1st October Starters Support Group

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by PatC
    on

I love your posts Wendy, they cheer me up

• posted by Jo Gardner
    on

Hello everyone. I’ve finally completed the first week of BSD with a great loss of 2.7 Kg. That’s despite caving into a carb feast on Sunday ( maltesers, pizza and garlic bread ). I’m looking forward to getting better control of my cravings as time goes by. Enjoy the celebrations ahead everyone. Merry Christmas all.

• posted by A new me
    on

I’m back!!! I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and continues success. I am still recovering from my cold, but I am on the mend, just in time for the holidays. I am down 3 more pounds which brings my total weight loss to 36 pounds. I hope to avoid most of the bad stuff over the holidays, but will ease up a little on Christmas Day. It’s funny though how my tastes have changed. I took a tiny bite of a cookie the other day and it seemed so sweet it was disgusting.

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Well done Jo & A new me wonderful weight losses & it’s good to hear you are feeling better!
    Isn’t it lovely that our taste buds have changed & that some things taste yuk now!!

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

MERRYCHRISTMASTOEVERYONEπŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„
    I have missed you all and your posts. It’s 15:40 and the house is clean and the shopping done and all presents wrapped..phew!! All thats left to do is deliver a few cards to our neighbors. I have some good news to share and it’s further confirmation that the hard work has paid off!!…today I bought……..wait for it……..SIZE 10 πŸ‘–!!!!! I could zip them up and yes they are tight and feel strange as I am so used to my old jeans that are comfortably loose. I bought them from Matalan so probably not the best cut jeans for the older lady but I can hardly believe it!! I cant remember the last time I could wear a size 10! Not too fond of the tight tight look although my husband says they look good….men god bless themπŸ™„But this has been the best Christmas present to myself.
    I am looking forward to the new year when I can undo the excesses of Christmas and the New Year and also try to fit in some exercise.

Hope you all have a great time and see you all Next Year!!
    MIss ZIggy

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Wow Miss Ziggy….that is absolutely fantastic. Enjoy your size 10!

((((x))))) to those who are poorly and who need a hug.
    Congratulations to those who have done well
    and welcome back to those who have been missing in action.

Seasons Greeting to you and yours.

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Good heavens Miss Ziggy size10!!!! WOW!!!! How wonderfulπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡
    Oh well here I’m down 3/4 lb with Christmas food collected from M & S & just ironing the guest bedroom linen. I had my wisdom tooth extracted yesterday but fortunately all is well & it was all much less stressful than I had anticipated! I’m such a scaredy cat 😿😿😿
    The house is already cleaned for our last family that stayed but may vacuum tomorrow if needed. Our son is arriving tomorrow with two cats & a just operated on recovering rat for staying over Christmas, so rather unusual guests😸😸🐭. The cats will sleep in the conservatory so I must put the heating on in there.
    I still have some presents to wrap & then I think I deserve a glass of mulled wine🍷
    I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas & then we can reconvene after the celebrations to get back to BSD eating.
    πŸŽπŸŽπŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ…πŸ»πŸŽ…πŸ»πŸŽ…πŸ»πŸΎπŸΎπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Congratulations MissZiggy, It is a big result isn’t it. I tried my size 10’s on in a charity shop changing room before taking the plunge so couldn’t do the happy dance at the time, but I still grin every time I put them on. I have never been size 10 before in my life, I went straight from age 12 to size 12 and only stayed there briefly 😊 having said that I am currently wearing my size 14’s (with a handy leather belt) as the size 10’s are still a little tight. I am probably really a size 12. Wendy, I am sure you deserve that glass of mulled wine. My treat for tonight will be a glass of my Penderyn whisky. Seasons greetings everyone πŸ˜€

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Thanks Mix Wendy and fairy face.
    I bought the jeans today for Β£10! They are tight and I am not sure if I will keep them but it was a real thrill being able to zip them up. πŸ’ƒπŸ½πŸ’ƒπŸ½πŸ’ƒπŸ½πŸ’ƒπŸ½πŸ’ƒπŸ½ I was thinking of trying on a *10*from m&s as I think they might look more appropriate on my 56 year old frame😏 As silly as it sounds but I think tight clothes make you look fat. I am also relaxing things over the Christmas but I am so happy that I have no real desire to stuff my face with rubbish food. I drank a glass of red wine with my dinner and will do the same tomorrow night and Christmas night..oh and a Buck’s Fizz on Christmas morning! I will be at work tomorrow morning last day and then not back to work until January 5th …….bliss!!

MIss ZIggy

• posted by PatC
    on

πŸŽ„Merry Christmas everyone, and well done all of you incredible people, have the best Christmas – I gained one pound this week but measurements stayed the same, and to be honest I have been out more than in! Will do my best to not go wild with the food and drink, but will enjoy the Festive season and not be a diet grinch! – I wanted to reach a weight for Christmas and I am two pounds off that – but I have had a few days with over 1000 calories – so it was to be expected, new goal for Australia Day which is also my birthday.

Check in everyone next Saturday and see what carnage has occurred on the diet front!

Love to all x

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Another weigh day for me πŸ™‚

1.10.16 – 114.2
    17.12.16 – 101.1
    24.12.16 – 100.5

So pleased with myself. Hubby is also down this week so he is a happy bunny.

I am going to try not to overdo the food and drink this next week. We have two family parties over the next week and family are here tomorrow. This morning we are at our daughters for brunch so our celebrations have started.

I have not found this diet easy by any means and still struggle but I have been encouraged by all your postings on this and other threads. As I said before I struggle to reply to everyones posts but read everyone of them. Thank you one and all.

Merry Christmas everyone.

• posted by Canidoit
    on

Merry Christmas to you all. πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„
    Well I’ve had a mince pie and enjoyed most of it but believe it or not struggled to finish the pastry. I haven’t lost any weight this week but I have been up the attic and dug out some size 10 clothes that fit again. The reason I wanted to lose weight was to avoid the T2 diabetes that my two brothers have and my mother had too. Hopefully I’ve improved my chances. I also wanted to fit into my old clothes instead of going up and up in size so mission accomplished.
    I hope everyone has a great Christmas and stays on track or returns to our track after the festivities. πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

A very Happy Christmas to everyoneπŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸΎπŸΎπŸΎπŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ…πŸ»πŸŽ…πŸ»πŸŽ…πŸ»πŸŽπŸŽπŸŽπŸ””πŸ””πŸ””

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

WENDY thank you and a merry christmas back at yaπŸ˜‚ I was going to tell you all how much I love you all on this forum but I think it’s the two Buck’s Fizz I have had already that is making me soppy!!πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Miss Ziggy thank you & looking back at Christmas Day I had more than a couple of glasses of Bucks Fizz & other winesπŸ™€πŸΎπŸΎ
    Oh well I’m going to need all your morale boosting support getting back on track because I’ve just weighed myself & since Friday I have gained FOUR pounds!! My husband has gained one pound! what is it with male physiology?? it’s not fair boo hoo!!
    We still have some left overs to get through so no breakfast today but left over pigs in blankets to be eaten probably with sautΓ©ed left over potatoes for lunch to make a sort of hash. The turkey crown to pick & make into something curried & I think that’s it apart from hosting two more lunches this week with all the usual expected trimmings. Roll on New Years Day when I feel I will get back full control of my kitchen that from then on will be filled with BSD ingredients. In the meantime I’m trying to not gain any more weight to limit the damageπŸ˜ΏπŸ™€πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜€

• posted by Fairyface
    on

1kg on! All my good intentions went on the back of Santas sleigh! No walks and eating cheese and extra nuts, olives and a glass of champagne. What can I expect!

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Hi FAiryface …
    I am sure Kate Moss puts weight on over Christmas😱and loses it again once she gets back to her normal eating pattern. We all have to get back on track after The New Year. I intend to start as though I am back at the 1st of October and at the start of this diet which we all know worksπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ».

MIss ZIggy

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Miss Ziggy, I am quite happy it is only a kilo;-) I was so full of good intentions and like I say my good intentions followed Santa and hitched a ride on the back of his sleigh. I really am not as upset as I thought I would be but it has just proved to me I cannot stray from the principles of this way of eating. Yesterday I was in bed….you know the feeling before you are ready for the day and your eyes are still waiting to open easily….and felt quite quesy. I have not felt like that since before I started on the 1st October.
    Hubby has made a cheese salad for lunch. Just finished the Roquefort and added a couple of cubes of feta and cheddar, party tonight at a relatives and then we have a few days before a day in London to see a show and go for a meal. So I can be back on it tomorrow.
    Can I just add again. Reading this forum is so encouraging. Everyones highs and lows all help towards my journey.
    I am with you as though its the 1st October again and so looking forward to reading your progress.
    Thank you for the support you give to me.x

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Weigh day tomorrow. How many of the original starters on the 1st October are still here. Is it just me?

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

I’m here….as per usual not weighing myself but will be starting back on BSD on Monday once all the festivities are out of the way. I tried on clothes that I have slimmed into and I can still fit into them so I am happy! πŸ˜€πŸ˜€. If I could lose another 7lbs I would be more than happy. I would also like to tone up a bit next year. I am thinking of starting slowly with Pilates or Yoga if I can find a beginners class…….

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Nice to see you Miss Ziggy.
    I had thought of joining a gym but as we go away when we can I will not be able to go for most of the summer.
    Found a yoga class but really struggle to get up and down from the floor. Perhaps I am looking for excuses and really need to go and see how I get on.

• posted by Happygirl
    on

Hi Fairyface
    I am still here too!!!
    I have been very good over Xmas, but the month of December is quite special. It’s my birthday, there are lots of lunches and parties etc.term breaks up at school. I am a primary school teacher and I receive lots of goodies from parents and children! I am very grateful for all of these delightful and thoughtful gifts.I bring in a huge chocolate cake to class and we all enjoy it!!

I know that the month of December is quite challenging for everyone. Just being at home surrounded by all different types of goodies can weaken or break the best of us! But I haven’t thrown in the towel. This is a longterm plan. Over here in Spain we celebrate Xmas Eve, Xmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day! And just when you think it’s safe to start your diet again, we celebrate January the 6th, as that’s the Feast of the Epiphany, Spain’s Xmas Day when children receive their gifts from the three wise men, and guess what, there’s another big party.
    I’m not complaining at all! I feel blessed to have the people around me that I love and I appreciate the good times. However, I am still learning how to balance everything. I have lost a load of weight on this diet even if I gently bended the rules along the way but I am now looking to the future and hoping to stike a balance and learn how to manage a healthy lifestyle that includes a little bit of naughtiness every now and again!!!
    New year’s resolution, note to self accept yourself as you are, you’re not that bad and noone is perfect!
    Enjoy the good times and remember that most problems have a solution!

Hope everyone is doing well
    BTW, I lost 2 kilos in December despite the good times!!

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Hello Fairyface
    I’m still here plus my husband who is starting to maintain the weight he slimmed down to. I have not been so good over the last week bring tempted by wine & food! However I plan to start my next eight week stint on New Years Day & will weigh myself thenπŸ‘πŸ˜€
    I must admit that wine, chocolates, mince pies & homemade sherry trifle have been my major temptations & I think I have gained 4-5pounds in weight but will confirm that on Sunday. I hope I won’t get Carb flu again because that was rather disconcerting but plan no alcohol, no sugar, bread, pasta or rice etc & to generally go back to eating only the BSDiet recipes.
    I am hosting yet another lunch tomorrow but plan a Thai fish curry with sweet potatoes so not too bad, with prawns as a starter but sherry trifle, cheese & biscuits & grapes to follow & white wine!πŸ™€πŸ·πŸ·. Then it’s back on the BSD bandwagon & hopefully losing any gained weight in the first week. I have two to two & a half more stone to lose & expect to be doing eight week stints with a more relaxed week inbetween until I have done that until probably around May 2017😾. In the meantime Happy New Year everyone & I will let you know about my weigh in on Sunday.

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Hello Happygirl and Wendy1947. Thought I was going to be Billy no mates!
    Pleased to hear you are continuing with the ‘way of eating’.
    I have put a kilo on over Christmas and I am going to weigh again tomorrow (Saturday) as its my regular weigh day.
    Today I have made a smoked salmon quiche from another low carb web site. Must say I am really surprised how nice it is. Pastry made with coconut flour, almond flour and other bits. Going to freeze half and have the rest for lunch tomorrow with watercress and cherry toms.

I am still enjoying this forum and enjoying the food on the BSD.

I will look forward to seeing what everyone weighs over the weekend and will be posting my weight tomorrow.

• posted by A new me
    on

I am still here, too! Happy New Year everyone! I wasn’t quite as well behaved as I had hoped to be over Christmas. I ate quite a few things I didn’t plan on eating. My clothes still feel loose, but I can’t imagine I haven’t gained something. I will weigh myself tomorrow and all will be revealed! I am back on the BSD today and have had a headache all day. As you had mentioned, Wendy1947, I hope it isn’t the carb flu. I don’t ever want to go through that again. I almost quit when I first started because I felt so poorly. I wish us all strength to make it through New Years.

• posted by PatC
    on

Hi everyone – still here – I’m in for the long haul – and need this forum to read, enjoy and vent, so let’s all stick with it, Sarah where are you – we miss you and I just know you are reading these posts – and I’ve got to say my self control disappeared like a chocolate Father Christmas in the Sydney sunshine! One of my all time favourite foods – well it’s Christmas cake – say no more, let’s put it behind me , I have frozen what’s left in slices, but it IS calling to me – what is with that – why don’t low carb foods call to me – I may have to resort to the washing up liquid over the food trick, but it’s a crying shame best cake I have ever made!

So, nil point for my BSD over Christmas – gained three pounds. Let’s not talk about it, we are out tonight for dinner with friends, I have no control of menu etc, but won’t be a diet grinch, even if I have to get carb flu again, we have 21 days until the next event, a bucket list restaurant my husband has wanted to go to ( I know a bl**dy restaurant, then a few days until a holiday with the family (easier lots of BBQ’) then friends over from uk, I need to lose 4lbs for next goal, and I was so close – it doesn’t sound a lot but as we all know it’s so easy to gain, and so hard to lose, on that note I’d like to say Happy New Year dear friendsπŸŽ‰

• posted by Inka13
    on

Hi everyone, I’m still here too and glad to hear you all survived, pretty much intact!
    It was a challenging Christmas family wise and I coped by eating and drinking all the wrong things, BUT nowhere near the quantities I would have had in the past, so pretty happy about that! My weight is up but am going back on the 8 week plan tomorrow, wish me luck!
    A very Happy new year to you all and I look forward to hearing how everyone’s 2017 starts out!

• posted by gyllyb
    on

I’m still here … Seasons Greetings everyone! Yes I’ve fallen off the wagon but despite this I still feel true to BSD and I will be back following the diet that makes me feel so good and alive! I haven’t blown it completely … just small amounts of the bad stuff but it was enough to scare me off the scales. So here I sit, after throwing away all temptations in the bin, making my weekly menu, shopping list and feeling excited to get going again.
    Maybe some of you will be feeling the same as me … I hope a lot will …. onwards and upwards everyone πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• posted by A new me
    on

Well, it wasn’t as bad as I thought. I braved the scales and I only gained one pound. I must say that I am surprised since I have been drinking wine, eating chocolates, etc. I will be back on track after New Years Day, but still trying to be careful over the next 24 hours.

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Happy New Year everybody πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
    The last guest has been catered for & now trying to deal with the leftovers of two lunches of roast beef,roast potatoes etc & then Thai fish curry with sweet potatoes & Jasmine rice & sweetcorn so not exactly BSDiet food. I am so fed up with the abundance of food & a cupboard full of chocolates & tempting cheese biscuits. It seems so wasteful to throw them away so perhaps my husband can have small rationed portions as part of his maintenance diet as well as the strict BSD food I am planning to eat from tomorrow! I have had a generously pleasing amount of wine today & the fish curry was really good so could have that again tomorrow with more vegetables, courgetti & a very small amount of rice? I suppose the beef will have to become something such as a stir fry, or curry? Oh dear it’s making me fed up just thinking about it.
    I weighed this morning & have gained 1 & 3/4 more pounds so that should quickly be lost. So it’s cold turkey tomorrow ha ha! no alcohol & much reduced carbs to start the new year & lots of water & coffee.
    I am optimistic that we can all do this for another eight weeks! By the way my given name is
    Margaret & since we are all going to be in this together please use it!
    Margaret xxx

• posted by Dona Rosa
    on

Been a while! I did not finish the 8 weeks due to birthdays blah blah which is no excuse I know. However I have stuck to the principles and the weight has stayed off my thighs and tummy quite well and can get in everything except that it was noticeable yesterday that a skirt was less than comfortable, Eating more fish and enjoying coming up with interesting soups and salads. Today has been signalled as the last shout. Today we have had yoghurt with apple, lunch was a glass of a traditional Jeropiga as an aperitif, followed by ginger and parsnip soup – it is only this year that I have seen them here and I know they are naughty but the joy of parsnips is something else – followed by a salad of roquetfort, with pear and walnuts and a satsuma with a glass of white wine. Dinner is going to be minestrone soup and possibly later a gin or two and crisps and so looking forward to being back in line tomorrow. Although I have not posted since probably November, I have read the posts and I congratulate everyone on their success. Every bit off is a bit less of us. I know we will do it. For those of you starting to feel guilty about whatever you do tonight – don’t. It is just the last blast! We will be watching TV and having an early night being bth haters of the false jolity of NY but I hope everyone has a fab time whatever you are doing. Onwards and downwards on the scales!

• posted by Fairyface
    on

1.10.16 – 114.2
    24.12.16 – 100.5
    31.12.16 – 100.2

300 grams lost this week. So pleased with myself . Thought I had posted this earlier.

Happy New Year to you all.

• posted by PatC
    on

Just had a mincenpie arghhhh! Stronger today though believe it or not!

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!! (Yes, I’m still here….!)

A belated Merry Christmas too. I’m now home in Dubai after nine days in Wales (and a LOT of non-BSD food items) and restarting the Fast800 as of tomorrow, after I finish off the leftovers of the five course meal I cooked for friends last night. Gulp. (Literally…)

I’m feeling super positive about 2017 and am actually really excited about restarting. Am feeling pretty lardy after the Xmas hols but the difference is that I know any weight I have put on will be off this time next month so it’s not bothering me like before. I bought the recipe book while at home and can see it’s going to give me a lot of ideas. This is the year I shift that five stone that has been weighing me down for too long for good: I can feel it.

Oh, and I cooked my first meal for The Chef two days ago (if you remember him…). My cooking got a thumbs-up so that felt like a major ‘win’ given he’s been creating gourmet food for the super-rich for 25 years πŸ™‚ He’s now out of the country for a while with his work but we’re going to stay in contact and my plan is to now focus on my diet and give him a nice surprise the next time I see him πŸ™‚

So, sending you all love and encouragement for this new year ahead. Let’s keep on losing and (re)discovering our own potential. I’ll be checking in daily with updates like before as I get back on the horse. I’m super excited to progress this journey – I may need to be reminded of that in a few days when the carb withdrawal has kicked in and I’m in grumpy mode, haha.

Big hugs,
    Sarah xxxx

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Sunday 1st January 2017
    Welcome back Sarah & everyone else joining in this New Years Day start to another eight week Blood Sugar Diet stint. We can do this again!
    Our day will be somewhat modified carb wise because of some left over Jasmine Rice to eat with our left over Thai Fish & Sweet Potato curry cooked in coconut milk. But the wine & chocolates have been relegated to out of sight places😎 But will try to keep to 800 calories today & drink more water.
    My starting weight is 12 stone 10.5lbs so I’m pleased my weight gain hasn’t taken me up beyond 13 stone because it felt a real achievement getting below that. I need to reach between 9 to 10 stone for my ideal weight & judging from my past experience I can lose 15 lbs in an eight week stint.
    I am planning eight weeks on 800 daily low carb calories & one week inbetween more relaxed to see how I’ve done & to give my will power a bit of a breakπŸ€”
    What are you all planning to do?
    Good luck everyone & here I go!
    Margaret xxx

• posted by Fairyface
    on

How lovely to see you back Carb- Addict.

I feel really motivated and happy with this way of eating so its a bit onwards and downwards for me.
    Only about another 7 stone to go:-/

Happy New Year everyone

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

My plan is to resume BSD tomorrow. My husband is cooking our main meal tonight as he usually does on New Years Day. Tonight’s dinner is chicken Jalfrezey with basmati rice. I am like most of you keen to get back to the BSD diet as I felt so well on it and of course because it worked.
    we have all done so well considering Christmas got in the way! I am hoping the Christmas eating has done something to my metabolism so that when I start BSD again it will show great fast results!!…..well I can hopeπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Keep on keeping on for 2017
    Miss Ziggy

• posted by Happygirl
    on

Hello and Happy New Year to everyone 😘😘😘
    We’ve all survived Xmas and are reviewing the damage done!!
    I am writing this and eating Pringles at the same time!!
    Tomorrow is another day!!!
    Well, I mean to start tomorrow and be relatively good as we still have more celebrations to attend to.
    Then my sister called and told me that she was coming to visit us with her son.
    That’s lovely but it means that I will have to think carefully and plan.
    Reading up on what you all did whenever you entertained visitors has been inspiring. I hope that I will be half as good. The thing is that after a while, I get stressed or tired and munch on anything and everything thoughtlessly! And then there’s the drink!!!!
    My new year’s resolution is to be nice to myself and not to bash myself when I fall off the wagon.

I really enjoyed those Pringles!! A cup of hot chocolate would be nice as well, just to round it off
    Great to hear from everyone again
    Lovely to hear from you again Carbaddict, delighted to hear that things are flying with the chef, he must be in love if he’s complimenting your cooking!!!!

• posted by PatC
    on

So lovely all of us are back together, it’s almost with a sigh of relief we can go back to the BSD and the next eight weeks together.

I am going to try to eat what MM has put on the plan (the recipes) because although I lost weight last 8 week block and was thrilled with that and stuck to 800 ish calories, they weren’t always good meals I had, it was all a bit haphazard so I will try to focus for this block and see what happens. I am excited to start again, how sad am I, but one thing I noticed was even when I ate off diet (quite a lot over Christmas) my indigestion problem wasn’t too bad at all, though I did have achy legs (odd). S, onwards and downwards as fairyface says, love to all x

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

Day 1, Fast800, 2017 restart: The Dreaded Weigh-In:

So I put on 2kgs/almost 5lbs over the Christmas period. Am frankly relieved; I thought it might be more. (Plus it’s that time-of-the-month so the true damage might be even less.) Looking forward positively, I reckon that the mince pies will be off my hips by this time next week.

Have recommitted mentally to January/February and am feeling strong. Planning is going to be key.

So off I go. Breakfast is soya yoghurt with some blueberries and hot tea; lunch will be goat’s cheese, hazelnut and baby spinach salad, and dinner will be poached haddock in fish stock with some veggies and some diet-saving zero-carb/ near zero-calorie konjac noodles to fill up my stomach before bed. All washed down with a three litres of water infused with lemon, some raw nuts if needed, and accompanied by an evening walk to get the lymph going.

Good luck everyone – let’s get our show back on the road!!!
    Sarah x

• posted by PatC
    on

Jazz hands – the show is back on the road, salmon fillet, zucchini, fritter (low carb) water water water – back to pre Christmas weight this morning, but still that one pound up on best weight on this diet – pushing hard – good luck everyone x

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

2pm here in Dubai, two meals down… and already remembering how hungry I was last time around as the same familiar ‘unpleasantly empty’ feeling is kicking in again. Pushing on through here too, especially as I know from experience it gets much easier soon, and determined not to grumble. But REALLY looking forward to dinner already, haha πŸ™‚ I’m so rubbish…..!!

• posted by PatC
    on

Sarah, you are not rubbish, I have really really wanted something sweet all day (cake) – but have drunk water bloody water all the way through today, but it’s so hard! This carb withdrawal is a nightmare, but you are right it does get easier, we all know it from last time, until then water water water (but not too much) x blimey even water is restricted, my liver must be wondering what’s happening! X

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

I’m feeling hungry & empty as well Sarah & PatC! I don’t eat breakfast so lunch of vegetables soup, a thin slice of ham, some left over duck rillette with four thin French toast things, I know carbs!, & a small apple & lots of coffee & water. Last night I was so hungry I had some Wensleydale cheese & that took my calories up to around 950! But much lower than New Years Eve. My husband ate left over Christmas pudding with brandy cream for pudding after his lunch!
    For supper today I am planning using left over roast beef into MM’s recipe of beef stir fry with bought cauliflower rice from Marks & Spencer’s. I have also bought size 14 trousers in the M & S sale to hang on my wardrobe as an incentive to get into them asap.
    I am feeling a bit deprived at the moment & keep thinking of the butterscotch icecream in the freezer & trying to balance that thought in getting below 12 stone by the end of eight weeksπŸ€” Oh & also weighing less than my husband! 😎It’s a bit difficult today!
    Our sitting room is looking rather bare now without the Christmas tree because we have taken down all the decorations this afternoon. At least the sun has shone today & it’s not raining but is rather chilly & is supposed to drop to -5c overnight.
    I know I will need everyones support to get back into the swing of things & perhaps getting back to our normal routines will help.

• posted by Nickix
    on

Well done to everyone. Hope you’ve all had a great xmas and New Years. I have been following you and I have posted a couple of times but it doesn’t seem to have posted? Whether my internet I don’t know but anyway so glad everyone’s still doing well and being inspired.
    I was restarting today but as it’s still a bank holiday I’m going to start tomorrow but I’m not going to weigh myself just get back to the woe and I agree I’m feeling crap cause of going off it. Good luck and keep on going down xx

• posted by Nickix
    on

Just been thinking about what to eat and the best way to fill up. Anyone got any good soup recipes? Xx

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

The beef stir fry was delicious with cauliflower rice but my lunchtime portion of duck rillette rotted up my calories today making a total of 880! So only water until bedtimeπŸ’¦πŸ’¦

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Lovely to ‘see’ everyone on here.
    I had a low day yesterday but came bouncing back today.
    I have been out for two walks today totalling 11999 steps and also loaded up the World Walking app. I am walking New Zealand but did not set it before I went out!!!! Never mind tomorrow is another day but we have grandchildren coming for the day so I don’t think I will be able to go out.
    I am just waiting for the day when everything becomes second nature. It is reasonably easy for me as my husband is also helping with the shopping and menus. I am so determined to lose this weight around my middle and be able to wear lovely clothes again.
    Thanks for keeping me focused.

• posted by Happygirl
    on

Hello everyone,

Nickix

Here’s a recipe I use and even my kids eat this, so it’s not that bad!!!!

1 onion
    2 celery sticks
    6/7 mushrooms
    1 very small potato ( optional or leave it out)
    5 cloves garlic or more
    200 g of carrots, green beans, cauliflower,, broccoli,
    Some asperagus tips or the whole stalk
    100g peas
    Herbs, parsley, thyme or mixed herbs , dried or fresh, whatever you have
    Salt and pepper
    A tablespoon of olive oil

Use a big pot
    Heat it up first, that way you use less oil!
    Throw in the oil and gently fry off the onion, celery, mushrooms and garlic until soft
    Add the herbs and the rest of the veg. Except the peas and the asperagus tips
    If you like anything else, throw it in as well. Or use less of one and more of another.
    Add some water or stock, do not cover the veg, just bring it up to the half way mark.
    Cover the pot and simmer until nearly softened
    Add the peas and the asperagus tips and cook for another 5 minutes
    When all the veg is cooked to your liking, it’s done!!

The beauty of this is that you can add more water and make it into a soup. Makes it as thick or as watery as you like πŸ˜€
    I usually fry or grill some ham or chorizo and throw it into the mix
    It’s my tgo to recipe whenever I need something hearty or comforting.
    I hope you might find it useful. I always put a potato in it – for the kids!!!!

Anyway, good luck to one and all!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.