'Weigh in' thread

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Marcus B
    on

What a beautiful and inspirational thread this is!

It’s so easy to get stuck in the cycle of feeling tired, demotivated and flabby – then reaching for the same foods that caused it in the first place.

Just completed week 1 and have dropped from 224 pounds to 209.

For the first time in a long while I really want to go for a run – happy days!

• posted by AliceInSwitzerland
    on

This thread is great, it’s fantastic to see how well everyone is doing.
    At the end of week 1 I am 2.5kg lighter and have lost 1 inch off my tummy ( I can’t call it a waist when I look more like an apple with legs! )

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi AliceinSwitzerland, an arrow will pierce that apple and make it disappear! The arrow is the BSD diet!! πŸ™‚

Congratulations on your weight loss! πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Marcus, that’s an amazing weight loss in just 1 week. Really looking forward to your future posts!!! πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Fantastic news Kingdoone!!! πŸ™‚

• posted by AliceInSwitzerland
    on

Hi Hashimoto,
    Thanks, I’m hoping to be more of a carrot with legs than an apple in a few months time πŸ™‚
    I love BSD

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Alice
    Oo a carrot on legs!!
    You planning on getting a fake tan ?
    πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

• posted by BobSmith
    on

That must feel really good… Well done.

• posted by Lea71
    on

Sounds like a feast! I will get there – just need to plan to cook new things and not fall back on some of the easy family favorites like pasta and risotto! Thanks for the support.

• posted by TWills63
    on

Another 1lb off this week, which considering it was my birthday at the weekend is pretty impressive! I’m really not finding it that difficult to stick to very low carb eating and I’m sure I’m eating less calories than previously but definitely not less than 800. We’re away on holiday in 10 days and I intend to keep low carb while I’m away (self catering which makes it easier) and I might have another 800 calorie week when we get back.

I haven’t measured myself but am wearing a size smaller jeans that I dug out from th back of the wardrobe (to be fair they are what I call my fat jeans, as opposed to my very fat jeans I have been wearing!)

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Twills, first the very fat jeans, then the fat jeans soon it will be normal jeans!! Keep on keeping on!! πŸ™‚

• posted by Pam1954
    on

Hi All

Lost 3 lb last week, which more than makes up for earlier disappointment. Went to the doctor today for routine appointment re blood pressure medication. My reading was higher than I usually make it – white coat syndrome, perhaps – so no lowering of medication, for a while yet. I was also weighed and learned that I am actually 5 lb less than I thought I was, which puts me on a BMI of 30 and no longer obese! Back to my own scales now, so I suppose I had better lose another 5 lb quickly!

• posted by Kingdoone
    on

I lost 7 pounds in my first week ! 1Β·5 inches off my waist .feel so much better and A good side effect much better digestion . I may have a gluten intolerance which was causing frequent trips to the bathroom about five times a day .
    I am very happy and am managing so far .

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Well done Kingdoone, your experience is proof that we not only need to cut carbs for weight loss but for better health too!

• posted by writer_56
    on

Hello, I’ve been looking for a place on the website to weigh in every week. Is there such a thing? I know there’s my profile. Do we just record our weight there? Thanks in advance for any answers.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi writer_56, you can post in here. You can also post in your profile.
    Many of us keep a record, some on paper, some like me on an excel chart. It helps to have something you can show at medical appointments as well as for your own delight!! It really is lovely to look back over your data, in whatever format you choose, and see how far you have come on this journey.
    πŸ™‚

• posted by Patsy
    on

Another pound down and my trousers are getting baggy.

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Pasty – great!πŸ†
    Penny

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Weight plateaued for five or six days, then I gained 2 1/2 pounds. Now I’ve lost three pounds in three days. Total lost 15 1/2 pound and three inches off each thigh. No more thunder thighs for me!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Good to hear Janet
    Let’s hope that’s the end of the pesky plateaux and you can get back on track now.
    Well done for sticking to your guns

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Thanks Bill, those plateaux are painful! Hence, the gain. But I believe in this programme and I went back to checking everything I eat and have even been walking half an hour a day on my treadmill/clothes horse and its all come together again. Congrats on being med free! What do you think the docs are making of the wave of people coming off meds instead of having to go on them? Didn’t they say metformin is for life not just for Christmas??

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Janet1973 and Bill
    Sounds like you are both doing really well with continued progress. I am attempting to keep a handle on things now that I’m in Turkey. Think it’s going okay. Not weighing in for two months, so I will have to rely on how clothes feel and using ketostix to see if I’m burning fat, as an indication of how I’m doing.
    Weather is in the mid-twenties and sunny. We are settled in and enjoying some R&R. Will post occasionally and keep an eye on the forum periodically during my absence from the UK.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Sunnyb! I was just thinking about you and wondering how you were! So pleased to have you back. I’m sure you’ll do just fine. The food will be so delish you probably imagine it can’t be good for you when really, its the best food for this plan. Enjoy! As you can tell, we are all ambling along as normal here but the weather is kind of picking up. We seem to be getting lots of new members, its great to think word is getting round. Keep in touch, even if it does make me jealous!

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi everyone, 2 weeks in and 3.5 kgs down. No change to waist measurement in the past week.

• posted by writer_56
    on

Thank you, hashimoto! Lovely to see so many kind, encouraging and enthusiastic people on this website. Good luck with your weight loss. You seem to be doing very well. I have only a moderate amount of weight to lose but no diet I’ve ever been on has been so easy or so delicious or successful πŸ™‚ I have lost 4kgs in two weeks. Another 4kg to go. Confession: I am still drinking a glass of wine every night, and occasionally I have an ice cream.

• posted by Patsy
    on

Yikes – I’m up a pound! MUST NOT PANIC!

This could be a temporary blip, right …?

Glad you’re enjoying Turkey, SunnyB

Well done Switzerland and writer 56.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

I got on the scales this morning – a bit blasΓ© – as I was hoping to see my weight had remained stable. What a surprise!!! another pound dropped off!!! Unbelievable!! That is now a loss of 2 stones 11lbs. In my profile I said I hoped to lose 2 stones! As I am now down to 8st 12lbs I really don’t need to lose much more – just four pounds to take me to 8 and a half stones at the most. I’m 5’4″ and 63 years old, I have got down to the weight my orthopaedic surgeon said I needed to be to protect my knee. So I’m very happy.

Keep on keeping on folks, this diet is a miracle!!!

• posted by barby
    on

How fantastic Hashimoto, wow well done !! That is so good and I just hope I will also be able to have those type of losses as I also have a knee problem, among other things. What a result, I would be ecstatic. πŸ™‚

It seems some older women unfairly have very slow weight loss, but not you. Just hope I can get similar results.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Barby just stick to the principles of the diet because if it worked for me it will definitely work for you too. I didn’t really expect it to work, if I am honest, so it is a source of constant wonder that I am the weight I was 20 years ago!!! πŸ™‚

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Patsy
    Don t panic- your body has varying amounts of water and other stuff (!) in it that varies your weight.
    Penny

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Judith – πŸ†
    Penny

• posted by Bill1954
    on

My stepson and business partner, after seeing how I was doing decided 2 weeks ago to cut out the bread pasta rice and potatoes as he was 17.5 stones.
    He still enjoys a couple of beers every night but in week 1 he lost 7lbs, great but we know about week 1 losses. Today for him was weigh day 2 and, incredibly, he lost another 9lbs.
    16lbs in 2 weeks and he isn’t doing the full diet.
    Carbohydrates are evil things.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Well done Bill for getting your stepson on the straight and narrow! What could he achieve if he really put his back into it?!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

I’m so pleased for you both Bill πŸ™‚

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Great news Bill πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Beverley
    on

I was very happy with my first week weight loss and have it has definitely stalled since then (half way through week three), but I’m focusing on the fact that I am retraining how and what I eat, un-learning almost six decades worth of unhelpful eating habits, rather than focusing on the weight loss. It’s hard: the temptation to jump on the scales and check every morning to see if I have lost anything is huge. I know it will come if I stick to the diet.

I think one of the key aspects of this diet is remembering to drink two litres of water a day and I’m finding that not so easy. That’s another lifetime habit I’m working on – remembering to drink more.

For me, most of the dietary changes required in the blood sugar diet are easy because apart from snacks and occasional junk food our basic diet was already very healthy. I am becoming more knowledgeable about high carbohydrate foods though – it is easy to eat too many high carbohydrate healthy foods even when we’ve stopped eating bread and cakes and biscuits!

I’m confident I am going to get there but I still have my doubting moments. I’m finding the forum really helpful. I KNOW this diet is sound, sane, sensible and will set me up for eating healthily for the rest of my life and I want that to be a long time. πŸ™‚

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Another pound gone. Soon (4 pounds) have lost 50 poundsπŸ˜ƒ Over half way to target weightπŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Crikey Lynne, you’te going to be the invisible woman at this rate πŸ˜‰
    Week 11 weigh day for me and after last weeks blip I’ve lost another 2 pounds, takes me down to 12.5 stones and hits the 30 pound loss mark πŸ˜€
    I think I’m well on the way now to hit the first target of 13.5 stones by June 8th
    Another biggie for me, I knew that I had lost 4 inches off my waist so ordered size 42 work trousers. They were slack on me ! The wife got me a pair of new black trousers for the funeral in size 40 and they fit!!!
    That’s 6 inches off my waist, happy isn’t the word.
    Best of luck to all of you on this weeks results.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Wow Bill, you’re going some, yourself!! 6 inches of the waist is fantastic! You’ll be in waist size 38 before you know it! πŸ™‚

• posted by Bill1954
    on

He typo, that should read 14.5 stones.
    Thanks Judith, I think I can do it.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

I realised it was a typo Bill! I know you can reach your target! πŸ™‚ The hardest part is the beginning πŸ™‚

• posted by vanessah
    on

I was getting severe headaches from drinking 2lt of water and felt dehydrated! Talked to a nurse friend and she said to increase my salt as too much fluid can ditute it and that causes headaches. Hhave cut back on water and increased salt a little and feel so much better. I know it was my first week and you can expect withdrawal symptoms but I have had this before when just increasing my water. I will gradually increase my liquids think I am on about 1 and 1/2 ltrs at the moment Lost 6lb at end of first week and am pleased but had hoped for more as I have been under 800 cals all week and believe I am doing what I’m supposed to. I need to lose a lot of weight -6 1/2 stone would be good

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Beverly
    πŸ‘πŸ½
    Penny

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Vanessa
    Glad you’re feeling better.
    On diet doctor.com they say low carb diet makes you excrete more salt and we should eat more so it makes sense
    Best of luck
    Penny

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Have finally hit the top of my BMI range today for the first time in probably four years. I don’t really believe in the bmi but as its out there, I set it as a major milestone in my progress. So I had to lose 17 pounds to get there. Today I made it. It makes me believe I can manage to lose another 11 pound to get to a weight I’d be happy to live with. Its also a weight I never thought I’d see again.

I’ve had a great week this week after a scary long plateau, 4 and a half pounds off in a week. That’s the most I have ever lost on any diet in a week – and in week 9 as well! So I think actually – thank you plateau!

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi Vanessa
    I’m glad the salt has helped you. There is a danger when we increase our fluids so much and so quickly that we throw the baby out with the bathwater and wash away the good with the bad. Many of us are already on low salt regimes cos they told us to, when again, was salt really the enemy? Maybe not as much as they would have us believe. Maybe the salt issue only masks the real issue which is sugar. But anyway, I’m glad you are on the mend. Keep going!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Great news Janet!!! I know BMI is not wholly accurate but it is a helpful guideline! You’ll get that other 11 lbs off fairly soon! πŸ™‚

• posted by Natalie
    on

Today I was under 80 kgs for the first time in years! 79.9, starting weight 84.5. As a short female I am still very overweight (I think the normal BMI range is 45 – 58, I’d be very happy with 60), but this is a great milestone for me. Onwards and downwards.

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Janet- great news.
    Yes body builders have terrible BMIs without having any fat!
    (The other option is the scales that also measure fat, which I’ve got but not dared to check… Maybe I will ….)
    Fantastically well done! I have 12 lbs to go to that goal
    Penny

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Janet
    On diet doctor . Com they say we excrete more salt on low carb so should eat more- I don’t think MM has said this but it seems to be true. It’s nice to have some salt again!
    Penny

Please log in or register to post a reply.