'Weigh in' thread

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hey Izzy,
    You are doing great and read Pam1954’s post. She lost nothing for two weeks and now started dropping again!!
    ๐Ÿ’œ

• posted by Izzy
    on

Yes it seems to happen to lots of us I’m lucky so far though as I’ve never past my official weigh in day without a loss but it could happen and I know to stick with it.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Izzy
    Know what you mean, I went the whole 8 weeks losing regularly then plateaued on week 10 ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
    Started losing again week 11 and still going down ๐Ÿ™‚
    I looked on it kindly and regarded it as my body taking a rest before the next big push, keeps me sane anyway ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Izzy
    on

Good plan Bill if we are doing what we should with the food, then there is little else we can do to control it, an element of acceptance is needed really. It’s got to be a long term change for us.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Nail on the head Izzy
    the thing is, with most diets you feel like you’re missing out on the “nice” things. I’ve never felt that way on this one which is why I started calling it a new lifestyle rather than a diet.
    I can watch people eating loads of what I used to think was lovely food and it doesn’t bother me one iota now.
    I just can’t see me ever going back to eating that way. I’m more than happy as I am now ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Thanks Pam and Bill for speaking B to the plateaus as it will really assist when I hit mine. That’s the hardest time for me.
    Right now I am really focusing on how much healthier I am in less than 3 weeks and thinking of the weightloss as a great side element.
    Blood sugar down to normal
    Had to buy 2 size smaller shirts
    And today, best of all, tummy seems healed!! This is huge for me!!

I stood weighing daily since many wanted of plateaus as seeing even .5 lb loss a week is better than freaking out due to no weight loss daily when it happens.

We also bought a little scale to take on our trip just to keep on track of everything.

One funny note: when I got the two size smaller shirts I also got 2 size smaller undies as mine were way too big after just two weeks on the diet. The two size smaller ones were SUPER TIGHT as all get out but I wore them and two days later (today) they fit!!! I am shocked. I measured because I couldn’t believe in and I lost another inch on my hips so all around still melting – yippee!

• posted by Athorn223
    on

@happylife I’m in the middle of my second week on this diet and I’m wearing underwear that hasn’t fit in years lol I’m so glad I kept them. 10 lbs down on 800. Bringing my total weight loss to 37 lbs since I started my journey. I’ve had 2 babies in 2 years and I feel incredible. I’ve finally reached my pre baby weight!!

• posted by Brazil_nut
    on

Finished the first week on this diet and lost 6lbs, very pleased as this has NEVER happened to me on the first week of a diet before! Normally I don’t lose anything or at most 1-2lbs (and it comes off the second week). wondering what will happen at next week’s weigh in, whether it will be a very small loss. I know it won’t be 6lbs again, I am presuming most of that must be water? Still, hugely motivating to keep going!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

It can carry on past week 1, remembering back I’m sure I lost 7 week 1 and 9 week 2, I know my son in law did that too
    It’s all down to how much you need to lose and how your metabolism is.
    The weight does keep coming off bar the odd plateau but you wont see the same sort of results as in the first couple of weeks.

• posted by Pam1954
    on

Thanks, HappyLife. The posts on here really boost our confidence, don’t they? I think what we need to remember, when the scale seems stuck with superglue for over a week, is that we are probably still losing visceral fat off our internal organs and even if we aren’t doing that, the good food we are having – and the lack of bad food – is still doing us good, unlike some of the weird diets we may have tried in the past.

• posted by Brazil_nut
    on

Thanks Bill. I need to lose at least 2 stone. I am trying to keep up the 3l a day of liquid, which can be hard, particularly those days where I am out of the house. Also trying to walk a lot.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Yes Pam, great thoughts re at least we are eating well and might be losing visceral fat! I can’t wait to lose liver fat also and shock my doctor who is a pretty negative thinking person unlike me. ๐Ÿ˜€ That will be fun and for every one of us who succeeds and edicDtes our doctors we will be able to have them help more people like us as well. ๐Ÿ’œ

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Wow that’s great Athorn!! Congrats on all your success!! ๐ŸŒท

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hi Bill, so true!! Thanks for the reminders!!
    I hadn’t lost weight the past three days so measured my waist and had lost another inch!

• posted by Marcus B
    on

Good morning lovely weigh-in thread people ๐Ÿ™‚

5 weeks done and 22 lbs gone from a starting weight of 222 lbs.

I really should have bought a tape measure before I started this. The lard is coming off more slowly now (I’ve even seen my weight go back up a couple of times) but I could swear my body is changing shape quite dramatically… and for the better.

Happy days ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Whalleyrange
    on

Hi everyone, well its the end of week 8 for me and today the weight is 105.2 kg. I started at an insulin resistant 120.2 kg so that’s 15 kg (or 2 stone 5 pounds in old money). That’s 13% reduction in body weight. Even more encouraging is the 5 1/2 inches lost from the belly (started at 50 inches), 2 1/2 from chest and 2 inches from the thighs, so 12 inches of my body has disappeared (hopefully never to return).
    I also started to take my BS levels for the past 3 weeks and my fasting levels have never been higher than 6, pre dinner 5.7 and post dinner 6.2. Looking at the guidance that puts me in the normal range for non diabetic.
    The weight loss over the last few weeks did slow down but remained steady at about 1 1/2 kg. Went through some issues with constipation and at times very cold fingers and toes but these passed and so left feeling healthier, happier and more confident.
    Although the diet is an 8 week program I still need to lose more inches from the belly as my waist to hip ratio is 1 which is still high risk.So I’ll carry on and try to hit the 100 kg mark and get the hip/waist ratio below 1.
    Keep inspiring me people.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Welcome to the veterans club Whalleyrange!
    And congratulations on your successes before you know it you will be posting on the 16 weeks line! ๐Ÿ™‚

Which reminds me . . . .

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Hi Whalleyrange,
    Great weight loss. Well done. My experience of cold sensations is similar to yours and i have lost 6 inches from my tummy but still have a way to go yet. Feel great that I have lost the permanently-pregnant look. It’s not a good look….and one I’ve had for years.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Wow amazing Whalleyrange!! Cheers to you and thanks for being an inspiration!!!
    You give me hope!’
    ๐Ÿ’œ

• posted by chubbypenguin
    on

Starting again!! Current weight 10st3 (5ft2 female) just aiming for 9st! The last time I didn this I lost about 1lb every 2 days so hoping for similar or better (was more carb based last time!) hoping after this I can get running again!

One thing I’ve found with getting ‘bunged up’ is physillium husk capsules – can buy from Holland and barret and super useful if it becomes a problem.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi everyone, End of week 6 for me, down 800gms. Total weight lost 6.8 kgs.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Today starts week 3 so here’s my week 1 and week 2 stats so far.
    Overall is 12 lbs and 9.5 inches lost ๐Ÿ˜„

๐ŸŒทWeekly weigh ins๐ŸŒท
    Week 1 – 9 lb lost
    4.5 inches
    Week 2 – 3 lb lost
    5 inches lost

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi everyone

At end of week 21.

Another 3 pounds gone, total now 49 pounds ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by Jandz100
    on

Hi everyone

Weighed in a day early as going out for alcoholic drinks this afternoon ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Anyway, end of week 10 and after my plateau last week it’s another 2.6 lb loss this week.

Pretty happy with this as I was out for dinner on Wednesday, and while I had steak and veg, I also had some carbs. My plan was to enjoy it, have a few chips etc if I wanted them but leave the majority of the carbs on my plate and it worked!

• posted by DemiMondaine
    on

Week 2 weigh in and I’ve lost 2kg. Keep reminding myself that’s 4lb so not bad at all.

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

DemiMondaine – 2kg is more than 4lbs. 4.4 to be precise, since 1kg is 2.2 lbs!

I am on here to report a milestone for me. 93kg at my heaviest, got down to 80.8 and lapsed a bit. But I can today report after a few days back on the stricter 800BSD rather than the looser low carb approach, that I am now down to 79.8kg – not much difference but I am really pleased because psychologically 70 something kilos sounds so much better than 80 or 90 something kilos.
    Julia

• posted by sugarfree
    on

12.5 weeks in..2 stones down as of today. Now weigh 9 st 11lbs. Super happy..havent given up..very much a part of normal life now the bsd..delighted. also free from general aches and pains plus my allergies have eased. Only time I struggle is with hormones !! This is a lovely forum..

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Great results sugarfree. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by Lise
    on

Just finished week 2 and have lost just under 5kgs and my husband has lost 5 kg. I got the tape measure out and have lost 8cm from my waist. I am more than thrilled with that! We have 4 weeks until a big overseas trip so here is to a big effort between now and then.

• posted by Athorn223
    on

End of my 2nd week 10 lbs down for a total of 38 lbs since I started my weight loss journey. 39 lbs to go and I’ll be at my goal weight.

• posted by bigP
    on

16th May 2016 – 96.3kg – 212lbs – 15st 2lbs – BMI 29.7 – 6th week of BSD800 done
    Weekly loss 2.1kg – 4.6lbs

Loss so far:
    Since June 2014 – 44.3kg – 98lbs – 7st
    Since 1st March 2016 – 27.5kg – 61lbs – 4st 5lbs
    Since 4th April 2016 (beginning of BSD800) – 14.2kg – 31lbs – 2st 3lbs

Target Complete – 97kg – 214lbs – 15st 4lbs – BMI 29.9 – when I reach this it will I will finally be in the Overweight BMI range instead of Obese

Current Target – 93.8kg – 207lbs – 14st 11lbs – BMI 29 – when I reach this I will have lost 30kg since 1st March 2016

• posted by BabsG
    on

End of first week and I am 6.5lbs down. So I’m very happy.

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Have been reading the forums for a while and finally decided to get going on 8 weeks today. I think keeping a record it will help, even once every now and again. Love all the happy weight loss, healthy-feeling or trouser-fitting stories and they are definitely going to inspire me.

I have been steadily been putting on weight for the last two years and for the first time ever around my belly and waist and I’ve had enough of it. I’m heavier than I’ve ever been and though nobody believes me when I say I’ve put on weight, I think now I am over 13 stone (the last time I weighed myself I was, so probably more now). Think I will go by how clothes fitting than weight as it would demoralise me too much to weigh myself now I think. I’ve tried a good few times to stop it but nothing has been working long enough to make a difference and I am definitely too attached to sugar even though I eat very healthy food along with the sugar. It’s funny when I look back and think of the no tummy I had for years (though never skinny!), I wonder why I didn’t appreciate it at the time and stop going on about the other not so perfect bits. So when I am finished this 8 weeks and am fitting into stuff better, I’m going to appreciate it every day. And until then I am going to appreciate all the working bits of me that I am lucky to have, and the chance to get healthier!

I am always full of good intentions on a Monday – new start of a whole new week ๐Ÿ™‚ We’ll see in a few days time… I’m a bit scared about going from eating sugary snacks every day in work to nothing and am hoping I am not constantly grumpy. Also wary of what people will say because even though they wouldn’t be happy at 13 stone+ and heading towards possible health problems, for some reason they think it’s ok if I am and don’t like when I start saying I want to lose weight and do something about it. But have committed now and that’s it.

I have one question for the regulars: some of the dinner recipes in the book seem to use up about 3/4 of the 800 calories for the day – does that mean we are sometimes meant to skip one meal at least? How do you all get on with the gaps between meals so, and the whole day basically without anything? I thought there would be more about the fasting in the book but there wasn’t, so I’m wondering now. Other times I’ve tried to cut down on what I was eating, I failed quicker if I left big gaps between eating – like 5 hours are more. Are we meant to spread the 800 calories over the whole day or does it just not matter as eating well with the food we eat?
    Thanks for any tips! :-))

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Especially

Welcome to the family.

I’d got to the stage where everything I ate included bread. I used to panic if food wasn’t readily available when I was out.

I started the BSD on a Saturday- works better for me.

Just finished 21 weeks and it’s become a habit, a new way of life. From always being on the lookout for food, I now only eat breakfast and an evening meal – I’m not hungry inbetween.

When you read the posts you’ll see some eat three times a day, some twice, some snack, some don’t. I’d suggest cutting carbs, sticking to 800 calories, eating full fat products and drinking lots of water. I’ve been overweight for over 50 years and have to say this is the first plan I’ve found to be sustainable. And don’t worry what others say – you’re doing this for you and your health.

Hope this helps.

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Thanks for that comment CaptainLynne ๐Ÿ™‚ Maybe I was making it too complicated – will stick to the principles in the book and see how I get on. Wow, would love to not get hungry during the day, (while eating well othertimes). I used to joke that I would like one of those astronaut tablets as find it annoying looking for healthy food during a short lunchtime and then of course there’s avoiding the chocolate!! ๐Ÿ™‚

I hope to follow in your footsteps soon!

• posted by Stacey
    on

Quick question guys. When counting your daily carbs are you counting all carns or just sugars? I’m eating lots of salad and veg as I need the bulk to feel full but I find veg is taking me over 50gs a day.

• posted by Bruno
    on

Hi Epspecially,
    Just read your post.
    I’m now over 3 months in and find this really easy, I’ve lost around 43 pounds.
    You say you won’t weigh yourself, I’d suggest you should then you can see where you are. I lost 12 pounds in my first week and that really motivated me. Also lots of folk weigh themselves every day but I weigh myself once a week, that way I’m not seeing ounces lost or worse still my weigh staying the same or going up which I find it can do day to day.
    This website and these forums are great, lots of good advice and help.
    Like captainlynne says, stick to the 800 calories a day, you’ll find the food cravings disappear.
    Good luck with your new way of life.

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Bruno
    Well done. Great loss & sound advice.

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Epspecially
    Welcome. Do this for you & never mind anyone else’s comments.
    Re-read the book & mark it & write in the margins. Make a list of food you like & new food you’re willing to try. Write down when you are the most hungry. Is it breakfast? Lunch? Split your calories accordingly. As you progress you will control the hunger. Eliminate the simple carbs – potatoes, rice, pasta & bread & the hunger subsides. You break the cycle & lower the insulin production you need to cope with the carb overload.
    Try & learn about diabetes ( if you are type 2) & the way your body processes carbs. Knowledge is power. The more you know, the easier & more motivation you have to change. Leave your ‘friends’ to their ignorance.

Check out the Forums. Look at the Topic titles – they tell you the content/problem, & then read the answers.
    Keep a food diary either paper or app. It helps. Drink lots – 2 – 3 litres daily. It gets the metabolism going & helps everything.
    Do this for you

• posted by Christine Denise
    on

Was starting to fantasise about a chip buttie but had 6 week weigh in today. 23lbs lost. I was hoping for 21lbs in 8 weeks so motivated again now. Lots more to lose so will keep going. Went into town and bought trousers and top in a smaller size, fit beautifully. Tomorrow I will try on all my too small clothes then admire myself in the mirror.

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Stacey
    I count all carbs, not just the sugars. I used to eat at least 5 pieces of fruit per day and pile my plate high with veges, but I’m more selective now and limit my intact to keep under the 50g. I’m in Australia and downloaded the EasyDietDiary app which calculates everything for you; carbs, sugars, sodium, calcium etc. I check everything and was really surprised at the carb content of some things I thought were healthy.
    I’ve lost 7 kg in the first 3 weeks and weigh in tomorrow for the end of week 4.
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Izzy
    on

morning all ๐Ÿ™‚

well I’ve just finished week 4, and I’ve lost just over 1/2 lb this week. total weight loss 11. Lower than most but I’m still happy enough. It will keep coming off ๐Ÿ™‚

Congrats to all on the losses, and any plateau-ers… hang in there!

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Thanks for the inspiration Bruno and Eureka and to all the rest of you with the great weight loss stories!

Reading the various threads it’s all really interesting to hear everyone. Was good to hear that other people found calories different in the recipes in the book as that made me a bit annoyed when I noticed the difference in Myfitnesspal last night – think it was mostly lack of carb irritation :-)))) On the plus side I had the really delicious feta and courgette salad from the book recipes – with raspberries – was really tasty.

I know what you mean Bruno and decided to weigh myself this morning because as you said it might spur me on when numbers go down (hopefully!) As suspected, weigh good bit more than the last time I checked – just coming up to 14 stone :-(. Couldn’t believe it but there you go and more evidence that I need to do this properly. I don’t have diabetes but need to do something to keep it that way I’d say.

Feeling a bit deflated today. Not even hungry, just flat feeling and light head despite probably getting more nutrition than usual I’d say :-(. But will just get through work today – it’s only the second day and you all sound like things improve very soon! Have sauerkraut and salmon for lunch and radishes and 3 brazil nuts for snacks. Don’t want to be wishing days away but just maybe for the first few :-))

I really hope this works!!

• posted by Fatty
    on

Hello Especially and welcome,

I have read a couple of your posts and it occurs to me that the symptoms and behaviour – easting wise – that you speak of sound suspiciously likely own carb addiction and the things it did to me in the beginning.

KEEP GOING… Promise you it will be worth it…

To be honest I was struggling for a couple of week at the start – but by the end of the 8 weeks had lost count of which week I was in and now at 12 or so weeks it has all become a way of life…

I am currently living Germany so walking past those HUGE bakeries with all their carb treats was TORTURE… and the smell of them still gets to me – BUT – I have tried a couple of carbs and they really made me feel AWFULL…. since not having them for so long… headaches, gut aches – the whole 9 yards… FYI the latest researchers are finding evidence that Sugar ( which is what low quality carbs are) is 8 Times more addictive than cocaine – Thats what your fighting!!!!… few more days and you will start to taste freedom .
    Keep up the good work

Fatty (still a Bit!!!)

• posted by Epspecially
    on

thanks Fatty ๐Ÿ™‚ Currently dreaming about German rye bread yuuuum.

But yes, Taste the Freedom – I like that and will repeat all day!! :-))))

• posted by Bruno
    on

Hi Epspecially,
    Don’t be disheartened with your current weight , it’s best to know where you are. It’ll start to go down from now on and get a lot easier to adapt to this new way of eating.
    When I started I was the heaviest I’d ever been. I found the first week was the hardest because of the change in diet plus my other half continuing to eat as she wanted. To be fair she has helped me a bit, on week 2 she chopped a stick of celery for me ๐Ÿ˜€.
    When I weighed at the end of the first week and had lost 12lb, I was amazed as I didn’t feel any lighter.
    It took me a few weeks before my clothes began to feel loose, but I think I’d outgrown most of them anyway.
    No longer a diet it’s now a way of life, I’ve still got a couple of stones to shift but feeling so much better.
    Keep at it.
    Bruno.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

It’s not weigh in day yet but I am in shock. It’s week 3 day 4 and in 17 days I have lost 15 lbs with 3 in the last 3 days.
    It’s a lifestyle already like so many have said.
    I do notice that I eat less carbs than most as I eat about 30-35 a day when I check my daily logs. It seems it works for me.
    Week 2 the scale went up and down all week but I lost 3 lbs in the end.
    Fingers crossed this all keeps me sane so I remember it works when the plateaus hit. ๐Ÿ’œ

• posted by Stacey
    on

its been 2 weeks back on BSD 800 and I am 5kgs lighter . I have a total weightloss of 7.5kgs since starting at the beginning of April, that 10% of my body mass. For the first time in a few years I am Obese 1 instead of Obese 2. Only 3kgs more and I will be overweight. Had a catch up with girlfriends today and got my first comments on how good I am looking. Pulled some clothes out from before I had my baby. I can’t get any of my skinny jeans done up but I could get them on. Before I couldn’t get them past my thighs. My husband works away and will be home in another week, I can’t wait for him to see the results.

• posted by barby
    on

I have lost another 3 pounds this week, I am 1 pound off losing 10% of my body weight.

This is truly amazing for me, because last weekend I “fell off the wagon”. Last Saturday I was eating chocolate bars mindlessly, and next day I had omelette and chips, and toast.

So Monday I just got calmly back to normal BSD without beating myself up mentally, I have been very strict for 3 days (under 30 carbs).

I’m going out to a pub meal tonight, so have found they do goats cheese salad, I’ll have that without the potatoes, and black coffee for desert.

Normally when I eat badly, that just triggers an almighty binge for months, I still can’t quite believe the sense of empowerment I have.

• posted by orchid
    on

Well done Barby….. looking forward to the email with 10% achieved ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.