“BEAT the DEMON HOT CROSS BUN & EASTER EGG CHALLENGE” 4weeks ending 18th April

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Challenge weigh in this morning and I am 10.13 and 3lb down this week so have lost 5lb in the last two weeks! At long last I am getting good weight losses! My challenge was to lose 4lb this month so you can imagine how pleased I am feeling with myself having achieved my goal in week 2! My weight has been fluctuating up and down the same pound over the last few days but it felt wonderful this morning seeing a 10! I am half way to my goal weight so still 21 lb to go but if I see weekly results I know I can get there. Have made a pact with my husband that there will be no Easter eggs for us this Easter and no hot cross buns either so that is a relief. Good luck to everybody on the challenge weigh in today. I really enjoy reading about everybody’s journey. Cathy x

• posted by Theodora
    on

Well 2 weeks in and you are all doing so well.

SueBlue, congratulations on blitzing your steps, that is amazing and preds make losing weight sooo hard so you are doing really well.

LippyLipid, well done on your 3lbs loss, and I’m sure the last couple of pounds will soon melt away and see you into the healthy BMI range.

Mk – even if you haven’t actually seen a drop this week, well done on sticking to the low carb and 800 because I think the Whoosh Fairy is on her way to you, 11 weeks, 17lbs? No problem, you can do that because you are going to remain so focussed.

Mixnmatch, you are being naughty, trying to tantalise us with the hot cross bun or the slice of cake you MAY have this afternoon. 😉

Busybee – I can’t believe you managed to lose 2.5st whilst on preds. That is a fantastic achievement and I hope you are very proud of yourself. Hopefully the pounds will melt away without the drugs, looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Cathy, crikey – reaching your goal (and more) in 2 weeks is pretty amazing, well done you. Good luck with the remaining half.

As you know, I set myself a 3 week challenge instead of 4 weeks as I shall be away for the final week. My challenge was 5lbs, which would not only take me under the next stone, but also bring me to my revised target weight, and I have lost 3.5lbs so far from the start of this challenge (which has taken me 2.5lbs under my original final target). So 1.5lbs to go and, for me, one week to do it in!

Hope everyone else reports in today with good results and good luck for the rest of the challenge.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Hello again fellow Challenger’s.
    I bounced up a couple of pounds after my very unexpected big loss last Friday but am pleased that I still have lost 6 pounds over the week and am still at the 2.5 stone off mark. I would like to lose a pound a week for the next five weeks as we are off to a wedding in Spain early May but with my track record of yo yo losing who knows?
    I tried my dress on yesterday and it fits so much better than when I bought it in January so a little wriggle room is great.
    I will keep on one day at a time and weighing only on Tuesday and Friday as this has really helped me over the past two weeks.
    Have a good week one and all.
    X B

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi everyone, gone down from 72.4 kgs to 71.7 so 0.7 kg just over 1.5 lbs. Now at 11 stone 4 lbs and wanted to be 11 stone for holiday but still 3 days to go. Not holding my breath but I know I can lose another 1lb by then. Marsie, I dont think I am stressing as I am used to being up and down and just take it as it comes but try my best. When I get back from Alicante I have 2 weeks to undo any damage (i’m sure there will be some) before I go off on a cruise (31st April) so straight back into the routine.

Blood glucose back down to 4.6 so it was that damn roastie, just shows, one little potato and my BG goes up.

I am truly and happy with how I am doing, I started at 13st 1lb and I am now 11st 4lb, never done that before. My daughter and I always set goals for the next time we meet up and we usually fail or just lose a couple of pounds, I have now lost 25lbs and she has lost about the same so we are both happy.

• posted by ddraig_goch
    on

Hi All,

congratulations on all your losses and stay the same (better than a gain, be positive)

Sue Blue, well done on your amazing step count.

MK, I was interested to hear about your cycling event. Are you following a specific plan?

My loss this week was lovely 7.6lb which was nearly 2lb better than my first week on BDS and means I’ve passed the 1st 1 stone goal. BF% only down by 2% but in the right direction I suppose. Best news is that not only can I get into my favourite size 12 jeans without having to breathe in and stand up all the time, but when I went to take them I discovered I didn’t need to undo them!

Popped into Bernardo’s today as they were having a sale on and bought myself 3 pairs of trousers, a 12 which fits perfectly, a 10 which I can get on but not do up, and another pair which turned out to be a size 8 (never in a million years would I ever expect to get into an 8) but having picked them up by mistake (they were marked small), I thought why not? For £1.99 it’s worth a try and they’re only an inch smaller round the waist than the 10’s. Getting into them will have to be for a future 4wk challenge though.

• posted by ddraig_goch
    on

Forgot to add re my personal 4wk Bun & Egg challenge, daily average stats are:

Wk1 778 cals, 10592 steps (wk loss>2.5lb)
    Wk2 545 cals, 11401 steps (wk loss>2.5lb)

So I’m on track so far. Hope I can keep it up for the remaining 2 weeks.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Good evening all. Sorry I didn’t post this morning, just one of those start early finish late days.

My official weigh-in this morning showed 63kg on the dot. That’s .2kg down for the week. Not eating dinner last night after my afternoon blowout saved me, I think. Also, that makes it .4kg for the 2 weeks. Small, but I’ll take it.

Theodora, thanks for saying everything I was thinking about all the early posters. I endorse your comments👏👏👏
    Since then others have checked in. …

Busybee, well done you for getting your method sorted. You’re doing so well now. That dress will look fabulous on you in 5 weeks time.

Sunshine-girl, good on you. Close to your goals and your upcoming holiday/s sound great ☺

ddraig_goch, you sound so very determined, I’d guess those TOTF (Trousers Of The Future) won’t be in the future box for too long 👏

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Well done everyone for your weigh in today. It’s lovely to sit down and read everyone’s posts.
    For the last few days my scales were showing a 1lb loss but today they are back up to 9st 6lbs and I haven’t a clue why.

Still I am very happy where I am with a BMI of 21.3 which I have now maintained since December 10th. I will keep trying though because I wouldn’t mind being 9st 3.75lbs because it would mean I had lost 3 stones exactly which is a nice round figure (which happily I am not anymore).

• posted by Doodledootoo
    on

Hi all. Congratulations on all the losses. Seems like a good week for many. My commitment for this 4 week challenge was 4 lbs. I’m currently down 3 so very happy with that. I’d been lower yesterday but delighted with being 10st 9lbs now. I bought some new clothes at the weekend so that has made me feel really good. My old clothes weren’t doing anything for my new shape. Nice compliments from people who hadn’t noticed the weight loss until now (think it’s because the trousers I bought fit me!). Thanks for all the inspiration.

• posted by Maharani kitten
    on

Ddraig, I am very lucky to have a cycling coach for this event, but have been a keen cyclist for 5 years now, though I only ride in British Summer Time as I can’t be bothered with lights , hi viz and imminent risk of death during dark nights and mornings! But I put my bike on a turbo trainer in the utility room, though if honest am lucky to get on once a week when cold dark nights come.
    I cycle 10 miles every day, either 5 morning and 5 evening, between March and October, or 10 in the morning if not travelling for work – lucky to work from home. At weekends when training for an event I do one long and hilly ride of 35 miles + on a Sunday morning, and sometimes also a shorter 25 miler – to a local coastal coffee shop and back – early on Saturday morning – back by 10am for choir! – I absolutely love the sensation of moving at speed in the open air under my own power and am lucky to live near stunning coast and countryside so it is never a chore.. Training for coast to coast in Early Sept (130 miles, two days) and London to Paris next spring. Mkx

• posted by ddraig_goch
    on

MK, thanks for sharing your training plan. I bought my turbo 9 years ago, clipped in my old bike (I bought a lightweight racing bike at the same time which I shamefully admit to using twice (partly due to a knee injury flaring up, then the motivation died), changed the seat to one that matched the new bike, added clips instead of pedals and NEVER used it. Now is it’s time though. It’s always been my ambition to be good enough to join my local cycling club. Maybe this time. Was hoping to do the shorter (25mi) BHF Peterborough Bike Ride in June but am more interested in managing to cycle for an hour without freewheeling so will concentrate on that using the turbo first. Will love to hear about your Coast to Coast adventure. One of my bucket list items is to cycle it one way then Run/Walk back the other. Maybe next year I’ll be fit enough.

Marsie, I love the idea of TOTF trousers. Have pulled them out of the box, labelled them as such and they are now hanging pride of place in my spare room ready for a grand try on at the end of week 8. I shall do a (headless) selfie of my fitting every 8wks until either they fit or I reach a final weight I’m happy with. Thanks for the inspiration.

on

This’ll be my 3rd c2c, also did JOGLE about 4 years ago – quite a challenge! Ill health has kept me from doing more challenging stuff for a couple of years, but have maintained everyday cycling in the summer, just ‘cos I love it.

Inspired by TOTF have ordered a dress today for my June wedding. Have something nice to wear if I don’t get there, so no worries, but it’s gorgeous and hugely reduced – in the next size down. Travelling hopefully towards my DOTF! Mkx

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi Everyone, I’m late to log my progress.Its been an interesting week. I gained 1 kg from my weekend buffet extravagances but a couple of days of strict eating and working hard has me at 82.7 kg my lowest in years. I’m really happy but the challenge is to keep going. I’m very tired so I may end up looking for a sugar fix to boost my energy .I will let you know on tuesday , cheers to everyone struggling ,if I can get good results, you can too keep going.

• posted by Cara54
    on

Hi everyone. Some really good results this week. Well done everyone. I’m a bit late with my post even though I weighed on Monday which is my official weigh in day. Lost another lb last week. I’m happy with that. Just finished a 24 hour fast. I could have gone longer if I’d tried. Just a bowl of soup and didn’t feel like anything else.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Butterlover, well done on that lowest figure. Good feeling, though I’m sorry you’re so tired. Look after yourself. I can’t meet this Saturday, have a group coming that night and know I’ll be busy, but Sunday morning looks OK if it suits you. See how you feel closer to, give me a hoy.

Maharani kitten and ddraig_goch, I’ve so enjoyed reading your conversation about your TOTF & DOTF. Lets make that WDOTF😻
    Also about your cycling. I hasten to add, I don’t, but both my mid to late 40s sons are both involved and they would love what you do. No 1 son rides to/from work each day approx 30 mins ea way, changes into collar & tie for the day’s work. Often went for longer rides on weekends except he’s recently taken up running, has already entered his first fun run. No 2 son loves his mountain bike for personal riding, and has a business as a bicycle mechanic, a mobile service, and the bulk of his clientele is heavily involved in race riding, both amateur and professional. So you can see my interest.

KrysiaD, Doodledootoo & Cara54, you each sound as though are in a good place right now. So nice.

I was 100 gm less this morning taking me back to 62.9 kg. Had a good day, using my mantra. ..1 day at a time. … until after dinner. Decided to make my planned Rocky Road for Saturday guests. Couldn’t resist sampling, but not a lot, definitely not a blowout. Tomorrow is another day, goodnight friends all.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Well done Marsie, on we go one day at a time.
    X B

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

It sounds as though it has been a very good week for everyone – one way or another.

Marsie – you did really well with the Rocky Road. Only a small sample is very restrained – it could have easily gone horribly wrong.

I listened to a really interesting programme this morning on BBC Radio 4 on Sugar by the comedian Simon Evans. It was so hilariously funny but so scarily true. If you get a chance it is well worth listening to it.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

All this discussion of TOTF and DOTF takes me back to the Hello ☺ thread where it started with a pair of JOTF. Great thread it was, by the way if you haven’t read it, full of some really hilarious discussions and culinary disasters as well as ideas of things to do with our larger clothes.

Jeans of the future kept me going, I bought two pairs quite early on in a sale, one size 14 and the other size 12. Every now and then I’d take them out of the box and just hold them up. They always looked so tiny. Now I have joined the size 12 jeans can be removed without undoing them club and am comfortable in size 10. I had one remaining pair of trousers in my box of the future, size S, so quite possibly 8 or 8-10, and inspired by your posts I tried them on today. Still tight, I wouldn’t wear them unless they got more comfortable, but on and done up!

on

You know I only weigh once a week, but felt weirdly light today and after staying the same on weigh day, couldn’t resist stepping on. 3lbs off! Official weight will be next Tues but it’s really spurred me on to know my goodness has been rewarded, just a day late! Mkx

on

MK- its funny how we can sometimes know that we are lighter and you were spot on today- 3lb gone – that must have been a great feeling! Well done and like you say, inspiring now to keep on being good. Between us we have all had a fairly good week this week- let’s hope our good work is rewarded again next week. I have just come home from seeing a friend and while she was drinking wine, I had a cup of coffee! Just off to polish my halo before retiring! Have a good week everyone.

• posted by Marsie
    on

That’s where i remembered it from Mixnmatch, thank you. It was a great thread, unfortunately petered out a few months ago although I still see some of the names here and there, wonder about others, especially Lucky. You’ve done so well to reduce your box of the future to that one pair you can do up but sound awkward to sit down in just yet.

Oh, how often does that happen, Mk! Frustratingly. Several people have made that plaintive cry. Well done you, I say, for knowing your body well enough to recognise such a good change.

Cc, I hope your halo stays well in place overnight, you earned it😇. Not long after 7am here and I’ve put the towels into the washing machine, can’t yet do any of the noisier things on my today list as OH is still asleep after a tiring day yesterday, so filling in time here. Haven’t weighed or eaten yet.

Have a good day everyone. ……one day at a time. ……

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Marsie – just wanted to let you know that I’ve found your “one day at a time” mantra really helpful this week. Last week I gained 0.7kg (explained in other post), but on Monday I jumped back on the BSD wagon and decided to just take it day by day. I’ve lost the 700g I put on already, plus a bit more (just over a kilo) so back to where I was 2 weeks ago. If I hadn’t have taken the “one day at a time” approach it would have been so easy to go down the “well I’m off the diet, have blown it, why bother trying again” route.
    When it is only one day, the goal of sticking to 800 calories is much more achievable. I think especially in the long term (I’m in my 2nd round), so going to continue “one day at a time” and set some small goals as I have about 20kg (3 stone) to lose.
    Clarinet Cathy – well done, you deserve that halo! I had a similar moment yesterday. I bumped into my mother in law so we went for coffee. She had cake of the day with hers, but I resisted temptation – again the “one day at a time” mantra worked – I just thought “I can have cake another day, today I’m sticking to 800 calories”.
    Thanks to all on here for sharing your experiences and stories and helpful hints, as well as all the supportive comments – it really does help 🙂

• posted by ddraig_goch
    on

Well done on joining the club Mixnmatch. Now we need to move forward to the size 10 club although in my case that would be truly remarkable. I remember when I first started being serious about losing a lot of weight all I ever wanted was to get into a pair of size 14s, now I’m talking about loose 10s. Amazing.

Today I desperately need Marsie’s one-day-at-a-time mantra playing in my head. Despite watching TV for hours and burning off 800cals, completing a 24hr fast, and having stats of 759cals, 13g carb, 4.5l fluid and 13634 steps in total, I have PUT ON 0.8lb since yesterday’s weigh-in.

Looking at it positively, I know it is just the body resetting itself after losing a stone in 3 weeks. It is also potentially TOTM (although that’s a bit hit and miss these days). It can only be water and other bodily function weight, as I have exercised off all I have eaten, and more, every day since the start of the month (come to think of it, I haven’t “been” since the start of the month either). But today, staying positive is going to be soooooo hard.

• posted by Verano
    on

Well done to all the losers.

Have access scales again now and have put on a kilo, sounds so much less than in pounds! I had expected this and am happy it’s no more as I’m on holiday. Now I finally know I can ‘live’ my life as I did before BSD but within the guidelines.

I have re-read the ‘8 Week Blood Sugar Diet’ and reading it again from the beginnning was well worth while. As the title says this is an ‘8 week diet’ but after 9 months, it doesn’t feel like that anymore, I have decided I’m no longer on a ‘diet” but I’m a ‘low carbatarian’. I don’t eat refined carbs. Vegetarians do t eat meat ‘occasionally’ and similarly I don’t eat refined carbs now and again!

I now live a low carb life to control my diabetes but do at times eat larger portions of low carb foods. I realise that I no longer ‘fall off the wagon’ as I’m not on a wagon anymore but when I want to lose some weight I will need to restrict my calories and carbs… ‘diet’!

I don’t know if this makes any sense at all to you but it does to me!!!! I can eat out, celebrate or take a holiday quite happily within BDS guidelines without feeling like I’m falling of a wagon. It feels really liberating.

So when I get home I’ll ‘diet’ again but until then I’ll just keep on keeping on!
    Happy hols S-g hope you have a good time in Spain.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Verano – your post makes perfect sense to me. I love the phrase ‘ low carbarian’ and that is exactly how I am going to think of myself from now on (auto correct keeps trying to change it to barbarian).

You are so right – of course a vegetarian doesn’t eat meat from time to time and likewise I don’t eat refined carbs from time to time either. In this way I control my diabetes and stay healthy while eating a huge range of lovely BSD friendly foods.

From time to time since I started the BSD last May I have eaten higher calories and more low carb food but have stuck to the BSD guidelines so I never thought of it as falling off the wagon but have just restricted calories and carbs for a bit to get the weight loss going again.

I think that is what has made this doable over the long term.

Actually – being a low carbarian feels really good.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Actually – I meant to type – low carbatarian. That’s what I am from now on.

• posted by ddraig_goch
    on

Verano – loving your attitude. We should all remember your post and embrace the feeling when we get to our perceived journey’s end.

on

Verano- I posted a lightbulb moment on 24th March in the “starting in January thread” about this very same realisation! I have been a vegetarian for a very long time – nearly thirty years and I never would think of eating meat or fish and at a buffet/dinner would never think about eating either and this is what occurred to me about BSD- now I would never think of eating refined carbs, hence not a diet, but simply a way of life. I love being a vegetarian and a non carbatarian! Thank you for sharing your lightbulb moment too. I love your new name for our way of life and will definitely be confusing people with that one!

• posted by Marsie
    on

Happy to share, SueBlue, whatever works is g good.

And also to you, ddraig_goch, hang in, hang in.

Verano, this is a great philosophical insight of yours as a way of adapting to a new eating regime. I love it. Thank you for sharing.

And the name. ..Low Carbatarian. For quite some time I’ve been calling myself a Vegevore i.e. I’m eating much less meat than previously, have many more veggies on my plate but am not a complete vegetarian.

My weight this morning was 200gms down, 62.7kg. Today has been ok so far. This is one of the ‘trigger’ times, 5.30ish pm, just before getting dinner ready, often find myself searching for something to put into my mouth, not really hungry. A few minutes ago, at the fridge, I fairly mindlessly took a few rocket leaves out of the crisper drawer but once I started eating, the flavour and peppery taste was great and not harmful to the totals. Think I will remember this for next time as I haven’t wanted anything else since. Winner! !

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi all, like Verano I am a low-carbian (my new word) and dont even think about the bad stuff. We have people for dinner tonight – they are housesitting for us – and I have made boeuf bourgninon (if I can spell it) and they can have mashed potatoes and bread, I am having mashed cauli. I have also bought a cake for afters but small enough to just do them, even though it says ‘serves 4’. Hubby has just taken some aperos out of the freezer – they are mini pizza and such – but I wont have them either. But I will have a drink with them.

Got up this morning to find I have lost more weight and will be setting off on my holiday at 11 st 3.5 lbs (71.5 kg) so I am very happy about that and my BG is steady at 4.3.

Wont see you all now for about 10 days so be good and if you can’t be good, cross your legs. And keep on keeping on…..

• posted by Verano
    on

We have often had conversations on these threads about this way of eating being a way of life but I think I had a turning point yesterday making me really internalise the idea.

Apart from having re-read the book I was making arrangements yesterday to eat out tonight. My friend suggested the fish paella that we had shared last time we ate in this particular restaurant. I started to wonder how I could refuse. My first thought was ‘I’m not eating rice at the moment’ then I thought no… time for the truth … I don’t eat rice! I don’t! So maybe now is the time to bite the bullet, come clean and admit I’m a low carbatarian and face the ‘but what do you eat’ question! I don’t really know why it’s taken me so long to face up to ‘the’ question but I feel the time is now right!

At last I feel comfortable in my own skin.

• posted by Marsie
    on

sunshine-girl, have a great holiday.

Verano, top of the class today, congratulations. 👏👏👏🙆

• posted by Busybee
    on

Evening all.
    Verano, you have done so well to have such a small gain whilst enjoying a lovely holiday and happy holiday to you Sunshine-girl.
    Marsie, your “one day at a time” mantra is really taking off – perhaps you should start a thread or is that too complicated as most of us are here daily anyway?
    See you tomorrow.
    X B

on

Yay, Verano, well done for insight and for happy holiday time. I find the discipline of saying ‘I don’t eat bread, thanks’ quite empowering now. Like a reinforcement of my chosen way of life.I used to preface it with ‘sorry’. But I’m not sorry, so I don’t say it anymore.

Really doing ‘one day’ today. Stuck by side of motorway on roasting day for three hours getting a puncture sorted. Really craved a treat, but limited it to my emergency low sugar banana. Chicken curry tonight with buttered cabbage – fab accompaniment. Yum yum!

Happy hols SG! Carbarian. I like it. Sounds like barbarian!! MK x

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Sorry to hear about the puncture, MK, but well done for limiting the damage. Thanks for the idea on buttered cabbage, may have to try that with tomorrows lamb curry. Congrats Verano on the limited damage on the scales after a holiday, and I hope you enjoy your holiday sunshine-girl.

I like the new names people are adopting, but since my carbs are no longer so low and I am starting to indulge in a select few refined carbs, on a strictly controlled basis, I am officially a Medsirtarian I think.

I am still trying to find the definitive way forward for myself, but have found over the last couple of months that provided my carbs are low GI or Sirt friendly and still kept to relatively low levels, I do not experience any cravings.

• posted by Cara54
    on

Hi all

I love your new way of looking at things Verano. It makes perfect sense.

ddraig_goch I had a similar experience with a 24 hour fast this week. I ate nothing between lunch time Tuesday and lunchtime Wednesday. On Wednesday morning I was 300g heavier than on Tuesday. I have decided to not to get upset about it otherwise I’d probably give up. This morning I lost 100g?? I’m doing another 24hrs which I started after lunch today so it will be interesting to see what happens the rest of the week. I don’t count carbs or calories because I have no patience!! The only thing I have during a fast is coffee with cream and coconut oil. This time I’m going to try to manage without it.

I’m really enjoying the stories about JOTF. It’s very encouraging.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Where is everybody today? I’m just reporting in as part of my challenge and keeping on one day at a time.
    X B

• posted by ddraig_goch
    on

Hi Busybee – the plateau goes on, one day at a time.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Well done Busybee – one day at a time is the way to go.

Well done on coming out of the closet and admitting that you don’t eat carbs, Verano. Very wise decision – I also have told people that, and the odd person has looked a little askance, but nobody has challenged me on it, don’t think anyone actually cares what we eat, as long as it doesn’t affect them.

I have to report that this morning the scales showed that I have managed my personal 3 week challenge of losing 5lbs, which has brought me to my ultimate goal weight 🙂 Not that I shall be stopping BSD800 though, I need a few more pounds off to give me some wriggle room.

• posted by Doodledootoo
    on

Congratulations Theodora on reaching your ultimate goal weight. Well done you.

I’ve not been too well for the past couple of days with stomach issues. Reading up on what to eat after this bout of mild illness suggests bland food such as bread, crackers or rice! To think that I used to think of these as my favourite foods once upon a time…. was it really the bread I loved or the butter or the topping? Was it really the rice I loved or the curry or the chilli? Was it really the crackers I loved or was it the cheese, ham, pate? Food for thought indeed.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Hi Busybee, very late checking in today. In fact, its so late its no longer today its tomorrow. Started a project to re hang my collection of blue & white plates. They’ve been down for a while for wall painting which didn’t happen and they were never put back up again. Have been tired of the blank wall so decided to get them back up NOW before some guests tomorrow night, oops, tonight. Took so much longer than intended. Typical😐

We’re with you, ddraig_goch, you’ll sort it.

Theodora!! Two for the price of one…. What a star🌟🌟 Congratulations.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Doodledootoo – I think you have just made a really important point. You are absolutely right – to make the bad carbs taste good we have to add all sorts of other stuff because they taste so bland on their own. It is definitely food for thought.

Hope you feel a lot better today.

Theadora – well done for reaching your ultimate goal weight. A good idea to lose a bit more so that you have some wriggle room.

Am in Sevenoaks today – visiting daughters and family. Had a lovely relaxing journey down by bus and train. Daughter is also following low carb and has got down to goal weight. We left son in law and grandson at home and had a lovely afternoon shopping with 9 year old granddaughter. We both bought some lovely size 10 tops and had a really nice girly afternoon.

When I was packing yesterday I realized that I had nothing to wear for the warmer weather and had to pack my work clothes so I am really pleased I now do have something to wear.

I went through my wardrobe again last night and there is another bag of stuff for the charity shop when I get back to east Anglia.

on

Well done on hitting target Theodora, that must feel AMAZING and you should feel really proud can see your halo shining from here!! 😇😇😇😇

Krysia, my son lives in Sevenoaks – give him a wave from me!

Just back from my choir prize-giving supper. Easy peasy eating, small plate, cold meats, salad, then a cheese and celery option. Yay.

Would normally have made a bee line for chocolate fudge cake and cream but just the thought of all that cloying cake in my mouth….yuk. No prizes for me but we did some karaoke (talk about a busman’s holiday!) and I won another bl**dy Easter Egg !!

Those Carb Demons are really, really trying hard to lure me to the dark side this week. Donated to grandma with Cubs. Feel like am on a bit of a roll so determined to choose well this weekend. Bon chance everyone. MKx

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Well done MK on making healthy choices at the buffet and on giving away yet another Easter egg!
    I can’t believe I haven’t succumbed to a hot cross bun yet, normally I’d be eating them months before Easter.
    The “one day at a time” mantra has really been helping me this week. I’ve decided too to celebrate/acknowledge one positive thing each day. Today’s was that I went shopping with my daughters, and brought my own healthy lunch with me (Greek salad). So while they had their burger and chips I ate my container of salad 🙂 not sure I’d get away with it in a restaurant – but I could in McDonalds!

• posted by Theodora
    on

Thank you for all your congratulations, I’m back down to earth again today, and sticking with BSD800 (easy day as O/H out all day and evening, do don’t have to feed him). I am determined to lose another few pounds to give me some wriggle room, particularly as I am going away next week.

Mk, well done on controlling your intake at the buffet, and hope you have a good weekend too. I think you seem to be a chocolate Easter egg magnet – maybe they are like cats, who always make a beeline for people who don’t like / are allergic to them (my o/h) 😉 And huge congratulations for being strong enough to give them away – you will get your reward in heaven but, maybe more importantly and far sooner, on the scales 😉

SueBlue, really good idea to focus on one good thing every day, makes us much more positive I think.

on

In Sainsburys today and picked up a chicken Fit Kitchen fresh veg ready meal from their new ‘clean eating’ fridge stuff. On offer at £2.25, all fresh, 280 cals and I think all the carbs are in the sauce, which I’ll only use a bit of. OH away for a few days with his bike mates and it’ll be easy to microwave, no faff. Looks nice, comes in it’s own little box and would be a good work lunch or lone supper when tired or can’t be bothered. Lazy, but you know… They have quite a few variants.

Out this morning at a charity event. Guess what I won. No, go on, guess. Not one, not two but 3 Easter eggs. Other people won lovely Spring flowers. Curse is still working…… Mkx

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Maharani kitten – the carb monster is definitely trying his hardest to get you back on the carbs. Well done for resisting.

Still in Sevenoaks – had another lovely day with daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren at. Penshurst Place. The weather was so glorious. Have also had a perfect BSD day – even though the demon Easter eggs are everywhere.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Quick dash in to say hello and watch the National and then back out for a while to enjoy the lovely sunshine.
    X B

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi Everyone,seems the carb monster is everywhere, after bragging about my success,I woke up next morning to 1KG increase, I dont know why. Yesterday I had a good day but gave in to some carbs in the evening. Today, I’m back to 82.7kg so it looks like I will be doing the yo yo around 82KG for a while.I did not eat well today, just lost some of my focus. Hopefully, back on track tomorrow. I will try to focus on the ‘one day at a time’ thing which seems to help some of us. For those of you holidaying ,have a great .for the rest of us don’t give up.cheers

• posted by Theodora
    on

Mk – I TOLD you that you are an Easter Egg magnet 😉 🙂 🙂

Oh well, betting your friends / family are enjoying the unexpected bounty 😉

Please log in or register to post a reply.