My eight weeks….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Aw come on Lucia……scare them properly!!!!

I’m wearing leopard print leggings….. at this very moment….honestly 🙂

• posted by Sandie
    on

Caramba you’re a pussy cat

• posted by Lucia
    on

So, back in the path.
    Still moving, still learning.

In the daily mail, recently, there have been bs diet articles.
    Have a read on the website.

What’s The weirdest thing you have learned on the diet?

I will tell you mine if you tell my yours.

Love Lucia

• posted by Snoop
    on

That I like butter and cheese more than I like chips and cream cake. That would amaze my family, especially my mum, for sure.

Plus, that I can actually do this. Now that is weird. In June next year, by which time I should be at a healthy weight, what will change? What won’t? Will I stop biting my finger nails?

• posted by Lucia
    on

The weirdest thing for me
    And I really mean it is…
    I like to go out cycling, or gym-Ing , or basically shaking the blubber about.

The next is…
    I can live without my cereals of a morning. When I realised that, it felt like I had discovered the world was round and not flat.

The next is …
    You can jazz up a salad.
    You can make it sexy.
    I used to think it was just lettuce and tomato. If I felt exotic I would put onion on.
    Now I have
    Lettuce
    Celery,
    Spring onions
    Tomatos beef
    Or cherry toms
    Or yellow toms
    Peppers,
    Pineapple
    Strawberry
    Carrots just a little
    Cabbage shredded just a little
    Radishes
    Pickles
    Gherkins
    Shall I go on?

So let’s have some more weird discoveries

Keep shaking it all about.

Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Snoop
    on

What, no avocado on your salad? 🙂

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

LUCIA i am amazed that i can now live without toast in the morning! AND cereal,which i could eat any time of day or night..specially Cheerios ! x
    SNOOP i can no longer bite my nails.Theyve grown so strong and glossy. I think its coz of the extra calcium from full fat yoggy.I now have a new horrid bad habit of chipping my nail varnish off while watching films!😐😐😐 xx

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Age 52, diagnosed T2 ten weeks ago with slightly high blood pressure and cholesterol. Started at 23st 7lb and went on BSD eight weeks ago, now down to 20st 13lb (new stone Yeah!).

Went to see GP this morning, Blood pressure and cholesterol well into normal and he agreed that no meds for now with the proviso that I hit 18st something by end of Jan and 16st something by end of April. Scarily this means my total loss will need to be at leat 92lb and probably realistically around 100lb to give a bit of wriggle room
    , so a bit scary, but the alternative is worse!

Although this would notionally leave me with a BMI of around 27/28 but I have a large frame and still carry a fair bit of muscle mass.

Really sensible discussion. We talked about fat content in the diet and my estimate is that 60% comes from “full” fat. He did suggest that possibly reducing it to 50% and upping the protein content to compensate might be an idea. Sounds OK – a bit less cheese and a bit more fish won’t be a problem for me!

So 2nd eight weeks starts tomorrow! – Off for a quick walk then to make Korean taco with Chinese leaves replacing the Taco shells – definitely developing a taste for spicier foods.

• posted by Flash21
    on

Hey Lucia,

Glad to see someone else who puts pineapple in their salads! I also like some unsalted peanuts or cashews (but only a few) as for me they help to replace the crunchiness part that I lost when I realised croutons would have to go 🙂 I also add spinach leaves, avocado, pea shoots, jalapenos, grapes (only occasionally) and sometimes a seed mix or bacon bits. Once I’ve got the basics sorted, I prefer salad cream to mayo and then like to have either chicken, halloumi, feta, deli meats or a crustless quiche alongside it. Goodness, I am HUNGRY now!

Well done Jules on your loss and move into the new stone bracket! You can definitely hit your 16st goal by April if you keep on going. Korean tacos sound delicious!

• posted by Snoop
    on

Jules, that was an interesting read. So, you reckon that 60% of your diet comes from full fat. And your cholesterol is now well into the normal range. Just goes to show that dietary fat isn’t a significant contributor to cholesterol levels. Brilliant. Thanks for posting that, as I have been a bit worried about how many of my calories come from fat (about 50% so far today, though most days it is quite a bit less).

Yowzer, if I stop biting my fingernails due to this diet, it will be the biggest and weirdest miracle of all!

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Snoop

if you SEARCH for ‘Fat Intake” you will see a recent interesting thread all about the percentage of fat within the BSD when you reduce the carbs by cutting out refined carbs as we’re doing. We are all still very much affected by the advice re fat we’ve been given over the years….

Good luck re the fingernails!!!

• posted by Sandie
    on

The weirdest thing that I have learnt on the BSD is that my husband is now paying attention to what he is eating. He has lost just over a stone and is heading to 17st. He has said that, “I have had enough to eat” and he has said, “I am thinking about what is on my plate” and he has said, “If it tastes real good that I don’t need so much to eat.” And he has also said, “I have never eaten so much fish.” Yes Lucia all of that is weird.

• posted by LouLou007
    on

Hi,
    I have been lurking (stalking) the forums on this site for a while and I was wondering if you would mind if I joined here? Lucia I have now read just about your whole story in the last week or so and I have enjoyed your posts hugely. Such a positive inspiration!

Currently having a prep week prior to OH and intend starting on the 800C lifestyle change next. I’m newly retired and 63 years old (though that sounds way too old to me – its like weight, if I don’t look in the mirror I mostly feel fine) and need to loose 16 – 20 kg (sorry I’m Aust and been using Kg, mL etc for most of my life). OH is joining me on the plan, mainly to support me but he needs to loose 10kg too. Monday is D-day. Mondays are such a good day to start something. Always keen, determined and strong on Mondays!

Good wishes to all in their journeys, keep supporting each other and learning along the path to new health.

• posted by josie53
    on

HiLouLou007 i am also 63 and have never lost any serious amount of weight ever, but you will find this diet very easy, i started in June and have lost 25lbs, almost at 2 stone, so amazing for me. If you can google the Daily Mail there are some good recipes on the health beat Diabetes page. Good luck

• posted by Sandie
    on

Hi LouLou007. I am sixty two and three-quarters. Enjoy your new start in life. It is great that your husband will be with you from the outset. Support each other and travel this new journey together. X Sandie

• posted by tigs
    on

Hello all

Day 6 started with migraine but pill and off to work even though the duvet called.

Head cleared and solid day of work done and dusted.

It’s Friday here made it to dinner time having had 2 soft boiled eggs at lunch (a fast day from the old 5:2 regime for me really). Have mapped a full week beautifully within 800 and tonight is 2 reds and homemade sourdough pizza, all within limits. Yes I know the carbs are up there but have decided Friday is treat night, wine and all as friends come round and they don’t know I have surreptitiously weighed and calculated everything within a inch of its life haha! Wine too. Drinking hot water until they arrive and then presto, red wine glass full (had had 100 ml and now 150 to go). Need to drink v v slowly!!

Weight is coming off rapidly week one and loving not feeling hungry. Have 20kg to shift. Wonder how long it will take.

Love this thread! Have been reading for days and really want to join you all.

We have a TV ad running – Bring on the Weekend, sing song voice. My space right now.

Hope your day is awesome

tigsxx

• posted by tigs
    on

Overdid the pizza by about 6 more bites – 877 cals all up so I’ll take that. Trade off of higher carbs for less protein and fat. A good end to the week though and hoping I can do that on a Friday or Saturday when it’s pretty social

Exercise focus today

Hope you are doing well

tigsxx

• posted by tigs
    on

Ooh, have I posted in the wrong thread since Lucia started this one for her? So sorry…

• posted by shalimar
    on

Weirdest thing i’ve learned from the BSD so far :
    How many carbs vegetables have!!! And that’s not counting root vegetables!!

I am totally used to figuring vegetables are “free” foods … that you can eat as much as you want.

That while i’ve eaten too much … foods on the BSD … and i’ve indulged in alcohol …. and i’ve been hungry … i haven’t really craved sweets, crisps/chips, breads/pasta/rice! The food on the BSD is really getting more delicious . 🙂

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Shalimar, that is why we can ignore people who say ‘but you need your carbs’, or ‘your brain will shrivel up and die without carbs’. They only know one type of carb and that is what I call the white devil carbs. They can be educated to understand that we get plenty of really good carbs.

• posted by shalimar
    on

WELL …. I JUST USED GARLIC in my healthy soup …. I have never used garlic in a recipe!! But i need it with my healthy low carbs …. 🙂

Garlic for the first time … my brain IS working better already!! 🙂

• posted by Avila
    on

Garlic is YUMMMY

Finding lots of places to use it instead of as garlic bread …

On this plan I have discovered fish from the fish counters – though gutted some still have head and bones. Learnt to cook from that and being the one responsible for removing the bones (much easier from baked than fried fish) teaches you to eat slowly and ‘mindfully’ !!! I joke about the dog inhaling rather than eating her food at the speed it goes but as someone who is the only human in the house I have got used to eating pretty fast too – none of that conversation over the table, (I notice it when I am occasionally eating with others). So not much time for the gut to tell the brain to stop…. but eating slower now, and from real ingredients. End result is less packaging for the bins and more peelings etc for the compost!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

At one time I couldn’t live without my very low fat H….. salad cream and used to bring 5 or 6 large bottles back from the UK. Just around the time I started this plan I ran out, all my stocks had gone. Now I just love plain Greek yoghurt with a chopping of mint leaves, a squirt of lemon and crushed raw garlic. Yummy and it keeps the mosquitoes away. And my hubby

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SHALIMAR its a bummer isnt it when you realise how many carbs in veg! Yes i was brainwashed into free veg too! And its great how the Carb Monster just runs away scared when we stop eating simple carbs..after years if bullying us!
    And i commiserate with you re sciaitia…mine has been biting at my hip all day today…grrrr
    SNOOP latest blood test shows my cholesterol the best its been in ages..4.6 despite eating far more fat in the last 12 weeks. GP said its coz i am not having any trans fats..the kind of nasty fat you get in mass produced biccies and cakes and in low fat spreads and margarine..the kind thats been messed round with and processed by the food industry.
    HI TIGS and thats great that youre losing weight rapidly and incorporating fri nights and friends into your new way of eating x
    Welcome LOULOU and good luck on D Day! X

• posted by tigs
    on

Morning / evening all

Very happy with 3kg (6.6lb) and 4cm off waist after first week. A few headache and fuzzy head days as to be expected but really not hungry at all. That was the biggest surprise as any other diet I always felt like I could eat my desk! And feeling like I can still fit in a week end social night (much much less portions though) which I can look forward to. Super rapt.

I missed in the book or somewhere but I am gathering an aim is to keep carbs below 50. Is that right?

tigsxx

• posted by shalimar
    on

Did CHAIR YOGA this morning. Instructor great! Left class early to run to bathroom …. think dry sinuses didn’t help.

Did you know that you can’t kill Kale!!! I had some chopped kale i put in the soup pot at the same time as the dried lentils … lentils are soft, kale is still tough!!

• posted by Lucia
    on

So team,
    How are we all doing?

I have to tell you something about the bs diet, how it has affected me in the most unusual way…..
    I have the confidence or nerve or back bone,….. to apply for a top job????,!!!!!😶😶😶😶😶😶😶😶😶😶😶

I don’t know where it has come from.

Previously as I was so big and out if condition, I didn’t think anyone would want me, I also previously couldn’t be bothered to GO FOR IT.

It doesn’t matter if I don’t get it.

It’s just, well, I think I am worth it.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

and
    This week I have lost three pounds.
    😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

So, when I say,…does my bum look big in this.
    I can reply….. not so much.

So keep going , I didn’t let one gain of a pound last week upset me.
    Hubby said it was wind… eh?

Three pounds in one week.
    I haven’t killed myself. It’s been great.
    I am mindful still, over every time I eat.

How are you all doing?

Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

So,
    I have a question for you all.
    And I do want to hear from each and everyone if you.

What’s the oddest exercise do you do.

What do you do now., with exercise that you couldn’t do before
    Or you couldn’t ever contemplate before?

Mine is…
    I try all different things to keep interested and stimulated.

From hoolahoop.
    Juggling 2.3 even 4 balls
    Hop scotch
    Weights in the gym
    Puddle bashing.

I look for something really cheap, like the bat and ball in Poundland.

So team, what’s yours?

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by LainieUK
    on

Well done Lucia!!

I went for an interview this week and finally was able to wear one of my lovely suits. I felt fabulous and so much more confident than when I’ve had to cobble clothes together. Like you, I don’t care if I don’t get it because I love the new confident me.

Elaine xx

• posted by LainieUK
    on

Avila

I love fish as well and I’ve discovered how nice it is with a pat of herb butter – I’ve always thought that I couldn’t afford the calories but now I’m not eating any junk I can afford it. My next step is to make my own.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Oh and something else.

I have told you how fat and ill and unfit I was.
    It was too much to get myself just off the couch,
    Then walking around the house,
    Then kept moving
    Kept walking
    Kept dancing as I dried the dishes,
    Kept pushing, inch by inch.
    Now I cycle to the gym, do 30 mins in the room with the rowing machine, cross country machine, treadmill etc
    The 30 mins in the wright room
    Then in the pool, if I am not swimming a length, then I hold the side of the pool and do stretches or excercises, in the water.
    Oh and by the way, all the snobby brilliant swimmers all tutted at me when I did a width really really slowly to start with. Now the gutters are my friends.
    Then I cycle home the long long way.

Now I told you, at he beginning I couldn’t do the diet cold turkey.
    I had to break the wall down into bricks.
    Shall I change just one meal a day to start with?
    Shall I count the calories if one meal a day and keep it to 300?
    Shall I try just salad or veg for one meal a day?
    Shall I cut the carbs in one meal a day.
    Now I am eating with bs diet way for 80% of the time.
    I am not perfect, I am human.but I have noticed my tastes have changed.
    I went into a takeaway shop, and had to rush back out as it smelt so greasy it made my tummy flip!!

So team, whether you are thinking about starting or one day one, or about seven months in like me, just keep going.

But I never told you my blood work figures, my tablets that I had to take. My symptoms.
    I decided not to prattle on about that junk.
    They were in the corner of the room but I did not give the valuable time here on the blog.
    Slowly they faded into nothingness.
    The only mention I did, was to acknowledge I am off all medication.
    I didn’t do a song and dance over it. I didn’t love them. I wanted them to divorce me, to pack their bags, to leave me forever, to walk down the road and forget my address.

I have the same attitude with my blubber, I have only mentioned the size 26 that was elasticated and too tight.
    Do I got a baseball bat and mentally beat the living daylights out of each pound.
    I was angry with the blubber, it made my life hell, made me ill, made me not live life to the full.
    So I take each pound. I think if it as a glob of ugly yellow slimy dense smelly shap the size of a paperback book.
    I visualise me beating seven shades of ¥$><<~%€$¥ out if it,, it gets smaller and smaller until it’s gone. It feeds off me being unhealthy, but when I cycle or dance or move, it screams and shrinks, smaller and smaller.
    (Yes I know a shrink would have field day with me).
    I try to show that it isn’t an essential part of me, that it is a parasite hanging on to me sucking the life out if me. So when I exercise, I imagine me with a baseball bat, bag! Take that, wack, take that!! Etc.

Some people may find it easier and less disturbing, to visualise themselves in a size 12.
    I need the aggression as motivation.

So what’s the next step?

Building my self confidence, building the inner me. I have been hiding in this fat suit for far too long. It’s time to step out into the sunshine and feel the warmth in my face……..

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Well done Lucia!!!!!!

Good luck with the interview – you are SO worth it 🙂

And inspirational. But you do that just in your spare time. You must be PHENOMENAL inspiring people at work.

🙂 🙂 🙂

• posted by Lucia
    on

Yes, I have been thinking again.
    Just going to have a yoghurt and calm down.

As you can see I was in a hell of a mess.
    I am getting there now.
    Keep going, keep moving, keep happy.

Oh and 14 weeks to Christmas,
    I have a promise to keep.

Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Chair yoga.
    Sounds cool.
    Will give it a try.
    I do lu-oga.
    Short for Lucia yoga.

I watch the yoga on you tube.
    I copy it but only the bit below the belly button.
    Then I copy the bit just above the belly button.
    After a few days I put the two halves together. Then it is a yoga position.

AGain, I break it down to my size, my ability.

Love
    Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Doing these on the bus.
    The woman next to me, was reading giver my shoulder or arm.
    She couldn’t do exercise she tells me.
    RIGHT!!!
    Red rag to a crazy bull.

I got her to wiggle her eyebrows,
    Now her nose, I did it with her,
    Now open your mouth wide and close,
    Stick your tongue out and in.
    Blow your cheeks out
    Repeat.
    So then I said…. you have just given your face a workout at the gym.
    Now let’s do one arm.
    Stretch fingers out, make a fist, repeat,
    Bend the elbow.
    Listen to your body.
    Now your shoulder,
    See how far forward you can reach,
    Now back
    Now up
    Repeat.
    You have just given your arm a work out and you are sitting in the bus.
    So tell me again you can’t exercise?

Got the whole single decker bus exercising and we also sang… if your happy and you know It wiggle your foot, 🎼🎹🎼🎼🎼🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶〰〰

Do not ever tell me the word CANT because I say you CAN and have a cup of T to celebrate

Have a great evening everyone.

And start by wiggling your eyebrows.
    See how far you can go.

Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Nettle
    on

Well done Lucia

I guess this gives the word conductor on the bus a whole new meaning. What a hoot, I’d love to ride the bus with you as the wheels on that bus go roundandroundroundandround.

I am exercising my fingers doing this.
    Nettle.

• posted by LouLou007
    on

Thanks for the welcome Josie 53, Sandie and Yowzer49.
    Tigs well done on your 1st week’s weight loss – hope to emulate you in a week’s time.
    One thing that I really want out of this is to be able to buy a pair of ski pants that fit me round the waist but are NOT a metre too long! Has anyone else noticed that clothes always expand in all directions? The neck or length of the arms of a T-shirt or top are way too big by the time you have one that fits your chest or stomach? I haven’t been skiing in 5 years (I was really uncomfortable then) and I want to go.
    We don’t have a particularly bad diet or lifestyle. I have been picky about our food for a lot of years – very little fast food (1X a month), lots of veg. But we do have our weaknesses (mine is chocolate and OH’s is crisps). Our main problem is portion control – we just eat too much and too much carbohydrate. We do move a reasonable amount, about 7-10K steps a day. The weight has just slowly, quietly increased while I was doing other things – working, bringing up my 2 sons, studying, getting a divorce – and I didn’t notice it.
    No that’s not true I did notice, I was just too busy and I “didn’t have time”.
    I’m hoping for the BSD to provide some relatively quick weight loss and especially to train us in portion control! I am pretty determined on this because the real goal is to stat alive and be healthy for a lot more years.
    Last week I practiced drinking 2L of water a day, did the 5:2 and tried to keep portions down (not so successful with the last – sigh). OH finds drinking so much water a bit of a problem. I have planned a complete week’s menu, done the required shopping and we are ready to go.
    Today is mine and OH’s BSD D-day!
    Here goes!

• posted by LouLou007
    on

Hi All,
    I’m a bit preoccupied with this at the moment – hopefully it will become more of a habit as time goes on.

Our official, agreed goals now are;
    ⎯ To lose weight: [me; 20kg (44lbs – omg that sounds like a LOT once I calculated your conversion!) from my heaviest. OH 8kg – I hope he’ll lose 10kg ;-}} ].
    ⎯ To get healthier: I want to get off BP medication and get my BG well into the normal range.
    OH says 5 years ago his stats were fine so he doesn’t need to have them done again (yes I know,…….. and you know……. But at least he is willing, and even keen, to join me in the BSD and to lose his belly fat. I hope that will stave off most problems and eventually he’ll have to go to a GP (General Practitioner) for something and hopefully the routine tests will be done.
    ⎯ To get fitter: I agreed to go to Tai Chi with OH a few years ago so recently I used that to “convince” him to come with me to my pilates class. We walk our Kelpie dog (Australian sheep dog – black with blonde eyebrows, muzzle and paws “Dizzee”) 3Km most days (she does 2X that and the last bit includes a lot of ball throwing and fetching as well). We are now planning to walk up our local “mountain” 2X week and build to 3-4 times. Most other places in the world this would be called a hill or a knoll or something – Aus is pretty flat. We did it yesterday, sunny, rather than today, rainy, and my Fitbit tells me its equivalent to 81 flights of stairs and 7k steps. It still feels like I have done that! But we did make it. A few days to recover.
    Hope everyone has had a good weekend (today was a public holiday here).
    Keep strong.

• posted by Sandie
    on

Lucia , a job? What kind of job. I have a small casual job at the moment for our local council and it involves walking. Yeh. I get paid to do my exercises.

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

Lovely Lucia I want to be on your bus, but even more I want to congratulate you on the meds – or lack of them
    I am wiggling my nose and exercising my fingers!

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi LouLou007
    How has your first couple of days gone?
    Don’t let headaches etc put you off in the first week, just drink more water and take a couple of Panadol. It won’t last long.
    I’m in Australia too, what city are you in?
    I’m at the ‘other’ end of my BSD journey. I started in April and reached my goal weight of 63kg on 2 September after losing 26kg, so I’m now on maintenance. In saying that, I’m still losing and and am now down to 61kg, so I’m currently figuring out how many calories it will take for me to maintain without adding sugar and the nasty carbs back into my diet.
    If you have any questions at all, just ask, there’s always someone to help out.
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi gang,
    I start work later now.
    I leave home at 7am and get home at 8pm now.
    I have to fit in housework, prepping meals , exercising and more importantly … living and having FUN.

If I get the other job I would be home at 5:30pm……..

Hmmmmm….

Yogurt and an apple for lunch today.
    Salad for breakfast, weird, I know.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Flash21
    on

Lucia, your posts make me smile so much! I love the idea of you getting people on the bus to exercise 🙂

GOOD LUCK for your job interview. From what I’ve read, they’d be stupid not to take on someone like you! Keep us posted.

• posted by Nettle
    on

Hi LindaA
    Tomorrow I head over to Oz to boost the economy on a new wardrobe run. We lived on the Gold Coast for 10 years and feel the need for white sand, sun and surf again. Need to buy bathers on arrival because my others are being used by Bedouins as a tent. I have little idea of what it’s like to be cruising the 12-14 racks, I do know they always seemed to have a lot more choice on them that the 18-20. I guess 10k steps will be easy after a day in the mall.

I started BSD a month before you, have lost 19kg and while sitting happily at 68 which took my BMI to normal, I lost another 2kg not even trying. I am not going to worry about getting it right whilst on holiday because I now only want to eat well anyhow. The little extra loss is wriggle room…what suprised me was that as the extra bit melted off I didn’t get as excited as in the early days when a little loss had me doing the happy dance around the bathroom. With my hand luggage and me fully dressed I am so way under my old weight the airlines should thank me for saving tons of fuel.
    Heres to the Lucky Country.
    N.

• posted by Jenni from the Block
    on

Linda you have made my day with your Bedouin tent referral re bathers. I have a new aim, to be able to say the same thing. Just the lift I needed as struggling a bit in week 6.

• posted by Nettle
    on

Hi JftB

I’m the Bedouin’s home supply outfit. 😃

What BLOCK? Not the fixi it up and hock it off block is it?
    Keep strong old frog, week 6 is a grand achievement and worth the work. I thought to give it a go for a few weeks to see and just stayed on…Feeling great now and I know I have the tools to keep on the straight and narrow. The only bad day I had was day three when the carb flu thing was full on, however I was lucky next day, it went and stayed away. So many things improved almost Stat that it is incredible. Now when I read the threads of newbies to this site I smile and nod sagely.

Off now to practice my best Ostray-yun ack-scent so they will let me back in “no worries.”
    Nettle,.

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hey Nettle
    The weather is lovely here at the moment and warming up day by day. What’s your itinerary?
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Nettle
    on

Hi Linda

Itinerary as explained to my mates here is: shopping, swimming, walking on the beach, shopping, swimming walking on the beach. I am a coastal girl but live in the mountains in the middle of the land now so I miss the edge. It should be warm too right, but not overly as it will be for you soon! Over the years I have spent quite a bit of time in Sydney, one of the best harbours in the world. Both my sister and my daughter have lived there.

How are your friends and family reacting to the new you, how are you reacting to the new you? Sometimes the lightness is a curious thing huh?

N.

• posted by Sandie
    on

Lucia you were resently talking writing about your salads and how you like to make then a bit more exofic with fruit etc. Have your tried leeks? I wash then chop in very thin rings then add them to my tossed leaf salad and then top with half a dozen grapes which I have cut in half. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Tasty.
    Have you had any unusual breakfasts since following the BSD?
    Enjoy your day Lucia. warm regards Sandie

Please log in or register to post a reply.