'Weigh in' thread

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

AH Thanks ..will look on there later. I feel a bit of a fraud on there now coz since becoming a BSDEr ive only done one fast in 8 months! But i still love chatting with the folks on there X

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi πŸ™‹Yowser

I’m back with avengense, how are you doing are you at target yet. I have so missed your funny quotes and funny things😁

Jan πŸ™‹πŸ™‹πŸ™‹

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

JAN !!!! So good to see you,ive missed you!
    Glad to know you are in feisty mood and ready to Kick those Carbs to the Kerb!
    I’ m not at target yet,but am almost six stone down..isnt it disgraceful that after that big loss i still have anything left to lose?? 🐷🐷🐷🐷 Yet i still look like a sack of spuds…! Makes you realise,my carb Monsta had so much control for so very long!
    I want to lose another stone and then will accept that weight gracefully,as a lady of advancing yrs..i think if i lost any more than 7 stone i wd just collapse into a big heap of wrinkles like a burst balloon πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€” xx

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Ooh Yowser luvvy you are so funny, haven’t you done amazingly, you will be my inspiration for persistence, and the correct attitude. lol I have more than that to loose, about 7 stone ish, ooh I will be like a spring chick when that lot has gone.
    But I’m here now and I’m not stopping for nothing. Grrrrrrrr πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ™‹πŸ™‹πŸ™‹πŸ²πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€— so glad you are still doing well. How about Frog heard from her lately

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Persistence is key,JAN,andthe rain is persisting down here at the moment πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹
    I have got eyes,legs, and fingers crossed for you! Youve done it before and you can do it again πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
    No i havent heard from Frog or any of the Hello thread gang for a while. Hope everyone is ok xxxx

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I am now down to 72 kgs, so have lost 25lbs in total. Very slow but there have been ups and downs, a couple of plateaus and several holidays and I didn’t have masses to lose in the first place so happy with my loss. I am seeing my doctor this afternoon and he will be so happy to see my Hba1c is down to 5.4 from 8.2 so that was my aim, rather than the weight, so looking for a new goal over the next 3 month period before my next test. Got a couple of holidays to get out of the way but hoping to do lots of exercise during that time.

on

I am just reposting because I shouldn’t knock myself for losing ONLY 25lbs in 8 months. My doctor said losing weight whilst on insulin was difficult but possible. Well I have done it and only 3lbs to reach 2 stone loss. Not to be sniffed at.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

HAPPYITSWORKING,thanks for yr message,have left reply on FastdayXX
    SUNSHINE well done on beating the insulin and not letting the fact that w/ loss is difficult deter you! And 25 lb is a good old chunk of weight! Specially for folk who dont have stones n stones to lose ( like me) its all relative,
    Have a good weekend everyone x is anyone watching Scruffts? Such lovely dogs! Mixed up mixed breed dogs are just gorgeous!..well any dog is IMHO xx

• posted by happyitsworking
    on

Yowzer: thanks for your reply………..

on

weighing in at 72.4 kgs or 11 stone 5.5 lbs. and my next goal is 11 stone. Not in too much of a hurry just as long as my BG stays good. HbA1c last weeks was 5.4 and my daily fasting tests are running at around 4.odd. I am on 22 units of insulin and will be reducing over the next couple of weeks. Dont want to go too low as I have a holiday to look forward to over Easter. Bon chance mes amis.

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hi everyone, weighing in for week 4, 1.2kg down this week for a total of 6.5kg or 1 stone. Very pleased, also 3.5in from waist and more from other measurements. Now I’m revising my target ☺ I had planned to try for 68kg which would still be in the oversight but now thinking that a normal BMI might not be out of the question after all!

Congratulations and commiserations to all. This is a journey I am unexpectedly enjoying, I can’t imagine going back now ☺

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Calling by for first time in a while ( sorry) Need to play catch up
    Have lost 89 lbs now..i guess it will make sense to round it up to 100 lbs..but it will take awhile..forty weeks on and things have slowwwwwwed right down but now and again theres that little ” whoosh” moment on the scales!
    Happy weekend everyone x

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi Yowzer, nice to see you again. Are you still restricting calories? I started losing again when I upped mine, now about 115 pounds off. Wedding anniversary now in two days, and unless I have a sudden ‘reverse whoosh’ I have made it under target.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

HI MIXY! X happy wedding anniversary πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸ·πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰ and congrats on making it under target.
    That must feel soooooo good! What a fantastic loss,you should be v proud of yrself…πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½

Yep still restricting carbs to 50g a day and cals to anywhere between 800 – 1200 a day.
    Cant be as restrained as our fab role model and star pupil,LYNNE,who has stuck fast to 800 cals all this time! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️!
    The WHOOSH has to be one of the best feelings in the world doesnt it! X

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Yowser

Missed you luvvy, hows it going, it’s slowwwwww for me, 25 th time around heehe, bodies got complacent, but feeling much better. Are you still 800/50
    πŸ™‹πŸ˜ŠπŸŽ„

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Congrats Mixnmatch

Power to the BSD and your commitment, brilliant work.πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

on

Not really setting a target for total weight loss, just want to lose the 5lbs I put on over my holiday before I go off on another holiday. We are going on a cruise and everyone says I will come back much heavier but I wont be tempted by the all you can eat burger bar, pizza bar and fish and chips. I am hoping, as it is a good cruise company that I will be faced with lots of healthy snacks, fruits (in moderation), fresh veg and salads.

Anyway I have lost 3.75 lbs in the last few days so I am well on track to the 5lbs with just 1.25 lbs by Friday.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi GREENJACKET ! XX
    yes still doing 50 g carbs but having more cals these days..between 800-1200 per day
    Keeping going for another eleven weeks,then i’ ll have done a year BSD and hopefully have lost one hundred pounds! Had no treats at all but when i reach the year milestone,will start eating more at birthdays,easter,crimbo.
    To be honest tho,the only cravings i have now are for greek yog and nuts..have to be careful not to OD on them! In fact i would happily dive into a swimming pool of greek yog! hehe!
    Glad youre feeling better,keep on onwards and downwards – you can do it! Big hugs xx

• posted by Trish45D
    on

Start weight 17th April 2017 (2nd time around)
    68.30 kg or 150.5 lbs or 10.75 stones

Today’s weight 24th April 2017
    65.25 kg or 143.85 lbs or 10.25 stones

Loss of 3.1 kg or 6.8 lbs
    There was water/fluid weight in that but still that is a great result and very motivating. πŸ™‚

• posted by Pendiente
    on

Hope you don’t mind me joining?! I’m 4 weeks (tomorrow) in and have lost 19lb and 4 inches – delighted! And I’ve had 4 evenings when I’ve succumbed to the vino (two times were quite excessive too). However I don’t know if I’m just in the zone more but I find it easy not to stuff self with carbs the next morning when I was feeling a tad rough!

I was watching a couple of videos from the diet doctor which gave the top weight loss tricks – I think the top one was fasting and he recommended 16:8 to start and I’ve started doing that and it seems to have made a massive difference!

I’m so committed to this diet and so convinced by it I’ve got most of may family on it and some of my friends I just love love love it!

• posted by Pendiente
    on

Also the diet doctor said that exercise is the most over utilised tool for weight loss – and you can go to the gym to workout and lose 5-600 calories and 1 chocolate bar or sandwich can contain that many calories. It is obviously good to keep fit and healthy tho. I remember a Dr telling me this years ago and I thought them ridiculous – now I know!

• posted by Sim14k
    on

Hello all,
    I started BSD 800 on Friday 21st, weighing at 74.5kg so only on Day 5 now but this morning I was down 73.6 so good start / water weight etc. I am not diabetic but have PCOS which has made weight loss an ongoing battle and I had a ‘lovely’ letter from my GP saying come let us test your blood sugar as you are at risk of developing diabetes. My dad is diabetic (and my gran and my aunt! so runs in the family). I also turn the big 3-0 this year and I’m determined to be a weight that I am healthy and happy with. My ideal weight would be 63kg so about 10-11kg or 1.5 stone to lose. I don’t think I’ll achieve this in the 8 weeks but certainly would like to by end of August. My fear however is that weight loss has always been so slow that I lose motivation. Hoping I can do this!!!

• posted by Michele62
    on

Hi all,
    At my weigh in this morning I was 61.1 kg, only 1.1 kg from my first goal weight. It’s taken 13 weeks to get this far, but I am doing it. I’m so proud of myself.

Sim14k I originally hoped to get close to this in the 8 weeks but when I didn’t I took a leaf out of Captain Lynne’s book and “kept calm and carried on”. I think you might be surprised at your motivation this time. I was.

• posted by Sim14k
    on

Thanks Michele62! After a good first week, I went to my parents house for spring bank holiday and completely fell off the wagon. No exercise for 3 days and poor eating. I’ve not weighed myself but I put on a dress this morning and thought…I look goodish (compared to the usual meh feeling) so determined to not let the last three days define the next 7 weeks. Keeping calm and carrying on indeed. Next weigh in Friday but not expecting to have lost any weight (or might have even put some weight back on) but we’ll see!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SIM14K..i love yr words..not letting the last three days define the next 7 weeks…such a great philosophy..in a week or so you will have forgotten that spring hol blip!
    CAPTAINLYNNE ive now lost 91 lbs.. I remember well when you got to that point! I hope i can continue to follow in yr footsteps! X
    Well done and welcome PENDIENTE …you’re doing great and must be feeling marvellous! X
    Hi to all as onwards and downwards we go x

• posted by Sumo
    on

hi all
    Back to being a loser again
    Not saying I am not trying but it just feels like I am putting on a comfy pair of shoes, just slipped back into BSD with no fuss or hassle, except from the non-believers at home.
    7lb this week without trying to hard, hope it stays this easy, I was slowly bringing myself back to start again, so maybe that helped, instead of jumping in the deep end.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi SUMO thats such an encouraging loss isnt it!
    I dont think you can beat BSD!it seems to be the only one that works for me
    I have just completed week 51 of this way of eating/ way of life,and have just reached my 100 lb weight loss goal..losing about two pound a week on average,tho it worked out differently to that of course..big losses at first,then the occasional ” whoosh” of several pounds down,then about a pound or two each week.
    Thenon believers shd gove it a go..weight loss, delicious filling nutritious foods,lower blood pressure,better blood sugar results..whats not to like!

• posted by Sumo
    on

Thanks Yowzer
    I must just be odd, I am morbidly Obese, never had high BP, glucose/Blood sugar always within normal range, low cholesterol

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thats good SUMO that youre always so healthy!
    To have everything working well is like a great headstart before you even think about losing weight…..
    living BSD will mean that none of that changes for the worse over time. Good luck and keep it up. Like you said,its really not that hard a way of eating. I think the fact that we can eat filling foods makes all the difference in the world XXX

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Yowser- WOWSER!!! Amazing weight loss- congratulations! You can now join the very elite 100 club. What an achievement! Very inspiring.

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Brilliant Yowser – a true reward for your practical and sensible approach to this. I know I for one have benefited from your advice.

What’s next for you?

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Congratulations Yowzer, do come and join us in the 100 pound clubhouse, it’s getting busier in there, but there’s plenty of space for more people to join. Are you getting near your target weight now?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks MIXY!CLARINET and JULES for yr kind comments XXXXXXX
    A 100 lb clubhouse! ?! ? That sounds exciting! I had no idea. Will Deffo join coz i want to keep this 100 lb off!
    I could easily lose another stone but im so wrinkled and pleated that im a bit scared of getting even worse! But i think i will try to lose another stone slowly over the next year.
    I have oedema in my ankles and knees ( got hosp appt in a week or two) and i wd love to know if that was cured,wd i be a few more pounds down. Tho from what ive read – no cure πŸ™ but i will try anything i hear about.
    Hot cold showers are meant to shock yr lymphs back into working properly and they are actually very refreshing. Also supposed to stimulate ” brown fat” which burns better seemingly (? ) than plain old ordinary fat! πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Yowser
    Bril work for your wonderful achievement how do you feel now, are you still loosing or are you at target
    πŸ™‹πŸ™‹πŸ™‹jan

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

GREEN JAN i feel jim dandy thanks!
    Apart from the wrinkles,that is,which have turned into pleats!!! Not a good look but i keep covered up or I ‘ m scared someone will try to iron me! πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹
    Lots of hugs to you from me xx

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Just keep well hydrated and use moisturising cream/oil and you may find like I did that it keeps improving. I believe it can take up to two years to keep on improving, so I am also trying abdominal massage at the moment, but it really isn’t an issue most of the time.

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hey Yowzer
    Congrats!
    Fasting is the secret to getting rid of those leftover stomach cells, it’s called autophagy! See below:

https://www.dietdoctor.com/renew-body-fasting-autophagy

I reached my goal weight last September and my ‘overhang’ has been getting less and less as each month goes by. I now regularly fast, often from dinner to dinner, but on occasion for 3-4 days (if you do this you must keep up the water & electrolytes, especially magnesium and sodium).

I put a bit of Celtic sea salt on my tongue every few hours and that does the trick.

Cheers
    Linda

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Oh Yowser I’ve missed your funny comments πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…, seriously though it’s how we feel more than look, and I imagine you are feeling great , you are my role model πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ keep up the excellent work πŸ™‹πŸ™‹πŸ™‹

• posted by LindaA
    on

Further to my above post on autophagy, I just read the following on another forum:

“Yes, it seems autophagy it is triggered by MTOR regulator; the absence of dietary protein (MTOR). I read a helpful post “noticed that after 3 days fasting, I see a fast progression of skin tightening and definition happening”. Dr Fung stated in an interview [Dr Fung: Intermittant Fasting/ Weight Loss – Autophogy @ 17:40] that Autophogy kicks in on water-only in approx 24-48 hours… ”

Cheers
    Linda

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi Sumo,
    it is great how easy it is to move back into this when you need to – as you say like putting on a comfy pair of shoes – great restart – keep going and good luck with the garden!
    Hi Yowzer,
    wonderful to hear you have made your century :-)!

Orchid

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks ORCHID XXX
    MIXNMATCH thanks for the wrinkly advice! X LINDA .omg! You have iron willpower doing those long fasts! I can do dinner to dinner but any longer..no thats completely beyond me! X i like yr advice re putting sea salt on tongue,,i think that wd help a lot even with dinner to dinner fast

• posted by Apollo38
    on

End of week 2 9.5lb off so far, I feel so much better in myself too. Love this diet it’s a life changer 😊😊😊

• posted by Docker
    on

I am new to these forums so the advice I am seeking has probably been covered many times over but in case it hasn’t ….
    I have been on the BSD for the last 7 weeks and after my weekly weigh in this morning I have recorded a total 17.2 Kilogram weight loss .. Yahoo !!! Because my starting weight was so large (123.5 Kg with a BMI of 42+) I am no where near my final weight goal (80Kg). My question is …. I want to continue with the 800 Calorie regime until I reach or get close to my target weight but is it safe to do so and are there any issues I need to be careful of if I do.
    Cheers Docker

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi DOCKER!! Congrats on your fabulous 7 week accomplishment! Youre doing great and i hope youre feeling the benefit of dropping unwanted fat!
    I stayed on 800 cals and 50 g carb per day for one year,and had no bad effects whatsoever,just fantastic weight loss and much improved blood test results, and very much lower blood pressure.
    Several others here have had similar results to me.
    Very early on,i had a short period of feeling dizzy but it passed quickly and then it was plain sailing. Losing weight fast was a real incentive to keep going,and even when that loss slowed down, full fat foods kept me satisfied and made it easy not to cheat.
    Have you checked in with yr GP to tell him/ her what youre doing and for him/ her to keep an eye on things? For example,if youre on blood pressure meds or other meds,yr prescription needs may well change as yr weight drops. Ditto if you have diabetes….it could well be yr diabetes figures will improve dramatically…for some people, their diabetes is completely reversed!
    If youre lucky,yr gp and practice nurse may be clued up on BSD,if not you can educate them! Be prepared tho,in case your medics are still giving high carb,low fat diet advice. That never worked for me,whereas high fat,low carb has worked like a charm. I actually continued for a little longer than a year to reach my goal of 100 lb lost.
    I have maintained this loss for a few months now,by keeping an eye on carbs,and pretty much eating like i did when i needed to lose weight.
    Good luck and keep going,you will get there and it will make you sooooo happy!!!!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Heart felt congratulations, Yowser49! It’s always wonderful to
    meet other big losers. I’ve only been on the forums for @ 2 months,
    but I’ve lost 146.5 lbs, and have been maintaining for 6 months.
    I’ll keep an eye out for any insights you might have as we all share
    our insights going forward. There is so much cumulative knowledge
    here, don’t you think? This way of life has transformed my life and
    health, and I know that this is the way forward. I salute your
    accomplishments!

Best wishes,

Allie

• posted by LindaA
    on

Welcome Docker
    I concur with Yowser, there’s no issue with continuing until you reach your goal weight. I lost a total of 30kg between April and September last year and I’ve maintained that loss ever since. Many others on this forum have done the same thing. I didn’t have any issues with blood pressure or diabetes and didn’t bother checking in with my doctor, but that certainly is good advice.

Once I reached my goal weight, I simply
    Increased my fat intake and continued to keep my carbs under 50g per day. I did not add back added sugar of any kind, kept my fruit to very limited quantities (occasionally have berries) and I no longer eat any grains. I also keep my protein to approximately 1g/kg of lean body mass (total weight – fat weight).

I also incorporated fasting into my regime.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask, we are all a wealth of information.
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Docker
    on

Thanks Yowzer and Linda for your advice and encouragement. Really stoked to hear that continuing the 800 didn’t cause any issues. I have booked an appointment to see the Doc the week after I finish the first 8 weeks just to check blood levels etc.

Beaut to read so many positive stories on the forum, it gives a bloke even more motivation to keep going.

• posted by Apollo38
    on

16 and half pounds off now!

2.9 inches off my hips
    1.5 off my waist
    1.5 off my chest
    1 off my thighs
    1/2 off my arms

Started on 23rd September 😊😊

• posted by jennypenny
    on

New today! Startting weight 15st 6lb. A long way to go but willing to give the BSD 800 a try.
    Day 1 so see you next week!

• posted by Apollo38
    on

Week 6

21lb lost

4.10 inches off hips
    2 inches off chest
    2.5 inches off waist
    2 inches off thighs

All I can say is thank you Michael I’m stunned that this weight is coming off after so long struggling

Please log in or register to post a reply.