1st October Starters Support Group

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Just popping in to say a quick Hi to everyone. I’ve been absent for a good few weeks and thought I better get back to posting because I’m definitely at risk of drifting backwards if I don’t! I’ve been away a lot over the last month and I’ve let everything relax a bit – I’ve been sticking to low carbs so my blood glucose levels are still good, but I know my portion sizes have been creeping up and I’ve not been exercising or walking (apart from on a trip to London where I walked my little legs off!). It’s been a good break (lots of family positives and celebrations) but it’s time for me to reign things right back in again. I’m going to spend the day digging out my kitchen scales, finding my pedometer and making soup – definitely one of my favourite things about Autumn.

Jamie, that’s a great weight loss. Good that you’re sticking with it. Best wishes with Week 2.

Will catch up properly with everyone later.

Jennie xx

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Margaret – our posts crossed – my husband came in with a coffee as I was posting so my post took a long time. He’s keen to go shopping so will catch up later but 11lb – that’s fantastic xx

madamebadham – love the name – great loss, too. Your post did make me smile – sounds like a good Friday night!!

Jennie xx

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Thanks Jenny & you have done marvellously well & are a good example to us all. I know if I get there that maintaining can be challenging because it’s easy for extra treats to creep in & I believe it can take a year for ones body to settle at its new reduced weight. However we all have the skills & knowledge now & it should be easier to get back on the bandwagon knowing the harm that snacks, sugar & carbs do to out metabolism. My husband is still managing it after two years👍 Good luck with your dietary readjustments😬🍀🍀
    Margaret xx

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi Margaret
    I meant to say yesterday how great it was to hear that your husband had his diabetes medication reduced. I bet he’s pleased with that.

Thanks for the kind words and support. Yes, you’ve hit the nail on the head – it is the maintenance I’m finding a bit challenging. At the minute it’s a mental thing more than anything else – old self-beliefs about me and yo-yo dieting I think. Anyway, I’ve decided to not overthink things and just act – back to basics between now and you know when (not sure if I can mention it yet on here, too early?) – and a light touch. Should do the trick.

Hope everyone else is doing well this week.

I’m away for a few days helping one of my children move out of his old place and into a flat share in London (3 guesses who’ll end up with the dustpan and brush) so will catch up next week.
    Jennie xx

• posted by Jamie1975
    on

Thanks everyone
    After doing so well ……The last couple days have been terrible ….I arrived in London for conference on Monday evening i was absolutely starving and felt bit wobbly so i ordered bowl duck noodles from Giraffe restaurant ……Then i went on purchased bar chocolate, Bag popcorn which i thought was 86 calories turned out 460 calories …..2 brownies 96 calories all consumed in one evening so wheels came off bus big time ………Yesterday was not much better with buffet lunch with exhibition and load alcohol with colleagues( I had dover sole for my main meal so at least one positive) ………So i am now feeling guilty but i am at airport ready to go home so everything should return to normal once back home . I will weight in tonight to see what damage has been done .

Hopefully i get back on track ……..Problem is my own will power or should i say lack off and when i do come off track that it does not end up super binge of all junk of day . Any ideas of what do when hunger kicks in ……I notice my moods are not best when only having 2 meals day . Any help appreciated

• posted by Jamie1975
    on

Catherine

Never bought hard copy of book yet ….need to get it …..Last couple days are nightmare but hopefully get back on track as tomorrow . Well done on staying same weight and not putting any weight on ……..My meals will drop your weight to size zero as there is not much to them and my cooking of them!!! Just at London city airport so had sea bass in thai curry noddle sauce so i reckon might be heavy in caloires but very small portion it was . Fire away with meal ideas and I will do my best to inspire you with my suggestions …I did give birth to that carb baby but I have somehow impregnated myself with twins last couple days !!!

All fun

Catch up soon

Jamie

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Jamie the important thing is to immediately get back on track & try to think of yourself as making food choices & not attach it to some mysterious willpower!! Choice takes the guilt away & allows for our daily life circumstances getting in the way!!! This has happened to everyone on here with the ups & downs of daily life getting in the way of what food is available. Lose the guilt & thinking you have poor willpower because you haven’t! Our bodies conspire against us because when we do eat carbs the insulin response makes us feel hungry not our willpower!!
    Carry on choosing what you eat as well as you can & if you have a food choice blip reduce calories the next day or try & build in some more exercise to help compensate. We are all retraining our bodies to lose weight & then to maintain that loss.
    You can do this👍🍀
    Margaret

Please log in or register to post a reply.