'Weigh in' thread

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Can someone tell me how to start a new topic please! I cant remember !πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hi Yowser

Go to the BSD main page and press the forum icon at the top of the page and choose the forums from the drop down menu then chose which category you’d like your topic to be under. You will see that you can browse all topics in that category or start a new topic. Hope this helps.

Cathy

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Yowzer welcome back!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thank you CATHY and VERANO XX!

• posted by happyitsworking
    on

I finally got back on track and lost 7 lbs. my first week.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Well done HAPPY! Its worth it isnt it when you see such good results
    Im trying to do a combo of low carb/ keto/alkaline/ fasting
    Doing ok but some days i look at my fat horrid lympho legs and think,why bother!
    Smaller i am above,the fatter my legs look.
    Hoping this helps improve lymphodaema,can only try! XXXX
    Ps went for a Β£5 cheapo lunch,steak and chips ( yes i ate them).. MIchael Mosley was due to appear at Philharmonic Hall next to the restaurant..it felt surreal..i was sitting eating amd MM was smiling and pointing at me! ( from the poster! )xx

on

Yowzer thanks, it’s so good to hear from you. Sorry to hear that you are still having problems with your legs. I wish there was something that could be done for them. Have you been able to keep all or most of your weight loss off?
    I have also been trying to get back into low carb, Keto and doing a 16-18 hour fast.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Good to hear from you too! X
    Have put a little back on but what makes me FEEL fatter is the tight made to measure heavy compression stockings i have to wear – from toes to waist! They sqqueeze any fat up round the waist so i always feel bunched up round the middle.some dAys i cant bear it and leave the stockings off.πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
    Deffo believe keto and fasting are the best ways to lose…keto coz puts you into fatburning mode and keeps you there ,and fasting coz of autophagy
    good luck and keep going!xx πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» thanks for bringing me back here!

on

How low are you keeping your carbs at? I’m trying to keep mine at 50 for now.
    I believe that this is what is best for me also because I have a brother who has dementia and my oldest sister died from Alzheimer’s 3 yrs ago when she was71. So that is always on my mind, and some say how going low carb and sugar can help to prevent it. Plus fasting.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

I lost all my weight on 50g perday for one year! So i kniw 50 works!πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» Looking back.i dont know how i managed to keep it up but somehow i did. These days,coz i do fall off the wagon and have cheat days,i tend to go lower than 50 on ” good” days! Around 30- 35 or lower if poss.
    I am terrified of getting dementia/ alzheimers etc and am hoping like you that low carb and fasting will help us avoid such things! XX
    I wonder if anyone has any news of CAPTAINLYNNE? XX

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Yowzer,
    My legs were very swollen, and all my initial rapid weight loss came from my legs. When you go sufficiently low carb your body releases the fluid it stores in the body.
    I was at around 30 to 35g of carbs a day when this process worked for me. One idea is to try the trick of sleeping with a pillow under your ankles to help your body drain the fluid out of your legs.
    There is a regular weekly thread where you will find lots of both experienced and newcomer posters. Look for the thread with 26th Feb in the title and why not join us.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi JGWEN,well done on 30-35 g carbs! good news re losing weight from your swollen legs πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
    I would be soooooo happy if that happened for me.
    I have lymphodaema tho,which is a faulty lymphatic system not doing its job properly,so you get swelling anywhere and everywhere,even in the face and neck!which doesnt go away πŸ™πŸ™ rather than water retention and bloating,πŸ™πŸ™
    Elevating the legs every day is important, and following low carb,keto,fasting regimes,plus daily massage,exercise, and wearing the monstrous stockings( grrrrrr! Theyre hateful) It all helps,but sadly doesnt cure the condition. XX

Please log in or register to post a reply.