i do this, so have a couple of teaspoons mid morning when others are eating cake and biscuits. i guarantee you will not feel hungry.

• posted by Peapod
    on

Will try that tomorrow. I have friends coming for coffee and have baked cakes for them ( not tasting anything while I baked was torture ) so will treat myself to the peanut butter.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Pea pod,
    Me too!
    I was embarrassed but then I thought, is my health more important than
    What a stranger who I may never see ever again, thinks of my weight?

Guess what won.

I decided my fat made me look fat. Full stop.
    So, get rid of the fat.
    I walked around the room, then the house,
    Walked up and down the stairs,
    To the back garden then the front gate,
    Then repeat.

I got on my bike, the blubber of my bum, not only poured over the sides of the seat , it looked as if it was surgically implanted???!!!
    Slowly, I cycled, bit by bit,
    Inch by inch.
    When you lose a pound, find something that weighs the same, now lift it in the air and try and hold on it it, away from your body.
    You cannot hold it for long as its so heavy. That’s when the penny dropped for me. A pound of blubber off my body is a HUGE help to my health.

Peapod, I went from knackered to, hey I can survive in the gym, in a short space of time.
    But
    You gotta do something all the time.
    Whilst watching the telly, lift your arms, wiggle your toes, lift a leg up an inch.
    Squeeze your bum cheeks together.
    It’s still moving, it’s still burning blubber, it’s at my level. Just keep doing something.

I got a wii machine, it was hilarious, there is a gym programme where you step off the step, punch a bag step on.
    I still cannot do it. It’s like a boxing gym?
    I can’t do the right arms or the right step.
    There is another one, in a school hall,doing steps, clapping hands, etc. I have never, ever got a perfect yet!
    So what, I still do it.

Keep going, keep trying, keep wiggling,
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Peapod
    on

Josie, I bought peanut butter today and made the teaspoonful last a rather long time , it was just what I needed to stave off the hunger pangs. Thanks for the tip.
    Lucia, your post made me laugh and you are right it doesn’t matter what people think as long as I am dealing with my health. Coffee went well today, I resisted the lovely strawberry cupcakes that I had baked and my friends didn’t even notice that I wasn’t eating. Tried cauli mash for the first time tonight. Onwards and upwards ! ( perhaps that should be downwards with regard to weight )

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi peapod,
    Instead of meeting the girls for coffee and cake, how about meeting them for an autumn walk in the woods?
    You are still able to stroll and walk, but
    You are miles away from temptation.

I know what it’s like to be hungry on the diet,
    I stood , looking into the window on the oven, shouting for the chicken to hurry up and cook, omg!!
    I got out of the situation by having a drink and getting out of the kitchen.

I find that doing a bit of house keeeping , maybe moping the floor,
    Sorting the shoe rack out etc gives me a timed task to do.

It’s great being on this side of experience with the diet.
    It was tough starting it, have a read how I couldn’t work out how to weigh a dollop of yogurt, it went on for days until one bright spark said to me….. you can have the whole little tub you know…..
    Doh!
    Keep going, keep happy, keep smiling

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Sandie
    on

Lucia, you are so right. One step at a time. One pound at a time. With regards to food good meal choices start with planning and shopping. Be gentle with yourself. Love yourself. Do it for yourself.

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

It’s funny the things that help but when I was feeling disappointed at only losing one pound I thought of Lucias wise words and went and got a pound of butter out of the fridge, holding that in my hands made me realise how significant every single pound is!

• posted by Snoop
    on

Love the idea of picking up a pack of butter. So far, I’ve lost 7.3 kg. Sometimes I think it’s not much in comparison with the amounts other people are losing. But, what a heck of a lot of blocks of butter! A very positive image. Thanks, as always, Lucia.

• posted by Peapod
    on

Thanks Lucia. Have just been out for a walk on my own ( hard with nobody to hide behind ) and really enjoyed it. Rewarding myself with a glass of water.
    Good idea to go out with friends for a walk instead of coffee and cake, will suggest that next time.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi pea pod,
    Why don’t you go bowling, ice skating, tap dancing, yoga knotting, hire a bike, join a walking group, with your friends?
    Go the cinema, go the theatre.
    I used to live in Chesterfield, they have a tiny theatre called the pomegranate.
    I went to the comedies.
    I laughed so much, I was in pain from the muscle ache.
    One chappie, called Darren, was so funny.
    He did one series on the telly, he stood in for Noel Edmunds… are you smarter than a 10 year old.
    He was brilliant.

We are brain washed that we have to meet friends for coffee and cake. NO YOU DONT! And it’s rude to talk with your mouth full?,!
    Do a doing thing, not a eat and get fat thing.
    I know, been there, done that, I printed the t shirts!!

Find things you can do, without shoving food in your mouth, you will be surprised, I was. I did find it hard to start off with, but once you get the jist of it, you will be surprised what is in offer.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

Please log in or register to post a reply.