1st October Starters Support Group

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by A new me
    on

I work up this morning feeling like I swallowed razor blades. I was sick last weekend and am sicker starting this weekend. Is it even possible to get 2 colds back to back? I am, however, so glad I logged on because your lovely comments have boosted my spirits. I especially want to shout out support to Carb Addict….you can do it!!!!! I love your idea about hanging skinny outfits outside the wardrobe. I did the same thing. I have a beautiful red skirt that I haven’t been able to squeeze into for a few years. I was determined to wear it at Christmas this year. I hung it up in the bedroom where I had to pass it each day. I can now wear it and it may actually be a little too big for me! It’s hard to get my head around what size I actually wear. I did a bra fitting the other day and I am back to wearing the same size I wore pre-children. I still don’t want to buy too much because I have a few more pounds to go. I love this group! Stay strong everyone, in this time of food frenzy.

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Hugs to those who need them and congratulations to those who don’t.

Another week done and a good for me loss
    1.10.16 – 114.2
    10.12.16 – 101.6

I am still not finding this diet easy but boy do I feel so much better than when I started. I remember thinking if I did not do anything about my weight I was going to die. Dramatic I know but true.
    I am able to go out for a walk without getting really breathless and in pain. I am sleeping much better, feel happier with myself and look forward to going out. Cloths and shoes feel bigger and my daughter says I should buy some new ones. I don’t feel ready to do it yet.

Challenge this week is lunch with the ladies from choir. But will have a diet coke or two and pick carefully from the menu.

Slow and steady wins the race.

• posted by Shadynook
    on

Hi all – I’ve been on this diet 9 weeks now and have lost 21lb, recently diagnosed diabetic after a fasting blood test, no symptoms so came as a massive shock. I was over weight and had just been prescribed tablets for high blood pressure but I never thought I’d be diabetic! I am still finding it difficult to come to terms with, feel it carrys a stigma that we are obese and lazy, well I have always exercised but the weight just crept on after the menopause and some knee problems. I’m not a ‘sweet tooth’ but love bread and potatoes! I am going to do 11/12 days next week sticking to 2 diet shakes during the day then have vegetables or soup in the evening and 2/3 litres of water. I am so desperate to awaken my pancreas and not have to take medication for the rest if my life !

• posted by Canidoit
    on

Good luck Shadynook you can do it! You’ll get support on here and lots of tips to keep you going. Don’t worry if you stall, we all do. 💙

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

I have some nice news to share: after avoiding the scales for weeks I forced myself back on them this morning to face the music as per the promise I made to myself last week. Talk about a surprise: I’m 100g lower than my lowest weight since I started BSD. I was expecting it to be a little higher than this, so whatever I gained since I eased up has already come off. Hurrah. A nice motivation to keep going with my restart.

I’m with you Fairyface: not finding it easygoing and some days am quite resentful about how little I can eat but I know the alternative is staying in the same overstuffed, unhealthy body that I have inhabited since my teens, and the same unhappy, low confidence mindset. Still having to take it one meal at a time. Woke up this morning from a dream where I was humiliated over my weight in public and am still smarting about it. However it now helps to know that I’m at my lowest weight in quite a while and that this is working.

Good luck Shadynook from me also: 21 lbs is brilliant and an internal body reset will surely follow.

A New Me: I hope you are feeling a little better by now, and yes it is possible to get two colds back to back. It means your immune system is a bit down. I would up the vitamin C, drink lemon water and cut out dairy, which is proven to generate mucus production and make colds worse. Good luck beating it!

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Thank you Canidoit for your good wishes for my husband😀 & glad you are feeling better👍
    Sarah well done resisting the buffet & hanging something outside your wardrobe that you want to be able to wear is a brilliant idea & worked for me!
    A new me if your throat is still feeling like swallowing razor blades you may have a throat infection & need antibiotics because that happened to me when I thought it was just a sore throat but eventually went to my GP & he looked & said my throat looked “red raw” & prescribed antibiotics that quickly worked!

The Christmas effect is already having a bad weight increasing effect on me & I have already gained three pounds that I think is mainly drinking wine & having some nibbles🙀🙀Hopefully most of it is the carb fluid gain rather than fat because my clothes are no tighter but the rot must stop now so strictly back to BSD inbetween the unavoidable social happenings. It’s so easy to gain weight again but I was gurgling last night with indigestion & have discovered I no longer like mince pies because it didn’t taste particularly nice & felt like a lump in my stomach. Oh well hopefully lesson learnt!!
    Good luck everyone & don’t make silly eating mistakes as I did!

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Wendy…..
    But it so hard to be good at this time of the year😢. I went to Sainsbury’s yesterday and I swear I counted 12 sample tasters of various treats..and they were chocolates, stollen,Irish cream liquor, cheese (ok for us ) prossecco(ok ish also) bread sticks, cheese straws etc. I wonder what a Bsd supermarket would look like😂😂😂probably dead boring. Something tells me it wouldn’t catch on.
    Miss Ziggy

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

Oh you two with the Christmas food!! Put it all down! Put it down now!! Don’t undo all your great work! You can have some next year instead….

Recipe tip here: I just had some baked wasabi mustard fish on a bed of pan-fried red chilli coconut courgette strips and it was so yummy! WHY DID I NOT TRY THE COURGETTE THING BEFORE? I peeled two small courgettes into strips with a potato peeler (no fancy spiralizers here) and fried them for a few minutes in a tablespoon of coconut oil (which in truth was too much – could have done it on two teaspoons). Added some black pepper and chilli flakes on top during the cooking. Then added the baked fish on top. It was one of my nicest experiments so far!!

At only 44kcals/4g carbs for the two courgettes and 120kcals/0 carbs for the coconut oil (although I will use less next time) it was very satisfying for so little kcal/carb count. (Watch out for the impending news story on the courgette shortage in Dubai: I may have to buy them all up…)

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Carb Addict…I am with you every step of the way…one meal at a time. I certainly would not say I have this diet cracked. Infant my husband has just said if he looses a kilo in the next three weeks he will be happy! I on the other hand don’t feel as though I can afford to eat anything that is not on the diet. I am doing it for health reasons and I need to keep on track.
    We are out tonight with a theatre package……drink and nibbles. So I have not had any breakfast, soup 150cals for lunch and mackerel frittata for dinner. So I can afford a g & t. I hope.

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

Back on to daily weighing like I did before (which works for me) – and the scales show 900g down overnight! <Punches the air!>. This takes me past the 6kg loss mark for the first time since I started and is proof to myself, yet again, that I will lose weight if I stick to it.

In imperial my loss is at 13.7lbs. So less than another half lb to go before I break the all-important ‘first stone’ barrier and 20% of my overall goal Let’s see if I can do it by tomorrow. Feels so good to be moving forward again.

Make sure you eat enough Fairyface! You need those 800 kcals! I’d love a G&T I admit, but need the food in my stomach to satiate me more than I need the liquid calories. Luckily for me, alcohol is something I can take or leave in entirety.

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Oh hell….nothing but cakes and chocolates appearing at work today. And at lunch time a pre Christmas gathering with a mountain of cupcakes and sausage rolls! I wished I started this diet in January 2016 😂😂😂😂

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Carb Addict. I only have a g&t on high days and holidays. I would much rather eat than drink;-)

Oh crumbs Miss Ziggy. I hope you have taken a salad box into work today and can avoid the cakes:-(

Just discovered my husband goes into the grandchildren sweetie and chocolate jar sometimes!!!!!!!!
    Damn and blast him. He is still maintaining a weight loss each week.:-0

Hugs to those who need them at this difficult time of year.

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

Yes I wish I had started this diet in January too – main because then I would have been skinny for this Christmas!

100g down overnight; hoped it would be more but yesterday’s was a big swoosh and you can’t have it all. And I’m apparently going through all the withdrawal symptoms I had when I started in October again. Exhausted, want to sleep all the time and grumpy! Anyway, ploughing on.

But in positive news I have booked a surfing lesson tomorrow. Having not surfed in six years (and never being good at it anyway) it’s still a fitness/outdoorsy lifestyle I aspire to, so I’m getting back on the horse/ board. You need to be fit with core abdominal strength. I am/have neither, so I am going to see if I can use surfing as a motivation to up the exercise quotient and start tightening up my belly and arm muscles in readiness for when all the fat has dropped off. I can only dream of a flattish stomach and defined arms/shoulders right now – they are QUITE the opposite. So I am thinking and acting positively! I’m sure I’ll be the only majorly overweight 41 year old on the surfari tomorrow but that’s now, not forever. So bring it on!

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Sarah you are doing so well & hurrah to your positive attitude💐💐 I hope you enjoy your surfing lesson. It’s damp grey & dreek here in Southern England but mild although frost is supposed to be coming back later in the week.

My increasing weight is a disaster zone & rather puzzling because I am back eating the BSD way although I suspect my quantities may be a bit hey wired!
    My body seems to be in rebellion again so it feels like it’s back to square one for me to try & stop the rot & I am out to dinner tonight at a Sicilian restaurant with limited protein choices for me because I don’t like mustard that’s been added to many of the meat & fish sauces.
    My husband has updated our age details on our Tanita scales so I hope they haven’t gone wonky in protest! Roll on January😬

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

Sorry to hear your weight is a bit haywire Wendy1947. It might well be your portion sizes: that is one of the things that has been a shock to me since I started BSD too. I used to eat enough for four people it seems!

In terms of your dinner tonight, I have learnt to speak up in restaurants and ask for things ‘off menu’ or to be altered a bit if I can’t find anything suitable on the menu. Don’t be afraid to ask for a simply grilled piece of meat or fish with no sauce or oil. It might not be on the menu but they will surely do it for you.

I have been fighting with myself a bit today on the food front so have had a calculated blow-out at lunch (seaweed salad, fish sticks and some dark choc) and will be pulling it back into line tonight with some grilled haddock and no-carb, very low kcal noodles, and an hour of walking. I’ve tracked it all and while I will have consumed 1000 kcals and 67g carbs by the end of today, so am over on both, I needed it today and it could have been FAR worse!! Plus an hour’s brisk walk will help a little. The kcals I can deal with; it’s the carb level I find so hard to stick to. But every day brings new learnings and new coping strategies and I think overall I’m doing well again. I’m determined to keep it up when I return to cold, dark Wales (and my mother’s cooking….) for Christmas hols! Luckily over here I am not surrounded by mince pies and the like!

• posted by PatC
    on

Hi everyone I have had child care duties over the last ten days and although reading your lovely posts I haven’t had time or have been too tired to do my own. Well, I reached the end of ‘my ‘ eight weeks’ last Saturday and got on the scales with great trepidation – but I had lost in total 10 lbs in weight, 3.5’in off bust, 3 in off waist and 1 in off my hips, no indigestion and far less bloated than I was at the start of this journey. SO, I was very pleased but December is a doubly difficult month as both my daughters have birthdays and of course all of the seasonal food and drink. ITs been so hot here today, 42 degrees on our balcony earlier and despite it being fairly late it’s still thirty degrees, I wanted a glass of crisp white wine, but just had a little topped up with icy water, but we had been out and had a Thai at the weekend, and despite being pretty conservative with what I ate, on went 2lbs, moral stick to the plan and lose weight. My eldest daughter has a big dinner planned in a local restaurant for Friday evening, I am doing baby steps and just want to go just below last Saturdays weight! Before the dinner! So some focus for me there, and then the weeks rundown to Christmas, the family do a themed Christmas Day every year and this y at its Caribbean so it’s been fun investigating what to cook, sadly it may turn into a two pound up day, this is a yoyo roller coaster ride!

Hope you are feeling better a new me, well done fairyface, miss Ziggy you always bring a smile to my face, and Sarah stick with it, – you and all of the others are wonderful, and I for one, would like to carry on posting on this forum, until every last one of this gang of dieters, can say, I have reached goal, – so can we carry on? – going to have another cold shower you’d think all this sweating, no my mum was a lady and called it perspiring would drop the weight off you, not so! No air conditioning in the apartment either! Love to all.

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Hi Pat – great results.

I don’t think I could cope with those temperatures. I’m assuming that like all fine ladies, you’re “merely glowing”. 😉

• posted by PatC
    on

Haha, jules – quite definitely glowing! Lying on the sofa with every window in the place open – I went round to my daughter’s house earlier in the day and we sat with our feet in the paddling pool whilst the children leapt in and out, heaven. It’s not usually this hot, a mini heatwave – its hotter tomorrow then it cools down to about 26, normally I love it because we lived in the UK and we have many more sunny days here, but I do miss a good frosty morning that’s a fact.

Going to seriously stick with the plan the rest of the week, BSD recipes here I come.

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

Pat, we missed you!!!! Welcome back.

Sounds like we will all just have to do our best over this testing period then. I have come to understand that the trick with all of this is not expecting to never fall off the horse, but to get right back on it when we do. None of the ‘I’ve blown it now, I might as well stuff my face and start again tomorrow’ attitude, but to get back on it in the next minute, the next hour. After all, as I read somewhere the other day, if we drop our phones on the floor accidentally, we don’t think ‘well, I’ve dropped my phone; I might as well smash it right up now’ do we?!!! I did chuckle at that…

Good luck everyone. We can do it!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

CarbAddict
    I also had a chuckle at that. Of course we we wouldn’t dream of doing that to our mobile phone. But when it came to food I have thought many times in the past that I have blown it so might as well stuff my face. But not since I started BSD in May and joined this forum so having all this support has made all the difference.

• posted by A new me
    on

Thanks for the get well wishes everyone. I am still feeling poorly so I stayed home today from work. We had a big snowstorm yesterday, so I did little but watch TV. I was dreading shovelling the end of my driveway this morning, where the snowplow went through, but my wonderful neighbour took care of it with his tractor. I am not feeling much like eating, but not much like cooking either. It’s times like this where I am tempted to munch on whatever is easiest. Willpower…I can do it!

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

A new me ……sorry you are feeling poorly 🤒🤒🤒 And I really envy your snow storm…I wish it would snow here. Oh and I like the stamping on your mobile phone story👍🏻Carb Addict…

MIss ZIggy

• posted by Natalie
    on

PatC I believe we had the hottest December night since 1972 last night (Sydney). I’m lucky we have air con, still didn’t sleep well. We are having a pool put in but unfortunately it’s not ready yet, still just a hole in the ground.

Carb Addict the analogy I heard is with brushing your teeth, if you miss doing it one time you don’t say “might as well not bother then, I’ll start brushing again on Monday”! Maybe that one goes better with not exercising. I like your phone analogy for the give up and binge mentality.

• posted by PatC
    on

Natalie – get that pool finished -‘we will all be round, ! Sarah we are saying it’s so hot here, no doubt hotter where you are? Loved the phone analogy, – i still think this forum is keeping me more focussed and uplifted than anything I have done before, as I have said in previous posts you are a group of friends on the same journey, and we will reach the end together. Onwards and downwards 😅

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

PatC
    Have just read your post and that is exactly how I feel. This forum is a group of friends all with the same goals and all supporting each other. The BSD is an amazing way of eating – but the forum is even more amazing.

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

I certainly emphasise with the temperatures Pat – it’s lovely here now (28 degrees) but we spent four months with the gauge stuck at 48 degrees this summer and I think most of us went stir crazy! I know I did. You can’t do pretty much anything in that heat! We get a brief respite over winter but 25 degrees is as cool as it gets during the day, and 15 at night. And for only six weeks before it ramps up again!

Well today has been ‘interesting’. No weighing in today: I went off to my surf class this morning at 0530 having not gone to bed in the night because I had to work right through it. So I had already been up for 24 hours by the time I was on my board in the water. Predictably I was rubbish at it and then got quite sea sick (!) and threw up a number of times. Left the beach with a bleeding knee, injured pride, utterly ravenous yet still feeling sick. Went to a local cafe where I satiated the motion sickness with carbs – it had to be done ladies. Have been wiped out since then. I sense my arms are going to kill me tomorrow. I think I might be too old for this game now…

But it was a NSV day because I faced some fears and got myself out there again. Plus I enjoyed the exercise. It has given me a starting point for some fitness improvement and I made some new acquaintances – both of which were also objectives. I’m expecting a gain tomo on the scales from the exercise and the carbs but c’est la vie: today, for the first time in six years, I went surfing. Hurrah!

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

(Oh, and I was able to comfortably fit into a swimming costume I haven’t been able to get into for a while – so that was a nice surprise at 5.15am. The first piece of clothing to now fit me again since I started BSD. All these little things help…)

• posted by Jo Gardner
    on

Hi, I started yesterday with my own version of the diet. I’ve just ordered the book which should arrive in early January. I really need to lose a lot more weight, but my mine aim is to get off the metformin for my type 2 diabetes and to get it … gone …!
    It’s so inspiring reading all your comments and to be with so many who are on the same journey.

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

Welcome Jo! You will find lots of support here.

Daily weigh-in: 700g on overnight. No less than what i deserved after yesterday’s post-exercise carbs, and expected. Not worried, I’ll take it off again in the next few days and I’m fully back on Fast800 today. My arms and back muscles hurt most satisfyingly today though. All my life I have dreamt of toned arms and shoulders: I have never worn a vest top in public. I love them on other people but I have been too self-conscious. But I can already see 2017 will be the year!

A New Me: hope you are fully recovered by now. I can well imagine all you want to do it eat comfort foods when it’s that cold. Hard challenge but you can do it. Brrr!

• posted by Jo Gardner
    on

Thank you Carb_Addict for the welcome. So glad to see that you are doing so well with your exercises. I am starting lightly with a brisk walk each day with my dog Misty. She pulls me along at a great rate of knots. I’m really feeling it in the hips but I’m hoping they will loosen up as days go by. I ride an electric scooter for distance travel or shopping and a walking frame for walking any distance. But I am able to walk without it if I only go about 8 house blocks out and then back.
    I believe you will get your vest and wear it in public too.

• posted by Fairyface
    on

1.10.16 – 114.2
    10.12 16 – 101.6
    17.10.16 – 101.1

Small loss for me this week. But I am grateful.
    Still not finding the diet second nature and looking forward to when I do.
    I also have difficulty keeping up with everyone on here. Sorry.

Continuing with the way of eating over the holiday period.

• posted by Jo Gardner
    on

Fairyface congratulations on your massive weightloss since October 1. Amazing work. Also for the great job this week. You must be thrilled with yourself. I am hoping something wonderful like that happens for me too. I haven’t got the book yet. It will arrive in early January. So I am doing my version of what I think the diet is for now; keeping under 800 calories and eating proteins and vegetables plus one banana a day. I’m just eating the low carb vegies. But it’s working a treat and I’ve had an exciting loss too in just the first four days. Will be so excited when I get to be 101.1. Wow! Well done Fairyface.

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Thank you Jo.

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Hello everyone & sorry for not posting lately but have been reading your posts😀
    Well one early family Christmas weekend completed today that was very enjoyable seeing grandchildren with their respective parents with eating carby food, drinking Buck’s Fizz & wine & three more get togethers including Christmas to still cater for. We are finding it an interesting deviation from our now more usual BSD way of eating with indigestion, feeling sluggish & more tired! Has anyone else noticed a change in their taste buds because we have now found that some things that we used to eat & drink taste differently? In particular sweet things taste less sweet, pastry is too stodgy & I couldn’t tolerate eating much, a crusty white loaf was tasteless & my favourite long drink of brandy with ginger ale & fresh lime juice didn’t taste as I remembered & was very disappointing even though I did add some more brandy😳😳🙀 As a result I can’t wait to get back to our BSD & feel as though I have learnt an interesting lesson in what my body prefers now. I will stand on my scales tomorrow to find out what damage has resulted from so this so called more “normal eating”. You all seem to be doing much better than we are coping with the seasonal festivities!

• posted by PatC
    on

Hi everyone, a quick post amid all the mayhem, difficult week two daughters having birthday ‘dos’ but tried to behave, didn’t work drank far too much but have managed to get it down, and actually reached a new lower weight for me only an oz lower, but I will take it on this sort of week, measurements the same.

I have started this Christmas week hoping I can get 2 lbs off, but we have a lunch on Wednesday and then a street party in the evening, so even one pound will do – I’m not proud!!!! MAybe, we should have all started this in January, but it doesn’t matter, each weigh in is a new goal and even if it goes up it doesn’t go up to what we were when we started. WEndy, you sound as though you are having as busy a time as we are! Well done fairyface, you are an inspiration- Welcome Jo, and you WILL wear a vest top in 2017 Sarah, we will all reach goal. X

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Well done PatC with your better dietary coping skills & sorry to not welcome you before Jo!
    I have had a very busy week preparing for my family coming to stay & putting up Christmas decorations etc.
    Fairyface do keep on leading the way & being inspirational & Sarah you will get there because you are so focused & determined now!!
    I have stood on my scales & since my lowest weight three weeks ago I have gained 5lbs so the rot stops now & my husband & I are back on the BSD today. I have more Christmas food to collect from M & S on Christmas Eve & quite frankly feel like not doing so! However what I also must do is make more sensible choices when carbohydrates are around & put my health & my body first!
    I have to have a wisdom tooth taken out on Thursday because of a dodgy filling that is deep & can’t be replaced which I am dreading because I am quite needle phobic, so that will probably slow up any Christmas eating anyway!
    I hope you all have a very Happy Christmas & am sure we will all hit the ground running in January.🎄🎄🎄🎺🎺🎺🍾🍾

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Oh & we are off to a Carol concert this evening & will see the film Rogue One on Thursday😀😀

• posted by PatC
    on

Hi Wendy – Good luck with the filling- as to the food and drink – we are just doing the best we can and no one can do better than that, every morning I get on the scales and when it goes down even a teeny bit, I feel like putting the flags out, then I eat and drink something wild like a piece of cake, a mince pie or a glass of something nice and two pounds goes on before I know it, and then focused hard work BSD until it’s down again, yoyo! Maybe it’ll be easier after Christmas, but my husband has booked one of his bucket list wishes, a restaurant in Sydney three weeks after Christmas eight courses with matching wines, then friends out from the UK, then my birthday, then a short holiday with the family, so I see a fair bit of yoyo going on in January, nevertheless, I and prob most of us are down on a start weight, and that’s an achievement. Woo hoo!

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Yes definitely still down on my start weight & we are just going to have a virtuous bowl of soup for lunch with the middle of a left over pork pie minus pastry & the big mushrooms recipe with some left over vegetables for supper😎😎

• posted by Canidoit
    on

Hello everyone,
    Well it’s the third week and I’m still not over this flu. It’s annoying constantly coughing and runny nose.
    I think lots of people in the UK are suffering with it at the moment.
    I’m still on 800 calories a day but think I should try out some “normal” food to see how I tolerate it before I enjoy my restaurant Christmas Dinner on the 25th. (Which is a first for me)
    I have a bit of a problem with what to wear – it’s a good problem though as everything smart I own is now too big! So I’ll have to face the packed shops and find something that fits.
    Everyone on this thread seems to be thinking positively and although we all may eat slightly more than we intend we all know the secret to making it disappear again.
    Roll on January. 🎄🎄🎄

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Wendy 1946 thank you for calling me inspirational! Never been called that before.:-)
    A friend came for lunch today we had chicken with ham wrapped around with stir fried green vey and red cabbage.. I made Nigellas clementine cake for pudding and had a small slice with fresh cream. What it has made me realise is I could very easily go back to eating as I did before this way of eating. So I do have to remain focused and I could slip so easily. I do not want to feel like I did before starting this diet. Swollen legs and ankles at the end of the day, not sleeping well and not being able to walk very far among a host of other things. Feeling so lousy I thought I would die if I did not do something about my diet. I can now go out for a walk and be comfortable, breath and walk and the same time……wow …..its wonderful.

Hugs to those who are struggling and fist bumps to those who are doing okay.

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Hope all goes well at the dentist Wendy.

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Hi All,
    I think Wendy mentioned a change in her taste buds. I have noticed that my taste buds have been affected too. I used to love Lindt Lindor chocolates you know those red wrapped chocolate truffle balls and
    Used to be able to eat my way through a lot a lot a lot ..loads !! I popped one in my mouth today at work and I didn’t enjoy it – far too sickly!!! I also ate a few of my favourite sweet chilli sensations crisps and hated the sweetness of these too. I feel there is a danger if i start to eat these things again on a regular basis I will set my taste buds back to what they were😱So glad I am not liking this foods at the moment. Normally At this time of the year I have a stock of these crisps in the house but none so far. So compared to this time last year I am eating a ton less of the bad stuff👍🏻

MIss ZIggy 😜

• posted by Fairyface
    on

With you all the way Miss Ziggy. I am so enjoying my food. Everything I am cooking is from the recipe book. I would so like a bag of crisps but if I have one it will set me off on the slippery slope.

• posted by Fairyface
    on

PatC…..thank you for your kind comment.
    Get well wishes to all who need them.x

• posted by PatC
    on

Bad day – so hungry for carbs – how weird!

• posted by Jo Gardner
    on

I had that on Sunday PatC and completely blew it. In control again Monday morning thankfully.

• posted by PatC
    on

Suffering but my extras have been a pork sausage and a glass of Shiraz! (I know how to live! ) – plus normal 800 BUt it doesn’t take much to get into dangerous territory, early night and plenty of water I think – but I was so keen to reach a new low for Christmas – even if by the tiniest amount under my lowest weight but the attack of the munchies is fighting back! !jo was it difficult to get back into control on the Monday ? I have a Christmas lunch out tomorrow in circular quay with friends – watch this space! Love to all

• posted by Jo Gardner
    on

No it wasn’t a problem PatC. I felt so annoyed and disgusted with myself, and the scales had jumped up, so I was determined to get back to it. I just have to learn how to take control next time and ‘resist’ … if I can.

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Down 1/2lb that is probably fluid with much reduced carbs yesterday but did have a small icecream tub at The Locrian Ensemble Christmas concert we went to that we much enjoyed.
    Canidoit so sorry to hear you are still feeling poorly & hope you feel much better in time for Christmas Day. Fairyface you are welcome & still inspirational 😀
    PatC stick in their watching what you are eating! My husband & I are back to trying to only eat 800 low carb calories for the rest of this week, Christmas temptation notwithstanding but will relax over the Christmas weekend.
    Jo it does take time to be able to work this way of eating into our lifestyles as our posts are continuing to demonstrate but we will all be able to get back into the swing come January!
    Miss Ziggy I also am experimenting tasting different foods & find I have gone off many. I made a family favourite egg free chocolate wacky cake as a Christmas cake for my granddaughter because she reacts to egg at the moment. It tasted weird to me, my family liked it, & I don’t want to eat it so will cut it up & take it to my WI Christmas party to get it out of the house. I also don’t like the Hester Blumenthal new mince pies! I have noticed during the last few days my ankles & knees are unhappy & I was very sniffly with a runny nose last night that I’m wondering is all food related? Certainly my body has reacted to my few pounds weight gain. It’s all very weird & I can only assume my body & joints much prefers low carb eating as well of course being lighter in weight.

Please log in or register to post a reply.