My eight weeks….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Work tomorrow. Raspberry 😝😝😝😝😝😝
    Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hope still can’t remember the second thought…

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

HA
    I remembered

You know these Shakes instead of meals?

Can I have a banana flavoured complan made with water?

How do we feel about it?

Please can I have your opinions on the carbs in it ?

Grateful for your help.

Now if only I could get something for memory loss…..

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Patsy
    on

Lucia, I love the cupboard to put our head in tip!

Personally I don’t like the idea of the shakes. As far as I know they’re all sweet, so won’t help wean you off sweet foods, plus they are temporary and afterwards the temptation would be to go back to eating ‘normally’ – which is what’s made us overweight and unhealthy to start with. If we eat real food during the eight weeks, we’ll learn a lot about how much calories, carbs etc is in everything and be able to make good choices long term.

• posted by Catgirl
    on

Well done Orchid, I seriously remember having navy blur hots pants with a bib back in the day! The 70’s look is so in so go for it.

Lucia, as for Spanx I do have them but the first time I wore them was to Buckingham Palace, didn’t realise they had a gusset and put tights on over them which were down to my knees by the time I got to the inner courtyard, tried pulling them up shielded by hubby but my silk dress ended up around my waist in the effort to get the tights up, bet security staff watching the cctv had a good chuckle! I couldn’t race to the toilets quick enough to sort out my wardrobe malfunction so Spanx do not bring back happy memories!

Went out for lunch today and ordered fish (left the batter) and got salad instead of chips, still had a drool over the dessert menu but didn’t succumb.

Here’s to the new smaller size bsd’ers,

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi Lucia – nice try….. Complan per portion is 34.4g Carbs (18.2 of which is sugar) and that is without any banana added in! Calories per potion 245. Probably not?!?

• posted by orchid
    on

thank-you Catgirl and I recognise your story about spanx! The first time I wore them I did the same, fortunately it was at a family Christmas dinner so the walking was car to house, and one room to another. They were not quite at half mast by the time I got into my brothers house and it was quick trips to the loo to fix! I think that was the only time I wore them as I decided I did not like the stuffed sausage look, they do smooth out the fat – but it is still there, and I ended up losing what little shape I had and looked like an over stuffed sausage πŸ™ .

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi,
    I wanted to have some shakes as back up in a few weeks time.
    Rather mix some powder in milk in a hotel room instead of fast food. I don’t want to put back what I have lost so far. And I can’t just live off water. Salad will go weird. Cooked meat etc off.
    May just take canned food, tuna etc.

On our website and others I have found something surprising…
    Certaslim. Cal 120 carb. 12
    Slender shake. 204. 30.7
    Oatwell. 120. 29
    Lighter life 150 12.7
    Sanatergen ??? 5.8 carbs
    Complan. 243. 34.2

So for me complan seems high in carbs.
    If you fail to plan, your plan will fail.

Don’t use my figures, please research yourself.

Interesting though. Tinned food it is.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi cat girl,
    Thinking of getting some gold hot pants like kylies. Ha, that will make front page news,!!
    Love Lucia xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi,
    The kids a few doors down are letting me have a go at roller blades……
    Helmet, elbow pads, knee pads, gloves etc
    Where’s the bum pads , oh I already have my own on πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚

Should be like riding a bike?
    Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Lucia, not mad at all! Very sensible ideas! Just think all the money saved from those coffees would buy you some clothes for your new self. Size twelve by Xmas – well that’s a lot of Β£10s πŸ™‚
    Get yourself a ‘I will treat myself tin’ and store those Β£10 pounds away for you new xmas wardrobe. πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Catgirl it would be worth travelling to the airport to celebrate you wearing those trousers πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Orchid great news about the trousers. I pulled out a jumper i havent worn for a decade. A friend said you’ve been buying a lot of new clothes lately. No, just old clothes unpacked πŸ™‚

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Hashimoto,

It’s calm and sunny here now.

Good keeping busy. Previously, I would fall out of bed and sit on the settee until bedtime. Then roll back up to bed.

Have just sorted next few days of meals.

Now sorting out a bag of old clothes. Charity shop will be busy over the next month or two. πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
    Back working 7:45am to 7pm this week. 30 mins lunch. πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•

You planning anything this week?

Love Lucia xxxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi lucia, my social calendar is a bit fuller than usual this week. My dad is 90 so I am also going on a hunt for moss for him – for his hanging baskets.
    It’s a busy time in the garden – lots of my son’s seedlings ……oh the local hospital has just announced too many people have eaten too much chocolate and turned up at A and E with indigestion!!!!! Glad it wasn’t us lucia!!! I’ve never heard of it happening before, what is going on?

I also need to completely empty my wardrobe and sort everything out – lot needs to go to charity shops. I am finding more clothes that didn’t used to fit. Yaaaay! Xxxx

Those are long hours with short breaks. Good you have been so organised this weekend. Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi no one slept well last night.
    Is it jet lag from the stolen hour?
    Love Lucia xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hurricane whe I am off, the sun is cracking the flags here, now I am back in work typical
    Love Lucia xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Only good news I have, but I will not share , is that the prunes worked.

Can anyone cheer me up?
    What’s your good news?

Sigh……

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Lucia.

My good news. The money that had disappeared from my bank has now been returned. Phew! And I have lost another 3 pounds since Saturday, meaning I have now lost 3 stone since 19th December b

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Oh, Lynne, I didn’t know you had had a banking prob. Glad it is sorted πŸ™‚

Lucia my good news is: I have lost another 1 pound making a total of 2 stones and 8lbs! I’m over my third target so have set a new one – another 5 lbs!!! Yaay πŸ™‚

The weather isn’t nice here πŸ™ I had to remember a brolly when I went to the hairdressers! Good news, my hair looks a lot better! πŸ™‚ I shouldn’t disgrace myself too much when I meet up with an old friend for lunch tomorrow!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hey girls you 2 are rapidly leaving me behind.
    Lucia I need loads of vigourous exercise to catch these two up ….. Help

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Bill, you need to go back to all those supermarkets and run for your life past the sugary aisles – that should do it!! πŸ˜‰

• posted by Bill1954
    on

SShhhh I was trying to get Lucia to chase me (secret plan, don’t let on to her)

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Judith, I’d ordered a high value item from Amazon to be delivered yesterday. I checked online & it hadn’t even been dispatched. When I rang it was out of stock do they cancelled the order, suggesting I re-order. Checked my bank account and the money had gone. Amazon said ring bank, bank said Amazon. Great way of spending a Bank Holiday. First supervisor offered me Β£10 gift card. Second, when I was talking of a formal complaint, has put Β£100 gift card on my Amazon account. That made me feel better.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Quick explanation
    most banks, when you make an internet purchase will “ringfence” the money, which is another way of saying it’s reserved for the retailer, but it doesn’t leave your account straight away. Normally you wouldn’t notice unless there is a problem as in out of stock.
    Banks will tell their customers that the money has been taken but it hasn’t been, payment processors will telly you that it hasn’t been taken.
    This one issue cause more problems than any others in my job. People trust what the banks say (well they would) and we have been accused of theft loads of times. The time the cash stays ringfenced varies from bank to bank too, some as little as 48 hours, others as long as 7 days.

• posted by Patsy
    on

3 stone, captain Lynne? That’s amazing – well done!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Glad you got the Β£100 Amazon gift though Lynne.! πŸ™‚

• posted by Catgirl
    on

Fantastic news captainlynne, both in terms of refund and more importantly your weight loss, you are an inspiration

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks Bill. I was backwards & forwards for ages but got it sorted in the end. And the money was back in my account today. 😊

Thanks Patsy and Catgirl . 😊

Yes Judith. Just trying to decide what to spend it onπŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Eh ???
    Lynne, you’re a woman and you have just lost oodles of weight.
    May I suggest a new outfit ? (or 2)

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Lynne, if I were you i would be tempted to use some to order coconut oil, coconut flour, almond flour, gram flour, nuts and seeds and any other of the healthy foods on this diet. It will save you from searching all those shops and lugging it home on buses.

Then………I would buy the twins xmas presents and hide them away. There’s nothing worse than ordering clothes on line only to have to send them back cos they don’t fit quite right.

Then you could treat yourself to………

New books? More online food?

Then you can spend some of your own cash on a clothes shop! πŸ™‚

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks for the suggestions.

There were some things I needed, so they’re on order still some credit left though.

Judith, great idea about Christmas presents. I only see them a few times a year and their tastes change so much, that last Christmas I sent money. Apparently that went down really well. The girls spent it in the sales on what they wanted (rather than what I thought they would like (not necessarily the same thing). I also sent cash to,their parents – money is tight for them so I thought that was better than sending ‘stuff’. Again, it went down well. Don’t normally like sending money, but it works really well.

Bill, I have bought some new clothes, but don’t want to get too many until closer to my holidays in June. Wore a new top today in a size I’ve not been in for years πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Lucia
    on

So while I am slaving here, chained to my desk for another hour. You are all partying. Got fed up and snuk to the cloakroom and my phone. πŸ˜‡

Glad the money and the compensation has been received.
    Glad you are all losing pounds , stones, etc.

Walked this morning before work and got soaked, I don’t know if it is the walking or I have shrunk in the rain but I am going the right way.

Love the idea Bill wants me to help him lose weight. I am into yoga at the moment, do you fit into your leotard Bill?

Got to go, speak soon. Don’t want to be nabbed in the phone.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Lucia. Bill. Leotard? I’m splitting my sides x

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi,
    I just had chicken,bacon , spinach pasta, but without the pasta.
    It was yummy.
    I was head achy when I got home after a poor nights sleep. Took a couple of tablets and it’s an early night for me.

Hubby is watching the footy tonight, so I have to amuse myself. I will google some size 12 dresses and dream.

Hashimoto, it serves bill right for wanting me to chase him up and down the aisles in Asda. Bet you he’s going to look them up, as long as it’s not a mankini.

Sitting with my feet up, not doing anything crazy other than drink the pint of water beside me.
    Tomorrow I will seize the day, today I am just holding it lightly
    😝😝😝😝😝
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Catgirl
    on

My hubby is also watching the footie but to be truthful I am also a closet fan! However I do get bored with it quite quickly, prefer the rough and tumble of rugby and much better eye candy! Very sexist of me but who cares.

Made prawn stir fry tonight with pak choi, mange tout, sugar snap peas, peppers, mushrooms, onion, courgetti, garlic, ginger, chilli and soy sauce. Calorie count less than 200.

Lucia you must work for some Dickensian company doing the hours that you do, I can thoroughly recommend retirement which I did at 56, went back about 3 months later and do about 12 hours a week and just work when it suits me on the nurse bank. After almost 38 years in the nhs felt it was time for some down time and lots of travel as I am a sun worshiperπŸ–πŸπŸŒ…

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Lucia I am H A P P Y. I’m singing it, do you know the tune?

Well, after the hairdressers. I. Totally emptied my wardrobe and chest of drawers. I tried everything on.
    Some went in charity bags some went in the bin.
    The rest fitted!!! Things I. Had forgotten,some never worn ( I was getting too fat too fast) some old favourites.

Now i can open my wardrobe doors and EVERYTHING fits and it is all colour sorted. I’m over the moon. For years my wardrobes were groaning with clothes but I could only get into a few things.

I have a complete new wardrobe and haven’t spent a penny! I haven’t yet emptied my dressing table drawers so need to find if i need new swimming cossies and I still need to sort my undies. I think a lot of them will be hitting the bin.

I have never enjoyed spring cleaning this much!

I’m still singing xxx

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Fantastic Judith. I’ve cleared my wardrobe and slowly buying new because I’d only saved uniforms that were too small, nothing else. My poor wardrobe will need sunglasses because from my clothes being mainly navy, colour is appearing. Although I’m not yet brave enough to buy trousers (or skirts) in anything other than navy of black😳 One dayπŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi cat girl,
    Lost everything a while ago,
    I now have a mortgage, that has several years to go, no savings, no pension. Plus I am in my September life. So I need to work. Think I will still be working at 80 ! 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱
    I may put a pound on this weeks lottery, win millions and take you all on a months holiday.
    But until that happens I just try and enjoy my weekends.
    Anyway, enough of the down.
    Your meal sounds wonderful,big will try and do my version of it on the weekend, when I can visit my fruit and veg shop of local produce.
    Mmmmmmmmmmm
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Hashimoto,
    Boy you sound busy, I think getting rid of the ‘fat clothes’ will do me the world if good in a month or twos time.

I enjoyed my spring clean last weekend.
    On Sunday hoping to jump the bus into town and walk the legs off myself.
    Would love to visit London again and see the museum and art galleries. Might try and arrange it say, Autumn time when its a bit cheaper.

I am going to wash all the windows next Saturday. Let more sunshine in.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi captain Lynne.

I my colour palette is black on black.
    I am under the allusion its slimming. ( just realising my fat makes me look fat).
    I have tried to introduce a red scarf as an accent. Not ready for a whole red sweater or top.
    But I am getting there.

Football must be rubbish or finished, he’s gone up for a shower. πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚

Now I need to cheer up.

Just seen a picture of legolas in Lord of the rings. Swoon , swoon,

Who is your pin up?

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Lucia. My work clothes are navy and white. Out of work it’s navy/black trousers and a few coloured tops. Now the tops sure brighter – and some are actually patterned πŸ˜±πŸ˜ƒ

Pin ups? Too old for that😳 If I had to choose now it would be Mark Harmon and/or David mcCallum, the younger Sean Connery or the younger Omar Shareef. (Once I’was having a painful medical procedure done and an Egyptian doctor was observing. He looked just like Omar Shareef – and he held my hand. Made it a little less painful πŸ˜ƒ)

• posted by Catgirl
    on

Dear Lucia,
    Life sucks at times doesn’t it, when I separated from my first husband he left me in so much debt with loans he had forged in my name that I nearly lost the house but it’s amazing where you get the strength from to work through things.

As for your September life, it doesn’t make sense that what you see in the mirror doesn’t match what you feel in your head and your heart, inside I still feel 20 something and I don’t mean size! We can’t let life pass us by, there is so much living to do and all the more incentive and confidence when we are slimmer, sexier, more sassy with wardrobes to match that aren’t based on black but show off our va va voom. πŸ’‹πŸ‘ πŸ‘™here’s to the future!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Lucia please don’t laugh……mine would be leonard cohen……for his brains, wit and honesty. His voice just does it for me too. πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

It will be lovely to wear bright colours after all the dark stuff.

Its amazing that bread could cause so much damage lynne, it’s damaged us both in different ways.
    Hopefully the longer you are carb free the better you will get x

• posted by Trees
    on

I have also been sorting out clothes today– do I keep the ‘big clothes’ just in case or send them to the charity shop.

• posted by CallMeDeb
    on

I was doing my usual spring “refresh” of my closet, when I realized that I should belay the binning for at least 8 weeks…

There are a few blouses that I love, but never properly fit into, a skirt I purposely bought too small because I would wear it someday… We all have these right?

I am just thankful that we are nearing dress season so I won’t have to worry about going around “hitching my gitch” in baggy pants.

A girl can dream right?

Cheers,

Deb

PS. Thank you all for sharing your stories, they help more than you can ever know.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Trees ditch the fat clothes, you’ll never need them again! πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Callmedeb DON’T throw away the small clothes, i almost threw mine away 3 weeks ago. Am i glad i didn’t! πŸ™‚

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Lucia and Catgirl

My very ex-husband did a good job of destroying my self-confidence. I was on the end of his fist many times and had both wrists broken at different times, then there was the mental abuse. But that was a long time ago.

Over the years I’ve rebuilt ‘me’. I can laugh, enjoy myself, do what I want, when I want. I gained my degree a couple of years ago (at age 63) and am in a high stress job.

Perhaps the last thing to go is my ‘shield’ of fat? I might have been using it as a defence. I don’t know. But now is the time for it to go. I don’t need it any more. As Catgirlnsays, there’s a lot of living to do. Even for a golden oldie (or silver surfer) like me.

Please log in or register to post a reply.