Zoom into June with a low carb VrooOOOM!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by marie123
    on

KrysiaD – I’m so pleased for you – I’ve read your posts about being on insulin (and one sunshine-girl wrote recently) and have been genuinely moved. Here’s to your next Hba1c being a good one xx

nb Yes, I’ve only had a couple of Hba1c review meetings (locally) but they’ve been with 2 different practice nurses. Last time I took the name of the practice nurse I met who I particularly liked, and have decided to arrange my review meetings with her in future. If she’s not available I’ll just wait until she is. Like you, I just think I’ll get more out of seeing the same person.

• posted by Millie Moo
    on

Morning all my lovelies! In tears this morning- why? Because reading the threads and support that we give each other is for me so emotional. I think that whilst I have only 2 stone to lose ( everyone who is facing a larger loss are doing so brilliantly) and I feel guilty as I am losing it not for health reasons but maybe vanity as I want to look nice and slim? That said when you try to lose weight on your own it’s really hard , but to have this forum and to see others ups and downs and successes really keeps me on track and keeps me motivated, so thank you everyone and I shall raise a glass to you all today – filled of course with water! Currently 16 lbs down in 5 weeks which I am thrilled with and another 12 lbs to go to target.
    Greeneyes I am truly your twin as I am also a teacher although taking vol redundancy end of August as my school needs to make cuts. Have been there with the mints last week and disgustingly hate to say it , put the offered mint in my mouth , thought about it and took it out again – yuk!!.
    Anyway – keep going everyone – sun shining brightly this morning so will take dog on a walk. Have a good , no, -great week of successes! Xx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hello, from an overheated office! (until the aircon kicks in!)!
    Marie, our mornings couldn’t be more different could they?! I would give anything to be able to go for an early morning walk on the beach! 🙂
    I’ve ordered that book also however, I’ve just received notification that it’s been dispatched and I’ve bought a black and white version (in error)! Hmmm, a cook book in black and white! Didn’t know you could buy such a thing!
    Caro – I hope your tummy settles down soon. Sorry, I can’t help as I don’t have T2.
    SueBlue – your salads sound scrummy! I must be more adventurous! 🙂
    See you all a bit later!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Millie Moo – just seen your post – ahhhh – sending big hugs your way.. ((((())))). 🙂 I too get overwhelmed with everyone’s kindness and support for each other. It is just AMAZING how this community has come together and we help and look out for each other, as best we can. It doesn’t matter the reason for losing weight… at the end of it you will be healthier and happier. That’s an excellent reason 🙂 🙂
    Kxx

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Kazz – I wouldn’t worry about the book being black and white – Lynette published a few options, Kindle, B & W and colour to try and cater for everyone and different budgets. I don’t really look at the pictures, just the recipes. The ones I’ve tried have all been lovely, I made another batch of the chorizo and butternut soup on the weekend because I love eating it, and it’s perfect for our weather here in Australia at the moment (its Autumn, coming into winter). I’m looking forward to trying more recipes now that I’m on leave.

• posted by Dolly
    on

Hi all

After doing well all week – had a really bad day food wise yesteday – back on track this morning – been to gym and going to have a fast day.

Sunshine fab – hope everyone gets some time to enjoy it today. 🙂

Find reading posts so helpful and supportive. xx

• posted by Buddhas wife
    on

Hi fellow zoooomers!
    I’m so sorry but I have almost no time to read or write here, just pop in to tell you I’m still in and my progress. 😄
    I hope you all have success in one way or another with weight, BSreadings, insights or decisions.👍 And knowing all of you I know you’re spot on!
    I’ve been doing well and today the scales delivered a long awaited news. I hit one of my goals on this long and interesting journey. Today I went from obesity to overweight!!! Wheigt is now 87,88 was 102.1 kg in januari. It has been so many years carrying these kg. Both bodily and mentally. But this WOE + this forum is a smashing hit combo!
    Time to set a new goal and that will be to drop to 85 kg. This week goal is to keep going down and exersise a bit more. I prefer small stepps on my way to 72 kg.
    One step at a time..
    I which you all the very best of luck. Go for it!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Buddhas Wife! Drum roll…… That is fabulous news! Woohoo!! Take a bow! I am delighted for you! Zooming along! 🙂
    Kazzeexx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hello, everyone! I’ve been “quieter” than usual on this new 4 week challenge,
    because I got hopelessly behind with other threads during the May one.
    I’m looking forward to reading a full report on tuesday of how we’ve all done!
    SueBlue and Marie, the discussion about creative salad making is completely
    on target for me, as the weather in New England has turned hot and humid
    now, and I’ve just announced that the Fall/Winter kitchen is closed for another
    year, and dinner salads are officially back on the menu until Fall. We eat a
    great many that I’ve developed over the years, and have just been reviewing
    my repertoire. Would anyone be interested in a new thread to share our
    creations? It might be fun! 🙂
    Looking forward to being “back” tomorrow!

Allie

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi Allie,
    I think that’s a great idea – although as you’ll have seen from my conversation with SueBlue I’ll have very little to contribute at least to begin with. We could either start a new thread or use Luvtcook’s existing low carb/good eats thread so we can keep everything together. What do you think? Anyone else got some good ‘salad days’ recipes?

Btw Allie, apropos of absolutely nothing – having read other posts, we have a shared interest in historic houses etc but much more curiously I share your OH’s interest in things prehistoric – no, I won’t go there – too obvious! We went to the Dordogne a few years ago and spent a lot of time going around the caves to see the pre-historic cave paintings. It was an interest of my teenage sons. It wasn’t something I expected to be that interested in, but there something quite moving and magical about them. Loved them!

• posted by marie123
    on

Buddha’s wife – Just want to give a big shout for you; moving down into the overweight category, that’s brilliant – as is going from 102 kgs to 87kgs. Hurrah! Well done that woman xx

Kazz – I noticed the black and white version of the book, never seen that before. I actually got the kindle version. Not the same as a proper book but I refuse to add one more thing into our current clutter (still, we’re getting there – woohoo!).

Millie Moo – it’s lovely isn’t it how kind, caring and supportive people are. I agree with you – losing weight on your own is really hard. 16lbs in 5 weeks is great going. I also agree with Kazz (as ever) – everyone’s reasons for losing weight are valid. One of my goals was/is to buy a pair of fashion boots next Winter – and I mean a pair I really want not just a pair that fit – I CAN’T WAIT.

Dolly – hope the fast is going well. I paid my first proper gym subscription today and back to Pilates tomorrow.

Catch up with everyone else’s news tomorrow. xx

• posted by Trundlebug
    on

Congratulations Buddha’swife on your success. Keep up the good work.
    Week 5 of 8 here at my end and i think I’m in the swing of it – mealtimes are falling into place and although snacking is still an issue, I’ve decided to stick to nuts as they are low carb. I figure that’s a good compromise. I’m looking forward to finishing this 8 weeks strong and then sticking with the eating plan and losing the cal counting. Think I will keep up the 800 twice weekly as that will hopefully keep me on the right path.
    Have a great week, all. X

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Happy Tuesday everyone!
    Congratulations Buddhaswife for reaching your milestone! I’m working towards the same goal (obese to overweight) – another 3.2kg to go and I’ll be there.
    I’ve had a good week, just shy of 2kg loss (1.9kg) which is a very good loss for me as I’m a slow loser.
    Marie – good idea to use Luv2cooks thread. Although it is almost winter here in Sydney we are still getting sunny days with temps of 22/23 centigrade – very similar to the weather in the UK at the moment, so salads are still a good choice. Actually all last winter I was still having salad for lunch, but I’d often have soup with it too.
    Good luck everyone else on your week 1 weigh-ins as we Zoom into June 🙂

• posted by alliecat
    on

Good morning, Marie! It’s close to lights out in my little corner of the world,
    but I’m looking forward to continuing our conversation tomorrow about the
    National Trust and cave art, which I think I’ll take over to the “Positive Thoughts…”
    thread. I do have a bit of trouble relocating recipes that I find thread wide, but
    I so appreciate all the hard work and time that LuvtCook has devoted to building
    her thread, and it occurred to me that we might give her a bit of a reprieve on
    summer salads! I hope that she will weigh in with her opinion, and I’m very
    happy to comply with what serves the community best. I’m delighted that
    my interest in cooking has been reignited after so many years, and I know
    that you are interested in trying out new ideas as well. Always fun to keep
    it fresh, and what better time than a change of seasons?
    “Til tomorrow, my friend 🙂

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Happy Tuesday, Zoomers!
    I’m showing a 3 lb loss today. Taking me to 15 stone 10 lbs. It was more on Sunday morning but there you go. I’m going back to weighing on Fri and Tues only….
    SueBlue – that’s an excellent start! 🙂
    I would love to hear of people’s salad recipes. I had a lovely one yesterday at work and bought the ingredients to replicate it myself at home last night = all green veggies with a dijon mustard, olive oil dressing. Allie, you could start a thread called Salad Ideas or something although I don’t think LTC would mind if we posted on her thread.
    Looking forward to hearing how everyone has got on!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by kaz62
    on

Morning all a big congrats to Buddahswife on a brilliant milestone 🎉and to everyone posting losses today .I am posting a 4lb loss this is my first week back on could have been a bit more but a few carb wobbles over the last few days from poor sleep ( night sweats😳the thing is I know the carbs make them worse so viscous circle going on) like you KazzUK would have been moreif I’d posted Sunday but I’m telling myself that’s a few easy pounds I can claim next week. So into week two and working on my willpower😉and avoiding the snack table at work. Good luck everyone xx

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi everyone,
    Congratulations SueBlue – just worked it out (well, the conversion calculator did) 1.9kg is over a 4lb loss. That’s great going.

kaz62 and Kazz – yes, me too – I actually weigh a lb more today than I did yesterday, but I’m going to adopt your view kaz62 and see it as an easy loss for next week (of course we’ve now got to report a loss next week!). I’ve lost 3lb (1.3kg); I’m happy with that as I’m now back to 9st 1lb (57.6kg) – and only 0.5 lb above my lowest weight. Need to do better on the weighing/recording front but a good start to the Challenge. Off to Pilates soon so feel like I’m back ‘on it’.

Allie -about the good eats thread – I’ve never really seen those types of threads as belonging to any one individual, more that they kick start them, but I certainly wouldn’t want to upset Luvtcook (hers are some of the first recipes I’m trying) so yes, I’m happy with the idea of a new thread, my friend xx

Wishing everyone well with their reports-in. Will be back to read later.
    Marie xx

• posted by carothomas
    on

Good morning everyone!

Congratulations to Kazz, Kaz62, Trundlebug, Marie123 and anyone I’ve missed! Well done on a fab week!

It’s day 1 of Week 8 for me today and I’ve lost 3.25lbs this week which I’m thrilled about! My total for the 7 weeks is 18.25lbs which I’m even more thrilled about. I started the BSD with the primary goal of reducing my blood sugars, which I’ve done (albeit I’d like them to be lower, of course) and I decided I’d be happy if I lost a stone over the 8 weeks, which I’ve already passed. In the seven weeks I’ve also gone from Obese to Overweight (yay!) and I’m now within 2 stone of the top of my ideal weight, which I’m VERY excited about! I think it’s been literally decades since I weighed this “little”.

Have a great day everyone – I’ll have a think about salads too – I suspect that some of my previous go to’s are not going to make the low carb cut!

Caro
    x

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Oh wow! What a brill start to this vroom. Well done to kazzee, kaz 62, carothomas, Millie moo, Marie 123 and everyone else. Sorry I can’t name all of you, too many. Please don’t think you’re not as important or I’ve forgotten you.
    I am 9st .75 this morning so happy with that. Only a couple more pounds for wiggle room and I’ll be happy. Don’t want to go over 10 again really.
    How about this? Instead of hanging out of my
    my two blkinis THEY ARE TOO BIG! Sorry to shout but I couldn’t believe it. Here am I waiting for a chance to wear them next week in France and I’ve missed it. New ones! Will try Asda there’s are usually cheap and cheerful. I was really shocked. More so than my size 12 jeans!
    Happy weigh in day or happy Tuesday all.
    As a non diabetic and someone who lost the weight to combat weight gained on steroids I forget really that this way of eating is to bring blood sugars down primarily. So well done to all of you. KOKO and as I keep saying on different sites “take some courage, a friend and one step at a time” you are all superstars. If you fall or slip off the wagon then just dust yourself off and someone will always help you up again.
    Ooh where did all that come from? Bit heavy for first thing!

Luv Tilly X

• posted by Sophie99
    on

Congrats on everyones losses! FINALLY after a 12 day plateau I was down 2 lb this morning!

This week will be hard. I finally finish 18 years of education on Wednesday and it will definitely be hard to resist “treating” myself in the old ways – with food 🙁

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Excellent, Caro! Smashing your own goal! 🙂
    Tilly – what a fabulous discovery!! Good job you tried them on this week and not left it until you got to France!
    I have to remind myself that when the scales don’t move or even fluctuate up, there are still things going on inside and inches/cm can be lost…
    SueBlue, Kaz62, Marie, Trundlebug, BuddhasWife – you’re all going great guns! Fab results. 🙂
    Kazzeexx

• posted by SarahChebel
    on

Morning all,

It’s so lovely reading everyone’s losses! So motivating to read.
    I’ve not had a great week, had to have some unexpected surgery last week, I’m okay now but it did take it out of me! And I didn’t worry about what I was eating for quite a few days. It’s my birthday today and my husband has made me a birthday cake so I will be having a slice of that later. But from tomorrow I will be back 100% to the BSD and next week I better be reporting losses!! I have a swimming costume to get into in 9 weeks!!

Good luck everyone, have a great week! 😊

• posted by KazzUK
    on

I’m keeping a tally of results! 🙂 Thought it might be fun…

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Morning everyone- 136.0 this morning giving me a 1.2 lb loss this week. Am very happy with that as I had to do the walk of shame on Saturday after my royal wedding snackathon! Three pounds more to get me back to my goal weight and just over five weeks to the wedding so I am on track to be my lowest weight on BSD for the wedding day! If I lose 6lb then I will be more than happy with that on the day! Well done on some great weigh ins this morning. Keep plodding everyone! Remember the tale of the tortoise and the hare. Doesn’t matter which one you are you still get to the finish line.

Cathy Tortoise
    X

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Happy birthday, Sarah – I hope you have a lovely day and that you will be feeling back to normal soon! 🙂
    Sophie – you must be really pleased after a 12 day plateau – glad things are on the move again! 🙂
    KOKO!

• posted by SarahChebel
    on

Thanks Kazz,

I am feeling a lot better today, and the sun shining helps! 🌞 plus I have 10 days off work which will really help me get stuck back into the bsd, 😊

• posted by KazzUK
    on

CCathy – excellent, more good news! The walk of shame – yes, it’s not something I want to do very often, most uncomfortable feeling! 🙂
    Do you really play the clarinet? Just wondering ?

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi guys, No change in the scales to report today, but I think there is an inch loss, my tight jeans are not as tight as they were last week. – Unfortunately rushing around for a meeting this morning I didn’t have time to find the tape measure to check.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hi KazzUK- I do actually play the clarinet! I also play the piano. I only play for pleasure. I started having piano lessons when I was 7 years old and started to learn playing the clarinet aged 50. I always loved the tone of the instrument so my husband bought me one for my fiftieth birthday as a surprise! Because I can read music it was easier to pick up. I am a member of an orchestra and take part in festivals and competitions etc. I wanted to be chattycathy when I signed up to BSD but it must have already been used and so I decided to be clarinetcathy!

Plan for this week is to get to 135 lb or less by next Tuesday. I will not be doing the walk of shame next week at all. Oh no, Ive just remembered, it’s the hen party next weekend! Might have to throw in a couple of fasts before the Tuesday weigh in!

• posted by marie123
    on

Caro, That’s just a whole lot of great news – blood sugar levels, weight loss to date and shifting down into the overweight category – fantastic!
    Tilly, I can barely remember what a bikini is – but, for one (or both in this case ) to be too big – that is so impressive. It makes me wish I’d bought one last year just so I could now say ‘I can’t get into my bikini, it’s too big!!’ – and I’m only half joking!
    Sophie99 – Those plateaus are a real pain, but isn’t it great when the weight loss finally happens, and it’s doubly great when it’s on a weigh-in day. Wow, Wednesday (tomorrow?) will be a big thing for you – let us know how you get on with the celebrations xx
    Sarah – sorry to hear about the surgery but Happy Birthday for today Hip, hip hurrah!
    CC – l can relate to the tortoise story – I know it’s been said on here before that the positive of losing more slowly over a longer period is that you learn how to maintain as you go along – I hope there’s some truth in that. For me, this bit now feels like a whole other ball game. But, it’s just a different kind of challenge I guess. Here’s to you losing the 6lb!
    JGwen – good to know the BSD is continuing to work its own curious magic
    Kazz – great thread, cheers – n.b. don’t forget to add the bikinis into the tally!

• posted by Sleekly
    on

Hi all! I’m into week five, day thirty-one, and have lost eleven pounds and gone down a size. I hit a bit of a weight plateau in the last week when I increased my water intake. Maybe the water hangs around as water weight for a while until the body adjusts to the increased consumption?

Day before yesterday was my birthday and rather than having something not within the parameters of the BSD I made a tray for the family of all my favorite BSD foods and ate what I liked, not bothering to track it for that one day. Gouda, avocado, green olives, Italian salami, hard-boiled eggs, blackberries. Yum!

Weigh-in today was 173.7.

• posted by Momof2
    on

Hi everyone! Well done to all. I don’t have any losses to post this week. Hopefully better week next week.

• posted by Amarela
    on

Morning! Well done on the lovely losses!

I’ve hit my first plateau and have lost nothing in the last week… I reckon a plateau was going to happen at some stage but it’s frustrating as I’ve been eating well, drinking plenty, keeping active. But oh well, KOKO and here’s to a good week 7.

Buddha’s wife, we’re probably a similar height as our goals are about the same… I’m a few kilos behind you as I’m still working towards the obese to overweight milestone, but also have similar smaller goals in mind.

• posted by Millie Moo
    on

Fab weight loss everyone – and some inspirational stories!
    Tilly I can relate to what you have just said re the bikini – I have just bought one for the first time in years , I haven’t worn it yet ( it’s still in its packaging) as I usually buy tankinis because they hide a multitude of sins! But this diet (hate to call it a diet , but you know what I mean) has meant that I can see ribs! Yes really – amazing so may be brave and wear it this year. Going away for a couple of weeks to Norfolk – can’t remember who went recently , but for those of you who have never visited Blakeney, Holt etc it’s really lovely and worth a visit. Have told my husband I’m taking the scales to keep me on the straight and narrow. CCathy loved the end of your post ( tortoise) that made me smile!
    Good luck for the coming week whether it’s big,small or plateaus (i’m An English teacher but that spelling doesn’t look right,!)
    Xx

• posted by Momof2
    on

Hi everyone! Just to update following a not so very successful start I have gone back to drawing board, read everyone’s posts and the book again and have a plan for this coming week. I am going to plan my meals and make sure I have lunch as otherwise between 3-8pm I seem to eat voraciously!

Millie moo- I too have never bought a bikini but do wonder if that and a lovely summer holiday in Norfolk May be more motivating goals…..

Thank you for the support everyone.

• posted by Tillybud
    on

There you are then ladies! Aim for a bikini. I’m definitely going to wear them in France next couple of weeks (weather permitting). At £13 each bikini (Asda’s finest!) it won’t matter really if after this break they go to the charity shop!
    If you are doing well, great news! If you’re struggling, keep on keeping on. This as we all know is a marathon not a sprint. You fall by the wayside? Get up, dust off, start again. Keep looking at the recipes, read the book. Try something new. Who knew I’d love tuna and butter bean salad? Or goats cheese, pear and walnut? But I’ve tried them and wow! The taste, texture and mouth feel is fab, even though I first thought “eurgh, don’t fancy that”. So don’t rule anything out.
    Keep him information, don’t lose heart. We’re all here for each other. This he highs and lows, peaks and troughs, the soaring and the plurality. Giddy heights, depths of despair. We’ve all been there, done that and some have got the tee shirt.
    Bonne courage mon amies(?) 😄Think that’s how you spell it. Apologies if not 😬
    Luv Tilly x

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Ooh sorry. Must read through posts before submitting! Hope you can translate the rubbish bits! Plurality should be plummeting for a start. Humble apologies all😱
    Tilly x

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good morning, Zoomers!
    Having a full on day in the office today, so my posts will probably be few and far between…. :
    Just thought you’d be interested to know, at the end of our first week, we have lost a total of 20.45 lbs (9.295 kg), 2 bikinis and 1 inch! That’s a fabulous result! 🙂
    Remember, even if you stay the same on the scales, something is getting smaller/shrinking on the inside, so just keep plugging away! 🙂
    Have a good hump day, lovelies! 🙂
    Kazzeexx

• posted by marie123
    on

A good what? day, Kazz xx

• posted by Tillybud
    on

My thoughts exactly marie123! I’m thinking maybe something to do with camels??!! The mind boggles (or maybe only the dirty ones😀)

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Lol. I can tell you as I think Kazz is busy today.

Wednesday is the middle of the week therefore it is a hump in the middle. In the UK we call it the hump day as once it is over, it is downhill to the weekend.

Love the idea of it being Camel day lol.

We Brits are strange…why say “apples and pears” when stairs is easier to say? Have to admit never having heard that said in seriousness though. It is mainly a London thing. There is a hill in the midlands called The Wrekin, and a saying “All around the Wrekin” meaning the long way. Another is all around the houses. When I lived in London, no one had heard of the Wrekin and didn’t understand what I meant. Language is a mutual and devisive thing.

Have a good Wednesday ladies, it is all downhill to the weekend now.

Love
    Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by marie123
    on

Tilly – guilty as charged!

Nonna Mary – thanks, I’d never heard of that one before. Funnily enough I have heard “All around the Wrekin” in fact I’ve literally been all around the Wrekin as I had a friend many years ago who came from Telford. I’m on my way over to ‘speak’ to you on your ‘home’ thread. Catch up with you there.

Millie Moo – We’ve stayed in Blakeney a couple of times and spent 4 days on a boat on the Broads one time. Really enjoyed Norfolk.

Momof2 – yes, snap. I’ve been eating a bit haphazardly lately. I need to get back to my 2 meals a day (While losing weight I usually skipped breakfast and then divided my 800 cals between lunch and dinner – with more for my evening meal). That helped me avoid the evening snacking. Now I’m more or less at goal (although might need to lose a bit more at some point to reduce my waist) I’m trying to work out a maintenance pattern and everything seems a bit up in the air again. Good luck with this week’s plan.

Kazz – that tally made me smile.

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Ha ha! I’ve never heard that expression before. Thanks for the info Mary. Must be a Midlands expression. I’m Northern and not come cross it. Any “funny” sayings are usually Northern! I was flummoxed.
    Tilly x

• posted by Momof2
    on

Hi everyone! Thanks for the lively banter.
    Kazz- the tally sure puts a smile on the face
    Nonna Mary- thanks for the explanation. Makes total sense once I read ur explanation
    Marie123- I may try out your way of doing 800/day as I suspect it will make it easier to avoid snacking.
    Tilly- love your analogy of roller coaster

Take care everyone.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Glory, glory, everyone! What a wonderful week of accomplishments! I love the tally too, Kazz, but I’m afraid
    that I have to be responsible for diminishing it by 1.5lbs this week. I think I got a bit too exuberant with “wine
    creep” over the weekend! Back on the straight and narrow now…After 13 months in maintenance, I just got
    too complacent and sloppy! No more of this foolishness. Tilly, imagine it..A bikini!!! Enjoy every minute on
    the beaches of France. I think my bathing costume days are probably behind me, unless I can locate a relic
    from the 1930’s that comes to the elbow and knees 🙂 I do believe they were made of wool, though, and sound
    very “itchy” . Maybe a midnight dip in the ocean could work?
    Have a wonderful finish to the weekend, all. I love the energy here!!!

Allie

• posted by Buddhas wife
    on

Good evening!
    Just posted here but it went into cyberspace. Twise. 😯😯
    So I keep it short.
    First of all thank you everyone who saluted my transition in to overweight. I wrote all your names here to recognize you. So sorry its all gone🙏 Thank you!
    Love to celebrate all fantastic results that’s shared here. Congrats to all! We deserve it! And congrats Sarah (?) on your birthday. Here’s a totaly carbfree elektronic cake 🎂.
    Wanted to tell you what happened tuesday when i met my lovly very caring physiotherapist about training my achillestendon. Proudly I told her I’ve now lost 14 kg/30 lbs. She looked at me a little bit worried and asked. “Are you sure you’re keeping up mentally with your rapid weight loss?”
    I know there’s a lot of misconception about loosing weight. If you are an “overachiever” and go “to fast” the weight slowly will come back. They say.
    I was dead sure and my voice steady as a rock when I calmly answered “I have never in my whole life been so prepared for this as I am right now. I’m prepared for success and I know I can do it.” I paused, and added “I know the technique and I’m totally supported by people on a internet forum who are doing the same thing. I will do it.”
    I could feel that she was still doubtful but she is smart and would never interfere when not wanted. So she just slowly nodded. Love her for that. We talked a bit more and at the end she concluded that the obesity probably contributed to the problem in the first place and that wheigt loss was helping it to heal again.
    Back home I was thinking that in her office I realy told myself that no matter what, I’m ready. I no longer have to doubt the decision or spending time and energy fearing that I will fail. Someone here, maby in this thread (please forgive me, so sorry I dont remember your name) talked about a feeling of being liberated. I totaly agree!
    Its one problem less to worry about. Its freedom! That brings energy back!
    So for the rest of the week (thanks again to you with “liberated”! ) I will remeber that I’m free. Free to have the success.( I just safety copied this text, paused to write “free and success” down on a piece of paper an put in on my refrigerator.)
    Well, it wasn’t that short. 😄
    By for now. Take care of your success.
    BW

• posted by alliecat
    on

Bhuddahswife, that’s probably me that often refers to being “liberated” after losing 50% of my body weight. No
    more yo yoing about, just freedom to go forward and live life to the fullest. I’m so happy that you recognize the
    great support available here. It’s the secret weapon that we all share, regardless of where we are on the journey.
    These challenges are so powerful, because of the combination of new members, those well on the road to
    success, and those of us who are well into maintenance. Your bright spirit and honesty are a joy to see 🙂
    Please keep on sharing..you inspire us all!

Allie

• posted by Mariet
    on

Good afternoon everyone! Delighted to read about so many good results and wonderful headspaces. It sounds as if many of you are very well poised for success.
    I’m NOT in such a good place despite largely being very compliant with the WOE. I did have a blowout on Friday night that involved both alcohol and potato wedges but not an enormous amount and it was followed by a 24hour fast. I thought the 1kg increase was a harsh judgement by my body and confidently expected it to disappear over the next day or two. Unfortunately ANOTHER half kilo has gone on since then although I have been strictly low carb. So I am now 2kg above my target of last March and a kilo above my upper limit. And my daughter’s wedding is 2 weeks away.
    How much do you reckon stress impacts on weight gain? I’m feeling a constant knot of tension in my stomach that won’t go away until the wedding details are all settled- Sally wants a veil and doesn’t like any that are in the price range she’s willing to pay so she has decided that the best course of action is for me to make her a veil. I’ve looked at tutorials and it doesn’t look too difficult but what if I screw it up?
    In addition I am not being replaced at work while I’m gone and there is some software integration testing that will have to happen while I’m gone and trying to find someone willing to do it on top of their own work is another tension. There will be hell to pay if the testing is held up because I’m not there but what can I do? It should have been finished four weeks ago but the IT department has over run its tasks. Sigh.
    Sorry for going on abut stuff that’s not diet related but I am wondering if this is why my weight seems to be going up even though I’m sticking to the WOE. Has anyone else found that stress causes this kind of result?

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Mariet sorry to hear you are under so much stress at the moment! I’m sending you a virtual hug first up x
    Stress can certainly play a part in weight gain. It’s to do with cortisol I think. Stress causes raised cortisol which in turn impacts on blood sugar.
    Regarding your daughters veil – if my daughter asked me to make one I’d be offering to buy her one instead! Mainly because I’m a woeful seamstress! Is this an option? Or perhaps she could contribute some of the cost? I’m sure she wouldn’t want you to feel stressed coming up to her wedding.
    And with Work – can the IT section assist you with finding someone to do the testing? Especially as they are the cause of the delay. I feel for you – once I had to delay surgery by a few months because I couldn’t take the time off work due to new software implementation.
    Take care of yourself during this stressful time x

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hi everyone

I hardly get to post but read all your posts via email with interest – and am cheering your successes and commiserating with your frustrations. What a lovely friendly thread this is. Well done to all!

Mariet I do hope that you can work through your various situations: I think stress does make a difference to weight. But more than anything I hope that you can find a way to feel more relaxed and really enjoy the wedding. ClarinetCathy well done on picking up the pace as your son’s wedding approaches too. So many other posts too – just take a hello and either a well done or KOKO from me! A particular shout out to the couple of teachers on here (one soon-to-be ex-teacher as I recall!) as I am also one such 🙂 Also to those in the UK – I had never heard of hump day either btw 😉

I’m feeling a bit dispirited as I now no longer know what I weigh! Have started going to the gym more often to prepare for a charity fitness event at school (so that’s got to be good I guess). But when I weighed myself there yesterday the scales showed a few pounds more than my scales at home. I have long suspected those scales of being dodgy, though maybe the gym ones are too! On the one hand it’s not a major concern as I have lost a lot of weight whatever the actual numbers are, and am down 3 dress sizes. But I’d kind of like to know (though I’ll be VERY frustrated if my real weight is still over 10 stone).

I’m also not being as strict with myself as I wanted to be when joining this challenge. So a bit all over the place basically :@ I have a hen party and two family lunches over the next few days so my plan is to enjoy those, buy some new reliable digital scales that actually work, and get back on the wagon as from Monday. I will rejoin you then and hope to begin posting some really positive improvements very soon.

Good luck everyone!

Please log in or register to post a reply.