'Weigh in' thread

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Tibetan
    It’s nerve wracking til you do it. Then it’s easier than you thought.
    I agree with judith, start now and on holiday just avoid the obvious carbs.
    Good luck
    Penny

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Brazilnut
    The first 3 days are hard. Then it’s easy. It’s because you have been burning carbs up to now. Now you’re switching to fat burning which takes a few days for your body to achieve. You have to make different enzymes for the fat burning.
    I agree with Bill more fat in your diet would be good.
    Best of luck
    Penny

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Stacey
    I weigh daily too. MM says people have better results if they do- anyway, why wait!!
    Penny

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Barby
    If it’s any help- MM says exercise isn’t very important for losing weight- in fact some one on the forums was immobilised with a bad knee and still lost- but it is important for keeping weight off once you’re at your target weight.
    Good luck
    Penny

• posted by Stacey
    on

day 4 – 74.7kgs
    Total loss 3kgs /6.6lbs in 4 days ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m ready for the slow down to hit!

• posted by LMS
    on

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate the feedback. 14 – 16 hour fasting does work.

• posted by NewLife
    on

Hi everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

I haven’t been around much for the last couple of weeks, life has been challenging and I’ve had no spare time or energy, but settling down a bit now thankfully.

I’ve been plodding on, now 7.5 weeks in and 21.5 lbs down. Very very pleased ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi NewLife, what wonderful results! And you will soon be joining us on 8 weeks and after thread! Congratulations ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Kes
    on

Well, that’s me over the 8 week mark and there’s 1st 4lb less of me and 1st 2lb less of him! We’ve not been as good as we could be, nor as good as I wanted us to be but nonetheless very happy with what we’ve achieved and like others will continue on the path until we reach our goals.

This last week I’ve said goodbye to 15st and, in the 8 weeks I’ve seen off 16st well and truly, next short term goal is to see 13st13lb and I can wave goodbye to 14st something too. The remarkable thing is I know I can do it now, this diet makes it all possible.

Thanks again to everyone for the encouragement, inspiration and company, you’re all stars.

• posted by Fatty
    on

Hi Switzerland

You so often speak(or write) exactly my experience I too always thought I was a hopeless case with no will power. STAND UP CARB ADDICTS!!! Wow. No more feeling like I just cannot stop eating. I simply -for the first time I can remember in my life- feel satisfied

Keep it up

Cheers. Fatty few clothes. ( few left that fit!!!)

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Congratulations Kes and welcome to the veterans club!!! And well done on what you have both achieved! ๐Ÿ™‚

Isn’t it great to see those stones numbers coming down? It’s a real thrill! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Fatty I told you you would have to change your name soon lol!!!

What about ‘few fatty clothes’ at the moment? Until it is ‘only skinny clothes for me’

Congratulations on your journey so far!! : )

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Thank you Fatty. I’ve thought long and hard about it and the times in my life when I’ve been the correct weight I ate a low carb diet (I didn’t know it at the time!) Reflection is an interesting process! Best wishes for your journey.

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Kes- well done both of you. Isn’t this the best diet ever!
    Penny

• posted by Fatty
    on

Hashimoto my dear
    I am tuff when it comes To name calling ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜˜
    I am an old psychiatric nurse and midwife who grew up on a sheep station with four older brothers. So……..,You can call me whatever you like. Hahaha. But I like your thinking. – Positive names are always good though.
    ๐ŸŒžโœจ
    And Switzerland best of neutral luck to you too X. ๐Ÿ€
    Fatty with less boombah!!

• posted by thepolly
    on

Over a stone gone now after about a week of no losses :D, it’s going slowly

• posted by HappyLife
    on

thepolly – Hang in there – – you are moving on the right path again!! ๐Ÿ™‚

My Update:
    Week 2 – Day 1
    Lost 9 lbs. in first week
    BS down 33 pts!!
    Inches Lost: 4.25 Total (Waist 1.5 Hips 2.75)
    Still having tummy issues at times – figuring that out soon hopefully….

• posted by NewLife
    on

Thanks hash, I can’t wait to be an 8-weeker (Monday!) – nothing will change because I’m continuing for another few weeks on 800 but it feels like a big psychological ‘thing’.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Checking in at the end of week 20.

Another 3 pounds lost. Total weight loss now 52 pounds.

• posted by Jandz100
    on

Have hit my first plateau at week 9….bloody hormones have a lot to answer for!!

Wouldn’t mind if I hadn’t been active all week rather than the usual sitting on my butt all day at work

S – cleaned the kitchen within an inch of its life
    M – walked round shopping centre for 5 hours
    T – did 10,000 steps, all the ironing, then painted the hallway
    W – gardening for 4 hours then 1 hour walk
    T – heavy gardening for 6 hours
    F – 2 hour walk

• posted by Bill1954
    on

You know I can’t remember if I’m on week 13 or 14, getting old ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Anyhow another 2 pounds gone to put me on 14 stones 2 pounds, just over 2 pounds to go until my weight starts with 13, and another milestone reached, 2 and a half stone gone ๐Ÿ˜€
    I may not reach my 13 and a half stone target by my holiday in June, but I’m going to get close to it ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by JoannC
    on

3 weeks in and lost 10.5 lbs so pleased with that, not diabetic but big round the middle, and a family history of diabetes. Need to lose 6 stones in total to have a healthy BMI.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Bill that makes two of us. I’m not sure if I hit 16 weeks last tuesday or the coming tuesday : )

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Wow that’s great Bill!! Congrats!!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Wow I am in shock! I had hoped to lose a pound today but I lost 3! That makes 12 pounds in 8 days and I even had to eat out twice the past two days.
    My new eat out goal is just have a small salad with added crab or salmon or some sort of fish.
    I can’t believe it! My adrenaline is still high from weighing in ten minutes ago b
    I am melting and in a good way!!!
    Even my tummy issues seem better today!
    Wishing you all the best always!!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

LMAO Judith we’re like 2 peas in a wrinkled old pod ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Great Bill. Was going to say I hope you’re going somewhere nice, but realised it must be otherwise you’d not be going ๐Ÿ˜ณ Just think how much better you’re going to feel ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Well done on setting yourself these goals along the way. Soon be another one ticked off๐Ÿ˜ƒ

HappyLife. Great result. Just goes to show eating out needn’t be the problem we think it is on BSD

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Thanks Captain Lynne! I admit I was worried but figured it out somehow!!

Happy day to you!!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Bill, people are going to start thinking your wife has a new partner lol. Especially if you go back to the same holiday spot!!! : )

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi LMS
    You can turn that off on MFP so it doesn’t give you extra calories for excercise
    Penny

• posted by HappyLife
    on

In shock here. Day 9 morning weigh on and I have lost 12 lbs and 2 shirt sizes and many inches.
    I call this melting and love it so far…

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi happylife,congratulations on so much melting ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Thanks Hashimoto! All the advice and support you and others gives is amazing and well appreciated!
    Have a happy day!!

• posted by TrishaDawn
    on

One thing I’ve noticed about my ups and downs with this diet is how small an amount of weight I gain when I lose the plot for a few days.

I felt pretty anxious weighing myself this morning knowing I’d had a total blowout twice this past week as well as a Mother’s day breakfast yesterday. I did manage to pull myself together for the rest of the day, but I was really relieved to find I’d only put on 200 grams.

I was amazed, I was almost too scared to get on the scales. I know that a bit of self discipline will have that off in no time. Now I only have a family barbecue to negotiate on Wednesday, which shouldn’t be too hard. Saying no to a slice of delicious birthday cake might be beyond me though.

• posted by Stacey
    on

Totally agree TrishDawn. on any other diet a deviation would mean weeks of effort to regain losses but I find on this eating plan its quicker to lose than gain. It is so inspiring to make me what to carry on rather than give in. I gave in to mothers day breakfast, skipped lunch, ate a healthy dinner but snuck in a few squares of choc and a small red wine. no weight gain! will be strict again from today.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Wow paddy57 you are doing amazingly!!! That’s great!!

Day 9 today and down 12.8 lbs so far….

Thanks for all your inspiration!!
    ๐Ÿ’œ

• posted by Hawks
    on

82.5 kg

So a slight gain of 0.5 kg, but considering I pretty much took a week off that’s OK.

• posted by FARQUHAR
    on

Hello Meggy61, I have a rebounder in my lounge room, I jump on that while watching TV, have a sip of water at the ad breaks and keep jogging through the TV shows, seems to work for me, and helps keep up to the 10k steps .

cheers,
    Beth

• posted by hashimoto
    on

A big welcome to all new starters! You have all made the right decision, this diet really improves your health as well as causing weight loss. There are lots of friendly people on these forums who can offer support and advice.

Good luck to each and everyone of you ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by lauren
    on

Just stepped on the scales and was very happy to see another 3.5 lbs gone ๐Ÿ™‚ only 1 more little lb needs to come off and I’ll hit the 2 stone mark!

However for me the biggest achievement is that I’ve been on this journey for 6 weeks in a row. I can’t remember the last time I stuck to a ‘diet’ for that long – I’m one of those people who would be doing well, then fall off the wagon, binge, and decide that I needed to start a fresh the following Monday. There were some weeks where it would all go wrong on a Monday evening, and my perfectionist brain would write off the whole week (typical catastrophic thinking) and so I would eat whatever I wanted that week, and struggle even harder to get back on track the following Monday. I became so focused on my average weekly weight loss over the course of the diet, and that if I had a bad week I had to start again as that would drag it down, that I completely lost track of the bigger picture and the fact that life does not reset to day 1 every time you decide to start again next week! Life just keeps going in the background, and as you can imagine this was a very destructive downward spiral!! Actually to the point where I haven’t even tried to lose weight for a few years, and had pretty much written off any chances of ever being at a healthy weight.

When I started the BSD I told myself that all I had to do was attempt the plan for 8 weeks, with no expectations of how much I had to lose or how rigidly I had to adhere to the guidelines. I just had to try my best, and learn to pick myself up and keep going when I hit bumps in the road (I found posting my start date and weekly updates in my profile kept me accountable, even if nobody else actually looks at it, so I would recommend doing that). Six weeks in I can’t tell you how liberating this has been for me and, as usually is the case, when you switch your mind off it’s obsession with when you’re next going to ‘fail’ it’s actually much easier to focus and just get on with things… This is the rest of our lives, so one ‘bad’ meal / day / week are insignificant. If we’re a bit nicer to ourselves and keep slowly going in the right direction we’ll get there soon enough ๐Ÿ™‚ and in a much happier state than if we constantly beat ourselves up about our ‘failings’!

• posted by Purplepenguin
    on

Snap Lauren I also lost 3.5 lbs this week a bit farther on than you as this is the beginning of week two second time around but so echo what you said. I get nervous on those scales but its been down every week and I am so so thrilled by the fact that I will have gone down three jeans sizes by next week as my present ones are falling off so a belt has been invested in. Steady as we go this is soooo exciting!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Carolg
    on

End of week 12.
    Lost 2 lb this week for a grand total of 2 stone 12 lbs.
    Yesterday I thought I was going to make the 3 stone mark as only 0.25lb to go – but no ended up a 1.25lb heavier.
    I should know better as am used to these ups and downs by now. Well there is always next week ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Hi Everyone
    Looked at this thread….. Carolg/ Purplepenguin/ Lauren the three latest posts……congratulations to them and of course everyone else.
    Weigh in day Week 14 and nearly 2 stone lost…….just that pesky pound to remove. Then another stone to go before I reach my healthy weight.
    Feel healthier already.
    Weight down, Blood sugar level down and Blood pressure down…….what’s not to like???

Keep on track. Best of luck to all BSD followers everywhere.

• posted by Patsy
    on

Congratulations to all those who’re doing well.

Just 1 lb off for me this week.

I can tell I’m getting closer to where I want to be though as the shorts which I could barely do up at the end of last summer now fit comfortably and so do the summer dresses which were far too tight.

• posted by SunnyLife
    on

Three weeks

25 pounds!!
    3 inches lost from waist
    fastings from mid 150’s to about 110

• posted by bigP
    on

Male, UK – 180cm tall – 35yrs old

June 2014 – 140.6kg – 310lbs – 22st 2lbs – BMI 43.4 – I have been obese since I was a teenager, but this was my biggest by far
    October 2014 – 118kg – 260lbs – 18st 8lbs – BMI 36.4 – lost during Fit for Life course, eating better and walking A LOT
    1st March 2016 – 123.8kg – 273lbs – 19st 7lbs – BMI 38.2 – stopped the healthy living for a long while, but luckily didn’t go back to my previous high, was planning to try the BSD800, but decided to start the Exante VLC diet instead as it seemed easier to follow
    29th March 2016 – 111kg – 245 lbs – 17st 7lbs – BMI 34.3 – Exante diet worked, but was a killer mentally, as it just made me crave food in the worst way possible. 4 weeks was more than enough for me
    4th April 2016 – 110.5kg – 244lbs – 17st 6lbs – BMI 34.1 – decided to take a week off before starting the BSD800 diet, stuck to around 1200-1500 calories for the week
    11th April 2016 – 107.5kg – 237lbs – 16st 13lbs – BMI 33.2- 1st week of BSD800 done
    18th April 2016 – 104.9kg – 231lbs – 16st 7lbs – BMI 32.4 – 2nd week of BSD800 done
    25th April 2016 – 102.7kg – 226lbs – 16st 2lbs – BMI 31.7 – 3rd week of BSD800 done
    2nd May 2016 – 100.2g – 221lbs – 15st 11lbs – BMI 30.9 – 4th week of BSD800 done
    9th May 2016 – 98.4kg – 217lbs – 15st 7lbs – BMI 30.4 – 5th week of BSD800 done

Loss so far:
    Since June 2014 – 42.2kg – 93lbs – 6st 9lbs
    Since 1st March 2016 – 25.4kg – 56lbs – 4st
    Since 4th April 2016 (beginning of BSD800) – 12.2kg – 27lbs – 1st 13lbs

Current target – 97kg – 214lbs – 15st 4lbs – BMI 29.9 – when I reach this it will I will finally be in the overweight BMI range instead of obese

• posted by Fatty
    on

BigP

You are my new hero… substantial weight loss takes so much dedication, strength and endurance……. go you!!!!

Fatty

• posted by Izzy
    on

Mooooorning awesome BSD’ers ๐Ÿ™‚

My morning weigh in is 2.2 lb’s lost this week and I will be totally happy if it continues at 2/week. My total loss is 10.2 lb’s in 3 weeks. Slower than many but I’m kinda used to that. Every diet I’ve ever lost anything with has been slower for me than others, but ya know this is still fast! I’ll keep going, and I still have 5 weeks left so should be well over a stone gone by the end (I say the end but I will likely keep going after week 8)

Congrats to everyone else on their losses ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Pam1954
    on

After 2 weeks of no weight loss I have now started to lose again – 2 lbs in last 3 days. Weight loss so far is 19 lb, or 11% of my total weight. It’s been slow, but this is a diet for life. No more ‘whites’ – bread, pasta etc. I don’t even miss them. If I crave a Bolognese sauce, it’s with courgetti. BMI is down to 30, which makes me overweight rather than obese. Target: BMI 25 or less. I am no longer pre-diabetic. Thank you, Doctor Michael.

Hubby, who has type 2 diabetes, refused to start the BSD but has more or less defaulted to it, apart from treating himself to potatoes once a week. He doesn’t weigh himself or test his blood sugar unless he feels unwell, but he has a lot more energy and he he’s had to donate a lot of his clothes to charity shops as they are now too big.

I’ve had to donate quite a few of my clothes too. I don’t mind that, but I’m still mourning a pair of snazzy yellow denims, never worn, which went into the charity bag in February, because ‘obviously, I would never get into them’. This was just before I started the BSD…

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Pam1954 – 1954er here too!
    Congrats on starting to lose weight again as even more on hanging on through the last two weeks!! You have done amazing!!
    I love
    That you had to donate clothes and just plan on getting a special new pair of pants when you are at your goal weight or get one now to wear a while until they are too big!

Please log in or register to post a reply.