'Weigh in' thread

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lastchancesaloon
    on

Well, I went straight home from work yesterday and got the tape measure out – horrifyingly my waist is only a few inches smaller than my hips! if nothing else that will make me stick to it although I’m actually finding it quite easy now I’ve got into the swing of it. I think if I can’t do it for 8 weeks then there’s something wrong with me! Everyone on here has been very encouraging and I can see that it does work and I just have to be patient. I also watched the BBC programme on diabetes last night and it confirmed to me that it’s something that I want to avoid if at all possible. This forum definitely helps!

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

Igor, thanks as usual. Always can rely on your good advice (::

• posted by Sumo
    on

Weight seems to have stopped going down this week, but I have had to find an old belt to hold up my trousers (old and smaller belt)

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Day 84 yesterday and have lost 40 lbs in total..about three and a third pounds a week lost on average,,
    so here i am day one,week 13.. Halfwaythru my 24 wk plan..
    12 weeks ago was at a loss coz cd hardly squeeeeeeze my fat self into my biggest clothes….and really looked a mess..so much has improved since then! From blood tests to wearable garments!
    Anyone struggling,just remember ..the rewards are fab and worth all the efforts we are making! Onwards and downwards folks! X

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Yowser luvvy

Little miss half way through, in the voice of Yoda ” pleased I am for you” πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks JAN! How ya doing! Hope things have calmed down at home now
    Yep halfway thru…then what? Same thing probs but a few extra cals …maybe.
    Think youre about a week ahead of me..is it week 14 now?
    Feels like forever doesn’t it but in a good way!πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„ xx
    Ps that was a good cuppa you made us last night!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Yowser luvvy.

Just had your recommended fage, berries and chopped nuts, needed some comfort food.. No unfortunately, things are getting worse, but my eating I am doing my best to control, have lost 1.2 kg so far this week, so that’s good.

Yes it does seem to have been a long time, and yes I have just completed week 13 total loss so far 17.26 kilo, but I messed around for about 6 of those weeks. But hey I’m not perfect.
    How about you.
    😊

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

So sorry JAN..no wonder you need some comfort food,my dear chum x
    Isnt the fage with berries and nuts like a lovely Cornetto..delicious …
    I bought the tesco finest greek yog coz someone recommended it but will swerve it in future as its higher in cals n carbs than the Fage
    Ive been really good so far keeping within 800 cals/ 50g carbs but i havent had any big stresses to deal with recently.
    Sending you some big hugs xxxxxx we’ll have to have a singsong at the back of the bus to give you a laugh xxx

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Yowser you are such a darling. 🚌🚌🚌🚌🚌🚌

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Awww shucks JAN,i’ m glad someone thinks so πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚ xx
    G’night,sleep sweet Jan and everyone..its a tight squeeze on the back of the bus when we’re all trying to get a good kip!
    No snoring! X

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hehe Yowser, I’m rocking with laughter, you’re so funny heheheheπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• posted by Sumo
    on

I am no longer thinking of the BSD as a period of time be it 8 or 26 weeks I am looking at it as a training process, training my stuck in a rut attitude with age old eating habits, into a new way of living. A permanent life style change, my wife and I have progressively eaten less over the years, but stuck with the wrong things, high carbs. At some stage I will not try to stick to 800/50 but just settle to a much lower Calorie & Carb intake, than my old self ever thought possible to live on, and see where my weight balances out, one change my wife has noticed is having to throw bread and potatoes away as they are going off?

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Well said, Sumo.

I think a lot of what we do/eat is often just habit. And we don’t like change. But when we realise how much damage we’re doing and decide to change our habits it does take time and effort.

But not a long time. And the effort is worth it. As is sticking with the new way of eating πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Sumo
    on

Thanks Capt L I am looking ahead and will not go into maintenance, I will just call it my life from now on, which suits my logical way of thinking, not on a plan, but a new journey, with a memory that says don’t repeat old mistakes, life’s to short.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Morning everyone. After last weeks one pound gain, I’m reporting in with a weight loss today of 3 pounds, total weight now lost 7 stone (98 pounds), with my weight today being 9 stone exactly.

Great way of looking at things Sumo. I’d not really thought about it but that’s more or less the way I’m doing things. πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Wise words SUMO and CAPTAINLYNNE x and thats why Lynne has done so very well for so very long….the right mental attitiude means so much when it comes to weight loss and making healthy food choices.
    Lynne well done on 7 stone loss! That 3 lbs off in a week was a big chunk down wasnt it! Dont lose any more or yr ringmaster outfit will get too big! πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„ x

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks Yowzer πŸ˜ƒ

LOL I’ve already got some trousers that the clowns can borrow😱

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ohh thats great LYNNE..can i take some to make curtains for our caravan windows when we’re on tour with our circus pls! πŸ˜„ X

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Of course Yowzer πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ. I’ll put them with the coat we’re using as big top πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Sumo
    on

Morning losers this weeks scales lied to me, I thought they were wrong so weighed again, the wow went back to that’s ok down to 23s 3lb that 5lb last week start of BSD 25s 1lb that is 4 weeks down, did not realise how long until I checked my start date, because in my mind that start date was way before that it was the mental preparation I put my self through, looking ahead to potential pit falls and what really made me look for the biscuit tin, I came up with stress and annoyance, so I looked at mindfulness again and use this in time of biscuit hunting, and if I choose to have one biscuit I do, then count it towards my daily carbs, which then shows me what a waste of my carb allowance that biscuit was, all part of the lifestyle re-adjustments.
    As for clown trousers I have plenty, but still using a few pairs for a while longer ?

• posted by lmp98
    on

Hi everyone
    Haven’t been on for a while as crazy busy with work – but still managing to stick to the plan. To be honest it’s just life now and I don’t have to think about it much any more πŸ™‚
    I’m in my 12th week now and have lost steadily rather than quickly and have just reached the 1.5stone lost milestone and happily at 11st11.
    Nobody has noticed for me either though, well they haven’t commented anyway! Still got about the same to go to get to my maintenance weight but at least now I’ve got more clothes that fit me (I refused to buy bigger ones so had a very limited wardrobe of one pair of jeans (thank goodness it was the summer hols!).
    Well done to all you fellow losers, it’s satisfying isn’t it πŸ™‚ I used to get frustrated when the scales didn’t move but the key is to measure as that’s where you things that you didn’t realise were happening!
    Just keep the faith, it does work (even for me and I’m a heathen that doesn’t strictly count calories 😳) – as the ever-inspirational Captain Lynne would say: Keep on keeping on!
    Love to you all,
    L xx

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi everyone.

Congratulations Imp πŸ˜ƒπŸ’

I’d been overweight for so long I had saved no smaller clothes. If I had they’d probably have been more suitable for a museum than for me to wear😱

It took a long while for people to comment on my weight loss (probably around 3 stone loss). Even then they were reluctant because they wondered if I was ill. The usual opening comment was “are you ok?” Now it’s, “don’t lose any more weight”!

As Imp says – it does work πŸ˜ƒ As slimming club leaders over the years have said “the plan works, if you work the plan”. For me, I followed the plan, and it worked. Is still working. It’s now a way of life.

Best wishes to everyone on your BSD journey.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Humph! Only lost 2 lbs in 3 weeks! have i hit another plateau? Ah well,keep going! Upwards and onwards!
    Remember these words..
    REMEMBER HOW FAR YOU’ VE COME,NOT JUST HOW FAR YOU HAVE TO GO
    YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU WANT TO BE, BUT NEITHER ARE YOU WHERE YOU USED TO BE
    🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸🌟🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸⭐️

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Morning

A day late checking in because I’ve been away at a conference for a few days.

Just confirming that I’ve maintained at 9 stone since last Saturday, despite being away πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by lmp98
    on

Superb Captain, well done!
    And thank you for the wise words Yowzer.
    I lost another lb and was down to my lowest but the weekend was slightly off-plan (oops, but I did walk 18 miles!) so have paid for it on the scales today.
    I set myself a mini target for half term – the end of this week – and was only 2lb away from it, but due to naughtiness I’ve now got to lose the 1.5lb I put on as well as the 2lb :-/
    Ah well nothing like a challenge!

• posted by lmp98
    on

Mind you I forgot to mention my success with the measuring tape: 3 inches off my slimmest waist and 5.5 inches from around my belly button.
    No wonder I can find more clothes that fit me! πŸ˜βŒ›οΈ

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks Imp πŸ˜ƒ

Well done on the inches πŸ’ Those pounds will be hone, and you’ll hit that mini target, no problem πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Sumo
    on

Not a good week, felt like uuurrr so did not count my carbs and did a bit of comfort eating, the good thing is no weight gain from last week, I then took the other good advice and measured, 5inches of my waist, happy with that, wish I had measured other bits at the start as I can see my arms and legs getting more definition as they slim down, me and the word slim have not been put together for a long time.
    I am setting myself the target this week of changing the front number from 23s to 22s.

• posted by lmp98
    on

Good luck Sumo – you can do it πŸ’ͺ
    Well done on the inches lost πŸ™Œ

I’ve lost the weekend gain and am back down to my lowest so now onwards and downwards – hopefully 1-2lb and mink-target by the end of the week.

Hope all is well with everyone xx

• posted by Sumo
    on

Imp98 thanks, strange week, inches down, stood on scales this morning and I have dropped to my lowest level, so aiming for target?

Strange old thing the human body how it reacts to the change of food intake, I seem to be going bit of weight loss then a bit of inches loss but not both at the same time?

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Hi Sumo

My experience is that in periods when I don’t lose weight, I tend to lose inches and, conversely when I do lose weight the inches remain stubbornly consistent. I have increased exercise and started weight training so I suspect that that may be muddying the water.

My overall conclusion is that I haven’t a clue what’s going on and the best thing, for me, is to weigh daily and work on a rolling seven day average. As long as neither are going up, I’m happy to carry on.

• posted by Sumo
    on

JulesM

That just about sums up what I am experiencing?

• posted by lmp98
    on

I would add though that you shouldn’t give up even if you have a week where you don’t lose weight or inches. Sometimes that’s just the way the cookie crumbles, but keep on keeping on, and look at the results at the end of each month as well – that helps a lot to realise how far you come.
    X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

HI and well done CAP’N LYNNE and IMP! XX
    SUMO! Good work with the alternating inches and lbs! I think you will soon hit the 22 milestone…feels so good when you drop into the next stone down.
    After a very slow three-plus weeks and only losing about 3 lbs, over the last week have dropped 4 lb..this WOE is still working! πŸ‘πŸ» Day 103, halfway thru week 15 and lost 46 lbs in total x keep patience everyone if you feel youre stalling! X do what you know you need to do and the tide will turn!
    I’ m aiming to reach my 50 landmark next!
    Hope everyone is looking forward to the new week ahead x

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Yowzer πŸ˜€

I seem to be hovering around 9 stone. For three days last week I was 8.13.

Going on holiday on Tuesday so will check in before I go, but then it’ll be November before I’m home and back to my scales. Train to London on Tuesday , overnight near Heathrow, flying to Italy (staying with my friends). Home on 4th November. Then 3 meetings in a week, all mean an early start, all in different places. If I can’t find a colleague who is going, I’ll have to book into a hotel for two of them!

Keeps me out of trouble LOL.

• posted by Sumo
    on

Yowzer49
    Thanks annoying as it is the 23 will tumble 23St 1/4lb this week it has to go, but only time will tell, bit of a wobbly weekend but as my portions are so much smaller know, I am full on much less, so when I looked back the Cals and Carbs where not that bad.
    Went to an harvester with my wife so topped up on salad followed by a triple combo which was 3 pieces of chicken and a small handful of fries, cold slaw and a bot of gravy, I had only eaten an omelette brunch that day, so on count back not a bad day, no alcohol, just a bottomless black coffee with no sugar, DeCaf as it was evening and I did not want to be awake all night.

It now feels normal to look for a high protein/fat and low carb meal instead of the old billy bunter special, to prove I was getting enough food to warrant the cost, it used to feel odd to pay the same for a salad as I could a steak & chips with all the trimmings.

Is this the start of the tide changing on a new life stile

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Yowserluvvy

A belated πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡for your weight loss

Love Jan

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Hi Sumo,

I feel your pain. I stayed at 20st 1/4lb for three days and 20st 0lb for three more – excruciating. Two days of 25,000 steps plus and 4 litres of water per day finally got me over the edge, but I was actually starting to think that this could be my “natural” weight.

I too used to go for the “best value” options in restaurants with the “ooh for an extra pound you can get XXX more” attitude. What we jokingly used to call the FBS (Fat B****** Special), in hindsight it wasn’t such a great joke!

Now salad and fish just seem normal choices.

I’m currently trying to pull together some thoughts on the economics of BSD. From a first rough and ready review of my food spend, I reckon BSD is actually saving me money as well, but need to get my thoughts a bit clearer.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi there, I have just had a 2 week holiday where I ate out on 17 different occasions. Travelling so sat in a car for hours on end and having to find lunches on the move and then every evening in hotels or restaurants. After that I have regained 5 lbs, so not too bad. More importantly my morning blood glucose has stayed around 4.7 and 5.2 so I am happy with that.

I would like to thank Simply M&S, the food stores in a lot of motorway services. On those days I have managed to find some truely healthy salads and a few slices of chicken.

Anyway, I digress. My weight today is 76.1 kilos or 11 stone 13 and a half pounds. New goals will be set when I get my suitcase unpacked and my breath back.

• posted by Snoop
    on

Good to see you back Sunshine-girl. Hope you had a good time. Great news about your blood glucose levels.

• posted by lmp98
    on

Well done Sunshne, that’s amazing for being on holiday. I second your M&S comments – the wasabi salmon snack pot is a lifesaver!
    Rather annoyingly instead of losing I’ve put on 1lb (11st 11lb now) BUT while the scales are not my friend, something else seems to be happening with my body as I’ve just tried on some old trousers that I couldn’t fit into only 2 weeks ago!!!
    So even when it seems like it doesn’t work, it does!!!
    Stick with it. I’ve just started week 14 but I’m definitely going to just keep eating this way forever – although I’ve still got another 1st 6lb to get to my final target. My little mini-targets really help to keep me focused along the way, as well as remembering how much happier I am and how far I’ve come in such a short time.

Keep on keeping on! Xxx

• posted by Sumo
    on

JulesM Thanks

Yes 22st 13.5lb it’s only half a pound but the front number has change, it has not been that low in over a decade.
    I think I will celebrate and have 1 square of 90% dark chocolate when I get home tonight.

• posted by lmp98
    on

Woohoo!! Well done Sumo! πŸ™ŒπŸ‘πŸ˜

• posted by Sumo
    on

Imp98 thanks, I resisted temptations and did not open the chocolate

• posted by shalimar
    on

Should stop by the weigh in thread … since i finally got on the scale.

5 ft. 6 in. and 235 pounds!! as of yesterday Oct 25. So i have a starting point for my reboot.

Good on the 800 BSD today! Yesterday also.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Shalimar.

Bril go for it, w e can all do it together

• posted by hectorshousemate
    on

Week 3 and 9 pounds down but feeling very much more energetic. Keep it up everyone i think it will make a massive difference to our health.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Just come back from 2 weeks hols and have gained 5lbs so my weight on Tuesday (my weigh in day) was 76.1 kgs. Total weight loss 5kgs. Not big loss but the first time I have ever actually lost weight in I don’t know how many years. After every holiday season my daughter and I would pledge to lose x lbs before the next holiday. So after maybe 12 weeks I would have lost about 3 lbs then put it all back on and more so we would always end that holiday saying, next time I will be etc etc. This time I have really lost and kept most of it off. PLUS my blood glucose is around 5.5, so I am super happy.

• posted by Sumo
    on

Had a rubbish end to last week and over the weekend, wheels became very wobbly, gained a few pounds so now need to re focus and get back into the 22st area, set backs are common but a pain in the but?

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

So after a few single pound loses despite sticking to the plan I have got the Whoosh this week and lost 5 pounds!

It is a relief as I was beginning to think I was in for an even longer haul than I planned if it was going to be a pound a week for ever. So yes follow the advice if you are plateauing and keep going! So 67 lost and 56 to go I feel like I’m tilting towards the down hill now.

Please log in or register to post a reply.