'Weigh in' thread

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi pkd upping the carbs does not work on the fast 800 or the 5:2 diet. The point of the fast 800 is no starchy carbs and only 800 calories. The 5:2 has 5 normal days of calories but low carb.
    It might be best to stick with the fast 800 for a few weeks, do your yoga and resistance exercises and short runs. It will pay off and you will like the results.
    Best wishes
    Hashimoto

• posted by Frog
    on

end of week one – 2.8 kilos
    not quite as much as I’d hoped after big losses in the first two days, but then a plateau
    The scale is back moving in the right direction again today though!

Just as well – eating out this evening – playing safe with Prezzo’s Steak and Rocket salad again!

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Yay good stuff Frog – 2.8 less of you :-))

• posted by thepolly
    on

Oooh just weighed and I’m 12st 7 which means that it’s changed for the first time in 2 weeks – YAY *much grinning*

• posted by LindaA
    on

Woo hoo!!
    I’m officially overweight and hit the psychological 7’s as of my weigh in this morning.
    Starting weight 89.9kg
    Week 1 loss – 4.6kg
    Week 2 loss – 0.9kg
    Week 3 loss – 1.5kg
    Week 4 loss – 1.2kg
    Week 5 loss – 2kg
    Current weight 78.7kg.
    10.2kg (22.44lbs) lost in 5 weeksπŸ˜€

Interesting the variance in weight loss over the weeks when my walking and food intact rarely changes from week to week.

Once I set my mind to something, I tend to be pretty focused and I have kept my water up to 2-3 litres per day, walked an average of over 10,000 steps every day and have not eaten anything I wasn’t supposed to. Not bad for a post menopausal female in her mid 50’s!πŸ˜€
    …and they said it would be difficult to lose weight as I got older!
    I love you Dr MosleyπŸ˜„

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Great results LindaA…..not bad at all! Wishing you continued success.

• posted by LindaA
    on

Thanks Switzerland , you tooπŸ˜€

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Sounds fabulous LindaA, you’ve done brilliantly! Hope to follow your path over the next few weeks – to start with a 7 is my aim too!

• posted by LindaA
    on

Thanks epspecially, I’m sure you’ll do it.
    I must say that reading the posts everyday have really helped me keep on track.
    Linda

• posted by celestee
    on

hi all –

i’ve been reading this thread to get inspired! awesome work everyone!

i’ve just finished week one – loss of 13.5lbs (6.1kg). am shocked at how high that seems but am guessing it will slow this week! happy to be below the 200lbs mark now πŸ™‚ and will never see it again!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Celestee,
    Wow, that is a lot of weight you have lost!! You must be so pleased πŸ™‚
    I’m looking forward to hearing about the rest of your BSD journey : )

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Huge congrats to you all!
    ThepollyπŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•
    CelesteeπŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•
    LindaA πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

Amazing jobs for all of you as you improve your lives!!

Thanks for being inspirations as well!!
    🌷

• posted by barby
    on

Yesterday I was 16.2, today 15.13 and three quarters!!! Slow but lovely to see another (lower) number on the scales, for first time in …. I don’t know when, as I avoided scales for so long, probably 5 years +.

My losses could have been more. As each weekend I’ve had times when I ate some “bad” carbs. I try and factor that in to my totals, I know I should be stronger and refuse them totally. Still working on that.

It’s all about getting my mind to be totally alert for danger and ready for any bad food coming near me, and speaking up and refusing it. I find that hard. At the weekend we were running a stall for cat charity, right next to the homemade cake stall, for 6 hours !!! I succumbed and had a buttered cheese scone. I did say no to freebies offered at end though.

Off on hols with family tomorrow, self catering, lots of pub meals/teas etc. Being veggie , have to look for salads/goats cheese etc. I am going to practice speaking up and asking for no bread/spuds when ordering. It’s easier if it isn’t on the plate to start with!.

Well done Celeste, I am gob smacked by that huge loss, wow x

• posted by Sandie
    on

Enjoy your holiday Barby. Be bold and be the new you

• posted by Whalleyrange
    on

Hi everyone. So great to keep reading the positive and inspiring posts. Well its the end of week 10 and another steady 1.6 kg loss this week. That’s 18.2 kg ( 2st 12 lb) from 120.3 (almost 19 stone). Was told I was insulin resistant with pre-diabetes BS levels. Well, apart from some strange morning fast BS levels (which everyone seems to have) my pre and post diner BS has never been higher than 6. After 12 weeks I’ll be going back to GP to ask for blood work to see if levels are now in the normal range.
    The lesson learnt this week is not to be cocky. In the past I over ate for a variety of reasons. One of them was as a reward when I had achieved something. So feeling pleased with myself and having just heard that I had been offered a place at University of Manchester to do a post grad course I felt in need of a reward.
    On Saturday I treated myself after diner to half a large fruit pie with cream and later watched a movie and devoured a bag of Doritos. An hour later I felt sick, bloated and knackered. The next morning BS reading was 7.6, the highest on this plan. I had dropped out of Ketosis (fat burning for energy) and even pre diner BS levels were still over 7. Most strange was an almost 1kg in weight gain. It took 2 days to get back to normal.
    So lesson learnt, if a want to treat myself check all the wonderful recipes here and elsewhere for a low carb alternative.

• posted by Mia77
    on

I’m starting today and just want to lose a stone. I tend to go through phases of either eating really healthily or eating terribly, so I hope this diet can help me be more consistently good.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Congratulations to all the fantastic losers! πŸ™‚
    To Whalleyrange, what a valuable lesson learned – and congrats on your Manchester Uni place!
    Hi Mia77 and welcome – if you only have a stone to lose, you may find that you are disappointed by the weight losses of some people who have more to lose.

I only have just over a stone to lose – I am aiming for a stone and a half, but may find that less than that suits me better. I’ve been doing the diet properly – i.e. not only BSD, but focusing on keeping the carbs low (trying for 20g per day) – for 3 weeks today, and have lost half a stone. I am still obstinately at 10 stone, and am keen to reach that magic 9 stone something marker! Looking at it like that, it does seem good, just over 2 lbs per week. And if I extend to 8 weeks, at 2lb per week (on average), I should have lost 16 lbs. But what I have noticed is feeling thinner whilst the scales stayed level, so please do either measure yourself, or check your waist/thighs etc on clothes, to see how many inches are going. I have used Ketostix to check I’m burning fat, and as these are showing I am, I must be losing fat from my internal organs, which I’m really happy about.

Good luck!

• posted by Switzerland
    on

So, yesterday was the end of Week 8 for me. My weight is down 1.2 kgs this week, making a total of 9.1 kgs. My waist measurement is down 8 cm in total.
    The BSD Fast 800 has been such a success for me. Having tried many ‘diets’ this is the only time I’ve achieved such successful stats.
    What worked for me? Eating low carb med style 800 calories a day has taught me that I can be satiated on that amount of food as long as it’s the right food. Over the 8 weeks I’ve continued to learn and grow in knowledge (both of what to eat and when to eat it so I don’t become driven by seeking out the wrong foods). I persist with the goal of 10 000 steps/day – I’ve learnt to be kind to myself surrounding this goal when I am time poor and I make it up the following day. Mindfulness meditation – it works for me – investing a small amount of time daily comes back ten fold in how I can better manage situations that arise.
    These forums have been (and will continue to be) so valuable. Everyone’s contributions make a difference. So, if you’re reading this and have never posted – don’t be shy – hop on a thread and start or continue a conversation)
    Where to now? I have a way to go before I reach my goal. The BSD has become a way of life for me and I’ve commenced BSD 5:2 today and will continue it until I reach my goal.
    Happy days.

• posted by Frog
    on

congratulations Switzerland, thanks for your thoughts on what worked for you – lots of best wishes for the follow on plan

• posted by Sandie
    on

Mia77 to start is the right beginning. 🌟

• posted by Sandie
    on

πŸ‘Œ

• posted by LindaA
    on

So cool Switzerland
    I wish you every successπŸ˜€
    Linda

• posted by Alanhypno
    on

20 stone at the start
    Today week 7 I am 17 stone 9 pounds πŸ˜‡

Sadly my bs not as dramatic ,morning erratic and last night 6.1 before dinner 8.5 couple hours after.
    Maybe I will have to go back on my pills again ,sadly

Alan happy sad

• posted by Tallyhoo
    on

Alan don’t be sad – it’s so easy to concentrate on the negatives but the positives are amazing – you’ve done so well and in just 6 weeks. It took me ages before I began to see a change in my blood sugar results – I know most people have seen them drop dramatically very quickly but I didnt. I kept on with my drugs and just halved my metformin only a few weeks ago and now my bs readings are steadily in the 5.5/5.7 region BUT I am still on 1000mg metformin (am seeing doc this morning to see if I can come off now though).

Don’t worry – they will come down – I’m in week 17 and the important thing is we’re doing it for the rest of our lives!

3 stone 5 lbs down btw…………….if you decide to go back on the pills that’s fine – try again in a few weeks maybe – concentrate on how fantastically you’re doing with the weight loss – go and buy some fabulous piece of clothing or try on something old which is too big.

I tried on a pair of tankini bottoms I was going to through away (like a bikini bottom but bigger btw) and my husband and I laughed so much – so baggy and looked just like a nappy – I’m keeping them to remind me!!!

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Wooohoooo to Switzerland, congratulations!! – it’s like a massive healthy makeover body and mind. πŸ™‚

Impressive work Alanhypno on all that weight loss! – I hope the bs must come around eventually – there’s probably a lot going on inside that you can’t measure and some day soon it’ll catch up.

Tallyhoo funny about tankini maybe you could hang on the kitchen wall :-))))

Can’t believe it’s the end of my second work week on this – feeling absolutely fine, well fed and happy! (And for all you starting out, I complained of feeling like a zombie for the first week so it doesn’t take long!)
    Hope to be on here Monday morning with another bit lost – weekends are harder and easier at once – more food options (but that’s a good thing really! as more choices), and more chances to get outside and exercise. See you all Monday morning!! And even if I don’t lose a huge amount, I’m just going to be patient, follow the principles and wait for it to happen because it will!! And I will mentally line up those bags of sugar of what I have lost too :-))) Have good Friday everyone!

• posted by Alanhypno
    on

Thanks all for encouragement ,I think I may go back on half meds but not taking that one pill a day I can’t remember name of !
    So roll on week 8 next week,and once again big thanks to people on here for all help your amazing
    Alan 7 weeks two stone five pound loss looking great ,aiming to carry on beyond 8 weeks πŸ˜…

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Two pounds gone this week. Total now 60 pounds.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Great job Alan! Switzerland! and CaptainLynne 60 lbs!!!
    Just imagine lifting that up and carrying it around!

You all deserve a huge round of applause so take your bows!!

Thank you for posting and all your inspiration!!
    πŸ’œπŸ’–πŸ’™

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Week 4 weigh in
    17.5 lbs lost
    25.25 inches lost

Doing super well and seem to finally have tummy issues under control.

Traveling for 2.5 weeks as carrying a small cooler with smoked salmon, berries, and grapes with us and asking all hotels for a legitimate small fridge for medicine. (We consider my food needed medicine as it’s keeping my health better). It’s a simple accommodation hotels offer if you ask since there in room fridges are for keeping drinks cool and not cold enough or food.

We’ve been eating breakfast of about 2oz smoked salmon and 20 berries or grapes and then eating dinners out at a restaurant sticking to fish and vegies.

The first week I only lost .5 lb traveling but now that my tummy stopped going nuts I lost another pound since yesterday. I think my soybeans so stressed it wouldn’t let me drop weight.

Doing good, feel excited, and the plan is super easy to follow now.

One thing I don’t even try to do at all is play with typical carbs (bread, crackers, pasta). If we are offered any we politely decline. For me, if I tried to play with the carbs it would be like another carb addiction and I would waste life’s precious time playing mind games with myself instead of just admitting I can’t have them and don’t need them. For me that’s easier and the best route.

Wishing you all the best! πŸ’œ

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks HappyLifeπŸ˜ƒ

I changed my hotel reservation near Heathrow for Tuesday night from bed and breakfast to room only. Why? Breakfast was from 6am and I’d have had to eat very quickly to get to the airport. And I’ve saved around Β£25, more than enough to buy breakfast after going through security.

Plans for the journey to the hotel have also changed😳 Instead of going straight from Kings Cross to Heathrow, now I’m going from Kings Cross to Elephant and Castle, then to Heathrow😱 I had thought of buying something for my evening meal at Kings Cross (hotel restaurant obviously expensive and there’s not really anything that I fancy or can eat when I checked out the menu). So I’ve bought some sliced meat, might add a boiled egg and/or salad, to take in a cool bag. I don’t eat much these days, and get a ‘nervous tummy’ when I’m travelling so didn’t see the point in eating at the airport the night before flying😳 But I will get a cooked breakfast after security, then only drinks on the flight.

We all seem to be finding solutions that fit our individual lifestylesπŸ˜ƒ We all know that one size never fits all LOL

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Yeah Lynne!! We are doing well on our planning during our travels!! So glad and we can support each other from afar as well!
    Hugs and happy travels!
    πŸ’œ

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Yay! 9st 13lbs this morning….8 lbs gone of my target 20-22lbs. Depending where you start counting from (I had a relatively small amount to lose, and didn’t really focus on cutting the carbs until a week and a half in), I think this loss has taken me just 2.5 weeks.

Enjoying it all …although some intensive gardening put me in a spin yesterday and I fell off the wagon slightly, snacking on baby plum tomatoes, an apple, and I think about 6 nuts. In my view that doesn’t really count as a fail…….bit like wavering and pulling myself back on!

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi captainlynne
    I am so impressed with your weight loss, congratulations, you can be so proud of yourself πŸ˜€
    Isn’t it amazing how you can simply say no to bad choices and how you can find ways around tricky situations! I find it easier to say no when I’m not feeling hungry all the time and that’s the advantage of eating fat! After years of eating low fat, it’s wonderful!😊
    Keep it up Lynne, I know you can do it!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

You’re a legend Lynne : )

Hi Christine : )

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks LindaA.

Hi Judith. ThanksπŸ˜ƒ Hope you’re having a great holiday.

• posted by Rubbu
    on

Hello everyone
    I started fast 800 07 Feb at 11 stone, lost a stone in 6 weeks but lost my way and fell off fast 800 stagnating for 12 weeks…..

From reading bsd book and doing fast 800 for 6 weeks I did adopt some of the key principles which I enjoyed and found easy to follow. These are
    – fasting 16hrs daily (following 16:8 rule)
    – keep carbs and calories low on most days (weekends tended to spike)
    – following a Mediterranean diet.

The good news, especially for those who might be worried about putting weight back on after fast 800, is that I have not gained weight! In fact I lost 3lbs

In time for holiday I want to loose 11 pounds in 7 weeks so back on fast 800!!!

This diet is a wise lifestyle choice!

As Bill says…. Onwards and upwards!
    Xx

• posted by KJ77
    on

Yippee – I just finished week 4 and have lost a whopping 22 lbs hurrahπŸ˜€πŸ˜€

• posted by Tallyhoo
    on

GOAL ACHIEVED THIS MORNING!!!! Weighed in for the 18th time I think it is and I have reached the goal I set myself back on 25th January which I had laughed at at the time and said I’d aim to be here by June 17th when we go on holiday. Lost 3 lbs this week having been out for dinner twice!!!!

Started at 14 st 12.6 (don’t forget the .6) now am at 11 st 6.6 so have lost a lovely 3 stone 6 or 47 lbs I think it is. Gone from dress size 20 ish down to size 12 jeans from Next (v proud) to size 14 -16 tops.

Saw doctor for blood test results during the week and am now off metformin and cholesterol pills – cholesterol down to 3.5!!! wow and I forgot to tell him I just eat full fat stuff now – will tell him next time.

My goal was 11 st 7 – I am resetting my goal today – now want to get to 10 st 5…………

Yippee

PS am cooking for family who are round for bank holiday and I WILL have a couple of jersey royals with butter and see what happens

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Well done Tallyhoo – great results.

• posted by Imogen
    on

Hi Tallyhoo,

Congratulations!!! What a brilliant achievement😊😊😊 in such a short time. Enjoy those naughty potatoes – then climb back on the wagon!

Imogen🌻

• posted by Alanhypno
    on

Tallyhoo absolutely fantastic you should be very proud of your self
    This will also help people starting out to see what can be achieved with this way of eating ( I still don’t like to use word diet as I think this seems temporary )
    Alanhypno

• posted by Plumptious
    on

Tallyhoo that is fantastic….SO pleased for you. Well done!!!!

• posted by bigP
    on

30th May 2016 – 92.4kg – 204lbs – 14st 8lbs – BMI 28.5 – 8th week of BSD800 done

Weekly loss 1.9kg – 4.2lbs

Loss so far:
    Since June 2014 – 48.2kg – 106lbs – 7st 8lbs
    Since 1st March 2016 – 31.4kg – 69lbs – 4st 13lbs
    Since 4th April 2016 (beginning of BSD800) – 18.1kg – 40lbs – 2st 12lbs

Target complete – 93.8kg – 207lbs – 14st 11lbs – BMI 29 – when I reach this I will have lost 30kg since 1st March 2016

Current target – 85kg – 187lbs – 13st 5lbs – BMI 26.2 – recent targets were a bit closer together, so this is one a bit further away. I’m assuming that this will take much longer to get to as the weight loss is slowing down.

• posted by Patsy
    on

2 lb loss for me this week. I’m now more than halfway to my target weight and confident I’ll get there – eventually.

I’m going slowly – but not really any slower than for a ‘normal’ diet and when I’ve tried them, I’ve felt far, far more deprived and hungry and haven’t been able to stick to them. OK, I’ve ‘cheated’ sometimes on this one too, but only a bit and it’s been quite easy to get back on track again.

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Week 2 over and another 1.7k gone!! YAAAAAAAY!!! :-))) Week 3 I’m going to try to add in some more mindfullness and some new recipes!
    So total since I started is now just over 8 pounds gone!
    *mentally lining up those sugar bags and rejoicing!!*

Well done to everyone who has continued with this and to those who chipped off another bit of unwanted weight – however big or small – as I read yesterday – forward is forward no matter how slow :-)) (and there was a picture of a tortoise with it :-)))

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Talkyhoo! Congrats on goal achieved! Way to go!!! πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Well done Tallyhoo. πŸ˜ƒπŸ’

• posted by Christine Denise
    on

Completed 8 weeks now. Lost 26lbs, had hoped for 20 so very happy. Off on holiday in a week. Have plan to minimise weight gain then will get back on to lose more and try to reduce meds further. Weight loss slowed last 2 weeks but so much more effective than other diets and easy to take principles forward. Good luck everyone.

• posted by KJ77
    on

Wow – just weighed in again today – as last couple of days have gone over 800 – been closer to 1000 – however despite this another 4 lbs off – total weight loss in 4Β½ weeks of 26 lbs. What a great incentive to focus on – we are away for a few days so this will spur me on to be good! I do have a huge amount to lose and am seeing my doctor next week and will then have a retest of my fasting blood sugars to see if I am out of the prediabetic range – fingers crossed. I do however have an immense amount to lose!

• posted by Jill177
    on

Newbie here!
    At the end of the first week, I have lost 5 lbs.
    I’m quite pleased with that. I was hoping to lose more after reading some of the posts on here. OTOH, I can’t remember the last time I lost 5 lbs in a week. πŸ™‚

I think I need to actually be more accurate at counting calories. I have been having a bircher (?SP) for breakfast, half a tub of humus for lunch with salad, then some some meat and veggies (usually a stir fry or some salad ) for my evening meal with perhaps an apple as a snack, during the day. and water. Lots of water! I have had 1 glass of wine during the week. But I haven’t actually recorded amounts.

I do have a lot to lose, but I’m sure I will get there.

Please log in or register to post a reply.