Zoom into June with a low carb VrooOOOM!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi KazzUK,
    I was thinking we could have so much fun with squidgy like …. right now its squidgy like kneading bread – which is sort of appropriate given that it was years of eating bread that created it. 🙂

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Have had a really hectic day so thought I ought to drop in with my weight loss – which is 3/4lb. Very happy with that as I am increasing calories a little to slow down weight loss. It seems to be going from around the middle and the tummy at the moment – which is good. Am now the lowest weight I have been since getting to maintenance in December 2016. I think I will go a little bit lower because there is still some squidgy on my abdomen which is definitely still fat. Maybe I still have the remnants of the fatty liver that I was diagnosed with in 2001.

The main goal is still to stay off the insulin injections – so everything is going well.

While the dogs were at the groomers I hit the high street with a reluctant husband in tow. Found a lovely top in a darker shade of of the Azure blue of my new M&S Blazer – so I now have a new outfit for my holiday in August. It was half price in a sale which was even better.

• posted by Buddhas wife
    on

Hi!
    Well done everybody!
    Short:Today 86,93 kg. Yes!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Excellent, Krysia! I still have a small “rounded bit” on my lower abdomen, too. I’m hoping that extending the
    intermittent fasting hours will address it. It’s a fine line that we walk, trying not to lose more weight, but
    addressing the unattractive bits and pieces. Thanks to your advice and that from JGwen, I’m looking to
    do all that is possible to do by the time I reach 2 years in maintenance. Your top sounds lovely! Where are you
    off to on holiday?

Folks, I’ve made fast work of the wine creep from last weigh-in, so I’m comfortably back to my ideal weight.
    Kazzi, count my small loss of 1.5lbs into this week’s totals 🙂 Buddhaswife, what did your total work out to
    after week 2?

Will be checking in tomorrow to see the tally 🙂

Allie

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

I certainly take your point about the risk of alienating people who are just dipping their toe in the water and I would hate to do that. On the other hand I’ve only been here 4 weeks and find the discussions on fasting and autophagy extremely interesting and relevant .
    The Fast Diet is pretty hard core and probably naturally appeals to people who want to make changes as fast as possible. But I’ll bear your thoughts in mind.
    Maggie

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

BTW, this is my fourth week and total is 15 lbs over the period and 4lbs this last week. So I’m thrilled and hoping for another 4lbs this week.
    Congratulations all, this forum keeps a wonderfully positive vibe thanks in large part to those with a ton of experience. Much valued xx

• posted by kaz62
    on

Morning everyone some wonderful losses posted- my wagon wobbled at the weekend so delayed a day to post a 1/3 lb loss rather than a 1lb gain😩wheels are back on now and I have some work to do before next week! xx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good morning everyone!
    At the end of week 2, between us we have lost…. 30.5 lbs, 2 inches and developed a squidgy area! That’s fantastic!
    BudhasWife – you posted your weight which is obviously less than last week, but what did you actually lose so I can add it to our total? 🙂 That’s a pretty awesome figure! Bit of a rush, so catch up with you all later…. I should have a quieter day today now my guys have gone off on their various trips…. when the mice are away… and all that! 🙂
    Kazzeexx

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi everyone, and particularly JackieM

Kazzee – Make that 31.5lbs!! Apologies for the late report-in – OH and I went for an overnight with some friends over in the North West on Sunday and ended up staying until last night. Some great losses reported – I particularly like the squidgy area happening thing.

Jackie – I’ve just read your post. It’s lovely to hear from you and that you’re doing so well at maintenance (I’ve been struggling a bit with that, although just starting). Yes, we have mirrored each other going down the scales and in some of the issues we faced, e.g. being yoghurt fiends, cholesterol, etc. Size 8 – can you believe it ? that is just incredible! – and I did smile at the white jeans comment as I remember you saying that previously. Keep in touch xx
    NB I hope Esnecca will be back, too. She has such a unique way of seeing things and putting them across. Her comments really made me question how I approached the BSD, and helped me apply that ‘steel’ when required.

So, the good news is I’ve lost 1lb this week, so I’m now 9st exactly. I got to 9st 0.5lbs a few weeks ago but then put on a few lbs, so technically this is my lowest weight. It was also my original goal. Hurrah! The not-so-good news is I’ve been struggling a bit this last week, my eating pattern has gone haywire, and my motivation has been up and down. Isn’t it strange, I travelled towards my goals (bgls and weight) with hardly a spill or trip, and it’s only now I’ve got there that I’m struggling.

Anyway, the real positive is I’ve realised that maintenance for me requires a completely different mind-set (definitely) and probably some new, different skills. I read a helpful exchange between lalala and Californiagirl which really helped me settle and refocus (thanks again, both) so for the coming week my challenge is to just to steady myself and relax.

Hope everyone goes well this week.
    Marie xx

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Allie – in August we are off to stay in a lovely hotel overlooking Orford castle. It is such a lovely part of the Suffolk coast. The food is superb and the dogs love it there.

Have just booked for Christmas at another lovely dog friendly hotel in the centre of the stunning medieval village of Lavenham in Suffolk. this is the first time we have ever been to a hotel for Christmas – it’s going to be part of my 70th birthday celebrations.

Have just sent an email to the chef setting out my dietary requirements. Just no sweet or starchy carbs and coffee and double cream and cheese instead of mince pies and Christmas pudding – so I shouldn’t be a problem for them. They know I am managing diabetes without insulin injections so they are being very helpful.

It’s great that we can – by tweaking the BSD – continue to address our issues without losing too much more weight.

MaggieBath, your weight loss is going brilliantly. I agree that having a mix of views on this forum can be helpful to new people. When I started on this forum I felt that the Fast 800 was too hard core for me. So was dropping carbs to 50g and intermittent fasting – even though MM had conquered his diabetes with the 5.2. I found the discussions on these issues fascinating – even though I was never going to do them. I had realised from the book that you can tailor the BSD to suit your own particular circumstances and go as slow as I wanted to. I actually in the end did all the things I thought I couldn’t do – but it was in my own time and at my own pace.

I did write down my goals at the beginning. One of the goals is really funny to read. My goal was to cut out my morning cappuccino with real chocolate flakes sprinkled on top for 8 weeks only. It was absolutely going to be for 8 weeks only and then I was going to go back to having it – nothing was going to stop me because it was my special treat. That was April 2016. I found over the 8 weeks that my Nespresso with cream was a real taste sensation. I could actually taste the coffee – and it wasn’t just a sickly sweet drink. Needless to say that was one goal that I very quickly ditched.

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

KrysiaD I suppose I didn’t have that far to go as I don’t have a sweet tooth so I just had to ditch everything in the bread bin. My big welcome was to belly of pork that I hadn’t eaten for years because it was fatty 🙁
    Amazing to have your taste buds change so dramatically that an old must-have just doesn’t appeal. I just wish this book had been written 40 years ago. But we have the knowledge now and isn’t that liberating. I’m not so far behind you in age and isn’t it brilliant we’ve been given the tools to transform our bodies and minds 😊😊

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Thanks Marie, and good going! Maggie – you really do have the bit between your teeth by the sound of it. Pork rind/scratchings whizzed up and used to “breadcrumb” chicken was another tip I picked up. I’ve yet to do it myself but sounds like it would be very tasty if you like that sort of thing. I had a sliver of lemon drizzle cake the other weekend, rather than offend my aunt who’d bought it especially. It was so sweet it was cloying! Made the backs of my ears itch and it was like drinking syrup! Absolutely vile. My taste buds have come alive since switching to this WOE. Long may it continue!

• posted by Amarela
    on

I agree, one of the most amazing things with TWE is the tastebuds waking up!
    I had a crisp the other day at the insistence of a small child and it was REVOLTING. All I could taste was the cheap vegetable oils and salt. Same with a piece of milk chocolate I use to love, it just tasted of palm oil and artificial flavourings, yuck.
    No interest in repeating either of those!

No of course freshly baked sourdough from the bakery is another thing entirely so steering well clear! 😄

• posted by Buddhas wife
    on

Hi Kazzee. I’m so sorry for messing everything up. 😢 Wheigt loss was 0,84 kg. I’ll report better next week.
    I’m very curious about the pork “breadcrumbs”. How does it work?
    MaggieBath, thank you for the protein link! I enjoyed it very much. He has humor and a perspective to other parts of the world. Will take a look at other things he writes.

• posted by treelady
    on

Hi Amarela,
    I know what you mean about crisps – I used to eat a whole large sharing bag easily in one go, but can’t stand the artificial greasy taste of them now. Keep meaning to give kale crisps a go, so thank you Buddhas wife for the recipe. I’ve developed a real thing for green olives and feta cheese now, and have to watch myself that I don’t eat two dozen or so in one go, but I keep reminding myself they are a better choice than a belgian bun or large packet of crisps.

• posted by Sleekly
    on

Started on April 22nd, so into my seventh week. Had a plateau for a couple weeks recently. Upped water intake and experimented with ratios of carbs/fat/protein a bit. Went a little too low on carbs briefly and had weakness. Increased fat as some have recommended and that helped. On Tues finally hit the bottom of this set of tens: at 170.7, down from 173.7, so a 3 pound loss this week. Yay for being out of the plateau!

I’ve had some very satisfying–what are they called again–NSVs?–where I can fit into the smallest jeans I own (that I had never worn before), and have gone down to a medium in shirts. I did some frame-size measurement tests and found out though I thought I had a large frame (probably because I have broad shoulders and a sort of swimmer’s build) I really don’t, I’m more on the border of small to medium. I carry extra weight spread out all over my body so it’s not super obvious and in a way that has been a hindrance to me realizing I needed to get it off to feel better. It’s been hiding! It’s great to feel like I’m stepping out of that imaginary larger frame.

All the information and support here has been so helpful. I’ve been a lurker for a long time and have been able to take a more educated approach thanks to all the information so many here have learned and shared.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Welcome Sleekly! That is indeed a NSV! An excellent loss! It’s always a relief when things start moving again.
    BuddhasWife, you’ve not messed anything up, my lovely! 😁 The pork rind crumb is a bag of seasoned pork rind and break it all up either by wacking the bag with a rolling pin or whizzing up in a small blended or food processor until it’s like bread crumb texture. I think I would lightly brush a chicken breast with olive oil so the crumbs stick to the chicken. Then bake in the oven. Give it a bit of crunch! I’ll let you know how it turns out if I have a go at the weekend!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Oh, Marie! You are absolutely positively at 9 stone! This must feel fantastic 🙂 Like you, I had a lot of mixed
    thoughts about maintenance…I wouldn’t call it depression, just unsure of what to do next! I must have been
    searching for a different kind of motivation, but discovering the forums at this time made all of the difference…
    Reading about the discovery of self confidence that is an every day occurrence on the 4 week challenges tends to
    keep it all fresh for me. Are you trying the reverse diet strategy?
    Krysia, your trip to the castle in August sounds wonderful. Wasn’t it last summer that your husband had hip
    surgery? Much must have changed since then! You have reminded me that there is absolutely no reason why
    we can’t think about traveling to an historic inn in either Vermont or New Hampshire for Christmas, either.
    I tend to forget that I’m no longer disabled, and can once again make plans in advance 🙂 If I don’t do it,
    it will never get done 🙂 Just the kick in the tail feathers that I’ve needed, so thank you!
    A very warm welcome to you, sleekly 🙂 I’m glad that you are no longer lurking and have decided to join
    us 🙂 🙂 🙂

Allie

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hi all, sorry I’ve been MIA for a while, just run ragged at the moment but what wonderful losses so far! Congratulations to all, both those with good results and those plugging away.

I’ve got back to my upper limit with 500g lost which I’m happy with. I was interested to see Sleekly’s reference to body frame size as that’s one calculator I’ve never done (must be the only one!) so I investigated and found I am medium to large framed. Why was I miffed about that! So silly. I guess I always took it for granted that because I’m so short I have a small frame. Liberating in a way, it makes me feel better about sitting at the upper end of my ideal weight range.

Life is busy but under control, we found a veil for my daughter at a reasonable cost so she is happy which makes me happy!

Best wishes to you all for this third week.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Allie – yes it was last August that husband broke his hip and we had to cancel our holiday in Orford. So it’s lovely to be able to make plans again. It’s great that you are no longer disabled and can make plans also.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good morning, Zoomers!
    Did anyone see that programme last night on BBC 1 about “crash” diets? Basically they had to have 800 cals per day in soup or shake form and their stats were taken at the beginning and the end of 9 weeks. 4 people were put in a house for a few days and then went home to continue the plan and introducing food…. The vicar with T2, went into remission! The lady with an incredibly fatty liver, after just 4 weeks, her liver was pretty much normal! The only thing not discussed was what ingredients were in the soups and shakes other than them being packed with all nutritional requirements. Here’s a link to iplayer…. https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0b53xqs/the-big-crash-diet-experiment?suggid=b0b53xqs Here’s the blurb introducing the programme for those not able to access iplayer….
    “Crash diets have long had a bad reputation, but some experts say it’s time to think again about the black sheep of the dieting world.
    Dr Javid Abdelmoneim teams up with some of Britain’s top scientists in a bold new experiment that puts the latest research on crash dieting to the test. Four obese volunteers with serious weight-related health issues, including type 2 diabetes, go on an extreme weight-loss programme and give up real food, surviving on a very low calorie soups-and-shakes diet.
    Will they lose weight in the long run and turn around their health problems? If it works, this radical approach to weight loss could help millions, save the NHS billions of pounds and revolutionise the way we diet.”
    Well worth a watch!
    Kazzee!

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Just watched the programme from the link you posted KazzUK. Thank you for sharing. It was interesting to see what 5lb of fat looked like!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

I know, CCathy! I’m not usually tickled stomached but it did make me gag!

on

KazzUK – it certainly give us good visualisation of the amount of fat we’ve lost! I lost 8 of those big lumps and two little ones! It’s difficult to comprehend but amazing!

• posted by alliecat
    on

I’m frustrated, Kazz. The program you referenced isn’t available in the U.S.! However, I’ve seen numerous bariatric
    procedures performed. so I know what that yellow, visceral fat looks like..uggh! Last month the weekly totals of
    fat loss were calculated, and since you’ve been keeping weekly totals this month, I think it might be interesting to
    calculate a 4 wk total too. Nothing wrong with a bit of visualization 🙂

• posted by Buddhas wife
    on

Hi zoomers!
    What a joy to read all progress! 😄😄😄😄😄
    Can’t see the BBC program in Sweden either.
    But I found a clipp with Paul’s story on YouTube. Very touching.
    https://youtu.be/SQ4dWSgmV68
    Yesterday I fell for som new candy in the store. Cand of healthy choklatdrage on different fillings. Just bought about 50 g (did have my head with me there). Went into my car and eagerly took the first one. Didn’t really like the taste so I spitted it out. Trying one more and one more. I spit them all out! The taste was so superficial the chokolate a joke and I drowe home. Hera I took a 10 g piece of 70% trinidad chocolate. Tasted correct and I stopped there. Pretty pleased with the whole experience. Before BSD I surely would have gulped it all in 3 minutes, but my behavior and taste has changed. So happy. That is today’s high light!
    Have wonderful day!

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

That’s brilliant Buddha’swife – spitting out chocolate, I bet you didn’t expect that. I nearly bought a bar of 90% yesterday but thought I couldn’t be trusted! Well done you being so self-disciplined 😊

• posted by alliecat
    on

Buddhaswife, I think it’s difficult for new members to the community to conceive of tastes changing until it actually
    happens to them 🙂 Isn’t it splendid !?! Is your “Buddha” practicing this way of life, too?

• posted by marie123
    on

Buddha’s wife – talking about Sweden, I was just curious if you are aware of the Diet Doctor website https://www.dietdoctor.com/. It was established by a Swedish doctor, Dr. Andreas Eenfeldt – I was recommending it yesterday to Sunnysandy and just re-posted it on Take A Look At This. He seems like another really good doctor (although I think he’s given up practicing now).

Allie – yes, you’ve got it in one! I think I’ve been so focused, head down, pushing forward to reach my bgl and weight goals that when I’ve got to them I’ve finally looked up, and thought ‘Oh, now what?’ Like you said, not depressed just a bit lost. Anyway, I’ve now turned it round and I’m clear about my next goals, so it’s all good.

Hi Sleekly – what great NSV’s – and it’s interesting what you’re saying about your ‘imaginary’ body frame and the weight being spread about your body turning out to be a bit of hindrance. Like Mariet, I do like a good calculator/ new way of calculating things so will also follow it up.

Kazz – I’ll definitely be watching the crash diet programme on iPlayer – cheers!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good morning, Zoomers!
    Here we are again, on the cusp of another weekend! Set to be dry for us at least in the Midlands. What are everyone’s plans? Any temptations to negotiate and if so, do you have a plan?
    I only have gardening, haircut and popping over to my mum’s to finish strimming the overgrown slope of her garden which she just doesn’t have the balance to be able to do herself. 🙂 It’s such a fantastic “wildlife” area though so will probably leave a corner untouched. Last weekend I saw 3 dragonflies and a baby frog!
    Allie, yes good idea, I’ll keep a monthly total. 🙂
    See you all later,!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by Amarela
    on

Morning everybody! Weather in my part of the world is still hot and dry, looking at the forecast is like the scorchio skit from Fast Show… my kids are finishing school today so plan for the weekend is to relax and go swimming in a lake or two. My eldest has had a horrid spring thanks to a few mean girls and she’s actually transferring to a new school at the start of next semester, we’re all just so relieved the school year is over!

Welcome Sleekly and thanks for the body frame calculator tip! I’ve also always thought I have a large frame because I’m tall and broad shouldered but apparently it’s small, who would’ve thought 😄 I also gather weight steadily all over my body so I very much know what you mean about it not being obvious until you’re actually very overweight…

My scales is out of batteries so haven’t been able to check the weight, but the hot weather means I’ve very little appetite anyway and am drinking tons of water so feeling positive despite time of the month bloating setting in, yuck.

I’m finishing my 8 weeks next Tuesday, it’s the first time I’ve ever followed a “diet” all the way through! Not that I think of this as a diet anymore but you know what I mean 😄

Trying to weigh the options of what to do next as I still have way to go to a healthy weight, not sure yet if I’ll continue with the strict 800 cals or just do a general low carb food plan.
    Intermittent fasting is definitely here to stay, I find it really suits my digestion.
    But holidays first!

• posted by Buddhas wife
    on

Hi all of you heros out there!
    Sleekly I loved that “I’m stepping out of that imaginary larger frame.”
    Burrow that for my pallette of BSD resources and I hope you don’t mind I change it to
    “I’m stepping IN of that imaginary SMALLER frame.” Its a positive affirmation! Exactly what I need right now. Bying choklate the other day could have been my unconscious trying to get back to the “old” familiar way of eating and looks. This affirmation will battle that! Thanks! Love you for that❤️
    MaggieBath tanks! No not in my wildest dreams! Self-discipline is not my best sport. I think stress is the worst thing to make me stumble. And my unconscious!
    And you stayed away from the 90%. So in a way you really CAN trust yourself, you decide too not take it! Thats a great achievement! All of which are adding up to you success in the long run! Horray! 👏
    Allie your right! Reading of the oldtimers experiences of what will come is soooooo ensuring and hopeful. And when it happens to oneself it’s like a dream come true! And a lot more. Like “they where right” (not that I didn’t think so but its the revers of “that will never happend to me” -thing). So if one statement is true then the rest of it must be too! The best inspiration there is on earth! ❤️
    When I was prompted to create a name on this forum the “Buddhas Wife” just popped up from nowhere!
    The Buddha is a mindset. Not practicing at all but Japan and zen Buddhism have always felt natural. The first book I read on zen put words on what I’ve been thinking for my self.
    I like the approach and attitudes. Especially the non- attachment.
    Zen things come and go in my life. Like the tea cermony I trained with a teamaster in Stockholm.
    Like the bread book I got as a gift from a publisher I worked for. That lead me to go oversees to visit Tassajara zen mountin center in Carmel Valley, California dessert where the book was written.
    But truly I feel that all religions have great stuff to offer. Why just select one? For me its a smorgasbord. Hope this is not off topic and defend anyone here. In that case I apologize.
    KazzUK! I so follow in your footsteps 😉. The weekend will be gardening! Planting blue-berried honeysuckle, going to the riding school for manure (starting new beds a la Ruth Stout) then going to mothers place and see if her garden needs trimming. Baking cake for my OH’s event with 60 people Saturday. Guess I take a little bit, want to know how the banana, passion fruit, lime, mascarpone-filling taste. I always tweak recipes. Can’t help it. 😂
    That will make it a busy and wonderful weekend!
    Have a nice weekend all of you lovley people!

• posted by zinny
    on

Hello everybody. Where are you incredible shrinking woman!
    It’s my weigh in Monday morning, I’m trying to be mindful of what I eat, planning ahead seems to be the best way for me but not always possible. I’m amazed how enjoyable cauliflower rice is and thanks to amazing shrinking woman for telling me about turmeric added to it although it does make a plastic bowl turn yellow.!
    I’m out for dinner tonight so have nominated myself as driver so no drink. I will be interested to see what the scales say for my second week. I’m going to try the tip of blitzed pork rind on chicken too.
    All the best to us all

• posted by zinny
    on

Pleased to report a 3 lb loss this morning. To say I am happy would be an understatement!
    Onwards and downwards

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hello fellow Zoomers!
    I apologise for not popping in over the weekend – it was a busy Saturday and then catching up at home yesterday
    Tomorrow is the beginning of our last week, can you believe it?
    Well done Zinny! That starts the 3rd week results off very nicely! 🙂
    I’m off to friends on Friday for the weekend, so I want to have a particularly good week this week!
    Kazzeeexx

• posted by Momof2
    on

Hello fellow zoomers. Pleased to report a 4 lb loss today. With your support and advice, I think I have cracked what I need to eat.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

That’s fantastic, Momof2! 🙂 Huge claps from me!
    I’ve lost a pound again. Was more yesterday. I think my weekend consumptions catch up with me on a Tuesday. Or perhaps I need to throw in a 24 hour fast…. I’m on holiday next week for a week, just a week at home but I do have a garden project planned – setting up a couple of veg plots and a small plastic greenhouse, so plenty to keep me busy when not out visiting a friend and helping my mum out in her garden. So I hope to get a couple of 24 hour fasts in next week.
    Looking forward to hearing from you all today with whatever results you have to report. I wonder if we can beat last week’s total which was around 34 lbs lost between us?
    Kazzeexx

• posted by Amarela
    on

Morning zoomers!

Didn’t have the greatest weekend food wise, couple of graduation parties meant champagne and few to many nibbles but nevertheless lost 2kgs or about 4.4lbs.

This also concludes my first round of fast800. When I started this I wanted to lose 20kgs and be “just” overweight instead of obese for my holidays, well we leave friday and I’m only 1kg
    away from that so might even get there! 😄
    Overall, I’m super pleased with how my health has improved, weight has fallen off and my whole thinking regarding food has been revolutionised.
    It feels like ketosis has supercharged my brain, the improvement in my energy and mood in general really is miraculous and I feel like singing it from the rooftops! The more that I convert to this way of eating the more it annoys me to see all the crap spouted in magazines etc about weight loss and healthy eating! You know the plate model, you must eat grains daily, beware of fat, never skip a meal, keep snacking etc…

• posted by kaz62
    on

Good morning Zoomers it’s 1.2lb for me this week definitely slow but steady but a few lapses so I’m hoping for a strong final week but happy to be 5.5lb lighter than when I started 🎉🎉congrats to everyone again today – I watched the documentary above on BBC iplayer so can now visualise each pound which makes it seem a greater achievement every time a lump of it disappears from our lives xxxx

on

Morning everyone- a grumpy start for me! Scales gone up to 137! Two x 24 hour fasts this week to try to achieve 134 which was my target for the week. I always do 16:8 anyway. I am up and down the same 2lb now for months! Have decided that I am being too hard on myself. I achieved my goal of 133 in November last year and seven months down the line I am punishing myself to achieve an unrealistic target of 130! I did get down to 134 in the week and then today it’s 137. Have decided to call it a day and accept the good weight loss I achieved last year and just to keep vigilant with the low carb and I will enjoy my sons wedding whatever I weigh! I have come to realise that I am giving the scales too much power! I am wearing size 10 work trousers- I am 57 years old. I think I need to get a reality check! Well done in some great weight losses. Keep up the good work everyone. I’ve decided to bow out for a little while but I will still be following your progress on the forum. Feel I need a break from constantly beating myself up!

• posted by carothomas
    on

Hi everyone!

Sorry for falling off the forums – we had a long weekend away and since being back I’ve been struggling with an upset stomach and raised blood sugars again. I’ve been pretty miserable (so I can really empathise with you, ClarinetCathy) as even now I seem to have a normal stomach my sugars are still raised. Since my last reported weigh-in two weeks ago I am up 0.25lb. I’m not so surprised about that as it went up a bit after our holiday and I’m pleased to be pretty much back to where I was before it. I’m having a few weeks of trying 5:2 before going back to 800/20, so I hope it’s ok to keep posting here!

Have a good day everyone.
    Caro
    x

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Well done everyone with your losses.
    Cathy – you are quite right about the scales having too much power. Why not accept 137 as your goal weight then anything you may achieve below, consider it wriggle room? You have achieved your goal – size 10! and so as you say, relax a little and think about maintenance which is probably what you’ve been doing any way! Don’t be a stranger! xxx

• posted by marie123
    on

Zinny and Momof2 – congratulations – 3lb and 4lb are great losses – hurrah!

Kazz and Kaz62 – 1lb and 1.2lb – a loss is a loss – good going. Funny you lost the same, is there any chance you’re twins?

Amarela – just wanted to offer a big shout out to you – finishing your 8 weeks and being pretty much at you target is a brilliant result. A massive well done to you.

Well, I’m a bit like ClarinetCathy. I’ve reached my goal (stayed the same this week) and don’t feel I’ve got too much to say except I’m at goal and learning to maintain. So I’ve decided to pull out of the Challenges for a bit and hop across onto one of the ‘maintainers’ threads. But like CC I’ll be back to cheer everyone on.

Thanks Kazzee xxx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Caro – sorry you’ve been unwell but glad you are on the mend. Of course it’s okay to still post here and on any other thread! You are very much a part of this little group! 🙂 Take a little time, may be plan your meals for the next 7 days and that will help hopefully. It does me. It’s all part of the learning process, overcoming the obstacles that get thrown in our path along this road! KOKO! 🙂

• posted by pkd2004
    on

Congratulations to all losers (I love writing that – it seems so contradictory!). I’m back on track and have lost 3lbs this week. It is definitely helpful readying everyone’s supportive comments and learning we all have wobbly moments, and then get back on the horse! We are definitely winners really!

• posted by JGwen
    on

I seem to be going through a prolonged period of inch change but no weight change. –
    My NSV for this week is and inch off my hips and that my spare tyre is less squidgy than last week. – Where squidgyness is calculated in terms of the difference between the readings if you lay the tape measure on the surface, against the reading when you pull the tape measure as tight as possible displacing fat either side.

• posted by jojodoodle
    on

Annoyed with myself for falling off the forum this last 10 days. Caught up in other things and not focusing on myself. No real damage done – up 2lbs. Back to it from yesterday – good first day and feeling buoyed to be back on the task.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Marie – thanks for your support. See you on the other threads! 🙂 PKD – another excellent loss! 🙂 JoJo – good on you for getting back in the car! 🙂 JGwen – less squidgy is good I think? and another inch. I love the way you are noticing these changes… I don’t look in the mirror unless I’m dressed!

• posted by SarahChebel
    on

Morning everyone,

Just a quick weight loss report from me, not had a chance to read through everyone’s posts yet today as I’m working. Hope everyone has done well.

I have lost 1kg this week, was hoping for more as I was less yesterday but hey ho!!

Xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.