'Weigh in' thread

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

Thank you yes 3hours delay on flight but all safe and sound. Am presently in mummy heaven – they never stop being your babies! Xx

• posted by Natalie
    on

Yowser that is an amazing loss! Well done.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks NATALIE x… and ANGIEBABE you are right,they are always our babies no matter how old they are xx

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Wowzer Yowzer!

Great results – right to be chuffed.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Yowzer, a what a result! All the successes that see to be happening almost daily make me determined to succeed too.
    Angiebabe, I’m so glad your family arrived safe and sound. Those lucky folk who have their family living close by can’t know how precious and exciting it is when we do see our children and grandchildren. We are counting sleeps to next Monday when our family arrives!
    Enjoy it all! X B

• posted by captainlynne
    on

A sneaky weigh (well, my daily weigh) shows 8st 7lb. That’s 7.5 stone or 105 pounds off. Also equal to my lowest ever adult weight. And that was some 20 or 30 years ago after a period of ill health, unlike today when I’m eating well and feel great.

*off to continue happy dance*

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Starting weight 80.9 kg, today weigh in at 72.6 kg = total loss of just under 9 kgs or 18.5 lbs. Not massive but BG going down and down, insulin going down and down. Diabetes slowly going.

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

Ouch! Put on a pound this week first one in 7 months but it was down to Xmas celebrations so a lesson learnt. Mainly due to too many nuts have previously avoided all nibbles so must go back to that as they are addictive, the crunch and the salt I think. But mustn’t beat myself up as a pound increase after a marathon five food based celebrations in one week could be a lot worse. I’m back on the sleigh!!

• posted by Sumo
    on

Well done to all those that maintained being losers, Capt Lynne you will fade away if you don’t watch yourself.
    Not a fantastic end to 2016 I was ill end of Nov through to almost Xmas with a chest infection and just let things slip, I have gained a whopping 14lb but I resolve that this is the lightest I have been at the New Year point in many years, now today I start the 8 weeks program again.

My starting was 26s 1lb now 24s 1lb but now I feel so bloated; hopefully a bit of fluid retention, once eased should relieve the bloating?

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Sumo.

*the door opens but no one is thee* 😀LOL

My boss said last year I’d not need to open the door soon, I could get through he gap!

Seriously though – I seem to be maintaining at 8st 7lb. If I lost another few pounds I’d not worry. But, if I got below 8 stone I would – even though I’d still be in my healthy BMI.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

CAPTAINLYNNE you’ll be able to look thru keyholes with both eyes at same time!
    SUMO hope youre feeling better ,such bad luck to get that chest infection,best of luck with new 8 wk plan x!

• posted by MrsTLC13
    on

I thought I’d add my day 1 starting weight…. a bit of motivation to keep me focused.
    Currently 150lb- 30lb ish from my 1st target weight (I’m only 5ft)

• posted by TumtumP
    on

First Weigh In
    Week 2 day 2 and I’ve lost 12.3 lbs (5.5kg) and 5.5″ off my waist.
    Ecstatic is an understatement. WOW! That takes me over half way to my waist target and nearly a quarter to my weight loss. Happy happy day 😊

• posted by Sumo
    on

TP
    Well done, keep up the good work. This eating plan can have fantastic results in the first few weeks, those that have stayed with it for months have had phenomenal results, so all is possible

Just wish the temptations of life would leave me alone?

on

Back on the diet since last Wednesday and have lost 4lbs. I have a goal of 11.5 lbs before I go on my next holiday at Easter so onwards and downwards.

• posted by Libbyohno
    on

I thought I would join the weigh in thread 🙂

Starting weight Monday 2nd Jan: 15 st 10.1 lbs
    1st Weight In 9th January: 15 st 6.1 lbs
    2nd Weigh In 11th January: 15 st 3.5 lbs

I promised myself I would weigh once a week but i get so excited getting on the scales and the number being lower than i was the day before – even if is by just 1lbs!! 🙂

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh well done TUMTUM,SUNSHINE and LIBBY
    What a fab way to start the year! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• posted by Beatthebelly
    on

I started on Jan 2nd and have lost 10lbs so far. Really pleased with this,.
    I’m eating between 800 to 1000 cals per day and going to the gym 4-5 times a week which I assume is helping on those days when I eat over 800.
    I need to lose another 3.5 stones to be within a healthy BMI – any idea on how much I will lose in the 8 week period? Thanks

• posted by Beatthebelly
    on

Well done! I have exactly the same starting weight and losses as you! How much do you think you will lose in the 8wwks?

• posted by shopgirl0423
    on

Hi,
    I thought I’d share the results of my first week on the diet. Down 3.4 kilos or 7.5 pounds in 6 days. Feeling pretty chuffed that it is working so well. Got another 13 kilos to go and feeling strangely confident. 😊
    Have a great day everyone!

• posted by LindaA
    on

Beatthebelly
    I think most people lose around 10% in the first 8 weeks. I lost a bit more, but I was pretty hard line and didn’t cheat, walked everyday, drank heaps of water and got as much sleep as I could.
    Depending on how much you have to lose will also impact on how fast you lose it.
    Good luck
    Linda

• posted by Sarah306
    on

Hi shopgirl0423

Just wanted to say well done with your first weigh in. I too have just completed mine and lost 6.6lbs in my first week. Which really does feel great. I need to lose a similar amount of weight to you so wanted to wish you well. I have never been part of one of these forum approaches but reading similar stories and peoples ideas is really motivational and I am sure willhelp spur me on to stay with it and finally get to where I want to be. I have never done the BSD before but it really suits me so far, with the exception of I am not sleeping well.

Is there anyone out there that can suggest a herbal type of remedy that would help sleep?

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Exactly 2 weeks in on my second serious burst of BSD800 having lost lots last year over a 7 month period, but finding 7 kg crept back on in the latter few months of 2016. Life went a bit pear shaped and meds helped to increase the weight. However I’m now 5 kilos down in 2 weeks – being very strict with food and water intake as well as doing the #1000milechallenge. 44 miles so far, mix of walks and runs. Another 3 to get back to last year’s lowest weight and then I would like to lose another 6-9 kilos more. One day at a time…

• posted by happyvegan
    on

Hi
    Just done my first week weigh in and have lost 3.5kg (7.7lbs). I have struggled to lose anything for 6 years so very very happy today. Have had some tough spells but not anywhere near as bad as I thought it might be as a vegan and I’m really enjoying the food. Long way to go but not worried as this plan feels right to me.

Wishing everyone well in achieving their goals.

• posted by orchid
    on

Congratulations happyvegan! For me the first 2-3 weeks were the hardest, mainly working out what to eat and stopping snacking 🙁 . It will start getting easier by the week…..

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

I have done my first week weigh in this morning and have lost 4.5 lb. I must have done something right but am going to read the book again because I am not sure that I am doing the diet totally correctly but have been following the recipes in the books and have eaten no bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, sugar etc. I am a vegetarian so have eaten eggs, cottage cheese, nuts, lentils etc. Have limited fruit to berries with yoghurt at breakfast and a pear or an apple with my cottage cheese. I am enjoying this forum for tips and advice. Good luck everyone. Looking forward to week two. I am not going to try not weigh myself until next Sunday!

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi ClarinetCathy
    Well done on your first week’s weight loss.
    Aim to keep under 50g carbs per day and weigh and measure everything you eat and record it in a food app like MyFitnessPal. You would be surprised where carbs hide, especially apples and pears!
    Let us know how you get on.
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by New Kathy
    on

First week weigh in: 2.1 kg loss (4.6 lb) – happy as I had a big deviation on day 6 (niece’s 21st birthday party) and still lost.
    Powering into week 2 now. I am going to try out some BSD Recipe Book recipes this week.
    Reading the Forum posts helps to keep me motivated. Thank you everyone.

• posted by happyvegan
    on

Well done ClarinetCathy and NewKathy

I also find this forum so encouraging and inspiring. And that first week’s loss motivating isn’t it ?

• posted by happyvegan
    on

Hi Orchid
    Thanks and yes I agree working out what to eat takes some effort. I messed up yesterday when I had to make something without working it out first and overdid it on the lentils. It would have been fine if only I had looked up how much cooked lentils I could have as the rest of the dish was just low carb veggies, I’m very busy getting ready for trip back to the UK but I’ve learned my lesson as I couldn’t eat for the rest of the day !

Just want to tell you that I have found your postings to be really helpful. Before I started on the BSD 800, I read loads of them and have adopted many of your suggestions. Your story is inspirational and really made me believe that, at long last, this plan might just work for me too. Thank you for taking the time to help others like me.

• posted by happyitsworking
    on

Great job everyone on their first week weigh in.

I started on Jan.9 and just had my first week weigh in and am down 7.6 lbs. I had done just one week back in July and did good then but got off track with too many things going on. So I’m here to see how I do for a full 8 weeks. I did average about 945 calories and 52 carbs for the week.

• posted by donnyman
    on

Weigh day today and down another 1.7kg to 109.7kg down 35.2kg so far.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Lovely to see the newcomers enjoying good losses and whoosh moments!
    Hi there ORCHID and LINDA ! XX

• posted by happyvegan
    on

Had a dreadful second week – we both got a really severe flu and weren’t able to get out of bed for 5 days never mind fly back to the UK. Nausea was so strong I hardly ate anything until second half of the week then only tiny salads. I consoled myself that at least I should have had some good weight loss and yet on today’s weigh in I’ve lost only 0.2kg this week ! That was really hard to take and must admit I did get bad memories of all those other diets that work well for me in the first week but not after that. Don’t really think that will be the case with the BSD 800 but sure you know what I mean.

Sticking at it as now on normal food again and back on MFP to make sure I can keep a track on the food as I don’t want another result like that one.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sorry to read of you ills happyvegan – that result must have been hard to take. However if it helps at all, plateauing in week 2or 3 is very common on the BSD. I know it doesn’t make it any less frustrating, but you can hopefully take heart from know that the weight will start to drop again soon, if you stick with it.

Good luck at the next weigh-in.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

happyvegan

Really sorry to hear about your dreadful second week. Like you I would have been upset not to have seen a bigger weight loss. From what everybody is saying on this forum, this diet works! Keep focused and hopefully next week will be a rewarding week. I will look forward to reading about next weeks weigh in. I too weigh in on a Sunday.

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi happyvegan,
    Sorry to hear to were ill, especially so soon after getting started. As the others have said, don’t panic and keep going. I noticed many years ago that my weight varies day by day and some of that is fluid retention. As a result I weight myself daily when I am trying to loose weight – I see the progress day by day and if weight in day is high, at least I know that my weight has been coming down, so don’t react so badly to it.
    Like you, I would have expected to loose quite a bit having not eaten for few days, but your body could well be holding onto fluids – it is a self-regulating mechanism and will try to keep fluids and salts if it thinks you need them – and if you are ill – you will need them.
    Give it a couple of days and weight yourself again. Hopefully you will find it is ok. As others mentioned – most of us hit a plateau at some time in the 8 weeks, mine was towards the end, but many others had it in the earlier period.
    Good luck and I hope you are now feeling better!

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi Yowzer49 – how are you getting on?

• posted by Mayroko
    on

Hi everyone congrats on ask the weightloss!! Incredible! Im a bit discouraged i started last Monday and in one week only lost 1.8kg…. and I’ve been super strict only 800 calories per day, walked 3x and been driving water. .. is this at all normal? I feel i should lose more on first week like everyone else! Thx 🙂

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Mayroko
    Firstly, stop comparing – your success is your success and should be celebrated!

We all lose at differing rates and sadly, some of us lose much more slowly than others – I’m one of those too. However, this is by far the most successful eating plan I have ever tried. Have been on the plan for almost a year, with two long maintenance periods along the way and where I would normally have lumped huge amounts back on, I gained just a kilo each time. Overall I have lost approx. ten kilo and am on the last push to drop the last 3.5kilo.

Stick with it, it will come right. Watch your carb intake as well as monitoring the calories. Stay positive and celebrate your losses, no matter what they might be.

on

I only lost 3.5 lbs in week one so you have done a little better than me. It depends on lots of things, your start weight, body make up etc. Also you may have lost visceral fat around the organs which weighs less than white fat (the blubber we all have). Did you take measurements before you started. Even though I only lost 3.5 lbs I lost 6″ from my waist. Funny thing it has stuck there, I have lost more weight but no more waist inches but then the inches started to come off the bust and the stomach. We are all different, it will happen. I can tell you that one person who lost 11lbs in week one actually had over 100 lbs to lose.

Keep on keeping on… The plan works if you stay with it.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Like you, sunshine-girl, I saw an initial improvement in my waist measurement and now it seems to have stopped, but I’m shrinking in other places. I’m hoping doing some toning exercise might help to cinch in the waist a little more. As long as the weight continues to head in the right direction I’m happy.

The weight will fall if you keep to the plan Mayroko, so don’t be disheartened. Stay positive and press on.

on

Just managed to lose the 4.5 lbs I gained over the holiday. Now weigh 73kg or 11.6 and 3/4 lbs. See you all next Tuesday. Keep on keeping on…

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hello everyone xxsorry i havent been online much so far this year
    Too much to read back on but sending positive vibes to all BSDers old and new for a fab 2017
    Well we have January behind us now,so onwards and downwards,the year is well under way!
    So far this year i have lost 8 1/4 lbs..dont forget the quarter haha! I’ m still keeping to 50g carbs but slightly higher calories than 800…average of about 950-1050 a day
    Week 30 of BSD started today for me…so far,have lost five stones and 3 1/4 lbs..xxx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome back Yowser – good work on the 8 and a quarter pound loss so far this year. Hope you continue to make losses and will be posting from time to time to let use know how it’s going.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks SUNNY x
    Good to hear youre still shrinking too! 🙂 we’re all vanishing slowly but surely! Heehee! X

• posted by happyitsworking
    on

Yowzer49: Wow you have done such a great job following the BSD. You must be close to your goal weight by now.

• posted by big ned
    on

Update since last post on 1st Dec. 2016.

Hello everyone,

Just reporting in with my progress since I started on the 6th of October last. I had a starting weight of 130.4 kgs (20.5 stone), and after my 1st phase of 8 weeks I had lost 16.8 kgs (37lb or 2.64 stones) for an all up weight of 113. 6 kgs (17.85 stones).

Last Thursday (26th January 2017) was the final day of ‘phase 2’ my 2nd stint of 8 weeks, and I was down to 104.5 kgs ( 16.42 stones) with a total loss over those 8 weeks of 9.1 kgs (20lbs). I was not as rigorous as the first 8 weeks, I sometimes drifted up to a 1000 cals on odd days, and started eating Ryvita and also a banana a day if I felt like it. I have yet to have my blood sugar levels tested as I’m a type 2 diabetic, but my BP is just over or below 120/80 which is amazing as before it was in the high 160’s-70’s over 90+ for several years prior.

Today was the end of the 1st week of ‘phase 3’ for me, and I have lost 0.6 kgs (1.32lbs), not brilliant, but on other weeks I can lose over 4lbs, so not too worried all in all, as over the entire diet so far I’m averaging around 1.5kgs (3.5lbs) a week. This has been done with no exercise at all really, as I’m partially paralysed from the chest down with a compressed spinal cord, so considering that I like to think it’s not too shabby!

Another point is that I live alone since the death of my partner in 2012 at the young age of 31, and my family are no longer in regular contact, so when it has come to encouragement it’s been down just to my own willpower really, but the diet is very easy for me to stick to even allowing for my little treats and changes I’ve allowed!

Start weight: = 130.4 kgs or 20.5 stones

Current weight after 17 weeks: = 103.9 kgs or 16.32 stones

Total loss over 17 weeks = 26.5 kgs or 58.3 lbs = 4 stones

Still keen, still trogging along, onwards and upwards, yonder he goes!

• posted by topcac
    on

Wow big ned – congratulations – that is a massive achievement – you should be extremely proud of yourself, it takes alot of grit and determination to achieve that kind of loss in 17 weeks…..hopefully you come on here often for support – we are always here if you need us

Big hugs

TC

• posted by Snoop
    on

Golly gosh, big ned. That’s an amazing result, especially given your personal circumstances. If you need some encouragement or support, there are lots of friendly folk on here more than happy to oblige. I’ve found this website a godsend.

Anyway, keep trogging on because whatever it is you’re doing, it’s working.

Best wishes and a big hug from me too.

Please log in or register to post a reply.