'Weigh in' thread

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

KrysiaD.
    My original target was 9.7. Then 9 stone (meaning 7 stone or 98 pounds lost). Then to lose another 2 pounds to reach the 100 pound point.

Now working to keep there.

Strange to think it’s all happened since last December. From clothes with a number of x in the size (or at least a 24)to a 10/12 or small. In less than a year. It’s taken a while but I’m getting used to the new body and getting comfortable in it. Almost like it’s always been me. But it has – just coated in a larger body!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Captainlynne – it is an amazing journey and I am sure you never realized just how successful you would be when you first started.

Do you still look in the mirror and marvel at how slim you have become? My brain still can’t accept that it is really me in the mirror and it is so strange to see my really slim waist.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Well done all weigh in losers or maintainers!
    CAPTAINLYNNE! YOU Must just pinch yrself sometimes!
    Like KRYSIA said,you probably had no idea how successful you were going to be! Yes an amazing journey indeed! Magical really!
    How was Italy? Sorry if youve written about it somewhere,but ihavent come across it. Hope you had a wonderful time x
    I lost another four pounds over the last 8 days! Now hit 4 stone off in 19 1/2 weeks..and roughly ten inches off waist,ten off hips. It could be more, only have a vague idea what they were at the start.
    so pleased!…i only aim to lose another half stone now..will still be plumpscious but i dont care at age 67. I’ m starting to feel comfy and all my clothes fit now.
    ..i think ive got six weeks til end of the year,so i shd be able to lose that half stone. Will be wonderful starting the new year much much happier with myself. Will continue to lose in 2017 coz will stay low carb,but i wont be watching the scales so carefully!

• posted by Trish45D
    on

Quick post to update my End of Week 6 progress – Wow, 6 weeks! πŸ™‚

Loss this week 850 grams.
    Starting weight: 64.60 kg
    Current weight: 59.85 kg
    Difference: 4.75 kg or 10.5lbs <- Wow! πŸ™‚

I am now only about 1.5 kg from healthy BMI so want to really push for that by the end of my Fast 8 Weeks.

Congrats to everyone with your weight loss, and generally improving your health. This thing really works.

• posted by devil5care
    on

-In 7 weeks I have lost exactly 30 lbs!
    -My blood sugar went from fasting 118 to 85 . A1C of 5.2 (and that was testing a time frame that included before I started this eating plan).
    -Cholesterol went from not so great to normal range across the board.
    -I am so happy with this plan. I’ve had ups an downs (plateaued week 2 and ate off plan for a total of 5 non consecutive days – way off plan and way too much, so there have been gains as well as losses).
    -Trying to keep it under 800 calories a day (though sometimes it goes a tiny bit higher) and roughly 60 net carbs or lower if I can. This plus intermittent fasting 19/5, but I do have 1 coffee with some cashew milk during the day.
    -I hope to continue on because I have lots and lots of weight to lose, but week 8 will be off plan as I’m going out of town and it’s Thanksgiving here soon, but have every intention of doing Round 2 starting week 9.
    -Good luck everyone! This eating plan has been the best gift and thanks to Dr Mosley and the encouragement of this forum (I mostly lurk, but I come to read a lot).

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

Morning all

It’s Monday weigh in again I think it’s coming around quicker these days

Am pleased to report that I’ve completed week 25 and lost 3 more pounds which makes 74 in total. As you know I’m trying to hit OW BMI by Jan 10 and my knee replacement surgery and that’s 16 pounds to go in 7 more weeks. When I started on this target it didn’t seem possible but just maybe I’ll make it or as near as damn it if I don’t let Xmas entertaining mess things up.

A big thank you to my BSD mates for all your support couldn’t do it without youxxxxx

• posted by Sumo
    on

Had a 2 week wobble finished the 8 weeks and intended to continue, but have been a bit lax, had a good wow moment over the weekend and saw a programme β€œthis time next year” which have re-focused me.
    My wow was I came across 5 pairs of trousers, mix of Jeans, Cargo and work all did not fit me a year ago, now they do with some wiggle room that gave me a big wow moment and made me re think why I had started this, now back on the waggon, good thing is my weight went up to 23st 3lb and stayed there, this morning 23st 2lb going in the right direction again.

It has not helped living with 2 non-believers, my wife still thinks I am still 25st/26st, she could not believe when I was properly on the plan that I could eat so much and be losing weight so she has assumed wrongly I am not a loser, only 2 people have noticed my 3 stone lose this year my mother-in-law and my Daughter-in-law

• posted by Avila
    on

Spam reported

• posted by Avila
    on

Sumo – great achievements, sorry you live with ‘un-believers’ does your wife not believe the scales?

I think that those who see us everyday (including ourselves) get accustomed to the slight change day by day and can forget the big difference from the start. I had to go back to the before photos and a now to see the full effect myself.

I live alone (dog doesn’t comment much) but hear about the various challenges people have with family members who still have the temptations in the house etc. But to have people at home doubting all the effort you are making – it makes all your achievements even greater. And you will continue to lose, and they will not be able to deny it.

• posted by Sumo
    on

Avila

Thanks my wife saw my weight when I started and as she is a nonbeliever, I have not shown her my loss since, hence seeing me regular she has not noticed. Strange really my wife is the diabetic not me?

Yes they have all the bad stuff in the house Cakes, Chocolate, bread, sweets etc. I have to just use will power to not eat, my main carb input is brown rice, they have a meal with any carbs I have brown rice, I think I read it in the BSD Book that 70gramm brown rice is low in Cals and Carbs

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Isn’t brown rice about 70% carb? 70g is doable on BSD but takes up a good chunk of your carb allowance if you are trying to keep daily carb input to, say, below 50g.

• posted by Sumo
    on

I tend to have 2 table spoons of Asda Basmati brown rice about 60g according to MyFitnessPlan site that is 71 Cals and 13 Carbs, so not that bad as my main Carb intake.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Just wanted to post my week’s loss – only 1.4lb, but I’ll take it! Still have 0.8lb to lose to get back to my pre-hols weight, but not stressing too much. Still hoping to drop a couple more pounds before Christmas and aiming to be sub-9st by April next year (6lb to go).

Hope everyone else is seeing positive results this week too.

• posted by lmp98
    on

Hey gang πŸ™‚
    I allowed myself to have a weekend off as friends were coming to stay and it’s been 3 months on plan so I treated myself to everything carby and naughty. Don’t get me wrong it was delicious, but it made me realised I don’t really like eating that way any more – definitely not with every meal. It made me feel so heavy (I’ve put on 2.5lb over the weekend!) and actually quite sluggish, I’ve got so much more energy without carbs. I fasted today until dinner and had mackerel salad and felt absolutely fine. My target was to get down to 11.2 by the end of November, and at the moment I’m a little way off schedule so I’m hoping this carb-shock will kickstart everything again!

Lots of well done to all the losers, Sunny, Sumo and Angie to name a few in particular.

Sumo keep up the good work – despite the lack of support which makes me feel a bit sad. It’ll be such an achievement and imagine how proud of yourself you’ll be when you get down even lower & into the next stone (or below 20st!).
    We’re all rooting for you and proud of you xx

• posted by fiikrcgad
    on

4 weeks in and I have lost nearly 5kg (11lbs)
    Starting weight was 57kg (125lbs). Feeling more alive than ever!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

My weight loss for this week is 1.5 lbs. Total weight loss – 16.5 lbs. Not great but I don’t have a lot to lose and I gained 5 lbs on a 2 week holiday so just managed to get that off. My great achievement is that my BG is regularly running at under 5.0 and I will be getting my HBA1c done on Monday.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Great to see so many good results being posted – well done everyone. Time is ticking down to the Festive Season, so let’s all give this one really good push through to then and see what we can achieve. Good luck everyone!

• posted by lmp98
    on

Hi all, just a quick check in.
    After my carb-shock naughty weekend I’ve managed to lose the gained weight and get down to my new lowest (11st 6.8). Weird how it sometimes goes like that!
    Am pleased but have got something every weekend between now and Xmas so am going to make good choices as much as possible, and will have to work extra hard midweek to counteract any slip-ups.
    Game face on!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Another pound gone, so now weigh 8 st 9 lbs. total loss 103 pounds.

The lightest I’ve been in my adult life was 8.7 – when I’d been ill! Mmmm … wonder if I’ll see that figure again this time?

• posted by Trish45D
    on

End of week 7 (Yay! Almost there! )

Start weight: 64.60 kg (Saturday weigh in)
    Current weight: 59.15 kg (Monday weigh in)
    Height: 5′ 0″
    Loss this week: 700 grams

Total loss so far: 5.45kg (12lbs)

I am now only a tad over-weight… if you go in for BMI. I love this ‘diet’ this is my new lifestyle, baby! πŸ™‚ It works!!!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

So pleased for you TRISH ..here comes week 8 and yr winning post is in sight!
    Well done on losing 12 lb…theres no feeling quite as good as this is there! X
    And well done too IMP! it gets teicky this time of year but you can do it!
    CAPTAINLYNNE! You are still onwards and downwards..you are amazing! X

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

Morning all

Here goes Monday again and my regular weigh in. It’s week 26 completed that’s a whole six months even I’m a little 😳 shocked! I’ve lost another 2 pounds this week making a total of 76 which I’m absolutely delighted with as I’ve been taking seriously high dose steroids for the past 10 days following my eye surgery and you know what those damn drugs do to your weight. One more stone and I’ll be overweight ha that’s my goal for January 2017 and then on to the unknown land or a normal BMI after that,

I was asking about losing my ability to instinctively know where my weight is at and I think it may have been the combination of the steroids and a bit of a shock reaction to the surgery – I looked rough afterwards despite it being the least intrusive of all the eye ops I’ve had over the past two years and the great care of the surgical team. Hmm so am a little nervous about how I will react to the much bigger knee replacement in January despite feeling the best I’ve felt in years.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Ashamed to say things got rather iffy at the w/e, while we had friends staying and as a consequence I am only showing a pound down for the week. Really need to get serious if I’m going to show any real results before the Festive Season.

Well done everyone who have shown positive results and good luck for the coming week.

• posted by Peapod
    on

Weigh in day for me. Feeling low as have gained a pound. I had 3 glasses of wine st the weekend and some extra calories ( not carbs ) as had visitors staying but have been on track since then. Also been taking antibiotics this week so hoping that is the cause. Had wanted to reach my first stone lost but have gone backwards instead.

• posted by big ned
    on

Today is the end of week 8, total weight loss is 16.8kg or 37lb. Was hoping for a bit more, but so far so good, averaging just over 4lb a week, and have done no exercise due to being semi parylyzed from the chest down. I won’t know my blood sugar details until late January/early February when I’ve been told by my GP I’ll be tested. That’s my biggest concern, I want to stop being type 2 diabetic if at all possible, and that means sticking this out long term I guess, which is O.K. with me.

Total loss so far of 4″ off my waist which is nice! Phase II week 1 starts as of today, yonder he goes!

• posted by Snoop
    on

Wow, Big Ned! Congratulations. That’s an amazing loss. What are you doing for Phase II. Carrying on or swapping to 5-2 or some other strategy?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey Smaller Ned, what great results! Well done you – keep at it and you’ll achieve your goals I’m sure.

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Wow Ned – Great numbers. Seems like this really works for you.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Still maintaining at 8st 9lbs, with a couple of days down to 8st 8lbs.

Plans already in place for Christmas.

• posted by lmp98
    on

Hi all, I had a bit of an epiphany today and I hope you don’t mind me sharing.

I’ve had a very busy last 3 months with a social event every weekend, at which I’ve been good or bad by varying degrees! This means I’ve given myself the extra hurdle each week of dealing with any weekend gain before I can continue to lose.
    This month I would’ve lost over 1/2st if I take into account the gained lb I’ve then had to lose, instead of taking a month to lose just 2lb!!!

In fact if I take into account all the lb I’ve put on when I’ve been naughty at weekends then I’d have lost an extra 23.5lb – in other words twice as much.

I’d have lost 43lb by now and would be at target. 😳

BUT it’s been important to enjoy life along the way too though. Ive got to be able to maintain this, unlike with diets I’ve done previously.

Basically I’ve been eating ‘normally’ (i.e. following BSD guidelines but not sticking strictly to 800cals) as if I’m not on a diet and certainly haven’t been counting calories or restricting myself that much so, taking all that into account:
    I’m happy with the balance I’ve achieved. I’ve still lost 27lb (and yesterday my other half’s family noticed! πŸ˜„)

I could’ve lost weight quicker, but this way I’ve realised I don’t miss out on stuff and still lose weight πŸ™‚
    This isn’t a diet, it’s my way of life now.

Onwards and downwards – even if there are bumps in the road along the way. Xxx

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Hi Imp98,
    Actually, your approach sounds a lot like mine – I never counted the calories, just stuck to the principles, etc. Like you, I experienced some gains which had to be lost (i.e. losing the same weight twice) – I’ve lost around 30lbs from my start weight & probably could have lost more. Currently, I’m struggling with the cold weather having lost my protective insulating layer this year and feeling the need to eat more so I’m certainly not losing at the moment! But I do seem to be holding my own with no drastic weight gain, I’m doing just enough to keep things on an even keel. With Christmas, and then my birthday, coming along soon I’m not seriously expecting a smooth ride to my ultimate target (it seems like I’ve been trying to lose the last 9lbs or so for several months!) – I am aiming for a “reboot” in mid-January.
    So I guess the message from your post (and this one) is that if you are struggling on the 800/day regimen, or the 5:2, there is another (albeit slower) way to lose weight. Just do whichever feels right for you.
    Good luck everyone.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I gained .8 pounds over the Thanksgiving long weekend despite holding to the diet with one single expection: my mother’s unparalleled mashed potatoes. I had two scoops of them, but otherwise cleaved to BSD eating, even when we went out, from Wednesday to Sunday of last week. I’m sure I was over 800 calories at times (it’s hard to calculate when you’re not doing the cooking) but not much. Nonetheless, I put on that .8 pound and I’ve been unable to move it all week.

Yesterday I was depressed about this lingering plateau so decided to treat myself to a sirloin steak with blue cheese butter. I had less than 250 calories for lunch so I left myself room for 5 oz of steak, butter basted no less, with .7 oz of the blue cheese butter on top. For a side I had some steamed baby spinach. It was delicious, decadent even, and deeply satisying. Total carbs for the day, 2, neither of them sugar. Probably my lowest carb day ever.

This morning I lost .9 pounds putting me .1 pounds below my pre-Thanksgiving weight. It’s a steak and blue cheese miracle!

• posted by Trish45D
    on

End of week 8 for me!

Total loss of 6.2 kilos for the 8 weeks! That is almost 10% of my starting weight. I hit healthy BMI as well this week! πŸ™‚

I have also noticed a big change in the appearance of my waist/hips area, not only smaller of course but just different in a good way. So, hopefully I have rid myself of some of that visceral fat. πŸ™‚

I am not stopping the BSD way of life, but will try to increase my calories very, very slowly until I reach 1200 a day. My aim is to lose a further 6 kilos and hit the middle of my BMI. I am well aware that Christmas/New Year might throw up some challenges, so I am not rushing to increase my calories before then. I’ll sit around 1200 calories until I hit my goal and then slowly increase again to my TDEE which by then will only be 1500 calories… Oh, well, the joys of being short! πŸ™‚

Congrats to everyone sticking with it, keep on losing and I’ll drop by every now and then to post my own updates. Hopefully good ones!

• posted by Inka13
    on

Imp98 thank you, they were very wise words and have helped me enormously to put this wobbly day behind me and not beat myself up too much for it! What a good way to look at things and being sensible about still enjoying life will definitely lead to long term success!
    I’ve been following the same up and down pattern but am loving this way of eating. 27 ponds is a huge loss so congratulations!

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

Week 27 completed and 80 pounds lost in total hurray I love round numbers that takes me down to 200 pounds exactly. So 10 more pounds to go and I will hit the first mega goal of being overweight not obese. Five more weeks to my operation so I might do it if I keep on keeping on! I’m not sure how I lost 4 pounds this week but I’ll take it. I had a couple of meals out and chose as wisely as I could if confit duck with braised lentils counts as such but it was a cold day and was yummy.

I have 4 social outings this coming week based around food but will aim to choose wisely off the menu and cross my fingers!

So can you hear me shouting from the rooftops that I weigh the least I have weighed in over 15 yearsπŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€?

• posted by NickyH43
    on

Angiebaby – that is bloody fantastic!! Well done you.
    I have 75lbs to go to my self imposed target and am only in week 5. Have lost 20lbs so far so really hope to be where you are in 22 weeks time. Congratulations, so inspiring.
    Nicky x

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

Thank you Nicky

I just keep plodding on! Then it’s 1 pound here 2 pounds there and the odd plateau or bonus. Just keep going I went from overweight to seriously obese when on high dose steroids for 3 years and ended up with Cushings so it is extra special to be on a low dose and to feel so well. I do find after all this time at home I’m in the zone though eating out still freaks me out a bit but I’m trying to overcome that with planning etc.

Wishing you lots of luck and inner motivation. Funnily though when I say 80 pounds out loud it seems like it has happened to someone else. I guess my mind needs to catch up with my body. 43 pounds to go by the way I think that will take me the whole 52 weeks particularly as I’m having the knee replacement in January

• posted by Busybee
    on

Angiebane, I know just how you feel when the steroid dose is reduced. I am now down to 2 mgs and feel back to normal. You have done so well and I too will just keep plodding on.
    X B

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

2mg is amazing well done you! Your PMR must be calming down – what a horrid illness.

I’m still on 7mg my adrenals just aren’t waking up very well I get to 6.5 and feel terrible. I’ve had a lot of eye surgery and each time have a three week high dose of 40/30/20 Now I’m having the TKR in January so will not try reducing again until that is behind me. My GP is great and more interested in me feeling well than pushing downwards now I am at 7 where the side effects are so reduced but I’d love to be on 5 or below.

Keep on with the BSD it works even on the steroids

Good luck

• posted by Busybee
    on

Oh, Angiebabe what a bad time you are having? You are so stoic to cope with all that and lose so much weight – It makes me more determined to carry on.
    X B

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

Ah thanks BB

I think because I feel so well on the diet it spurs me on to tackle other health issues. I didn’t have much choice with all the eye surgery other than losing my sight but I suppose I could have postponed the TKR but I think it would have got worse. I have the best glaucoma team in the πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ I reckon, they give me confidence and treat me with great kindness so I won’t have a word said against that part of the NHS. I’m also fortunate in being able to choose my knee surgeon and that makes a big difference. Meanwhile my lads have both left home (at the moment) so if I’m gonna do it now is the time. Not looking forward to the knee job though if truth be told but with physio etc am trying to get myself in the best shape possible before the big day. My current worry is that it might kickstart the PMR again but I guess I’m looking for things to worry about – I just don’t want to go backwards which I’m sure you understand.

Thanks for your interest it does help to know there are OPs out there!

• posted by Jande9
    on

I am just starting week 6, so 3 to go.

Starting weight 196.5, Fasting blood glucose 6.5, waist 40.1″

End week 5 weight 178.2, Fasting blood glucose 5.3, waist 38.5

My wife watches diet programs on the BBC all time, which is annoying because she is 5’6″ and 110 pounds, and she got me started on this. I am very pleased with how well it is working.

I expect I will get back the water weight I lost on week 1 when I up my calorie intake to a maintenance level, so I would like to touch 165 pounds and then maintain an average weight of around 173 permanently.

Jan

• posted by lmp98
    on

Thanks Inka, glad to be of service πŸ™‚

I’ve shifted another lb so have officially lost 2 stone and am down to 11st 5.
    Happy that I’m still losing πŸ™‚

Well done to all in the gang, let’s just keep on keeping as the ever inspirational CaptainLynne would say! X

• posted by Cary
    on

Week 9 and 3 days into the 800BSD.
    43 lbs lost (19.6kg) and feeling great !
    43% of my ultimate goal.
    Captainlynn = hero !

• posted by Rosebery
    on

Is it ok to join in the weigh-in? I started at 176lb and this morning am 160lb. I think that means I have lost 9% of my body weight since starting. This is the beginning of the 6th week. Yesterday I found that I could fit into and do up every item in my wardrobe – some I wouldn’t wear in public yet but they are not far off. I also had to buy a pair of size 14 trousers yesterday as all my 16s were sliding off. I am 5 ft 3 in and my target weight is I think 133 lb, about half a stone into the normal BMI range. My Omron scales are now measuring my visceral fat as 10 instead of 11 which is where it started – I know they are not really that accurate but at least it’s a downwards trend.

Really happy to have found this way of eating and hoping to keep at it this time!

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

Hi Team

Weigh in Monday and one pound lost this week and happy with that following my four pound loss last week. But the big news of the day is that I now weigh under 200 pounds and have hit the magic 199! Going lower than I’ve done in years so every week is a bonus. Also am somewhat relieved as this week was my marathon of Christmas eating celebrations it turned out to be five in all so although I stuck to BSD principle the calories were definitely up.

Am looking forward to a quieter time mealwise with relief until Saturday but since we are hosting I have the power!

Finally am a very excited mum today as my son arrives from the USA for Christmas today! I wonder if he will notice a difference from August – he is a man after all so it could go either way!

• posted by Busybee
    on

Angiebabe, we sound very similar! Early December is also a marathon for me with lots of family birthday celebrations which usually ends up with a large weight gain prior to Christmas. This week I lost another pound which is 1.5 stone off since I started in October. (I also think the reduction in steroids has helped!)
    Also, my son and his family arrive next weekend from USA for two weeks and I can’t wait to see them and give our two little ones a big hug.
    This year let’s try to enjoy the time with our family rather than the excesses of food and drink
    X B

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

B that is a coincidence. I am so excited this morning his plane is slightly delayed I just can’t wait to see him.

I like your comment about enjoying people rather than food I’ve been trying to do that and not miss out and had a major win joining friends for Xmas afternoon tea and just drinking mint tea and avoiding the spread. To be honest it was lovely to look at but they were quite uncomfortably stuffed by the end I was glad I did.

• posted by Sumo
    on

Not posted for a while, first I went with Grandchild to Lapland UK.

Then I became ill with a chest infection, plus side I did not gain any weight in the last few weeks down side did not lose any. Now back at work and hopefully back on track

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Well done losers!
    ANGIEBABY Hope you now happily reunited with DS and family! How exciting! X
    Ive just got weighed at my DDs house..lost three more lbs this week,so a total of four stone and five pounds ( 61 pounds) in 22 weeks ..a very happy bunny indeed x

Please log in or register to post a reply.