'Weigh in' thread

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Sumo

Just focus on today, yesterday’s gone, and tomorrow hasn’t happened yet, I do it moment by moment. You can do it. πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi angiebabe

Plateaus are exhausting, did you break it by increasing your fats, or did you just tough it out. But well done πŸ‘ delighted for you πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

• posted by Sumo
    on

Thanks Greenjanet

Just had my full fat low sugar yogurt and raspberries for breakfast, feeling good, the only thing wrong with today is, it’s Monday?

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Sumo

Ooh I love fage yog, have it every day, I feel like I’m having a cream tea every day, yum, this hour going back has thrown me, I’d forgotten I hadn’t had my cream tea yet

• posted by Sumo
    on

Hi Greenjanet

I use Onken Yogurt as it is 3.4g of sugar per 100g yogurt, compared to Fage which is 3.6g sugar per 100g of yogurt, full fat and so creamy?

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Sumo

it’s hard isn’t it to keep motivated sometimes, I’m aiming to loose another 12.5k before Xmas, so I’ve gone public by starting a thread, to put pressure on myself πŸ˜‚ I have lulled from weeks 9-18 and fortunately maintained, so battle is back on 🀐🀐🀐

• posted by Sumo
    on

Greenjanet

What’s your new thread?
    Game on I weighed in at 23st 5lb this morning 2 stone off before Xmas, will be hard but possible.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Great it’s called 18 weekers wanting to come out of maintenance .
    That’s me of course you don’t have to be week 18 everyone is welcome, we can all push the bulgy 🚌 together. Even with wobbly wheels hehe

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

Angiebabe, so great. I will be whooping when I get to over halfway

Ruth(::

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

End of week 16, cycle 2 and 48 lb down,average 3 lb a week weight loss
    Onwards and downwards! X keep going everyone x!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I have lost 3.5 lbs this week which is nearly there for the 5 lbs I gained on holiday. Just 1.5 to go to be back to my pre holiday weight and hopefully to lose more between now and Christmas.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Neil work YowserπŸ˜‡πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ™‹πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡getting there

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Shhhhh JAN! How did you find out about Neil? He’s supposed to be my secret romance
    Hows life my old china? xX ive got a numb bum from sitting on the back seat of the bus for 16 weeks! πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Oh Yowser couldn’t make out what you meant, get it now, nice work luvvy, well at least the derriΓ¨re that is numb is smaller that it was when you got on at the bus stop. So less numbness 😳😳😳

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

JAN!,Thats true ..good point! πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» less bum,less numb! πŸ‘…πŸ‘…πŸ‘…πŸ‘…πŸ‘…
    Night Jan and all BSDers! X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Fifty and a half pounds down today..dont forget the half pound heeehee!
    Am So very pleased..i look back to how low in mood i felt 16 1/2 weeks ago..when i just felt like i cdnt face dieting again..and yet i had to do somethign coz nothing fitted and i was at my fattest ever!
    Thank goodness for Prof Taylor,Dr MM and the good people on this forum and on the fast day forum for helping me get thru and keeping me going xx

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Congratulations Yowzer, you are so right, we couldn’t have done it without all the help here, and of course Prof Taylor and MM and team. I still kick myself that I didn’t realise while on all of my previous diets that the wheels came off and the weightloss stopped and reversed when the diet said ‘now start reintroducing the carbs’.

• posted by tigs
    on

Fabulous results Yowser! Truly impressive and you must be feeling as light as a feather! You are such an inspiration. Have a great weekend

• posted by Natalie
    on

Congrats Yowzer! Half pounds are important, and you’ve lost 101 of them!

on

Never forget the half pound, well done Yowzer, you did it they just gave you the tools to use.

• posted by Snoop
    on

What a success, Yowzer! Congratulations. That’s a lot of weight in a short time.

• posted by Frog
    on

Well done, Yowzer – that’s brilliant, congratulations.

5.74 Froglets
    4.21 Ziggys (unless Ziggy has got even lighter too!)

• posted by Sam1111
    on

My favourite thread and now I can finally be part of it πŸ˜€
    Week 1: -6lbs
    waist down 1cm (this is at my thinnest point which is great although I’m a bit disappointed that my actual stomach hasn’t reduced at all. hopefully next week!

More importantly I’m really looking forward to week 2! Can’t wait, I’m hoping for 2lbs off but we’ll see!

• posted by Trish45D
    on

I’ve been lurking around but was so happy this week with my weight loss efforts that I wanted to record it on the site and here is the perfect place it seems.

Week 1 – 1.35kg
    Week 2 – 0.25kg
    Week 3 – 0.65
    This week (4) 1.35kg

I have gone from 64.5kg to 60.95kg in four weeks! In pounds I think that is a loss of 7.8?
    I don’t have a lot more to lose to get to healthy BMI (top end) so seeing a large loss like this at week four is encouraging. My calorie requirements if I was eating to maintain my current weight would barely be 1500 so eating 800 is not a huge ask for me but because of that I really wasn’t expecting to see any more large losses in a week. I am very happy today! πŸ™‚

Love reading about everyone’s efforts! So encouraging.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks for all yr kind words and encouragement BSD pals xx
    Well done TRISH and SAM! Congratulations and good vibrations! Keep up the good work everyone! X

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

Morning all

Well another week gone that’s 23 in total and I’ve lost one pound this week. My weight loss seems to be following a pattern whereby I plateau one week or lose a small amount and then lose more the second week. Doesn’t my body know I weigh weekly not fortnightly and would like a steady weekly rate!πŸ˜€

Feeling calmish about it and will carry on because what is the alternative after all? Am 2 pounds off losing 5stone it would be so awesome to reach that soon. There is still a little bit of me who can’t quite believe it. I think I am the result of just following the diet week in week out and the loss really does accumulate.

So here goes nothing let’s keep sliding down to Christmas.

• posted by Sumo
    on

End of week 8 I will have to settle for 2 stone and 5 inches of waist.
    I think I have become a bit too casual in my approach I need to go back to week one and restart with the same commitment, I have not been writing everything down the last 2 weeks and that is probably why I have been stuck at 23st, if I want to see a 21 as my main number before Xmas I am starting my food intake book again?
    Anyone else out there find themselves slipping back into old habits after 6 weeks?

• posted by Snoop
    on

Some good figures there, everyone. Congratulations!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Sumo.

Well done for your achievement so far, yes I wavered at about that time and have been ever since, I’m at 18 plus 5 days, and still maintaining, which is amazing I haven’t put any more back on, but I want to loose it, but I am too unstructured at the mo.
    Did have a prob with excessive hair loss for a while which has slowed down now, so I wonder whether my body was naturally telling me to ease Of for a while. But unfortunately have lapsed back into eating bread.
    But I am going to go for a push restarting today, so here goes. 😊

• posted by Avila
    on

I also slid at the 6 week mark, trying to refocus…..

• posted by Sumo
    on

Thanks for comments my refocus has started, on ward and down ward?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Everyone – have been out of the loop for almost eight weeks, with a long w/e in Edinburgh and then seven weeks in Turkey and a week at home, trying to get used to the cold!!! Have had an occasional look in, to see how people are doing, but as I was taking the BSD easier and tech detoxing, I haven’t posted in all that time.

Well done to all those who are continuing to lose – keep up the good work. To those struggling, stick with it, it will come right. Over the almost eight weeks I have been out of the full on BSD, I gained 2lb and since starting to take things more seriously from Monday, I have lost 1lb.

My aim is to shift 6lb before Christmas, with an aim to weigh 10lb less by End of March 2017. I know this might seem a low amount, but I am getting towards the end of my weight loss journey, so am not expecting to lose very quickly now. Will keep you posted, as it has always helped me stay accountable and focused.

Meanwhile, good luck to everyone.

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi SunnyB – good to see you back, hope that you enjoyed your break
    well done on not overindulging and pretty much maintaining your weight.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey Frog, thanks for the welcome back. About three weeks in, I very much overindulged on day and felt so ill and retched afterwards, that it put me off any repeat. As a consequence, I took things pretty easy the rest of the time we were away.

Ayran – Turkish yogurt drink – has become my best friend. Easy to make with a nice creamy yogurt, some water and a twist of salt. I’m having the occasional day when it’s all I consume, other than herbal teas and water.

Hope things are going well for you and you are happy with progress. Look forward to hearing how you are doing.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Just checking in. πŸ˜€

Weight today is 8st 11lbs – down 3 pounds from last week.

During 9 weeks on ‘maintenance ‘ I’ve lost another 9 pounds – total loss 101 pounds.

• posted by lmp98
    on

Congratulations CaptainLynne -101lb lost, you’re half the woman you were!!

I’ve had a slow couple of weeks recently but this week am down to 11st 7 so have lost 1st 12 in 16weeks, which I’m happy with as I’m sticking to the principals rather than strictly calorie counting. Only 2lb to go to lose 2st πŸ™‚ My main target is to get down to 10st 7 (or lower!) by the end of January.

Lat night I had a trying-on session of clothes in my wardrobe that I’ve not been able to wear for quite some time but refused to get rid of, and was pleased they all fit again! I’ve got cheekbones again as well!!
    People at work haven’t really noticed as it’s been fairly gradual and I’m still wearing quite baggy clothes, and to be honest I’m happy about that. It’s weird, I feel like it’s my secret and I want to carry on and lose more without it being noticed – does anyone else feel like that?

My boyfriend has been lovely and supportive throughout but even he was surprised yesterday – as if he’d only just noticed that I look quite a lot slimmer all of a sudden!

• posted by lmp98
    on

And well done Sunny for maintaining for 8 weeks, that’s fab as it shows when you reach your target you can have a normal life, go on holiday and not put it all back on.

Well done to everyone on your losses, even if it is half a pound, they all add up over time πŸ™‚
    And don’t give up if you plateau for 3 weeks like I’ve just done! As people have noted previously it seems like your body just goes through a period of adjustment and then if you stick with it you will get back to losing again.
    Much love xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Inspirational Captain Lynn!! You are where I’d ultimately like to be. I have 10lb to shift before I get there though. Hoping to get there in the next couple of months, as I’m conscious loss will slow somewhat.

It is encouraging Imp98, knowing that it is possible to enjoy holidays and not heap the pounds back on. It comes out of making the low carb thing a way of life, not just a temporary event.

Onward and downward everyone!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Great results Imp πŸ˜€πŸ’

During my journey I’ve had many challenges, training days, residential conferences and holidays (home and abroad) including two holidays in Italy. Perhaps the ‘fear’ of regular blood tests originally kept me on track during those times, but now it’s second nature. If I’m offered carbs in any form the words ‘no thank you’ come out of my mouth automatically.

With Christmas coming soon I’ve already planned what I will be eating. As I’ll be away for a few days between Christmas and New Year I don’t need to buy much food anyway πŸ˜€

• posted by Trish45D
    on

Today’s weigh in I am down 600 grams or 1.3 lb I am now only 1.9 kg or a tad over 4 lb from a healthy BMI πŸ™‚ I am also noticing that now I am getting close to that number that my mid-drift (area above my navel/waist) is shrinking (down 2 cm overnight!) and I am able to wear tops I wouldn’t wear previously because that area stuck out and it was not a good look.

This ‘diet’ is a amazing! I do not feel hunger and have had so few cravings I don’t even feel like I am dieting. I would never have believed it if I wasn’t trying it for myself. I have also inspired my obese mother to give it a go, she is using Optifast as she is currently incapacitated and they make it an easier option, I am hoping she can stick with it as she really should lose some weight before having surgery on her back.

Great results everyone! Keep going, we can do this! πŸ™‚

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

Hey guys it’s Monday morning again and weigh in time

So am really thrilled as I’m (just) in the 14teens this week at 14.13 it somehow seems a much better number to say out loud.

So that’s 71 pounds in total so far.
    First 8 weeks I lost 27 pounds
    Second 8 weeks I lost 19 pounds
    Third 8 weeks I lost 25 pounds

Looks like I wasn’t as careful in the Second period I think I was doing a lot of adjusting psychologically and by the third period became much more zen like about it and it’s become a way of life that is a choice, I’m not missing wine sugar etc just enjoying how good I feel without it.

I’ve got 8 more weeks until my surgery and wanted to be in the OW category by then which is 19 pounds to lose so if I’m careful it may be possible but if not it should be pretty close. So yay BSD!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Congrats on yr 24 weeks ANGIE! Thars some accomplishment! And the best thing is,youre finding this way of eating a way of life now. if you continue your trend, i think you can make that 19 lb or more…coz it works out an average of about 3 lb a week loss doesnt it? Good luck with it ! X we are rooting for you xx!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Great results Angie. πŸ˜€πŸ’

Your results so far are similar to mine.

8 weeks 27 pounds
    16 weeks 18 pounds
    23 weeks 15 pounds
    25 weeks 4 pounds
    32 weeks 16 pounds
    38 weeks 12 pounds

I had stuck to it, but you can see how results vary. You can do that 19 pounds, or come very close. Best wishes.

• posted by lmp98
    on

Well done Angie! And Trish! xxx

on

Unfortunately gained 3 quarters of a pound this week. Very disappointed as on Friday my weight was even lower, but on a week by week basis that is a small gain. Today is a new day, I am going to the hospital for my heart testing, riding a bicycle for 10 minutes so at least I will get some exercise. Keep on keeping on…

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Like you sunshine-girl, I have seen a small gain overall this week, despite a lower reading earlier in the week. My own fault I know, as I have been a bit heavy handed with the carbs – yesterday especially. Back to basics from today and hopefully things will be moving in a downward direction again soon.

Good luck!!

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Day 100 and finally got to 19st 7lb – four stone down, three and a bit to go. Well chuffed!

Set the new mini target of 18st 13lb by Christmas which will be challenging. I also reset the ultimate target at 16st 5lb, not sure by when, with the ambition of applying for a country membership of the coveted 100lb club.

After a plateau through most of last week, lost nearly two pounds since Sunday (didn’t weigh yesterday – working away). I had rolled oat porridge for breakfast on Sunday and am starting to think that this is my plateau breaker. Celebrated with a chorizo omelette with spinach and walnut salad. I might even have a bit of 90% Lindt with a Matcha tea for supper.

• posted by Frog
    on

That’s brilliant well done Jules
    Spinach and walnuts sounds great.
    I had spinach at supper, with cauliflower cheese – I ate all the plain spinach and still had tons of cheesy stuff left, so ended up adding the other half pack of spinach.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

8st 10lb today. Down one pound from last week. Total loss 102 pounds.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

JulesMaigret
    What a super achievement – you are now past the half way mark. Good luck with your goal of another 8lb loss by Christmas. The 90% Lindt is also my special treat.

Captainlynne well done on your weight loss. 8stone 10lb is amazing. I am so pleased that you have stayed on this thread after reversing diabetes. I find your posts very inspirational because you are showing just how easy it is to maintain your weight by staying low carb. It makes me feel very hopeful that I will be able to do the same.

I have been on a plateau for a week but I can actually feel my waist bands getting looser so I am sure the loss will show up on the scales soon. I have got about 3lbs to lose to reach my final goal of 9 stone 7lbs – but when I reach it I will make a decision on whether to go a bit lower.

Please log in or register to post a reply.