My eight weeks….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi, I’m the wrong side of 200pounds. Feeling my age and fed up sitting at work then sitting at home.
    I am ready.
    This week I have weighed myself and changed plates. I eat from a side plate and not a dinner plate.
    I am not counting the calories this week, that’s next week.
    I gave stopped eating chocolate, crisps, biscuits cake etc.
    So for example, yesterday I had a small bowl of cornflakes. A home made wholewheat wrap with turkey and lettuce, an apple, and in the evening chicken, cauliflower, broccoli and carrots.
    I am proud of myself.
    I couldn’t convert straight onto 800 calories from what I was eating. So here I come. I will be 8 hundred-ing next week.
    This is my 1st ever post. Hope to hear from you all with tips etc.
    Love Lucia. Xxxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Welcome to the forums Lucia. You should be proud of yourself it sounds as if you have taken a huge step in the right direction! ๐Ÿ™‚ There are lots of tips on here. Have you read the book ‘8 week blood sugar diet’? You will have to ditch the carbs, I’m afraid, but there are lots of delicious recipes in the book and on this website. There are tips for packed lunches – dips and veg, frittata, chickpea flour flatbreads (very low carb) which you can use for wraps and salads with egg/tuna fish/chicken etc.
    You will see the extra weight just melt away if you stick to this.
    Remember it is really important to drink 2 to 3 litres of water a day.
    If you feel a bit headachy in the first couple of days just drink plenty of fluids and perhaps take a paracetamol.
    Good luck ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi, Hashimoto,
    Thank you for your welcome!
    Seeing that in one evening I would eat a Chinese takeaway, and two family sized bags of chocolate and a family sized bar and bags of crisps. And still want to rummage around for something else…..
    So me changing to just three meals, no junk and trying to control myself. That is enough for me to deal with this week.
    I don’t drink coffee or tea. I only drink hot water. Probably 2 to 2.5 pints a day. I may have a Pepsi once a week. A glass of cider maybe six times a year. Weird isn’t it? Great on the liquids, rubbish on the solids?
    I, like so many others, have read the posts here. I think I was building up the courage, or getting into the right mind set, or just realising the damage I am doing to myself. Or was it that my waistbands are so tight I am being cut in two?
    I am moving more this week. I am walking to the bus stop instead of hubby dropping me off. I am getting of the bus one stop away from work. So I can walk a bit.
    Yes, I am now readings the book, (if you are reading this Dr Mosely, a big thank you for this wake up call xxxx)
    Love Lucia. Xxxx

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Lucia
    You have already taken a massive step by deciding to do something about your weight.
    If you need to ease yourself into it that’s ok.
    You may get the odd side effect but the forum is full of advice on dealing with them.
    Any problems just shout, there’s always someone around to help.
    Hope to see a very happy post from you in a weeks time.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

WOW Lucia, then what you ate today is a MASSIVE change! Amazing, well done! That must have been pretty tough. You are going to see big changes in your weight and well being quickly. Looking forward to your posts x

• posted by Lucia
    on

So the first thing I need is simple , easy to make breakfasts please.
    I am up at 6:20 am and I am not at my best, I need to sort it the night before.
    Any suggestions please?
    I think I need to get away from cornflakes and weetabix. Did I hear someone has salad for breakfast?
    Love Lucia xxxxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Lucia I usually have a tub of fage yoghurt with a few berries. Only work is to pull the top of the yoghurt pot lol. I find the full fat version quite satisfying. If you make a frittata on the evening it could be your breakfast for 2 consecutive days. x

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Lucia,
    You could also make your shake the night before and just add the flaxseed meal before you drink it. The green tea and blueberry one is delicious and very filling. I substitute strawberries or blackberries sometimes too as blueberries are a bit more expensive. I also add psyllium to it as it helps the digestion and makes the shake a bit thicker. You can’t save any of the shake for later though as the psyllium sets it like jelly after 15 mins or so. I also have fruit and yoghurt, again sprinkle the psyllium and flaxseed on that.
    Microwave scrambled eggs take a couple of minutes, quick and easy. You could beat them up the night before and leave them in the fridge. Add a bit of grated cheese after cooking and you’ve got a big protein and fat boost to fill you up till lunch.
    The mushrooms and baked beans are filling too. Cook the mushrooms the night before and put the beans on top ready to microwave in the morning. I only use 100 g of beans so that it’s a breakfast not a brunch size serve. Looks like a small serve but keeps me happy from 7 till about 1 pm.
    You are making fantastic changes, hoping to hear of all your successes very soon ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Scotgran
    on

Hi Lucia
    I’m a big fan of the no carb Bircher in the book. You could weigh out the nuts and flax the night before when you are soaking the raisins then just add the yogurt in the morning.

• posted by Scotgran
    on

I also love the blueberry green tea shake and like you I ring the changes. Sometimes I make it with red bush tea and strawberries. I’ve not tried psyllium might hunt for that when I next do the shopping.

• posted by Boog23
    on

Hi All:

I love the meal suggestions in this thread and plan on trying many out. This is very useful as I am in the U.S and won’t have access to the book until 22 March. I had to look on the internet to find out what a ‘Bircher’ is; it sounds good and simple. I am sure there are recipes on the internet, but I would love to get a simple one first hand from the forum if someone would be so kind!
    thanks,
    Jeff

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Jeff,
    Welcome to the forums, you might be able to access the recipes from the Daily Mail UK website if you google the BSD. There is a series of articles which included the eight week plan and recipes. Should keep you going until your book arrives.
    The no carb Bircher is
    1 tblspn raisins
    50ml apple juice
    2 tblspns ground flaxseed
    2 tblspns plain yoghurt
    Pinch of ground cinnamon
    1 tblspn walnut pieces

Place the raisins in a bowl and pour the apple juice over them. Leave to chill in the fridge for at least an hour or overnight.
    When ready to eat, mix with the ground flaxseed and the yoghurt, and sprinkle the cinnamon and walnut pieces over the top.
    Keep posting and let us know how you’re going. You will get great advice and support from others who are walking the same path ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi jeff, cherrieanne is right about the daily mail, google it as ‘8 week blood sugar diet’. Check that it has Michael Mosley’s name to the article. In the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th articles you will find the month’s worth of meal plans. I printed them off before my book arrived and I still. Refer to them because I like to see the photos of the meals. Good luck ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Boog23
    on

Cherrianne
    Thank you so much for the recipe! I am going to make it up this evening for breakfast tomorrow-it sounds delicious! Also, thanks to Cherrianne and hashimoto for the ‘Daily Mail’ suggestion-this will be a great help until the 22nd.

You are both so right about the forums, I’ve been reading them over the last couple of days and am so impressed with how helpful and supportive folks are-I am sure you all will be ‘seeing’ more of me!

until then,
    thanks for your support and cheers from Louisiana, USA

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

You are very welcome. The sooner you start, the quicker you’ll feel the benefits ๐Ÿ™‚
    If you can get the Daily Mail articles at least you’ll have the basic tools to keep you going until your book arrives. We’ll soon be hearing about the improvements in your blood sugar and weight, I’m certain.

• posted by Boog23
    on

Thank you Cherrianne for your support! I have my grocery list and will stop at the store on the way home from work this afternoon-so tomorrow is day 1 (I plan on having a healthy salad tonight).

p.s. you must know me somehow, as I have delayed starting a bit ๐Ÿ™‚

best wishes,
    jeff

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi team, another day and I haven’t given up, and I don’t want to.
    When I read my first blog, I understand it now. I was like a zombie, eating junk. Now, I can’t understand why I ate it all.
    I am now settled with cornflakes, turkey or ham with salad wrap and for the evening, plenty of veg. Tonight I enjoyed an omelette. I turned the telly off so I could taste the food.
    Now I am ready for the next level.
    I asked for ideas for breakfast, to get rid of the cornflakes. I have just written all the many examples down in a notebook. So thank you.
    I hope, by the weekend, to start counting the calories. I will get down to 800. I don’t honestly know how many I am on now.
    I was ashamed to say I was 14 stone 8 pounds.
    In only a week, I have lost 6 pounds, I am delighted as I am not on the true BS diet.
    Please keep giving me your suggestions, I need them.
    I am walking more now, in the morning, lunch and evenings. I am up to 5000 steps instead of 50 a day ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    Looking forward to 10,000 steps.
    Love Lucia xxxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi lucia, writing the meal ideas down is a splendid thought. It will make the changes so much easier for you. Good luck for the weekend and well done for increasing your steps so much. You’ll be delighted with the results of following this diet ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi,
    I have always had cereal for breakfast even with a cooked breakfast.
    I should give this up, are you mad? I will not survive, the whole world will stop and change. OMG!!!
    So I had a banana for breakfast this morning very cautiously… Guess what, I survived, the sun has come out on a frosty morning and I am here to tell the story!
    Funny how you get set in your ways for many, many years. You don’t think you can take that step.
    I just took this giant step and it’s great. I will now be able to have a choice at breakfast.
    Phew!!
    Now on to this wrap at lunchtime….. But I always have bread. I will upset the universe……… Well maybe a nice ham or chicken salad? Mmmmmmm!
    Yes I know, baby steps.
    I will be ready by the weekend for the start of my official BS 800 ๐Ÿ™ƒ
    Love Lucia xxxx

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Lucia, you’re getting there step by step, well done on ditching the cereal. I would try to replace the banana with something else, maybe a pear or berries with yoghurt as bananas do have lots of sugar.
    it’s a learning curve but an enjoyable one when you get into the swing of it.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Lucia, you have made such massive changes in your eating habits, and are doing so well.
    Even the tone of your posts have changed, so you must already be getting that sense of well being. The carbs and sugar steal your energy and zest for life don’t they? Once you give them up the difference is amazing.
    You just have a bit of tweaking to do, as you have recognised. The universe won’t be upset, the world won’t stop, but you will enjoy being in it so much more ๐Ÿ™‚
    Go girl!! Will be looking forward to the rest of your achievements.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi team,
    Just had a weird experience. Went to morrisons and stopped in the fruit, veg and salad section.
    I didn’t zoom through to the confectionery!!! What have I done?
    Fish, prawns, salad, celery, apples, chicken breasts. My trolley looked is if it belonged to someone healthy??๐Ÿ˜‡
    Looked for those 97% sausages but couldn’t see them.
    I wanted some red peanuts. I could find sliced almonds, crushed almonds, halved almonds, but no peanuts. went to the baking section, no, went to the crisps section ( the bags were asking if they could come and play. NO!), I could find bags of chocolate covered peanuts and raisins. So got a small bag of unsalted pistachios.
    Oh and I think I got full fat Greek yoghurt for breakfast tomorrow. If anyone can start me off with a brand name and if it is in tesco’s or Morrisons etc. until I know what I am looking for please.
    No chocolate, no crisps, no cakes, no biscuits, boy have I done a 180 degree turnaround?
    Ready for the weekend and starting to count the calories.
    Oh, and I found my kitchen scales in the back of a cupboard. I have washed the dust off, so ready to go.
    I am still walking trying to go a little further each time.
    Please help with my shopping, keep it simple for me though.
    Love Lucia xxxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi lucia isn’t it good to feel so virtuous! Well done you! I particularly like fage yoghurt, it’s so thick and lusciously creamy !
    Fantastic that you are fitting in more steps – you will be unrecognisable soon!
    I am still surprised that I. Seem to miss half the aisles out these days!
    Looking forward to your future posts ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Boog23
    on

Hi Lucia:

I can’t help with the shopping unfortunately as I am in the U.S. But I found your description above so endearing I had to respond. This is a great effort you’ve made! Keep it up! I’ve been on the forums for a few days but today (Thursday) is my first day on BSD. The forums have been a great help and I want to congratulate you for asking for help here.

best of luck,
    jeff

• posted by Scotgran
    on

Lucia well done on the Morrisons shop. I still have to look to the right at the gardening and kitchen stuff as it is across from the in store bakery! I bought a little plastic set of measuring spoons in Morrisons, shocking how little in a tablespoon. 79p well spent! I bought. “Bucket” of Desi whole milk yogurt set today, will let you know how it tastes. I am not fond of really thick yogurt,. I am also trying to walk a bit more and to really stride out as I normally amble about.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi jeff, so pleased you have started your new way of living today! Really looking forward to hearing how things are going for you ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Boog23
    on

Thank you so much hashimoto. I posted a bit in a new thread under ‘Welcome to the BSD’. I will be posting often as I find you and so many other folks so inspiring and helpful [and I am sure I will have a boatload of questions ๐Ÿ˜‰ ]
    I am amazed at my positive attitude about doing the BSD and think in large part it’s due to the folks in these forums.

stay great!

jeff

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Hashimoto.
    Many thanks for your reply. Yep, I am feeling pretty smug with my shopping. I have a fresh food bowl now. I have mushrooms and feta, so I am going to do something with them tomorrow evening.
    I have enjoyed reading your messages and threads, you are one of a few people that helped me take the first step.
    X
    Hi boog 23, don’t worry with not being able to help with you being the the USA?. Do you fancy a challenge?
    Shall we walk towards each other and meet in the middle? I don’t know how long it will take but wouldn’t it be fun. We will have to look up how wide the ‘pond’ is. I am walking 6500 steps a day. Soon I will get to 10,000. If you are not a walker, you can always row the way, or use a cross country machine.
    Does anyone else fancy a walk?
    X
    Hi scottgran. Yes, the bakery is my weakness too. Especially crispy crunchy bread. I don’t miss it so far. Do you fancy a walk over to boog 23, I wonder what size we will all be when we reach the middle meeting point , and more importantly, how healthy we will be.
    Love Lucia xxxx

• posted by misssay
    on

Hi Lucia,

That sounds like a fabtastic shop today (‘fabtastic’ was actually a typo for fantastic, but I think it is a great description of your lovely attitude, so I have left it in). Your sense of humour and positivity shines through in your posts. I am really looking forward to following your journey on the BSD.

• posted by Boog23
    on

Hi Lucia,

Well, I think the walk challenge is a fine idea! I’ve not been tracking my waking, but I have a tracker and will start wearing it tomorrow. We could see how far it is across the ‘pond’ , say from New York to Liverpool or Plymouth (?) and give it a go! Maybe we can start a thread for the walk?

cheers,
    jeff

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi missay, thanks!
    I felt it was too big a step from a chocoholic slob to BS 800. So this week I am slowly changing very old bad habits. I hope anyone who thinks it is too difficult, will read my comments, and take a prep week too.
    It’s great to write things here. And then read them back. I just want to tell Lucia (me) that you are a dope. You must have known it was all bad for you but you blindly carried on. I also who tell Lucia that i a proud that she has done something about it.

Missay, where are you with BS800? Are you on it, or thinking of starting?

Love Lucia xxxx

• posted by Boog23
    on

Hi Lucia:

I like what you said above about slowly changing old habits . That speaks to me as I tend to be the type that wants to go from 0 to 100 instantly. That tack, frankly, has never worked so well for me as I inevitably become overwhelmed. One of my mantras is ‘progress not perfection’. It helps me to keep in mind to be gentle with myself to counter my other tendencies. I was glad to read that you are proud of yourself for starting, you should be. You are neither ‘slob’ or ‘dope’. I get that though, as I tend to be very hard on myself. As a matter of fact, I would never talk to a friend the way I sometimes talk to myself.

We should all be gentle and patient with ourselves.

stay great
    jeff

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi boog 23,
    Thanks for your kind words but the good thing is, I can SEE the damage I was doing, I can identify the rut I was in.
    I have turned the page as it is a big day tomorrow, the Start of BS800.

I had another weird experience, I tried one tablespoon of Greek full fat yoghurt and an apple for breakfast. I thought the yoghurt would taste like flour and water paste, but it wasn’t, it was really tasty and filling.
    Crazy that you are scared to try new things because you already know you won’t like it. It’s taking that step into the unknown. What a surprise I got. It’s great. Everyone should try it.
    For lunch I am having salad and two tablespoons of cottage cheese because I fancy it.
    My evening meal will be fish done in the oven with a squeeze of lemon and a few herbs, and broccoli.
    (Listen to me! I wouldn’t recognise myself!!)
    Thanks to everyone for getting this far.
    My next questions will be how many calories are in ……
    Love Lucia xxx

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi lucia
    isn’t it amazing to try stuff that you thoght was forbidden to you and find you enjoy it so much.
    You will also be amazed at how good you feel by just changing what you eat without ever feeling hungry
    Your whole attitude to this new lifestyle is great and I just know that we are going to see some very positive posts from both you and and you too Jeff.
    Looking forward to watching you both progress through this journey.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Jeff and Lucia, wonderful posts from you two!! Both so positive!
    Lucia I felt the same about the full fat yoghurt, I can’t believe I have been missing out for years by eating low fat sugar laden junk ones!!
    Can’t wait to hear the posts about the weight coming off and the wonderful energy you will feel!!

• posted by Boog23
    on

Lucia, Great news on your beginning today! I wish you the best! Isn’t the full fat yogurt the bomb! It’s gotta be yogurt the way nature intended. I like that you are planning out your meals for the day. It encourages me to do that as I find if I get the plan in my head as in: ‘this is what is going to happen’, I tend to stick with it and feel ok about it. On the flip side, if I imagine or plan to have a dessert type food, it’s really hard to not have it. My mother always said I had a one-track mind, I guess she was right. ๐Ÿ™‚
    X

Bill1954, Thank you for your support! I have read many of your posts, you have been an inspiration!

X

Hashimoto, Thank you so much! You are the best.

Yesterday was my first day BSD Med. It went very well and stuck to my plan except for eating a bit more chickpea chili for dinner than I needed. This resulted from eating too little at lunch time as I was ravenous when I got home. I have learned something and all in all see this as a successful start.

my best to all, Jeff

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi,
    Yoghurt and apple for breakfast.
    Salad and cottage cheese at lunchtime. The salad was 24 calories.
    Carrots and chicken for tea.
    The pistachio nuts I bought last night, small bag of 100 Grams. I thought, I will have them but guess what, for the second time today, I looked at the label, the bag is 620 calories. WHAT, for that little bag, I thought they were healthy. So I have had seven little ones, not the whole bag . It just shows you.

So I think I am in the right frame of mind, I think I can cope with the change of food, I think I am able to actually realise what I am eating. Most important of all, it is not torturous, it feels nice.
    Day one, 12th March I am ready, forwards to the month of May
    Love Sue. Xxxx

• posted by misssay
    on

You’re sounding very positive and focussed there Lucia! I am nearly at the end of week 5 and can’t believe how quickly the time has gone.

• posted by blueplummy
    on

Good evening all. Can I ask if anyone has tried to log the green tea blueberry shake on MFP? Just tried to put in as a recipe and it logged 360 calories not 130 as in the book! Can anyone advise? ๐Ÿ˜•

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi missay,
    In 5 Weeks, mid April, I shall be dreaming about a size 12 dress or skirt or trousers. I want to throw away my size 20’s. I can just bearly get into an 18 but don’t ask me to breathe and I couldn’t go out in them as I can’t zip them up!

But for now, I am going to have an early night and look forward to my measure, weigh and record my body in the morning, then I aim to give myself a gift of time, to do 10,000 steps.

Have got my yoghurt for breakfast, ham salad lunch and fish with cauliflower for my evening meal.
    This evening my hubby ate three chunky kitkats with peanut butter, two bottles of beer then a family bag of cadburys twirls. Ohhhh chocolate. But I didn’t fancy it, I didn’t ask for a tiny piece. I am in the right place now. With my seven pistachio nuts.

So if you are reading this and thinking if you should do it or not, give it a go. Read my previous blogs,see that I am just a big ostrich wanting to get her head out of the sand and become a bird that can fly, to actually get off the ground. Yes, I will probably bump along the runway several times but eventually I will be up above the clouds looking at my footprints below. Come join me.
    Speak tomorrow.
    Love Lucia xxxx

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Wow Lucia, love your positive attitude and humour. You can do this and you deserve to be up there soaring with the eagles and enjoying the view ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi,
    I have been officially on the BS800 for al full 41 minutes, do I look slimmer? I think so. ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ
    Today I am 14 stones 1 3/4 pounds.
    So I am focusing on the 3/4 of a pound , I am going to make time for me. I am not going to look at the 14st 1 pound.
    Sounds crazy but I am quite excited as last week before I started my prep week it was 14st 8lb.
    My aim is to get to a size 12 but more importantly I want to have energy, do things, get away from the sofa.
    I am going to walk to my local shops about 2 miles away. I am not panicking as it is a bus route so I can always get rescued. There is a mist in the air, the snowdrops and daffodils are out, it’s calm. As I walk, I will be nosey and look at the front gardens along the way for ideas for my own garden. You can’t do that when you are driving along.

To everyone who is starting the Bs800 , come on in, the waters fine!
    Let’s do it together.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by MaryR
    on

Hi Lucia et al, a lovely thread, and the very best of luck to you over the next 8 weeks! Well done for getting started. I’m just starting week 7, 20 lbs down, another 10 to go and feeling fantastic, amazing energy, brain fog lifted, skin much clearer, sleeping better. And I haven’t really taken on board the exercise aspects yet (off to the gym this afternoon though!)

I’d just say, to anybody starting out, don’t be discouraged in the first few days if you feel lousy or are getting big cravings- that all passes in a few days.
    AND it seems to be very common, if not inevitable, that there are plateaus in weight loss, or even fluctuations in weight by a pound or two, for no good reason- it’s easy to think its all going horribly wrong. Don’t get discouraged, it all comes out in the wash and if you stick with it it WILL carry on going down.
    What has helped me here is using Cronometer, (app and on line) which tracks everything, and as well as the actual weight loss shows the trend, so that you can see that you are on track, even if there are a few blips!
    Please keep posting so we can all see how you are doing, it’s so helpful and encouraging for everyone ๐Ÿ™‚
    MaryR

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi,
    Guess what…. I hit the 10,000 at 2:20pm today. It’s that a big milestone!
    Went to Costa and instead of a toasted sandwich or lemon cake, I just had tea.
    I felt hungry walking back from the shops so had the salad when I got in.
    Hubby is having the same food ( whether he wants it or not ๐Ÿ™ƒ) I looked surprised when he said he had lost two pounds. Sssshhh dont tell him what we are up to.
    So I am now going out to Hoover and wash the car instead of driving it for someone else to do.
    How are you all doing this weekend?
    Love Lucia xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi,
    Just have fish and veg.
    Feel totally full. Previously I have never felt full. It’s wonderful!
    So only having water until tomorrow.
    I think day one went well.
    Day one of 56.
    Hope you all have had a great day.
    Love Lucia xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi,
    Just went for a wander on this website.
    Filled in the quiz. I had to work out and find out the answers first.
    I now know that last week my bmi was 33.9 and today it is 32.7. I am in the obese category. It should be 25.
    My waist is 38 inches. I am five foot five inches tall or 66 inches so my wAist should be 33 inches or less.
    I only had a metal tape measure and by jingo was it cold. Should have put it by the fire for a little while or measured outside my teeshirt. ๐Ÿค”

Looks as though I have started just in the nick of time.
    So another aim is to move my bmi from red, through orange, through yellow to that nice green colour band.

And shave Five inches from my belly. Another reason to count the calories. I am just working them out now, so I know how to plan tomorrow.

Big learning curve. HUGE, in fact.
    Now, how many calories in a stick of celery, off to google the list.
    Love Lucia xxxx

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Lucia et al. Sorry for the late welcome but I’m just back from holiday in an Internet free zone.

Congratulations Lucia, you are doing really well. I have enjoyed reading your posts and look forward to following your progress.

• posted by Scotgran
    on

Lucia you are a legend. Well done on your journey so far. Love reading your posts. You are so honest. We are all on a journey no matter our starting or intended finish line. Whether we get there or not is I think less important than our intent. Hey! We are all heading in the right direction.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Lucia reading your posts just makes my day!! I feel so happy reading of your achievements and your positivity just shines through.
    You are a breath of fresh air. Can’t wait to hear of you and your hubby’s achievements over time ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi,
    Many thanks for the replies.
    To tell you the truth, I didn’t think anyone would read my ‘stuff’ and I was just going to use it as a Dear Diary.
    Day one was good, my weight was 14 st and 3/4 pound. I had 967 calories. So I have to have more salad and less fish. No worries.
    I have now entered Day two. Feeling good. Better half has threatened to go for a walk with me …. Little does he know we were going anyway.๐Ÿ˜š Especially as I hit the 10k steps by lunchtime yesterday.
    Going for two meals today to see if I can emotionally cope.
    I was surprised to read that some people had headaches etc in their first few days, glad I did the prep week, it gently set me up for the 8 weeks.
    Maybe that is the way to go if you are totally alien to the diet system.
    When I think of the takeaway then huge bag of chocolates then crisps, pop etc, to what I ate yesterday, wow, is that a big change to my body, I am sure I would have got a headache too.

Thank you to everyone reading my weird ramblings. Come and join me on the eight weeks. Leave me a comment or even a go-girl!
    Love Lucia xxxx
    Ps have now got over the shock of the cold metal tape measure used on belly circumfrence. ๐Ÿ˜†

Please log in or register to post a reply.