“BEAT the DEMON HOT CROSS BUN & EASTER EGG CHALLENGE” 4weeks ending 18th April

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Weight dropped back down, maybe I should weigh in on a Wednesday although I would probably mess that up too. So back to 72.2 kgs hoping to be under 72 by next weigh in. Reduced insulin to 21 units last night and BG was still around 4.5 this morning so hoping it will continue to be low, the less I take the less fat it attracts.

Not been doing much official exercise but cleaning like a maniac as we have housesitters arriving in just over a week and the whole house needed its annual Spring clean, normally I spread it over a few weeks but I am condensing it into 2 weeks which is a room nearly every free day. Really enjoyed and needed my Wednesday morning swim today, a bit of me time. Keep on keeping on…

• posted by Maharani kitten
    on

The demon egg is disposed of – was on my to another meeting and gave it as a gift for an Easter raffle. Gone!
    Marsie, not being hard on self, honest. Just truthful. I’ve always been a top heavy sorta girl and am used to minimising my charms if I’m not to have people ( and by that I mean men….) staring at my chest when addressing me. I find it quite amusing. Was once sitting on the windowsill of my office in what I thought was a modest summer top. A Jag slowed down and asked if I was ‘open for business’. Business! I replied. BUSINESS! I don’t even do it for pleasure at this time in the morning… Good news on the whole because it means midriff is reducing, but off to M&S for a new minimiser bra… Mkx

• posted by Theodora
    on

Mk – reading your post made me splutter my coffee all over my laptop! 🙂 🙂 🙂 You do know how to give us a good laugh, so thank you (and you owe me a new laptop 😉 )

• posted by Marsie
    on

Mk, although we’re obviously different heights, sizes, I’ve always had curves so I know “that look”. At a party one night, maybe 45 years ago so in my mid 20s, I was handing around olives, cheese etc, came to a group of 3 or 4 blokes, apologized for interrupting, asked if they liked olives. Quick as a flash one said “no, but I like yours”. It was kind of amusing, and I could have smiled if the other men hadn’t burst into really raucous laughter. That I’ve remembered it shows how I was embarrassed. I was pretty naive, took me ages to think of a decent comeback, but of course the moment had passed me by. I liked your comeback but where did he think he was? Amsterdam?

BTW, glad you disposed of the toxic egg successfully, one less temptation. ..

• posted by Busybee
    on

Oh men!
    Just popping in to say still going one day at a time.
    X B

• posted by Doodledootoo
    on

Unofficial weigh in. 2 lbs down over night – why oh why can’t I get to my lowest on a Tuesday! Need to keep drinking the water and keep the focus so hopefully by next Tuesday I’ll be still the same or even another little drop. No Easter treats have popped up at work yet but I’m not tempted these days (thankfully). If there was a bowl of nuts however it might be a different story or some cheese and crackers! Continued success everyone.

on

One day at a time. Was at my fave Italian with friends last night and ordered pa perfect piece of roasted cod with capers and artichokes. Their lasagne is legendary and I love it, several people had it, but just imagining the cloying pasta, cheese and tomatoes in my mouth, compared to the clean tasting fish – much preferred mine and envious glances were cast at it. Not the first time this place has made me realise that this WoE is not just do-able, it can be just as much a treat as anything else. Really wanted a panna cotta, but in time, I can have one! Instead had a lovely strong Italian coffee and small dark choc. It felt like a proper treat, then off to a concert. One lovely day!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Maharani kitten – that’s exactly how I feel about this way of eating now. I used to enjoy lasagne – but now much prefer BSD friendly foods.

Your roasted cod with capers and artichokes would have been my choice also and I would have really enjoyed eating it. When we go out for a meal I really look forward to a cup of really good coffee and a small piece of dark chocolate as a special treat at the end of a meal.

I feel that I get so much more enjoyment out of eating food now than I have ever had at anytime in the past.

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi All , Hey MK I’m amazed at your determination ,I also could not care about lasagne but deserts are my downfall.I also hate the feeling that its not fair that I need to refuse things that I like so much.I have a big birthday this weekend Hubby is 75 and Ive already decided to eat what ever I like at the buffet and I like everything. Its an expensive place and I want my money’s worth, I know this is exactly the type of thinking that got me to my current size, so thankfully its once a year.I plan to eat as little as possible for the next few days and do some extra walking.we will see on tuesday what’s the result .Well done to those with great control I admire you.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Mk, well done on your Italian meal out, and refusing dessert – I think I would have gone for the cod option too. Is sounds delicious. It sounds such a lovely evening, maybe it deserves a slot in the PEAK and PIT thread (although it sounds as though there weren’t any pits 😉 )

I agree with both you and Krysia that a cup of good strong coffee hits the spot every time, with or without the chocolate (which I have managed to resist since starting BSD). Good coffee is one of my weaknesses but as I like it black, at least I can continue to drink it on this WOE without having to count calories / carbs. 🙂

Krysia, like you I get so much enjoyment out of eating these days. It used to be fodder and I know that many on here have said they now regard it as fuel, but I am the opposite and now instead of just eating on demand, I anticipate my meals with relish and I eat far more slowly and savour every mouthful. This, I think (hope), is what will make the WOE doable for the rest of my life. 🙂

Butterlover, enjoy the birthday buffet (say happy birthday to o/h from me) but you may just surprise yourself and find that a lot of the food you think you love now really doesn’t hold that much appeal, tastes too sweet, etc. Hopefully a bit of abstinence and some extra steps in advance will do a bit of damage limitation and the scales won’t show too big a jump next week.

• posted by ddraig_goch
    on

Just checking in to record my achievement for the last week. After my mini stall am glad to report a loss of 3lb for the week so seems I was worrying about nothing. Average daily cals were 778 and steps 10592. This week I’m trying a new approach with the calories and loosely planning my day in advance instead of waiting near the end of the week and having to have a couple of really low cal days. Also I have discovered how much I am enjoying walking on the treadmill in front of the TV. I have found myself watching less TV (no bad thing) because I want to wait until I can get on the treadmill. So there are 2 points of note here – 1) I’m getting in more exercise & 2) I’m actually watching the TV and enjoying the program for its own sake rather than doing something else at the same time (eg reading everyone’s lovely posts) and only listening to the TV with half an ear. Thank goodness for catch-up TV.

on

Still here, still keeping on, must get through the weekend with no treats.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Still keeping on one day at a time. (This comment must be boring for you all but I committed to posting it)
    Out for lunch and chose three tiny tapas dishes. I took off as much of the sauce as I could and enjoyed the meatballs and pork squares lurking below! The best dish was tiny peices of halloumi, courgette and peppers – delicious. I wouldn’t have chosen that pre BSD – just goes to show how my taste buds are changing.
    X B

• posted by Theodora
    on

Well done Busybee – the halloumi dish sounds delicious. And you are definitely succeeding in your challenge to log in and take one day at a time. I am sure you will reap the reward. 🙂

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thought I would drop in and see how you are all doing on the challenge. Seems to be going pretty well for you all. I have one more week before going away and broke through my original target of 8st 9lb this week. Hoping to be at ultimate goal (8st 7lb) by Monday.

We are eating out tomorrow night for OH’s 65th birthday, so there will be some wine, but I will be doing my best to choose wisely from the menu and back on the straight and narrow for the rest of the w/e.

Keep going everyone, you’ll be so pleased you did.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Not boring, Busybee, appreciating your commitment helps me with mine.

ddraig_goch (would love to know the translation) there was an earlier thread called ‘unintended consequences’. Your enjoyment of treadmill/TV would fit neatly there😊

Relax and enjoy your special celebration meal Butterlover, happy birthday to OH.

Good to see you SunnyB, congrats on making and breaking through your original target. Happy for you. 👏 Happy birthday to your OH also SunnyB, hope you enjoy your meal out.

Doodledootoo, take it anyway ,Tuesday or not 😊 it can be a frustrating old journey can’t it?

I’m also eating out on the weekend, niece’s 40th, so will choose as best i can from a catered meal.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi everyone

Still here, hanging on and just managing to ‘tread water’. Must admit it’s not as easy as I would have hoped … far too any temptations and far too little willpower! Nonetheless, plodding on keeping to the main principals yo-yoing with the same pound or so. So not all is lost yet!

March hasn’t been the best of months for me just a 4lb loss but still going in the right direction. Think I can see a ‘short sharp 7 day shock’ coming on when I get home!

Hope you are all doing well. Have a good day!

• posted by Busybee
    on

Good morning fellow challenger’s.
    My aims for this challenge was to be kinder to myself which included only weighing in on Tuesdays and Fridays. So today I stepped on and couldn’t believe my eyes – I have lost 8 lbs since Tuesday!!! I asked Hubby to check his weight ( He is slowly losing along with me) and yes his weight was correct. I’m sure this will alter by Tuesday but for now I am soooooohappy as at last I have lost over 2.5 stone and heading for three off.
    Thank you to all my virtual friends who help and support me – you know who you are.
    X B

• posted by Verano
    on

WOW Busybee great result!

• posted by Marsie
    on

Busybee!!! What a star🌟🌟☄

• posted by ddraig_goch
    on

Thanks for the info Marsie I’ll take a look. I read somewhere that Captain Lynn is doing a 1000 miles in 2017 challenge. Sounds like a great idea so I’m going to sign up using miles done on the treadmill in front of the TV. Think what an awesome incentive that would be for couch potatoes.

Did an unplanned 24hr fast yesterday which I will continue until I reach the 48hr mark. Have never done one before but I feel great (I clocked up 15000 steps yesterday) and dropped 2.4lb. It will be interesting to see how much of that bounces back in the morning after I have had a meal.

• posted by Theodora
    on

WOOOHOOOO Busybee, that is phenomenal news! Well done, we knew you could do it, and you deserved your visit from the Whoosh Fairy 🙂 One day at a time really works for you, so stick with it. Doing the happy dance for you.:-)

Verano, 4lbs loss is 4lbs loss – that’s averaging a pound a week which this far in, is pretty good in my book, and a helluva lot better than a gain, so well done you.

SunnyB, well done on breaking through your original target, and good luck for the next pound or two. Enjoy your evening out, and wish o/h happy birthday from us.

Marsie, enjoy your evening out too. I know you will choose as best you can, but it is only one night so I’m sure you won’t do too much damage. So relax and enjoy.

ddraig_goch, well done on both your treadmill and your fast. Obviously it is getting results 🙂

Feeling more positive about the possibility of achieving my personal 3 week challenge as, after rather a dodgy week last week (I was away) I have now shed the bit I gained, plus some extra and am down 2.5lbs just from Monday, and am now 1.5lbs lighter than when I went away. So to meet my challenge and, indeed, my revised target weight, I have 3lbs to go and 12 days to do it in and then I will be away for 2 weeks over Easter.. Praying that another plateau doesn’t sneak up and bite me on the bum (though there’s a lot less to bite these days 😉 )

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Wow, that a fabulous result Busybee!!!

Congrats to all who are reporting good results – and that includes you, Verano – a loss is a loss, no matter how small. Commiserations to those struggling, but you all know you CAN do this and that the BSD really DOES work, just remember to measure, weigh and record, drink plenty and stay mindful of every mouthful.

Wishing you all a good BSD w/e and good scales results next week.

• posted by topcac
    on

Hi All

Man oh man I’ve become absolutely crap at logging onto the forum – what with 50 hour weeks, trying to get some gym time in, walking two dogs every day and planning a wedding I’m really struggling to find time. I’m off to the States tomorrow – last time I went I managed to lose half a pound so fingers crossed!!

I’m using ‘one day at a time and no bingeing’ as my mantra (thanks Marsie for that) – seems to be working so far – bingeing is much reduced (not eradicated but one day at a time and when I do it tends to be macadamia nuts!) and weight is holding steady – still drinking alot of water, still exercising, have passed the 6 months mark on this WOE so should be fairly fixed in my brain soon!!

Can not believe how fast this year is going – weather was so fantastic yesterday – hope everyone can get out and enjoy it

Be in touch soon – from the other side of the pond probably!

on

Well done well done well done Busybee! There’ no contest for Loser of the Week – you’re it! – in a good way, of course!

One day at a time working well for me too, as well as not pushing too hard at the door. Factored in some fun stuff this week which included a meal out, a concert, a night in a nice hotel and meeting 10cc over the breakfast buffet – they were lovely guys – bonus! So this weekend’s long drive and a weekend of caring stuff – washing, cleaning, filling the fridge and freezer and answering the question ‘but who ARE you’ a hundred times a day won’t have the power to get me down like it has been doing lately.

Also, am taking my spare bike down to leave there so I can get up early and do an hour before she’s up. Sneaky kitten! Must remember to lock it up though. Visions of a 92 year old off down the hill – wheeeeeee!!!!!
    Which’d make a change from the other sort of wee…. Lol.

See you on the other side! Stay strong, pals. Mkx

on

Hi all and well done Busybee, I am still hanging on, lost weight but determined not to put it back on over the weekend and have a zero loss on Tuesday. One week today we go to Spain, surely I can do it between now and then. everything else is good, BG still around 4.0 and 4.5 and on lower insulin. Was going to wait until after holiday to reduce but my readings were getting too low around 3.9 each morning, I can always readjust when needs be.

Hubby and I went to the wine cooperative, he bought some red (I dont like much) and I was steadfast and bought NOTHING.

Have a good weekend all and keep on keeping on…

• posted by Marsie
    on

Hi all, after midnight here, can’t sleep so catching up.

topcac, good to hear from you and that the ‘day at a time’ is helping. Your life sounds enormously busy, so good on you for keeping on with BSD. Like you I’m not bingeing, although I’ve not been on 800 cals so am overeating, but weight is not fluctuating madly at the moment. One day at a time, especially over a busy weekend.

And Maharani kitten, another enormously busy person achieving great things. Love your sense of humour and it sounds like you need it. You set my imagination racing with your spare bike ramifications🚴🙂

sunshine-girl, you are doing şo well, but I’m wondering if you are a little stressed about losing more before your holiday? Perhaps pushing more gently on the door, as per Maharani kitten’s therapist’s advice, could be a good thing? Merely a thought, not wishing to interfere, but hoping your break will be a good and relaxing one.

Verano, I’m sure this difficult time will pass if you can perhaps just maintain until you feel ready to resume the full plan. It’s what I seem to be doing, and TBH, what I have been doing for quite a while now. Holding the line.

Now I’m tired, think I can sleep now….

on

Hi everyone and not an April Fool, I have just dipped under 72kgs at 71.8. Now what I usually do is think it is okay to allow a weekend glass of wine which always ends up being 3, but no, not this weekend. Strong resolve to drink lots of water. I know if I have a glass of wine at my side while watching tv i will drink it unthinkingly, but I do exactly the same with water, so water it is.

Again, I have forgone my exercise for cleaning, fridge / freezer pulled out, what a mess behind it, and husband has finally finished painting. So that’s the kitchen, living room and dining room redecorated. All fresh and lovely looking.

I have started packing for Alicante but not my clothes. My daughter and grandsons always leave stuff here and I take it to where ever we are going to save her the cost of hold luggage, we are driving so just chuck it in the back of the car.

BG was 78 or 4.3 this morning, still good on a lower insulin level. Have a good weekend everyone and keep on keeping on…

• posted by Busybee
    on

I’m still here but been visiting elderly relatives ( says me who is 70!)
    Thank you all for your kind words and see you tomorrow.
    X B

on

Hi all, another successful day and lost more weight, just shows being good over the weekend really pays off. Absolutely 100% today so as not to spoil it.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Checking in. Scales a little up this morning, even though I feel I chose reasonably well from the catered meal at my niece’s 40th except for the bread roll, no excuses, wanted it, had it. And the apple pie+cream. Lol, ate the innards, left the pastry, messy creature. Mineral water instead of wine, no hardship as I’m almost a teetotaller these days and that’s from a very low base anyway.
    Fighting sweet urges today….one day at a time.

Sunshine-girl, so well done in the lead up to your holiday👏👏

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi All, I thought I might see if I can check in more often, today after my buffet meal I have a carb hangover, tired and bloated. I ate a huge amount last night but its true the really sweet things where not that nice.I don’t think that I will ever choose a buffet restaurant again. I really was eating for eating sake and the after effects are not worth it. I did not weigh or measure myself or my food today. stayed on BSD friendly but I count it as a transition day. the serious return to plan starts tomorrow. I have a very busy week with work this week and I’m hoping it will help me to stay on plan.good luck to you all.

on

Just about to start the long drive home from Chester to Edinburgh, having been really good this weekend.

Despite spending last night and this morning filling up my elderly aunt’s fridge and freezer with individual portions of soups and shepherd’s pie and the like, and with rhubarb crumble and sponge puds with custard for easy heating – Even left her a couple of loaf cakes – didn’t even lick my fingers!

Paced myself, didn’t get all busy and frustrated and involved her more, which was better for us both. All the important things got done, left a list for the carer for the rest. Delegation! Planned my own meals and snacks well. Lovely weather really helped.

Celery sticks and smoked salmon pate in car for homeward snack/dinner, will stop at Tebay services and farm shop for a nice big cup of coffee and some meaty and v low carb sausages to take home. A world away from recent frustrating visits – head is definitely in a better place, feel quite rested, which is a first! Mkx

• posted by Busybee
    on

MK, I know how hard it us to deal with elderly relatives. We have one set up north and one Aunt down south and usually when one has problems the other seem to as well, so we spend a lot of time on the M6! (We live on the Wirral so not so far from where you were visiting).
    Well done every one for coping or succeeding over the weekend one day at a time.
    X B

on

Survived the weekend with a weight loss, will declare tomorrow at weigh in. I had one little cheat in that I did my husband a roast potato, just one cut into quarters and I decided to have a quarter, about 1oz, it was full of flavour but very dry. I also had some mashed Jerusalem Artichokes just for a change and read that although they are highish in carbs it is inulin carb and is not metabolised by the body ???? I know someone will understand that… Anyway, they were nice but boy do they cause wind. Poor husband.

BG up slightly to 5.2, could that be the roastie, don’t know but I wont be having any more. And 5.2 is okay. Insulin still on 21 units and steady as she goes.

Have a good week everyone and keep on keeping on…. Oh, and where are you all.

• posted by Theodora
    on

I’m here, s-g – just resisting posting on this thread until tomorrow’s official weigh-in.

Glad to hear your bloods are holding pretty steady. Good on you.

Busybee and Mk – I too know the difficulties of dealing with elderly relatives (although I am sure my grandchildren already think of me as elderly 😮 ) so well done both of you. I have my 93 year old mother just down the road, and thankfully she is still healthy and in great form, living independently doing virtually everything for herself and, in fact, still travels the world (Australia last year) but I do pop in every day to check / chat (used to share a bottle of wine too, but no longer allowed, much to her disgust 😉 ), but also have aged father–in-law (95) who is a cranky old so and so, (always has been, not age related) and we can’t do right for doing wrong. He lives a 5 hour round trip away, but we visit at least once a week, and ring every day, but he gives us very short shrift, and if he is not moaning/shouting at us, he is refusing to speak to us! I hope if I ever treat my kids the way he treats my husband (an only child), that someone will shoot me!!! Sorry, rant over!

• posted by Marsie
    on

Checking in again. Started the day ok, then late afternoon had a phone call I’d rather not have had and I’m afraid I reverted to my not-far-enough-in-the-past default position and looked for the carbs. Previously I would have had bread and something, over&over. Today I was actually in the supermarket at the time of the call (damn mobile phones! ) and chocolate was the nearest thing to hand. Too much of something I used to like, I thought. Horrible. Didn’t have dinner tonight, feeling awful, and won’t have anything now until after weighin tomorrow morning, when I will be conscious of that one day at a time.

Count me in on knowing the stresses attached to caring for elderly relatives, empathising with you…….

• posted by Verano
    on

I’m here too S-g!!

Sunning myself at the moment with no access to scales of any description so just happily keeping on keeping on …. no bread, pasta, rice or potatoes just enjoying everything else!!

Glad you are still going in the right direction S-g. I won’t be able to report until Thursday at which time I expect a gain but hey-ho that’s what hols are for!!

• posted by Esnecca
    on

sunshine-girl, inulin is a polysaccharide entirely composed of soluble fiber, and therefore is not metabolized by the body as a carbohydrate. A version extracted from the root of the chicory plant can be used as a sugar substitute or as a fiber boost in smoothies, etc. Does wonders for the sluggish intestine.

on

Thanks Esnecca, I looked on the internet and it said similar about JA as it does for chicory, can be used as a sugar substitute. It is highly recommended for diabetics but I didn’t catch who made that recommendation it was a case of ‘they say’. The illusive ‘they’.

• posted by Busybee
    on

I’m here too and waiting to see what tomorrow’s weigh in shows!
    Marsie, we are all human, put it behind you and don’t forget our mantra of one day at a time and that today will be yesterday tomorrow. Be kind to yourself.
    X B

on

Busybee, the M6 is my second home, at least 2 weekends a month! But I love stopping at Tebay, always pick up some nice cheeses in farm shop, and if hungry they have a pretty good salad bar. You need to walk past the chips to get there, though…

Treated myself to a sexy pair of black Nike trainers today. Because I’m worth it. I gave away another Easter egg today, am becoming quite the Easter Bunny in our village. Weigh day tomorrow, Feta salad for me tonight. Mkx

• posted by Busybee
    on

MK I know Tebay well but don’t go quite that far up – our route is up to Barrow or down to Bournemouth!
    X B

• posted by SueBlue
    on

I just re-read my goals for the past week which were to walk 75,000 steps and to not put on any weight as I was going to be off plan for 5 days (work conference then short family break), also not to eat any wheat products.
    Well, I achieved one of those goals – I absolutely smashed my walking goal with over 107,000 steps for the week.
    I did put on 700g (1.7lb) but as I was eating twice what I normally do, calorie wise, there is no surprise there. Without access to a kitchen or scales I found it much harder. I did however plan to be off plan for that time. What I did find interesting was that even though I was eating more, I felt hungrier and wasn’t always satisfied after meals – I was really looking forward to going back on to the BSD plan!
    I spent most of yesterday cooking recipes from the book to make it easier when I’m back at work from today.
    I should definitely have a loss next week as am planning to stay on 800 calories each day for the next week.
    Good luck to everyone else 🙂

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Also realised I have been on double my usual prednisone dose, so this would affect weight loss too!

• posted by LippyLipid
    on

Hi All,

We’re half way through the Easter Challenge, I’ve beaten The Demon Hot Cross Buns so far but found Mothering Sunday a lot trickier. I had four days of meals/events with my children and chocolates were eaten and wine was drunk. However I only had wine with my meals – previously the bottles would be opened the moment anyone arrived at the house. The chocolates were shared around.

Two weeks in and I’ve lost three pounds, dropped out of the 11 stones and into the 10’s. The “Healthy Weight” marker of 10 stone 10 pounds and a BMI of 25 is tantalisingly 2.2lbs away, my target for this challenge. I feel confident this way of eating can easily fit around high days and holidays, I’ve learnt not to treat everyday as some sort of celebration!

Hope everyone copes with the Easter period in full BSD control. We are travelling to a wedding on the Isle of Man on 11th, never been there before, looking forward to it.
    Best wishes to you all!

on

Stayed the same this week, which is rather disappointing as I’ve really nailed 800 cals and 30g carbs over the last 7 days. Not dwelling, not letting it derail me. FBS is 5.1 today, a result, with no meds.

Am upping exercise and focusing forward on a big posh wedding just over 11 weeks away. I want to be at a BMI of 26 by then, which means a further loss of 17 lbs.

Cycling training for my 55k ride in a month’s time ramps up with a vengeance this week, which will help.

Odd compliment of the week. Someone asked me in a concerned voice yesterday whether I had cancer. ‘You’r look well but your clothes are hanging off you.’ What a thing to say to anyone!! MK x

• posted by SueBlue
    on

MK I can identify with your odd comment. Many years ago my OH was in hospital for a couple of weeks and unable to eat (turned out to be a gall bladder thing but he was misdiagnosed at first). Anyway he lost about 3 stone in a few weeks. He was asked by someone if he had AIDS or cancer!
    I think some people just say whatever comes into their head without thinking first!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Weigh in this morning at 10 stone 8.8 pounds, not my lowest which was earlier in the week at 10 stone 8.4 pounds, but reaches another milestone for me, Smart BMI 35/70 or exactly halfway in the smart BMI healthy weight zone. Demon total currently at 4 mini eggs eaten, 0 hot cross buns eaten. Minstrels egg given to me at work currently untouched and will probably be given away to a deserving cause (probably mum). 1950 calories is the target for today, after my fast day yesterday, so I may just sneak a quick hot cross bun or small slice of cake in before badminton tonight.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Hi SueBlue, Prenisolone is a wonderful drug but a b…… with all its side effects one of which is weight gain. I gained two stone (on top of the 3.5 stone I was carrying) over two years when I had to take Pred for PMR. Over the past six months I have been slowly decreasing the dosage and this week I am not taking any! Will now have to see if any symptoms return and if my ESR goes up when tested in a month.
    The purpose of this ramble is to say that over the same six months I have been on BSD WOE and have very slowly lost 2.5 stone. It will be interesting to see if I can lose more weight more quickly without th dreaded drugs.
    Take care
    X B

Please log in or register to post a reply.