'Weigh in' thread

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Penny, check out your fat measurements – it’s lovely to add the descending figures to you data collection!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by AnnaandAlfie
    on

Week 2 done and another 4 pounds off – so chuffed. I’m only weighing weekly on a Sunday morning. Loving all the support on all the forums but sometimes get lost on where to find a previous thread!
    Good luck everyone for the coming week๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• posted by Janet1973
    on

That’s brilliant annaandalfie, you are doing really well!

If you know some of the words in the thread you want, put them into the search box at the top, that should take you to it.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Agreed penny!

• posted by Janet1973
    on

I also have scales that measure fat, water content, muscle, etc. I stopped using them as the readings can get quite bizarre. For instance, first thing in the morning, the readings look really bad because you haven’t been hydrating through the night. The readings are better in the evening, but of course, then you haven’t really got an empty stomach or the same baseline every day. I decided they just upset me so I just stick with the scales and the ketostix now. Oh yes – I got my first 8 on the ketotix last night!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Amazing that we celebrate our keto readings – but we do!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ They’re wonderful, especially if you hit an 8! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by CallMeDeb
    on

Hello Sunshine!

I love reading this thread as it is so positive and inspirational! Well done all!

Week three…

Down another 4 lbs and another 0.5″ on the waist!

Total of 11.8 lbs and 2″ !!!

Pedicure is scheduled for Wednesday!

Very happy ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Deb

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Fantastic, Deb ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi judith
    I will as soon as I can work out how to do it. Haven’t done it for so long and can’t find the instructions! Google will know.
    Penny

• posted by Hawks
    on

Monday morning and 83 kg.
    Been at that weight for quite a while, so I thought I’d better join this thread and put it in writing so I can’t pretend it is different and that I am doing better. Scary stuff, record keeping.
    At least it isn’t going up. It’s also a lot better than when I was at my highest. That was around 25 kg higher…but 2.5 years so far on 5:2 then low carb 5:2 Med has meant the trend has been a mix of times with steady losses and times with a consistent weight. I tell myself that isn’t too bad. I don’t think I have gone up more than about 4 kg at any point during that time, despite a very carb and chocolate rich holiday.

• posted by Beverley
    on

104.2kg this morning – on the move downwards again! Yay ๐Ÿ™‚

And yesterday was the first day under 50g carbs so I’m happy about that too.

• posted by Purplepenguin
    on

Here comes week 7 and 13kg down hba1c test booked for three weeks time can’t wait ๐Ÿ™ƒ

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Purplepenguin and Beverley that’s good news from both of you! ๐Ÿ™‚

Should be good results from that test Pp!

• posted by Purplepenguin
    on

You are a complete star Hashimoto always encouraging us all and yes very excited about testโญ๏ธ

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Penny, Google will know where you put your instructions?? ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hawks, stick with it, we know plateaus are common even on this diet. I’ve read about the many times in the forums and mine lasted a week before I lost 4 and a half pounds last week. Go through your checklist, are you keeping a diary, getting enough water, fat and protein, cutting back on carbs and sweeteners. Can you get more exercise? Just one change can be enough to kick things off again

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Haha Janet.
    Google know everything!!
    Penny

• posted by Patsy
    on

Only 1 lb loss this week. Thought it might be worse though as I put weight on for two days running.

Haven’t been weighing stuff or counting calories and am obviously being a bit too generous with portion sizes. I’ll have a word with myself!

• posted by CaravanSue
    on

My first weigh in after 7 days and I have dropped from 86 to 79.2 thats a loss of 6.8 kgs also my fasting BGL has dropped from 8 to 6.2 woo hoo.

• posted by Patsy
    on

Excellent – well done!

• posted by Beverley
    on

Way to go PurplePenguin – 13kgs in 7 weeks – Yay! I’m hoping to match that, half way there on both counts. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Hawks
    on

83 again. Thanks, Janet1973. Those positive comments really help. I’ll keep on keeping on and review portion sizes. Exercise wise I have started a thread to help track that. I don’t remember about the diary so will review the book.

• posted by Sabrina77
    on

Morning All,

Beginning of week 8 & please to report that I have lost another 4lbs & now weigh 136lbs which is 10% of my starting weight (151lbs). I have stopped taking my metformin in the last week & blood sugars are between 4 – 6 mmol. Like some of the others I will continue on 800 calories until I reach my target weight of 110lbs.

• posted by Patsy
    on

Well done, Sabrina.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi Hawks, that’s good, you’ll get there. About the diary, I find it helps me to track everything – food and drink, weight loss, ketostix results, if I’ve got any diet related symptoms like carb flu, if I’m away so not eating as normal. It all helps give an idea of where the problem could lie if there is one, but also it makes you more mindful of drinking properly and of what you have eaten. And its good fun to look back on as usually I cant remember writing it!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Hawks, record keeping is scary atfirst but over time, as you see the improvements those records become your friend! And the time is short for seeing those improvements. Like janet I record everything!

You’ll. Get over your plateau soon ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by NewLife
    on

Hi everyone, I’m at the end of week 5 now and another 1lb lost making 17 in total. A pound is reasonable given that life has been happening all around me in a major way and consequently I’ve had rather more alcohol than I should. Hoping for a more settled week ahead.

Congrats to all, some lovely results above ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by MerryMary
    on

Hi all, haven’t been on the forums much. Working working working !!! I am so happy to report that I have now lost 4.5 kgs!! I am halfway through week 3. I am not finding this too tough which really surprises me. I know I have my head switched on and do get strong hunger pains but I just reach for a big drink of water and I’m ok again. I am eating really healthily and loving it. I’m not experiencing the sugar peaks and troughs and feel like my energy levels are much more even. I really am starting to believe that I will permanently drastically cut down on sugar from my diet. For the first time in my life I feel encouraged that this can be a permanent lifestyle change. I love Dr Michael Mosley ๐Ÿ˜ I am starting to fit into clothes I haven’t worn in years, and my work uniform is much more comfortable ๐Ÿ˜Š It is so encouraging to hear all your comments too. It really helps to know there is a global community of support

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Merrymary – good to see you back and hear of your successes! you are not alone in realising this is a diet you can stick to for life! I put on a jumper today that fitted 3 weeks ago, I’ve only lost a couple of pounds in that time so I am baffled as to why it is now too baggy!!? ๐Ÿ™‚

Newlife, 17 lbs in 5 weeks is really good! Wonder what you can do sans alcohol? ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Sabrina that is wonderful news about metformin and your blood sugars – and only at the beginning of week 8. This diet is a miracle!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by RodB
    on

Well done, Sabrina! At beginning of Week 8, my BGL is also consistently below 5.0 and now just take 50mg metformin in the evening. Having lost only 6kg in total, I hope to seriously consider going off metformin altogether if I lose another 20kg and reach BMI 25.

• posted by Sabrina77
    on

Thanks all, this diet is a lifesaver.

• posted by Sabrina77
    on

Thanks all, this diet is a literal lifesaver.

• posted by Beverley
    on

Down another 0.4kg in 2 days to 101.8kg (224.5lb) now. I made a mini-goal on Monday of trying to reach 100kg (220.5lb) by the end of next weekend. Total so far 21 days in: 8.2kg (18lb). It feels great to have lost over a stone! ๐Ÿ™‚

Well done CaravanSue! Don’t get disheartened if you don’t lose anything in the next week, it will pick up again after that. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi MerryMary – I agree, this diet is a life changer. I’ve read that it takes about three weeks to change a habit – the 8 weeks on this diet should definitely help us all turn our lives around and create those healthy eating habits we all need.

And I agree with Sabrina that it is a life saver too – that’s how I’m thinking about it even though I’m not diabetic (and won’t ever be now!) I know that I need this diet to turn around some other health issues.

• posted by TWills63
    on

Well if it were a race NewLife I would be winning but we know it isn’t! I’m down another 2lbs this week, making 19lbs in total. I’ve started keeping better track of my weight over the last couple of weeks (in fact I came back in here to check some) as I have been weighing twice a week so was confusing myself! another 25lbs would be great but I’d settle for another 15lbs.

Well done everyone, collective pats on backs I think.

• posted by georgiarose
    on

Help please. Hubby (non-diabetic) doing diet with me, week 8, 10 Kg loss each, just briefly blacked out. We have no sphygmomanometer, but blood sugar at 8.3, fairly normal he did have 4 coffees this morning and some cake (first time during diet).
    Has this happened to anyone else?
    He is lying done. Seems a bit better. Drinking water

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Georgiarose,
    Hubby needs to see his GP ASAP, something is going on with him to get a BS reading of 8.3 isn’t normal in a non diabetic so his body is under stress of some kind.
    There’s not enough info there for any of us to help you, but he needs some medical attention if blacking out. May just be a medication review due to his weight loss but better to get a check up now than an ambulance trip later.
    Best of luck with this

• posted by georgiarose
    on

Thanks Cherrieanne, Will organize a trip to a GP. Unfortunately not near our family doctor at home. Now he tells me he had 5 coffees and the bakery sweets at lunch time, instead of lunch. Will let you know how we go.

• posted by FoFi
    on

I’m finally overweight (BMI 29.8). What a relief, it did take a little longer than I hoped, 14.2kg down since 1st Feb, but with a 10 day sabbatical over Easter and another few days off up until last weekend. Back on full time now for a few more weeks.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Congratulations FoFi for saying goodbye to the obese level and entering the much nicer overweight level! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

I hope everything turns out ok for your hubby georgiarose, hopefully he won’t want to have 5 coffees plus cake and sweet stuff in one go instead of lunch again!

• posted by Marcus B
    on

Quick weigh in:

2 weeks – 9 kilos down from a starting weight of 101.

Very happy. Nothing came off at all for most of the last week, then suddenly 2.5 kilos waved goodbye.

Three more drops like that and I’ll be done ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Well done Marcus
    Isn’t it strange how weight comes off like that?
    It makes you wonder where it goes overnight, I’ve checked and it isn’t lying in my bed ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Well done Fofi, great boost for you and something to celebrate ๐Ÿ™‚
    Marcus those are fabulous results too ๐Ÿ™‚

Georgia rose, your poor hubby! Wonder what made him do that? Hope everything is ok and it’s down to too much sugar and caffeine in one hit. Let us know if he’s ok now please. What a worry for you when you aren’t near your own GP.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Marcus, that’s an amazing result for just two weeks! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Marcus B
    on

Cheers guys :)… you’re so right about the weight going overnight Bill, it seems like some sort of conjuring trick!

• posted by Hawks
    on

80.0 kg
    That’s three down from Monday, and what is more, a move off a looong plateau.
    Woo hooo. Don’t quite believe it.
    5 more kilos to go and I will be in the weight range that the riding schools allow on their horses, which will be fantastic. Then I’ll I just need to earn some money to pay for lessons ha ha.

• posted by Lucyjane
    on

It is very encouraging to read about the overnight losses as my weight has not budged in a week ..I am near the end of week 3, being doing 7 km jogs every day, no more than 850 cals…the only slip up being a small slice of bread (I peeled a boiled egg which i thought was hard and it was runny so had to eat with toast too messy otherwise) and my weight has not budged and I have a 32 bmi so not like I don’t have a lot to lose! In three weeks I have only lost 3.5 kilos so do feel a bit disheartened ๐Ÿ™ Still will keep going.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Lucyjane, You could have been writing about me. I’ve just finished Week 3 and have lost 3.5kgs (all of which was lost in Weeks 1 & 2). Having read the threads, this has happened to others. I’m enjoying not feeling hungry between meals and on the odd occasion that I do, a small portion of seeds/nuts or a piece of fruit does the trick. I enjoy the feeling of wellbeing the BSD brings to me. I am also sticking with it. Trust the process – I do.

• posted by Beverley
    on

Lucyjane, I’m beginning to think the secret to this weight loss is drinking more water… lots of water. I don’t lose anything the days I’m not drinking 2 litres or more.

Please log in or register to post a reply.