1st October Starters Support Group

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

Warning: miserable rant ahead.

I am feeling distinctly grumpy today. Fat, unattractive, resentful, low in self-confidence and grumpy. Hormone-related? Possibly. Work-stress? Possibly a bit too. But I think much of it because, having reapplied myself and started tracking again, I feel so limited in my choices and amount I can eat, and I am starving. It feels like the beginning all over again where the energy soar and the benefits haven’t kicked in yet and you just feel, well, rubbish.

I know I just have to stick with it and that I’ll feel better about myself again soon, as before. I find myself envious of everyone else’s successes but then I have been far too relaxed in month two to have generated the results so accept I could have been in the same boat if I had been more consistent. And I know that it works for me and if I don’t stick to it I don’t lose weight. But with just over four stone still go (assuming I haven’t gained any – too scared to check) to it seems like it’s going to be a never-ending battle and I’m so sick of this 25 year broken record.

So I’m just going to plough on in the knowledge that it will get easier again, like it did before. This time last month I felt great. I HAVE made lots of changes and I am eating differently to two months ago so there is much to celebrate to be fair. I guess that, at the core, I feel like I won’t be truly happy with myself until I crack this and this seems like a long way off, if at all ever.

I’ll feel better shortly, I know it. I just needed to let off some misery-steam. Thank you for listening x

PS: My brother has already given up (!) and has headed out for a burger…

• posted by topcac
    on

Morning Carb Addict. It’s pants when you feel like this right? You can’t remember what it felt like to feel great and you’re resentful that you don’t feel better but deep down you know it’s you that’s done it.

Snap πŸ™

But hey, guess what, we’re all human, we are all battling against the GP and the magazines that say we should like like stick insects and the movie stars that eat a pea and a lettuce leaf twice a week and the skinny people in our lives that can eat chocolate and crisps all week and not put on a pound. But we have an answer. BSD. It’s bl**dy hard work and sometimes we just want to sink into a bottle of wine or a bowl of popcorn…and sometimes we do…but at the end of that we can still go back and try again. Some people have had to start again every day for months and some have found it easy – most of us are somewhere in the middle and all of us have success if we stick to it.

So don’t beat yourself up, you are not your brother, you started this for a reason and that reason still exists, just give yourself small goals, it’s 27 days till Christmas, break it down into 3 x 9 days and just work on those nine days at a time, or one day, or one hour but you can and will do it.

I put on 1.5lbs this week – am gutted, it’s my own fault – I have to own it. It sucks!

Sending hugs x

• posted by PatC
    on

Oh Sarah, fat lot of good your brother has been ( if you’ll excuse the pun, Hee he, men, well some of them – useless!!!!

As topcat says do it a little at a time, I for one am not stopping at 8 weeks, (and yes I will eat the wrong things in the run up to Christmas – both my daughters birthdays the week before Christmas and yes I have had every joke re doing it once a year thank you) I will drink when it’s an event, but in between I will stick to this bloody blood sugar diet, (can you swear on here, sorry everyone) because – drum roll – it works if you stick to it – even for me a failed dieter, with a thyroid problem who is nearly 68 ( no hope then!) but yes it works, I was doing so well just before I went away, but this week we have the challenge of the end of the eight weeks, so I am going to focus, eat properly this week and drink lots of water, and see what happens.

Dear, Sarah you will be fine, drink a lot of water, go to bed and cut the day into segments tomorrow and through to the end of the week, as I said a few posts ago wouldn’t it be lovely if we could all meet for a drink somewhere lovely and give each other a hug, we can do this. Love x

• posted by PatC
    on

Jeeps I hope I don’t get reported for swearing… eek

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

PatC all you did was add a y! It is the blood sugar diet😬😬😎
    Sarah adding any extra carbs automatically causes more fluid retention so we feel more fat & weigh more so when carbs are reduced you pee more & lose weightπŸ‘We are all here supporting you with all our ups & downs & my husband & I also ate more & drank wine over our birthday weekend & it’s come off so yours will too!!!

Monday weigh in at end of sevens weeks. My husband lost three pounds & has now gone from 13stone 1 & 1/2lbs to 11stone 6 & 1/2lbs that is losing 23 pounds in seven weeks with one more week to go. I think he is now at his optimum goal weight because he is just under six feet tall but have suggested when he sees his GP after his eight weeks blood test he checks with her.
    I have lost two pounds & have gone from 13stone 8lbs to 12stone 7 & 3/4lbs so just over 14lbs lost in seven weeks. However I have 2 & 1/2 stone more to lose to get to the top end of my recommended weight range because I am 5ft 3inches tall but reaching 9 & 1/2 stone would be better and I haven’t weighed that since I got marriedβ˜ΊοΈπŸ™€
    Oh well onwards & downwards for another week to see where we end up!!

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Remember skinny peoples weight fluctuates too!! 😜😜😜
    Miss Ziggy

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Got on the scales this morning after a night away this weekend. 1.1kg on!
    I drank two gin & slimline tonics, 1 mulled wine. Three course meal which consisted of a salmon terrine starter,
    cod and leeks with potato (did not eat potatoes)and cheese and biscuits (did not eat the biscuits). Cooked breakfast Sunday morning of egg, bacon, sausage and tomato.
    Scrambled egg and salmon for lunch and gammon with red cabbage for dinner last night.
    I have only drank a little water over the two days so I am hoping its fluid retention as my ankles and legs were swollen last night!

I had felt really happy with myself being in control of my eating over the weekend! I just hope the scales are a bit happier with me on Saturday morning:-(

• posted by Inka13
    on

Wendy 1947, thank you for that explanation about carbs causing water retention, although I should have twigged to this ages ago, the penny just dropped! Couldn’t work out why a couple of wines and a tiny bit of ‘white’ carbs could make me put on 4 pounds!! Now I know why! And how it would come down again so quickly!
    Cheers! X

• posted by Inka13
    on

Sarah, am doing the same at this end, so frustrating, sabotaging towards the end of each day- all that hard work!
    BUT remember you are so much healthier than when you started, lots of shrinkage on the inside, too, don’t forget, and habits slowly changing. Even a bad bsd day is better than your best past day in your previous life!
    I too can’t believe that everyone’s successes could have been mine if I’d been a little stronger. But it doesnmean it won’t happen tomorrow. And the fact that you are back on board means the record is off the turntable so be proud
    that you have found the strength to go on. We all believe in you. Xxxxxx

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

Thank you ladies, you are all so sweet and I am grateful for it.

There’s bread in the house currently (for my brother) and I have caved in and eaten four small pieces of toast this afternoon as a result. My eating is 100% emotional today, not need driven. But have stopped now, am defrosting some soup for dinner, chucking a couple of litres of lemon-infused water down my neck and have decided to drive to some leaving drinks tonight so that I am not tempted to sink into a few gin and tonics too. An evening of Diet Coke and hold-the-peanuts here we come.

Some days I can’t even take it day by day – it’s hour by hour. Today is one of those days indeed. But seeing your results which proves it can be done, and knowing I’m not alone in this struggle, is a great comfort and inspiration to me. Thank you x

• posted by Canidoit
    on

Ha ha ha ha Pat C, I think it was me not reading properly. The “since” in the sentence should have told me. X

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Finding myself home alone today I was thinking about just how much this diet has affected us. THis diet is certainly different. To everyone that thinks they are doing badly..you are not!! As another poster said think of all the good happening on the inside. Not many people have noticed my weight loss but there are little things that only I can notice that make it all worth while. I won’t mention the things I have written about in my previous posts again but here are some new things.

*I used to get home from work with an urgent need to remove my bra!!😱And not for amorous reasons. WHen I did remove it my bra had left deep and very sore indentations in my shoulders and under my boobs. No wonder I wanted rid of it. This week I have noticed that all my bras are comfortable again😊And I don’t give it a thought when I get home.
    *I can now wear an expensive belted puffa coat bought the year before last in Phase Eight!
    *necklaces seem to hang/look better…..must have lost fat around my neck tooπŸ€”
    *Painting my toenails is easier
    All of you having a hard time please keep going, it will work!

MIss ZIggy

• posted by lozzer57
    on

A big big thank you to Mixnmatch, Jenni from the block and Carb Addict for the support and advice you gave me last week when I was feeling a bit down, you gave me the boost I needed to stay on track and I’m glad to say at the end of week four I’ve lost nearly 3 ins off my bust and hips, 2 ins off my stomach and 1 in off my thighs, 10 lbs down and halved my BGLs. If I hadn’t got the support from this forum I could of easily have started cheating but thanks to you I feel I can finish this 8 week diet knowing there’s always help here. So thanks again ( not that after 8 weeks I’ll stop, I’ve got a way to go yet ).

• posted by PatC
    on

Omg I had the cauliflower mash tonight,cooked in the microwave and whizzed in the processor – wonderful – hope you are all ok – be ready to be impressed – I lost 2 oz this morning- ok not a lot – but down – woo hoo

• posted by PatC
    on

Struggling today, we have had both of the grand children here today and their food seemed mighty interesting, craving carbs today, going to drink a mass of water and have a cup of tea as a treat, just found dulce de leche in the freezer, I wanted to eat it so much I had one teaspoon and then put washing up liquid over it to stop me eating it…

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Goodness PatC what strong resolution you have πŸ‘πŸ‘
    I have also been struggling carb wise & for something sweet particularly since my husband has reached his ideal weight now so I think I have mentally relaxed on so strictly keeping to 800 calories. We went over last night because I needed to use up our left over roast chicken so made MM’s Red Thai Curry with the chickpea flatbreads to go with it. Because there were some extra flatbreads at 9-0pm I then ate one with honey on itπŸ˜₯πŸ™€πŸ™€but kept within my BMR so it was about 1200 calories & my husband had eaten more chicken than me.
    I must get my head back on track for the rest of the week & am now going to do some exercise to the Jane Fonda DVD I have that includes much needed arm exercises! Bat wings have nothing on my flappy underarms at the moment but I did have a pleasant surprise this morning of trying on a skirt that I was convinced was too short in length to find it just below mid-calf now so my previously larger tummy & bottom must have hitched it up moreπŸ˜‡I have avoided wearing skirts so my awful legs don’t go on show but will wear it out to lunch next week.
    We can do this & keep going despite meals out & Christmas activities & 2017 will reveal us all finally reaching our goal weights!!

• posted by PatC
    on

I don’t at all, Wendy 1947, but remember doing it (washing up liquid) on WW – but I know me and I wanted that dulce more than I can say and I would have eaten it ALL!

My clothes aren’t that differen but my face s thinner and I like what I see in a photograph a bit better, but sideways on in a shop window – still an apple, I have been on a plateau all week except for two ounces ( I know, you are all so impressed! ) no seriously because of the holiday week off I consider I am a the end of week 7 but will post stats on Saturday, my loss is small in comparison with a lot of you, but as I said, nearly sixty eight, thyroid problems, and been on one diet or another since I was nineteen, my small loss is a revelation to me, and i will carry on, obviously Christmas isn’t going to be easy, and I will eat carbs, and drink wine, but then carry on until my goal weight. I like the way I feel, I like the energy I have, I like the lack of indigestion, I like sleeping better, so it’s a bit of a like like situation though I miss my Shiraz, but needs must, hope you are all ok, it’s been mega quiet on here this week ❀️

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

Right then, I am back from a few days in Saudi Arabia where I was force-fed chocolate and bread for lack of other options. I am only half-joking: two meals I was presented with in work were entirely comprised of chocolate. Still too scared to weigh! I feel bloated, with a gripey stomach and that I have been undoing all the great previous work…. arrgh.

So I’m doing a weekend of partial fasting (two vegan protein meal replacement shakes per day then soup and salad for dinner) to alleviate and debloat my sore stomach and then will recommence BSD properly (again) on Sunday with the intention to go hard at it until Christmas then a small break and then back on it again. No more excuses.

Onwards!!!!

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Hope your day went well Sarah!

• posted by PatC
    on

Hi everyone, I will post stats before I go off to my daughter’s 40th birthday party and quaff lots of things I shouldn’t!

Even though it’s the end of eight weeks for us, I will post stats again next week and consider that my eight weeks (I went on hols for a week and didn’t behave!) is next Saturday.

So, down weight 9.6 lbs my lowest weight for nearly thirty years, bust – Lost 2.5 inches, waist – 3 inches, and hips 1 inch

It’s not a lot, and I have weight loss envy of a lot of you, but also want to say well done, as I said before NO diet has worked for me since WW in 1986 ( where basically I starved ) my fault not WW – but this way of living is so good, no indigestion (I have suffered for years and years Gerd is not nice), deep sleep – from an insomniac to a really good sleep , the increased energy and loss of bloat – and of course the weight loss so thank you Emily (and I hope you are OK) for starting this forum and Michael Mosley for this wonderful diet and site, and all of you fantastic people who have become friends, talking of which, hang in there Sarah, you can do it! X

• posted by A new me
    on

I can’t believe it’s the end of week 8! I have lost 30 lbs and 6 inches of my waist. I have 2 lbs to lose before I am at a normal BMI. I was trying to remember when I last lost this much weight and I realised it was when I went through a traumatic personal experience and when I was seriously ill. I have never done it on my own motivation. I must thank the author of the book and the members of this forum. I couldn’t have done it without you. I just came back from my staff Christmas party and behaved myself, eating only salmon and a salad. This time last year a Christmas party would have had me over indulging in everything. I am going to keep going until I lose another 10 lbs and reach the middle range of a normal BMI for my age and height. Good luck everyone and thanks again!

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hey new me! This is fantastic work! Congratulations!!! You have every reason to be proud of yourself. So very glad to hear of your success!!

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Well done Pat and A new me….

We’ve all done well on this so congratulations to everyone. I went out last night a pre booked meal so I decided to have a day off the diet. With a choice between smoked haddock fish cakes, lasagna, sausage and mash, or vegetarian pasta I really could not do BSD. This morning and during the night my stomach is churning and I feel nauseous ☹️😩 I am another person that over the years has suffered with GERD IBS etc but on this diet I have had none of those symptoms while on BSD. The good news is and because of the way I feel I can’t wait to get back to BSD today. πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» I am glad I decided last week not to go to a work “cup cakes and prossecco party” today. I am not sure my stomach would have coped.
    My husband has bought me a cup of lemon and ginger tea to help settle my stomach.
    Onwards and upwards to Christmas πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
    MIss Ziggy

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

Sorry you are suffering! But how great is that also our bodies are saying oh no you can’t do that! Nothing like an incentive to carry on with the BSD way of life.

I’m currently reading the bestseller “the gut” by G Enders it’s very easy to read and a fascinating explanation of the role the gut plays in all aspects of our health. ( no commercial links I promise). But it does explain why a lot of stomach pains and problems go away on this diet.

And a couple of NSVs firstly my bath towel wraps around me with no gap at the front any more. Secondly dear hubs stomach has been playing up so midnight last night he came downstairs and had a couple of spoonfuls of Fage yoghurt..a man who does not do yoghurt..will have to stock up.

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Well done PatC & a new me on your weight loss & completeting eight weeks, with another week to go for you PatC.
    Our eight weeks is completed on Monday 5th so my husband & I will weigh then & post our progress.
    This has been an amazing learning curve for us & we are so grateful to Michael Mosley & everyone participating on this wonderfully supportive forum for enabling us to work through this whole beneficial process.

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Well this my second day of using rose hip oil on my face and I have to say that I am pleased with it alreadyπŸ™‚ My skin seems smother and much more hydrated. It’s strange because although the oil is quite thick it quickly disappears into the skin. I used it for two nights and used it this morning with no greasiness or shine! I bought it from Amazon for Β£12.95. It comes in a very smart blue bottle with a pipette dropper. And you get 4 fl oz. the company name…NEW YORK BIOLOGY…
    I still haven’t done any exercise but have started doing the *plank*everyday. I haven’t noticed any changes except that I can hold the plank a little bit longer. Hopefully it is strengthening my core.
    I made some more scotch eggs today and spicy chicken wings .
    Oh I have also found another good web site…
    http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/low-carb-starter-kit/
    ENjoy your Sunday
    MIss ZIggy

• posted by Canidoit
    on

Hi everyone well I’m at 8 weeks too but my diet has gone to pot. I’ve got flu and feel awful so not really eating anything much. I feel so weak and have spent much of the last 2 days in bed. I haven’t had enough water either but hopefully when I’m feeling better I’ll get back into it as I’m doing a few extra weeks up until Christmas. Keep up the good work everyone and good luck to Wendy1947 and your husband with his appointment. Miss ziggy you’ve reminded me that I bought some Fushi organic rosehip oil that I really should use as my skin is so dry with this flu. X

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Canidoit I’m so sorry to hear you have flu & hope that you will soon be feeling much better. You must take it easy even when recovering because it really takes it out of you. Do try & take in liquids & even honeyed water with a little salt will keep you going if you don’t feel like eating. Please keep us posted as to how you are getting on.
    With very best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    Margaret xxx

• posted by Inka13
    on

Good going everyone, great results! Miss Ziggy, glad you are liking the rosehip oil and doing some planking! It is super effective.
    Canidoit how are you feeling? I hope things are on the mend, flu is horrible.
    How are you going Carbaddict?
    I am pushing on with the 800 to try and atone for the many slips with the cup and the lip!! Then relent a little at Christmas and then straight back into another 8 weeks..

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Monday 5th October end of our eight weeks result.
    I started on Monday 3rd October weighing 13stone 8 & 1/4lbs & now weigh 12 stone 6 & 1/4lbs so have lost a total of 16lbs.
    My husband also started on Monday 3rd October weighing 13stone 1 & 1/2lbs & now weighs 11stone 4 &1/4 lbs so has lost 1stone 11 & 1/2lbs a total of 25 & 1/2lbs. His bloods now remain steady around 5.🌟🌟🌟
    We both sleep better, have lost any occasional reflux or feeling of indigestion we had & generally feel well & more energetic.
    My husband now has to stop losing weight having reached his goal weight so will start eating breakfast everyday that we had stopped to give us more calories for lunch & supper. The plan for him is to carry on this Blood Sugar Diet way of eating but to gradually increase his calorie intake up to 1500 calories to match his BMR then see how much extra he needs to eat to stabilise his weight at this level.
    I will relax a little this week because I feel a bit fed up now & miss an occasional glass of wine & we have two lunches with friends to go out to enjoy this week? I am not diabetic but must lose my extra weight because I have had breast cancer & want to try to prevent that returning & have arthritic knees so feel better carrying less weight. I plan to continue this diet in eight week blocks with an inbetween more relaxed week to pep my body & probably to have a glass of wine at the weekends as a treat. Christmas will no doubt prove to be a bit testing diet wise but I will be all guns blazing from Boxing Day & into the new year to finally achieve my weight loss goal.
    This has become such a learning curve in how to view & eat food that low carb eating will be our way of life now. Thank you all for your wonderful support & Michael Mosley for all the helpful research he does on this & many related issues🍾🍾
    My husband goes for his end of eight weeks blood test this morning & his GP appointment this week for a medication review. I will post how he gets on & also my continuing hopefully downwards weight loss pathway & look forward to reading the experiences of everyone else carrying on with this way of eating.

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

Well done everyone – thrilled to see your results at the end of the 8 weeks. Everyone has done amazingly!!! Especially pleased for those among us who doubted they’d be able to stick to it or see any results. Yes I am talking to you, PatC in Sydney!!!

So my ability to stick to the programme has been inconsistent – nothing new for me – and that has been reflected on the scales. As life gets back to normal here after a crazy few weeks, I have gotten myself back on the BSD path (again). But for once I am not beating myself up over the ‘failures’ along the way: instead I am choosing to see myself as human and this as a long road. I was at an all-time low in my self-confidence eight weeks ago and, although the difference on the scales is not great, the difference in my mind and spirit is. And even though I have been shooting over the kcal/carb limit of late, I’m also eating differently 90% of the time and that’s a real result for me too.

I have so many learnings out of the last eight weeks. Here are a few:
    1) I CAN live on 800 kcals without losing the will to live
    2) I have a LOT more energy when I’m not stuffing my face with fried potatoes
    3) I CAN drive past a McDonald’s drive-in without exchanging my hard-earned money for a filet-o-fish
    4) Taking it one day at a time is the ONLY way to go when you have a lot to lose – one meal at a time when necessary – and you have to get back on it immediately if you deviate
    5) My body WILL lose the weight at the speed it bloody well wants to; my job is to just follow the plan and let it do its own thing
    6) I CAN go without pasta and NOT DIE a miserable slow death on the kitchen floor and be eaten by my subsequently starving cats

So, where do I go from here? Basically, I’m going to keep on going. But I’m not looking at this as an eight-week thing anymore, I’m looking at it as following the Fast 800 on as many days of the week as I possibly can, and stick to the low carb M plan on the days when I need more than 800 until I get down to my goal weight. I’ve totally eased up on the timeframe stuff compared to how I was in the beginning. I now feel I will get there but I accept I may be sometimes moving forwards and sometimes moving backwards. It’s the general trend which matters more. I am accepting of the thought that it could well take another year, but obviously I hope it will be less.

I have found this thread a great support: the question is: should those of us who are carrying on be starting a new one or continue on this one? I can see that I will be posting less frequently but I still intend to post, and I’d love to keep up with all your news too. We could even start a Facebook group if everyone is on there? Any thoughts?

Well done again everyone: this has been a challenging but ultimately brilliant re-boot for us. I’m so glad I did it and I’m so glad to have ‘met’ you all along the way. THANK YOU.
    Sarah

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Hi Carb Addict

Well done for taking control. You seem to have a good positive attitude that will work wonders for you while on BSDπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

I don’t have a facebook account but would open one to join in with others from here.

MIss ZIggy

• posted by Avila
    on

I totally agree with that list Carb Addict – but especially 5 !!

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Well done also to you Sarah for working through what will work for you. I know I will be around for awhile as I try to increase calories for my husband the temptation will be for me to also eat more but still keeping to the low carb way of eating. I also don’t really do facebook so would prefer to still post on here & see how people are getting on.Could we be continuing October Starters?

• posted by Nickix
    on

Well done everyone! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ so proud of us all. I haven’t had time to post as been so busy with work and family etc especially my daughter and grandson with xmas coming up but I’ve been reading all your posts and miss Ziggy your famous in my house as my husband is always asking how your doing! Usually as he doesn’t get to see me as much as he’d like if i go on my emails at home he moans but he’s so happy and proud of what I’ve achieved with your help he thinks of you all as family now! So thank you.
    This way of eating is so good and so much better for me that the thought of going back has no apeal to me.
    We went for afternoon tea with my daughter and family for xmas last weekend and i had a sandwich which tasted of cardboard and i had half a scone and a slither of cake and I didn’t enjoy any of them and I felt so bad after!!
    We had a busy weekend this weekend as 2 parties 2 nights running and I tried digging out my old jeans to go to one to try as a laugh size 14! They where too big! My belt is 6 notches up! I’ve now lost nearly 2 stone but the inches! Well so chuffed.
    We have to keep this going to help us maintain an I agree I feel I’ve made some wonderful caring friends.
    Love to all ❀️ X

• posted by PatC
    on

Quick rant, will post properly tomorrow as no time today, put on 2 lbs arghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

So it sounds like we will continue to post here and support each other via this thread then – great stuff.

A good day at my end: feeling focused and calm. I won’t be weighing myself until next Sunday in order to build up a head of steam: my trousers started rolling down again so I know I must have put on weight in the last few weeks and I cannot face the scales/ the truth just yet! But it’s going to come off again and a whole lot more. My first goal is to get back to where I was a few weeks back – i.e. when I had lost 5kgs and was feeling great – and then I will keep on with mini-goals of 3kgs at a time as per the original plan. Celebrations and non-food treats planned for each milestone reached!

Keep going everyone. And PatC: relax…if you have fallen off the wagon get back on it, and if you haven’t then it’s probably water! x

• posted by Miranda
    on

I am so pleased that we are continuing with this thread. It really inspires me and makes me feel that I am not alone or the only one who fails at times.
    Congratulations to everyone on their splendid weight losses and vanishing waist lines
    I am afraid I can never stick rigidly to a diet so although I am losing the fat, it is slow and steady. Carb addict, if like me it is to be the basis of a lifestyle, then I think a little cheating is allowed at times. I am sure that you eat no way near your pre BSD days. I cringe when I consider what I could eat on my piggy days.!,
    Have got the daughter in law on this and my main advice was join a thread, it really helps you. Just hope hers is as good as this. Where would I have found out about Rosehip oil?
    So at end of 8 weeks lost a stone, and dropped a dress size. I have been this weight in recent memory but not seen such a dramatic shape change, becoming more of a cylinder as opposed to a rectangle! Packed up my big trousers and when in 12-14 will give them away. Still bemused that my food craving is so bizarre, not chocolate, stodgy puddings but a fish finger sandwich, I do give the dog a fair bit. Love the way the ‘third eye’ ( muffin top) otherwise known as
    ‘glutton ‘expands with the carbs. I am trying oregano oil for a while as that helps with bad gut bacteria
    We will get there, I shall just be bringing up the rear!,

• posted by A new me
    on

I really hope that we will all continue to post in this thread. Even though I have reached my original goal, I still look here to stay motivated to keep going forward. I have finally reached a normal BMI (mind you, the top end of it!) and I am thrilled, but I will continue on a little further before maintenance. I haven’t been this weight in 20 years. I have lost 33 lbs in 8.5 weeks and am so grateful for this diet and the support here. I love hearing all of your stories, struggles and successes.

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Hi Everyone. I am still sticking with it. Some days easier than others. Weight is coming off very slowly but I am happy with that.
    We (hubby) are still enjoying making the meals out of the recipe book. Loved the biriyani meal two nights ago but I can still smell
    it in the house. Does not put us off cooking it again because it was really nice. We are really enjoying the meals in the book and manage to freeze some portions. I am intending carrying on over the christmas holidays. Husband will eat what he wants and perhaps have a drink or two. Not saying I won’t have a glass of wine or a g&t if I fancy one. But will be sensible as we have a few family party between christmas and new year.

Starting weight 1st October was 114.2
    3rd October 102.7

I really would like to get into the 15st something in the next week or two.

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Oh I know what you mean fairyface. I plan on sticking with it too for the most part. Like you I will be enjoying a drink or few over Christmas and New Year. The big difference between this and last year leading up to Christmas is that last year I would have bought a packet of minced pies every week starting in November😱. We would eat one or two a day with a cup of tea. Last year I would be stocking up on all the usual Christmas nibbles,crisps and frozen party food and we would start eating them way before Christmas. THis year I haven’t bought any of it. So there are no tempting treats in the house at the moment. I have plans to make our treats for us to enjoy with a glass of wine. Chicken satay,spicy nuts and cheese wrapped in prosciutto etc. This way I have to make an effort to snack. I am looking forward to my Christmas morning Buck’s Fizz and a snow ball or two😁 πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ». To be honest there is nothing from non BSD food that I crave except wine and gin!

MIss ZIggy

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Hi Miss Ziggy. In the run up to Christmas I have been like you. Buy…eat…buy …eat. But this year having felt so awful and ill before I started the bsd I am not having anything in the house we cannot eat on this diet. I might buy extra nice cheese but no crisps or chocolate for us. Will have to get some potatoes and bread in for our family. But I am only catering for the one day! Red cabbage, stuffing, pigs in blankets are all in the freezer ready along with the turkey crown and ham. Love your idea of cheese wrapped in prosciutto and we always now have a selection of nuts in the store cupboard.
    Sounds daft but health wise I really don’t feel as though I can slip back to my old ways of eating. Even for a couple of days.
    I can now see how my body is changing, I have a bounce in my step and I feel sooooooo much better than I did before the diet.

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Miss Ziggy & Fairyface you have given me some good ideas for over Christmas entertaining. Unfortunately the number of eating occasions is increasing & I weighed myself this morning & have already put on two pounds so I feel rather disgusted with that. It seems the moment carbs & any alcohol pass my lips it’s reflected in weight gain & I have a slightly uncomfortable stomach. I think our bodies like the BSD way of eating & I now can’t wait to get Christmas out of the way to get back to eating only BSD food. It seems that higher carb eating is the way everyone else eats & I suppose I just notice it much more & cringe at the way I used to eat “normal” food with lots of bread, pasta & potatoes. We have to have a quick supper tonight because of French class so I think a bought sauce over courgetti & butternut squashetti!

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

HoorayπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŒŸπŸŒŸ
    My husband is back from his post eight weeks check with his GP & she is regarding him as no longer diabetic because his bloods & weight are so good!! He has had his medication further reduced to one Metformin tablet twice a day & he is to have another blood test in three months time & he was advised to no longer to do his own blood tests. However I think he should do a weekly one over the Christmas period to check the effects of any carbs he eats. So he is now on to a maintenance diet & his GP recommended immediately increasing his carbs to BMR which for him is 1500 calories daily.
    So our BSD experiment has been a success for him🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🍾🍾🍾🎺🎺🎺

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

Wendy1947: this is BRILLIANT news! Wonderful to hear and proof that this works. You must be both over the moon: I am for you and I don’t even know you!!!

And, as for you, A New Me, it is results like yours that are helping to keep me going. You have done utterly amazingly and I am MOST jealous!!!!! Your 33lbs off is a really, really big deal. I congratulate and admire you too!!!!!

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Thank you Sarah! We did have a celebratory lunch out yesterday at our local BrasserieπŸ˜€

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

PRETTY BRA ALERT!!

Look I know you think I am obsessed with bras……but I had to share. A bra I hadn’t worn for years and refused to get rid of…well……I PUT ON A PRETTY BRA!!!!!!! today and boy do I look perkyπŸ˜œπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    I draw a line at bras though as I will NEVER NEVER EVER I MEAN NEVER wear a g-string/thong again 😐

MIss ZIggy

• posted by Fairyface
    on

I have just coughed whilst drinking my fruit tea reading your bra news Miss Ziggy. Husband has just asked what I am laughing at……
    Enjoy wearing your pretty bra. πŸ™‚

• posted by Canidoit
    on

Hello All
    Well I’m 80% over my flu now. I still sound pretty bad apparently but feel much more human. I’m back on diet and did manage to lose 1lb this week. I am at the top of the normal range of bmi now too A new me but I am aiming for the middle of it. I am slightly concerned about introducing more carbs over Christmas as so many people on here have said they feel uncomfortable /stomach ache after eating them again. I’m not planning on going mad but maybe a roast potato and a tiny bit of Christmas pudding.
    Wendy1947 please pass on congratulations to hubby he must be delighted.
    I have complained on here about my husband not noticing / mentioning my weight loss MissZiggy well finally he’s noticed……… my boobs getting smaller!!!!! So I too will be investing in some attractive frillys.
    Glad we are all continuing to post on here Carb_Addict

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

Hello all, from a windy and fast-cooling-down Dubai.

Going strong here: managed to attend a Christmas party last night on one diet coke and Complete Buffet Avoidance. It didn’t bother me in the slightest. I have also redoubled my efforts to start the Fast800 from scratch again after realising how jealous I was of everyone’s success. I keep thinking that if A New Me can lose 33lbs in that time then I can do it too if I really apply myself, and that is half of what i need to lose overall so that kind of loss would be life-changing for me alone.

I have brought out some skinny outfits from the wardrobe and have hung them on the outside, in front of my eyes. Whenever I feel a waver coming on I think of A New Me’s success and I go and hold the outfits up in front of the mirror and remind myself that if I stick to BSD for just the next eight weeks I’ll be in those outfits – which I have never actually been able to wear. Bought optimistically years ago!!

I’m not even bothered by Christmas either, although I know being back in the cold UK will make it a bit harder. I can get away with salads twice a day over here in the heat. I’m still planning to indulge in some roast potatoes and some Christmas pudding but I’m determined that that will be IT!

Please log in or register to post a reply.