ZOOMERS! REACH FOR THE SKY, LOW CARBS IN JULY! – 4 WEEK CHALLENGE TO 10 JULY

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by theblackspot
    on

Thanks MrsT’!
    I just noticed a typo. The ‘weed’called was called ‘fat hen’ not fat her…

• posted by Denise susan
    on

Hi all
    What a week!! Positives first
    1- got into overweight category
    2- after small gain end of last challenge I have refocused & lost that 2.1/4 lbs & down a further 4lbs so total loss 6.1/4lbs this week to end my 16 weeks!! On -35lbs 2.1/2 stone!! Many plateaus hills small dips & great drops on the way but that is overall an average each week of over 2lbs!
    Zinny & kazzuk – you have shown us we can be a away and still succeed!
    Sydneysider – to slip is human but you must have contained them to still loose so let’s concentrate on the long game and not obsess with the short term another week you will be 100% on plan & not loose or even gain & that’s when it is important to remember this week a ‘lucky loss’!! Kazz62 a dress size 0.5 or 2lbs are still in the right direction
    JGwen amazing refocus & SarahChebel is you stuck with the plan you will have your reward in the future
    Blackspot- 6.4lbs is a treat in itself but with the tennis starting sliced strawberries & cream eaten in slow motion savouring every SMALL spoonfuls l need to learn to make it last. Need to finish here as need to take dog to the Vets long story but was being put to sleep today after a horrendous weekend but has made some improvement last night so not out of the woods yet but let’s see Dx

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

What a result Denise Susan, well done! Good luck with your dog, I hope the outlook is positive.
    Week 7 and just 2lbs lost, but my body shape is dramatically altering, clothes starting to swamp me. Allie, it’s the different pattern of weight loss you mentioned. Last time I was this weight, only about 5 years ago, my middle was still fat, now I’m getting a waist ! So weight really is just a part of the story.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Well done everyone and in particular, our “newbies”! Going great guns now!
    Excellent post Blackspot and Vulcan – sounds like a very trying time for you right now. Sometimes we all have a trying week or even a trying month and if it’s a struggle, for me, I just aim to stay the same until it passes. I struggled with the first 3 months of this year. I was that miserable and fed up with all the cold and snow, and the disruptive commute, I really struggled but I kept plodding, one day at a time…. I kept reminding myself how ill and despairing I felt when I was 18 stone 6. So I just paddled like a duck until my mood improved which was once I saw the days lengthen and the temps start to rise in April!
    Tillybud – good to see you back from holiday – HOLLAND? and I thought you were leaving us all a message… ! Hope Our Love Lasts And Never Dies!! ๐Ÿ™‚ How old am I? ๐Ÿ™‚
    Kazzeexx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi Denise S – sorry to read about your dog – fingers and everything else crossed.
    Maggie – it really is the strangest thing – I have bony shoulders and collarbone! – but I still have around 70-80 lbs to lose… 13 years ago when I lost with WW – My legs, face and arms slimmed first and my apple torso the last to reduce. I now have indentations roughly where my waist (something I’ve never had!) will be eventually! It’s a journey of discovery, to be sure! xx

• posted by Nicola12
    on

Hi all,

Iโ€™m a bit late to the party but better late than never! Iโ€™ve been doing the 800 BSD since Feb and have lost 19 lbs. I had lost more but have fallen off the wagon several times ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ back on it today though!

Starting weight: 167 lbs
    Todayโ€™s weight: 148 lbs
    Target for this challenge: 138lbs, which would put me within 3lbs of my goal!

• posted by hedwig6
    on

Nice work, everyone! Here are my numbers.

Start: 127.0 lbs
    Goal for this week: 125.0 lbs
    Actual for this week: 125.8 lbs

I dipped lower during the week, but put it back on. I have to say I was really good at keeping on top of things some days, and not good at all on other days. I definitely need to improve my…. method? Okay, on to next week. I’ll be on vacation and won’t be able to take the scales with me, so no weigh-in until I return. So, I’ll set my goals for two weeks this time.

Start: 125.8 lbs
    Goal (by the 3rd of July): 123.0 lbs

I’m so impressed by everyone’s discipline and commitment ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Ha ha kazz. I remember that too! I think I’m about 12 years older than you! (66 next week). No, no secret message. I typed Tillybud and it printed Holland. Simples! I haven’t got predictive text on but autocorrect is just as bad.๐Ÿ˜จ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Denise susan,
    For the sake of the newbies I thought it was worth mentioning that the period of inch loss without weight loss that covered most of the previous 4 week challenge wasn’t about a difference in focus.
    I am with KazzUK on this that the weight/shape loss pattern is completely different to what I expected or have experienced when calorie counting. – I suspect that I lost a dress size but less than 2kg for a couple of reasons and I also recently added a supplement to my diet.
    The change in the seasons = more daylight = that my working days are longer.
    I am finding that the time it takes to do the daily chores has reduced, so I am taking on more tasks, gardening and house maintenance.
    Finally I have added a supplement to my diet as a result of Dr Bikman mentioning in a podcast on the importance of l-carnitine. L-carnitine is THE nutrient, the “ferry” so to speak, that shuttles fatty acids from the blood into the mitochondria, the energy producing “furnaces” in the cells, so that the fatty acids can be used as energy. The principle source of it in our diets is red meat, and as a vegetarian that’s out for me, and 8 more of the top ten sources are ruled out by the BSD. https://www.bodybuilding.com/content/your-expert-guide-to-l-carnitine.html

• posted by Anonymous
    on

So far I’m struggling today. I’ve gone slightly over my calories but I ate a flapjack that’s been sitting in the kitchen drawer I didn’t even stop to think I just ate it. I’d been grazing all day rather than just sitting and eating a meal…just been one of those busy days. Normally I’d never be able to stop at just one sweet thing, I would binge and eat all the treats in the house but I’ve made the conscious decision to stop, not fall of the wagon, chalk it up to a bad day and keep going. I don’t want to be stuck where I am. But my confidence is shaken…do you think I can keep going? I feel shaky and have a headache probably from the sugar which my body is reacting too…don’t want to even think about my blood sugars. I’ve not undone my work so far have I?

• posted by alliecat
    on

Of course you haven’t undone all your good work, Mrs T.! The BSD is very forgiving. Just learn from
    the experience, and recommit to preplanning your meals. It will all come right!

Allie

• posted by Anonymous
    on

Thanks so much Allie, that means a huge amount to me, the support from this forum is invaluable, I couldn’t do this without your support xx

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Nearly everyone makes missteps, just accept them for what they are and get back on the horse. I had an afternoon of weakness last week when I spent the day gardening and succumbed to a couple of ciders. But I drew a line under it and back to the project!
    Nobody was hurt, give yourself a pat on the back for making such a great start and relax ๐Ÿ™‚
    Maggie

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi MrsThompson,
    Please don’t be so hard on yourself. – You are still at the early stages of adapting to this WoE, it is harder until enough time has passed for your taste buds to have changed enough that you will automatically reach for low carb options.
    We all make mistakes and have times when we deliberately decide to step off the wagon.

The only person who never makes a mistake is the person who never does anything.

• posted by Anonymous
    on

Thank you so much JGwen and Maggie, you’ve really made me feel so much better… and helped me get some perspective…I can’t tell you the difference your comments are making for my state of mind. Thank you, thank you, thank you all! Xx

• posted by zinny
    on

Hi Mrs T
    Just as all the other zoomers have said up post. We have all fallen off the wagon or just eaten something without really thinking about it.
    That is the beauty of this forum, someone else knows just how you feel, and can relate to it,.
    You will succeed and you will be more mindful, it just takes a bit more time to get into it all. You have started, so you shall finish!
    Iโ€™m only 4 weeks into it and have had to be unexpectedly away in foreign parts, so if I can do it Iโ€™m sure you can.
    Tomorrow is another day onwards and downwards!

• posted by theblackspot
    on

Mrs T, my OH has been doing an approximation of this way of eating with me. But on fathers day she was overcome with cake, bread booze and a cornucopia of tasty bad things…
    On Monday she was a wreck! Anxious, shakey, headaches, tearful…
    In one week your body does start to make changes, but one flapjack does not a deal break!
    You might feel a bit wobbly, headachy etc tomorrow, but it will pass and will not be anything like as bad as that horrid carb flu we both had a week ago!
    Drink Water, and have good stuff to eat on hand. Make sure you get some really good calories in. ( dinner tonight was baked avocado with cheese and onion filling) that fat bomb of heart healthy avo’ is satisfying!

When I finally quit smoking, it worked not because I suddenly had the best will power in the world, but because when I fell off the wagon ( beer will do that…) instead of considering myself a failure and carrying on smoking, I told my self I was still a non smoker and carried on not smoking!
    Be nice to yourself, don’t expect it to always be easy, and try to make it as easy as you can by having tasty good stuff around.
    Chin up, you’ll do great.

• posted by Anonymous
    on

Zinny and blackspot, thank you both. The encouragement that you guys are giving is unbelievable I can’t tell you the difference this makes. I’ve failed at so many diets and have been so unhappy with myself, that to have other people cheering you on and being positive is such a game-changer to me. Black spot that’s such a relief about not having to go through that carb flu again…that was a nightmare! Having that taste of something sweet just triggers something in me where I end up craving more and obsessing about sugar and chocolate and cakes and biscuits, which is why I need to stick at this diet…I don’t want to be a slave to this anymore. No it’s not easy at all, because it’s changing a whole lifetime of terrible habits and patterns. I guess I want instant results (don’t we all?!) but I need to put in more work first to get there. Staying strong. Hope everyone has had a good day today, sending much love to you all xx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Mrs T, youโ€™re doing fabulously! Itโ€™s hard to get your head around the fact that what we have come to term as a โ€˜treatโ€™, is in fact, not a treat at all!

• posted by Anonymous
    on

Morning zoomers, thank you again for your boost and support…going forward today wanting to make these changes for my health and confidence. Harder than I thought it would be! Hope everyone has a really great day today ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป Xx

• posted by Vulcan463
    on

Morning all
    Hmm not sure Iโ€™m going to be able to keep this up. The outside influences from the ex and her games is too much to contend with and have the discipline to stick with this.
    Itโ€™s proven to me that the diet works but I just canโ€™t face it right now.
    Good luck everyone

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Morning Zers
    How you all doing to the poorly doggy and his mistress Denise thinking of you both ๐Ÿ™‹ they are such darlings pooches.
    Mrs T I find luxury and treat in a serving of Fage Greek yogurt full fat and fresh strawberries. I find itโ€™s so delicious like eating an amazing desert. I have it for breakfast every day and at weak moments it really hits the spot. But push through this if I can do it anyone can.
    Delights of delights I have changed a stone figure now 16.12 lowest since the spring, Jans back on it again, such a wonderful feeling, doing the dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ happy day everyone
    ๐Ÿ™‹

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Another thought, was recalling something m Moseley said that the reason we crave carbs foods especially chocolate is because itโ€™s the same fat and sugar ratio of the constituents of breast milk, so we are looking for a primeval comfort food.
    Knowing that helped me a lot, when Iโ€™m weak 50% of the time LOL I talk to myself telling myself all sorts of things, and encouraging and then when Iโ€™ve avoided like the choc biscuits yesterday, I praise myself, my neighbours already know Iโ€™m bonkers so it doesnโ€™t matter. That mad woman whoโ€™s always muttering. ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคช
    Mrs T try it it works, itโ€™s comfort, and make the speech gentle and encouraging not angry and accusatory. Be kind to yourself.

• posted by marie123
    on

greenjanet – sounds like you’re doing great and I love the idea of treating yourself kindly – gentle and encouraging self-talk is much better than all the negative feedback we can give ourselves – I’m going to focus on doing that today.

Vulcan463 – sorry to hear you’re having a stressful time right now – I know sometimes there can just be too many other/difficult things happening to keep focused on BSD. The positive is you know it works – I hope you’ll come back at a better time for you. Best wishes.

MrsThompson – when I started this woe last August I had tried so many diets and failed; I’d got to the point where I believed the truth was I wasn’t capable of losing weight. Turns out that wasn’t the truth, it was just an idea in my head. I love chocolate, crisps etc, too. I’ve never had much willpower – still haven’t – well, just a bit to begin with – but as I followed this woe I can now look at these things and not really be bothered by them. It seems to me you’ve got this. You’re right, it is about changing a lot of things, but it doesn’t have to be all at once. I know someone (sorry, can’t check who right now) often says you have to learn to do this diet, I think that’s right. The good thing is you will soon be experiencing all those benefits – better health, glowing skin, lightness, better fitting clothes, etc. Stay strong, you’re doing brilliantly xx

• posted by marie123
    on

Oops, forgot to give my report-in. Sorry, it’s late (again!) I’m doing an on-line course atm and it’s quite intensive so I am struggling to fit everything in.

My weight is still at my target weight 9st (I’ve lost 5 stone in total) so I’m happy with that.

My focus for this challenge is on maintaining all those new behaviours I’ve learnt over the last 11 months, particularly my increased activity.
    My main goal is 10,000 steps per day and a regular gym/exercise routine – I’ve done 84,306 steps over the last 7 days – yeah. But my gym/exercise routine is still a bit hit and miss. Partly because of changes implemented at the place I go to, but also, tbh, because I’m not prioritising it over other things. Think I need to go back to JGwen’s Why question for this one – get a clear focus on why I’m doing the gym/exercise classes i.e. what I want to achieve.

theblackspot – when I was giving up smoking I did something similar – I told people I was a non-smoker rather than a smoker trying to give up. I used the same sort of thinking when I started walking last year – instead of thinking I’ve never walked in my life (and hating it every step of the way) I decided to think of myself as a walker and actively identify even the smallest things I enjoyed about it. It worked. Funny isn’t it.

• posted by Inka13
    on

Well after faffing about with the bsd for nearly two years ( 95% good, 10% the family made me do it) I finally got up the courage to get my bloods done. Well, I’m no longer insulin resistant/ type two diabetes!!! Excellent sugars and Habc? Can’t remember the name but the one that’s a 3 month snapshot of your sugars. So incredibly happy!
    I had taken myself off metformin on a wing and a prayer without consulting my doctor, phew!!
    Cholesterol pretty high, but you can’t win ’em all! And the more I read the less alarmed I am!
    So Koko for me….

• posted by Inka13
    on

Oops, obviously mathematically challenged, that should read 5%!!

• posted by Anonymous
    on

Thanks so much everyone…I’m keeping going and am going to be more forgiving. Greenjanet that’s so interesting about the chocolate and breast milk, I had no idea at all about that! I’ve learnt something! I do think I need to be more forgiving of myself…all my life people have expected a lot from me and I’ve never wanted to let anyone down, the result of which is that I’m very critical of myself. It would be good in general to just be kinder to myself. I think we could all learn that. Marie123 i feel the same way you felt in that there’s a part of me that really doesn’t believe I’ll ever achieve this having failed so many times before with so many diets, so what’s the point? I still just don’t really believe in myself, there’s a part of me that thinks I’ll always look like this and dislike what I see in the mirror. But the point is that if I stick with this it will improve my health, I’ve just got to give it time, and having you guys encouragement has meant I’ve honestly lasted longer than I ever thought. Thank you all again.
    Vulcan it sounds like you’re going through a really stressful time, I hope the situation will improve soon for you and you’ll be in a more positive place soon. Life can be really hard sometimes.
    I guess we all just keep on plodding onwards and ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿป downwards xx

• posted by marie123
    on

just wrote and lost a response so I’ll be brief.

Inka,
    That’s fantastic news, my friend. I’m absolutely delighted for you – and with no Metformin – hurrah!!!
    Marie xx

• posted by Anonymous
    on

That is wonderful inka…shows what can be achieved ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

• posted by theblackspot
    on

Vulcan463,
    Sounds like you’re going through the mill.
    Good luck for the future. Remember that you’re doing this for you and you’re health. And to be there for the Boys in the future.
    She sounds a baggage.
    Best of luck.

• posted by hedwig6
    on

So I normally figure I’ll sort things out in time, but I’m trying to be more on top of things with this process, since it seems necessary to actually follow it closely to get results, so I’m asking for advice early.

Last night I couldn’t sleep at ALL. And knowing I needed to wake up at 4:30 am and being super hungry and awake at night was frustrating. So I got up and ate… at midnight. This seems like a terrible idea.

I think I am stressed about the effect this will have on my day to day functioning if I follow it and am so hungry and exhausted from not sleeping. If I don’t sleep, it’s hard for me to run (which I love to do and it makes me feel so great), and it lowers my threshold for eating for non-hunger reasons or making poor choices. Also, I am definitely not as good of a parent when I am exhausted. I think I was the one who told Mrs. T that that’s okay, but it feels way less okay when I am actually dealing with it (the problem with giving advice! Sorry Mrs T!). Nor am I a very good employee. I have a lot of physics and math and programming at work and my brain needs to be functioning!

Finally, I am trying to do this without calling any attention to it at all, because I don’t want my kids to overthink food and because my husband will definitely be unsupportive and judgmental. That also makes it harder!

I do know it might take a while to get my rhythm going and to figure this out, so I’ll be patient and keep trying, but I could use some suggestions, especially on late night hunger!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi hedwig6,
    I struggled at first with getting to sleep. – Apparently carbs make an amino acid called tryptophan more easily available to the brain and its tryptophan which helps make you sleepy.
    When I started out I cut out most of the big white sources of carbs and was not so strict on carbs during the day so I used to save some of my carbs for an evening snack which helped. Then I went through a period of falling asleep in front of the tv and waking up about 2 in the morning.
    As I got used to eating low carb I found that sleep came easier. I do wake up easily earlier in a morning, feeling refreshed after deep sleep in comparison to before.

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Hedwig you posted recently that you hadn’t really given up carbs – have you now, because that would account for the hunger as what you are doing is calorie restricted which is miserable.
    An extension of the BSD is extended fasting. In Silicon Valley, where there are legions of creative programmers fasting is routine because of the edge of clarity of thinking gained by ditching the carbs.
    You obviously have a complicated situation if you feel you have to do it entirely on your own and I have no suggestions how you can reduce the added stress.
    Mrs T – I was listening to Jason Fung and he described the way we can feel when the wheels look as though they might fall off as ‘learned helplessness’. I think that describes it very neatly, the sense that it is out of our control and there’s nothing we can do about it.
    Maggie

• posted by hedwig6
    on

JGwen, your experience is really helpful, thank you. I’ll see if I can keep the carb load for later in the day. That would totally work for my schedule as well. It’s also helpful know that it might just be temporary as my body adjusts.

Maggie, thanks for the info. I know fasting helps with clear-mindedness. It’s the lack of sleep that fogs it up. After asking about it last week I did switch to low carb (<50g), though I had a couple of days during the week that went above that, though not by much. Maybe that was enough to cause trouble? Or maybe it is just an adjustment period.

I’ll see what happens when I reserve most of the carbs for the evening meal, then.

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Vulcan463

Hope you’re still around?

Sorry to hear of all the stress you are under and hope that you manage to find some way forward. I did wonder though whether rather than walking away from the BSD completely you might want to consider doing it on a 5:2? Ie on a low calorie/carb basis 2 days a week then eat normally the rest of the week. Your normal eating could perhaps be along Mediterranean lines where possible, but when not there is no need for guilt trips or anything.

A gentler solution like this could lead to weight loss and body changes at a slower pace and without the constant attention to detail that the Fast800 needs. It would also gradually get your body into the groove of surviving on lower calories from time to time, which would help you when you do restart the BSD in earnest.

Good luck with whatever you do!

• posted by Anonymous
    on

Hi everyone, hope you’re all having a good day. I’ve been really busy running around doing chores which has been good as I haven’t had time to think about feeling hungry! I made sure I prepped my meals yesterday and being organised has made a difference! Feeling positive today…thank you zoomers for encouraging me through the blip…I’d undoubtedly would have given up without you guys and your support, so I’m really grateful.
    Yesterday my husband told me that he was proud of how I was doing and that I was trying to improve my health…I was so surprised and pleased… that gave me a boost! Xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

What a lovely thing for your husband to say, Mrs. T! Congratulations to you for hanging in there ๐Ÿ™‚
    The first couple of weeks are the hardest, but you are now part of the “family”, and we are all
    committed to being “the wind beneath your wings” whenever you need us to be. Carry On, girl….
    your healthy future is totally in your own hands ๐Ÿ™‚

Allie

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

I’m so happy for you Mrs T. I recall you saying that your family weren’t very supportive at the outset but now you’ve got them in your corner. That makes the world of difference.
    To be honest I think families have heard it all before and they’ve got reason to be cynical. Now you’re firmly established in this way of eating no reason why you shouldn’t fly now.
    I had a bit of a moment yesterday when I asked my daughter if she wanted a drink- tea or water; a couple of months ago it would have been Rioja or Prosecco! We’re both better for the BSD ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Onwards and downwards Mrs T.
    Maggie

• posted by theblackspot
    on

Does anyone have any idea if with restricted eating windows I.e. 16:8, if vitamins would take you out of fasting?
    By asking this question am I admitting that I’m getting a little bit ott with this?

Answers to both on an envelope please…

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Definitely not OTT, Blackspot, just exploring the ways that will work for you.
    I don’t think there’s the least problem with taking vitamins, but isn’t it possible to take it in your eating window?
    Maggie

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Morning zoomers
    How are you all doing this is a quiet thread at the mo. Iโ€™m feeling extremely unnerved by my weird behaviour of STICKING TO IT , the last time this happened back in 2016 I felt like Iโ€™d been swapped by an alien you know beamed up. Itโ€™s such a odd feeling to not recognise your own behaviour. LOL
    But Iโ€™m hoping this grown up responsible way of being for my health way of thinking is with me as my new persona now as I love it. Iโ€™m clinging on like a limpet.
    And yes still constantly chatting to myself. Happy day everyone
    Alien ๐Ÿ‘ฝ jan hehe

• posted by zinny
    on

Hi green Janet. I can totally relate to what you are saying. Iโ€™m in my second airport of the day and Iโ€™m resisting buns and other carby offerings and just having a coffee. Earlier I at my boiled eggs in airport number 1 and on the plane just ate the toasted hellim cheese and tomato out of the panini. Previous to this I would have scoffed the lot ,and looked around to see I could get a second one.
    So yes Iโ€™m in a strange place as regards the blood sugar diet. I brought my scales with me on this trip so I know I have lost 2 lb and seeing them in the room every day and night certainly gave me food for thought.
    Early morning swimming was great, I shall miss that pool ,but looking forward to being home tonight. I have instructed husband no chips if he makes dinner!
    By now I would have given in to temptation, and said oh sod it ive had the wrong things so Iโ€™ll just give up. I really feel that I might be able to stick to this way of eating, so letโ€™s enjoy the strange feeling of enjoying being on a new way of eating!

• posted by abisaysyes
    on

Morning all! I’ve been reading your posts all week but guilty of being too quiet from here so thought I’d pop by with a progress report! Especially for alien Jan :))

Well, I started on Monday so on my weigh in on Tuesday I’d only been doing it 1 day so didn’t post, and I’d gained 0.1 kg!! Which is nothing, obviously, but didn’t feel worth reporting on one day!! Since then though I’ve lost 1.5kg since Tuesday, which I am sooo happy about. My hubby is back from his trip today and so I feel really pleased to have had this start by myself and that I can now continue now he’s back… Janet I know how you feel, I also just had some mange tout for my lunch yesterday and lasted until dinner, which was so strange! I thought “is this what normal people with normal hormones feel like??!!” It feels very freeing actually, and I’m already happier. The next challenge is keeping it up. I haven’t been so strict on 800cal but have been under 1000 I think each day and have also been doing some running so needed a little extra…it still works even in a more relaxed way!

I’m so impressed by everyone’s commitment and support here, thank you so much!

My mum and dad are coming for the weekend Saturday – Sunday so I’m planning things with “separate carbs” for us to eat so I can avoid them! The worst is when you get served something like lasagne I think, then you can’t just pass on the potatoes lol! But I never like “dieting” in front of people as it feels like they might think I’m judging them for snacking (which I’m not) or I feel a bit vulnerable that if it doesn’t work then people will see my failure… But I know I need to get past that and just crack on, as this is too important. Any tips? Not sure if anyone has read any Brene Brown, or watched the TED talks? I’d definitely recommend, they are all about vulnerability and shame, which is sooo helpful around diet/body stuff I think, although it doesn’t address it directly.

I’m looking forward to my waist shrinking like you all say, I need it!! Any weekend/social time tips much appreciated! Thanks again to you all for your support and encouragement on this group. Have lovely weekends all xx

• posted by wendyq
    on

Hello everyone,hope we can all stick to our plans this weekend.I’ve got out of the habit of writing down everything I eat so as a result have probably been eating more than I should but have been keeping off all bread,rice,pasta etc .I’ve been trying to keep to between 20-30g carbs each day but the only thing that has made me go over is the delicious berries that are out at the moment.Calorie wise I’m not too bad (although I’m not measuring exactly) but they do make the carbs go up.I’m actually tempted for a change to stick to 800 calories and not worry too much about the carbs,won’t eat any of the “bad” ones.What do you all think?

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Morning Greenjanet
    Isn’t it glorious here in Norfolk. I know exactly what you mean when you say that it feels like you have been swapped by an alien. Yesterday I was thinking “who is this person who is never ever tempted by the bad carbs, eats a stunningly healthy diet and has boundless energy”. I think I am very used to the food part of my new way of life – but suddenly last week I began to experience that I had masses and masses of energy which lasts right through the evening so I sail effortlessly through my evening classes. Muscles suddenly feel stronger also. I really don’t know when I last felt like this – probably 50 years ago.

Blood sugars have mostly been 5.5 two hours after a meal – which probably means that I am losing the insulin resistance. So will carry on with the intermittent fasting as it really does seem to be working.

Have also upped my water intake which probably had a lot to do with it.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Good morning zoomers, lovely sunny day here in Wales as well, and it looks set to be nice for the next few days.
    I am with you guys on being surprised with the change in how I feel. – Its normal for me now to have a couple of coffees in a morning while I do the work on line and then head out to do other tasks without eating. I probably have an extra hour a day to get on with projects because eating in just a 4 hour window each day, and I don’t feel deprived at all. – I wouldn’t have believed anyone who said this change would happen. Even during my second round of 8 weeks I was still looking forward to going back to eating carbs once I had lost weight.

• posted by Anonymous
    on

Good morning zoomers! Lots of positivity and good stuff here this morning! So glad you’re all doing well. It is fabulous weather today isn’t it, so am taking advantage and going for a walk – will enjoy the Scenery and help blood sugars too so double win! Hope everyone has a great Friday xx

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Glad there are other ๐Ÿ‘ฝ aliens out there, so chuffed for us all
    KrysiaD it sounds like your mitochondria are amazingly happy, brilliant work. What a difference that will have made for your life span ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
    Happy day all

• posted by theblackspot
    on

Sunny morning, beautiful avocado for brunch now a headache… Drink more water! Note to self.
    Keep on keeping on people!

Please log in or register to post a reply.